PDA

View Full Version : More Banjo - Packers vs Lions

Joemailman
11-06-2022, 03:23 PM
Rodgers 291 passing yards - 1 TD, 3 INT, 53.5 passer rating

Dillon and Jones combined for 59 rushing yards on 20 carries.

Packers with 8 penalties for 81 yards

Red zone offense a disaster.

Packers found a way to lose despite a pretty good defensive effort.

oldbutnotdeadyet
11-06-2022, 03:25 PM
Bad teams always find a way to lose..or something like that..

beveaux1
11-06-2022, 03:26 PM
Rodgers 291 passing yards - 1 TD, 3 INT, 53.5 passer rating

Dillon and Jones combined for 59 rushing yards on 20 carries.

Packers with 8 penalties for 81 yards

Red zone offense a disaster.

Packers found a way to lose despite a pretty good defensive effort.

Really hard to win scoring 9 points.

Teamcheez1
11-06-2022, 03:36 PM
Really hard to win scoring 9 points.

You wil lose between 95-99% of your games scoring just 9 points.

Joemailman
11-06-2022, 03:54 PM
https://www.thatsclevelandbaby.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/Well-That-Sucked.jpg

RashanGary
11-06-2022, 03:56 PM
:lol:

We might not just have one bad year. It might be two or three.

Fritz
11-06-2022, 04:27 PM
I know you all have been waiting for my incisive, in-depth analysis.

So here you go:

https://wayoffside.files.wordpress.com/2007/11/poo-bed.jpg

red
11-06-2022, 04:32 PM
second or third week in a row that little matty didn't have any answers after the game and said "it is what it is"

he has no fucking clue

Fosco33
11-06-2022, 04:32 PM
6 near red zone trips.

3 INTs, 1 TD, 1 FG and 1 overturn on downs.

If we play them 10 times we win that 8 times.

3 INTs and a 4th down miss

red
11-06-2022, 04:33 PM
:lol:

We might not just have one bad year. It might be two or three.

years or decades?

Fritz
11-06-2022, 04:35 PM
second or third week in a row that little matty didn't have any answers after the game and said "it is what it is"

he has no fucking clue

WTF does that even mean? It is what it is that your offense is a disaster nine games in? That your defense filled with first-round picks has underperformed most of the year? That your ST still is now mediocre instead of horrible?

Fosco33
11-06-2022, 04:39 PM
We’ve lost to them 9 times since 2013. I’m not shocked we lost.

King Friday
11-06-2022, 06:29 PM

he has no fucking clue

Won the most games of ANY head coach in his first 3 years.

May not last more than 5 years before getting canned. He’s going to have to pull a rabbit out of a hat to stay in Green Bay long term the way this is heading.

Joemailman
11-06-2022, 07:49 PM
In case you're wondering...this is the 1st time Packers have lost 5 straight since 2008.

call_me_ishmael
11-06-2022, 07:59 PM

Wow, kind of shocking tbh. That's basically batting 500 against them the past 10 years.

call_me_ishmael
11-06-2022, 08:00 PM
So what's the deal? Is it just Rodgers, or is the OL, or the receivers, or what? Kinda seems like the MVP should be good enough to make something happen.

bobblehead
11-06-2022, 08:12 PM
I'm not shocked we lost. I'm very unhappy we can't put points on the board against the 32nd ranked defense.

bobblehead
11-06-2022, 08:15 PM
So what's the deal? Is it just Rodgers, or is the OL, or the receivers, or what? Kinda seems like the MVP should be good enough to make something happen.

My 2 cents. Rodgers head is somewhere besides football. He could still excel with enough talent around him, but 2 weeks running we have lost a starting WR almost instantly. 2 weeks in a row our OL was shuffled and guys on and off the field. It's a big combination of things as usual. Its rarely ONE thing.

red
11-06-2022, 09:12 PM
I'm not shocked we lost. I'm very unhappy we can't put points on the board against the 32nd ranked defense.

they were talking before the game about how the NFL sends ranking out for 12 defensive categories, and the lions were last in 6 of those 12. the highest they were in the other 6 was 25th or 26th

this wasn't the bills d we played against

this was a really really bad defense we played today, and we made them look pretty damn good by scoring just 9 fucking points

Rutnstrut
11-06-2022, 10:58 PM
Rodgers is a lot of the problem. He has been worse than mediocre all season.

MadScientist
11-06-2022, 11:52 PM
Rodgers was bad today, and hasn't been good all season.
The pass blocking was not the problem today, but the run blocking was terrible. Against fucking Detroit who can't stop the run.
The receiving corpse was a bunch of stiffs again. Running wrong routes, not getting open and not catching the ball.
The game plan was basically "Here Rodgers, have the ball and see if you can be Detroit". He couldn't.

You'd be hard pressed to find a worse offense in this league.

King Friday
11-07-2022, 07:40 AM
I think the McVay offense is getting figured out by the league. The Rams are a dumpster fire on offense this year as well, with way more talent to work with.

Fritz
11-07-2022, 08:17 AM
Yeah, the pass pro was just fine yesterday. Rodgers generally had time, but the rest of it - the run blocking, the receivers - was a dumpster fire, a clownshow, a pants-pissing mess.

MLF is not looking like a guy who knows how to make adjustments right now.

Not looking good, this offense. I've been down on the defense, but if you can't score sixteen points against a Lions defense that has allowed, I think, no fewer than 24 points in a game so far, well, it ain't your defense that was the problem Sunday.

call_me_ishmael
11-07-2022, 09:13 AM
https://twitter.com/BenFennell_NFL/status/1589630009966489600

Sammy Watkins has played 110+ snaps the last 2 weeks... Watch him on every snap. He is so cooked - I don't think you can play him anymore.

Amari Rodgers has played 47 snaps the last 2 weeks - about 40 too many. He ain't it.

Time to just move on from Sam I am. It isn't working. Why is 9 not getting 10 balls thrown his way every game?

Joemailman
11-07-2022, 09:28 AM
https://twitter.com/BenFennell_NFL/status/1589630009966489600

Time to just move on from Sam I am. It isn't working. Why is 9 not getting 10 balls thrown his way every game?

Because unfortunately he can't stay on the field. Packers obviously wanted to get him involved in the offense yesterday. He had 2 receptions in the 17 snaps he played before he was knocked out of the game. I don't buy what some people are saying, which is that he's soft. I think he's just been unlucky. Davante Adams had a year like this where he kept taking some really tough hits and got knocked out of a couple games. Hope his luck turns around.

bobblehead
11-07-2022, 10:24 AM
Rodgers was bad today, and hasn't been good all season.
The pass blocking was not the problem today, but the run blocking was terrible. Against fucking Detroit who can't stop the run.
The receiving corpse was a bunch of stiffs again. Running wrong routes, not getting open and not catching the ball.
The game plan was basically "Here Rodgers, have the ball and see if you can be Detroit". He couldn't.

You'd be hard pressed to find a worse offense in this league.

Just curious about the running wrong routes. Did you read that somewhere? Are you guessing? Do you know what routes they should be running?

Other than Sammy breaking in, when even pop warner players know to fade to the sideline I can't say if anyone was running wrong routes. Before the year Rodgers was pimpin sammy. Wonder how he feels right about now?

bobblehead
11-07-2022, 10:26 AM
I think the McVay offense is getting figured out by the league. The Rams are a dumpster fire on offense this year as well, with way more talent to work with.

Certainly a mountain of tape makes a difference (its the shannahan offense, not the McVay offense). However they have run this O since the packers lost to the broncos in the Owl and if you have the horses, it works.

bobblehead
11-07-2022, 10:29 AM
Yeah, the pass pro was just fine yesterday. Rodgers generally had time, but the rest of it - the run blocking, the receivers - was a dumpster fire, a clownshow, a pants-pissing mess.

MLF is not looking like a guy who knows how to make adjustments right now.

Not looking good, this offense. I've been down on the defense, but if you can't score sixteen points against a Lions defense that has allowed, I think, no fewer than 24 points in a game so far, well, it ain't your defense that was the problem Sunday.

Strange how fat mike looked like the guy who was old and stale. Then the MiLF offense wasn't quite up to snuff...until we drafted Love and put a giant chip on someones shoulder. Then it was historic for 2 years....now MiLF is stale and old. Somehow I think this offense would look better with the Love machine running it. Not like the last 2 years to be sure, but better than it looks now.

How many RPOs has rodgers thrown that stupic fucking WR screen on that didn't work? There is a place for it, but I highly doubt its nearly as often as we do it.

Sparkey
11-07-2022, 10:39 AM
Strange how fat mike looked like the guy who was old and stale. Then the MiLF offense wasn't quite up to snuff...until we drafted Love and put a giant chip on someones shoulder. Then it was historic for 2 years....now MiLF is stale and old. Somehow I think this offense would look better with the Love machine running it. Not like the last 2 years to be sure, but better than it looks now.

How many RPOs has rodgers thrown that stupic fucking WR screen on that didn't work? There is a place for it, but I highly doubt its nearly as often as we do it.

I'd note that each year of the MLF/Rodgers tandem, the offense looks more and more like the stale/motionless offense that Fat Mike supposedly ran. More and more I am believing that the stale offense is what Rodgers wants. I think MLF alluded to this when he said, "it is what it is" in regards to the offense. They gave Rodgers too much power over the offense and now it would be impossible to reign him in without pissing him off. At this point, the playoffs are gone. Best would be to put AR on IR with the thumb, let Love get some reps and see what he is. If Love sucks, you have a nice set of high draft picks to help add some players.

King Friday
11-07-2022, 11:07 AM
Certainly a mountain of tape makes a difference (its the shannahan offense, not the McVay offense). However they have run this O since the packers lost to the broncos in the Owl and if you have the horses, it works.

These offenses have little left with respect to Shanahan. I remember Terrell Davis touching the ball 20-25 times a game with impunity in Shanahan Srs offense. Neither the Rams or Packers show any desire to truly embrace the run game, or their RBs.

Joemailman
11-07-2022, 06:41 PM
Strange stat from Sunday: Packers scored only 9 points but punted only once.

bobblehead
11-07-2022, 09:12 PM
These offenses have little left with respect to Shanahan. I remember Terrell Davis touching the ball 20-25 times a game with impunity in Shanahan Srs offense. Neither the Rams or Packers show any desire to truly embrace the run game, or their RBs.

The run fits and the route concepts are all the same even if the play calling doesn't always resemble it.

Joemailman
11-08-2022, 05:40 PM
Worst red zone offense ever?

Andy Herman

Nov 6
1st & goal - Lions 5 yard line - 0 points
1st & goal - Lions 1 yard line - 0 points
1st & 10 - Lions 23 yard line - 0 points
1st & 10 - Lions 14 yard line - 3 points
1st & 10 - Lions 17 yard line - 0 points

Packers lost by 6.

Fritz
11-08-2022, 05:46 PM

I gots to agree with you here. Hundo P, as the kids said two years ago.

MadScientist
11-09-2022, 10:15 PM
Kurt Warner analyzes the clusterfuck Detroit game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0z24xipRE_I

In summary, Rodgers did miss several opportunities for big plays down the middle.
A lot of the problems were receivers running the wrong routes, or running them poorly (wrong leverage, bad angles, etc.)
Watkins was absolutely terrible, not just on the goal line.

Either the Packers have the dumbest receivers in the league, or the coach is failing. It's the same coach as the previous two years, but he was promoted to WR coach / passing game coordinator. So he may be overwhelmed by the new duties, or he always sucked, but Adams covered for his flaws.