PDA

View Full Version : Official Superb Owl LVII Discussion Thread

Joemailman
02-06-2023, 03:00 PM
Sunday 5:30 PM Broadcast is on Fox. Kevin Burkhardt, Greg Olsen, Erin Andrews, Tom Rinaldi

Eagles favored by 1.5

Moneyline: Eagles -125 Chiefs +105

Over/under: 50.5

Joemailman
02-07-2023, 07:25 PM
Looking good for Ju Ju Smith-Schuster and Kadarius Toney to play Sunday. So MVS won't be a one man gang at receiver. Mecole Hardman out.

call_me_ishmael
02-07-2023, 11:05 PM
Eagles win 31-27

King Friday
02-10-2023, 06:14 AM
This should be a very good game. I think this is the best matchup we could have had this season. The Eagles dominated the NFC all year, and the Chiefs have one of the most talented rosters in the league.

In the end, I’m putting my money on Mahomes and Reid, who have far more experience on this stage. I thought the Eagles got unfortunate with so little of a test on the NFC side of the bracket. The Cowboys are a paper tiger that the Packers were able to beat, and SF was way too beat up. The Chiefs are going to be an enormous step up for them, so we will see how that goes.

Chiefs 27-24

Sparkey
02-10-2023, 10:24 AM
34 - 23 Iggles. The chefs pass rush will have no where near the success they had against the Bungholes offensive line.

call_me_ishmael
02-10-2023, 11:45 AM
People are sleeping on Jalen Hurts. The Niners are butt hurt. I'm not sure it's a close game still let alone Niners win if Purdy plays. The Eagles are really good. I'm not sure if he is the type of QB that can carry a team but with the roster around him right now he is super dangerous for the Eagles and a tremendous fit. Good chance he wins the MVP on Sunday with a rushing TD.

texaspackerbacker
02-10-2023, 12:36 PM
This may be the first SB in history where I root for the AFC ....... or maybe I won't watch it at all.

bobblehead
02-10-2023, 08:19 PM
This game is the culmination of my last 2 years posting on "don't pay anyone at the QB position except the elite 3 guys". You have a roster built around a rookie contract vs. the current best QB in the game. I'm leaning eagles personally.

But my larger point is this. Big contract QBs who didn't sniff this game include all of them except the current best. Prescott, Carr, wilson. I could go on. Lets look at the guys who played in the final 4. Maholmes, Burrow, Hurts, and Purdy (or Lance). 3 Rookie contracts and the best in the game. Will GMs catch on anytime soon?

call_me_ishmael
02-10-2023, 11:01 PM
This game is the culmination of my last 2 years posting on "don't pay anyone at the QB position except the elite 3 guys". You have a roster built around a rookie contract vs. the current best QB in the game. I'm leaning eagles personally.

But my larger point is this. Big contract QBs who didn't sniff this game include all of them except the current best. Prescott, Carr, wilson. I could go on. Lets look at the guys who played in the final 4. Maholmes, Burrow, Hurts, and Purdy (or Lance). 3 Rookie contracts and the best in the game. Will GMs catch on anytime soon?

I tend to agree with the theory but also want to call out you need players to perform and draft well. Packers would be here if they had great drafts in 2020 or 2021. Hell even if any of the 3 WR from the 3 WR draft of years passed worked out they would have won a bowl. Gooter has drafted pretty poorly and certainly not well IMHO. Maybe average. Maybe.

call_me_ishmael
02-11-2023, 12:42 AM
Eagles got a lot of UFAs coming up, holy cow.

https://twitter.com/gonzbologni/status/1624060151085862915

bobblehead
02-11-2023, 09:13 AM
I tend to agree with the theory but also want to call out you need players to perform and draft well. Packers would be here if they had great drafts in 2020 or 2021. Hell even if any of the 3 WR from the 3 WR draft of years passed worked out they would have won a bowl. Gooter has drafted pretty poorly and certainly not well IMHO. Maybe average. Maybe.

First off I disagree with the idea Gutes hasn't drafted well. Second, Most of our picks are later in the round because we actually had one of the "3 best in the league" but kept falling "just a bit short" of the owl. 2020 is only bad in that our 1st sits on the bench. It may turn into an epic draft if he is the real deal. 2021 was like pick 30 in each round and still got us 2 starters, and 2 solid contributors. One of the knocks on Gutes is that he didn't keep special teams aces on the roster so the latter picks aren't contributing. I think he realizes that error and will adjust in upcoming drafts.

By trading wentz and sucking for several years the Eagles had a lot of premium picks. They also traded back for more draft capital a few times. Then when the roster was ready they traded a mid first for an elite WR. We need to trade Rodgers (and probably Bak) and eat it for a year to rebuild the roster.

bobblehead
02-11-2023, 09:15 AM
Eagles got a lot of UFAs coming up, holy cow.

https://twitter.com/gonzbologni/status/1624060151085862915

Wow...thats much worse than our selection of FA. A lot of marquee players on that list.

call_me_ishmael
02-11-2023, 01:17 PM
How can you disagree? That makes no sense. There is one player from 2018 draft on the team in 2022. That’s insane.

3 guys from 2019 but one won’t get a second contract, so really two guys going forward. To their credit, they’re good players.

1 OK at best starter and 1 backup RB that probably won’t be resigned to a second deal in 2020. Maybe Love is good but that still makes it okay at best.

2021 - Stokes looks like an average starter and everyone wants to replace Myers so he is below average and kinda sucks. Wont get a second deal. So right now there is one player from this class that will exceed initial contract with team.

That’s really, really, really bad and why the team stunk ass this year. Gooter is probably on a much hotter seat than you think. He won’t survive the leadership change if he doesn’t start drafting better. Which is why I sorta think they will keep ARod around and pad his record to try to keep his job.

HarveyWallbangers
02-12-2023, 03:33 AM
Go Chiefs! The girlfriend is a Chiefs fan. She's been a fan since the early 2000s, and they never made the Super Bowl until she met me. Now, they are playing in their 3rd Super Bowl in the 4 years since we started dating. Apparently, I'm her good luck charm. I have a love/hate with the Eagles. They tend to beat the Vikings when needed. We tend to always beat the Cowboys, so we've been good for each other. But their fans are a-holes.

Teamcheez1
02-12-2023, 08:40 AM
Yawn. Beer, wings, and commercials are my only focus this evening.

bobblehead
02-12-2023, 02:26 PM
How can you disagree? That makes no sense. There is one player from 2018 draft on the team in 2022. That’s insane.

3 guys from 2019 but one won’t get a second contract, so really two guys going forward. To their credit, they’re good players.

1 OK at best starter and 1 backup RB that probably won’t be resigned to a second deal in 2020. Maybe Love is good but that still makes it okay at best.

2021 - Stokes looks like an average starter and everyone wants to replace Myers so he is below average and kinda sucks. Wont get a second deal. So right now there is one player from this class that will exceed initial contract with team.

That’s really, really, really bad and why the team stunk ass this year. Gooter is probably on a much hotter seat than you think. He won’t survive the leadership change if he doesn’t start drafting better. Which is why I sorta think they will keep ARod around and pad his record to try to keep his job.

We sucked this year largely due to injury on the OLine and subpar QB play. Its amazing we won more games over 3 years than anyone else.when we screwed everything up so bad..

Bretsky
02-12-2023, 02:29 PM
But in the past Bobble, hasn't MVP level at the QB position hid some deficiencies. ?

So this year, QB play and other things let us down and you are right about that.

I consider Gute to be a very average at best drafter; i think that's being kind

texaspackerbacker
02-12-2023, 05:30 PM
We sucked this year largely due to injury on the OLine and subpar QB play. Its amazing we won more games over 3 years than anyone else.when we screwed everything up so bad..

I'm generally a big detractor of the Packers O Line, but it actually seemed better this past season than in the past. Yeah, the QB play was subpar, and a lot of that was on Rodgers albeit mostly injury-caused. Poor D and passing problems in general, subpar receiver play, also probably mostly injury-caused were bigger problems.

"amazing we won more games over 3 years than anyone else"? a big hell no to that. It was extremely expected that we had those 13 and 14 win seasons and disgustingly amazing that we failed in the playoffs. Furthermore, it was extremely Rodgers-caused that we had those great 3 years, and furthermore, I fully expect just as great a season next year - WITH Rodgers, of course, and that maybe the next 3 or so years will be as great or greater. WHY would they not, assuming Rodgers is healthy and bounces back as he should?

Bretsky
02-12-2023, 05:56 PM
I'm generally a big detractor of the Packers O Line, but it actually seemed better this past season than in the past. Yeah, the QB play was subpar, and a lot of that was on Rodgers albeit mostly injury-caused. Poor D and passing problems in general, subpar receiver play, also probably mostly injury-caused were bigger problems.

"amazing we won more games over 3 years than anyone else"? a big hell no to that. It was extremely expected that we had those 13 and 14 win seasons and disgustingly amazing that we failed in the playoffs. Furthermore, it was extremely Rodgers-caused that we had those great 3 years, and furthermore, I fully expect just as great a season next year - WITH Rodgers, of course, and that maybe the next 3 or so years will be as great or greater. WHY would they not, assuming Rodgers is healthy and bounces back as he should?

Tex

Rodgers sub par performances in the second half of multiple playoff losses is why our season MVP receives no consideration as the GOAT

red
02-12-2023, 06:29 PM
did AJ brown just fake out the CB on that catch?

kinda looked like he faked a cut under him to get the guy turned around, then just kept going straight

red
02-12-2023, 06:33 PM
Go Chiefs! The girlfriend is a Chiefs fan. She's been a fan since the early 2000s, and they never made the Super Bowl until she met me. Now, they are playing in their 3rd Super Bowl in the 4 years since we started dating. Apparently, I'm her good luck charm. I have a love/hate with the Eagles. They tend to beat the Vikings when needed. We tend to always beat the Cowboys, so we've been good for each other. But their fans are a-holes.

fuck the chiefs

i actully don't care who wins or loses, but i was in the car for about an hour today and heard nothing but talking heads and callers talking about how pretty much any AFC team could beat any NFC team

the AFC dick sucking was over the top

so go eagles

bobblehead
02-12-2023, 07:03 PM
But in the past Bobble, hasn't MVP level at the QB position hid some deficiencies. ?

So this year, QB play and other things let us down and you are right about that.

I consider Gute to be a very average at best drafter; i think that's being kind

I'm giving gutes benefit of the doubt. Jenkins, stokes, alexander, gary are all really good picks. Love is yet to be seen. This years draft is promising. Several OL taken in 4/5 are very good. If Rodgers is traded we will see basically HIS roster. If they win 12 games there will be no denying HIS roster is good.

bobblehead
02-12-2023, 07:05 PM
did AJ brown just fake out the CB on that catch?

kinda looked like he faked a cut under him to get the guy turned around, then just kept going straight
I thought he got away with a little push in the back.

bobblehead
02-12-2023, 07:06 PM
fuck the chiefs

i actully don't care who wins or loses, but i was in the car for about an hour today and heard nothing but talking heads and callers talking about how pretty much any AFC team could beat any NFC team

so go eagles

With ya red. The NFC was way more physical this year. I think SF with purdy OR eagles are better than anyone in AFC

HarveyWallbangers
02-12-2023, 07:13 PM
fuck the chiefs

so go eagles

What? Every Fox announcer picked the Eagles on the pregame show. Every one.

bobblehead
02-12-2023, 07:14 PM
Fox has the NFC contract. They are biased

RashanGary
02-12-2023, 07:20 PM
If the chiefs don’t move the ball after half and the eagles get a long drive….. even if it’s a long drive that ends in a pick 6…. 30 minutes to 8 minutes time of possession would make it almost impossible for the chiefs to stop the eagles with that OL.

bobblehead
02-12-2023, 07:58 PM
Better coach and better QB are gonna make it a game.

Bretsky
02-12-2023, 08:01 PM
really thought the over on points was the easiest bet in the SB

King Friday
02-12-2023, 08:28 PM
Good game. The Eagles have done everything right outside of that bad fumble…yet could find themselves behind here early in the 4th if they can’t stop the Chiefs offense. I’ve still got my money on Reid and Mahomes.

King Friday
02-12-2023, 08:35 PM
Eagles overrated defense is starting to crack.

bobblehead
02-12-2023, 08:47 PM
It seems great coach+ great QB is a winning formula. Hurts is gonna be good though. He is really accurate.

MadScientist
02-12-2023, 08:50 PM
That ~40 minute rest for the KC defense really seemed to revive them.
When Mahomes limped off before the half, I really thought this game would get out of hand, but it's turned into a great game.

call_me_ishmael
02-12-2023, 08:53 PM
Hurts knew he was gonna get hit and he still went for it. Love will do that too, and that difference can mean the game. That’s kinda why I am over an old business decision ARod.

King Friday
02-12-2023, 09:16 PM
KC was more battle tested…and it showed.

Bretsky
02-12-2023, 09:30 PM
Great Super Bowl, until the final two minutes. That call was absolute garbage. In basketball with the ball on the other side of the court and five seconds left you don't blow the whistle on a cheap foul that decides the game. That was such crap and if you believe in the fix, there is some evidence. That call can be made on about 90 percent of the plays. I don't like Phily, but if I was a Phily fan I'd be pissed. That was a horrible call that decided the game

red
02-12-2023, 09:33 PM
i'll be honest. i turned the game off early in the second quarter when they advertised that it was "almost time for the halftime show!!!!!!!"

fuck the nfl and its spectacle bullshit

RashanGary
02-12-2023, 09:44 PM
Great Super Bowl, until the final two minutes. That call was absolute garbage. In basketball with the ball on the other side of the court and five seconds left you don't blow the whistle on a cheap foul that decides the game. That was such crap and if you believe in the fix, there is some evidence. That call can be made on about 90 percent of the plays. I don't like Phily, but if I was a Phily fan I'd be pissed. That was a horrible call that decided the game

Yep. RIGGED. Mahommes getting the Brady treatment.

call_me_ishmael
02-12-2023, 09:56 PM

Second game in a row some pretty jacked up stuff to keep KC going.

run pMc
02-12-2023, 10:28 PM
I thought Rhianna and the dancers were wearing pajamas.
I also thought the holding call at the end was bad. Didn't really see enough of anything to justify it. Even without the penalty, KC probably kicks the FG and Philly has to get into FG range to tie it. Doable but not a given. KC played better in the 2nd half. They got some luck in the AFC game vs. CIN as well, although that was a late hit. I've seen those get overlooked, but Mahomes is going to get the star treatment. As most good QBs do.

I'm sure there will be unrest in Philly and they will say they were jobbed. Seattle fans will tell them to suck it up and point their to SB XL loss to PIT.

call_me_ishmael
02-12-2023, 11:00 PM
Worst halftime show I can remember. I like Rihanna's music but that was very low energy and lacking on the cameos. I understand she's pregnant but maybe figure out a way to bring some guest stars or something then to bring the excitement.

bobblehead
02-13-2023, 12:44 AM

I agree that call was awful. Do we * the KC win since they got a call to beat Cincinatti as well? Still, Maholmes and Reid are incredible. Hurts was pretty damn good for first rodeo (although that fumble really cost them).

bobblehead
02-13-2023, 12:46 AM
i'll be honest. i turned the game off early in the second quarter when they advertised that it was "almost time for the halftime show!!!!!!!"

We were all out back hitting the bong and acting stupid. Didn't see the halftime show. I usually skip it. I don't really like concerts that much. I don't mind the spectacle, this is an event, but I wish they would shorten it a bit so the players don't sit in the locker room so long.

Anti-Polar Bear
02-13-2023, 09:28 AM
Didn’t watch this game - haven’t watched a Super Bowl since Super Bowl 45. But I won $25 for putting $25 on the Chefs, moneyline. Someone is getting a lap dance today.

And fuck yeah: suck dildos and go fuck yourselves, racist Italian Balding Eagles fans!

The Shadow
02-13-2023, 11:20 AM

I think you can track the decline of American culture by simply watching sequential Super Bowl halftime shows.

Joemailman
02-13-2023, 11:42 AM
I think you can track the decline of American culture by simply watching sequential Super Bowl halftime shows.

You sound like my parents generation when the Beatles appeared on the Ed Sullivan Show. And they're called the greatest generation. I'm almost 65. I've come to the shocking conclusion that I'm not the prime target audience anymore. So I don't really expect to like the Super Bowl halftime show. And I didn't. I'm kind of at peace with that.

texaspackerbacker
02-13-2023, 12:10 PM
Reading the last two posts, Joe's and Shadow's, I conclude that BOTH are true.

As for the game, I grudgingly watched most of it while playing card games online. I don't give a shit about the Chiefs, but I hate the Eagles and am glad to see them lose. It seems to me that the whole NFL was a little bit down this season - parity but at a lower level.

Fritz
02-14-2023, 07:45 AM
Didn't each team have a 16-3 record going into the Super Bowl? Wasn't Mahomes the MVP and the SB MVP? Eagles had the #1 rated defense but got run over in the second half? Seems like those were two very good teams.

How do you get that "the whole NFL was a little bit down this season"?

bobblehead
02-14-2023, 06:12 PM
You sound like my parents generation when the Beatles appeared on the Ed Sullivan Show. And they're called the greatest generation. I'm almost 65. I've come to the shocking conclusion that I'm not the prime target audience anymore. So I don't really expect to like the Super Bowl halftime show. And I didn't. I'm kind of at peace with that.

I have liked a couple of them over the years. I liked Prince. Shakira/JLo was interesting. Eventually I'll watch Rhianna, but as popular as her music is, its not my favorite genre. No denyiing her talent (and by that I mean the overall marketing/singing/branding). I think it will be hard to be worse than last years to be honest. That was awful.

bobblehead
02-14-2023, 06:15 PM
Didn't each team have a 16-3 record going into the Super Bowl? Wasn't Mahomes the MVP and the SB MVP? Eagles had the #1 rated defense but got run over in the second half? Seems like those were two very good teams.

How do you get that "the whole NFL was a little bit down this season"?

Cuz he is Tex.

But I think this was a good game and matchup. Like I said, an ascending team with a really good roster vs. the Best current QB in the game (on his way to top 5 all time) alongside one of the best coaches in the game. Coaching and QB won in the end. I'll be interested to see how defenses adjust to Hurts next year. Eagles have a lot of big UFA. I expect the NFC to be wide open and SF will be the team to beat if they field a team with a QB who doesn't have a completely shredded throwing arm.

red
02-14-2023, 06:29 PM
I have liked a couple of them over the years. I liked Prince. Shakira/JLo was interesting. Eventually I'll watch Rhianna, but as popular as her music is, its not my favorite genre. No denyiing her talent (and by that I mean the overall marketing/singing/branding). I think it will be hard to be worse than last years to be honest. That was awful.

the prince show was awesome. they will never top purple rain in the middle of a hurricane no matter how hard they try

rianna is one of those new generation that owes her career to getting drilled in the eye by her ex, her type of talent is a dime a dozen these days, you just need that little extra something special to make you famous. hers was getting on the front page with a black eye imo

Joemailman
02-14-2023, 07:08 PM
the prince show was awesome. they will never top purple rain in the middle of a hurricane no matter how hard they try

rianna is one of those new generation that owes her career to getting drilled in the eye by her ex, her type of talent is a dime a dozen these days, you just need that little extra something special to make you famous. hers was getting on the front page with a black eye imo

Prince was great. I remember my sister saying "Gotta admit, he's a talented little pervert."

call_me_ishmael
02-14-2023, 08:54 PM

I think most people thought last years was one of the best ever?

NewsBruin
02-14-2023, 09:18 PM

I thought they did a great (and expensive) job promoting the concert, but holy heck did it come off like a greatest-hits casino show.

bobblehead
02-15-2023, 10:02 AM
I didn't.

call_me_ishmael
02-15-2023, 12:09 PM
I am surprised, based on my assumption of your age I thought that would be right in your wheel house of high school jams.

MadtownPacker
02-16-2023, 03:47 PM
I thought they did a great (and expensive) job promoting the concert, but holy heck did it come off like a greatest-hits casino show.
It was intentionally ghetto fabulous. Kinda like rap culture in general, no matter how expensive gotta keep it hood.

NewsBruin
02-16-2023, 08:48 PM
See, I think they didn't keep it hood. All the artists did their standard shtick. No bigger message, no retrospective of the culture, despite being in the hood where gangsta rap was conceived. No chances taken. No Eminem/Slim Shady simultaneous duel that the commercial implied would happen. No fricking Martha Stewart (even though she was there, sitting one section below Guy Fieri). Everyone does their song, hits their spots, and goes offstage in time to start the third quarter.

I don't want to be that dark moody teen who thinks everyone's gotta be real and wear their suffering on their sleeve or anything, but that show was gangsta rap's audition for grocery stores and Golden Oldies stations.

call_me_ishmael
02-16-2023, 08:56 PM

Bump for bobble head

bobblehead
02-17-2023, 10:59 AM
Bump for bobble head

You bumped you spinning reality for me? I'm touched.

Myers was very good pre injury. Not so great in his comeback year. I expect him to be good with another offseason of healing. You ignore that MVS got a big contract and started for 4 seasons. You act like he didn't exist because KC payed him big (the team that actually won the owl).

We have no idea if Savage will play like he did in year 2 or year 3/4. He might get another contract and he in fact started for 4 season including 3 of them with 13 wins. You also say "3 guys" without mentioning 2 of them are all pro level, not "just guys".

2020 Runyan is "ok at best"? He has been the steadiest member of the OLine this last year. He has started for a team that won 13 games twice. He is a legit NFL starting G who will likely play 10 years. This was the worst draft, but if Love is a good NFL QB, that elevates it. And Dillon isn't Jones, but he is definitely getting a second contract. He was the 21st rated RB in the NFL last year in fantasy points. He is a good NFL player (most teams use time share at RB) Throw in 3 guys that played on ST quite a bit.

That isn't really really bad. Thats pretty good. The reason we stunk is because Rodgers played like a bottom 5 QB by all metrics this year. The OLine took time to put it together early, and the one big mistake Gutes made was assuming he could re sign DAdams and when he couldn't the cupboard was bare.

I'll knock Gutes for legit reasons. I think he stretched the cap too thin. I think he shouldn't have drafted Love in a WR rich draft. But lets be fair. We all hated the Gary pick and he is a stud.

Whatever point you think you are making is negated by the overall organizational success of the Gutes era. Now, if we come out and win 4 games with Love starting next year....then you might have a point.

call_me_ishmael
02-17-2023, 12:13 PM
You bumped you spinning reality for me? I'm touched.

Myers was very good pre injury. Not so great in his comeback year. I expect him to be good with another offseason of healing. You ignore that MVS got a big contract and started for 4 seasons. You act like he didn't exist because KC payed him big (the team that actually won the owl).

MVS - He didn't get a second contract with the Packers. Overrated player that they deemed not worth resigning. I think you view him more positively than I do. I view him as just a guy.

Myers - Eh, we'll see. Jury is still out I suppose but just about all the radio guys discuss needing to upgrade at the spot and think Tom is going to relegate Myers to the bench. That's not good for a second round pick.

We have no idea if Savage will play like he did in year 2 or year 3/4. He might get another contract and he in fact started for 4 season including 3 of them with 13 wins. You also say "3 guys" without mentioning 2 of them are all pro level, not "just guys".

I strongly disagree that Gary is an all-pro. So do the voters, because he has in fact never made a pro bowl or an all-pro team. He hasn't had ten sacks in a season yet, for example.

Jenkins I will give you is very good.

I didn't say they were guys. I said they were very good players.

Savage got benched to a street free agent so I wouldn't say it is trending well. We shall see!

2020 Runyan is "ok at best"? He has been the steadiest member of the OLine this last year. He has started for a team that won 13 games twice. He is a legit NFL starting G who will likely play 10 years. This was the worst draft, but if Love is a good NFL QB, that elevates it. And Dillon isn't Jones, but he is definitely getting a second contract. He was the 21st rated RB in the NFL last year in fantasy points. He is a good NFL player (most teams use time share at RB) Throw in 3 guys that played on ST quite a bit.

I disagree that Dillon is getting a second contract. In fact I would be shocked. He has the dude from Detroit written all over him. How are they going to afford him? I don't see it as Runyan is great or anything. Maybe I'm wrong. I'm open to that possibility. I view him as a serviceable piece but a weak link on the line. He is far more likely to get a second contract than Dillon though IMO.

Dillon looked really bad last year IMO. Not the same guy. He didn't make really any special plays and looked like a light weight.

That isn't really really bad. Thats pretty good. The reason we stunk is because Rodgers played like a bottom 5 QB by all metrics this year. The OLine took time to put it together early, and the one big mistake Gutes made was assuming he could re sign DAdams and when he couldn't the cupboard was bare.

Take Rodgers out of the equation. Just look at the drafts. They haven't yielded much beyond those R1 picks. He has knocked those out of the park clearly! But the team is not very deep due to the lack of other players contributing.

I'll knock Gutes for legit reasons. I think he stretched the cap too thin. I think he shouldn't have drafted Love in a WR rich draft. But lets be fair. We all hated the Gary pick and he is a stud.

Whatever point you think you are making is negated by the overall organizational success of the Gutes era. Now, if we come out and win 4 games with Love starting next year....then you might have a point.

I am all for stretching the cap so I don't fault him there. I don't think drafting Love was a good idea either but I agree the jury is still out there.

The overall success of the era is carried by TT players and FAs. Now is the time where we need to cut some of these older guys to have capable players on cheap contracts ready to take their place. But those players don't exist on the Packers roster. That's the crux of the matter. The team is not deep. It's very top heavy.

bobblehead
02-19-2023, 01:35 AM
I'll spend about 5 seconds on this. Gary is a flat out stud. He had 6 sacks in 9 games this year. His pressures are top notch, and he has become a plus run defender.

I hate savage. I was simply making a point. I think they made a mistake picking up the 5th year option.

MVS was rated pretty valuable by me and the winner of the Owl.

That dude from Detroit was the #3 scoring RB in fantasy this year. If Dillon has that written all over him I'll take it.

You said 1-1.5 contributors per year. I pointed out he has averaged over 2 starters per year with some contributors sprinkled in.

This year will tell us a lot about Gutes. We trade Rodgers and the entire offense is his outside Bak and Jones. The entire D is his outside Clark I believe. Rodgers played really bad this season and that is why we finished 8-9. No 2 ways about that. If we win 10 next year with Love, you can't say Gutes is drafting poorly.

RashanGary
02-20-2023, 05:44 PM
I hope to one day find me a lady who sucks me off as enthusiastically as bobble polishes Gute.

bobblehead
02-20-2023, 06:35 PM
I hope to one day find me a lady who sucks me off as enthusiastically as bobble polishes Gute.
Yea, but marriage is the opposite. Here, you forget all the negative shit I say about gutes. In marriage you will forget all the good shit.

Fritz
03-02-2023, 11:54 AM
Rashan, you will find her one day, and it will be heavenly. So you'll decide to marry her, and there's nothing like marriage to take a woman's sexual initiative away. She'll want to give you that enthusiastic head as much as Aaron Rodgers wants to play in Green Bay in January.

bobblehead
03-04-2023, 11:34 AM
Rashan, you will find her one day, and it will be heavenly. So you'll decide to marry her, and there's nothing like marriage to take a woman's sexual initiative away. She'll want to give you that enthusiastic head as much as Aaron Rodgers wants to play in Green Bay in January.

Why is the bride smiling when she walks down the isle?

Because she knows her days of giving blowjobs are behind her.

Anti-Polar Bear
03-10-2023, 04:42 AM

Music has the ability to traverse time, space, and even race. Lately, I've been finding myself checking out Olivia Rodrigo and your favorite redcoat, Pink Floyd.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHMpcUojLMU

bobblehead
03-10-2023, 11:31 AM
You are right apb. Music transcends. I listen to 60s. I listen to rap. I listen to grunge. I even listen to johnny cash and hank sr.

MadtownPacker
03-10-2023, 07:36 PM
All of you only listen to English music like typical crackaz. There are so many songs in other languages that are great.

red
03-10-2023, 09:23 PM
All of you only listen to English music like typical crackaz. There are so many songs in other languages that are great.

https://youtu.be/q-Rqdgna3Yw

Fritz
03-11-2023, 07:56 AM

Damn right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBwh1OXw6uI

bobblehead
03-11-2023, 10:23 AM

Does shakira count? I'll listen to her in any language.

Teamcheez1
03-12-2023, 08:51 AM
Going to watch the Packers- Steelers Superbowl on the NFL network this morning and dream of better days to come.

Jaire
03-12-2023, 09:32 AM
Going to watch the Packers- Steelers Superbowl on the NFL network this morning and dream of better days to come.

hahaha. I just did that last night. I haven't seen it in full since 2011. That offense was not nearly as good as I remember and they were down to the last man standing. It adjusted my perspective a bit.

bobblehead
03-12-2023, 02:00 PM
hahaha. I just did that last night. I haven't seen it in full since 2011. That offense was not nearly as good as I remember and they were down to the last man standing. It adjusted my perspective a bit.

So you realize Rodgers wasn't the hero you remember? I have tried to tell people D wins owls forever. Go rewatch the NFCC game from that year. Rodgers best play was a TD saving tackle after his near pick 6.

Jaire
03-12-2023, 03:34 PM
So you realize Rodgers wasn't the hero you remember? I have tried to tell people D wins owls forever. Go rewatch the NFCC game from that year. Rodgers best play was a TD saving tackle after his near pick 6.

Rodgers had some amazing throws, but yeah, he did miss a few. Pittsburgh and Chicago were good defenses that year. The WRs had more drops than I remember ..... same thing we've seen in recent years. What surprised me actually is how consistent AR has been over the years. If you want to see some really bad playoff QB play, go look at Manning, Brady, and Montana in the games they lost.

edit: His two throws down the middle to Jennings were amazing. The Steelers knew he was going to throw those, but they could not stop it, and that opened up the second TD to Jennings as well.