PDA

View Full Version : Official Packers vs Cowboys Discussion Thread

Joemailman
11-08-2022, 03:39 PM
Mike McCarthy returns to Green Bay

Packers lead all-time Series 20-17. 16-13 in regular season, 4-4 in playoffs

Last meeting: October 6, 2019. Packers defeated Cowboys 34-24 in Dallas. Aaron Jones had 107 rushing yards with 4 TD's and 75 receiving yards. Davante Adams did not play in this game. Dak Prescott threw for 463 yards with 2 TD's and 3 INT's.

Cowboys -5.5

Moneyline Cowboys -225 Packers +180

Over/under 42.5

Dak Prescott is back with Cowboys after missing 5 games with injury. In 3 games has completed 67% of his passes for 591 yards with 3 TD's and 2 INT's.

CeeDee Lamb is Cowboys top receiver with 556 yards and 3 TD's.

Tony Pollard has 506 rushing yards and 5 TD's. Zeke Elliott has 443 yards and 4 TD's.

Cowboys defense ranks 3rd in points allowed, and 10th in yards allowed. Cowboys lead the NFL with 33 sacks. Micah Parsons leads them with 8 sacks. 3 other guys have 4 or more. Cowboys defense has allowed just 8 TD passes and have 7 INT's.

Sparkey
11-08-2022, 04:06 PM
27 - 3 Cowboys

SPECTACLE DE MERDE, DEUXI

red
11-08-2022, 04:50 PM
i'm thinking out loud here (well kinda)

i'm thinking fat mike might have a giant chip on his shoulder over getting fired and might just curb stomp us sunday

Freak Out
11-08-2022, 04:51 PM
Probably a bloodbath.

red
11-08-2022, 05:03 PM
Probably a bloodbath.

especially when half our starters are out injured

Fritz
11-08-2022, 05:39 PM
It’s gonna be ugly.Aaron Rodgers’s eyes are gonna roll into the back of his head.

KYPack
11-08-2022, 07:06 PM
i'm thinking out loud here (well kinda)

i'm thinking fat mike might have a giant chip on his shoulder over getting fired and might just curb stomp us sunday

The world joins you in thought.

Fat Mike's revenge is the consensus.

Rastak
11-08-2022, 07:14 PM
The world joins you in thought.

Fat Mike's revenge is the consensus.

Hey KY. Yea, he'll be motivated I guess. His team seems to be playing a bit better. I though that screwball Jones might fire him at the start of the season.

Teamcheez1
11-08-2022, 09:16 PM
Glad this one is on tv. Sunday was the last time I will make an effort to see the Packers at a sports bar. Waste of good beer.

MadScientist
11-08-2022, 09:54 PM
27 - 3 Cowboys

SPECTACLE DE MERDE, DEUXI

Optimist

MadtownPacker
11-08-2022, 10:51 PM
It is fitting that Love goes in and gives a glimpse of what he might be able to do.

call_me_ishmael
11-08-2022, 11:53 PM
Packers win this one. I just don't see any way Aaron Rodgers loses this game. Season is over if they lose this one essentially.

Fritz
11-09-2022, 08:39 AM
Ish, you are on the optimism train here. I hope you're right.

Joemailman
11-09-2022, 08:55 AM
Packers win this one. I just don't see any way Aaron Rodgers loses this game. Season is over if they lose this one essentially.

Kind of the way I felt last week.

call_me_ishmael
11-09-2022, 09:34 AM
If it was any other team other than Mike McCarthy I'd think they'd lose, but I just think that Aaron will get it up to beat his old boss and the guy he ran out of town.

SudsMcBucky
11-09-2022, 10:01 AM
Kind of the way I felt last week.

Kinda the way I've felt with every game since the London fiasco.

Joemailman
11-09-2022, 10:23 AM
Fox Late - Almost the entire country, including Alaska and Hawaii, will get Dallas at Green Bay. Kevin Burkhardt and Greg Olsen with the call.

https://506sports.com/2022/10-FOX-L.png

bobblehead
11-09-2022, 11:12 AM
I only want to win one more game this year. Beat fat mike. Sadly I doubt it happens.

Anti-Polar Bear
11-09-2022, 11:32 AM
Fox Late - Almost the entire country, including Alaska and Hawaii, will get Dallas at Green Bay. Kevin Burkhardt and Greg Olsen with the call.

I do not care for the Dexter Morgan lookalike and that other guy, but this game will likely be the last time this season we will see Erin Andrews report a Packer game.

Fox would be stupid to keep sending its #1 team to Packers games. Oh, well, I, for one, am looking forward to seeing Greg Jennings call another Pack game.

Play-by-play guy: Rodgers overthrows Watson!

Jennings: This reminds me of a time in the playoffs against Arizona. In overtime, all the planets aligned for Erin and…he overthrew me!

Joemailman
11-09-2022, 01:59 PM
Matt Schneidman

Players on the 53 not practicing for the Packers today:

Aaron Rodgers
David Bakhtiari
Elgton Jenkins
Rashan Gary
Romeo Doubs
Eric Stokes
Sammy Watkins
De’Vondre Campbell
Krys Barnes
Shemar Jean-Charles

Tipa Galeai designated to return off IR.

Aaron Jones is practicing.

Sparkey
11-09-2022, 03:03 PM
Optimist

Optimistic pessimist OR Pessimistic Optimist

Joemailman
11-09-2022, 06:03 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FhJxkI1WAAEGuep?format=jpg&name=medium

red
11-09-2022, 06:34 PM
did we have enough guys today to even have a practice?

Joemailman
11-10-2022, 10:15 PM
Better today. 4 injured players did not practice. Lewis never practices on Thursday.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FhO0kJzX0AUI9oe?format=jpg&name=medium

Fosco33
11-11-2022, 08:54 AM
It is fitting that Love goes in and gives a glimpse of what he might be able to do.

Wasn’t it on the road vs the boys when Aaron came in midgame for injured Favre and was lighting it up before also getting injured? Definitely fitting.

call_me_ishmael
11-11-2022, 09:50 AM
I guess the Packers either win a close one on ARod's back 'cause he gets it up for this one, or they lose by 4 TD and JLove gets significant time. I could see it going either way TBH.

Fritz
11-11-2022, 10:00 AM
I guess the Packers either win a close one on ARod's back 'cause he gets it up for this one, or they lose by 4 TD and JLove gets significant time. I could see it going either way TBH.

Okay, Packer fans, which option is more exciting to you: Arod puts the battered Pack on his back and they upset the Cowboys, fanning the fading flames of playoff hope; or - Packers get blown out but we get a chance to see how young Love does and will do?

Joemailman
11-11-2022, 10:26 AM
We won't know what Love can do until he plays in some games that really matter. I'll cheer for the win.

bobblehead
11-11-2022, 01:32 PM
Okay, Packer fans, which option is more exciting to you: Arod puts the battered Pack on his back and they upset the Cowboys, fanning the fading flames of playoff hope; or - Packers get blown out but we get a chance to see how young Love does and will do?

We can lose and see Love later. We have to beat fat mike this week.

Teamcheez1
11-11-2022, 01:55 PM
What do the Packers have going for them that leads one to believe they can win this game?
I see nothing. Depleted offense with a scowling QB. A defense that is good for 2 or 3 drives per game. A coaching staff that fails to make adjustments.

SudsMcBucky
11-11-2022, 02:01 PM
What do the Packers have going for them that leads one to believe they can win this game?
I see nothing. Depleted offense with a scowling QB. A defense that is good for 2 or 3 drives per game. A coaching staff that fails to make adjustments.

Add to it a dearth of injuries. Sadly, don't see much of a chance in this one.

Teamcheez1
11-11-2022, 02:08 PM
Packers CB Rasul Douglas:

“We suck cause we suck”

Joemailman
11-11-2022, 05:22 PM
Campbell out and Barnes doubtful. So Walker and McDuffie at LB. McDuffie has been decent.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FhT94cJXgAAPw07?format=jpg&name=medium

flamacue
11-11-2022, 10:12 PM
Cowboys 41 Packers 7 I'll never understand why they didn't load up on wide receivers all along. Lombardi said you win games with defense. They could have gotten receivers as well as defensive guys with intelligent picks and trades. Anyway we'er probably looking at a 7-10 season optomistically. This is obviously a season where everything is going wrong. I don't foresee it getting any better next year.

call_me_ishmael
11-11-2022, 11:10 PM
It is high time to play Dynamo Wyatt. Enough is enough, he was an R1, play his booty.

KYPack
11-11-2022, 11:55 PM
It is high time to play Dynamo Wyatt. Enough is enough, he was an R1, play his booty.

Totally agree Parsh. Put Lowry in the "spot guy" role. Let Wyatt start and get his pro ass kicking period over. if he blows up, put Lowry back in that spot. He ain't gonna be here next year anyhow.

Bretsky
11-12-2022, 08:56 AM
Totally agree Parsh. Put Lowry in the "spot guy" role. Let Wyatt start and get his pro ass kicking period over. if he blows up, put Lowry back in that spot. He ain't gonna be here next year anyhow.

Agree; and could I add. This season is lost.

CJ Stroud would look goo in Green n Gold :)

bobblehead
11-12-2022, 12:19 PM
Agree; and could I add. This season is lost.

CJ Stroud would look goo in Green n Gold :)

I have to agree the season is lost. Injuries suffocated even the hope of turning it around. However I still want to win just this one more game before we tank for a top 6 pick.

texaspackerbacker
11-12-2022, 01:41 PM
I'm breaking my moratorium on posting because the negativity I see here is just too much. A cold weather day at Lambeau against a warm weather team? Some of ya'all seem like you're brand new to watching football, like you never saw big underdogs rise up and win games. Pro and college, it just ain't that uncommon. Sure, the injuries are a problem, but if Rodgers is himself or even close and Aaron Jones is healthy enough, the Packers are still capable of beating anybody. I wouldn't rule out a Packer win.

MadScientist
11-12-2022, 02:17 PM
I'm breaking my moratorium on posting because the negativity I see here is just too much. A cold weather day at Lambeau against a warm weather team? Some of ya'all seem like you're brand new to watching football, like you never saw big underdogs rise up and win games. Pro and college, it just ain't that uncommon. Sure, the injuries are a problem, but if Rodgers is himself or even close and Aaron Jones is healthy enough, the Packers are still capable of beating anybody. I wouldn't rule out a Packer win.

Any given Sunday, and all that. But this team has been flat out bad all season. They couldn't score on the worst defense in the league. Dallas will need to play absolutely terrible for the Packers to win.

KYPack
11-12-2022, 07:27 PM

No No No Tex.

You know the deal, you signed on to it.

No re-entry until we win 3 in a row.

That was your deal and you self banned until the big 3 in a row.

Be seeing you back here in about 2027

Joemailman
11-12-2022, 10:45 PM

After what's happened in the playoffs the last 2 years, you still clinging to the myth that cold weather against a warm weather team helps the Packers? Not against a team that has something to play for. If Packers win it won't matter that it was cold outside.

Freak Out
11-12-2022, 11:43 PM
Dan Devine will need to intervene this week for the Packers to win.

MadtownPacker
11-12-2022, 11:57 PM
Colder it gets the worse Rodgers will play. Just like in January.

Fritz
11-13-2022, 08:25 AM
Dan Devine will need to intervene this week for the Packers to win.

If Dan Devine tries to intervene, he'll muck it all up, just like he did when he was head coach/GM back when.

In 1974 he traded his 1975 first, second, and third round picks AND his first and second round picks in '76 for John Hadl - who was 34 years old, washed up - and had been benched by the LA Rams.

Still mind boggling. Maybe the worst trade ever by anyone, worse maybe than Ditka trading every single pick in a draft for Ricky Williams. I mean, Hadl was a backup at that point.

Yeah, a Dan Devine intervention will only be a giant bumblefuck.

bobblehead
11-13-2022, 08:32 AM
After what's happened in the playoffs the last 2 years, you still clinging to the myth that cold weather against a warm weather team helps the Packers? Not against a team that has something to play for. If Packers win it won't matter that it was cold outside.

Younger players have the edge in cold games. Any poster over 50 knows this is a fact.

bobblehead
11-13-2022, 08:34 AM
If Dan Devine tries to intervene, he'll muck it all up, just like he did when he was head coach/GM back when.

In 1974 he traded his 1975 first, second, and third round picks AND his first and second round picks in '76 for John Hadl - who was 34 years old, washed up - and had been benched by the LA Rams.

Still mind boggling. Maybe the worst trade ever by anyone, worse maybe than Ditka trading every single pick in a draft for Ricky Williams. I mean, Hadl was a backup at that point.

Yeah, a Dan Devine intervention will only be a giant bumblefuck.

In a history reverse do you think we can do that this off season with a "38 years old, washed up - and had been benched by the MiLF."??

Fritz
11-13-2022, 08:36 AM
In a history reverse do you think we can do that this off season with a "38 years old, washed up - and had been benched by the MiLF."??

I'd be totally down with that. Totally.

Joemailman
11-13-2022, 09:26 AM
I think last year was the opportunity to get a huge haul for Rodgers. They can still get something for him, but I believe his market value has to have gone down. If they had traded him last year, they would be on their way to figuring out if Love can be the guy. If they decided he's not, they would have the draft capital to move up in the draft and grab the guy they want. I'd still be okay with trading Rodgers, even if it's a year later than it should have been.

red
11-13-2022, 03:11 PM
I think last year was the opportunity to get a huge haul for Rodgers. They can still get something for him, but I believe his market value has to have gone down. If they had traded him last year, they would be on their way to figuring out if Love can be the guy. If they decided he's not, they would have the draft capital to move up in the draft and grab the guy they want. I'd still be okay with trading Rodgers, even if it's a year later than it should have been.

agreed

his trade falling is free falling this year

plus any team trading for him will know that they have to allow him to run HIS offense (which isn't working ) and has to have an elite WR for him to throw to, and ones that he's played with for many years

soooo, oakland is the only one we can trade to

red
11-13-2022, 03:13 PM
OMG

you guys have to see the end of the vikings bills game to believe what just happened