PDA

View Full Version : Official Packers vs Dolphins Discussion Thread

Joemailman
12-20-2022, 11:51 AM
Dolphins lead all-time series 10-5.

Last meeting: November 11, 2018. Packers defeated the Dolphins 31-12. Aaron Rodgers threw for 199 yards and 2 TD's. Aaron Jones rushed for 145 yards and 2 TD's. Davante Adams had 57 yards receiving and 2 TD's.

Miami offense ranks 5th in yards gained and 9th in points scored. Tua Tagovailoa has thrown for 3238 yards with 24 TD's and 5 INT's in 12 games. Tyreek Hill has 1529 receiving yards and 7 TD's. Jaylen Waddle has 1117 receiving yards and 7 TD's. Raheem Mostert (remember him?) leads Dolphins with 746 rushing yards for a 4.9 average and 3 TD's.

Miami defense ranks 23rd in yards allowed and 26th in points allowed. Opposing QB's have thrown for 3448 yards with 24 TD's and 7 INT's. Opposing teams have rushed for 1558 yards for 4.4 YPC and 14 TD's. Jaelen Phillips and Melvin Ingram are the top pass rushers.

Packers will have to be able to score to stay in this game. Dolphins have as much speed at the offensive skill positions as any team in the NFL.

Dolphins favored by 5.5.

Moneyline: Packers +200, Dolphins -250

Over/under 46.5

Anti-Polar Bear
12-21-2022, 01:28 AM
Fun facts from the newly anointed Packerrats Packer historian - me, Tank Elf Duke:

The last time the Packers played in the MIA, I missed the first quarter because my bitch boss at the burger joint wouldn’t give me Sundays off. Sherman was scrapgoated by Philbin the previous season, so the Shermanator didn’t get to face his old team in that game.

In the clutch, with the game on the line, Butte pooped out the rock, but was bailed out by a Yokozuna, TJ Lang, I think. A few plays later, Butte completed a 4th down sideline strike to white boi J-Nel. A few more plays later, Butte faked a spike with the clock a-milking and quickly thew a short pass to some punk rookie named Tae, who wisely ran out of bounds after gaining some yards. Lastly, Butte threw a walk-off TD to a gun-loving ruffian named Quarless. Packers 27, Mermen 24.

Goddamn. Football players come and go. But me, to paraphrase Mailman’s favorite redcoat, I’m still a lost soul drowning in a burger joint, year after year; flipping over the same ole burgers, and I’ve found only the minimum-wage and a broken down body.

Wish I could quit burger flipping.

MadtownPacker
12-22-2022, 08:54 AM
Decent Tank, kinda how I recall the game also. Maybe it’s time to stop getting so lit…

For the record I initially felt this might be a loss but yesterday I saw them winning so we get to run the numbers and keep Bob alive.

run pMc
12-22-2022, 09:44 AM
Word is the league has started to figure out the MIA/McDaniels offense. If true, will Joe Barry follow that roadmap?

Their offense is good but their defense is not. The Detroit game might be a tougher one than this.
Seems like GB could surprise them, but they usually do poorly in FL and they are on a short week.

bobblehead
12-22-2022, 09:45 AM
I may have posted this somewhere, one time before. Run the ball, control the clock, keep Tua sitting on the sidelines (and our D). Hopefully a young QB gets a little flustered and presses a bit so we get a couple stops. Dolphins are really good at home. Not so much on the road. The good news is that the weather isn't in the 90's like it would be in September.

This is actually the perfect game at the right time. If you can win it, you have to believe you might run it and sneak in. If you lose it, you probably weren't going anywhere anyway and we get to see Love.

Joemailman
12-22-2022, 10:45 AM
If either team decisively wins the turnover battle, that will be huge. Neither team has been great this year. http://https://www.footballdb.com/stats/turnovers.html

Joemailman
12-22-2022, 04:12 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FknHv83WIAUUkSh?format=jpg&name=medium