PDA

View Full Version : Official Packers vs Lions II #7 Seed Battle Royale Discussion Thread

Joemailman
01-02-2023, 10:23 AM
Packers lead all-time series 105-74-7. 103-74-7 in regular season, 2-0 in playoffs.

Last meeting: Lions beat Packers 15-9 in Detroit. Aaron Rodgers threw for 291 yards, but had 3 INT's. 2 of the INT's were in goal-to-go situations. Packers had 1st down in red zone 5 times and came away with total of 3 points.

Offensively, Lions have the #4 offense in yards, #5 in points scored. They are #8 in passing yards, #11 in rushing yards. Jared Goff has thrown for 4214 yards with 29 TD's and 7 INT's. Amon-Ra St. Brown leads them with 100 catches for 1112 yards and 6 TD's. Jamaal Williams has rushed for 994 yards and 15 TD's.

Defensively, Lions are 32nd in yards allowed, 29th in points allowed. 30th in passing, 29th in rushing. Opponents have thrown for 3991 yards with 25 TD's and 11 INT's. Opponents have rushed for 2388 yards and 22 TD's.

Packers are favored by 4.5.

Moneyline: Lions +195 Packers -230

Over/under 48.5

King Friday
01-02-2023, 12:51 PM
Need a SNF game to get those temps down near 20 to freeze out Goff.

MadtownPacker
01-02-2023, 12:54 PM
Give it time, by what day does the flex have to be announced?

Fosco33
01-02-2023, 01:17 PM
After tonight’s game

Fosco33
01-02-2023, 01:19 PM
There are 2 better games slated for SNF. I’d guess, given the Seattle game implication, that they’re both 325

texaspackerbacker
01-02-2023, 01:57 PM
The best bet for the night game is one that's play to get in. That's ours, probably for both teams, although if Seattle takes care of business against the Rams, our game is kinda meaningless for the Lions. I don't see any more meaningful games out there unless Cincinnati beats Buffalo tonight. Then they are playing the Ravens to win their division.

George Cumby
01-02-2023, 02:03 PM
https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=44.5132&lon=-88.0099#.Y7M42y1h0_U

MadtownPacker
01-02-2023, 02:22 PM
After tonight’s game
I’m with Tex, our game is for both teams. No one gives a shit about the rams.

Joemailman
01-02-2023, 03:41 PM
Packers will play Sunday Night.

MadtownPacker
01-02-2023, 04:03 PM
Packers will play Sunday Night.
I can never understand why you ingrates think TPB is going to be wrong about something.

Fosco33
01-02-2023, 04:18 PM
Well. Now we cheer for Seattle to win I suppose.

bobblehead
01-02-2023, 05:37 PM
I can never understand why you ingrates think TPB is going to be wrong about something.

History repeats?

bobblehead
01-02-2023, 05:37 PM
So now we know what a packers team with a game manager at QB looks like. If we run the ball 30+ times we are in the playoffs.....although they officially started last week.

Joemailman
01-02-2023, 06:10 PM

I'm not so sure. A Lions team with "nothing to play for" is also a team with nothing to lose. I think they will play hard no matter the situation. They might actually be more inclined to make mental mistakes if they're in the unusual position of playing for a playoff berth.

George Cumby
01-02-2023, 08:10 PM
History repeats?

Sun shines on a dog's ass, once in a while.

George Cumby
01-02-2023, 08:11 PM

I just barfed in my mouth thinking about that.

George Cumby
01-02-2023, 08:12 PM
I'm not so sure. A Lions team with "nothing to play for" is also a team with nothing to lose. I think they will play hard no matter the situation. They might actually be more inclined to make mental mistakes if they're in the unusual position of playing for a playoff berth.

The first two rules of self defense:

1) Don't be there.

2) Don't get in fights with people who have nothing to lose.

George Cumby
01-02-2023, 08:14 PM
So now we know what a packers team with a game manager at QB looks like. If we run the ball 30+ times we are in the playoffs.....although they officially started last week.

If we ascribe reason and foresight to Gute's decision making, this is what he was building.

Teamcheez1
01-03-2023, 09:22 AM

We don’t need to pay $50M a year for the definition of average (and that’s debatable).

RashanGary
01-03-2023, 11:22 AM
We don’t need to pay $50M a year for the definition of average (and that’s debatable).

QB success is the sum of all the parts on offense. This year we had a horrible OL that settled in as the year progressed. We had young weapons on the perimeter. And the QB was injured. Rodgers is a great player. He’ll prove the doubters wrong on Sunday and into the playoffs with his surrounding cast rounding into shape.

NewsBruin
01-03-2023, 01:47 PM

Coaches and year-by-year players always have something to lose. I think about 75% of any roster lives with at least a little anxiety that they could be replaced and become a Hamilton Tiger-Cat or Memphis Maniax.

run pMc
01-03-2023, 04:49 PM
Whether they have something to play for or not, Crazy Campbell will have them coming out of the tunnel with their hair on fire. It's a January division game at Lambeau and a chance to play spoiler.

Freak Out
01-04-2023, 12:25 AM
Whether they have something to play for or not, Crazy Campbell will have them coming out of the tunnel with their hair on fire. It's a January division game at Lambeau and a chance to play spoiler.

Exactly. There is a bunch of legit talent on the Lions and they are playing tough.

bobblehead
01-04-2023, 09:29 AM

No question about it. I think some have mentioned the prospect of playing them with nothing to lose might be worse than playing them for the right to represent the North in the wildcard.

SudsMcBucky
01-04-2023, 09:49 AM

That's exactly what I've thought, too.

run pMc
01-04-2023, 10:31 AM
Both teams could beat anybody or lose to anybody. Both teams are streaky good right now though. Should be a bonkers game. Running game will matter.

Joemailman
01-04-2023, 01:03 PM
Lions with only 6 TD passes away from home. Interesting.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FlpP5q2XkCwzGek?format=png&name=small

Joemailman
01-04-2023, 04:22 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FlqDaRmXEBkOyPR?format=jpg&name=large

Bretsky
01-04-2023, 07:23 PM
om gosh but I'm the optimist this week

We will beat the Lions at home. I'm really not that worried

Now if we get stuck playing San Fran, that's a different story

Joemailman
01-04-2023, 08:06 PM
Goff is a good passer who has trouble with pressure. If the Packers get after him, they should control this game. That's assuming Rodgers doesn't throw 3 red zone INT's like he did the last time these 2 teams played. Packers should be able to run the ball, so he doesn't need to have a great game. Just protect the ball.

MadtownPacker
01-05-2023, 12:45 AM
Do we start wondering if the Packers would look unbeatable with Love at the helm?

bobblehead
01-05-2023, 10:44 AM

Just like I said vs. Miami, if we can't win this game we wouldn't be going anywhere in the playoffs. This is a home game so double. And for the record, SF is human. I am really unhappy Jimmy G. got hurt, this Purdy looks better in almost every aspect of the game.

bobblehead
01-05-2023, 10:46 AM
Do we start wondering if the Packers would look unbeatable with Love at the helm?

I mentioned that to a friend last week, but phrased it like this (in the first half when Rodgers was sucking up the joint). "I think its time to get Love some experience with the ones"

He didn't get my humor and said "wtf are you talking about, we are win and in"

Clearly missed the point that I thought Love might be the better QB RIGHT NOW.

George Cumby
01-05-2023, 11:53 AM
From what little we've seen, Love's arm looks better than Butte's.

King Friday
01-05-2023, 03:21 PM
Love’s strongest attribute would be that he would run the offense MLF wants. The number of 3rd and 1 moonshots would drastically be reduced. I do agree he has a stronger arm overall at this point, but you still have to know where to throw the ball. In that regard, Rodgers still has the advantage.

To put this another way…if Rodgers gets hurt, I’m not worried about the back up. Both have positives and negatives at this point, but I think both can run a balanced offense effectively.

Fritz
01-05-2023, 04:26 PM

The Lions' offense is playing like a machine. The offensive line is the engine that drives it all - why do you all think that Preston Smith and Co. can bring pressure against that line? Or stop the run against that line?

Kenny Clark's gonna be invisible. The rest will look like journeymen, as they are. It's going to be ugly.

And Rodgers, in the cold, is going to play like the shriveled weiner he has become.

I think you all are crazy to be so optimistic. Lions are 7 - 1 over the last eight; Packers are 5 - 3.

Fosco33
01-05-2023, 04:47 PM
Sounds like they won’t play bills-cincy and are exploring various scenarios.

Adding an eighth playoff team to the field in both conferences and giving the top two teams a first-round bye is perhaps the most intriguing among the many possibilities.

MadScientist
01-05-2023, 05:10 PM
The last time the Packers faced the Lions, the Packers defense dominated, in perfect dome conditions. Now it's going to be cold and outside, so the defense should have a pretty good game. Also last time, Watkins was fucking up all over the field. He's gone now.

On the downside, in the cold, Rodgers plays like an old man who just wants to go to Florida for the winter.

Joemailman
01-05-2023, 06:26 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FlvKN1lX0A0PA7I?format=jpg&name=large

MadtownPacker
01-05-2023, 08:51 PM
I mentioned that to a friend last week, but phrased it like this (in the first half when Rodgers was sucking up the joint). "I think its time to get Love some experience with the ones"

He didn't get my humor and said "wtf are you talking about, we are win and in"

Clearly missed the point that I thought Love might be the better QB RIGHT NOW.You wuz hanging out with TPB?

After watching the miners not only get passed a season ending QB injury (2x) but actually improve on offense we should all be wondering. Many other teams seem to have younger players that are peaking and they give them a chance. Wish the Pack could beat down the way they did the purples last Sunday. But stupid ass decision making like not changing the returner that cost a couple of games. Why was the guy who is going Forrest Gump on ST just wasting away half the season. How does shit like that even happen at the NFL level.

MadtownPacker
01-05-2023, 08:55 PM
Love’s strongest attribute would be that he would run the offense MLF wants. The number of 3rd and 1 moonshots would drastically be reduced. I do agree he has a stronger arm overall at this point, but you still have to know where to throw the ball. In that regard, Rodgers still has the advantage.

To put this another way…if Rodgers gets hurt, I’m not worried about the back up. Both have positives and negatives at this point, but I think both can run a balanced offense effectively.Did you watch the fucking eagles game?? Love was hitting hands in stride and the energy level obviously changed. Another huge factor that isn’t mentioned.

King Friday
01-05-2023, 09:08 PM
Did you watch the fucking eagles game?? Love was hitting hands in stride and the energy level obviously changed. Another huge factor that isn’t mentioned.

In general, I agree. That is why I’m saying I really don’t think there would be much difference in performance with either QB. Love looked very good against the Eagles, but he’s still relatively unproven. Saying the offense will be BETTER with Love is a step too far for me. Rodgers has played better in the last month since his thumb healed up a bit. His efficiency has been in the top 10-12 QBs over that period.

texaspackerbacker
01-05-2023, 09:47 PM
For there to be any semblance of equality between the two, Love would need to buy in completely to Rodgers'attitude of not throwing interceptions - that and having the accuracy and mental capacity to make it work. I don't see that in him. It seems like the very best we could ever expect from him is to rise to the level of the "good" pocket passes around the league - all of whom throw way more picks than Rodgers over his career. And I don't see Love as overly mobile or able to run like Jackson, Hurts, or Fields. He's about as mobile as 39 year old Rodgers, which ain't bad.

RashanGary
01-05-2023, 10:21 PM
Love is more mobile than 39 year old Rodgers. He’s more like 29 year old Rodgers.

MadScientist
01-06-2023, 02:12 AM
In general, I agree. That is why I’m saying I really don’t think there would be much difference in performance with either QB. Love looked very good against the Eagles, but he’s still relatively unproven. Saying the offense will be BETTER with Love is a step too far for me. Rodgers has played better in the last month since his thumb healed up a bit. His efficiency has been in the top 10-12 QBs over that period.

At the time, Rodgers was basically not practicing during the week, and it showed. Love was better prepared for the game and should have started. The playoffs would be a different situation. Also the rookie receivers have had more weeks learning the hand signals and working with Rodgers.

Fosco33
01-06-2023, 06:16 AM
I rewatched the week 9 contest.

Injuries played a huge role in the dome:
- Cobb was out
- Doubs got hurt on one of first plays (and the time was a go-to target)
- Rodgers looked like the thumb was really affecting him. Recall 3 INTs - 2 in goal to go. That won’t happen again.
- Watson left w/ Concussion
- Gary, Bahk (returned), Stokes, Jones, Barnes

At one point it was Watkins and Amari as primary targets w/ Lazard (shoulder) as the one making plays. A couple key near catches. Samari Toure led the WRs in plays…

ARod was our leading rusher that game.
We out earned the Lions w/ about 400 vs 250 yards of offense.

The game was basically a fluke w/ the INTs. Heck we only punted once.

With Cobb, Doubs, Watson and a much better Jones/Dillon and a healthier ARod (addition by subtracting Watkins/Amari), this will be a much better showing of converting those long drives to TDs.

Fritz
01-06-2023, 07:16 AM
For there to be any semblance of equality between the two, Love would need to buy in completely to Rodgers'attitude of not throwing interceptions - that and having the accuracy and mental capacity to make it work. I don't see that in him. It seems like the very best we could ever expect from him is to rise to the level of the "good" pocket passes around the league - all of whom throw way more picks than Rodgers over his career. And I don't see Love as overly mobile or able to run like Jackson, Hurts, or Fields. He's about as mobile as 39 year old Rodgers, which ain't bad.

Rodgers's attitude or intention may be good, but he's throw eleven interceptions this year. His accuracy is also not been all that great this year.

I am ready to see if Jordan Love can be a good or even very good NFL QB. I say they trade Rodgers after June 1, no matter what happens the rest of this year. Get what they can, take the hit on the cap, and then you can find out if Love is your guy. If he is, great. If he's not, you can start looking now for the next GB HOF QB.

Fosco33
01-06-2023, 08:03 AM
Rodgers's attitude or intention may be good, but he's throw eleven interceptions this year. His accuracy is also not been all that great this year.

I am ready to see if Jordan Love can be a good or even very good NFL QB. I say they trade Rodgers after June 1, no matter what happens the rest of this year. Get what they can, take the hit on the cap, and then you can find out if Love is your guy. If he is, great. If he's not, you can start looking now for the next GB HOF QB.

Agreed

RashanGary
01-06-2023, 09:18 AM
Rodgers is gonna shut the critics up on Sunday and into the playoffs. He’s healthy. His supporting cast is finally serviceable compared to awful early in the year. He’s still a great player.

Anti-Polar Bear
01-06-2023, 09:28 AM

This aging burger flipping loser was born in 1982. Plenty of teams have thus far failed to produce a HOF QB during my wretched existence. The fucking point is, HOF QBs aren’t mass assembled at your local factory. It takes lots of luck to land one via the draft - like, Mike Sherman making the playoffs after a 2-6 start, setting the stage up for Butte to fall onto the majestic Polar Bear’s lap (Thompson loved Demarcus Ware; had Sherman not made the playoffs, Thompson woulda drafted Ware with a top 10 pick).

Love is still under contract for at least one more season. Bring back Butte and see if he can prove that this season, at least statistically, is a fluke. Never mind that a washed up Peyton Manning won his last Super Bowl with the worst stats of his career, or that the almighty Elway had devolved into a game manager in his last two seasons. If Butte struggles next season, we’ll surely find out the truth about Love one way or another. If Butte has another MVP season, who gives fuck about Love? If Butte has a so-so season, trade Butte (assuming he doesn’t retire) and tag Love. If Love struggles in 2024, let him walk the walk of life - and then trade 3 1sts for Mahommes.

Anti-Polar Bear
01-06-2023, 09:54 AM
Also, sure, Butte’s game has been mediocre at times. But he doesn’t look washed up to this shutdown corner. Looks like a still-Wu-Tang QB who has no intimate chemistry with the young uns. Still pretty athletic for a 39 year old graybeard.

I say give Butte one more season before shipping him off to Peru.

run pMc
01-06-2023, 11:41 AM
Not sure how this devolved into a fate of Rodgers thread, but I think Gute & Co. want him back, and Rodgers wants to be back. He's effectively the assistant GM, and has about 60million reasons to return next season. I don't think they will trade him. I think trading Love is more likely tbh.

As for Rodgers' performance this year, he has not thrown for 300 yards ONCE. Against the Vikings he had a very pedestrian game and didn't even crack 200 yards. He's inconsistent with his accuracy, and still doesn't go thru his progressions and has a tendency to play hero-ball on 3rd or 4th and short. You can count multiple times every game where he either doesn't see or ignores open receivers to make a different and often riskier throw. His mobility and arm are ok, but not what they were. There's a big difference between age 39 and 29 athletically. He is smart and his release and pocket presence are still very good, but he's starting to take dumb sacks. His turnover numbers (picks + fumbles) are up. He's a franchise QB about midway along the freefall they all have as they age. If there has been a game this year where's he's been an MVP QB, please remind me. I think he'll be 'good enough' for another year, but after that you're probably hanging on too long.

He looked meh in 2017 and 2018 and turned out to consecutive MVP seasons. He looks like 2017 Rodgers again this year but counting on him to follow up with more MVP seasons at his age is a losing bet.

bobblehead
01-06-2023, 03:06 PM
The Lions' offense is playing like a machine. The offensive line is the engine that drives it all - why do you all think that Preston Smith and Co. can bring pressure against that line? Or stop the run against that line?

Kenny Clark's gonna be invisible. The rest will look like journeymen, as they are. It's going to be ugly.

And Rodgers, in the cold, is going to play like the shriveled weiner he has become.

I think you all are crazy to be so optimistic. Lions are 7 - 1 over the last eight; Packers are 5 - 3.

I think you are just doing that Fritz jinx thing, but I can't be sure so I have to ask....what about the last 4? Or the last 2? Data is a funny thing when you play with the start and end cycle.

HarveyWallbangers
01-06-2023, 03:35 PM

Lions are 6-2 over their last 8 games. They are 3-1 on the road over that stretch, but they barely beat Chicago 31-30, beat the Giants with a +3 turnover margin, beat a Jets team that is reeling (20-17), and got blown out by Carolina (37-23). I think there's truth to them being a much better home team than road team. They got blown out by Dallas and New England on the road earlier in the year and lost a close game to a Minnesota team that always seems to play in close games (when they aren't getting blown out).

Fritz
01-06-2023, 04:58 PM
I think you are just doing that Fritz jinx thing, but I can't be sure so I have to ask....what about the last 4? Or the last 2? Data is a funny thing when you play with the start and end cycle.

The thing about the Fritz jinx is that I really do believe what I'm writing. I'm just particularly bad at predictions. For example, I really, really thought the Packers would be very, very good this year. I thought the defense would be great - I was so excited as I love a great defense - and the offense would be sluggish but the defense would carry the team.

That clearly has not happened. Even since the Packers started winning, the defense looks very gashable.

So I was wrong. In years I was convinced the Packers would suck, they've been good - until the playoffs.

So I am not deliberately reverse-jinxing. I really think the Lions are playing great and are going to be hard to beat.

But I am finding that what I think about the Packers is very often wrong.

Anti-Polar Bear
01-07-2023, 10:23 AM
Not sure how this devolved into a fate of Rodgers thread, but I think Gute & Co. want him back, and Rodgers wants to be back. He's effectively the assistant GM, and has about 60million reasons to return next season. I don't think they will trade him. I think trading Love is more likely tbh.

As for Rodgers' performance this year, he has not thrown for 300 yards ONCE. Against the Vikings he had a very pedestrian game and didn't even crack 200 yards. He's inconsistent with his accuracy, and still doesn't go thru his progressions and has a tendency to play hero-ball on 3rd or 4th and short. You can count multiple times every game where he either doesn't see or ignores open receivers to make a different and often riskier throw. His mobility and arm are ok, but not what they were. There's a big difference between age 39 and 29 athletically. He is smart and his release and pocket presence are still very good, but he's starting to take dumb sacks. His turnover numbers (picks + fumbles) are up. He's a franchise QB about midway along the freefall they all have as they age. If there has been a game this year where's he's been an MVP QB, please remind me. I think he'll be 'good enough' for another year, but after that you're probably hanging on too long.

He looked meh in 2017 and 2018 and turned out to consecutive MVP seasons. He looks like 2017 Rodgers again this year but counting on him to follow up with more MVP seasons at his age is a losing bet.

You’ve got some nice points in the above post. But I will say that Butte played like an MVP in the Cowfucker game.

Anti-Polar Bear
01-07-2023, 10:41 AM
Ole Fritz is being a Debbie Downer cos he, much like Bobble, hates it when he’s proven wrong. We all know that every time time proves Bobble right about shit, he likes to pop up “Vindicated” by the Dashboard Confessional and sing along with the chorus:

I am selfish, I am wrong
I am right, I swear I'm right
Swear I knew it all along
And I am flawed
But I am cleaning up so well
I am seeing in me now
The things you swore you saw yourself

Anyways, if anyone takes the time to reread the Balding Eagle GameDay thread, she’ll perceive the Kentucky calling me a “mooch.”

And ole Fritz was like, shut the fuck up, Collinsworth, the Packer season is fucked - team has 7 losses. I was like, chill, hombre, even with a loss to the Balding Eagles, the Packers still have a mathematical shot at the dance. Fritz was like, just cos you have a mathematical chance of being more than a burger flipper ain’t mean you’ll be more than a burger flipper.

A Packer victory this week would be the sign I needed to finally quit burger flipping. If the Packers could prove Fritz wrong, so, too, could I.

Bretsky
01-07-2023, 12:30 PM
Winning this game is a given IMO. Detroit is improved but really not that good. If we can't beat Detroit at home we are not good at all and don't deserve to be mentioned in the playoff calibur teams.

We will win. The season starts when the playoffs begin.

run pMc
01-07-2023, 01:54 PM
You’ve got some nice points in the above post. But I will say that Butte played like an MVP in the Cowfucker game.

Agree that was his best game of the season. He overcame an early sack-fumble and made some good throws. I suspect he had a lot of motivation playing against McCarthy.

And yet, he only threw 20 passes that game.

George Cumby
01-07-2023, 02:17 PM
Lions are 6-2 over their last 8 games. They are 3-1 on the road over that stretch, but they barely beat Chicago 31-30, beat the Giants with a +3 turnover margin, beat a Jets team that is reeling (20-17), and got blown out by Carolina (37-23). I think there's truth to them being a much better home team than road team. They got blown out by Dallas and New England on the road earlier in the year and lost a close game to a Minnesota team that always seems to play in close games (when they aren't getting blown out).

Carolina tore them a new one on the ground.

If the Packers do the same, I think they are in decent shape.

George Cumby
01-07-2023, 02:20 PM
Green Bay Weather:

https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=44.5132&lon=-88.0099#.Y7nT9y1h3Uo

Nothing spectacular. Just a typical January evening.

Temp at Kick-off in the mid-low 20's.

bobblehead
01-07-2023, 04:12 PM
Ole Fritz is being a Debbie Downer cos he, much like Bobble, hates it when he’s proven wrong. We all know that every time time proves Bobble right about shit, he likes to pop up “Vindicated” by the Dashboard Confessional and sing along with the chorus:

I am selfish, I am wrong
I am right, I swear I'm right
Swear I knew it all along
And I am flawed
But I am cleaning up so well
I am seeing in me now
The things you swore you saw yourself

Anyways, if anyone takes the time to reread the Balding Eagle GameDay thread, she’ll perceive the Kentucky calling me a “mooch.”

And ole Fritz was like, shut the fuck up, Collinsworth, the Packer season is fucked - team has 7 losses. I was like, chill, hombre, even with a loss to the Balding Eagles, the Packers still have a mathematical shot at the dance. Fritz was like, just cos you have a mathematical chance of being more than a burger flipper ain’t mean you’ll be more than a burger flipper.

A Packer victory this week would be the sign I needed to finally quit burger flipping. If the Packers could prove Fritz wrong, so, too, could I.

That might be the longest post I bothered reading. Thats a compliment...or it means I'm a narcissist cuz you mentioned me and I couldn't stop.

RashanGary
01-07-2023, 06:50 PM
24 hours and 12 shuts up the haters one more time! Go Pack Go!

Bretsky
01-07-2023, 08:05 PM

Not sure what you mean; does anybody in here really think GB is going to lose this game ?

oldbutnotdeadyet
01-08-2023, 05:24 AM
Not sure what you mean; does anybody in here really think GB is going to lose this game ?

Not the way their Defense has been playing..the Defense deserves more credit than 12..

RashanGary
01-08-2023, 07:55 AM

People here have been citing Aaron’s stats this year and not factoring in the atrocious OL play to start the season or his injuries. Been saying this is who he is and he’s getting old.

I think 12 still has it. The OL and rookies are coming on. 12 is getting healthy. I think he’s about to show everyone he’s still got it.

bobblehead
01-08-2023, 08:41 AM
People here have been citing Aaron’s stats this year and not factoring in the atrocious OL play to start the season or his injuries. Been saying this is who he is and he’s getting old.

I think 12 still has it. The OL and rookies are coming on. 12 is getting healthy. I think he’s about to show everyone he’s still got it.

He is still a top 10 QB imo. He is not elite 3 any longer though. And in coming years that will get worse, not better. For the cap hit we take for him, he is no longer worth the salary. I hope we run it all the way and then he either announces his retirement, or his undying love for DAdams and requests a trade to the Raiders. In the spirit of that undying love we can make it a 3 way and invite Indy into the mix so they can take Carr.

run pMc
01-08-2023, 10:32 AM
Winning this game is a given IMO. Detroit is improved but really not that good. If we can't beat Detroit at home we are not good at all and don't deserve to be mentioned in the playoff calibur teams.

We will win. The season starts when the playoffs begin.

Is it a given? Detroit was 1-6 at one point and then went 7-2; you could argue they are a hotter team than GB is. They are at least if not more dangerous than MIN.

MadtownPacker
01-08-2023, 03:01 PM
Winning a must win game to squeak into the playoffs isn’t going to shut anyone up you burro blanco. Getting into the playoffs and losing is also not going to. You already know what it will take to shut people up.

sharpe1027
01-08-2023, 03:48 PM
The best thing that could happen is for the Packers to win the super bowl and the Rodgers to get traded next year for some great draft picks.

RashanGary
01-08-2023, 03:56 PM
Winning a must win game to squeak into the playoffs isn’t going to shut anyone up you burro blanco. Getting into the playoffs and losing is also not going to. You already know what it will take to shut people up.

How many seconds do you think it would take for you to get Jordan Loves packer pecker out of his pants, ball licker!? :lol:

George Cumby
01-08-2023, 04:07 PM
The best thing that could happen is for the Packers to win the super bowl and the Rodgers to get traded next year for some great draft picks.

As unlikely as this outcome is, I agree, it would be ideal.

Fritz
01-08-2023, 04:11 PM
That would be ideal, though yes, unlikely.

Bretsky
01-08-2023, 04:14 PM

He's accuracy has not been as good as in past years, but he's still borderline elite. If you set the elite as Patrick and Josh Allen he's not longer there; but he's still really dam good and good enough to win the big show with a surrounding case and coaching. I will cheer for him as long as he's in GB. He's still an arrogant jerk imo though. But he's Green Bay's arrogant jerk :)

George Cumby
01-08-2023, 04:21 PM
12's QBR is 91.5 this season.

Lowest of his career since becoming a starter.

Yeah, that's better than a lot of QB's out there, but he is NOT elite this year. And, IMO, the wheels are coming off.

RashanGary
01-08-2023, 05:11 PM
12's QBR is 91.5 this season.

Lowest of his career since becoming a starter.

Yeah, that's better than a lot of QB's out there, but he is NOT elite this year. And, IMO, the wheels are coming off.

This game is for you then!

smuggler
01-08-2023, 05:18 PM
1.) Receiving situation has been sketchy all year. Only Doubs has been truly solid from wire to wire, but of course he missed extended time with an injury.
2.) O-line situation did not get sorted until about halfway through the season. Took way, way too long to figure this out. Speaks against the coaching staff's ability to make prudent adjustments, but we already knew that.
3.) Rodgers' injury and also just hasn't been sharp all year due to the moving parts. He has missed some throws from time to time, but a lot of the time there just hasn't been a ton there and the offense has adjusted by becoming less explosive but also more consistent, which is to be expected.

I don't think there is anything about Rodgers on his own that would restrict him from playing closer to his 2021 form than his 2022 form in 2023. That is different than Brady, who is only a shell of his 2020 self, physically, if you have seen any of their games. He has been pretty bad (by his standards) despite their receivers and O-line being pretty good.

RashanGary
01-08-2023, 05:32 PM
Agree smuggler. Agree. I have a feeling 12 is about to go off. Doubs, Watson, Jones, Tonyan…. Someone is going off in the passing game.

MadtownPacker
01-08-2023, 06:03 PM
How many seconds do you think it would take for you to get Jordan Loves packer pecker out of his pants, ball licker!? :lol:
A couple of TDs but if he got the win I’m betting you would ask me if you can try first!! :lol:

smuggler
01-08-2023, 06:24 PM
Tie also eliminates Seachickies unless Packers/Lions also ends in a tie.

Edit: this would have required the Cowpokes to beat the Commanders. They did not.

bobblehead
01-08-2023, 06:27 PM
Agree smuggler. Agree. I have a feeling 12 is about to go off. Doubs, Watson, Jones, Tonyan…. Someone is going off in the passing game.
Still very good, but list of better QBs at this point.

Allen, Maholmes, Burrow

List of similar QBs is big:

Lawrence, Hurts, Brady, Stafford, Dak, Lamaar...i could keep going here with guys who are clearly equal this season only.

smuggler
01-08-2023, 06:32 PM
At this point I don't think Brady belongs in that group. He's below average at best. He needs TONS of support to succeed. And his success this year has been an 8-9 record.

George Cumby
01-08-2023, 07:06 PM
This game is for you then!

Sounds good to me!

sharpe1027
01-08-2023, 07:07 PM
So many excuses for Rodgers. I don't need the stats to form an opinion, I saw the games. He played like an average QB this year.

MadtownPacker
01-08-2023, 07:10 PM
The question isnt if he didn’t play good enough this year we all know he didn’t. The question is if he’s got enough in the tank for tonight. I think he does.

sharpe1027
01-08-2023, 07:17 PM
The question isnt if he didn’t play good enough this year we all know he didn’t. The question is if he’s got enough in the tank for tonight. I think he does.

Yes, he does. This team's better than it's record. We don't need MVP level from Rodgers.

smuggler
01-08-2023, 07:17 PM
I agree, Sharpe. He was a middling QB in terms of play and production. It's about tonight, the playoffs (lol), and the future. I think he will be better next year, based on an intersection of his abilities slightly improving and his circumstances greatly improving.