PDA

View Full Version : DJ Moore?

Anti-Polar Bear
10-26-2022, 10:04 AM
YouTube influencer, Basaraski, is saying that a “source” told him that the Packers and Panthers have agreed to a trade package for Moore. But the deal is being delayed as both teams figure out who pays what part of Moore’s contract.

Something to be excited about, or much ado about nothing?

bobblehead
10-26-2022, 10:29 AM
If you could get them to eat some of that deal it would be great. Not sure how that all works out though.

Anti-Polar Bear
10-26-2022, 10:41 AM
If you could get them to eat some of that deal it would be great. Not sure how that all works out though.

As someone who has passed the Wisconsin CPAs, trust me when I say this: cook the fucking cap and get the fucking deal done already, before the fucking Rams jump into the fray and offer Carolina a 1st, a 2nd and a 6th, despite LA not having a tons of draft capital left and being in a so-called cap hell.

Joemailman
10-26-2022, 10:58 AM
As someone who has passed the Wisconsin CPAs, trust me when I say this: cook the fucking cap and get the fucking deal done already, before the fucking Rams jump into the fray and offer Carolina a 1st, a 2nd and a 6th, despite LA not having a tons of draft capital left and being in a so-called cap hell.

Good news! Rams don't have a 1st round pick in 2023 because of the Stafford trade.

MadtownPacker
10-26-2022, 11:39 AM
Good news! Rams don't have a 1st round pick in 2023 because of the Stafford trade.How did that work out for them?

Anti-Polar Bear
10-26-2022, 12:01 PM
Good news! Rams don't have a 1st round pick in 2023 because of the Stafford trade.

True, but they do, so long as the League continues to exist, have infinite future 1st rounders. Who’s to say the Rams can’t trade 2025, 2026, 2027 1sts for Moore?

Bretsky
10-26-2022, 04:25 PM
How did that work out for them?

I'd give up a first any year to win a Super Bowl :)

Bretsky
10-26-2022, 04:26 PM
was the DJ Moore news a bunch of crap or are there any reports out there ?

Joemailman
10-26-2022, 04:35 PM
was the DJ Moore news a bunch of crap or are there any reports out there ?

There are some youtube guys talking about it, but none of the Packer beat writers that I know of have picked up on it.

Bretsky
10-26-2022, 05:27 PM
Silverstein writes an article that the Packers should be checking with there QB before making any deal for a WR. Interesting
Sounds like Claypool is a ton of talent, but he might be another drama queen. We have that at QB so two might be scary

texaspackerbacker
10-26-2022, 05:39 PM
I'm coming around to the idea of trading for a WR, but giving a first round pick or anything near that for Moore or pretty much anybody this side of D J Metcalf is ridiculous. I read that they're thiking about trading for A J Green also. At his age, he obviously would be pretty cheap. That sort of trade or maybe as much as a 3rd for Claypool would make sense, but let's not get carried away by the current situation.

Bretsky
10-26-2022, 06:18 PM
Agree Tex for sure, nothing more than a 3rd. And given how gutes round 3 picks usually suck I would focus on giving up that round. Hell if it’s too much give up. 3rd for a wr and a 5th..lol

Jaire
10-26-2022, 08:04 PM
Hot dang.

Gute must be reading my posts. ;)

After thinking about this more, I just didn't think any WRs available would REALLY help. Most have the SAME probs as our guys right now. But Moore is legit: I didn't expect it and it's an admission that their recent drafts (and this one to an extent) are just FUBAR. But, I really like it. The outcomes are GOOD and BETTER: either this pans out for Gute and it's a serious run OR this doesn't pan out and the door hits him in the rear end sooner. No way this wouldn't be a great thing.

Jaire
10-26-2022, 09:20 PM
As someone who has passed the Wisconsin CPAs, trust me when I say this: cook the cap and get the deal done already, before the fucking Rams jump into the fray and offer Carolina a 1st, a 2nd and a 6th, despite LA not having a tons of draft capital left and being in a so-called cap hell.

No way. I actually agree with APB and may start reading her posts again.

bobblehead
10-26-2022, 11:33 PM
I'd give up a first any year to win a Super Bowl :)

But would you give it up for a CHANCE to win one? You know....like all the teams that tried it and it DIDN'T work out. Ask Denver what they would give up to be 2-5. How about the Raiders to be 2-4? The Dolphins sold out this year and trail the Jets. But surely the Browns will win one right? right?? But hey, the 59ers were just a good QB from winning it all so they traded for TREY!!

But the Rams won one and probably will again...or not.

Tony Oday
10-27-2022, 10:08 AM
https://www.instagram.com/reel/CjyVlHKvWY2/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Lol this is how the Pack is looking for WRs.

Sparkey
10-27-2022, 11:59 AM
No matter who they add, it wont make a difference. The first time the new guy runs an incorrect route or drops a pass or fails to catch a low heater from our QB, he will be blacklisted.

Anti-Polar Bear
10-27-2022, 01:49 PM
Chefs acquire Toney. Meanwhile, the German Shepherd remains in hibernation.

oldbutnotdeadyet
10-27-2022, 02:23 PM
Chefs acquire Toney. Meanwhile, the German Shepherd remains in hibernation.

When do we recognize our time is over? Time to start a rebuild. I hope I live long enough..

jklowan
10-27-2022, 02:43 PM
a 3rd and a 6th for Toney, man if we do aquire Moore he is gonna cost a ton of draft capitol. Toney had really no production in the NFL yet and is always injured.

beveaux1
10-27-2022, 03:36 PM
a 3rd and a 6th for Toney, man if we do aquire Moore he is gonna cost a ton of draft capitol. Toney had really no production in the NFL yet and is always injured.

There are no bargains on trade deadline trades. Supply and demand.

red
10-27-2022, 04:07 PM
No matter who they add, it wont make a difference. The first time the new guy runs an incorrect route or drops a pass or fails to catch a low heater from our QB, he will be blacklisted.

i completely agree, a WR no matter how good he is, isn't gonna fix whats wrong with this team

and agree again that the new guy doesn't know the system and will be thrown right under the bus a long with everyone else on the team the first time rodgers one hops a pass to him or sails a ball 20 yards over his head

Jaire
10-27-2022, 07:51 PM
The Rodgers hate is very strong.

Receivers last week were running wrong routes all over the place. I think this is why AR said they needed to simplify: get a few plays down really well and build from there. It's an absolute train wreck. Not helped by a revolving door of WR injured and on IR.

Who can help????? Two receivers that come to mind: Cook and D.J. Moore. Two guys that legit know how to run clean routes.

Don't know if they can fix this, but you have to start again. Your window is closing. So, you have to go all in -- philosophy don't matter right now. If this fails, the whole FO is getting cleaned out (at least in any other organization in the league).

MadScientist
10-28-2022, 01:49 AM
Moore won't solve Rodger's thumb problem, but he'd be a great addition to the team. A huge upgrade in receiving talent. Instantly defenses have a receiver they have to actually worry about. They won't just be able to play man and shut everyone down. The other receivers will get a boost as well, since they will be guarded by lesser players and the other teams might play zone a bit more which works in the Packers favor. More holes will open up for the running game as well. If the offense can actually score on a regular basis, it takes pressure off the defense and they will play better.

The cap cost is pretty manageable, especially with some very minor contract tweaks. They question is how much is he going to cost to get?

Fritz
10-28-2022, 08:48 AM
I think the big picture question is whether the window of opportunity is closing or whether it's already nailed shut.

MadScientist
10-28-2022, 09:56 AM
I think the big picture question is whether the window of opportunity is closing or whether it's already nailed shut.

For this year, possibly. For the next two years, hopefully not.

bobblehead
10-28-2022, 10:55 AM
The Rodgers hate is very strong.

Receivers last week were running wrong routes all over the place. I think this is why AR said they needed to simplify: get a few plays down really well and build from there. It's an absolute train wreck. Not helped by a revolving door of WR injured and on IR.

Who can help????? Two receivers that come to mind: Cook and D.J. Moore. Two guys that legit know how to run clean routes.

Don't know if they can fix this, but you have to start again. Your window is closing. So, you have to go all in -- philosophy don't matter right now. If this fails, the whole FO is getting cleaned out (at least in any other organization in the league).

Its a fickle group. Fans polarize. Its what we do. Rodgers is either Christ amongst us, or the devil in Green and Gold depending on the week/season. I try to stay even on him. He is a pretty sharp guy who is way too thin skinned.

Bretsky
10-28-2022, 10:58 AM

Toney is a big talent with supposedly a marginal attitude but I think he's on his first deal so he's relatively cheap.

I think DJ moore would be fine but I just wanna trade our 3rd. And no way do I wanna give up draft capital for anybody with 1 year left. It'll take Sharon a while to get used to anybody although with where we are at he'll need to if we bring anybody in

Fritz
10-28-2022, 04:53 PM
Its a fickle group. Fans polarize. Its what we do. Rodgers is either Christ amongst us, or the devil in Green and Gold depending on the week/season. I try to stay even on him. He is a pretty sharp guy who is way too thin skinned.

While I agree with your analysis of Rodgers, I tend to see him as Christ amongst us when he plays well and the devil in Green and Gold when the team sucks. Though overall I think his thin-skinned-ness has kept him from becoming the greatest of all time. He's great, don't get me wrong - but he's missing that one final bit you need in order to be considered the greatest who ever played the game.

red
10-28-2022, 05:27 PM

guess it depends on if we are seeing an aaron rodgers that has dropped his head and run full speed into the wall of old age or not

Jaire
10-28-2022, 05:49 PM

I stepped back, don't scrutinize his failings, which we all have. He is a unique character, also perhaps the greatest QB ever. At least those who are in that conversation, also have warts and each is very different from the others so that it really is very hard to compare them: Manning, Brady and AR are very different QBs. The talent around them, coaching, FOs have more to do with their number of rings than their own play.

Bottom line: we would never have been in a position to think about any SB without AR. He's never had some of the amazing teams other SB QBs have had. It takes a team. The closest I think he came to a great team was 2014, which I can in no way put on his shoulders. He made a couple mistakes, but not one that cost the game, and brought them back to tie it. It was a bizarre 10 other plays that snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. Very solid team. Last year's was solie too, just decimated on offense, or I think they walk to the Lombardi: unfortunate.

On top of that, he's given so many amazing performances, just fun to watch. Hopefully a few more before he hangs them up.

texaspackerbacker
10-28-2022, 06:19 PM
This talk about "thin-skinnedness" or whatever attitude is just totally weird and unwarranted. It's the made up crap of the God damned fake news media and/or just plain poster-generated stupidity - either of which comes from people having absolutely no direct knowledge. Sure, maybe he is the asshole that negativists like to picture him as, but there is absolutely zero proof or even evidence of that - except refusing to sign an autograph for Madtown's kid hahahaha. Nobody else has any definitive knowledge of his character. Have we even heard one word like that shit from any coaches or players playing with him (disgruntled former players don't count - ya'all know the shithead I'm referring to).

As for his play on the field, Rodgers playing with virtually any other team's O Line and/or many other team's receiving corps would have been even greater than he has been with the Packers. I shutter to think of how great he would be even now in his late thirties if he ended up on some other team that actually gave him consistent time to throw and receivers who could get open.

I voted for Barry as the culprit in the other thread, but I'm thinking maybe the Gutekunst voters there had it right. Even though we've had such excellent records since he was the GM, it's 90%+ because of Rodgers, and it coulda/shoulda been even better if the GM had maximized things.

Jaire
10-28-2022, 06:41 PM
Thin skinned....... I get what folks are talking about. But you've never seen Brady or Manning completely chew out grown men or wreck equipment. AR is just not an Alpha type: he's a bit passive aggressive and will just deliver revenge on an opponent with cold precision: not a usual QB in that regard, but I can appreciate it.

Anti-Polar Bear
10-28-2022, 09:19 PM
Thin skinned....... I get what folks are talking about. But you've never seen Brady or Manning completely chew out grown men or wreck equipment. AR is just not an Alpha type: he's a bit passive aggressive and will just deliver revenge on an opponent with cold precision: not a usual QB in that regard, but I can appreciate it.

This season alone, Brady was caught on tape breaking a tablet and chewing out his Yokozuna of an offensive line.

texaspackerbacker
10-28-2022, 11:44 PM

I'm with you on most of your recent posts, Jaire, but you too are assuming here (and you know what that does hahahaha). Yeah, we know that Rodgers doesn't get violent with tablets or chewing out people on the field or whatever, but that "passive aggressive" stuff, you're assuming things without evidence just like those negativists do so often. I don't think there has been anything than an eyeroll.

Freak Out
10-29-2022, 12:08 PM
Cooks from Houston could probably be had for cheap.

texaspackerbacker
10-29-2022, 02:54 PM
True. I'd rather have Cooks for cheap than Moore for expensive.

Bretsky
10-29-2022, 06:58 PM
True. I'd rather have Cooks for cheap than Moore for expensive.

me as well, if he does come cheap.

I'm not sure I'd invest much draft capital in anything at this point

Freak Out
10-30-2022, 01:10 AM
His contract is bigger than the others mentioned but they would probably require much more draft capital.

bobblehead
10-30-2022, 11:56 AM
me as well, if he does come cheap.

I'm not sure I'd invest much draft capital in anything at this point

This. I think the trade for a wr window is closed. If we lose tonight, why waste resources. If we win, do we really need to make a trade? Going into the home of the odds favorite to win the owl would mean we can do it with what we have.

Bretsky
10-30-2022, 01:44 PM
This. I think the trade for a wr window is closed. If we lose tonight, why waste resources. If we win, do we really need to make a trade? Going into the home of the odds favorite to win the owl would mean we can do it with what we have.

Assuming we lose tonight, and given we just got done with the easier part of our schedule and have a rough second half IMO, the bigger question.....is are we still buyers, OR sellers ?

Poll perhaps ? :)

bobblehead
10-30-2022, 02:57 PM
Assuming we lose tonight, and given we just got done with the easier part of our schedule and have a rough second half IMO, the bigger question.....is are we still buyers, OR sellers ?

Poll perhaps ? :)

Sellers! Arod to indy for a 1 and a 2

red
10-30-2022, 05:36 PM
as much as i would love to see us add a WR, i think we might be closer to sellers

we've got some big contracts that would be nice to unload, and some young guys we are about to have to pay (jenkins)

however you know damn well if we trade anyone, #12 will throw and all out shit fit and be even more of a giant whinny pussy then he already is

Fritz
10-30-2022, 06:03 PM
Bobble, if that is remotely realistic, I'd do that in a heartbeat.

ThunderDan
10-30-2022, 06:36 PM
Well DJ Moore is extremely talented and has a 2 cent brain.

texaspackerbacker
10-30-2022, 07:04 PM
No team should EVER be "sellers" in football or any sport. It's just stupid and counter-productive to fire-sale your players.

In addition, the whiny piss ants calling themselves fans who think like that are nothing more than spoiled ingrates and pathetic boneheads.

red
10-30-2022, 08:03 PM
sellers

we need to be sellers