PDA

View Full Version : Studs and Duds, Bears, Part Two, 2022:

George Cumby
12-04-2022, 03:09 PM
Didn't see much of the game, so can't say much.

But that Watson kid just might be a good player.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4yi6ZU_h2Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0HQnlvDiLs

Joemailman
12-04-2022, 03:43 PM
Studs
Packers - winningest team in NFL history.

Duds
Bears - they still suck.

Anti-Polar Bear
12-04-2022, 03:50 PM
Cumby, next time you take a shower, watch the highlight of Dillion’s TD run. If that play doesn’t get you aroused, nothing else will. :)

George Cumby
12-04-2022, 04:10 PM
Cumby, next time you take a shower, watch the highlight of Dillion’s TD run. If that play doesn’t get you aroused, nothing else will. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WFbYOQexOQ

Not enough lesbians to get me aroused.

I appreciate the thought.

Teamcheez1
12-04-2022, 04:23 PM
Studs:
Dillon - carried the offense
Watson - better every game, trading up was a good idea
Lowry - actually made plays today
Zach Tom - a bright future
Pass blocking - kept AR clean against a weak rush
Lazard - can we keep him for next year as a 3 or 4?
Lewis - aging like fine wine

Duds:
TE’s - little to offer from this whole group other than small contributions
Alexander - his interception didn’t make up for his regular lack of focus
AR - MVP, no. Average, aging QB, yes.
Bears - they still suck

Joemailman
12-04-2022, 04:25 PM
Studs:
Dillon - carried the offense
Watson - better every game, trading up was a good idea
Lowry - actually made plays today
Zach Tom - a bright future
Lazard - can we keep him for next year as a 3 or 4?
Lewis - aging like fine wine

Duds:
TE’s - little to offer from this whole group other than small contributions from Lewis
Pass blocking - kept AR clean against a weak rush
Alexander - his interception didn’t make up for his regular lack of focus
AR - MVP, no. Average, aging QB, yes.
Bears - they still suck

Why is pass blocking in Duds?

Teamcheez1
12-04-2022, 04:31 PM
Fixed, typo.

King Friday
12-04-2022, 07:12 PM
I’ll add Crosby as a stud. On a cold, somewhat windy day, he was solid while Santos was shaky.

QBME
12-04-2022, 07:38 PM
Studs
Packers - winningest team in NFL history.

Duds
Bears - they still suck.

Stole what little thunder I have

QBME
12-04-2022, 07:42 PM
I’ll add Crosby as a stud. On a cold, somewhat windy day, he was solid while Santos was shaky.

No shite..

rewound it a couple times as I was getting into my cups....

seriously?

I could've done that at half the price

texaspackerbacker
12-04-2022, 08:06 PM
Rodgers basically was his old self today all things considered, definitely a stud. Some dumbasses seem to undervalue not throwing interceptions. The O Line did a better job pass blocking that they have in a long time, although maybe that was partly because of Bear suckage. They also were decent part of the time anyway on running plays. Tom looked better than recent Bakhtiari, maybe even better than Bakhtiari when people thought he was so good. Dillon was damn good. I still get the impression every time he has a good gain, though, that given the same blocking, Jones would get more yardage. Watson of course - a stud, Lazard decent, maybe not studly. Can a WR be a stud without catching a pass - just throwing good blocks on two TD runs? I say no. Watson woulda outrun everybody even without Watkins' block, maybe Dillon too.

I'm having a hard time thinking of any studs on D. Alexander was more dud than stud. Ditto that for Douglas, Campbell, and Walker. Clark was way better than past weeks, but not enough to call him a stud. Nixon predictably IMO came down to earth as a returner, and the missed tackle on the Fields run outweighed the desperation pick at the end.

I can't think of any out and out duds either, O or D.

Teamcheez1
12-04-2022, 08:26 PM
Rodgers was 18-31 with 182 yards and a QB rating of 85.7.

This was against a team with 3 of 4 starters out in the secondary and a pass rush so anemic they couldn’t produce even one sack. That is the definition of average in the NFL.

texaspackerbacker
12-04-2022, 08:52 PM
I was asked tonight how the Packers coulda beat the Cowboys with that fierce pass rush the they have. The answer, obviously, was Rodgers' mobility. Today too, even though the Packers O Line was better than usual (or else the Bears' pass rush really was anemic), there still was a significant rush a lot of times - but Rodgers just calmly handled it, didn't throw picks like Fields, and completed passes, often against good pass coverage. The other thing about those "average" numbers - you ungrateful dumbass, is that when your running game is working, you aren't gonna get as many yards or TDs.

bobblehead
12-04-2022, 09:56 PM

This was against a team with 3 of 4 starters out in the secondary and a pass rush so anemic they couldn’t produce even one sack. That is the definition of average in the NFL.

Actually, I would call it below average.

bobblehead
12-04-2022, 09:57 PM
I was asked tonight how the Packers coulda beat the Cowboys with that fierce pass rush the they have. The answer, obviously, was Rodgers' mobility. Today too, even though the Packers O Line was better than usual (or else the Bears' pass rush really was anemic), there still was a significant rush a lot of times - but Rodgers just calmly handled it, didn't throw picks like Fields, and completed passes, often against good pass coverage. The other thing about those "average" numbers - you ungrateful dumbass, is that when your running game is working, you aren't gonna get as many yards or TDs.

So to be clear. Packers win....all Rodgers greatness. Packers lose.....Rodgers gets no help at all.

George Cumby
12-04-2022, 10:37 PM
So to be clear. Packers win....all Rodgers greatness. Packers lose.....Rodgers gets no help at all.

This is Texas Logic, similar to Texas Math.

Joemailman
12-04-2022, 10:53 PM

Or...when your running game is working, and you're facing a depleted defense and the OL is giving you great protection you should be better than 18-31.

texaspackerbacker
12-05-2022, 03:26 AM
hahahaha I said it might have something to do with the Bears still sucking. That inexperienced secondary they had, though, did a pretty good job - better at times than our star-laden secondary - coaching might have something to do with that difference.

Rodgers not throwing better than 18-31 had a lot to do with not throwing it into traffic - as is normal for him, not throwing picks. Did he look inaccurate or weak-armed? Not that I saw. It looks like dumbass haters are still gonna hate, but that's what wins games, and that's a major factor in his greatness having the good sense not to give it away. Contrast that with Fields or a helluva lot of other QBs. I'm tempted to say Fields looked damn good - much like Hurts or Lamar Jackson, but then he threw a couple of picks and his team lost the game despite having as good or better O Line blocking and run game as the Packers. Our O Line, as I said, was way better than usual tonight, but Rodgers still got rushed a lot, and in the early part of the game, they weren't opening holes on runs either. Some of the line's goodness had to do with Rodgers' mobility, and a lot of the line's goodness was just in comparison to the way they usually play.

Not blaming Rodgers when the team lost? He stunk it up a couple of times this season, but yeah, most of the time it wasn't Rodgers that was the main reason in the losses. The D, the O Line, the Receivers, Special Teams, arguably ALL of those were worse factors in all but a couple of the 8 losses.

run pMc
12-05-2022, 10:11 AM
Studs
Dillon - averaged 5+ ypc
Watson
OL - gave up 0 sacks or QB hits.

Duds
Defense. Allowed CHI to convert 6/11 3rd downs and Fields went 20/25 at over 10 ypa. For the math challenged, that's an 80% completion rate. Jaire looked bad, but with Gary out and Clark doubled there's no pass rush either.

As for Rodgers, he played ok -- some good throws, some bad. 18/31 for under 200 is not great, and Fields was outplaying him until he threw those picks. 182 yards on 31 attempts is pedestrian -- 58% and under 6 ypa -- and against most teams would result in a loss. He did some nice things in the pocket and there were flashes, which is nice to see given the injuries. Not sure I'd call it a great game or consider him a stud for it. He's making some throws like he's expecting good ol friend DPI to get called, and that's not a strategy you can consistently rely on. He's gambling too often, more than he needs to.

bobblehead
12-05-2022, 02:10 PM
hahahaha I said it might have something to do with the Bears still sucking. That inexperienced secondary they had, though, did a pretty good job - better at times than our star-laden secondary - coaching might have something to do with that difference.

Rodgers not throwing better than 18-31 had a lot to do with not throwing it into traffic - as is normal for him, not throwing picks. Did he look inaccurate or weak-armed? Not that I saw. It looks like dumbass haters are still gonna hate, but that's what wins games, and that's a major factor in his greatness having the good sense not to give it away. Contrast that with Fields or a helluva lot of other QBs. I'm tempted to say Fields looked damn good - much like Hurts or Lamar Jackson, but then he threw a couple of picks and his team lost the game despite having as good or better O Line blocking and run game as the Packers. Our O Line, as I said, was way better than usual tonight, but Rodgers still got rushed a lot, and in the early part of the game, they weren't opening holes on runs either. Some of the line's goodness had to do with Rodgers' mobility, and a lot of the line's goodness was just in comparison to the way they usually play.

Not blaming Rodgers when the team lost? He stunk it up a couple of times this season, but yeah, most of the time it wasn't Rodgers that was the main reason in the losses. The D, the O Line, the Receivers, Special Teams, arguably ALL of those were worse factors in all but a couple of the 8 losses.

Rodgers is in full fledged tin cup Roy MaCavoy territory right now. 3rd and 2, he has a guy open for 5, but takes that shot 28 yards down field. I see it twice a game, and if I notice it twice, its happening 5x.

He simply is not playing good QB right now. Evidence was the Love to Watson TD pass in Philly. Explain why Rodgers hasn't hit Watson for a crossing route 4 yards shy of the sticks all year? Because he would rather throw to cobb or Lazard 18 yards past the sticks.

Take the drop Roy....for fucks sake, take the drop.

Upnorth
12-05-2022, 03:30 PM

Thats below average imo.
Need a better oline against any decent d. If he has time he's okay

Teamcheez1
12-05-2022, 04:02 PM
Thats below average imo.
Need a better oline against any decent d. If he has time he's okay

I was trying to be kind to Tex. I didn’t want his head to explode from criticism of AR.

texaspackerbacker
12-05-2022, 11:28 PM
Shitheads and ingrates are gonna be shitheads and ingrates.

Upnorth, yeah, below average stats (I can remember when some dumbasses callrf Rodgers a stat whore). What's the difference now? Less good receivers partly, at least until recently with Watson. The main reason, though, as I said and some imbeciles like this Teamcheez1 can't seem to comprehend, when you're running with success, you're not gonna have as many passing yards.

sharpe1027
12-06-2022, 06:49 AM
Shitheads and ingrates are gonna be shitheads and ingrates.

Upnorth, yeah, below average stats (I can remember when some dumbasses callrf Rodgers a stat whore). What's the difference now? Less good receivers partly, at least until recently with Watson. The main reason, though, as I said and some imbeciles like this Teamcheez1 can't seem to comprehend, when you're running with success, you're not gonna have as many passing yards.

He's not playing well. Certainly not up to his standards or those of his contract.

You're not being objective in your assessment, but nothing anyone says will ever convince you otherwise. Screw it. Just keep telling yourself you know more than everyone else. If it's working for you, why stop now?

bobblehead
12-08-2022, 10:14 AM
He's not playing well. Certainly not up to his standards or those of his contract.

You're not being objective in your assessment, but nothing anyone says will ever convince you otherwise. Screw it. Just keep telling yourself you know more than everyone else. If it's working for you, why stop now?

My grandmother once said its best to be really smart or really dumb. Either way you are generally pretty happy.