PDA

View Full Version : Why Ted Thompson ? WHY Support Ted Thompson ?

woodbuck27
09-16-2006, 12:37 AM
In my most fair assessment, Ted Thompson has elected to adopt HIS AGENDA... to attain a HIGH DRAFT PICK, at the expense of the current Roster of Green Bay Packer's.

We all deserve a REAL CHANCE to WIN.

Any Packer fan, that this early in a season actually pulls for us to loose... that bother's me. Is that a good thing?

A GM of any NFL Franchise has to have a PLAN set down to WIN not LOOSE.

No GM of an NFL Team should operate within an agenda that is determined by A TEAM (the Packers) losing football games, and assuring " that result "

I'm concerned, that a Packer fan would actually admit that losing football games from the outset of a Season is a good thing. Just to attain a better Draft pick.

To suffer on ... PACKER FANS .. LOSS's, to get that high pick (who could well bust) over the hopes of a 53 Man roster to win NFL football games, and maybe compete for an NFCN championship is irrational thinking.

If Ted is actually giving it his all, then he's failing desperately. I wanted him to adopt what I deem " the Belichick Method/Approach ", or to continuously be bringing in players to upgrade as best he can.

We havn't a DAM clue what TED THOMPSON is about.

PLEASE don't go to well he needs time. Please project the chance of US enjoying SUCCESS based ONLY on the good things that TT's has brought to " the Green Bay Packers ".

I have never obseved anything, even resembling a Plan from Ted Thompson.

Ted Thompson hasn't ever admitted to us the TRUTH regarding " the fact " he's RE-BUILDING ? I ask myself why.

To attempt to deceive Packer fans, possibly the most knowledgeable football fans that support any NFL TEAM? To condition OUR HC to dodge the correct response to the question:

"Are the Green Bay Packers in a Re-builfding mode. Mike?"

... and to observe Mike McCarthy's response as something other than the TRUTH is disturbing to me.

It's all about Ted Thompson's AGENDA. The SECRET PLAN. Good Grief ?

NO... BAD GRIEF.

Even the media are admitting that they don't have access they once had to "the Packers" not access to all the players and certainly not to FIRST LINE Coach's. We read that yesterday.

The media once had full access now restricted to Tuesdays and Thursdays. The media can't speak (to other than) Assistant Coach's? What is that all about?

We are the GREEN BAY PACKER fans, and what it's really all about. Packer fans have to know what exactly is going on, and we rely on accurate reporting from the professional media and OUR efforts at PACKERRATS to see where we are.

You have read the v. criticle Cristil Blog, that FIRES direct shots at " the Packers " as a whole. That " flys in the face" of some member's here. Members that support Ted Thompson with total faith/Trust.

I ask myself. How is Ted Thompson's decision making working out for the team/players?

Cristil's assessments and his reporting, "annoys the Dickens out of YOU people"... as it's too direct, too negative, too " the Packers are dead in the water ". It is judged good, bad or indifferent reporting, when "in fact" it reveals tons to the uninformed NFL fan.

Is Ted Thompson competent for OUR needs? Did Ted Thompson prove his competence yesterday, today... will he then do so tomorrow?

I try to get a read on Ted Thompson, and from that assess his ability and promise for us, for the Packer Team.

That means a REAL PLAN, instituted in an Open and REALITY Based PROCESS. :idea:

To see OUR Team become competitive again. WIN football games.
To do all that is necessary to secure WINS,

I am not going off M3 yet. He's just possibly another fit for TT's agenda? A fit for Ted?

The integrity of OUR GM and his Boss/Boss's has to be called into question or be answerable to 7 Wins and 18 loss's since Bob Harlan went with OUR GM Ted Thompson.

Ted Thompson plans to elevate OUR Team via the DRAFT as a first priority. Isn't that all well and nice. We have several people here with the ability to establish a MODEL to prove he's out to lunch.

Hint: Free Agency.

Hint: Adversity leading to career ending injury

Hint: Retirement of once v. talented players for a myrid of reasons.

Hint: Oh that was a good draft... gets to reality.

Hint: Geee that was a Super Draft pick but he becomes a Free Agent and all that gets to.

I am observing a man who leaves too much to be desired. He has clearly missed way more often that he hit the target on his first Draft.

Today his second Draft is in the assessment stage.

The counter argument " let's just wait and see ". Wait and see?? When we are ONLY 7 wins and 18 LOSS's, including preseason games. Are we going to do any better in 2006? Wait and see what?

Some posters here believe, that suddenly or by mid Season. We'll have the experience for OUR young and inexperienced players (ie the OL) to go on some run of wins, and turn attention to a more prosperous 2007 season.

I deem that. Magical thinking.

Also...

I disagree with the preseason games don't count stance.

The REALITY of Team Positional Depth - is necessary to deal with adversity throughout the Regular Season.

TC and Preseason Games are a clear indication of Coaching SUCCESS to determine REAL TEAM DEPTH, on both sides of the ball. To determine the BEST fit at all positions for OUR Roster,in terms of Roster Depth.

How many TC prospects have any real opportunity to succeed in becoming added players to OUR 53 Man Roster?

REAL Talent should be the only basis of assessment, yet we know "in reality", that an invested draft status and EGO based decisions, are a factor of predetermination... as to who are LOCKs on OUR Roster.

My experience tells me, that there were about 40 LOCKS as starters and 2nd string backups in TC.

So in TC / Preseason Games, out of a TC Roster of 90 Men, approx. 13 Roster Spots are " in reality " avail. for some 50 TC hopefuls.

13 spots represents 13/53 or 24.52 % or one quarter of OUR Roster is arrived at in TC and Preseason games.

If we are losing Preseason games. Our second and third stringer's are not measuring up to the opposition's. Therefore, it holds that OUR Team Depth is inferior to that oppositions Team Depth.

Consequently due to adversity OUR problems will go from bad to worse.

TC / preseason games are used to determine where the GM has to focus on any needed upgrade where positional depth is weakest.

That argument that preseason games don't count lowers the winning percentage to 4/13 or 0.3077 or a 30.3 % LOSING Percentage.

THAT is absolutely terrible.

Why again has Ted Thompson " in reality " ignored a primary need on OUR Team...the Offensive Line?

It was very much in decline last season, as evidenced by an increase over 2004 in QB pressures/hurries. How does Aaron Rodgers look behind OUR OL? Last season and to date in preseason games in 2006 how did Rodgers manage his ability to be OUR QB?

NOT WELL !

Even the whily Vet. Brett Favre, has had to use his bag of tricks to avoid getting punished more often, and possibly suffering a career ending injury.

Ted Thompson's response.Three College Draft picks last April and after that little else. Will TT point the finger at adversity in TC and the loss of Klemm and Barry and now Coston and Spitz are banged up as well.

The ZBS has resulted in only things -ve to date.

Trouble running the ball until the second half of the Bear game when the Bears "D" relaxed on the run.

Both of OUR Taclkles are lost in space in the ZBS where they were formerly if not Pro Bowl Tackles, certainly very capable of working the outside of the OL. Today Clifton and Tauscher are almost to the point of getting trashed.

What's up with that?

Where's Bubba Franks? Where's every WR but Donald Driver? TE David Martin now OUR FB? Favre throws only FIVE. .YUP that's right any Packer fan that hasn't been in touch...FIVE ..ONLY FIVE pass's in the first half of the BEAR's game.Forget Brett Favre.How many times has a starting QB made only FIVE pass's or less in the modern era of NFL football?

Geeee this is "the new and improved WCO" we were promised from OUR HC who is regaled as the most successful OC in the HISTORY of ther Atlanta Falcon Organization blaw blaw blaw while he was with that Organization after leaving us in 1999 (2000-04).What offense??

Is it Favre?

It the DAM Offensive Line Packer fans. The absolute key to it all. Any real chance to win a football game depends on the OL..as a solidly built house depends on a proper foundation.

BAD ... NO, REALLY BAD OL = Ted Thompson. . .and WHY ?

Tarlam!
09-16-2006, 08:28 AM
Woody, every poster here that I've seen communicate with you likes you a tonne. You have been nominated for MVP PR and everything.

So, I will be gentle with my critique.

Why did you feel it necessary tp post a novel, when all you really wanted to say was "TT sucks"?.

I admit, I couldn't read it all. I got to one third through and paged down to see how far I had to read still. I broke down. Why do you insist on marathon posts?

Scott Campbell
09-16-2006, 08:47 AM
Why did you feel it necessary tp post a novel, when all you really wanted to say was "TT sucks"?.

I'll admit to also liking the Readers Digest version myself. But I'm A.D.D.

Spaulding
09-16-2006, 08:47 AM
I almost feel I like at a political convention :)

Mind if I take it one step farther - CASTRO HAS TO GO, DOWN WITH THE PIGS!!!

MJZiggy
09-16-2006, 08:49 AM
:beat:

Rastak
09-16-2006, 08:51 AM

I know Patler has requested an abridged version in the past.

falco
09-16-2006, 09:15 AM

I admit I have to skim as well...sometimes I worry that all the weird capitalization and excessive punctation is going to give me epilepsy.

Woody would say its because of my dislike for canadians :mrgreen:

red
09-16-2006, 09:24 AM
yeah, a post like that takes me at least a half hour to read, i don't have that kind of attention span

woodbuck27
09-16-2006, 09:25 AM
Woody, every poster here that I've seen communicate with you likes you a tonne. You have been nominated for MVP PR and everything.

I admit, I couldn't read it all. I got to one third through and paged down to see how far I had to read still. I broke down. Why do you insist on marathon posts?

Tarlam I am not MVP anything.

I am simply a Packer fan, that deeply cares about the direction we are taking and the way/manner it's being taking down on Packer fans. and Packer players as well.

there are other's here like me that disagree with who Ted Thompson is?

I don't post to recruit only to initiate an examination of OUR direction base in evidence, reality based analysis.

Who Ted Thompson is, is becoming quite clear.

To say "he sucks", Tarlam hardly describes what he is. :mrgreen:

To say he sucks, is pointless. Crass and completely playing into the hands of people here, that imagine or believe he's wonderful.

The facts are being revealed gradually. Ted Thompson is exposing himself to just what he is.

Someone not to be TRUSTED with the FUTURE of "the Green Bay Packers".

I cannot deceive myself. :idea:

woodbuck27
09-16-2006, 09:28 AM

I admit I have to skim as well...sometimes I worry that all the weird capitalization and excessive punctation is going to give me epilepsy.

Woody would say its because of my dislike for canadians :mrgreen:

Here comes " the Re-direct strategy ". Cute. :mrgreen:

Let's go all -ve here and scapegoat and drag my Nationality into it..nice Falco. Classic scapegoat.

Classic Re-direct instead of ever examing " the facts ".

FALCO... PLEASE spare us that. This isn't about Nationality, hardly.

Give me a break, PLEASE Falco.

RashanGary
09-16-2006, 09:44 AM
I read the whole damn thing...... :neutral:

Good grief or rather bad grief :smile:

I do think Thompson has a plan. His plan is to build a roster that can compete and hopefully win a superbowl. His general belief is that if you continue to make good choices on the talent brought in that a great team will develop over time. HIs belief is that every time you reach for a lesser talented player or overspend for a player you need but know won't live up to his pay check, you take away from your teams ability to reach the ultimate goal. The ultimate goal isn't to win 3 more games today. The ultimate goal is to win the superbowl.

The Packers had 2 legit playmakers. Favre and Green. Acctually, Sharper was too. Favre is on the decline and one foot is already out the door. Green's career is in the same place and Sharper plays for the Vikings. He's pretty much on his last leg anyway as well.

The Packers need to start over completely. Not having any real playmakers will cause any team to lose. There are some glaring weaknesses and filling those holes now, no matter the cost to future cap space would help. Thompson would rather be patient. He said himself that he really wanted a RB but that it just didn't happen because their were better players available when he picked. Would you rather have Calhoun than Jennings? Time will have to tell but I think Jennings will be special. Anyway...the point is that he's being patient. Hopefully next year we'll get that RB. If not, we'll fill in with whatevers available and take antoher stab at it the following year. Over time, you end up with a full roster of great players much like Pittsburgh, NE and SEattle. All of those teams had top 10 picks and losing seasons from time to time. That is reality. The Packers will be fine. It won't be this year, get over it.

Packnut
09-16-2006, 09:53 AM
With each passing week, more and more fans finally figure it out. Those who support TT and criticize those who don't keep falling back on the same excuses-give him more time and it's to early to tell. They will tell you that this is normal cause we were good for so long, now we need to rebuild. They say we're to inpatient and we should'nt expect to win.

However I would challenge them to deal in cold hard facts and show us all the great moves TT has made, cause I can sure show a lot of them that were STUPID. His mistakes to success ratio is poor at best. It is unfortunate that only time will settle this debate. One thing is certain, it's gonna be just as painfull for those who support TT as for those who don't.

RashanGary
09-16-2006, 10:07 AM
It's gonna be just as painfull for those who support TT as for those who don't.

I don't feel any pain. The only pain I feel is when the Packers win a game and miss out on the chacne to pick higher. I have no hope for this year. After game 2 last year, I had no hope for last year either. We need another playmaker and a high pick will help us get there. We need a legit star on offense. I don't think Rodgers will be a star. A star RB would be perfect. Adrian Peterson could be that guy. I'm really hoping for Peterson, but I'm not going to get my hopes up.

ahaha
09-16-2006, 10:13 AM
If he wasn't trying to win right now, why did he sign Woodson? He's got the talented youthful prospect in Carroll. And, if he didn't care about winning this season, why on earth would he pick up Koren Robinson? He's a stop-gap for this year's kick returns.

Packnut
09-16-2006, 10:25 AM
It's gonna be just as painfull for those who support TT as for those who don't.

I don't feel any pain. The only pain I feel is when the Packers win a game and miss out on the chacne to pick higher. I have no hope for this year. After game 2 last year, I had no hope for last year either. We need another playmaker and a high pick will help us get there. We need a legit star on offense. I don't think Rodgers will be a star. A star RB would be perfect. Adrian Peterson could be that guy. I'm really hoping for Peterson, but I'm not going to get my hopes up.

Your faith in the drafting talents of TT amaze me. He has done NOTHING to even give a glimmer of hope. If you think stock-piling high draft choices is the answer, then you don't have a clue. Several teams have gone that route with no success. A GM need's to be able to bring in the right FA's and mix them in with the youth and I'd say there has been enough evidence to point out that TT is lacking in player evaluation skills.

Scott Campbell
09-16-2006, 10:32 AM
He has done NOTHING to even give a glimmer of hope.

Oh come on. Nothing???? That's the same kind of hyperbole we've come to expect from the likes of Michael Irvin.

I don't think you need to exaggerate to make your point. Nick Collins, AJ Hawk, Greg Jennings, Ryan Pickett. All these guys give me a glimmer of hope.

RashanGary
09-16-2006, 10:34 AM
Would you have said there was enough evidence of the management in Seattle when they were losing more than the won for a few years straight?

There is not enough evidence either way, but based on Thompsons general belief system and the draft records of the teams he has been associated with, I believe he will be a very good GM. I have a lot of faith in TT. If the team doesn't win 7 games next year I'll start to worry. They need to show some progress next year. We cannot be this young forever although it's understandable considering he shredded a roster that he hated and has only had 2 off seasons to build it back up. The aging FAvre and Green didn't help the Packers at all.

There were a bunch of things taht went into losing. Whatever the case, I believe it will turn around under TT's tenure. YOu cannot judge a GM until 4 or 5 years down the road. We know what Sherman was, 2 or 3 years from now, we'll have an idea of what Thompson is.

Tarlam!
09-16-2006, 10:41 AM

Bullshit.

He used the #5 pick. He could have EASILY traded it. You can argue VD or AJ, but you simply cannot argue TT does not want to build a winning team.

Packnut
09-16-2006, 10:43 AM
http://community.foxsports.com/blogs/RetroJenks5/2006/01/08/The_Green_Bay_Packers_Ted_Thompsons_Team

Just some of the "questionable" moves made by TT. I love his quote abot guards being "a dime a dozen". Yeah, tell me this guy gives hope for the future.

As for the Seattle connection. My understanding from reading is that TT's time in SEattle was more or less a "group" effort. Holmgren had a good deal of input on picks.

BallHawk
09-16-2006, 10:49 AM
Well, I read half of it, but like someone said, I scrolled down to see how much I had left and had a heart attack.

2,543 WORDS!

Wow Woody, you shattered your old record by about 600 words.

Packnut
09-16-2006, 10:49 AM

Bullshit.

He used the #5 pick. He could have EASILY traded it. You can argue VD or AJ, but you simply cannot argue TT does not want to build a winning team.

No my arguement is that he is not TALENTED enough to build a winning team and I believe the FACTS to date prove it.

Scott Campbell
09-16-2006, 10:50 AM
I love his quote abot guards being "a dime a dozen".

You just cited a blog by RetroJenks5. Maybe Ted actually said that, but you should really cite a better source.

RashanGary
09-16-2006, 10:51 AM
Rodgers
Collins
Poppinga
Montgomery

Underwood and Murphy might have helped but that is just part of the game. We'll see how it pans out.

That first draft wasn't great although it could be considered good if Rodgers is a good NFL QB. He took a big risk drafting a QB. It always is, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. We'll have to wait and see.

As far as the next draft goes, I have alot of confidence. He seems to have taken more straight up players and less projects.

Hawk
Colledge *I think he's going to redeem himself this week*
Jennings
Spitz
Hodge
Blackmon
Tony Moll
Ingle Martin
Jolly

Everyone here except Martin who is a rookie QB and Blackmon who has been injured has shown the ability to play. We might get more starters from this one draft than Sherman did in 4 years of picks. Does it help us a whole hell of a lot today to have a great draft? NOt really, those guys have to mature into their primes to really make a positive difference. Will it effect how we see Thompson over time *big picture*? You bet your bottom dollar it will. You cannot judge the guy after one season. YOu cannot judge after 2. You have to let his draft picks go for 2 or 3 years before we know. We won't really know for another 4 or 5 years however we should see signs of improvement as early as next season. If not, I'll start to question him too.

Tarlam!
09-16-2006, 10:56 AM
No my arguement is that he is not TALENTED enough to build a winning team and I believe the FACTS to date prove it.

Perhaps that's what you wanted to argue, but that's not what you wrote at all.

I also don't buy what you have agued now. The FACT is, we are 4-12 and 0-1 after 17 TT led games. Right now, your agument would appear to hold.

I am a patient person, and woe be tied I will not declare TT a failure until his tenure is done and dusted and his record speaks.

Packnut
09-16-2006, 10:56 AM
I love his quote abot guards being "a dime a dozen".

You just cited a blog by RetroJenks5. Maybe he actually said that, but you should really cite a better source.

The "dime a dozen" quote was in the JSO also. I remember reading it and thinking " then I wish someone would give this guy a dime".

Tarlam!
09-16-2006, 10:58 AM
Packnut is correct in maintaing TT said dimadozen in NFL...

bbbffl66
09-16-2006, 12:43 PM
If he wasn't trying to win right now, why did he sign Woodson? He's got the talented youthful prospect in Carroll. And, if he didn't care about winning this season, why on earth would he pick up Koren Robinson? He's a stop-gap for this year's kick returns.
He picked up woodson because of the positive PR he could get. With Brett asking why the team wasn't getting any FA's, TT needed to do something. The KR signing was signing one of "his" people. Loyalty, pure and simple. While that trait is admirable, it was still a risky move.

woodbuck27
09-16-2006, 12:57 PM
With each passing week, more and more fans finally figure it out. Those who support TT and criticize those who don't keep falling back on the same excuses-give him more time and it's to early to tell. They will tell you that this is normal cause we were good for so long, now we need to rebuild. They say we're to inpatient and we should'nt expect to win.

However I would challenge them to deal in cold hard facts and show us all the great moves TT has made, cause I can sure show a lot of them that were STUPID. His mistakes to success ratio is poor at best. It is unfortunate that only time will settle this debate. One thing is certain, it's gonna be just as painfull for those who support TT as for those who don't.

Packnut;

Member's here will take a stance to either support the evidence that Ted Thompson has made several errors as OUR GM or not.

Such is "the reality", that YOU and I must face ..be brought to task, to decide whether or not we can deal with?

That position in me will be a given. I don't just lend myself to trust TT based on observation and things he's done that I question.

I choose this position today,as I feel I must.

Given the "in OUR face" evidence, that Ted Thompson isn't performing as the GM, that I believe we deserve.

I no longer choose to make any excuse's for Ted Thompson, based on an assumption of he needs time to adjust to a learning curve.

I am strong... as YOU appear to me to be Packnut. You and I are people (just Packer fans) who make observation's of Ted Thompson and call a spade a spade.

I can well understand opposition to OUR positions at PACKERRATS. :mrgreen:

I " in fact ", respect ALL member's that post at PACKERRATS. I will not choose, to always agree with some... if their position's support damage to OUR Packers.

YOU and I will... decide whether or not to " toss the snowballs" as we are challenged to do.

Some here will support us, (maybe), other's ONLY in silence. Still other member's here, will continue to excuse Ted Thompson, till one by one even they realize, their FAITH and TRUST in Ted Thompson is fruitless... if he can't get us back to being a winner.

It's sad for me to see Ted Thompson ignore REAL needs, and make moves that defy common sense. Make moves that will in all liklihood inevitably secure, ONLY a stop gap measure toward's the success that OUR Team should be enjoying today.

A win over the N.O. Saints, tomorrow?

Maybe, in spite of all that is really BAD with OUR Team, we may manage to secure that win.

Yet, much to the chagrin of a member/members here, that desire as many loss's as possible in 2006.

That turns my stomach. That is clearly wrong. That's NOT cool.

Hang in Packer fan. I am pretty much in agreement with YOU Packnut. :mrgreen:

Win tomorrow or loose?

I believe strongly that Ted Thompson is deluded into believing he has all the answers "in the DRAFT "; when competence as a GM must be measured, in his ability to reason and react better for the overall good of the Green Bay Packer Organization, on a daily basis.

It's not right, to sacrifice the current overall hopes/faith of OUR existing Packer Roster... to failure.Our Vets deserve his full support and it hasn't arrived again in 2006.

Failure described in losing matchup's over and over, at the expense of Packer fans and the Packer Roster. Only as a means to serve or attend to... Ted Thompson's EGO and delusion, that he is the answer to lead us to the upper ranks of the NFL ,little more another Super Bowl.

This season is totally on the head of Ted Thompson. I sense strongly, that Ted Thompson's Boss's (must intervene) Packnut, and get a proper GM in place.

I have absolutely, no pick on OUR HC and his staff. Ted Thompson hired OUR HC, Mike McCarthy.

It's my observation, that Mike McCarthy endeavour's to do the BEST he can with the players supplied by Ted Thompson. To coach OUR Team, the BEST he can, with Ted Thompson's way winning out in his neglect of OUR OL.That has to concern OUR HC ,the Coaching staff ,players and Packer fans to a more or less degree.

The evidence is weighing in, that TT has failed the 2006 Edition of the Green Bay Packers. He didn't focus on needs that are perfectly obvious... for any REAL chance of having a decent Season in 2006.

He sacrificed the work and preperation of a vast majority of really dedicated Packers. Rather choosing to satify his selfish agenda to secure a high draft pick.

That cannot be refuted here, with proper support for a counter position.

Hang in there Packnut. :mrgreen:

woodbuck27
09-16-2006, 01:43 PM

The move to pick up WR/KR/PR Koren Robinson is clearly wrong in anticipating anything fr, him except for the immediate future as it now stands. Will he will actually play today isn't the question that must be properly asked.

There we go.

Has Left CB Charles Woodon lived up to your expectations?

He hasn't shown me what I would expect... if I was sitting in TT's chair and handing Charles Woodson, $10 Million as a FA.

Man did he ever take Ted down. It's not over.

Charles Woodson has to date been a disappointment, in his overall attitude. He had that same attitude in Oakland and ...

Ted Thompson had to know that.

Given that Ted Thompson did know that C.Woodson is in decline ( note his injury history) now ...add to that fact.

That certainly, in the eyes (minds) of Raider fans, Charles Woodson became a thorne in their eye. A former Pro Bowler with a poor attitude, that was always there, yet forgiven in his once solid play.

We needed to acquire a TEAMGUY..a player with an unselfish ability to lead the packers as a leader does. ala Favre and Ahman Green..

I believe that we are going to see that Charles Woodson is just another Ted Thompson mistake. It's certainly been nothing but headed that way sine TT acquired him... in late April 2006.

How has DT Ryan Pickett looked ( some good and bad there ) How about Marques Manuel? How about ben Taylor.

Maybe Ben Taylor get the call today at SAM? Is Brady Poppinga the answer at SAM? He's (B.P.)taken some heat hasn't he but he was likely rushed into the game as a frontline SAM when Taylor had practised for a lot longer to enable his oplay there?

Oh. That is on OUR HC and Linebackers Coach. Ted Thompson doesn't interfere in what goes on down on the field. Sure.

drayge
09-16-2006, 02:10 PM
While I'm not entirely in TT's camp, I think this is getting ugly.

TT is looking for young playmakers - something that hasn't been a priority in GB since Ron Wolf. Those TT haters criticize those fans who want less wins for higher picks (a policy, by the way, I disagree with) - I see some of the same from several of you - who seem to want TT's players to fail so that you can justify this decision that he is at fault for the Packer's fall from the top. Right now Ted Thompson is the identity of the Green Bay Packers. While I'm not saying you can't disagree with his decisions, I think there is this mindset that almost hopes for this team to fail, so that Thompson would be fired. I find that just as wrong as anyone who wants to lose for draft picks.

woodbuck27
09-16-2006, 02:57 PM
While I'm not entirely in TT's camp, I think this is getting ugly.

TT is looking for young playmakers - something that hasn't been a priority in GB since Ron Wolf. Those TT haters criticize those fans who want less wins for higher picks (a policy, by the way, I disagree with) - I see some of the same from several of you - who seem to want TT's players to fail so that you can justify this decision that he is at fault for the Packer's fall from the top. Right now Ted Thompson is the identity of the Green Bay Packers. While I'm not saying you can't disagree with his decisions, I think there is this mindset that almost hopes for this team to fail, so that Thompson would be fired. I find that just as wrong as anyone who wants to lose for draft picks.

dratge:

Your take on my position is far from accurate.

1.) I don't "in any fashion" want to see any Packer player's fail on the field of play nor OUR Packers fail in the win / loss column.

It's quite the opposite in my TRUST/HOPE for " the Packers ". They are deserving of the full support of OUR GM, Ted Thompson... to ONLY WIN in 2006.

2.) I would never allow myself to hate anyone ,as that is a pathetic and unfair response from/for me.

To ever allow any hiuman being that POWER, over who I am as a person, would be clearly wrong. :mrgreen:

I trust that I will never turn to hatred, as a response to any -ve that I may "in fact" endure in my life. I have never, since I was a small boy allowed hatred to dominate me.

Fortunately, I was raised by Parents, Relatives and mentors to determine a far better response within myself, than anything as self destructive as HATRED.

I certainly don't nor will I ever hate Ted Thompson.

He is a mere man, just as you and I (assuming that your a male), who has his struggles, good and bad days, success's and failures. He's simply like us..human.

Yet, as the GM of 'the Packers" I do expect Ted Thompson to never sacrifice today for a dubious tomorrow .

Today, I still support the Vet Packers, that deserve Ted Thompson's full support, in order to be realistically competitive, winner's NOT loser's in 2006.

Please don't confuse my position with another (maybe other's) that clearly admit an agenda (or desire) to realize defeat, and possibly adversity as an outcome in 2006 to elevate OUR position in next April's draft.

Why would anyone go there?

To sadly and merely attain the BEST possible draft position at the expense of Packers, that desire so much to win football games, certainly NOT loose footbal games. That is hardly the correct response from a Professional standpoint.

That stance of welcoming failure in 2006 is absolutely... against ALL that I stand for, dratge.

K? :idea:

Tarlam!
09-16-2006, 03:19 PM
This is a novel.

I wonder what it says... :crazy:

woodbuck27
09-16-2006, 04:36 PM
Rodgers
Collins
Poppinga
Montgomery

Underwood and Murphy might have helped but that is just part of the game. We'll see how it pans out.

That first draft wasn't great although it could be considered good if Rodgers is a good NFL QB. He took a big risk drafting a QB. It always is, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. We'll have to wait and see.

As far as the next draft goes, I have alot of confidence. He seems to have taken more straight up players and less projects.

Hawk
Colledge *I think he's going to redeem himself this week*
Jennings
Spitz
Hodge
Blackmon
Tony Moll
Ingle Martin
Jolly

Everyone here except Martin who is a rookie QB and Blackmon who has been injured has shown the ability to play. We might get more starters from this one draft than Sherman did in 4 years of picks. Does it help us a whole hell of a lot today to have a great draft? NOt really, those guys have to mature into their primes to really make a positive difference. Will it effect how we see Thompson over time *big picture*? You bet your bottom dollar it will. You cannot judge the guy after one season. YOu cannot judge after 2. You have to let his draft picks go for 2 or 3 years before we know. We won't really know for another 4 or 5 years however we should see signs of improvement as early as next season. If not, I'll start to question him too.

Now that is exactly what I need from any member of this Forum.

An upfront honest and supported post. A post to examine, in some sense of "the positive". Not ever a stance that losing in 2006 is a good to great thing... Gregjennings.

I don't enjoy any agenda of Packers predestined to loose, because of poor planning and action by OUR GM, who must step up his game to enable wins on some regular basis.

I entirely agree, that the loss of Marviel Underwood was a blow to Ted Thompson's need to have some REAL success from his first draft. We were experiencing Safety Underwood's maturing for us, GregJennings and his loss is a perceived blow ,a setback for Marviel and "the Packers".

FS Nick Collins has been OUR most productive pick so far in the 2005 Draft (2a)and has played well. He made the NFL ALL Rookie Team. In 17 games Collins has registered 91 tackles,1 pick and 7 pass's defensed.

Nick Collins registered 5 solo tackles and 2 assists last week in game one 2006 Vs. "the Bears".

Junius Coston ( Draft 2005, 5a ) is listed on OUR depth chart, as a backup at RG and RT. He's on the injury report with a knee injury. Dressed for 2 games and 0 starts.

Also, LB Kurt Campbell (Draft 2005, 7a) and on injured reserve - shoulder injury and not on OUR Depth chart,yet hanging in despite not alot of development? Campbell has been often injured. I believe he's a future cut. He hasn't started or dressed in any games.

LB - Brady Poppinga , 2005 Draft, 4b.
In 13 games, 36 tackles 30 solo / 6 assisted tackles and 2 sacks.

DT/DE Michael Montgomery (Draft 2005, 6a) listed on OUR Depth Chart as backup LDE to LDE Aaron Kampman, and also third string RDE. He's been in 13 games since the begining of 2005 and had a total of 23 tackles and 1 sack.

Finally, we have #2 QB Aaron Rodgers, OUR 2005 Draft 1st Rd. pick.

The Shadow
09-16-2006, 08:08 PM
I rather like Thompson's moves.
The team was bad & getting worse.
Needed to be gutted.
He has my support.

woodbuck27
09-16-2006, 10:15 PM

I edited my post Tarlam. Thank You.

woodbuck27
09-16-2006, 10:17 PM
This is a novel.

I wonder what it says... :crazy:

NO... It's not CRAZY,Tarlam. :mrgreen:

woodbuck27
09-16-2006, 10:20 PM
I rather like Thompson's moves.
The team was bad & getting worse.
Needed to be gutted.
He has my support.

It's a good thing that not all here, absolutely or blindly, support Ted Thompson. :mrgreen:

mmmdk
09-16-2006, 10:26 PM
I think I just OD'ed...trying to read this threeeead :shock:

Bretsky
09-16-2006, 10:29 PM
I'm going to give our GM some time building the team before completely judging him.

That being said, I didn't think he needed to completely gut this team. Id have liked to witness the team remain competitive through a good mixture of quality free agent signings and draft picks.

But with the way GB went about free agency it appears the gutting has commmenced. As a result we have little chance of success "this" year. Maybe his strategy, if it remains the same, will give us greater success in the future after a few high draft pick seasons. But I can't cheer for the team to fail so my views on TT are based on the now rather than the later.

So far my view of him is that he is better than average on the draft and borderline fool with managing players with disputes and and free agency. The latter view stems as a result of his perceived lack of effort in dealing with Javon Walker and how he chose to use the 35MIL we had going into this year for free agency.

MJZiggy
09-16-2006, 10:32 PM
B, I'm just curious, you said the team didn't need to be gutted. Who did TT cut that you wanted to keep?

Bretsky
09-16-2006, 10:46 PM
B, I'm just curious, you said the team didn't need to be gutted. Who did TT cut that you wanted to keep?

To me gutting the team involves choosing go with an overabundance of youth rather than using free agency to remain competitive while adding youthful talent. Green Bay lacked depth. I don't blame TT for letting any of the vets go. I did like Nail Diggs and Ruegy, but I don't blame him for letting them walk. I'd have handed Javon a lot differently. And I'd have got involved in free agency early and often and used up that money. That's just me; I'm a win now kind of guy.

B

MJZiggy
09-16-2006, 10:56 PM
See, B, that explains it. We are just varying by definition here. I see the gutting as the part where he gets rid of those that are not performing as TT thinks they should be and the rest of it more issues in the rebuilding process. The one person gone that I'm still sad about is Samkon. Not even for performance. I hoped beyond hope that he would pull it together but I will still miss watching his smiling happy interviews. *heavy sigh* And before you dump all over TT, let's see if your Dragon team can pull off a win this week...it seems your vets and TT's rooks have the same record at the moment

Bretsky
09-16-2006, 11:05 PM
See, B, that explains it. We are just varying by definition here. I see the gutting as the part where he gets rid of those that are not performing as TT thinks they should be and the rest of it more issues in the rebuilding process. The one person gone that I'm still sad about is Samkon. Not even for performance. I hoped beyond hope that he would pull it together but I will still miss watching his smiling happy interviews. *heavy sigh* And before you dump all over TT, let's see if your Dragon team can pull off a win this week...it seems your vets and TT's rooks have the same record at the moment

Haha; I was sad to see Samkon go as well. But apparently the coaches were not happy with his progress. Yes, the Dragons. I sure wish we could play GB.

Cheers,
B

woodbuck27
09-17-2006, 12:29 AM
"Packnut"]http://community.foxsports.com/blogs/RetroJenks5/2006/01/08/The_Green_Bay_Packers_Ted_Thompsons_Team

Just some of the "questionable" moves made by TT.

I love his quote abot guards being "a dime a dozen". Yeah, tell me this guy gives hope for the future.

As for the Seattle connection.

My understanding from reading, is that TT's time in Seattle was more or less a "group" effort. Holmgren had a good deal of input on picks.

I have decided this article/blog despite being written early this year,
should be visable here on PACKERRATS:

The Green Bay Packers: Ted Thompson's Team?

Jan 08, 2006 | 12:04AM |

It is widely known that the Green Bay Packers are the only team in professional sports without an ownership group, instead being owned by a number of stockholders who have zero say in the direction the team heads and don't see a dime of the profit.

Don't think that it is all gravy though, a big ego in the wrong place can still be a problem for players and fans alike.

In this case I have to bring up Packers' Executive V.P., General Manager & Director of Football Operations Ted Thompson, who replaced Mike Sherman as the Packers GM.

Many questioned Mike Sherman's draft strategy when he held both titles so Packers CEO Bob Harlan stripped him down to just coach and hired Ted Thompson from the Seahawks to man the higher of the two positions.

Thompson's first duty was to figure out if he was to keep Sherman, who he eventually granted a contract extension to remain the 13th head coach in Packers' history. Thompson seemed to be a good hire since he served in the Packers front office for 8 years, and most recently was the Seattle Seahawks V.P. of Football Operations since 2000. Not to mention that he seemingly fit the Packers with his strong draft history with Shaun Alexander, Darrell Jackson, Marcus Trufant and more under his belt.

When he was hired in January of 2005 he seemed like a good hire, in January of 2006 the jury still seems to be out and the rumor is the death penalty. Calling the Packers a downfall this last season would be an understatement at the very least and the hints were there since Thompson began pulling his rank.

Prior to the 2005 season starting Ted made a number of moves, or lack of moves that may have sealed the Packers fate.

First he refused to offer guards Mike Wahle and Marco Rivera contracts. Two players who helped anchor one of the best running offenses in the NFL the last several years. Thompson believed and stated that guards in this league were a "dime a dozen." What kind of impact would this have on the Packers running and passing game?

2004 Rushing YPG: 119 Yards ----- 2005 Rushing YPG: 85 Yards

2004 Sacks Allowed: 12 ----- 2005 Sacks Allowed: 24

Before the season kicked off Thompson made a surprising move, deciding to place Safety Darren Sharper on waivers in a strictly financial decision. There's an error at this point, Thompson decides to cut the defensive leader for salary purposes instead of a player like DT Cledius Hunt who was known as a distraction to begin with and was cut by midseason anyway.

In the pre-2005 Mike Sherman era the Packers defense wasn't good but it was known as a productive defense in causing turnovers, especially at the Safety position. Let's see how Ted's move helped that aspect of the Packers game.

2004 Safety Interceptions: 5 ----- 2005 Safety Interceptions: 2

2004 Safety Touchdowns: 2 ----- 2005 Safety Touchdowns: 0

Darren Sharper moved on to the Minnesota Vikings to intercept 9 passes and return 2 for touchdowns during the 2005 season. Sounds like a player that the Packers would've gladly paid for doesn't it? Can't a team easily go from 10-6 to 4-12 in one season when it loses that much production?

I'm only through two blunders and anyone who watches the Packers could've told old Ted that they will come up and bite him.

Mistake #1: Getting rid of two guards on an offense that relies heavily on the rush. Production? Dropped... Big Time.

Mistake #2: Getting rid of a ball hog for financial reasons. Losing 9 interceptions, two touchdowns and a vocal leader. Production? One of the worst turnover ratios in the league.

However, Ted tried.

After cutting Darren Sharper he picks up cheaper Safety Arturo Freeman from Miami. Oops. He's cut during the preseason. Solution now? Rookie Nick Collins who gets to join second year players Ahmad Carroll and Joey Thomas in the secondary.Ted didn't see a problem here.

Oh how far we have ventured.

It's week one and Javon Walker tears his ACL. He's gone for the season. One weapon down, many more will go. Let's forward quickly through the first half of the season.

Najeh Davenport breaks his ankle. He's gone for the season.

Ahman Green tears three knee ligaments. He's gone for the season.

If you're keeping count before midseason the Packers are out a Pro-Bowl WR, a Pro-Bowl RB and their back-up RB. It's time to get someone here to replace them isn't it?

According to Ted. No.

Instead he decides to try to squeeze every drop out of the end of the depth chart and players who don't belong on an NFL team as a starting receiver or back. Walt Williams, Andrae Thurman, Reshard Lee, there's no fix in the making in Green Bay this season.

The year ran down Tony Fisher got hurt and missed games, so did Robert Ferguson and so did Bubba Franks.

The fact is the Packers went with unknowns to fill HUGE gaps because someone in the front office either didn't care to win or didn't want to spend money to do it. The Packers got lucky with Samkon Gado, hey, he was practically free. Start the second string runningback of Liberty College anyone? ANYONE?!?

So. The season runs down and the Packers end the year with a 4-12 record AND the fifth pick in the 2006 draft.

Black Monday comes around and Thompson decides to fire Mike Sherman.

Now I know that some Packer fans were calling for Sherman's job but I have to ask why. I was one of those that believed that Sherman should not have held the GM title, for starters it was his first pro-head coaching job anyway. Do you give the janitor the combination to the safe? No, absolutely not and Sherman proved his lack of experience during his time as GM.

The fact. As head coach of the Green Bay Packers and even after a 4-12 season Mike Sherman held a 57-39 record. Not to shabby for his GM shortcomings if you ask me. So yes, I am one who defended his job as head coach. Face it, the man was dealt an impossible hand this season.

No one could've won in the situation that the Packers were in with the lack of helping the team via the draft or free agency and the injuries that hampered them all year long.

Even the great Vince Lombardi would've threw his hat down and said, "What the hell is going on around here?"

In this sense what is the variable that changed from the Packers success from 1992-2004 and 2005? Brett Favre was still the quarterback. Both Mikes (Holmgren and Sherman) had success as Packers' head coaches.

It seems that Ted Thompson himself is the one who should shoulder most of the blame since he has not continued the winning tradition this franchise has build over the last decade and a half.

Now Brett Favre is facing retirement. He can't base his decision on the direction the Packers are headed since no one knows and the front office wont breath a word to him. This may be the straw that broke the camels back, not only for Favre but for Thompson as GM.

If Favre retires Thompson will shoulder that blame. Fans will look at Sherman being fired as the primary reason no matter what Brett says his reasons are since he already said that he probably wouldn't return if Sherman were fired.

Listen. I don't care about Thompson's search for a head coach. He has 8 potential coaches on his list and it doesn't contain the likes of Steve Mariucci whom would fit perfectly in the Packers' West Coast Offense.

Maybe he didn't hear 68,000 fans chanting "one more year" for Brett Favre. Perhaps he doesn't even care.

It would explain why everything is so tight lipped and why the Packers seem to be on a five-year plan when they do have the pieces in place to win it next year, if healthy. I want players and that has been something that in one year Thompson has pushed out the door instead of welcoming into Lambeau.

Thompson has a lot to prove and better prove it soon. He owes the fans and someone like Favre straightforward answers. Which way is the franchise going and how are you going to get them there?

We shall see...

woodbuck27
09-17-2006, 01:30 AM
Management is ruining the Packers' reputation

LITTLE FALLS, Minn. — I want to express simple disgust in how the organization of the Green Bay Packers has fallen. I'm not saying I am looking for a Super Bowl win every year, but I blame management for putting an uncompetitive team on the field. Where is our pride and our intelligence in running this organization? It is hard seeing management running an organization into the ground over the past few years.

I have been a Packers fan for all 37 years of my life and never have I seen less heart in a team and coaching staff than this year. Poor choices from management to coaching have left us looking at another four-win year, or worse.

I have been in upper management for many years and would not have a job if I were to run a company like the management of the Packers is running the organization.

Mike Zawatzke

Scott Campbell
09-17-2006, 01:01 PM
Nevermind.

digitaldean
09-17-2006, 05:44 PM
Woody,

Overall, there are too many incomplete items to give TT a grade.

From what can be graded:

Hawk: positive
Jennings: positive
Poppinga: leaning toward negative
Cullen Jenkins: positive
Koren Robinson: negative - no matter how talented
Cory Rodgers: negative

As for letting Longwell go, he never even let the Packers provide an offer. As soon as he got an offer from the Vikes, he was gone.

As for Wahle, yes, I wished he would have done more to keep him, but we were up against it at the time capwise. Plus the Panthers were offering WAY more plus the promise to start at tackle.

Sharper, it was OK in letting him go.

The biggest negative thing TT has is his perpetual desire to find the diamond in the rough. Junius Coston, Mike Hawkins, Will Whitaker, Cory Rodgers just don't have it. Not terribly keen on the constant tradedowns in the draft.

Harlan/Jones won't can TT anyway unless it gets to be like under Ray Rhodes' regime (discipline-wise).

As for McCarthy, if he sinks by end of next season, the SS Ted Thompson will go down with him.

The Shadow
09-17-2006, 05:50 PM
Doing the job right will take some time.
Blindly expecting the team to perpetually win year after year is unrealistic. Patching the steadily sinking ship year after year was not the answer, either.
Thompson is rebuilding; a truly championship-quality team is the goal, and the hysterical will just have to take the bumpy process.
Yelling for the man's head because he is trying to build a winner and it's not happening overnight is awfully immature & unrealistic.

BallHawk
09-17-2006, 05:56 PM
I totally agree with your remarks, Dean. But there's no way McCarthy goes unless the Packers look worse than last year.

Drafting TT has made a positive impact on the team. In the first three rounds he has made his picks count. Collins, Jennings, Hawk, Hodge, and probably Rodgers. If the team doesn't improve next season, his ass is probably gone.

IMO, next year will a good year. Each player will gain a year in experience, especially the O-line, because they need it. Favre may not come back, but I have confidence in A-Rod. For next season I see our biggest need being RB.

BTW, if any body has a subscription to KFFL, could you post the list of 2007 Free Agents please.

Fritz
09-17-2006, 06:03 PM
As I said in another thread, if it's any consolation Lions fans are SCREAMING for Matt Millen's head, and are all confident the Lions will lose to the Pack next week.

Lions' fans have a point about the GM; Packer fans don't - yet. Everyone who's associated with football points out that it's ridiculous to grade a draft until three years have passed, yet so many critics out there think TT should be fired now. WTF?? His first draft class is in the beginning - the beginning - of its second year. It's frankly too soon. Sure, it's frustrating right now, but it had to be frustrating to be a Cinci fan three years ago, and now that team has an offensive line and playmakers that have been together long enough to start cooking.

This offensive line will be much better by the end of the year. And next year it will be even better. Look at Colledge - already he has improved since preseason, and people online said he played okay today.

If, after next year, the Packers are not CLEARLY on the way up - I mean headed to the playoffs with a legitimate chance to go to the championship game - then TT's time will be up. But he's only had one season; it's too soon to throw him under the bus. Remember how frustrated Seattle fans were three years ago, too.

Scott Campbell
09-17-2006, 06:06 PM
But I need instant gratification. What about my needs?

BallHawk
09-17-2006, 06:06 PM
I agree Fritz. I think it a legitimate hope for the Pack to finish with at least 7 wins this year, a playoff spot next year, and a championship caliber team in 2008.

digitaldean
09-17-2006, 06:21 PM
I totally agree with your remarks, Dean. But there's no way McCarthy goes unless the Packers look worse than last year.

BTW, if any body has a subscription to KFFL, could you post the list of 2007 Free Agents please.

Don't have a KFFL subscription, but here's what I found thus far of the bigger names (source- footballsfuture.com):
QB: Chris Simms, Matt Schaub, Patrick Ramsay
RB: Tiki Barber, Ahman Green, Michael Turner (SD), Chris Brown (Tenn), Ladell Betts (Wash), Correll Buckhalter (Eagles), Nick Goings (Carolina), Michael Pittman (TB)
WR: Drew Bennett (Tenn), Kevin Curtis (St. Louis), David Boston (TB), Jerome Pathon (Atl), Kelley Washington (Cinn)
TE: Eric Johnson (SF), Kyle Brady (Jax), Jerramy Stevens (Seattle)
OL: Leonard Davis (T- Ariz), Mike Gandy (T- Buffalo), Levi Jones, (Cinn), Roman Oben (SD), Floyd Womack (Seattle)
DL: Hollis Thomas, (NO), Jared Allen (restricted - KC), Vonnie Holliday (Miami)
LB: Lance Briggs (Chi), Cato June (Colts), Nail Diggs (Carolina), London Fletcher (Buffalo), Randall Godfrey (SD), Rob Morris (Colts)
DB: Nate Clements (Buffalo), Ken Hamlin (Seattle), John Lynch (Denver), Nick Harper (Colts)
K: Nate Kaeding (SD), Rian Lindell (Buffalo)

jack's smirking revenge
09-17-2006, 06:23 PM
What a YICKY free agent class next year.... TT better pull out another magical draft. Remember: we got Ahman via a draft day trade.

tyler

digitaldean
09-17-2006, 06:25 PM
What a YICKY free agent class next year.... TT better pull out another magical draft. Remember: we got Ahman via a draft day trade.

tyler

Of course, this doesn't include the FAW's (Free Agent Wannabe's) who want to pull a Javon Walker or Deion Branch maneuver. :wink:

And please...no Jerry Porter!! :beat:

Bossman641
09-17-2006, 06:32 PM

Don't have a KFFL subscription, but here's what I found thus far of the bigger names (source- footballsfuture.com):
RB: Tiki Barber, Ahman Green, Michael Turner (SD), Chris Brown (Tenn), Ladell Betts (Wash), Correll Buckhalter (Eagles), Nick Goings (Carolina), Michael Pittman (TB)
WR: Drew Bennett (Tenn), Kevin Curtis (St. Louis), David Boston (TB), Jerome Pathon (Atl), Kelley Washington (Cinn)
OL: Leonard Davis (T- Ariz), Mike Gandy (T- Buffalo), Levi Jones, (Cinn), Roman Oben (SD), Floyd Womack (Seattle)
LB: Lance Briggs (Chi), Cato June (Colts), Nail Diggs (Carolina), London Fletcher (Buffalo), Randall Godfrey (SD), Rob Morris (Colts)
DB: Nate Clements (Buffalo), Ken Hamlin (Seattle), John Lynch (Denver), Nick Harper (Colts)

There are a few guys in here that I like.
Michael Turner
Kelley Washington
Lance Briggs

Fritz
09-17-2006, 06:39 PM

That's what my wife is for. Doncha remember?

woodbuck27
09-17-2006, 06:50 PM

Scott I read your post above and I thought about it.

First thought:

I wish I had the time to explain my LIFE to YOU and acquaint YOU with all I have to be "in myself" to deal with people I LOVE and their needs for instant gratification.

Second thought: :idea:

I am wondering how sarcasm plays out "in Heaven or Hell"? :mrgreen:

motife
09-17-2006, 07:28 PM

There are a few guys in here that I like.
Michael Turner
Kelley Washington
Lance Briggs

I'd sign Vonnie Holliday, Nail Diggs and Najeh Davenport.

woodbuck27
09-17-2006, 09:27 PM
"digitaldean"]Woody,

I am going to resond inside your post digitaldean

Overall, there are too many incomplete items to give TT a grade.

From what can be graded:

Hawk: positive

(wb27... check)

Jennings: positive

(wb27... check)

Poppinga: leaning toward negative

( wb27... real talent and maybe he's being pushed a tad to soon..give himmore of a backup role and use him to his strength's.Popp has proven to be a value on ST's too)

Cullen Jenkins: positive

(check...a young 25 yr.old and developing DL with versatility as he can play DT/DE)

Koren Robinson: negative - no matter how talented

( wb27...just on an ethical basis thinking only of his needs /problems and the proper attention he must pay to his alcoholism, he didn't need more enabling. If Ted Thompson was to read this, haha...I'm advising him to strongly encourage that KR get proper HELP ASAP, and support him through that, not otherwise as in playing time now with us. NOT any gurantee's but

"come back here for a talk once you are really ready,Koren". TT has to get smart fast here, or it will blow up in his face. This move is like a nerved up bloak waving a loaded gun in a crowded room. DANGEROUS for Ted Thompson.)

Cory Rodgers: negative

(wb27... what was that all about? )

As for letting Longwell go, he never even let the Packers provide an offer. As soon as he got an offer from the Vikes, he was gone.

(wb27...Yes... Longwell wanted out and to kick in a DOME )

As for Wahle, yes, I wished he would have done more to keep him, but we were up against it at the time capwise. Plus the Panthers were offering WAY more plus the promise to start at tackle.

(wb27...That was about timing. It had to be done ASAP and it wasn't and Wahle did what you or i would.Leave a Team in decline for the BIG paycheck and a real shot at a ring.Trouble is we certainly needed him and I believe hhe would be with us today if TT had showed him the money. I read a quote fr. Mike Wahle that said clearly he wanted to remain a Packer.TT drug his feet as he has a penchat to do and ..see ya.)

[b]TT at other times acts a tad hasty.

Sharper, it was OK in letting him go.

(wb27...Sharper wasn't happy in Green Bay either,like Ryan Lonwell and age was a factor in meeting his needs and really his play was in decline with us but he rebounded with a Pro Bowl appearance in Minny. Good for him, but againhe wanted more or he was out... that seldom plays :mrgreen: )

The biggest negative thing TT has is his perpetual desire to find the diamond in the rough. ** Junius Coston, Mike Hawkins, Will Whitaker, Cory Rodgers just don't have it. Not terribly keen on the constant tradedowns in the draft.

(wb27...** Junius still may develop. I liked what his play in College promised us. Do you recall the report of all the pancake blocks he accounted for. If he doesn't find that again he may be making alot of pancakes at the pancake House.)

Harlan/Jones won't can TT anyway unless it gets to be like under Ray Rhodes' regime (discipline-wise).

(wb27... Bob Harlan will soon be gone and I really believe this will get bad, If "the Packers" don't start to string some wins this season.Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy are going to be facing some serious HEAT as Packer fans are not going to support losing as we did fr. 1970 - till WOLF - Holmgren -Favre)

As for McCarthy, if he sinks by end of next season, the SS Ted Thompson will go down with him.

(wb27... Why TRUST to wait one more season... if we loose? We have been since TT arrived? Today, since OUR GM Ted Thompson, we are .....
4 W -14 L ,or a losing percentage of 0.222 and that is dreadful. How many scapegoats are they going to have to determine?

I am a straight up person... digitaldean. I expect the straight up from anyone, and certainly that the GM of the TEAM I LOVE is competent ,honest,alert and that is spelled "straight up everyday" that he's OUR GM.

Some of us are not far apart as we do support OUR position's " with the facts", not just with pronouncements of faith and trust, and well he did this or that right and that has to count for...whatever.

I really only want the BEST for OUR team. I certainly don't hold for any Bullshit or scapegoating tactics. ) :mrgreen:

Scott Campbell
10-16-2011, 11:26 AM
NO... It's not CRAZY,Tarlam. :mrgreen:

Pure gold.

ThunderDan
10-16-2011, 11:50 AM
Pure gold.

I forgot how much Woodbuck hated TT. I always remembered the BF "woodie". Thanks for the bump. Looks like the Shadow nailed it on the head years ago.

Gunakor
10-16-2011, 02:32 PM
The biggest negative thing TT has is his perpetual desire to find the diamond in the rough.

This is good.

pbmax
10-16-2011, 05:07 PM
To be fair to Dean, Whitticker and Coston were terrible. Even those that agreed that the roster needed to be rebuilt weren't sure about all the lower round picks working out.

VegasPackFan
10-16-2011, 06:32 PM
HA HA!! Woodbuck, you've been DEBACLED!!!!

Zool
10-17-2011, 10:51 AM
There's a large helping of duh in this thread. Turns out that people hired to work for NFL teams are quite a bit smarter than people who post about it on an internet forum. Shocking revelation to say the least.

The Shadow
10-17-2011, 11:15 AM
I forgot how much Woodbuck hated TT. I always remembered the BF "woodie". Thanks for the bump. Looks like the Shadow nailed it on the head years ago.

The Shadow knows.........

Upnorth
10-17-2011, 11:16 AM
Before we all get on our high horse I would like to point out we have not won a single close game in our last 12 games. This is a team assembled by TT and he should be held accountable.

rbaloha1
10-17-2011, 11:40 AM
Before we all get on our high horse I would like to point out we have not won a single close game in our last 12 games. This is a team assembled by TT and he should be held accountable.

Irrelevant. TT assembles players -- does not coach them. IMO the super bowl counts as a close game victory.

In the history of the playoffs no team had as many players on injured reserve as the Packers and made the playoffs. This is a testament to TT and staff. Also check-out ex-Packers on NFL rosters -- its astonishing!

It would be nice to see McKenzie go to the Raiders and continue the Ron Wolf legacy.

rbaloha1
10-17-2011, 11:41 AM
To be fair to Dean, Whitticker and Coston were terrible. Even those that agreed that the roster needed to be rebuilt weren't sure about all the lower round picks working out.

What idiot was coaching then?

Cheesehead Craig
10-17-2011, 01:29 PM

Too funny!

Scott Campbell
10-18-2011, 11:20 AM
I forgot how much Woodbuck hated TT.

Hate is a pretty strong word. And that doesn't mean that I disagree with you.

sharpe1027
10-18-2011, 04:49 PM
Doing the job right will take some time.
Blindly expecting the team to perpetually win year after year is unrealistic. Patching the steadily sinking ship year after year was not the answer, either.
Thompson is rebuilding; a truly championship-quality team is the goal, and the hysterical will just have to take the bumpy process.
Yelling for the man's head because he is trying to build a winner and it's not happening overnight is awfully immature & unrealistic.

This post should be worth a million Packer Rat points. Don't spend them all in one place.

Deputy Nutz
10-18-2011, 06:07 PM
I just want the record to show that this is my first post in this thread.

pbmax
10-18-2011, 07:48 PM

I do miss his avatar.

pbmax
10-18-2011, 07:54 PM
This thread is so old there is a reference to poster GregJennings!

Scott Campbell
10-18-2011, 08:44 PM
I do miss his avatar.

That's about the only thing I miss. 3 things really stuck out about him:

1) He was wrong about basically everything.
2) He was incredibly smug.
3) As soon as it was obvious how wrong he was he disappeared mysteriously.

The Shadow
10-18-2011, 09:55 PM
Most of the Thompson detractors to this day cannot bear to admit they were wrong.
Period.

Bretsky
10-18-2011, 10:02 PM
Most of the Thompson detractors to this day cannot bear to admit they were wrong.
Period.

Here is one fomer detractor that is incredibly happy to admit I was wrong !!!!

MJZiggy
10-18-2011, 10:03 PM

I thought you already submitted a formal mea culpa on the matter. Would that make you an undetractor?

VegasPackFan
10-18-2011, 10:08 PM

He must have been a Bear fan.

cheesner
10-18-2011, 10:32 PM
The Detrators are still here. They just created a new login and pretend they knew all along TT was doing the right thing.

Lurker64
10-19-2011, 12:52 AM

The Packers have, however, gone 30 consecutive games without losing by 7 or more points, which is the second longest streak in the history of the NFL (the longest is 39, which was set by some Bears teams in the 40s.)

woodbuck27
10-19-2011, 01:51 AM

ând you SC are one certain trouble maker. You have that need ..to do all you can to incite 'just that' TROUBLE. Why would you feel the need to kick up a thread I started some five seasons ago.. . .at this time Scott? Are you (were you??) that desperate to kick me to the ground. Why NOT just let go man.

You and I must both go on one anothers IGNORE LISTS as this is the 'ONLY ' solution RE: you and I and that's because of you Scott. Here is that PROOF.

I have to place you on the ignore list and you will go on trying your very best to smear me here behind my back. I try my damnest to be a good and very positive poster here and you get off with this CRAP. Ever hear of stalking Scott? In Canada it's against the law.

How do I ignore you and this CRAP Scott? Do I allow you to post this obvious attempt to trash me. I'm on record now of fully supporting Ted Thompson and also you damn well know my disappointment in Brett Favre's behaviour RE: the smear campaign involving that chick fr. NY City. ... the telephone sex thingy.

STOP YOUR SMEARS Vs ME SCOTT. Finally I must post this:

Scott Campbell....ahh - - - - - - - !! Well you know and that's NOT proceeded with any PLEASE. Get off your personal vendetta Vs me PLEASE.

GO TED THOMPSON !

woodbuck27
10-19-2011, 02:02 AM

I too have admitted the same. My favourite Packer on the Packers today. Ted Thompson.

woodbuck27
10-19-2011, 02:10 AM
HA HA!! Woodbuck, you've been DEBACLED!!!!

Nope time changes some things man, then time cannot change some other thing. What a pity SC kicking up this thread now. A pathetic small man. So in that sense of understanding why this thread was resurrected... I'll defend still.

If I'm wrong I admit it and I move forward. What I posted back then I believed just as what I post today. It's called integrity where I come from.

Today I am a huge Ted Thompson fan, as I deserve to be as a Packer Fan of over 50 years.

GO TED THOMPSON !

Gunakor
10-19-2011, 05:07 AM
Good of you to admit when you're wrong Woody, but this is what people do on internet forums. Don't take it personal. Posters serve other posters biggie sized portions of crow every day. Here especially. You weren't the first, and you certainly won't be the last. It's just the nature of being an internet forum. Especially this one.

If you have the time and the drive to do so, why don't you just get him back? Dig through his post history, find something to make him eat crow for. Bump it. Give him a dose of his own medicine. We'll laugh at him too. Difference is, I'll bet he has thick enough skin to take it. He'd probably laugh at himself right along with us. It wouldn't bother him. That's my advice to you Woody. Laugh at yourself and move on. Don't let it bother you either.

pbmax
10-19-2011, 07:18 AM
I thought you already submitted a formal mea culpa on the matter. Would that make you an undetractor?

He is a retractor.

cheesner
10-19-2011, 09:37 AM
He is a retractor.

Retractor (v): To plow your field again.

For those of you who posted 5 years of non-stop character assassination of Ted Thompson you should expect and accept an equal duration of similar postings directed at yourself. Its in the internet 'Book of Rules' under the 'Chat Forum Etiquette' .

Bossman641
10-19-2011, 12:39 PM

http://media.tested.com/uploads/0/1986/17563-kenny_bania___gold__super.jpeg

mraynrand
10-19-2011, 12:53 PM
Your faith in the drafting talents of TT amaze me. He has done NOTHING to even give a glimmer of hope. If you think stock-piling high draft choices is the answer, then you don't have a clue. Several teams have gone that route with no success. A GM need's to be able to bring in the right FA's and mix them in with the youth and I'd say there has been enough evidence to point out that TT is lacking in player evaluation skills.

Sometimes when you're wrong, you're epically wrong. But this was five long years ago

Zool
10-19-2011, 12:57 PM
Sometimes when you're wrong, you're epically wrong. But this was five long years ago

Yeah but when you're wrong and you're an asshole about it, makes it a lot harder for everyone to forget. Especially when you continue to be an asshole after being proven wrong.

woodbuck27
10-19-2011, 11:08 PM
Good of you to admit when you're wrong Woody, but this is what people do on internet forums. Don't take it personal. Posters serve other posters biggie sized portions of crow every day. Here especially. You weren't the first, and you certainly won't be the last. It's just the nature of being an internet forum. Especially this one.

If you have the time and the drive to do so, why don't you just get him back? Dig through his post history, find something to make him eat crow for. Bump it. Give him a dose of his own medicine. We'll laugh at him too. Difference is, I'll bet he has thick enough skin to take it. He'd probably laugh at himself right along with us. It wouldn't bother him. That's my advice to you Woody. Laugh at yourself and move on. Don't let it bother you either.

Your bang on Gunakor. I have no problem with any poster disagreeing with my stances. Where I get testy is when I'm flamed and cannot resort to any reasonable defene of my personality, nationality and character without getting threatened by the mob. My history with SC goes way back. We've crossed swords several times and I was able to defend myself with dignity; but that detracts from the overall good atmosphere that should describe Packerrats in a healthy sense.

When is an attack too much?

For me to have to ignore any poster here is a detraction of the decent person I know I am. What happened to the concept of decency and mutual understanding without bashing and unseemly threats?

I awoke this morning and looked at this thread in a positive light. I see in it an opportunity to really examine the progress we've seen having TT as our teams GM. It took time but that man deserves so much credit. I once believed he'd never get there. Mabe that's my impatience and lack of fairness in terms of foresight. I was in the anti-Ted Thompson camp. I felt the tension that had to exist between TT and Brett Favre when he played so well for us in the end and got moved.

I've moved on. I'm fully on board with Aaron Rodgers now and actually am amazed at his awesome skills and killer QB qualites. I fully believe in Ted Thompson.

If posters here feel it's necessary to remind me of past stances or make me eat crow. I will only shake my head. Where I come from it's OK to be wrong and if any of those posters are always right I'd challenge them to try to take me down in an NFL skills competition and I'd warn them that their work will be cut out for them.

I know who I am. That's got a lot more to do with GOOD than BAD !

All's well that ends well. That's what I want for ' all posters ' here at PackerRats. Noone should have to place another on any IGNORE LIST; yet, it's suitably required when tensions are at the highest. When threads have reached the point of ridiculous. Required to protect PackerRats even at the sacrifice of a posters pride to defend.

I've always successfully defended myself Gunakor. I'm sorry if that piss's of ' the Flamer '. I'll NOT go away. I don't run from adversity, ever.

Those fellas will not remaine on my IGNORE LIST. Why can't we all better get along here? I still believe we can. We all just need to chill out a wee bit first. To allow time to simply. THINK.

GO GM TED THOMPSON and the GREEN BAY PACKERS !

VegasPackFan
10-19-2011, 11:36 PM
Nope time changes some things man, then time cannot change some other thing. What a pity SC kicking up this thread now. A pathetic small man. So in that sense of understanding why this thread was resurrected... I'll defend still.

If I'm wrong I admit it and I move forward. What I posted back then I believed just as what I post today. It's called integrity where I come from.

Today I am a huge Ted Thompson fan, as I deserve to be as a Packer Fan of over 50 years.

GO TED THOMPSON !

It's all good, I actually thought it was funny.

woodbuck27
10-19-2011, 11:46 PM
It's all good, I actually thought it was funny.

Yea. (-: PEACE OUT! Packer Fan. There's the bottom line. We all want the best for OUR beloved Packers. Like any society PackerRats has a multiple personalty disorder at times.

Long live our Packer HOME ! PackerRats.

Pugger
10-20-2011, 09:24 AM
Come on guys, let's not turn this place into the now extinct Sportsbubbler.

rbaloha1
10-20-2011, 11:01 AM
My goodness -- the Packers win a super bowl and in position for more.

Chill out and enjoy the ride.

Scott Campbell
10-20-2011, 11:34 AM

ând you SC are one certain trouble maker. You have that need ..to do all you can to incite 'just that' TROUBLE. Why would you feel the need to kick up a thread I started some five seasons ago.. . .at this time Scott? Are you (were you??) that desperate to kick me to the ground. Why NOT just let go man.

You and I must both go on one anothers IGNORE LISTS as this is the 'ONLY ' solution RE: you and I and that's because of you Scott. Here is that PROOF.

I have to place you on the ignore list and you will go on trying your very best to smear me here behind my back. I try my damnest to be a good and very positive poster here and you get off with this CRAP. Ever hear of stalking Scott? In Canada it's against the law.

How do I ignore you and this CRAP Scott? Do I allow you to post this obvious attempt to trash me. I'm on record now of fully supporting Ted Thompson and also you damn well know my disappointment in Brett Favre's behaviour RE: the smear campaign involving that chick fr. NY City. ... the telephone sex thingy.

STOP YOUR SMEARS Vs ME SCOTT. Finally I must post this:

Scott Campbell....ahh - - - - - - - !! Well you know and that's NOT proceeded with any PLEASE. Get off your personal vendetta Vs me PLEASE.

GO TED THOMPSON !

Helpful hint: If you read a little more carefully, you'll note that PB and I were talking about Packnut - not you.

But thanks for the hilariously misguided rant! :lol:

Scott Campbell
10-20-2011, 11:37 AM
We've crossed swords several times and I was able to defend myself with dignity...................

I must have missed that.

Seriously, I've seen monkeys at the zoo flinging poop with more dignity.

Scott Campbell
10-20-2011, 11:39 AM
What happened to the concept of decency and mutual understanding without bashing and unseemly threats?

Unseemly threats????

:lol:

Scott Campbell
10-20-2011, 11:42 AM
If posters here feel it's necessary to remind me of past stances or make me eat crow. I will only shake my head.

...........and then go off the deep end with another 50 wild eyed crazy ass rants that read like the Unibomber's Manifesto.

Scott Campbell
10-20-2011, 11:45 AM
Those fellas will not remaine on my IGNORE LIST. Why can't we all better get along here? I still believe we can. We all just need to chill out a wee bit first.

I guess not all of us have ice water running through their veins like you do. :lol:

Fritz
10-20-2011, 11:47 AM
Can't we all just get along?

Scott Campbell
10-20-2011, 11:49 AM
I have to place you on the ignore list and you will go on trying your very best to smear me here behind my back.

You would think I could find a little less public place to go behind your back like that. :lol:

Scott Campbell
10-20-2011, 11:52 AM

It's called acting like a demented old circus monkey where I'm from. :lol:

Scott Campbell
10-20-2011, 11:55 AM
If you have the time and the drive to do so, why don't you just get him back? Dig through his post history, find something to make him eat crow for. Bump it. Give him a dose of his own medicine. We'll laugh at him too. Difference is, I'll bet he has thick enough skin to take it. He'd probably laugh at himself right along with us. It wouldn't bother him.

Spot on. It doesn't take any time or drive if there's mountains of gold already out there. Search is your friend.

mraynrand
10-20-2011, 12:04 PM
Can't we all just get along?

no

Scott Campbell
10-20-2011, 12:07 PM
Mad can move the thread if he wants later. So enjoy it while it lasts.

Fritz
10-20-2011, 12:10 PM
no

Rodney King says to say hi.

woodbuck27
10-20-2011, 12:22 PM
no

Why NOT. I suppose SC is doing the side ways FLIP. Back to the REAL Scott Campbell. Whatever, I really do NOT give a damn anymore. It's over for me and I'm so glad to be able to ignore his attacks.

Really just that. I'm sick of his thoughtless stalking and attacks (his histrionics) when he has no idea who I really am. I've never deserved his BS. He'll always eliminate himself. I've never had any part in that inevitable result. I'm so done with anything Scott Campbell and planning on truly enjoying PackerRats and making the contribution I once attempted to make; way back when Packerrats was established.

GO PACKERRATS !!

Scott Campbell
10-20-2011, 01:19 PM
I've never had any part in that inevitable result.

It's always hard to pick your favorite line from a crazy rant, but I'm going to roll with this one for now.

mraynrand
10-20-2011, 02:00 PM
Rodney King says to say hi.

Reginald Denny says: "Screw you! - nothing personal" :lol:

mraynrand
10-20-2011, 02:06 PM
It's over for me .... (wait for it, wait for it)......

Really just that. I'm sick of his thoughtless stalking and attacks (his histrionics) ......

Nothing is over. Nothing is written!

Go back, blasphemer... but you will not be at Aqaba!
http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Film/Pix/pictures/2003/08/08/omar1a.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9S7yhD5M9A

mraynrand
10-20-2011, 02:13 PM
In related news:

Mexican clown convention holds 'laugh for peace'

http://news.yahoo.com/mexican-clown-convention-holds-laugh-peace-221739420.html

http://l3.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/7Lr3pKJAMAjqwlwJgfMcIQ--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7Zmk9aW5zZXQ7aD00MjA7cT04NTt3PTYzMA--/http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/News/ap_webfeeds/c21d1b6083bb0d17fc0e6a70670095a1.jpg

Scott Campbell
10-20-2011, 02:30 PM
In related news:

Mexican clown convention holds 'laugh for peace'

Canadian clowns are funnier.

Fritz
10-20-2011, 03:11 PM
...And ass clowns are the funniest of all.