11. Carolina Panthers 6-9 Head to head tie-breaker over New Orleans
12. New Orleans Saints 6-9
13. Los Angeles Rams 5-10 Head to head tie-breaker over Atlanta
14. Atlanta Falcons 5-10
15. Arizona Cardinals 4-11
16. Chicago Bears 3-12
__________________________________________________ __________________________

Playoff Clinching Scenarios

Eagles have clinched playoff berth. They can clinch NFCE with win or Dallas loss. They can clinch #1 seed with win and losses by Dallas, San Francisco and Minnesota

Minnesota has clinched NFCN

Dallas has clinched playoff berth

Tampa Bay can clinch NFCS with a win.

New York Giants can clinch a playoff berth with a win or:
Losses by Washington and Seattle or:
Losses by Washington, Detroit and Green Bay or:
Losses by Detroit, Seattle and Green Bay

Washington can clinch a playoff berth with a win and losses by Detroit, Seattle and Green Bay
__________________________________________________ __________________________

Key Week 17 Games

Dallas at Tennessee
Chicago at Detroit
Indianapolis at New York Giants
New Orleans at Philadelphia
Carolina at Tampa Bay
Cleveland at Washington
San Francisco at Las Vegas
New York Jets at Seattle
Minnesota at Green Bay

MadtownPacker
12-26-2022, 09:57 PM
I have to admit, if they get in the only team that seems unbeatable in the top 7 would be SF. Which is of course the only team they haven’t already played this season.

Anti-Polar Bear
12-27-2022, 02:11 AM
Playoffs? Are you fucking kidding me, playoffs? Fucking Packers made German Bert Favor, Taylor “Swift” Heinicke, look like the legend himself, Bert Favor, and we’re takin’ playoffs! SMH.

oldbutnotdeadyet
12-27-2022, 05:51 AM
Well, it looks like the Packers have a chance to come back from the dead. I am cool with that..

RashanGary
12-27-2022, 12:12 PM
I have to admit, if they get in the only team that seems unbeatable in the top 7 would be SF. Which is of course the only team they haven’t already played this season.

And you get a couple lucky turnovers and a couple lucky big plays and any team is beatable. So there’s a slight chance!

MadtownPacker
12-27-2022, 12:35 PM
And you get a couple lucky turnovers and a couple lucky big plays and any team is beatable. So there’s a slight chance!Dude have you seen any niners games with Mccaffery??? It will take extra-large, shit load of luck because niners have beatdown Erin during some of his best years. They only had strong defense, now their offense is kinda unstoppable. Then they got Purdy outplaying Rodgers badly. The luck you are looking for is another team taking them out first.

bobblehead
12-27-2022, 12:43 PM
Dude have you seen any niners games with Mccaffery??? It will take extra-large, shit load of luck because niners have beatdown Erin during some of his best years. They only had strong defense, now their offense is kinda unstoppable. Then they got Purdy outplaying Rodgers badly. The luck you are looking for is another team taking them out first.

Yea, the stunner here is how fucking awesome Purdy has looked. Sorry, but he has outplayed Jimmy G, Lance, Rodgers. Shit he has looked like a world beater.

Usually I would say "wait until everyone studies his film", but in this case I am seeing a legit real deal NFL QB. The way to beat him is the same way we played D in the 2nd half this week, just rush 4 and flood the zone.....the only problem is he has a coach that has proven that if you don't stop the run he will run EVERY single play, including on 3rd and 4. Young Shannahan is the best in the business right now and he has a lot of horses to work with. Could you imagine us ever running the ball on 3rd and 4? Rodgers would audible out of it even if MiLF had the stones to call it.

MadtownPacker
12-31-2022, 10:50 AM
Another thing Purdy has going is he has no bad memories yet. Unlike Jimmy G who might think of all the times he blew it Purdy is just living the dream. He has already overachieved and there is no better way to play than with house money.

Anti-Polar Bear
12-31-2022, 04:09 PM
Yea, the stunner here is how fucking awesome Purdy has looked. Sorry, but he has outplayed Jimmy G, Lance, Rodgers. Shit he has looked like a world beater.

Usually I would say "wait until everyone studies his film", but in this case I am seeing a legit real deal NFL QB. The way to beat him is the same way we played D in the 2nd half this week, just rush 4 and flood the zone.....the only problem is he has a coach that has proven that if you don't stop the run he will run EVERY single play, including on 3rd and 4. Young Shannahan is the best in the business right now and he has a lot of horses to work with. Could you imagine us ever running the ball on 3rd and 4? Rodgers would audible out of it even if MiLF had the stones to call it.

Butte handed off the rock plenty on 3rd and 3-4 in the Mermen game, including that 3rd and 3 play in the clutch that preceded Crosby’s final fg, a play that if converted, woulda “ice ice baby” the game. I think the Packers were 0-3 or the such on such 3rd down run plays.

Problem was, the big black Jew tailback ain’t lil swift white Chris.

Anti-Polar Bear
01-01-2023, 06:10 AM
Another thing Purdy has going is he has no bad memories yet. Unlike Jimmy G who might think of all the times he blew it Purdy is just living the dream. He has already overachieved and there is no better way to play than with house money.

Poor man’s Kurt Warner.

MadtownPacker
01-01-2023, 02:44 PM
You’re a poor man’s Ronald McDonald!! :lol:

Rastak
01-01-2023, 02:54 PM
You’re a poor man’s Ronald McDonald!! :lol:

LOL....

Joemailman
01-01-2023, 02:56 PM
Browns win. If the Packers win both games, they're in.

Anti-Polar Bear
01-01-2023, 02:58 PM
Browns win. If the Packers win both games, they're in.

In other words, if Packers lose today, they’re out. Must win game.

Joemailman
01-01-2023, 03:04 PM

I think so. Going into today, there was a mathematical chance they could lose today and get in. But with the Lions winning, I doubt that's still the case.

MadtownPacker
01-01-2023, 03:09 PM
LOL....
Death to you today dirty hippie!!

MadtownPacker
01-01-2023, 03:09 PM
Bitch quit trying to get things all easy!

Joemailman
01-01-2023, 03:22 PM
If Packers win out, they will be 7 seed, so they will play 2 seed. Right now Vikings are 2 seed, but 49ers have tiebreaker with better conference record.

Bretsky
01-01-2023, 04:54 PM
If Packers win out, they will be 7 seed, so they will play 2 seed. Right now Vikings are 2 seed, but 49ers have tiebreaker with better conference record.

It would be a gift to play Minnesota in the playofffs

texaspackerbacker
01-01-2023, 06:05 PM
It looks like that isn't gonna happen. The Niners pulled ahead of the Raiders, and they're about to pass up the Vikings for the second seed.

RashanGary
01-01-2023, 06:21 PM
It looks like that isn't gonna happen. The Niners pulled ahead of the Raiders, and they're about to pass up the Vikings for the second seed.

Maybe not. They could lose.

texaspackerbacker
01-01-2023, 06:24 PM
Which do we prefer? playing the Vikings or the Niners?

Fosco33
01-01-2023, 06:26 PM
Which do we prefer? playing the Vikings or the Niners?

Coin flip. Too early to look ahead as 1 and 2 seed are open. Just win baby

We are a dangerous wild card. Getting warm at the right time, playing good D, running the ball. That’s a playoff scheme.

RashanGary
01-01-2023, 06:32 PM
Coin flip. Too early to look ahead as 1 and 2 seed are open. Just win baby

We are a dangerous wild card. Getting warm at the right time, playing good D, running the ball. That’s a playoff scheme.

Yep. SF is a better team, but that rookie 7th round QB is far from a sure thing. We’ve already beat Dallas and Minnesota. We could beat SF too.

Anti-Polar Bear
01-01-2023, 06:38 PM
Earth to Tex, Harrell and Fosco, hold your loads! Packers have NOT clinched a playoffs spot.

Take care of the Pussies before talkin’ playoffs, yo!

RashanGary
01-01-2023, 07:10 PM
If the raiders can take SF to overtime with a new QB, we can beat them.

We have Detroit, then SF if we win. We have a shot!

texaspackerbacker
01-01-2023, 07:33 PM
True, APB, and we need to avoid a letdown, but the Packers have the momentum, and they clearly are a better team than Detroit.

As for the playoffs, assuming they do take care of business in Detroit, it is now strongly likely that we play the Niners, as they have a better conference record than the Vikings, and they play Arizona at home, which should be a win.

Whether that is a good thing or not is hard to say. The Niners' great defense gave up 34 today to the Raiders with a backup QB. And we ought to be able to take advantage of the rookie at least a little bit.

RashanGary
01-01-2023, 07:41 PM
True, APB, and we need to avoid a letdown, but the Packers have the momentum, and they clearly are a better team than Detroit.

As for the playoffs, assuming they do take care of business in Detroit, it is now strongly likely that we play the Niners, as they have a better conference record than the Vikings, and they play Arizona at home, which should be a win.

Whether that is a good thing or not is hard to say. The Niners' great defense gave up 34 today to the Raiders with a backup QB. And we ought to be able to take advantage of the rookie at least a little bit.

SF will be favored. But that’s not a very hostile stadium and we should have a lot of Packer fans there. The QB is a rookie. Anything can happen!

Joemailman
01-01-2023, 07:54 PM

If they were clearly a better team than Detroit, both teams wouldn't be 8-8. Both teams have turned their seasons around after a tough 1st half of the season. Packers have the better defense, but Jared Goff is having a better season than Rodgers.

RashanGary
01-01-2023, 07:57 PM
If they were clearly a better team than Detroit, both teams wouldn't be 8-8. Both teams have turned their seasons around after a tough 1st half of the season. Packers have the better defense, but Jared Goff is having a better season than Rodgers.

The Packers OL was atrocious for the first half of the season. Rookie receivers were being worked in. Rodgers has been injured.

The OL is steadying out. The Rookies are more acclimated and Rodgers is just getting healthy. He will absolutely blow away what he’s done so far. Rodgers is much better than his numbers look this year. He’s better than Jared Goff.

texaspackerbacker
01-01-2023, 08:13 PM
True about the O Line being bad the first half and getting better. True also about Rodgers and the rookie receivers. Goff, similar to Cousins, tends to throw it to the other team. Rodgers had too many picks this year too, but lately he's back to his disciplined self. The Packers ARE clearly better than the Lions, and even before today's game, I was convinced that the Packers are clearly better than the Vikings - despite the records.

The haters and shitheads just don't quit hahahaha, but the season has turned around, we really can and should go all the way, so let the bastards whine and hate.

Bretsky
01-01-2023, 08:15 PM
It's not even debateable who we'd rather play. No f'cking way I wanna see San Fran. Not even noting they own AROD, but they are the smash mouth football team that we struggle with. And to be honest, they are more talented than Green Bay and every time we play them their coaching staff effectively schemes to expose our weaknesses.

RashanGary
01-01-2023, 08:42 PM
It's not even debateable who we'd rather play. No f'cking way I wanna see San Fran. Not even noting they own AROD, but they are the smash mouth football team that we struggle with. And to be honest, they are more talented than Green Bay and every time we play them their coaching staff effectively schemes to expose our weaknesses.

They have a rookie 7th round quarterback starting. They’re beatable. And that cozy stadium packed with Packer fans makes it all the better.

Bretsky
01-01-2023, 09:21 PM
They have a rookie 7th round quarterback starting. They’re beatable. And that cozy stadium packed with Packer fans makes it all the better.

I don't care what year QB they have; he looks really good. They beat us with nobody's like Jimmy at QB. This guy is no worse. I don't wanna see San Fran at all

RashanGary
01-01-2023, 09:23 PM
I don't care what year QB they have; he looks really good. They beat us with nobody's like Jimmy at QB. This guy is no worse. I don't wanna see San Fran at all

I don’t care who we play, or where we play them. Like McCarthy used to say, he’d play them in the parking lot. If we play like we did today, we can beat anybody. Including Brock Purdy.

RashanGary
01-01-2023, 09:24 PM
Didn’t you used to run the “realistic optimists” thread?? What happened to optimistic Bretsky??

MadtownPacker
01-01-2023, 11:08 PM
I don’t care who we play, or where we play them. Like McCarthy used to say, he’d play them in the parking lot. If we play like we did today, we can beat anybody. Including Brock Purdy.He would say that and that fucking choke with bad coaching.

Bretsky
01-01-2023, 11:24 PM
Didn’t you used to run the “realistic optimists” thread?? What happened to optimistic Bretsky??

This has been the harsh reality with San Fran
Their defensive line has been better than our offensive line so we can’t run in them. And at wr we’ve never been able to dominate their secondary so our offense has just fallen short.

Often their ol is better than our dl as well so they have run at will on us. And now they have mccaffrey. Imo it’s just a matchup to avoid. Of course anything is possible.

Last year we were the better team and that was our year to end the curse but we fell short

call_me_ishmael
01-01-2023, 11:27 PM
I have to say I agree and I'd rather avoid playing the Niners. I think they're clearly the class of the NFC. Nick Bosa is about to get DPOY and the other linemen are top notch as well. That D is scary, and they will manufacture rushing yards. Hard pass for me.

Teamcheez1
01-02-2023, 08:03 AM
https://www.si.com/.amp/nfl/2023/01/02/packers-playoff-run-fun-story-not-super-bowl-contenders

I feel like the Packers could make a run, but they need to be better than what I’ve seen these last few weeks

RashanGary
01-02-2023, 08:30 AM
The Packers get to play SF first. That’s a good thing. It only gets easier until the dance!