PDA

View Full Version : The aftermath: A LoveLess day

MadtownPacker
10-23-2022, 05:01 PM
I haven’t been impressed with what I’ve seen of Love, just like everyone. But, yea but, no way he could have been worse than what Rodgers was today. He would’ve at least run the ball for a third down and that would’ve been significant. Maybe he would even actually hit a pass.

The time has come to see if Love can win when it counts?

RashanGary
10-23-2022, 05:03 PM
Go a couple more games with Rodgers. If they fall out of the playoff hunt, play love.

red
10-23-2022, 05:06 PM
tough call. but i agree love couldn't be much worse at this point

Teamcheez1
10-23-2022, 05:10 PM
If we had traded Rodgers and Adams, we would not only have a slew of draft picks, but the opportunity to see what Love offers. If he failed, we would at least have a clearer path for the future.

RashanGary
10-23-2022, 05:15 PM
I don’t think we can get out of the Rodgers contract. I think we’re stuck with him if he wants to play.

The Shadow
10-23-2022, 05:23 PM
Throwing endless ineffectual flat passes does not make for a very successful approach.

red
10-23-2022, 06:18 PM
Throwing endless ineffectual flat passes does not make for a very successful approach.

don't forget the bombs that land 20 yards past his receivers

Fosco33
10-23-2022, 06:43 PM
Did he have 5 or whatever drops, muff the punt, hold on a defensive TD?

At points today he was down to a slow Sammy, Amari, Toure, etc.

Not saying he played well - but anyone who’s calling for The Love Machine is on some serious dank shit.

bobblehead
10-23-2022, 06:47 PM

Not saying he played well - but anyone who’s calling for The Love Machine is on some serious dank shit.

If Love were the QB and the results were identical everyone would be blaming him and calling him an abject failure.

That being said cut amari yesterday. The guy who scrubs the black marks off my driveway was a returner in high school....pretty sure he would be an upgrade.

Rastak
10-23-2022, 06:54 PM
I will say benching Rodgers would go about as great as a Lead Balloon. Can you imagine how that guy would react?

Sparkey
10-23-2022, 07:31 PM
Next year 5 guys will be taking up 50% of the cap.

call_me_ishmael
10-23-2022, 07:40 PM
I watched the 4th quarter today with my son, I rarely get time to do it these days. My god did they look awful. What the fudge happened to Jaire? How you get beat 2x for key plays?? Man, this team is really a mess right now. ARod looked awful, I agree.

pittstang5
10-23-2022, 08:28 PM
Last week I wanted Jenkins moved back to guard - It happened.

This week, I want Amari Rodgers off any and all punt returns. I don't care if whoever you have back there makes a fair catch every single punt from next week to the end of the season. Amari Rodgers should never see another punt ever again.

Sparkey
10-23-2022, 09:07 PM
Watching SNF, at halftime. Rodgers is not even seeing open guys. Playing scared in the pocket and taking the checkdown.

red
10-23-2022, 09:39 PM
Watching SNF, at halftime. Rodgers is not even seeing open guys. Playing scared in the pocket and taking the checkdown.

thats how he's been a awhile now, just seems to be worse this season

red
10-23-2022, 09:41 PM
Last week I wanted Jenkins moved back to guard - It happened.

This week, I want Amari Rodgers off any and all punt returns. I don't care if whoever you have back there makes a fair catch every single punt from next week to the end of the season. Amari Rodgers should never see another punt ever again.

we've seen punt returners lose their jobs for worse

he has no return ability, so he's in there just to be a sure hand , but he's not even doing that anymore

QBME
10-23-2022, 09:43 PM
It is always darkest just before dawn.

QBME
10-23-2022, 09:44 PM
Or before it goes completely black.

MadtownPacker
10-23-2022, 10:35 PM

I am and it is way serious.

Cmon man, don’t you want to throw some logs on the fire?

Rutnstrut
10-23-2022, 11:40 PM
Rodgers has been dropping off for a while. If you can't see that, take off the green and gold glasses. They should have traded his ass when he was worth something. That said, Love is absolute garbage. But that's their options since they refuse to ever get a vet back up QB.

Fritz
10-24-2022, 06:34 AM
A vet backup QB is the least of this team's needs.

Joemailman
10-24-2022, 07:51 AM
Aaron Nagler

4th and 1. You have AJ Dillon. Of course you go gun and throw to a rookie.

Aaron was ranting pretty good yesterday.

Joemailman
10-24-2022, 07:53 AM
I know Tex will disagree, but at this point it looks like Adams was doing more for Rodgers than Rodgers was doing for Adams.

beveaux1
10-24-2022, 08:03 AM
I know Tex will disagree, but at this point it looks like Adams was doing more for Rodgers than Rodgers was doing for Adams.

Sure looks like it. At least Adams gets to play close to home. Neither team looks like playoff material.

Sparkey
10-24-2022, 08:17 AM
https://zonecoverage.com/2022/packers/the-packers-should-try-to-skip-the-bills-game/

The Packers Should Try To Skip The Bills Game --- No 6! lol

ThunderDan
10-24-2022, 09:19 AM
I love this paragraph from that article.

Aaron Rodgers boasts a total Quarterback Rating of 38.4, which is good for 25th-best, and he’s averaging a disappointing 6.7 yards per passing attempt. But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

Jaire
10-24-2022, 10:09 AM
Not going to write the season off yet. The key will be to see this Oline improve week to week in the present line up. They can turn it around esp if they add a wide out before trade deadline. Really, all it takes is one game: it was San Fran last year. There's enough talent, both player and coach wise, and character that it can be fixed. Just a lot of challenges to make it all work.

texaspackerbacker
10-24-2022, 11:41 AM

I was considering a moratorium on posting in the Packer part of the forum because of the generally disgusting overall situation, but since my name has been taken in vain, I guess I'll continue to march. I've only read about half of the threads so far this morning, and it's amazing how much panicky stupidity is being posted. Sheeeeesh people.

Hell no, Adams wasn't doing more for Rodgers; It was clearly the other way around. What I will say, though, Adams meant more to the team in general than I thought he did. I figured that we'd go on pretty much as always without him - and there's enough season left that it still could turn out that way.

I'll save the rest for replies in other threads except to say, hell no, Jordan Love is NOT the solution to anything, present or future. As bad as it is, it would be far worse with him or just about anybody other than Rodgers.

MadtownPacker
10-24-2022, 02:01 PM
Tex you gonna tell me that it wouldn’t be best to sit Rodgers for the Bills game where they are likely gonna open a can of whoopass all over the Packers? Let Love play this game and Rodgers gets to rest up to see what’s left of the season after that.

MadtownPacker
10-24-2022, 02:04 PM
Let’s not all forget when Favre got hurt in Dallas and Rodgers came in and got everyone excited for a comeback until he hurt his leg. Yesterday should have been Love’s opportunity to do the same. ask for those questioning benching Rodger, who the fuck is he? The 2010 SB has been a long time.

pittstang5
10-24-2022, 02:36 PM
Not going to write the season off yet. The key will be to see this Oline improve week to week in the present line up. They can turn it around esp if they add a wide out before trade deadline. Really, all it takes is one game: it was San Fran last year. There's enough talent, both player and coach wise, and character that it can be fixed. Just a lot of challenges to make it all work.

In all seriousness, I wish I had your optimism.

But what I saw yesterday, in all facets - Defense, Offense and SP teams - is a team that is just not good.

I truly hope you're right, but I just can't see it.

MadScientist
10-24-2022, 03:45 PM
I don’t think we can get out of the Rodgers contract. I think we’re stuck with him if he wants to play.

The best that can be done cap wise is cutting Rodgers after June 1st 2024. That leaves 22M dead money in 2024 and 45M in 2025, but net savings in cap money in both years. Painful, but if Rodgers is still playing like this next year, that's the best that can be done.

For this year, maybe have the team doctor re-evaluate his thumb and declare that he needs to go on IR for 4 weeks to rehab it. Thumbs can be a problem all season (see Favre in 1999). Best to rest him, see what Love can do for a few games, and see if there is any hope for Rodgers and the team down the stretch.

bobblehead
10-24-2022, 07:38 PM
I am and it is way serious.

Cmon man, don’t you want to throw some logs on the fire?

As much as I would like to see Love, that move would slam the door on the Rodgers era. Fosco is right that Arod isn't getting a lot of help. I say if we arennear out if it by week 12 you let Love finish the year....but not week 7.

Rutnstrut
10-24-2022, 08:23 PM
As much as I would like to see Love, that move would slam the door on the Rodgers era. Fosco is right that Arod isn't getting a lot of help. I say if we arennear out if it by week 12 you let Love finish the year....but not week 7.

He's not exactly helping either.

ThunderDan
10-24-2022, 08:25 PM
We are in pretty bad shape and I am not just talking about the OL and WR.

We are 3-4, assuming we lose to the Bills we are 3-5. We will need to finish the season 7-2 to make sure we make the playoffs. Finishing 6-3 leaves us in limbo at 9-8.

texaspackerbacker
10-24-2022, 08:33 PM
Tex you gonna tell me that it wouldn’t be best to sit Rodgers for the Bills game where they are likely gonna open a can of whoopass all over the Packers? Let Love play this game and Rodgers gets to rest up to see what’s left of the season after that.

Your status as forum owner prevents me from detailing exactly what I am thinking right now about your posting, but I'm sure you can imagine. I promise to be less restrained as I read and reply to the idiocy of others.

MadtownPacker
10-25-2022, 11:49 PM
As much as I would like to see Love, that move would slam the door on the Rodgers era. Fosco is right that Arod isn't getting a lot of help. I say if we arennear out if it by week 12 you let Love finish the year....but not week 7.Putting in Love in Sunday’s game when shit was going bad would not have forced that situation. Rodgers injury could have been used as the excuse.

MadtownPacker
10-25-2022, 11:55 PM
Your status as forum owner prevents me from detailing exactly what I am thinking right now about your posting, but I'm sure you can imagine. I promise to be less restrained as I read and reply to the idiocy of others.I have never once put my “status “ as a weight in my arguments about thread subjects. If your response is to tell me I’m fucking stupid for saying that then go ahead and say it. Others do. You’re not exactly answering the question I asked you so can’t say I’m getting an intelligent response anyways. For the record the statement with the bills game was with the scenario that Rodgers was injured and that’s why Love with play. Reality is Rodgers is dinged up and the bills are probably about to finish his ass off.

texaspackerbacker
10-26-2022, 01:11 AM
Your question was do I think it would be better to sit Rodgers for the Bills game? If I didn't answer that, it's because it's too idiotic a question to deserve an answer. HELL NO! I don't think they should sit Rodgers. If the panicky crap of the negativists come true, and the Packers do get blown out, then if we get 4 or 5 TDs down by the end of the 3rd quarter, then, yeah, ya'all can see some Love hahahaha. But I'm not prepared to expect that.

As good overall as Buffalo is, I doubt their D and especially their pass rush is as good as the Redskins.

If they held out for fear of injury, the whiners and piss ants calling him shit like Sharon, etc. would be all over that like stink on shit, and maybe justified considering what Favre played with.

bobblehead
10-26-2022, 09:49 AM

Meh. It clearly didn't help, but I don't think he was "making" Rodgers. We lost both our mid range guy (adams) and our deep threat as well (MVS). Where tex has always been wrong is how much the OL did for Rodgers and isn't this year. The last 2 years they also provided a great run game which helped Rodgers more than tex will ever admit.

Rodgers can still have a great season. He didn't regress from MVP to crap overnight. He isn't young Rodgers anymore though. He needs a supporting cast. I will be very interested to see how he handles the cold.

bobblehead
10-26-2022, 09:50 AM
Rodgers has been dropping off for a while. If you can't see that, take off the green and gold glasses. They should have traded his ass when he was worth something. That said, Love is absolute garbage. But that's their options since they refuse to ever get a vet back up QB.

Apparently everyone that has a vote for MVP wears GandG glasses also.

bobblehead
10-26-2022, 09:52 AM

Excellent post. We are fans and as such even more moody than Rodgers. I try to be contrarian most of the time simply because reality usually lies in the middle of fans extremes.

bobblehead
10-26-2022, 09:55 AM

bit by the bug

bobblehead
10-26-2022, 09:58 AM
Putting in Love in Sunday’s game when shit was going bad would not have forced that situation. Rodgers injury could have been used as the excuse.

Possibly. But we were still in it the entire game. Rodgers probably still gave us the best chance to win....and losing really hurt the playoff prospects.

bobblehead
10-26-2022, 10:00 AM
Your question was do I think it would be better to sit Rodgers for the Bills game? If I didn't answer that, it's because it's too idiotic a question to deserve an answer. HELL NO! I don't think they should sit Rodgers. If the panicky crap of the negativists come true, and the Packers do get blown out, then if we get 4 or 5 TDs down by the end of the 3rd quarter, then, yeah, ya'all can see some Love hahahaha. But I'm not prepared to expect that.

As good overall as Buffalo is, I doubt their D and especially their pass rush is as good as the Redskins.

If they held out for fear of injury, the whiners and piss ants calling him shit like Sharon, etc. would be all over that like stink on shit, and maybe justified considering what Favre played with.

Please watch some NFL games. The bills have the best defense in the league. You make statements like that and wonder why people don't take you seriously.

texaspackerbacker
10-26-2022, 05:56 PM
I said their pass rush probably isn't as good as Washington's. Are you disagreeing with that? Their overall D? Close on that considering opponents, ball control by the teams' offense, etc.

BTW, the past tense of "lead" is "led", you pompous ass.

Joemailman
10-26-2022, 06:06 PM
Buffalo and Washington both have 19 sacks. Buffalo has played 1 less game. Washington gets pressure on the QB 26.2% of the time. Buffalo 22.9. Washington blitzes more than Buffalo. Buffalo blitzes 15% of the time, which is one of the lowest in the NFL.

Bretsky
10-26-2022, 06:15 PM
Buffalo and Washington both have 19 sacks. Buffalo has played 1 less game. Washington gets pressure on the QB 26.2% of the time. Buffalo 22.9. Washington blitzes more than Buffalo. Buffalo blitzes 15% of the time, which is one of the lowest in the NFL.

Buffalos defense is way better imo and I don

bobblehead
10-27-2022, 12:29 AM
I said their pass rush probably isn't as good as Washington's. Are you disagreeing with that? Their overall D? Close on that considering opponents, ball control by the teams' offense, etc.

I looked at my previous several posts in this thread and couldn't see where I used either one. I'm also not the spelling or tense police. I think people who do that are usually small minded and trying to point out simple miscues to bolster their fragile ego. Or is it there fragile ego. I make mistakes on a message board sometimes. Big woop...or is it whoop.

Sparkey
10-27-2022, 08:39 AM
I looked at my previous several posts in this thread and couldn't see where I used either one. I'm also not the spelling or tense police. I think people who do that are usually small minded and trying to point out simple miscues to bolster their fragile ego. Or is it there fragile ego. I make mistakes on a message board sometimes. Big woop...or is it whoop.

you forgot " de dooo!" lol

Joemailman
10-27-2022, 08:43 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlBr2fyqn9g

texaspackerbacker
10-27-2022, 03:59 PM

"I'll give you full credit. But you hate Erin so your view of it all is jaded. I agree with you on a lot. I don't think either of us needs to be lead to water. Hell I doubt either of us is capable of being lead anywhere."

From post #34 of the CALL OUT THE BLAME thread. I agree with your content and was gonna just let the grammar/spelling faux pas slide - until I read your post in this thread. As for calling out spelling and grammar errors, I'm just keeping up the tradition of our dear departed mraynrand.

Fritz
10-28-2022, 09:28 AM

Oh for fuck's sake Tex, look at what you actually did say: "I doubt their D and especially their pass rush is as good..."

I DOUBT THEIR D.

YOU wrote that.

And why is everybody so absolutely convinced that Love is a terrible QB? I am on the record here as saying they guy needs to play for a season before we can say whether he's going to be a good QB or not. And even Rodgers's first full season as a starter (after sitting for the same number of years as Love is) was pretty up-and-down.

So we don't really know if Love will be garbage or be good. Not yet.

bobblehead
10-28-2022, 10:58 AM

I think its dee doo. Don't you feel smaller now?

bobblehead
10-28-2022, 10:59 AM
"I'll give you full credit. But you hate Erin so your view of it all is jaded. I agree with you on a lot. I don't think either of us needs to be lead to water. Hell I doubt either of us is capable of being lead anywhere."

From post #34 of the CALL OUT THE BLAME thread. I agree with your content and was gonna just let the grammar/spelling faux pas slide - until I read your post in this thread. As for calling out spelling and grammar errors, I'm just keeping up the tradition of our dear departed mraynrand.

Ah, got me. I was looking at our discussion in this thread not other ones. Yep. I feel shame.

Sparkey
10-28-2022, 01:59 PM
I think its dee doo. Don't you feel smaller now?

Smaller than ? ( or is that rhetorical ) ;)

MadtownPacker
11-27-2022, 10:37 PM
Would still be in the playoff hunt if it had happened then..