PDA

View Full Version : More Banjo - Packers vs Cowboys

Joemailman
11-13-2022, 07:09 PM
Aaron Rodgers - 14-20 224 yards 3 TD's Passer rating 146.7

Aaron Jones and A.J. Dillon combine for 205 rushing yards

Christian Watson - 147 receiving 3 TD's.

Rudy Ford - 2 INT's.

Isaiah McDuffie - 13 tackles. 8 solo.

Discuss.

RashanGary
11-13-2022, 07:18 PM
We haven’t had many losing seasons in the last 30 years. Damn these W’s feel good after 5 L’s.

MadScientist
11-13-2022, 07:19 PM
Including the kneel and scramble, the Packers had 39 rushing attempts, vs 20 pass attempts. Not sure when the Packers had a 2-1 run pass ratio last.

Anti-Polar Bear
11-13-2022, 07:20 PM
Tomorrow’s headline:

Christian Does Dallas

Jaire
11-13-2022, 07:33 PM
So much of this team this year is injuries. The Oline; receivers especially. We knew it would be a rough start on O; the receivers are still a rotating mash unit. This is a glimpse of what they can be if healthy.

It's the defense that's disappointed.

Hopefully receivers heal up. Not having Gary the rest the way, makes me recall the main reason why I wanted a quality edge (such a deep class this year) for cheap in round one.

Seems like the Cowboys are an automatic win, and a fun game, now for how many years? Thanks, MM. Welcome back.

Anti-Polar Bear
11-13-2022, 07:44 PM
So much of this team this year is injuries. The Oline; receivers especially. We knew it would be a rough start on O; the receivers are still a rotating mash unit. This is a glimpse of what they can be if healthy.

It's the defense that's disappointed.

Hopefully receivers heal up. Not having Gary the rest the way, makes me recall the main reason why I wanted a quality edge (such a deep class this year) for cheap in round one.

Seems like the Cowboys are an automatic win, and a fun game, now for how many years? Thanks, MM. Welcome back.

Silver lining to losing Gary Lightbody is, Barry finally starts blitzing!

Sparkey
11-13-2022, 07:59 PM
McDuffie/Walker the future at inside linebacker.

Rudy Ford was a bolt of energy on defense

The CW finally had a show worth watching today!

In the future if you need to serve someone, call the the firm of Watson, Toure and Doubs !!!

Was a great game to watch, which of course I didn't as I was hunting, but look forward to the replay on DVR.

call_me_ishmael
11-13-2022, 09:02 PM
Aaron Jones acceleration is other worldly. I noticed they ran Jones more today on short yardage and tough yardage stuff. I think that gives the offense some more variety and makes it harder to defend.

call_me_ishmael
11-13-2022, 09:03 PM
Did Watson drop another pass early? Boy, they played inspired ball today. My 7 year old is starting to like watching the games and I could not be happier about it. We watched the second half and it was awesome.

call_me_ishmael
11-13-2022, 10:15 PM
https://twitter.com/TylerDBrooke/status/1591937165163905024

Amari Rodgers career catches: 8
Amari Rodgers career fumbles: 7

How is this homie still on the team?

KYPack
11-13-2022, 10:24 PM
Rudy Ford may be the Fuckdoggle of the Century.

Or should we just call him Rudy, like the movie?

MadtownPacker
11-13-2022, 10:26 PM
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/SmallLazyFlyingfish-max-1mb.gif

call_me_ishmael
11-13-2022, 10:35 PM
Were they playing Rudy at Safety and then three safeties or were they playing Macho Man in the slot?

MadScientist
11-13-2022, 11:03 PM
The Cowboys were 195-0 in games they were leading by 14 or more going into the 4th quarter. 195-1 now.

bobblehead
11-13-2022, 11:14 PM
The Cowboys were 195-0 in games they were leading by 14 or more going into the 4th quarter. 195-1 now.

It's always fun being the and 1 in those kind of stats.

Joemailman
11-13-2022, 11:33 PM
https://twitter.com/TylerDBrooke/status/1591937165163905024

How is this homie still on the team?

Because he's winning!

Fritz
11-14-2022, 06:06 AM
Rudy Ford may be the Fuckdoggle of the Century.

Or should we just call him Rudy, like the movie?

There has been a lot of arguing about what or who actually qualifies as a fuckdoggle, but I think Rudy unites us in that there is no question he is the fuckdoggle of fuckgdoggles.

If there is an opposite of a fuckdoggle, that would be Amari Rodgers. He's just a fuckup.

KYPack
11-14-2022, 10:42 AM
There has been a lot of arguing about what or who actually qualifies as a fuckdoggle, but I think Rudy unites us in that there is no question he is the fuckdoggle of fuckgdoggles.

If there is an opposite of a fuckdoggle, that would be Amari Rodgers. He's just a fuckup.

Ya know, somebody from Rats goes to home games each time.
Whoever goes to the Titans game on Thursday needs to start a "Rudy Rudy" chant. Ya know, put us on the map.

Amari Rodgers is another puzzle. Do we cut him this AM, or just shoot him?

God that sumbitch is worthless!

Anti-Polar Bear
11-14-2022, 12:05 PM

Bostocki, coined by the infamous Prof. Rand.

call_me_ishmael
11-14-2022, 01:43 PM
Did anyone else notice how much more Aaron seemed to be under center? I would love to see some numbers on that to see if reality matches my perception.

run pMc
11-14-2022, 02:59 PM
Aaron was under center more. Personally I think that helps their play action game. Of course, so does running the ball like they did, which was absolutely the right move vs. Dallas.

re: Amari. I don't understand how you keep putting him back returning punts. His confidence is shot. There has to be someone else who can do it besides Cobb. Amari *might* be better served focusing on playing WR, although I don't think he's great at that either, given how they use him. His catch radius is pretty small. I do think they aren't using him right - but maybe he was just a good college player who won't make a good pro. They will need more WRs next year, so he might stick as WR6 but he absolutely needs to be taken off PR.

SudsMcBucky
11-14-2022, 03:05 PM
Aaron was under center more. Personally I think that helps their play action game. Of course, so does running the ball like they did, which was absolutely the right move vs. Dallas.

re: Amari. I don't understand how you keep putting him back returning punts. His confidence is shot. There has to be someone else who can do it besides Cobb. Amari *might* be better served focusing on playing WR, although I don't think he's great at that either, given how they use him. His catch radius is pretty small. I do think they aren't using him right - but maybe he was just a good college player who won't make a good pro. They will need more WRs next year, so he might stick as WR6 but he absolutely needs to be taken off PR.

Well, it's a good thing that Bisaccia agreed with you last night as he already took him off punt returns.

Anti-Polar Bear
11-14-2022, 06:28 PM

Winfree has better kung fu at WR than #8. There doesn’t seem to be a good reason for 8 to be on the active roster. Promote Winfree and try to stack 8 onto the PS.

bobblehead
11-15-2022, 10:54 AM
I open my packer news websites every morning hoping to see:

"Packers part ways with Amari Rodgers". I should be used to disappointment by now.

call_me_ishmael
11-15-2022, 10:57 AM

"Packers part ways with Amari Rodgers". I should be used to disappointment by now.

Haha I do the same. I cannot believe it hasn't happened yet!

Sparkey
11-15-2022, 11:05 AM
Haha I do the same. I cannot believe it hasn't happened yet!

With the quick turn around for the Thursday night game, if it is going to happen, it wont until Friday.

run pMc
11-15-2022, 12:08 PM
What sane coach would keep sending out a player who fumbled punts repeatedly? It cost them vs. WAS and almost cost them vs. DAL. That's two games right there.
It's not like he's offsetting that with crazy PR TD returns either. I don't see any upside to continuing to trot him out to catch punts.

Let him develop at WR and do some of the weird scat/motion/screen crap they want to do. He's supposed to replace Cobb but they don't use him like that either. It makes no sense to me, unless he's complete incapable.

Anyone notice it was the first time the offense cracked 30 points this season? FWIW, they've scored < 20 points 5 times this season. That's awful.

run pMc
11-15-2022, 12:37 PM
well, I guess Amari is done.

bobblehead
11-15-2022, 12:47 PM

Well....gutes reads packerrats

KYPack
11-15-2022, 01:24 PM

Happy Birthday, Bobble

call_me_ishmael
11-15-2022, 02:19 PM
https://twitter.com/ByRyanWood/status/1592584890616348673

Brian Gutekunst's third-round picks in 5 draft classes:

ILB Oren Burks
TE Jace Sternberger
TE Josiah Deguara
WR Amari Rodgers
OL Sean Rhyan

Fritz
11-15-2022, 05:09 PM
Ted Thompson's third rounders:

Montravius Adams
Kyler Fackrell
Ty Montgomery
Khyri Thornton/Richard Rodgers
Alex Green
Morgan Burnett
Jerkmichael Finley
Aaron Rouse
James Jones
Abdul Hodge

Okay, so who's worse in the third round sweepstakes of shittiness?

Joemailman
11-15-2022, 05:42 PM
Ted Thompson's third rounders:

Montravius Adams
Kyler Fackrell
Ty Montgomery
Khyri Thornton/Richard Rodgers
Alex Green
Morgan Burnett
Jerkmichael Finley
Aaron Rouse
James Jones
Abdul Hodge

Okay, so who's worse in the third round sweepstakes of shittiness?

Gute is far worse. James Jones, Morgan Burnett and Finley are better than anybody Gute has drafted. Probably DickRod and Holy Fackrell as well.

bobblehead
11-16-2022, 08:28 AM
Gute is far worse. James Jones, Morgan Burnett and Finley are better than anybody Gute has drafted. Probably DickRod and Holy Fackrell as well.

Ty Montgomery is still in the league, albeit never starting. Everytime he gets any significant touches all he does is produce. Sometimes I wonder what I'm missing with some guys. Latavius Murry is another guy who no one wants to make a focal point, yet all he does is produce.

call_me_ishmael
11-16-2022, 11:01 AM
Gute is far worse, I agree. Khyri Thornton, Alex Green, and arguably Aaron Rouse (didn't he retire due to injury) are the only true misses there. The other guys may stink but they stuck around the league for a long time. Hell, plodder Rodgers is still plodding along at 30, catching hail mary's and being essentially the Charger's version of Big Dog.

call_me_ishmael
11-16-2022, 11:02 AM
Ty Montgomery is still in the league, albeit never starting. Everytime he gets any significant touches all he does is produce. Sometimes I wonder what I'm missing with some guys. Latavius Murry is another guy who no one wants to make a focal point, yet all he does is produce.

Ty Montgomery was talented but wasn't he a ding bat too? Didn't he not listen to the coaches or something and got cut? I remember when we melted his ankle catching that ball. I thought he was going to be a really good player before that.