PDA

View Full Version : Studs and Duds, Japanese Fishermen at Dolphins, 2022:

George Cumby
12-25-2022, 03:44 PM
Stud:

Lazard. I haven't laughed that fucking hard at football in a long fucking time.

Dud:

Equipment Manager: Fix Dillon's cleats, FFS.

Joemailman
12-25-2022, 04:29 PM
Stud:

Reed. Turned game around with forced fumble and recovery.

Dud:

Newman. Hope Nijman injury isn't serious.

KYPack
12-25-2022, 05:55 PM
Studs...

Preston Smith 5 tackles, a sack, 2 QB pressures and and all round solid game. A leader of the D

Mason Crosby. He's on the 17th green, but still produces. 4 FG's on the road means a lot

M Lewis. A huge catch, which Moose spent far to much time disputing on the broadcast.
The Big Dog can still hunt and is part of the heart of the team.

Allen Lazard 5 rec for 61 yards and a classic trifecta block. There's some luck in that play, but it's a good job no matter how you slice it.

Rasul Douglas He's an in and out player, but always ball hungry and looking for the pick. This one saved our ass.

Keisean Nixon Run bro run. That's the way ya do it. We haven't had a KR guy in years. Set the
tone for a win.

Duds

ST Coordinator. NO FUCKING WAY do you run that call unless you have a huge advantage in the situation. The ST coordinator has a kill signal. Kill the call and kick the ball. For your imitation of a cigar store indian, you coach Rich B are a DUD in this win.

There were other duds, but shit, it's Christmas.
We'll let everybody of the hook

texaspackerbacker
12-25-2022, 06:13 PM
O' Man Crosby was a borderline stud - making his when the younger stronger guy on the other side missed one.

Dud: Lowery - is it just coincidence that after he got hurt, they were a LOT better on D? Reed was a stud for the forced fumble and recovery, but he was a dud with the whole rest of the D Line early in the game. Same thing with Campbell and Douglas who stunk it up for most of the game but suddenly started making plays like last year late in the game. Jaire was mostly a stud the whole game, although he was apparently out of position in zone D a few time too.

On offense, both rookie WRs were studs more often than not. Of course I'm gonna call Rodgers a stud. Despite what a bunch of whiny shitheads in here shamefully post, he's the reason the Packers are literally in every game and expected by me at least to win no matter who we play against regardless of how the D plays or what the O Line does. Is our O Line worse than literally everybody else's we play? Or is it just that our D Line is so bad it makes it seem that way? Or both? Patrick Taylor didn't play enough to be called a stud but he came through big the one time he had a chance. I'm not sure I wouldn't rather see him rotating in than Dillon when Jones needs a break. Marcedes Lewis also deserves mention and of course, Nixon. Also, Inniss Gaines played a lot in the second half, and apparently didn't give up much. I actually had to look up who #38 was.

ThunderDan
12-26-2022, 09:56 AM
Studs:
Preston Smith
2nd Half D

Duds:
Aaron Rodgers - 24/38 238Y 1TD 1INT 78.6 Rating, missed wide open receivers for TDs
O in general, we started at the Miami 14 and 9 and could only score FGs, 301 yards of total O, if it wasn't for the short fields created by turnovers and the first kickoff return we lose this game

bobblehead
12-27-2022, 12:07 AM
How many games have been effectively ended with Rasul Douglas holding onto a pick in the last 2 seasons? I can think of 3 off the top of my head.

run pMc
12-27-2022, 03:38 PM
Studs:
2nd half D
Keisean Nixon

Duds:
1st half D
Fake punt
Throwing deep on 4th and short

Rodgers did not have a good game, with the exception of a couple of big throws (Big Dog and Lazard). Missed open receivers multiple times, took a bad sack after the big KO return. He has been inconsistent all season and that continued. I think the era of "sustained excellence" from Rodgers is in the past.

OL was ok, MIA blitzed a lot. Hope Njiman is ok, Newman did Newman things a couple of time but wasn't a trash fire nor did he cost them the game.
Beginning to wish they drafted Creed Humphrey instead of Josh Myers.

Ugly win they could have easily lost... they lost games like this earlier in the season.