PDA

View Full Version : Jaire

call_me_ishmael
11-27-2022, 09:26 PM
Kinda seems like Jaire is making some business decisions now that he has gotten paid. Do you agree? What’s up with that? Or is it just the zone softness throwing off his aggressive nature?

Joemailman
11-28-2022, 07:33 AM
Maybe his shoulder injury from last year is a factor.

texaspackerbacker
11-28-2022, 09:46 AM
I didn't see softness. What I did see was Jaire getting beat way too many times for being the highest paid shutdown Corner in the league.

King Friday
11-28-2022, 12:58 PM
I thought Jaire played well last night. He wasn’t outstanding, but solid. I think the issue was that on a few occasions, he came up and made a tackle on a guy who was not his primary responsibility. That made it look like he was getting beat more often than he really was. I don’t recall him giving up any big plays.

run pMc
11-28-2022, 02:53 PM
I thought he was ok. Don't recall him really getting burned in man-coverage. In zone he had a few open receivers enter his area and helped tackle them. Agree the shoulder could be a factor.
Rasul got burned more.

The defense in general had a very, very poor game in terms of tackling last night against PHI. Way too many missed/broken tackles led to big gains that gashed them. When you give up over 300 yards on the ground you have problems.

Freak Out
11-28-2022, 03:16 PM
Barry and is scheme suck and that's the big problem.

Jaire
11-28-2022, 06:58 PM
Barry and is scheme suck and that's the big problem.

Bingo. He's lost most the locker, a long time ago imo.

call_me_ishmael
11-28-2022, 09:02 PM
I thought Jaire played well last night. He wasn’t outstanding, but solid. I think the issue was that on a few occasions, he came up and made a tackle on a guy who was not his primary responsibility. That made it look like he was getting beat more often than he really was. I don’t recall him giving up any big plays.

I saw him get beat quite a bit last night. But also he just looks like he is shying away from contact. I don't see the same dog I saw him in two or three years ago. Time softens everyone, I guess.

run pMc
11-29-2022, 07:29 AM
I will say he isn't playing great this year -- or worthy of being the highest paid CB -- but he's been the best player in the secondary. Faint praise for a badly underperforming group, I suppose.

Defense has underperformed this year. Can't fire the team, so you fire the coach.
They gave up more yards vs. the Eagles on the ground than the Mostert or Kapernick games.