PDA

View Full Version : Peter Bukowski vs John Kuhn Twitter Fight

RashanGary
10-30-2022, 04:41 PM
Bulowski was ripping Rodgers for calling out mental errors, saying 12 isnt accountable. Kuhn called Pete a drama queen, defended Rodgers and called out Pete as a hack journalist. Bukowski said Kuhn was being sexist by using the term drama queen and homophobic. He said it’s not fair to criticize a journalist for doing his job and that’s not how this works.

So journalists can hide behind (I’m just doing my job) and everyone else has to just deal with it, whether it’s friend or family being torn down.

Nah. These journalists deserve some criticism. Glad to see players and former players call out the trash journalism on Twitter and the McCaffey show and where ever else their voices can he heard. Like Tex says, there are a bunch of trashy journalists and in the era of social media, and alternative media, it’s refreshing to see them take some hits back.

red
10-30-2022, 05:26 PM
no clue who the one guy is, but ho the fuck is john kuhn to call anyone a "hack journalist"

kuhn is literally a rah rah spin man for the packers. "that 70-0 ass kicking wasn't as bad as you might think. a couple balls bounce our way and we're almost right back in that game. good overall team effort despite the score"

yup, theres a lot of fake bull shit wanna be "journalists" out there, but its nice to sometimes see someone be allowed to say something negative about the team that many fans actually agree with

RashanGary
10-30-2022, 05:51 PM
Nah. Players are giving their all. No need to cut down people for not performing. Id rather see support and positivity.

I still like watching this team lose. I hope they stick together and lose with some comradery. Life isn’t all W’s. How you lose can be inspiring.

Fritz
10-30-2022, 06:02 PM
no clue who the one guy is, but ho the fuck is john kuhn to call anyone a "hack journalist"

kuhn is literally a rah rah spin man for the packers. "that 70-0 ass kicking wasn't as bad as you might think. a couple balls bounce our way and we're almost right back in that game. good overall team effort despite the score"

yup, theres a lot of fake bull shit wanna be "journalists" out there, but its nice to sometimes see someone be allowed to say something negative about the team that many fans actually agree with

Red speaks truth.

texaspackerbacker
10-30-2022, 07:00 PM
As I have said, ONLY shitheads of the media and dumbass posters have called out Rodgers, NOT coaches, players, or former players (with that one piss ant of an exception).

Anybody siding with a media asshole - any of those bastards over a loyal former Packer doesn't deserve to call themselves a fan.

RashanGary
10-30-2022, 07:05 PM
Tex, I don’t care what they say about you, you’re loyal af. No one can take that from you.

RashanGary
10-30-2022, 07:07 PM
Kuhn too. Good friend.

ThunderDan
10-30-2022, 07:08 PM
So John Kuhn is a member of the media. Hired by the Packers. Is he a media puke or what?

Jaire
10-30-2022, 08:17 PM
Bulowski was ripping Rodgers for calling out mental errors, saying 12 isnt accountable. Kuhn called Pete a drama queen, defended Rodgers and called out Pete as a hack journalist. Bukowski said Kuhn was being sexist by using the term drama queen and homophobic. He said it’s not fair to criticize a journalist for doing his job and that’s not how this works.

So journalists can hide behind (I’m just doing my job) and everyone else has to just deal with it, whether it’s friend or family being torn down.

Nah. These journalists deserve some criticism. Glad to see players and former players call out the trash journalism on Twitter and the McCaffey show and where ever else their voices can he heard. Like Tex says, there are a bunch of trashy journalists and in the era of social media, and alternative media, it’s refreshing to see them take some hits back.

Bukowski is the worst. Some terrible analysis and thinks he's all that.

Bretsky
10-30-2022, 08:33 PM
Bukowski is the worst. Some terrible analysis and thinks he's all that.

I agree he sucks; but I think the Hack Rodgers uses every Tuesday is the worst

Bretsky
10-30-2022, 08:41 PM
Bulowski was ripping Rodgers for calling out mental errors, saying 12 isnt accountable.

To be fair a ton of both media people who cover GB as well as former players who, like John Kuhn, are members of the media have said similar things. Tauscher defends Rodgers like crazy, sometimes Tex like, but even he said some of what he's saying is not healthy. Add TJ Lang. Add Gary Ellerson, who is mostly homerlike, as noting Rodgers comments and then follow up comments are not healthy this way and should be aired behind closed doors.

Truth be told, we don't ever hear WR's call out Rodgers when he throws a shitty pass that is uncatchable, or overthrows an open WR who is deep and would score a touchdown with a good throw. But when somebody drops a pass a pass, he stops giving them targets even when they are open and then admits it publicly. How is that right ?

red
10-30-2022, 09:17 PM
To be fair a ton of both media people who cover GB as well as former players who, like John Kuhn, are members of the media have said similar things. Tauscher defends Rodgers like crazy, sometimes Tex like, but even he said some of what he's saying is not healthy. Add TJ Lang. Add Gary Ellerson, who is mostly homerlike, as noting Rodgers comments and then follow up comments are not healthy this way and should be aired behind closed doors.

Truth be told, we don't ever hear WR's call out Rodgers when he throws a shitty pass that is uncatchable, or overthrows an open WR who is deep and would score a touchdown with a good throw. But when somebody drops a pass a pass, he stops giving them targets even when they are open and then admits it publicly. How is that right ?

seems like he'd be a prick for a teammate

he'd win you games, but most of the team can't stand him

Jaire
10-30-2022, 10:27 PM
seems like he'd be a prick for a teammate

he'd win you games, but most of the team can't stand him

Said no one (except Jennings & Finley) who played with him. This is just not true.

Besides, the team played quite a bit better today...... though also you could really see where their deficiencies are (which I put mainly on Gute and coaching).

run pMc
11-01-2022, 02:59 PM
Rodgers is not, and should not be, above criticism. Especially given some of his play this year. He hasn't been very good, supporting cast notwithstanding. He's not playing well enough to carry the rest of the team as he did at times in the past.

That said, journalists can have opinions and readers/listeners/colleagues are free to disagree.
Personally I don't care for a lot of Bukowski's stuff and avoid it for that reason, but Kuhn's being kind of a jerk. Actually, they both are.

Don't care.

(To be fair, Bukowski's hardly the only one calling Rodgers out on the accountability and mistakes thing. When you can't even throw a catchable ball to the flat and are rarely making post-snap reads or your second read in your progression, you're open to criticism.)

Fritz
11-01-2022, 03:48 PM
Be funny if the camera showed a close up of a Packer wide receiver after Rodgers way overthrows or underthrows him on a deep route, and the receiver did the classic Aaron Rodgers eye roll. I'd pay to see that.

Jaire
11-01-2022, 04:13 PM
Be funny if the camera showed a close up of a Packer wide receiver after Rodgers way overthrows or underthrows him on a deep route, and the receiver did the classic Aaron Rodgers eye roll. I'd pay to see that.

hahaha

But the truth is AR can do whatever he wants. He has the upmost respect from his receivers. In fact, he has the most respect of any player around the league. Only critique I ever heard was from Finley and Jennings, and that needs a lotta lotta grains of salt. I've never heard Montana or Favre ever tip their hats to any other QB; others as well.

We are spoiled

Eidt: tip their hats, meaning they acknowledged AR was the better QB

Bretsky
11-01-2022, 07:21 PM
hahaha

But the truth is AR can do whatever he wants. He has the upmost respect from his receivers. In fact, he has the most respect of any player around the league. Only critique I ever heard was from Finley and Jennings, and that needs a lotta lotta grains of salt. I've never heard Montana or Favre ever tip their hats to any other QB; others as well.

We are spoiled

Truth be told, AROD can do whatever he wants as he took Gute by the balls and twisted him into submissio in the offseason, and I don't think MLF has much control over him either. I've listened to other teammates comment on Rodgers. They never rip him like Jennings and Finley, but I definitely don't hear anybody going to bat for his character or strategy with his comments either To me, I don't feel like he's a good teammate. He manipulates the jokester every Tuesday and says whatever he wants with passive aggressive criticism, and then he knowingly says he has an open door for anybody to chat when he knows nobody is going to confront what he says. Have you listened to Tauscher and TL Lang's critique of a lot of his comments ?

He's a great player but I think you give him too much credit.

bobblehead
11-01-2022, 09:08 PM
Said no one (except Jennings & Finley) who played with him. This is just not true.

Besides, the team played quite a bit better today...... though also you could really see where their deficiencies are (which I put mainly on Gute and coaching).

And Jennings sister. That chic HATED ARod. I wonder if he did her dirty somewhere along the line.

bobblehead
11-01-2022, 09:10 PM
hahaha

We are spoiled

I always thought Montana was the best ARod comp. Accurate, mobile, smart. But Joe was so cool under pressure. I haven't quite seen that level of calmness from anyone else ever.

Jaire
11-01-2022, 09:15 PM
I always thought Montana was the best ARod comp. Accurate, mobile, smart. But Joe was so cool under pressure. I haven't quite seen that level of calmness from anyone else ever.

Honestly, I didn't see enough of Montana. I started watching football at his tail end, so never got a good feel for him. He also had pretty amazing teams surround him. I've never seen a QB the last 30 years not get flustered at some point.

I doubt I saw Montana play more than four times. Just like this last week I had my first real look at Josh Allen.

Jaire
11-01-2022, 10:14 PM
Truth be told, AROD can do whatever he wants as he took Gute by the balls and twisted him into submissio in the offseason, and I don't think MLF has much control over him either. I've listened to other teammates comment on Rodgers. They never rip him like Jennings and Finley, but I definitely don't hear anybody going to bat for his character or strategy with his comments either To me, I don't feel like he's a good teammate. He manipulates the jokester every Tuesday and says whatever he wants with passive aggressive criticism, and then he knowingly says he has an open door for anybody to chat when he knows nobody is going to confront what he says. Have you listened to Tauscher and TL Lang's critique of a lot of his comments ?

He's a great player but I think you give him too much credit.

No. I haven't heard the critiques except once and they seem a bit mild. I've definitely heard former team mates give him the highest praise I've ever heard players give their QB.

Thing is, he's been around so many years: anyone of his caliber can say what they want and no one (on the team) will get pissed: and he tries to be measured and helpful. But, honestly, I don't think AR has said anything out of line. He's just more forthcoming than most NFL players, and does want the team to succeed -- he is the ultimate competitor, just a bit different. His own players back him, and he is the first to practice what he preaches. A lot of vets don't do OTA's, and I think that's overblown. He has the most insightful comments over the years as to where he thinks the team / players are. He does sometimes overpraise some guys, but not rookies really. McAfee show can be obnoxious and ridiculous fawning over AR, but I listen for where AR does give insight. I totally disagree that his comments are passive-aggressive. AR is passive aggressive, but I think that's toned down the last three years: I don't see it recently.

Jaire
11-01-2022, 11:07 PM
And I think Montana may be a tad mythologized. LIS I really only saw him in KC, and he had some bad play. I really started watching in 91. That sure was a different game back then. It's a lot easier to be "cool" when your RBs are getting 3000 yards a year and your defense is lights out. Of course he had a pretty stud WR/TE/RB combo late in his career. Not to mention the best coach of the era. I do remember this (and it might have been Phil SImms talking about it), I think Walsh had a lot to do with Montana'a success. He would have made a number of QBs look like GOATs. Not taking anything from Montana. He was definitely a great QB. BUT SO much depends on who's around you and who's your coach.

Game then was different. That 5 and 7 step drop back was different; hitting was different. I just rewatched highlights on the 96 SB. That GB team was pretty stacked too.

I see the similarity to AR though. It's pretty rare to see two great QBs similar like that. It was a bit slower, harder hitting game back then.

(Montana had some very ugly playoff outs with really good teams.)

run pMc
11-02-2022, 07:49 AM
I watched plenty of Montana. He was as good as advertised.

texaspackerbacker
11-02-2022, 09:52 AM
Montana was < Steve Young.

Jaire
11-02-2022, 02:01 PM
I watched plenty of Montana. He was as good as advertised.

I'm not saying he wasn't great. But he had a top five defense most the years he played. Only three times in his starting career was it not top 10. And great to amazing talent around him. AR never had many of the forgettable exits that Montana had. AR has carried a lot of water over the years. There's not a lot of separation between Montana and AR: not saying Montana wasn't Joe Cool, just it's my opinion that AR is colder than ice. Put AR on any Montana or Brady teams, I think he comes away with more bling. That said Brady is very different than Montana/Rodgers in his play. So, hard for me to comp T.B.

NewsBruin
11-02-2022, 02:29 PM
Jaire, what do you mean when you write "AR has carried a lot of water over the years."? Like he's borne the results for a front office that had Dementia or prioritized defensive standouts over offensive talent?

(Kind of the inverse of Manning's Indianapolis Colts, who put tons of resources into the offense and hoped the defense could make do)?

run pMc
11-02-2022, 02:32 PM
I'm not saying he wasn't great. But he had a top five defense most the years he played. Only three times in his starting career was it not top 10. And great to amazing talent around him. AR never had many of the forgettable exits that Montana had. AR has carried a lot of water over the years. There's not a lot of separation between Montana and AR: not saying Montana wasn't Joe Cool, just it's my opinion that AR is colder than ice. Put AR on any Montana or Brady teams, I think he comes away with more bling. That said Brady is very different than Montana/Rodgers in his play. So, hard for me to comp T.B.

So you're saying if Rodgers was being coached by Walsh or Belichick he'd have won more than one SB? I agree with that.
Rodgers won his SB with a top 5 defense occasionally bailing him out. He also had an accurate rocket arm, great scrambling ability, and a ton of weapons on offense. That was 12 years ago. He's had some bad playoff losses since then (most recently, last year's loss to SF).

Brady gets by with having the quickest mental processing in the game, he pulls the trigger so fast you can't hit him. He also had a mismatch stud with Gronk for a lot of those years.
Before Brady, Montana was the GOAT IMO, but I never saw Otto Graham play. Montana was so good at carving you up in Walsh's offense.

Steve Young was pretty good too, the game was changing then. I'd take Steve Young over Elway anyday.

Rodgers is still a good player, but he's not above criticism from me, you, Kuhn or Bukowski. A thread about where Rodgers belongs in the pantheon of QBs is likely best saved until he retires. He might have one more SB run in him (you never know).

Jaire
11-02-2022, 04:33 PM
Yeah. I can't agree. AR led the 2010 team. That defense played very well, but Eric Walden/Frank Zombo? top five? Close. It was his best defense in 15 years: I'll definitely give you that. And only one of two to compare with Montana's "norm". Not close. Craig, Owens, Stokes, Rice, Dwight Clark, etc. etc. It's not really a discussion. It's easy to carve up other teams with that talent in that system. AR has done it with lots less. So, I just can't be impressed. This taints Brady's career as well, just as Marino was decades ago the-what-could-have-been.

The 1987 Niners loss and several before that: all top five defenses. How many top 1? Montana gets no criticism and had an all time all star cast and team. Lot of QBs thrive there. I honestly don't remember a bad performance by AR in the playoffs: it was good or great, given the circumstances. The Goat of all time got crushed two years in a row by the Giants. I missed him. This is just my opinion, but I have AR a head above Montana and Steve Young (who I did get to see). Elway was always overrated: and I saw plenty of him.

And that's gotta be a typo. AR "bailed out" by the defense. Which road game did he fail in that playoffs. He was 9tds 2ints. The AR hate has reached absurd levels: it's clear there is one standard for AR and a completely nother one for every other QB. Joe Cool suffered one of the worst defeats in playoff history, but it was not his fault? He had as many int's that game as AR in the four postseason games in 2010. He was too good to be bailed out? Was it his number one defense that failed him? Jerry Rice? Roger Craig? Who prevented Montana with one of the best start casts in the history of the game to fail? Not to mention Young outshining him when he went down.

I just take it as some golden boy idol worship of years long ago, without perspective and a bit of green eyed myopic shortsightedness.

edit: No. I said AR would have had MORE bling than Joe or Brady.

Bretsky
11-02-2022, 07:51 PM
Aaron Rodgers play in some of these playoff games failed us. He played great in the Super Bowl though.

RashanGary
11-03-2022, 10:06 PM
Now packer fans are calling Christian Watson soft and made of glass to his mom and dad on Twitter. Fucking idiots.

Anti-Polar Bear
11-03-2022, 11:22 PM
Now packer fans are calling Christian Watson soft and made of glass to his mom and dad on Twitter. Fucking idiots.

I do not tweet, but, until he proves otherwise, Watson is indeed soft and apparently made of glass. In fact, Watson is softer than a gay guy in a brothel fulfill of women. He is more fragile than a carton of eggs.

At least they ain’t tweeting death threats. Football is an insignificant game in the grand scale of fucks. Death threats at players are stupid.

Fritz
11-03-2022, 11:22 PM

I"d have to agree with you here. I don't think Steve Young got the credit he deserved.

Joemailman
11-03-2022, 11:33 PM
Yeah. I can't agree. AR led the 2010 team. That defense played very well, but Eric Walden/Frank Zombo? top five? Close. It was his best defense in 15 years: I'll definitely give you that. And only one of two to compare with Montana's "norm". Not close. Craig, Owens, Stokes, Rice, Dwight Clark, etc. etc. It's not really a discussion. It's easy to carve up other teams with that talent in that system. AR has done it with lots less. So, I just can't be impressed. This taints Brady's career as well, just as Marino was decades ago the-what-could-have-been.

The 1987 Niners loss and several before that: all top five defenses. How many top 1? Montana gets no criticism and had an all time all star cast and team. Lot of QBs thrive there. I honestly don't remember a bad performance by AR in the playoffs: it was good or great, given the circumstances. The Goat of all time got crushed two years in a row by the Giants. I missed him. This is just my opinion, but I have AR a head above Montana and Steve Young (who I did get to see). Elway was always overrated: and I saw plenty of him.

And that's gotta be a typo. AR "bailed out" by the defense. Which road game did he fail in that playoffs. He was 9tds 2ints. The AR hate has reached absurd levels: it's clear there is one standard for AR and a completely nother one for every other QB. Joe Cool suffered one of the worst defeats in playoff history, but it was not his fault? He had as many int's that game as AR in the four postseason games in 2010. He was too good to be bailed out? Was it his number one defense that failed him? Jerry Rice? Roger Craig? Who prevented Montana with one of the best start casts in the history of the game to fail? Not to mention Young outshining him when he went down.

I just take it as some golden boy idol worship of years long ago, without perspective and a bit of green eyed myopic shortsightedness.

He was certainly bailed out by the defense in the NFC Title game vs the Bears. Rodgers had 2 INT's and a passer rating of 55.4. He was also bailed out by the defense in the last game of the regular season vs the Bears which the Packers needed just to make the playoffs. Rodgers wasn't terrible, but the offense only produced 10 points in a 10-3 win.

Freak Out
11-04-2022, 01:49 PM
Montana was a very good QB. Sure the 49ers had a solid D and great coaching but he was the difference on many occasions. Way different game then as well.

run pMc
11-04-2022, 02:39 PM

Players may be injury prone, but I will not call a pro football player soft.
Those are grown dudes running into each other repeatedly at full speed on a weekly basis, often enduring horrible injuries without really allowing their bodies to fully recover.
Some of the injuries these guys return from would reduce a normal person's ability to fully function. I have a friend who blew out his Achilles five years ago and he'll never be right.

I get that these guys get great medical care and are genetic freaks but it's a brutal sport.

Turning on Watson and going after his family is tasteless and just shows how awful some people are.

That said, I heard Watson has had 2 knee procedures in college, plus another this year to go with 2 hamstring injuries and concussion. It's basically wrecked this season for him and I hope he recovers and learns to stay healthy. Gute traded away two R2 picks for him and they are counting on him long-term.
I do wonder if he will be able to stay healthy, and what his legs will be like at age 28.

Anti-Polar Bear
11-04-2022, 08:21 PM
Players may be injury prone, but I will not call a pro football player soft.
Those are grown dudes running into each other repeatedly at full speed on a weekly basis, often enduring horrible injuries without really allowing their bodies to fully recover.
Some of the injuries these guys return from would reduce a normal person's ability to fully function. I have a friend who blew out his Achilles five years ago and he'll never be right.

I get that these guys get great medical care and are genetic freaks but it's a brutal sport.

Turning on Watson and going after his family is tasteless and just shows how awful some people are.

That said, I heard Watson has had 2 knee procedures in college, plus another this year to go with 2 hamstring injuries and concussion. It's basically wrecked this season for him and I hope he recovers and learns to stay healthy. Gute traded away two R2 picks for him and they are counting on him long-term.
I do wonder if he will be able to stay healthy, and what his legs will be like at age 28.

The person laboring on her feet for 10 hours a day, 4 days a week on a bad back and a bad hip out of self-preservation - all for the fucking minimum-wage - defines the person whose body isn’t being allowed to fully recover.

Watson gets an all-expense paid knee surgery; gets as much time off as he needed. Pulls a hammy in practice; gets as much time off as he needed while being paid sumptuous sums. Plays in a 3 hours game where he’s standing idly on the sidelines 85% of the time, hits his head; gets as much time off as he needed. All with all-expense paid, top-notch medical care.

Dude, someone should check to see if Watson has balls. Cos, until he proves otherwise, Watson is the definition of a fucking milksop.

texaspackerbacker
11-04-2022, 08:24 PM
hahahaha Is your pronoun "her" now?

Anti-Polar Bear
11-05-2022, 02:58 AM
hahahaha Is your pronoun "her" now?

See Onion Thread in FYI.

bobblehead
11-05-2022, 11:44 PM

2 very different QBs. I think both were great for different reasons. Montana made the playoffs and I think an AFCC game with the chiefs well after his sell by date. Yes, he played under a great coach and had very good defenses and talent around him....seems that all QBs that go down as great do. Rodgers only Owl was with the #2 defense in the league. Of the last like 20 Owl winners every defense was top 5 but one I think.

bobblehead
11-05-2022, 11:49 PM

You must have missed his stellar performance the very game before we won the Owl against the Chicago Bears. By Rodgers own admission his best play of the game was a tackle after he nearly threw a pick 6 that would have cost us the one Owl he achieved.

bobblehead
11-05-2022, 11:50 PM
He was certainly bailed out by the defense in the NFC Title game vs the Bears. Rodgers had 2 INT's and a passer rating of 55.4. He was also bailed out by the defense in the last game of the regular season vs the Bears which the Packers needed just to make the playoffs. Rodgers wasn't terrible, but the offense only produced 10 points in a 10-3 win.

Stop with your facts and logic....we won't have that here!!

Bretsky
11-06-2022, 06:04 AM
Stop with your facts and logic....we won't have that here!!

I'm not bowing to Rodgers anymore; he's made plenty of f'ck ups in the playoffs lately and this year he's been part of the problem. Add in a contract that was great for Sharon, and not necessarily great for the Packers, as well as how his waffling and drama helped lead to Devante leaving, to me it's clear that probably should have traded his ass. I was very on the fence on this one; but when all the reports came out at what Denver was offering I was conservatively game. I'm done with his passive agressive interviews with his tool (which honestly his I'm smarter than you interviews helps nobody) and to be honest every since he became our Assistant GB so far it's been a lot of bad.