PDA

View Full Version : Gary out with ACL tear

King Friday
11-07-2022, 07:50 AM
When it rains, it pours.

Time to embrace the tank and try to find a third HOF QB in a row.

Joemailman
11-07-2022, 07:58 AM
An ACL this late means Gary likely won't be ready for the start of next season.

Not sure they have to embrace the tank. They've lost 5 in a row. Season is already going that way. They won't sit down Rodgers at least until they're mathematically eliminated from the playoffs. But if they did, would they be worse than they are right now?

jklowan
11-07-2022, 08:09 AM
"They won't sit down Rodgers at least until they're mathematically eliminated from the playoffs. But if they did, would they be worse than they are right now?"

This take is so dumb, Rodgers almost single handily won that game yesterday (those 2 runs are not a sign of a player giving up). With the receivers we currently have and how terrible the O line is playing LOVE will get ruined playing behind them. I guess we need to just embrace the tank. Maybe our pick is high enough that we can trade down for multiple picks to address the growing number of holes we have OT, S, WR, TE and LB. Hopefully the 1st correction happens soon and Barry gets shown the door.

Fritz
11-07-2022, 08:14 AM
Rodgers almost single-handedly won that game yesterday? What game were you watching? Surely not the one where he threw three picks - all underthrown, and missed a few receivers along the way.

Joemailman
11-07-2022, 08:14 AM
"They won't sit down Rodgers at least until they're mathematically eliminated from the playoffs. But if they did, would they be worse than they are right now?"

This take is so dumb, Rodgers almost single handily won that game yesterday (those 2 runs are not a sign of a player giving up). With the receivers we currently have and how terrible the O line is playing LOVE will get ruined playing behind them. I guess we need to just embrace the tank. Maybe our pick is high enough that we can trade down for multiple picks to address the growing number of holes we have OT, S, WR, TE and LB. Hopefully the 1st correction happens soon and Barry gets shown the door.

Rodgers was terrible yesterday and he admitted it. I agree he hasn't given up. He's just not very good right now. A lot of QB's would have produced more than 9 pints against the Lions defense.

jklowan
11-07-2022, 08:34 AM
I guess my point is he in not the problem, he put up 300 yds for the 1st time this season I think and he had close to 50 yds rushing, no QB is putting up more points with our wr's, just not happening. Yes he had 3 int's, I think 2 were on deflections, not really his fault. 2 mistakes The throw to 69 was way short and probably shouldn't have been thrown, the other was the back corner fade to Watkins where he cut inside instead of outside. I did not really see anything else that another QB would have done better, and let's not overlook all of the scrambling he did to buy extra time.

jklowan
11-07-2022, 08:37 AM
If we are going to complain about 12, he seems to have a unwillingness to be patience and take what the defense is giving him and wants the big chunk plays, we do not have the horses for that right now. This seems to be the undoing of many drives

call_me_ishmael
11-07-2022, 09:06 AM
I guess I just personally believe that the Packers should be able to scheme enough players open to score a lot more points. The offense is so blah. Rodgers missed several throws IMO.

jklowan
11-07-2022, 09:12 AM
But is it Rodgers missing them or are they running wrong routes, I'm gonna go with the wr running wrong routes as we have 15 years of film telling us Rodgers is not the problem.

jklowan
11-07-2022, 09:14 AM
I hear all this talk of scheming guys open and wonder what games you all are watching. Greenbay has no deep threats and the O line cannot block for running the rock, teams only really need to shut down the middle. Not sure how you scheme to fix that.

jklowan
11-07-2022, 09:14 AM
Bigger question is of the 8 players hurt yesterday how many suit up this weekend

bobblehead
11-07-2022, 10:35 AM

Not sure they have to embrace the tank. They've lost 5 in a row. Season is already going that way. They won't sit down Rodgers at least until they're mathematically eliminated from the playoffs. But if they did, would they be worse than they are right now?

I think for the good of the franchise you start Love next week. Sell it as Rodgers thumb needs a rest. Behind the scenes tell Rodgers you're hoping he can show enough to have trade value. Find out if he can be the answer. This season is over as far as playoffs go.

Agree, embrace the tank. Get a top 10 pick (in each round). If Love isn't the man, move on. If he is use those picks to revamp the cap and prepare for the future. If Rodgers wants ot play another season, no problem. Love can wait, or if Rodgers wants a trade embrace it. Getting OUT of cap hell and back to the norm is a 2 year process at this point. Start it now, with good picks. Find out about Love. And again, if Rodgers wants another year you let him play it out. It really won't affect the 2 year plan that much.

bobblehead
11-07-2022, 10:36 AM

Rodgers wasn't into the game until the 2nd half. He looks like a guy going through the motions with moments of motivation. If he had almost single handedly won the game we could have actually scored on the worst defense in the league.

bobblehead
11-07-2022, 10:38 AM
I guess my point is he in not the problem, he put up 300 yds for the 1st time this season I think and he had close to 50 yds rushing, no QB is putting up more points with our wr's, just not happening. Yes he had 3 int's, I think 2 were on deflections, not really his fault. 2 mistakes The throw to 69 was way short and probably shouldn't have been thrown, the other was the back corner fade to Watkins where he cut inside instead of outside. I did not really see anything else that another QB would have done better, and let's not overlook all of the scrambling he did to buy extra time.

Ok, you love Rodgers. We get it. But if he throws the ball into a guys facemask, that is on him. End of debate. 300 yards with 3 picks and some rushing yards? Sounds a lot like Winston of the Saints to me.

jklowan
11-07-2022, 10:59 AM
I would not say I love Arod but he is the starter and I just do not see another QB doing much better on this team. And even id AROD hits our wr in the facemask they usually drop it :)

oldbutnotdeadyet
11-07-2022, 11:17 AM
Rodgers was terrible yesterday and he admitted it. I agree he hasn't given up. He's just not very good right now. A lot of QB's would have produced more than 9 pints against the Lions defense.

9 pints? That is how much I drank watching him yesterday..

red
11-07-2022, 11:54 AM
I'm guessing stokes is lost for the year too, seeings how they wouldn't show the replay of his injury because it looked so nasty

oldbutnotdeadyet
11-07-2022, 12:10 PM
I think for the good of the franchise you start Love next week. Sell it as Rodgers thumb needs a rest. Behind the scenes tell Rodgers you're hoping he can show enough to have trade value. Find out if he can be the answer. This season is over as far as playoffs go.

Agree, embrace the tank. Get a top 10 pick (in each round). If Love isn't the man, move on. If he is use those picks to revamp the cap and prepare for the future. If Rodgers wants ot play another season, no problem. Love can wait, or if Rodgers wants a trade embrace it. Getting OUT of cap hell and back to the norm is a 2 year process at this point. Start it now, with good picks. Find out about Love. And again, if Rodgers wants another year you let him play it out. It really won't affect the 2 year plan that much.

Tell Rodgers to show enough to have trade value? Seriously?

jklowan
11-07-2022, 12:41 PM
NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports that Packers WR Romeo Doubs was diagnosed with a high ankle sprain.
Rapoport notes that the injury typically has a 4-6 week time frame but that further tests will be needed to dial in Doubs' injury absence. The rookie was injured on the first play against the Lions and he represents a meaningful loss for the Packers, who are struggling badly to find reliable targets for Aaron Rodgers. With the fantasy playoffs approaching, fantasy managers on the bubble can justifiably drop Doubs. However, it's possible he returns at the end of the season. Then again, if the Packers don't start winning games they could decide to shut the promising rookie down for the season.

Tony Oday
11-07-2022, 12:41 PM
Id give AR, Bahk and Jenkins the year off and say get ready to go all in next year.

jklowan
11-07-2022, 12:47 PM
for what it's worth I think my take is this

1. Shitty receivers (should have addressed this via FA, there were answers available but instead we went with Watkins because of the cost, we got what we paid for)
2. O-line health, just bad luck I guess, no way to predict this other than both Tackles were injured coming into the season
3. Defensive players not playing up to contracts/Status
4. Terrible Defensive Game plans and failure to adjust during the games (Barry gotta go)

beveaux1
11-07-2022, 12:58 PM

1. Shitty receivers (should have addressed this via FA, there were answers available but instead we went with Watkins because of the cost, we got what we paid for)
2. O-line health, just bad luck I guess, no way to predict this other than both Tackles were injured coming into the season
4. Terrible Defensive Game plans and failure to adjust during the games (Barry gotta go)

And a precipitous decline by the league MVP, probably age related, again not nearly playing up to his contract. Nobody beats Father Time.

jklowan
11-07-2022, 01:19 PM
"And a precipitous decline by the league MVP, probably age related, again not nearly playing up to his contract. Nobody beats Father Time. "

Hard to argue against that at 50 million a year :) but everyone putting this at AROD feet seems lazy, my eyes tell me that he is not playing different but he has less time in the pocket and receivers running wrong routes, this is a BIG handicap and yes at his salary he should be better. Watching the game yesterday he tried to put this team on his back and he almost did win it, but he has a lot of mistakes to make up for and I am not sure 1 player can fix this mess. I am willing to give him another year, hopefully the Packers add talent at WR or TE to help out in the off season.

oldbutnotdeadyet
11-07-2022, 01:34 PM
"And a precipitous decline by the league MVP, probably age related, again not nearly playing up to his contract. Nobody beats Father Time. "

Hard to argue against that at 50 million a year :) but everyone putting this at AROD feet seems lazy, my eyes tell me that he is not playing different but he has less time in the pocket and receivers running wrong routes, this is a BIG handicap and yes at his salary he should be better. Watching the game yesterday he tried to put this team on his back and he almost did win it, but he has a lot of mistakes to make up for and I am not sure 1 player can fix this mess. I am willing to give him another year, hopefully the Packers add talent at WR or TE to help out in the off season.

50 million a year or not, I would expect him NOT to miss receivers as much as he has been..

run pMc
11-07-2022, 03:18 PM
The Bahktiari play was a dumb call and horrible throw. Across the field, across his body, off his back foot. You expect better from a 2time consec MVP making $50M. Why do a trick play there? IT'S THE LIONS, NOT THE 85 BEARS. Watch that play -- Jones was open in the flat with momentum to get to the pylon if Rodgers gets a good throw to him immediately. There's also a good chance the WRs in crossers get open.

There was also the pick where he threw into double coverage to Tonyan even though he had other options. Bad idea. Quit trying to win an ESPY and check your other reads.

The facemask one I'm willing to call bad luck, but that was an RPO (you can tell, the OL was run blocking) and if he hands off to Dillon he gets in -- the line had good push and there was a gap.

Bad post-snap reads, and then locking onto his first receiver read. Bad fundamentals. Bad throws. The offense hung 9 points on the worst defense in the league because they kept turning the ball over.
Jared Goff and Rodgers have almost identical stats at this point. Would you ever consider them in the similar tier of QBs?

You can put some of it on the OL or the WR. But there's been a lot of poor reads and throws by Rodgers this year and it's concerning. QB gets a lot of the credit and also the blame.

(There's also coaching issues, but that's another story.)

run pMc
11-07-2022, 03:20 PM

10 months probably has him on the PUP to start the season, or just in the 3 week practice window. Tough break for Gary and the team.

Fritz
11-07-2022, 04:34 PM

Nope. He underthrew an open Toure who was in the end zone. And he threw it slightly behind Tonyan who had a narrow window if Rodgers had put it on the money. So no. Oh, and his left tackle was open on that other pick, but Rodgers didn't give it any loft and threw it to the Detroit defender, so no again.

Bretsky
11-07-2022, 05:30 PM
But is it Rodgers missing them or are they running wrong routes, I'm gonna go with the wr running wrong routes as we have 15 years of film telling us Rodgers is not the problem.

Rodgers had some terrible throws yesterday to players that were open. He's just not accurate lately

Bretsky
11-07-2022, 05:31 PM
I hear all this talk of scheming guys open and wonder what games you all are watching. Greenbay has no deep threats and the O line cannot block for running the rock, teams only really need to shut down the middle. Not sure how you scheme to fix that.

maybe you watch the Titans and take some good notes

Bretsky
11-07-2022, 05:33 PM

I'm not sure where it rates in the 5, but I'd add decreasing accuracy and a marginal at best leader at QB to the list

Freak Out
11-07-2022, 09:11 PM
Why the fuck are they still allowing artificial turf in any NFL stadium? It destroys so many careers. Oh and Arod stinks right now..along with the OL and offensive play-calling. He missed some absolute no brainer wide open receivers yesterday. WTF is savage even doing out there? I saw a replay of an interception return and he's running backwards down the field for fucks sake, So much fuckery.

call_me_ishmael
11-07-2022, 09:58 PM
LOL at the running backwards Savage play. That is a classic.

Joemailman
11-07-2022, 10:13 PM
When that play happened, I was surprised Alexander didn't get further because it looked like there were more blockers than tacklers. What Savage did was like watching JK Scott avoid making a tackle on a punt return.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/FJ00PVUXdC4

red
11-07-2022, 10:22 PM
When that play happened, I was surprised Alexander didn't get further because it looked like there were more blockers than tacklers. What Savage did was like watching JK Scott avoid making a tackle on a punt return.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/FJ00PVUXdC4

OMG i didn't see that live

what in the actual fuck?

i said at the time that alexander needed to score there. if savage was running the right way, he might have

Joemailman
11-07-2022, 10:32 PM
OMG i didn't see that live

what in the actual fuck?

i said at the time that alexander needed to score there. if savage was running the right way, he might have

If Savage takes out #58, which he was in perfect position to do, Alexander might have been able to cut back inside and avoid getting pushed out of bounds.

Freak Out
11-08-2022, 12:12 AM
Block someone for fucks sake.

Sparkey
11-08-2022, 08:46 AM
Block someone for fucks sake.

He blocks like he tackles' .....

jklowan
11-08-2022, 08:47 AM
"I'm not sure where it rates in the 5, but I'd add decreasing accuracy"

Not sure how you determine weather it's accuracy or wrong routes, you apparently feel your right so I guess there is that. I see receivers running into each other or two running routes that are in the same location.

Fritz
11-08-2022, 05:42 PM
Darnell Savage sucks. Shitty pick, Guter. He’s the Antuan/Antwan Edwards of this team.

Bretsky
11-08-2022, 08:11 PM
"I'm not sure where it rates in the 5, but I'd add decreasing accuracy"

Not sure how you determine weather it's accuracy or wrong routes, you apparently feel your right so I guess there is that. I see receivers running into each other or two running routes that are in the same location.

when somebody is very open and you make a bad throw; I'd attribute that to accuracy. It seems like everybody in here sees it as well

King Friday
11-09-2022, 05:20 AM
when somebody is very open and you make a bad throw; I'd attribute that to accuracy. It seems like everybody in here sees it as well

+100

I’m sure Bahk didn’t run the wrong route, unless you think OL players are given the option from a route tree based on the coverage.

Joemailman
11-09-2022, 06:51 AM
If Lazard had run the right route, he would have been in position to catch the pass Rodgers bounced off the guy's helmet.

run pMc
11-09-2022, 01:51 PM
If Lazard had run the right route, he would have been in position to catch the pass Rodgers bounced off the guy's helmet.

yeah, stupid Lazard not playing the ricochet the way Rodgers trusted him to.

run pMc
11-09-2022, 01:54 PM
+100

I’m sure Bahk didn’t run the wrong route, unless you think OL players are given the option from a route tree based on the coverage.

I'm curious WHY you would throw to your LT who can't even play the whole game and has had like 3-4 knee surgeries in 2 years?
Yeah yeah he was open and it was an atrocious throw, but you have to wonder who is running that offense and thinking that's smart football. If you have to resort to risky trick plays on 4th down to score maybe you should just kick the FG and take the points.

King Friday
11-09-2022, 03:34 PM
You clearly haven’t been watching Packers games lately. The reason they are running trick plays to score is because they haven’t been putting any points on the board the normal way for over a month.

And a big reason for that is the godawful play from Rodgers. He’s been inaccurate, impatient and anything but an MVP this season. I get that the situation isn’t ideal, but he’s been playing like he doesn’t want to be playing. No one is going to give you a pass when you are mailing it in.

Anti-Polar Bear
11-09-2022, 04:34 PM
Dbl Post Malone.

Anti-Polar Bear
11-09-2022, 04:34 PM
+100

What kind a fucking bookie are you? +100 for the Iranian Stallion scoring a touchdown? I can get better odds from crooked Italian mobsters.

red
11-09-2022, 06:33 PM
i had to do some digging on stokes, but he is in a walking boot and crutches, and little matty said they should know by the end of the week if he will miss the rest of the season or not

i'm guessing they're waiting on a second opinion because they didn't like the news from the first one

run pMc
11-10-2022, 04:30 PM
You clearly haven’t been watching Packers games lately. The reason they are running trick plays to score is because they haven’t been putting any points on the board the normal way for over a month.

And a big reason for that is the godawful play from Rodgers. He’s been inaccurate, impatient and anything but an MVP this season. I get that the situation isn’t ideal, but he’s been playing like he doesn’t want to be playing. No one is going to give you a pass when you are mailing it in.

Here's a wild thought: maybe not go for 2 on the TD, and take the points in the red zone in a low scoring game? If they'd kicked the XP and kicked FGs in the RZ on 4th down they'd have scored enough to win.
In fairness, I like the aggressiveness of going for it, but if your offense is an incompetent tire fire and your defense is keeping you in the game maybe just take the points.

As for Rodgers, dude needs to go thru his reads, throw with better accuracy, and start earning that $50M they are paying him. You get paid to be elite, play like it.

jklowan
11-12-2022, 09:11 AM
Glad to see Kurt Warner sees what I see