PDA

View Full Version : Studs and duds Dallas edition

KYPack
11-14-2022, 01:57 PM
Studs

Christian Watson The kid done good at last

Rudy Ford We were due to get a splash guy out of our bench and we got him

Jarran Reed. Never felt that Joe B was using this guy properly. He got snaps and showed up big time. 6 QB pressures including 3 hits. He kicked ass all game long and whoever was across from him damned sure knew he was there.

There were other studs but I’ll leave those to our savvy rat posters to say who they were

Duds

Amari Rodgers We may have to create a new category to detail what a piece of shit this goof is. Uber Dud, Dipshit of the year? whatever

We had a triple dud this game. All 3 TE’s graded in the bottom 5 offense players on PFF Big Dog checked in with a 40.8 and Degaura & Tonyan weren’t far behind.

There were several guys with so so games, but I’ll leave those to the board to detail ‘em.

A good emotional win. It’s a suck season, maybe we can dredge up a few miracle games and find something to build on here.

Joemailman
11-14-2022, 03:32 PM
Studs

Sammy Watkins - Caught all 3 of his targets for 47 yards. Would have had more yards if one pass wasn't thrown behind him. Blocked well.

Aaron Rodgers - Had 146.7 rating despite a couple drops by Watson. Kept going to Watson

Aaron Jones - Had 3 explosive runs among his 138 rushing yards.

Duds

Darnell Savage - Gave up 5 receptions for 75 yards.

Kenny Clark - Just not having much impact

George Cumby
11-14-2022, 04:36 PM
Stud:

Dude that started the GD Thread.

KYPack
11-14-2022, 04:47 PM
Stud:

Now yer talkin Big Boy.

Goin to the football game with Chris on New Years.

QBME
11-14-2022, 06:04 PM
Studs:
Arod
Jones
Dillon
O Line
Watson
Banged up D
Crosby

Duds:
Amari

George Cumby
11-14-2022, 09:01 PM
Now yer talkin Big Boy.

Goin to the football game with Chris on New Years.

Awesome!

Glad to hear he's Stateside.

RashanGary
11-14-2022, 09:11 PM
Studs

Kenny Clark - Just not having much impact

Strange innit

bobblehead
11-15-2022, 10:52 AM
No love for Enagbare here? He was my sleeper from the draft. A guy who "underperformed" at the combine but was a stud in the SEC I said at the time. I think we found a guy there. He had a decent game. Honestly, as a rookie he isn't bad.

Fritz
11-15-2022, 11:32 AM
Stud:

I'll take that, thank you.

KY, you know I'm an amateur here, so when you wrote "Jarran Reed. Never felt that Joe B was using this guy properly," I'd be interested to know how he was being mis-used and what changed in that game.

run pMc
11-15-2022, 11:57 AM
People seem pretty split on Jarren Reed - they think he's either having a decent year or he's washed up.
Haven't really watched him closely enough to say, I guess he seems 'ok'. Anyone watching the DL notice him?

Re: Enagbare, he's made plenty of mistakes to go with occasional flash plays, but dude is improving and for a R5 rookie that's important. He's much less likely than Rashan Gary to cheat on a run play, but he's not going to replace Gary's production. They'll need more EDGE depth in the draft. Preston is good if aging and Gary will likely be eased back into the lineup early next season.

texaspackerbacker
11-15-2022, 01:09 PM
I haven't heard anybody comment on it in here or even on the broadcast of the game. Enagbare got his fingers on the ball on Ford's first interception, altering the flight just a bit. I saw it on the replay.

KYPack
11-15-2022, 01:21 PM
I'll take that, thank you.

KY, you know I'm an amateur here, so when you wrote "Jarran Reed. Never felt that Joe B was using this guy properly," I'd be interested to know how he was being mis-used and what changed in that game.

This my own observation , but Reed is an old fashioned, root hog 3 tech. An ugly, country strong DLineman. Put in front of the guard and let him beat on his ass. He had 6 hurries in this ball game. Most of em were off plain old bull rushes. Reed likes to pound the shit out of his man. After a bunch of his strong rushes, if Reed does execute a swim or a spin move, they work bc the OLine boys are covering up. They are aware that Reed might knock them on their ass if they don't have a strong base. Reed can go out to a 5 tech, but he's better inside, being a blacksmith.

In this game, Reeds strong play was off set by Kenny Clark having a shit game. I think Clark is hurt, as most guys are this time of year.

Fritz
11-15-2022, 05:12 PM
When Kenny Clark isn't producing, he's usually pretty banged up.

And thank you for that explanation. Now if Joe Barely is reading Packerrats, he will follow your advice and play him at the 3, and keep moving Clark around. Play Slaton at the nose a bit, play Wyatt at the 5 a bit.

KYPack
11-15-2022, 09:21 PM
When Kenny Clark isn't producing, he's usually pretty banged up.

And thank you for that explanation. Now if Joe Barely is reading Packerrats, he will follow your advice and play him at the 3, and keep moving Clark around. Play Slaton at the nose a bit, play Wyatt at the 5 a bit.

You got it coach. Wyatt left the game and I didn't see what his injury was. That kid is scary with his foot speed. if he gets stronger and learns how to be violent with his hands, he can be a player.

George Cumby
11-16-2022, 12:20 PM
You got it coach. Wyatt left the game and I didn't see what his injury was. That kid is scary with his foot speed. if he gets stronger and learns how to be violent with his hands, he can be a player.

KY, since you're giving lessons, what's your take on Quay Walker?

My amateur observation is he's smart and disciplined but still thinking things through. Fast but lean.

KYPack
11-16-2022, 03:29 PM
Lesson, I dunno about that. This year has been an education, I'll tell ya.

Walker? I really like the kid and it could be love if he keeps progressing. He started with other teams running key breakers at him and getting fooled. But he has made a note of that stuff and doesn't get used more than once or twice. He is evolving his skill set and becoming an NFL ILB. He's strong, tall (6'4") and both quick and fast. He's smart and has excellent vision. At first, he was trying to shed using the technique he learned at UGA. What goes against Vanderbilt won't work worth shit in the League. I attended the NE game and the kid defended a Patriot run by perfect shed, discarding the blocker and tackling Stevenson for a short gain. It took AJ Hawk a whole year to figure that out.

Was really impressed with him in the Dallas game. Walker was the rat (spy) in a play late vs the Cowboys. Prescott saw that he had no open receiver and decided to run. Walker had shielded his position so ol Dak didn't see him. He nailed Dak and hit him high so he couldn't get off a pass. Really rocked him on the tackle for no to a short gain. Let Prescott know he was in the game.

He leads the team in tackles, with D Campbell second. He is learning and progressing every game. he will be a good hand for us, if he doesn't get struck by lightening or something

QBME
11-16-2022, 07:50 PM
Lesson, I dunno about that. This year has been an education, I'll tell ya.

Walker? I really like the kid and it could be love if he keeps progressing. He started with other teams running key breakers at him and getting fooled. But he has made a note of that stuff and doesn't get used more than once or twice. He is evolving his skill set and becoming an NFL ILB. He's strong, tall (6'4") and both quick and fast. He's smart and has excellent vision. At first, he was trying to shed using the technique he learned at UGA. What goes against Vanderbilt won't work worth shit in the League. I attended the NE game and the kid defended a Patriot run by perfect shed, discarding the blocker and tackling Stevenson for a short gain. It took AJ Hawk a whole year to figure that out.

Was really impressed with him in the Dallas game. Walker was the rat (spy) in a play late vs the Cowboys. Prescott saw that he had no open receiver and decided to run. Walker had shielded his position so ol Dak didn't see him. He nailed Dak and hit him high so he couldn't get off a pass. Really rocked him on the tackle for no to a short gain. Let Prescott know he was in the game.

He leads the team in tackles, with D Campbell second. He is learning and progressing every game. he will be a good hand for us, if he doesn't get struck by lightening or something

Heh, hmm...nice to have you back

KYPack
11-17-2022, 12:28 AM
Heh, hmm...nice to have you back

Thanks pal. I'm nervous before this Tenn game. That's better than my previous feeling for the 5 games before this...dread and resignation.