PDA

View Full Version : Official Bear Week II Discussion Thread

Joemailman
11-29-2022, 08:40 PM
Packers lead all-time series 104-95-6. 103-94-6 in regular season, 1-1 in playoffs.

Last meeting: September 18, 2022. Packers defeated Bears 27-10 at Lambeau. Aaron Rodgers threw for 234 yards and 2 TD's. Aaron Jones had 170 total yards and 2 TD's.

Packers have defeated the Bears 7 in a row and 12 out of 13.

Packers -4
Over/under 43.5
Moneyline: Packers -200 Bears +165

In 11 games, Justin Fields has thrown for 1642 yards with 13 TD's and 8 INT's. Fields leads the Bears with 834 rushing yards and 7 TD's. Darnell Money, the Bears top receiver, will not play.

Bears are #1 in the NFL in rushing yards and #32 in passing yards. Defensively Bears are #30 in points allowed and #26 in yards allowed. Bears pass defense ranks 18th and run defense ranks 30th.

Safety Eddie Jackson also will not play.

Joemailman
11-30-2022, 12:57 PM
Fox Single - Much of upper midwest and Dakotas will get Packers at Bears. Adam Amin and Mark Schlereth with the call. Much of Minnesota and northwest Wisconsin will get Miami at San Francisco (Late) Joe Davis and Daryl Johnson with the call. Alaska will get Seattle at L.A. Rams late. Kevin Kugler and Mark Sanchez with the call.

https://506sports.com/2022/13-FOX.png

King Friday
11-30-2022, 03:24 PM
This could finally be the week that Green Bay gets past Chicago and into the solo lead for all time franchise victories. If this were to actually be Rodgers’ final game started as a Packer, that would be a fitting conclusion to the ownership of Chicago by both Favre and Rodgers that closed the gap.

George Cumby
11-30-2022, 03:28 PM
This could finally be the week that Green Bay gets past Chicago and into the solo lead for all time franchise victories. If this were to actually be Rodgers’ final game started as a Packer, that would be a fitting conclusion to the ownership of Chicago by both Favre and Rodgers that closed the gap.

That's some good knowledge there. I was not aware of that.

That would be a cool closing of the circle.

Joemailman
11-30-2022, 03:48 PM
Romeo Doubs returns to practice.

Tony Oday
11-30-2022, 04:31 PM
I am so checked out.

Joemailman
11-30-2022, 07:19 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fi2MGhiX0AAjiD8?format=png&name=900x900

Anti-Polar Bear
12-01-2022, 01:13 PM
Thinking about putting $20 on the Packers via the spread in a parlay with the over. Then another $20 on the Bears via the moneyline, straight up.

Joemailman
12-01-2022, 03:20 PM
Packers could have full strength WR corps this week.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fi6-XiEWIA8YUj6?format=jpg&name=medium

Bretsky
12-01-2022, 08:40 PM
A head could roll if Fields goes off and the Bears RB goes off

Might be best for the long term of the GB Packers

Embrace the Tank

Joemailman
12-02-2022, 05:17 PM
Bakhtiari out due to appendectomy. Start for Zach Tom?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FjAMK0hXECkwCsw?format=jpg&name=small

Teamcheez1
12-02-2022, 06:12 PM
Bakhtiari out due to appendectomy.

Bakh should be gone at the end of this season. Time to move on.

Joemailman
12-02-2022, 06:21 PM
Bakhtiari out due to appendectomy.

Bakh should be gone at the end of this season. Time to move on.

Packers would save about 6 million on the cap and have about 23 million in dead money if they release him before June 1. He has a roster bonus of 9.5 million due in March, so if they are going to cut him, it will be early.

Anti-Polar Bear
12-03-2022, 12:02 AM
Packers would save about 6 million on the cap and have about 23 million in dead money if they release him before June 1. He has a roster bonus of 9.5 million due in March, so if they are going to cut him, it will be early.

If the Packers terminate both the Iranian Stallion and Cletidus Clark before June 1, they will be hit with about 44M in “dead money.” However, the team will gain 9M in cap space.

Proof that “dead money” is immaterial.

Teamcheez1
12-03-2022, 08:58 AM
It’s not that I don’t like Bakh, it’s just that he and several other players on this team are not worth the money they are being paid (I can think of one in particular). Even if we don’t go into full rebuild mode in the offseason, there are probably at least 10+ players that need to be shown the door.

It’s business, not personal.

bobblehead
12-03-2022, 10:28 AM
Bak has played at a high level now that he is staying on the field. Appendectomy isn't an injury, its just something that happens. No way in hell they cut him outright. He could be traded for a 2nd minimum if we decide to move on.

pittstang5
12-03-2022, 10:37 AM
As much as I've accepted that this Packer season just outright sucks and I'm all on board with tanking the rest of the season, this is the Bears we're talking about here. I want the win!

However, even with that said, I won't be too disappointed if the Packers lose - just makes draft status better.

bobblehead
12-03-2022, 10:42 AM
As much as I've accepted that this Packer season just outright sucks and I'm all on board with tanking the rest of the season, this is the Bears we're talking about here. I want the win!

However, even with that said, I won't be too disappointed if the Packers lose - just makes draft status better.

Same. We did beat fat mike and the cowgirls though, so this is just icing.

Joemailman
12-03-2022, 10:45 AM
Bak has played at a high level now that he is staying on the field. Appendectomy isn't an injury, its just something that happens. No way in hell they cut him outright. He could be traded for a 2nd minimum if we decide to move on.

It'll be interesting to see what happens if Tom plays really well. I would think Bakh is out more than a week.

bobblehead
12-03-2022, 10:52 AM
It'll be interesting to see what happens if Tom plays really well. I would think Bakh is out more than a week.

I had my appendix out and was in the gym and didn't have any pain in about 10 days. Remember we have a bye after this one. I think Bak almost certainly is back after the bye week. Someone has to protect Jordan Love's blindside.

Teamcheez1
12-03-2022, 06:02 PM
Rams put Stanford on IR effectively ending his season. Smart. Realize your options and go full tank. We will persevere on with little regard for reality.

Joemailman
12-03-2022, 06:09 PM
Rams put Stanford on IR effectively ending his season. Smart. Realize your options and go full tank. We will persevere on with little regard for reality.

Lions have Rams 1st round pick because of Stafford trade. Rams tanking would only help the Lions.

Teamcheez1
12-03-2022, 07:55 PM
You miss my point. There is nothing to play for except next year.

Anti-Polar Bear
12-03-2022, 09:33 PM
I had my appendix out and was in the gym and didn't have any pain in about 10 days. Remember we have a bye after this one. I think Bak almost certainly is back after the bye week. Someone has to protect Jordan Love's blindside.

Too bad, the Packers can’t afford to hire Sandra Bullock to teach the Fucking Center how to block, like she did with the Blindside Michael Oher.

Thanks to the German Shepherd, the Packers are in a cap hell and all, especially with a high dead money figure. No team in a cap hell can afford Sandra Bullock!

bobblehead
12-03-2022, 10:48 PM
Too bad, the Packers can’t afford to hire Sandra Bullock to teach the Fucking Center how to block, like she did with the Blindside Michael Oher.

Thanks to the German Shepherd, the Packers are in a cap hell and all, especially with a high dead money figure. No team in a cap hell can afford Sandra Bullock!

Oher never cut it as a LT in the NFL. He ended up on the right side. It was a fun movie though.