PDA

View Full Version : What if Jordan Love was our QB in 2022 ?

Bretsky
01-18-2023, 11:08 PM
I've hear this more than once so I'm curious what da RATS feel.

How much better, OR worse, would we have been with Jordan Love last year ?

Bretsky
01-18-2023, 11:12 PM
Yall know my polls should not be easy :) I've heard some say the Packers Roster was good enough to be a sub par below .500 team with Love as our QB in 2022.

How do you think we would have fared with Jordan Love as our starting QB last year ?

call_me_ishmael
01-19-2023, 09:53 AM
If they are starting Love next year, I think they make a slew of other tough choices and flip from one of the older rosters to a younger roster.

George Cumby
01-19-2023, 11:39 AM
He's younger, faster with a stronger arm and can be coached.

From our small sample size, he's more accurate.

Love would've got us more wins.

Joemailman
01-19-2023, 11:46 AM
If they are starting Love next year, I think they make a slew of other tough choices and flip from one of the older rosters to a younger roster.

Actually before the 2022 season started the Packers were the 10th youngest team. If they move on from Rodgers, Crosby and Lewis, they will surely be one of the very youngest.

Deputy Nutz
01-19-2023, 01:58 PM
9-8 if Love is the Packers QB, Could be 10-7. Rodgers didn't make the Playoffs during his first year as the starter and neither did Favre. It's a lot to ask a first year starting QB to take a team to the playoffs.

oldbutnotdeadyet
01-19-2023, 02:09 PM
Nobody knows, but that is sorta the point, we won't know until we play him..

bobblehead
01-19-2023, 03:00 PM
I said near same. Rodgers was not good bordering on bad. A first year starter would probably make some dumb mistakes, but there would have been positives to counter it. Rodgers energy level was nil this year and that bled through the roster. Love would have had the opposite effect. But I feel confident in saying that based soley on this season Love would certainly not have been appreciably worse.

Fritz
01-19-2023, 03:28 PM
I voted for about the same. Love would make some bonehead plays, but the offense might've done no worse. Rodgers threw lots of picks this year.

King Friday
01-19-2023, 04:52 PM
I think Love could’ve played as efficiently at QB as Rodgers did. His legs would’ve brought a much needed additional threat to the offense in short yardage and goal line situations. It would’ve likely been a wash…still a .500 team.

Joemailman
01-19-2023, 05:16 PM
Looks like Tex must have misunderstood the poll question. :-D The thread title and poll question aren't quite the same.

texaspackerbacker
01-19-2023, 08:12 PM
True. I answered on the basis of the thread title - apparently others did too based on the comments. 3 games worse i.e. 6-11, that would be very much on the high side if Love was the QB.

ThunderDan
01-19-2023, 09:20 PM
True. I answered on the basis of the thread title - apparently others did too based on the comments. 3 games worse i.e. 6-11, that would be very much on the high side if Love was the QB.

That would mean we were 9-8 this year and in the playoffs. 3 games worse would be 5-12.

texaspackerbacker
01-19-2023, 09:43 PM
I stand corrected hahahaha.

Vincenzo
01-20-2023, 07:18 AM
No doubt in my mind that we see a drop in final results with Love at the helm. That’s not to say with a full year under his belt that we can’t get back to the level we’ve seen with AR.

sharpe1027
01-20-2023, 07:45 AM
I think the lose a game or two more, so about the same.

Here's the thing, there's a possibility that Love doesn't need to make the same throws as Rodgers can to be as effective for the team. If he plays within the system and makes the calls MLF wants.

Fritz
01-20-2023, 08:54 AM
I think Love could’ve played as efficiently at QB as Rodgers did. His legs would’ve brought a much needed additional threat to the offense in short yardage and goal line situations. It would’ve likely been a wash…still a .500 team.

Good point. In Rodgers's younger days, his legs were a killer for other teams. They'd do everything right, and Rodgers would slip out of the pocket and take off, often getting key first downs or touchdowns. That quality is rapidly evaporating for him. But Love has it.

bobblehead
01-20-2023, 10:47 AM
Not sure how anyone can think Love would have been worse to be honest. I just check espn total QBR ratings and Rodgers was 26th. He was just ahead of, in order:

Russell Wilson
Mac Jones
Davis Mills
Carson Wentz
Baker Mayfield

Thats a who's who of totally inept QB play during the 2022 season. Notables who were well ahead of Rodgers include Jacoby Brissett, Marcus Mariota, Kenny Pickett, and Andy Dalton. All basically journey men and a rookie.

Why would anyone conclude Love would have been worse?

Tony Oday
01-20-2023, 12:12 PM
He had an ok game and seems to be progressing but I think he would be much worse then AR was.

Anti-Polar Bear
01-20-2023, 01:58 PM

Tony O’Day would conclude that, historically, Black QBs have not fared well in the Green and Musta Yella.

Akili Smith couldn’t even make the team. Seneca Wallace made the Polar Bear regret cutting Vince Young. Brett “The Hun” Hundley was every bit as abominable as his distant relative, Attila the Hun. Kizer wasn’t German and he couldn’t hold Tim Boyle’s jockstrap. Aaron Brooks displayed some kung fu but he never played a down for the Packers, as McCarthy stole Brooks away on his way out after Rhodes’ infamous one and done season.

Prior to the Balding Eagles game, all Love showed in his token appearances was inaccuracy, indecisiveness and the inability to handle blitzes.

Paraphrasing O’Day here. :)

red
01-20-2023, 05:23 PM
Not sure how anyone can think Love would have been worse to be honest. I just check espn total QBR ratings and Rodgers was 26th. He was just ahead of, in order:

Russell Wilson
Mac Jones
Davis Mills
Carson Wentz
Baker Mayfield

Thats a who's who of totally inept QB play during the 2022 season. Notables who were well ahead of Rodgers include Jacoby Brissett, Marcus Mariota, Kenny Pickett, and Andy Dalton. All basically journey men and a rookie.

I’m in this same boat. Road gets was average at best this season, he did nothing special, he made maybe a handful of throws where you would go “wow”, other then that he was just there doing his own thing

Love doesn’t have to make the same throws Erin does, he’ll Erin doesn’t have to attempt most of the shit he does, there are guys running wide open all over the place

Fritz
01-20-2023, 06:28 PM
I’m in this same boat. Road gets was average at best this season, he did nothing special, he made maybe a handful of throws where you would go “wow”, other then that he was just there doing his own thing

Love doesn’t have to make the same throws Erin does, he’ll Erin doesn’t have to attempt most of the shit he does, there are guys running wide open all over the place

For some reason that line really cracked me up. You're always cracking me up, Red.

MadtownPacker
01-20-2023, 08:17 PM
He had an ok game and seems to be progressing but I think he would be much worse then AR was.Final conclusion a higher draft pick. But I doubt he would’ve been worse. Thinking it would’ve been just enough one or two game difference. Then everyone didn’t have to RELAX and watch Packers hopelessly chase the playoffs and blow it.

red
01-20-2023, 09:23 PM
For some reason that line really cracked me up. You're always cracking me up, Red.

us michiganders gotta stick together

MadScientist
01-21-2023, 01:45 AM
Love would have made some bad decisions due to inexperience, however he would have made more of the short throws that Rodgers missed when his thumb was really bad. So probably a wash. If Love had started this year, he would have been much better next year. Unfortunately, he looked pretty bad in 2021, so the Packers didn't want to risk it and signed Rodgers to a terrible contract.