PDA

View Full Version : Studs and Duds, Roaring Lions, Part 2, 2022.

George Cumby
01-08-2023, 10:43 PM
Stud:

Watson

Duds:

MLF
Barry
Butte

red
01-08-2023, 10:57 PM
watson somehow had a massive game during a pathetic overall offensive performance

MLF is a giant dud. how does you offense look so limp dicked in your biggest game of the year?

King Friday
01-08-2023, 10:59 PM
MLF deserves a ton of blame for this season. The team was never ready to go. Worst in the league in the red zone on offense. As a supposed offensive genius, his team sucked giant donkey balls most of the time. To have a QB that is incapable of throwing for 300 yards in the current NFL isn’t going to get job done.

MadtownPacker
01-08-2023, 11:22 PM
Duds:
Lafluke - At least that’s what it starting to look like now. You can’t coach for shit.

Rodgers - To raiders would make all happy.

Fosco - Showed he was a choker and called out Rodgers critics for being honest like he is a homeless guy on the street corner yelling.

All three for allowing Detroit to sweep the Packers for the first time since 1991! What a bunch of fuck ups worse than the Three Stooges.

call_me_ishmael
01-08-2023, 11:27 PM
watson somehow had a massive game during a pathetic overall offensive performance

Did he though? He didn't seem to do much other than get lucky on that hero ball. He needs to extend his arsenal a bit IMO.

MadScientist
01-08-2023, 11:50 PM
Studs - Nobody really. Just a couple who didn't completely suck.
Duds - OL, DL, Passing game, entire game strategy
Complete and utter bed-shitting fuckups - Q Walker, Douglass

This is the kind of failure that costs people jobs, but I'm not sure who will actually lose theirs.

This is the team we thought it was after 12 weeks. That 4 game win streak was just a bullshit mirage.

call_me_ishmael
01-08-2023, 11:52 PM
Rasul Douglas has kinda sucked all year. I don't think he'll be back. I suspect the Packers will move on from Barry now and play a lot less zone. It doesn't fit with their two dawg corners. Is it just me or has 21 been invisible for awhile? I guess that's kind of a good thing with a corner.

HarveyWallbangers
01-08-2023, 11:53 PM
Rasul Douglas has kinda sucked all year. I don't think he'll be back. I suspect the Packers will move on from Barry now and play a lot less zone. It doesn't fit with their two dawg corners. Is it just me or has 21 been invisible for awhile? I guess that's kind of a good thing with a corner.

#21 has been injured for like 6 weeks. :)

call_me_ishmael
01-08-2023, 11:54 PM
LOL well that explains why I haven't seen him or heard his number in a very long time :razz:

King Friday
01-09-2023, 05:24 AM
Did he though? He didn't seem to do much other than get lucky on that hero ball. He needs to extend his arsenal a bit IMO.

When he is wide open and Rodgers isn’t throwing him the ball, it is hardly Watson’s fault.

HarveyWallbangers
01-09-2023, 03:51 PM
He had 6 other touches for 69 yards. Yes, he did more than just that one ball. He could have had an even bigger game.

Fosco33
01-09-2023, 04:01 PM
Duds:
Lafluke - At least that’s what it starting to look like now. You can’t coach for shit.

Rodgers - To raiders would make all happy.

Fosco - Showed he was a choker and called out Rodgers critics for being honest like he is a homeless guy on the street corner yelling.

All three for allowing Detroit to sweep the Packers for the first time since 1991! What a bunch of fuck ups worse than the Three Stooges.

Hahaha

What’s the point of lame ass shit talkers. I’m keeping you anti homers in check

oldbutnotdeadyet
01-09-2023, 04:04 PM
Just re-watched Walker push, no excuse, dude won't l;ast long in this league if he continues that crap..

MadScientist
01-10-2023, 12:12 AM
Just re-watched Walker push, no excuse, dude won't l;ast long in this league if he continues that crap..

I wouldn't be surprised if he watches the first couple of games from his couch next year. He needs to learn to play heads up ball instead of head's up his ass ball.

Bretsky
01-10-2023, 07:57 AM
Walker is a prime example of why it's hard for teams with Academic standards for their athletes to keep up with the Georgia's and Ohio States of the world. He's a freak athlete but just not smart and lacks control. GB might be best off getting him some help to control and channel his emotions

red
01-10-2023, 08:09 AM
Walker is a prime example of why it's hard for teams with Academic standards for their athletes to keep up with the Georgia's and Ohio States of the world. He's a freak athlete but just not smart and lacks control. GB might be best off getting him some help to control and channel his emotions

you ever watch last chance u?

some of these guys are boarder line retarded, maybe even full on retarded, and yet somehow are in college and passing even though some can't even spell their names right

run pMc
01-10-2023, 10:38 AM
The RZ offense was a problem last year and this year. They have 1st and goal and can't punch it in too often. Cost them against DET. The fumble also hurt - that was a nice drive and if Jones doesn't fumble that is at least 12-3 going into halftime instead of 9-6.

If I see them handoff to Dillon out of the shotgun in goal line or short yardage situations one more time I'm going to throw something heavy. Does it ever work?
Running it from under center seems to work better there.

I'd rather them play smart than play cute with end arounds/jet sweeps to Lazard.

Fritz
01-10-2023, 12:09 PM
I don't like running out of the shotgun in those situations, either. When they do try to run straight in, not this east-west cutesy stuff like that early fourth down play, the running back often gets stuffed. That smells like an offensive line problem.

Josh Myers has not been great. Linsley was far better. So was the center before him, whose name I can't recall. But Myers was a second round pick, I think, and he kinda sucks.

They also need a right tackle. I had such hopes for Niman, but he got beaten like the red-headed step child against Hutchinson. Couldn't even get it to a draw. He just got beat over and over. And Tom looks to me like he's not ready yet, or maybe he'd be a better guard.

But the team had its preferred offensive line on the field against Detroit, and the offensive line was not good.

RashanGary
01-10-2023, 01:16 PM
They lack a receiver who can create that quick separation in close spaces and/or consistently come down with the contested catch. No go to guy in the red zone.

beveaux1
01-10-2023, 01:20 PM
They lack a receiver who can create that quick separation in close spaces and/or consistently come down with the contested catch. No go to guy in the red zone.

Maybe one of our rookies will emerge in year 2 with a move, or we draft a big TE. Maybe MLF will scheme someone open (said tongue in cheek).

SudsMcBucky
01-10-2023, 01:28 PM

MLF is a giant dud. how does you offense look so limp dicked in your biggest game of the year?

That's becoming a trend for MLF.

red
01-10-2023, 02:51 PM
I don't like running out of the shotgun in those situations, either. When they do try to run straight in, not this east-west cutesy stuff like that early fourth down play, the running back often gets stuffed. That smells like an offensive line problem.

Josh Myers has not been great. Linsley was far better. So was the center before him, whose name I can't recall. But Myers was a second round pick, I think, and he kinda sucks.

They also need a right tackle. I had such hopes for Niman, but he got beaten like the red-headed step child against Hutchinson. Couldn't even get it to a draw. He just got beat over and over. And Tom looks to me like he's not ready yet, or maybe he'd be a better guard.

But the team had its preferred offensive line on the field against Detroit, and the offensive line was not good.

how has that other center from that draft done?

the other guy was being called a can't miss once in a decade center, and we passed on him for myers

edit... creed humphrey. and he was a pro bowler this year for the chiefs

and are you thinking of JC tretter?

red
01-10-2023, 03:10 PM
oh, i looked it up. PFF grades creed humphrey as the top center in the NFL

he was taken with the very next pick after we drafted myers

run pMc
01-10-2023, 03:27 PM
oh, i looked it up. PFF grades creed humphrey as the top center in the NFL

he was taken with the very next pick after we drafted myers

Felt like a TT pick, trying to outsmart everyone by taking a lesser known prospect. At the time, I believe they said they liked him better for their scheme, plus he could supposedly play G in a pinch at his size. 6-5 centers aren't common.