PDA

View Full Version : Who Will Aaron Rodgers Play For In 2023 (Or Will He Play)?

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

Fosco33
03-14-2023, 06:05 PM
Sorry, but I’m not buying that “media pukes and fans” pressured Gutes so much he couldn’t allow Rodgers back to Green Bay. I just think it’s nonsense.

If it were true, then Gutes should be fired immediately. Imagine any franchise whose player personnel decisions were driven by media and fans.

Sorry, Fos. You post some interesting and thought-provoking views, but that statement you made is Texian in its reach.

It was mostly in jest. But players do bring revenue - some franchises only look for players.

run pMc
03-14-2023, 06:09 PM
that is absolutely fucking insane for allen lazard

i would have said 5 or 6 million a year was too much for what he is

I wouldn't want Lazard for 4/44M either. He's 27 so he should be in his prime. He's not a speedster, not great at contested catches, and not a #1WR. I'm not sure he's even a #2 WR. He blocks really well has good size and AR trusts him. There's value there, but I'd say it has its limits. He's worth more to some teams and their schemes that others. I figured Luke Getsy was going to get him since the Bears have all that cap space, but this makes sense too. Hackett will know how to use him and with Breece Hall at RB they could do some damage if AR doesn't check out of the playcall.

Last off season he took his time signing his tender and wanted a long term deal. He didn't get one so his end of season comments weren't surprising and I figured he was gone. Seems like a good teammate and he worked hard to get from the JAX PS to where he is now... happy for him. Also happy GB didn't sign him to that deal.

red
03-14-2023, 06:15 PM
wouldn't it be funny if the jets run out of cap room overspending on all of rodgers demands, then don't have enough to fit him in

not funny for us, cause we would be stuck with him, but funny

Rastak
03-14-2023, 06:18 PM
wouldn't it be funny if the jets run out of cap room overspending on all of rodgers demands, then don't have enough to fit him in

not funny for us, cause we would be stuck with him, but funny

I'll be honest, there are a BUNCH of funny scenarios out there to be had. It's a mystery, as always with this guy.

red
03-14-2023, 06:28 PM
I'll be honest, there are a BUNCH of funny scenarios out there to be had. It's a mystery, as always with this guy.

i'm just so glad that we are just about done with him and he's about to be someone elses headcase

Sparkey
03-14-2023, 07:16 PM
Lazard was predicted to get between 10 and 11 per Year. One of the best run blockers you'll find at WR in the NFL.

Rastak
03-14-2023, 07:31 PM
Lazard was predicted to get between 10 and 11 per Year. One of the best run blockers you'll find at WR in the NFL.

I also think the WR free agent crop isn't great and the price for a WR has been rising. Vikings will have to back up a brinks truck for Jefferson.

Fritz
03-14-2023, 07:40 PM
i'm just so glad that we are just about done with him and he's about to be someone elses headcase

Now that the Jest have Lazard and possibly Cobb, do the have Guter by the balls at this point, trade-wise? “Yeah, we’ll give you a third. You don’t like that? Okay, take him back.” But then again, they don’t get Rodgers, they got no QB. It’s in everyone’s interest to git’r done.

Rastak
03-14-2023, 07:45 PM
Now that the Jest have Lazard and possibly Cobb, do the have Guter by the balls at this point, trade-wise? “Yeah, we’ll give you a third. You don’t like that? Okay, take him back.” But then again, they don’t get Rodgers, they got no QB. It’s in everyone’s interest to git’r done.

It's interesting Fritz. Jets fans are pumped, so are the Jets players. It is sort of a game of chicken in a sense as PFT mentioned. Ask too much and Jets say forget it and Murphy & Gute shit their pants. Jets face huge backlash. Jet's fans are pissed.

Really kind of an interesting situation, if you ain't Tex of course.

Fritz
03-14-2023, 07:49 PM
I’d agree there, Ras. Wonder who’d be worse off: the Packers with Rodgers wanting to play with Love a-waiting, or the Jets without a QB and big playoff hopes? We’ll see how this shakes out soon enough.

Different topic: as a Vikes fan, do you want Z Smith back?

Rastak
03-14-2023, 07:52 PM
I’d agree there, Ras. Wonder who’d be worse off: the Packers with Rodgers wanting to play with Love a-waiting, or the Jets without a QB and big playoff hopes? We’ll see how this shakes out soon enough.

Different topic: as a Vikes fan, do you want Z Smith back?

I do, not sure why he got pissed. They signed an edge rusher so maybe they let him go. He tailed off really bad last season and boy did the Vikings defense suck.

Bretsky
03-14-2023, 08:18 PM
As usual - AR says and does exactly what he means. All the haters can’t argue that he’s been super consistent.

I think he wanted to come back to GB and all the media pukes and fans made that impossible for Gute.

70% Jets, 20% Retire and 10% Packers.

Here’s hoping Love is another generational QB…

Yup he laughed about attending OTA’s and his comments about
Cobo
Coaching them up showed little regard for building
Any chemistry and making the young players feel part of something.
Threw them under the bus at times when he promoted himself as a media who’re verbally took jabs at gutebag and his head coach

Then when season was
Near the end instead of saying how excited he was about growing with the youthful talent at wr he went all Karen in his interviews and questioned if gb wanted him back after the Chicago game.

He’s not hard to read after actually hearing what he says
And how he said it. Karen wanted to be begged back again and I have no idea how to read if he wanted to come back or not.
IF he did wanna stay in gb it was only under his terms

red
03-14-2023, 08:19 PM

yeah, well, most teams don't just run screens all the time where wr's have to block

some teams do thinks like crossing routes over the middle and such

Rastak
03-14-2023, 08:23 PM
yeah, well, most teams don't just run screens all the time where wr's have to block

Maybe the occasional end around?

Joemailman
03-14-2023, 08:39 PM

https://media3.giphy.com/media/iCurwUuwpA7aBFvIOj/200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47zttzprs3eazk22894o0o8im5q4ss bijcmagp8y37&rid=200w.webp&ct=g

KYPack
03-14-2023, 08:42 PM
Rodgers will be appearing on Pat McAfee's show tomorrow at 1 pm EST.

texaspackerbacker
03-14-2023, 09:47 PM
Yeah, I'm surprised the haters haven't said more about this. Ya'all might get your wish - or not.

This is my prediction: Rodgers comes on at noon. He opens by reiterating, nobody in the media really had any knowledge because he didn't tell anybody. Next, he will mention that he's speaking out now so as to not drag things out as teams prepare for the draft, etc. Then, probably after the show cuts to a commercial and Macafee bloviates for a while, he will finally get to it. He will state that he is under contract, and he intends to honor that contract, that the contract was designed to have him finish his career in Green Bay - which is what he wanted and intends to do. He will say that he has kept in contact with the Packers and listened to what the Jets had to say, but that there really wasn't any negotiations. Therefore, he fully intends to play for the Packers this season. Macafee will then ask, how about beyond that? To which Rodgers will reply, "we'll see", depending on health and how he plays this year.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it hahahahaha.

I say again, if ya'all get your wish, tomorrow will really be the Ides of March for Packer football - the death of greatness for the foreseeable future ....... but I'm expecting that ya'all and the media pukes ya'all worship will be disappointed, and Rodgers will stay in Green Bay.

MadtownPacker
03-14-2023, 11:03 PM
Rodgers will be appearing on Pat McAfee's show tomorrow at 1 pm EST.There is going to be a shit load of puking for sure. What will be spewed??

I CAN'T WAIT!!!! Told my son, who only knows Rodgers as QB, I might throw a little party.

MadtownPacker
03-14-2023, 11:05 PM
Where’s MOBB?

Presume after tomorrow - we’ll need a singular Aaron Rodgers the Living Legend thread…This thread has all the qualifications and already a 20+ pages ride. I like how the drama and emotion is documented for eternity.

Anti-Polar Bear
03-14-2023, 11:32 PM
Yeah, I'm surprised the haters haven't said more about this. Ya'all might get your wish - or not.

This is my prediction: Rodgers comes on at noon. He opens by reiterating, nobody in the media really had any knowledge because he didn't tell anybody. Next, he will mention that he's speaking out now so as to not drag things out as teams prepare for the draft, etc. Then, probably after the show cuts to a commercial and Macafee bloviates for a while, he will finally get to it. He will state that he is under contract, and he intends to honor that contract, that the contract was designed to have him finish his career in Green Bay - which is what he wanted and intends to do. He will say that he has kept in contact with the Packers and listened to what the Jets had to say, but that there really wasn't any negotiations. Therefore, he fully intends to play for the Packers this season. Macafee will then ask, how about beyond that? To which Rodgers will reply, "we'll see", depending on health and how he plays this year.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it hahahahaha.

I say again, if ya'all get your wish, tomorrow will really be the Ides of March for Packer football - the death of greatness for the foreseeable future ....... but I'm expecting that ya'all and the media pukes ya'all worship will be disappointed, and Rodgers will stay in Green Bay.

Sorry, Tex. Logic dictates that the Butte era has ended. Only a fluke ring, but it was nonetheless a Butteyful run.

I, for one, am gonna miss Butte.

Joemailman
03-15-2023, 12:46 AM
Will his appearance be an important announcement, or a nothingburger?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FrNf6P3WcAc8m0X?format=jpg&name=small

texaspackerbacker
03-15-2023, 01:13 AM
I vote nothingburger, at least from the point of view of the haters. For true Packer fans, though, who want the team to win - which they will of course they will with Rodgers, it just might be a great day.

Fosco33
03-15-2023, 07:16 AM
This thread has all the qualifications and already a 20+ pages ride. I like how the drama and emotion is documented for eternity.

All depends on your settings. For me - it’s only 13+ pages.

Heck - it’s the exact scenario from 2008.

People bitching about Favre and dozens of threads - then the pact was made to have a singular, Favre only, thread. All other ex packers live in the Pursuing the dream for the most part.

The Official Living Legend has over 1m views! This one - a mere 10k.

In 16 years when Love joins the Jets - he too can have his own thread.

I vote for a new one.

Jereamiah
03-15-2023, 07:50 AM
Based on a few of the comments, it appears that some in here are more "Rodgers Fans" than GB fans. Seems weird to tie your entire football mindset to a single player. What's even stranger? The Jets fans are being forced into the same mindset. You should see 'em! It's hilarious. One dude has vowed to live stream until Rodgers is signed. They are convinced, CONVINCED of a SB this coming year. I attribute all this to Rodgers ability to appear to be better than he actually is. He is also basically, a manipulative cult-leader type, lol. Look what he's done to folks in here and on the Jets. SMH. If the Jets had aNY sense, they'd be pouring all this effort into signing Lamar. As it is, they will get an aging, washed, arm-punter of a TOOL that will pollute their org the same way he polluted GB.

Spaulding
03-15-2023, 08:57 AM
Based on a few of the comments, it appears that some in here are more "Rodgers Fans" than GB fans. Seems weird to tie your entire football mindset to a single player. What's even stranger? The Jets fans are being forced into the same mindset. You should see 'em! It's hilarious. One dude has vowed to live stream until Rodgers is signed. They are convinced, CONVINCED of a SB this coming year. I attribute all this to Rodgers ability to appear to be better than he actually is. He is also basically, a manipulative cult-leader type, lol. Look what he's done to folks in here and on the Jets. SMH. If the Jets had aNY sense, they'd be pouring all this effort into signing Lamar. As it is, they will get an aging, washed, arm-punter of a TOOL that will pollute their org the same way he polluted GB.

Agreed on the Rodgers worshipers. He's been one hell of a QB for the Packers but his playoff body of work the past few years suggests we're not SB bound again with him at the helm. Given that, why not move on it when it gives the franchise at least some chance of being successful post Rodgers. Being able to trade him for something and allowing the team to fully understand what they have in Love (be it bust or our future starter) appears to be the best option.

Who knows, it might also give Rodgers his best option to go out on top with the Jets if that works out. Either way, no single player is above the team. Let the rats jump ship like they did when Favre left. The ship will still be floating long after they sink. The "Days of Our Lives" drama needs to end.

Joemailman
03-15-2023, 09:06 AM
Still trying to figure out if we're waiting for Rodgers to make a decision, or if we're waiting for the Packers and Jets to work out the details of the trade. I suppose we may find out this afternoon.

MadtownPacker
03-15-2023, 09:52 AM
All depends on your settings. For me - it’s only 13+ pages.

Heck - it’s the exact scenario from 2008.

People bitching about Favre and dozens of threads - then the pact was made to have a singular, Favre only, thread. All other ex packers live in the Pursuing the dream for the most part.

The Official Living Legend has over 1m views! This one - a mere 10k.

In 16 years when Love joins the Jets - he too can have his own thread.

I vote for a new one.That’s the problem you greasy fuck. Threads like that aren’t voted on they just become legendary. The timing of the thread also matters. Hell the thread might just get made at 1pm ET today after the “announcement” goes down.

MadtownPacker
03-15-2023, 09:54 AM
Will his appearance be an important announcement, or a nothingburger?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FrNf6P3WcAc8m0X?format=jpg&name=small
He’s just saving the big announcement for his buddy. I don’t see how all this bullshit can lead to him not leaving. Really seems like the damage is done from all sides.

Joemailman
03-15-2023, 10:02 AM
There's some talk that the negotiating between Packers and Jets could go right up until draft day. Packers want Stafford-type compensation. Jets want to give up Favre-type compensation.

RashanGary
03-15-2023, 10:58 AM
There's some talk that the negotiating between Packers and Jets could go right up until draft day. Packers want Stafford-type compensation. Jets want to give up Favre-type compensation.

If we get two firsts, I don’t even feel the need to troll Tex. While not being right at all, he’s somehow right that Rodgers is the most valuable player ever if that goes down.

Fosco33
03-15-2023, 11:00 AM
That’s the problem you greasy fuck. Threads like that aren’t voted on they just become legendary. The timing of the thread also matters. Hell the thread might just get made at 1pm ET today after the “announcement” goes down.

You like the og organic style. I feel ya.

This is your ship El Capitan - I’m just a passenger on an all inclusive shit fest.

Rastak
03-15-2023, 12:01 PM
And may I direct your attention to the center ring.

run pMc
03-15-2023, 12:02 PM
If we get two firsts, I don’t even feel the need to troll Tex. While not being right at all, he’s somehow right that Rodgers is the most valuable player ever if that goes down.

I tend to agree with Tom Silverstein's take that all the compensation talk is last minute leveraging and leaks from one side or the other. I don't believe they wouldn't have at least some vague comp framework in place before flying out to California. Gute isn't going to entertain that unless he's talked a few times with Joe Douglas. Only way I can see that not being the case is if AR was very insistent on being traded, which he hasn't indicated thus far.

Hard to say for sure, AR likes few things better than to string social media and media in general along. Look at this nonsense now as proof. I think trade compensation will also depend on how long he plays, but if they got two firsts from NYJ I would be very surprised. I could see a pair of R2's (one this year, one next) where next year's R2 becomes a R1 depending on certain conditions.

Again, hard to say, but when you see players like Jalen Ramsey (who is nearing the end of his prime) traded for a R3, you know LAR is trying more to get rid of the contract than the talent. I think that's the same case here.

Rastak
03-15-2023, 12:22 PM
Aaron Rodgers direct quote: "I want to play for the Jets".

call_me_ishmael
03-15-2023, 12:24 PM
You can just tell that Aaron is pissed at the Packers. He is going to have an insane year statistically - then blow it in the playoffs :razz:

Anti-Polar Bear
03-15-2023, 12:25 PM
Aaron Rodgers direct quote: "I want to play for the Jets".

“Because the Packers want to move on to Love.”

Rastak
03-15-2023, 12:27 PM
“Because the Packers want to move on to Love.”

He said he was thinking of retiring and realized the Packers want o move on. They do not want me. Now he wants to play in New York.

Anti-Polar Bear
03-15-2023, 12:27 PM
Silver lining if Love fails: German Shepherd’s head will be on a spike (figuratively of course).

Tony Oday
03-15-2023, 12:28 PM
Well maybe we get a good trade package not just a 2nd rounder.

Fosco33
03-15-2023, 12:32 PM
He’s been pretty transparent and thoughtful. We get blessed by two top 10 qb’s back to back that outlived their contract and team’s patience.

Anti-Polar Bear
03-15-2023, 12:32 PM
He said he was thinking of retiring and realized the Packers want o move on. They do not want me. Now he wants to play in New York.

Butte Era is indeed over.

Apparently, Packers and Jets are still working on who gets who and/or what.

Fosco33
03-15-2023, 12:34 PM
Surprised that he said 90% was going to retire going into the retreat.

Had Gute really wanted him back - it would’ve happened. Two sides to every story - but he has been wanting people to be straight up with him.

It’s good for us, good for AR/Jets and the NFL. Better than him retiring at this point.

Anti-Polar Bear
03-15-2023, 12:43 PM
Butte “No malice toward the Packers.”

Favre in 2008: Fuck Ted Thompson and his bitch (female dog)!

run pMc
03-15-2023, 12:46 PM
I say again, Rodgers isn't gonna be traded, and he isn't gonna retire. If they did want to trade him - which they obviously don't, he wouldn't have much say about where he would go, except maybe to threaten retirement - which clearly would be throwing away so much money that it would be significant even to somebody as rich as he is. All of this trade talk is just ludicrous.

The team does NOT need a cap reset. A lot of things can be done to handle the cap, as has been discussed over and over, and besides, it's going up hugely this year and likely the same huge increase next year. I don't know (and don't much care except for trade purposes) if Love is any good and "ready" or not, but if he is deemed to be good, the Packers easily could (money-wise) keep him beyond his rookie contract - unless Love just doesn't want to sit behind Rodgers for another (or several more) year(s).

NORMALCY will prevail; Rodgers will be the Packers' QB; And we will have a great season(s) coming up - mark my words. And also mark the words of all the dumbasses who think otherwise.

Words duly marked. Sorry, Tex.

Sparkey
03-15-2023, 12:50 PM
Do we need to have a welfare check for Tex ?

run pMc
03-15-2023, 12:54 PM
I think Aaron still has something in the tank, and he could very well go scorched Earth on everyone because GB DIDNT WANT ME. He could just as well end up with another collarbone, knee, or hand injury behind that OL... or blame Garrett Wilson for not running his routes properly.
I just think age, last year, Jordan Love, and his contract all make it time for the team to turn the page.

GB needs to clean up their cap mess, start acquiring as much young talent as possible, and shoot for a 2025-2027 window of strong playoff contention.
Getting picks or young players from NYJ can help accelerate that process.
If J.Love stinks they will likely land inside the top 10 or (yuck) top 5 and be picking a QB. Either way it's time to push for the future. Presumably that's their plan, let's see if they can stick to it.

I'm not sure normalcy often prevails, change usually does. especially in the NFL.

Rastak
03-15-2023, 12:56 PM
Packman Jones with the best line, "That darkness retreat sounds like a jail holding cell"

Packman would know!

run pMc
03-15-2023, 01:07 PM
Rodgers was a great QB for a lot of years. First ballot HOFer.
Lot of good memories... not many from his last 20 games or so.

Will continue to cheer for him.

Don't screw this up Gute.

texaspackerbacker
03-15-2023, 01:14 PM
Well, as Shakespeare said, Beware of the Ides of March. Et Tu Gute. Brutus killed Caesar, and Gutekunst is killing Packer football.

I was at the tennis court when I saw the news on my wife's phone. I guess I was wrong, and the haters and imbeciles got it right. I say again, be careful what you wish for. It's gonna be bad times, mediocre on the good end of it, for a long time. At least I don't need to pay for Sunday Ticket, as the Packers aren't gonna be worth watching.

Hopefully they get huge compensation, but who knows about that. If the idiots are dumb enough to trade him at all, they might be dumb enough to give him away for too little.

Anti-Polar Bear
03-15-2023, 01:22 PM
Well, as Shakespeare said, Beware of the Ides of March. Et Tu Gute. Brutus killed Caesar, and Gutekunst is killing Packer football.

I was at the tennis court when I saw the news on my wife's phone. I guess I was wrong, and the haters and imbeciles got it right. I say again, be careful what you wish for. It's gonna be bad times, mediocre on the good end of it, for a long time. At least I don't need to pay for Sunday Ticket, as the Packers aren't gonna be worth watching.

Hopefully they get huge compensation, but who knows about that. If the idiots are dumb enough to trade him at all, they might be dumb enough to give him away for too little.

I know, idiots, like, Tony O’Day, think Love will fail because of, well, genetics. Ain’t no Black QB has been successful in the whitest NFL town, they cry idiotically.

Heed not ODay and his ilk. Give Love a chance. And besides, dude’s half white.

run pMc
03-15-2023, 01:24 PM
Saying he wants to be a Jet kind of throws a wrench into the negotiation leverage scuffle. GB would seem to have more leverage at the moment, no? If NYJ can't pull off a trade this looks bad for them.

Harlan Huckleby
03-15-2023, 01:27 PM
I was looking at the short list of QBs who played into their 40s
https://www.sportscasting.com/oldest-nfl-quarterbacks/

My memory is that they were mostly pretty bad in final years. Warren Moon & Brady were exceptions. Maybe Favre too. Rodgers was decent the last couple years, but decline was obvious. I don't see that much at stake, he isn't gonna be anybody's savior.

Anti-Polar Bear
03-15-2023, 01:28 PM
Saying he wants to be a Jet kind of throws a wrench into the negotiation leverage scuffle. GB would seem to have more leverage at the moment, no? If NYJ can't pull off a trade this looks bad for them.

Everyone and their baby’s mama know it’s either the Jets or Peru. If German Shepherd is competent, he’ll be able to get a nice load in return for Butte.

texaspackerbacker
03-15-2023, 01:30 PM
I wouldn't mind having a black QB if he was named Lamar Jackson. I always thought Randall Cunningham was a near-GOAT. But my impression of Love is that he ain't them. In people's dreams, he might rise to Mahomes level, a QB who can throw really well with above average mobility. But I doubt that, and no way he's gonna run like Jackson or even Justin Fields. Honestly, I'd trade Love even up for Fields.

texaspackerbacker
03-15-2023, 01:37 PM
Everyone and their baby’s mama know it’s either the Jets or Peru. If German Shepherd is competent, he’ll be able to get a nice load in return for Butte.

True, but I'm not sure he is that competent. The Packers have the contract. That is the leverage. If the Packers dig in, then Rodgers either plays for them or retires - which he likely won't. Anyway you cut it, this is a DARK DAY (no racial pun intended).

call_me_ishmael
03-15-2023, 01:38 PM
Man, I cannot even fathom the season this dude is going to have. I will miss him. All-time great Packer, arguably the greatest Packer of all time. It's time though. Hopefully Jordan is good.

HarveyWallbangers
03-15-2023, 01:38 PM
Jordan Love 2020 Scouting Combine Video (https://twitter.com/NFL/status/1234893802743009282)

I think I'd have Love #3 amongst this year's group of QBs, and he's not much older (and in some cases younger) than most of the QBs in this year's draft.

At the start of the NFL season this will be the ages of the QBs at this year's scouting combine:

Young (22), Stroud (21), Richardson (21), Levis (24), Hooker (25), Tune (23), Hall (25), Bennett (25), McKee (23), O'Connell (24), Haener (24), DTR (23), Duggan (22), Bagent (23), Cunningham (24).

Love will be 24 at the start of the season.

Anti-Polar Bear
03-15-2023, 01:46 PM

My memory is that they were mostly pretty bad in final years. Warren Moon & Brady were exceptions. Maybe Favre too. Rodgers was decent the last couple years, but decline was obvious. I don't see that much at stake, he isn't gonna be anybody's savior.

Eric Bieniemy said something about comfort being the enemy of progress. Father Time is anal as fuck, but maybe change will reignite Butte’s fire. Rare as it may be, the fire to fight is capable of debunking and sodomizing Father Time.

Wanna know which other 40 year old man need a change? Moi. I’ve been flipping burgers for way too fucking long. And for what? The fucking minimum wage.

I am gonna miss Butte. But Butte to New York is quite inspiring. One of these days, I ain’t gonna be flipping burgers anymore.

run pMc
03-15-2023, 01:54 PM

Most of the QBs on your list were washed up by their last season and were backups.
Check this one:
https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/by-the-numbers/2023/1/24/23569567/history-teaches-nfl-fans-not-to-rely-on-old-quarterbacks-aaron-rodgers-you-are-an-old

People cite Brady all the time, but was an extreme outlier if not a unicorn. The game has changed to protect QBs so they can play longer, but something (usually their athleticism) eventually gives out...usually well before 40.

Anti-Polar Bear
03-15-2023, 01:55 PM
I wouldn't mind having a black QB if he was named Lamar Jackson. I always thought Randall Cunningham was a near-GOAT. But my impression of Love is that he ain't them. In people's dreams, he might rise to Mahomes level, a QB who can throw really well with above average mobility. But I doubt that, and no way he's gonna run like Jackson or even Justin Fields. Honestly, I'd trade Love even up for Fields.

If the Packers get the 13th pick from the Jets, they’ll have two first rounders. Two 1sts and a boatload of cash (the cap can always be cooked) are all the ammo needed to acquire Jackson.

Just a thought.

RashanGary
03-15-2023, 02:14 PM
Jordan Love 2020 Scouting Combine Video (https://twitter.com/NFL/status/1234893802743009282)

I think I'd have Love #3 amongst this year's group of QBs, and he's not much older (and in some cases younger) than most of the QBs in this year's draft.

At the start of the NFL season this will be the ages of the QBs at this year's scouting combine:

Young (22), Stroud (21), Richardson (21), Levis (24), Hooker (25), Tune (23), Hall (25), Bennett (25), McKee (23), O'Connell (24), Haener (24), DTR (23), Duggan (22), Bagent (23), Cunningham (24).

Love will be 24 at the start of the season.

Kids got a chance! He looked average to below average in the little we’ve seen from him. He’d throw a couple dimes and miss a couple. But he’s gotta be fired up right now. We’re gonna get the best hes got. Hopefully it’s enough!

RashanGary
03-15-2023, 02:16 PM
Rodgers said the Packers told him in “so many words” they didn’t want him. Maybe they told him they weren’t bringing back Rodgers guys. Regardless, it’s over. Hopefully we get a 1st. I’ve consistently thought a second, but I’m hoping for more.

RashanGary
03-15-2023, 02:25 PM
Is this the official Aaron Rodgers greatest of all time thead? It would be nice to have one. I don’t think he’ll get even close to the interaction Favre got. When Favre left it was a circus. This time nobody except Tex even cares.

Fritz
03-15-2023, 02:34 PM
=https://www.fieldandstream.com/uploads/2020/11/17/K4QCTJIXFVD5PBGW4X2ERSBTFU.jpg?auto=webp&width=1440&height=1080

TEX! BABY!

RashanGary
03-15-2023, 02:40 PM
Start with the beak, Tex, I’ve heard it’s the best part.

RashanGary
03-15-2023, 02:46 PM
I think 12’s jerkoff routine is one where he puts aside all modern conveniences like porn and just looks at himself in the mirror because that is the only thing that does it for him. Plus he’s a hippy and hippys don’t watch porn.

Jereamiah
03-15-2023, 05:39 PM
Just checkin in to see what the dude that tied his shirtail to Rodgers beltloop has to say about him now..LOL. That has to be BRUTAL. I mean, what do you say after getting buried like that? Its like that guy, who's wife is getting WRECKED by the mailman whenever he goes to work, and all his neighbors are telling him, "bruh, stop, it's over, she don't want you," but he just can't let her go. Swears up and down she still loves him... This is what just happened to a couple dudes in here. and it is HILARIOUS

Rastak
03-15-2023, 07:53 PM
Just checkin in to see what the dude that tied his shirtail to Rodgers beltloop has to say about him now..LOL. That has to be BRUTAL. I mean, what do you say after getting buried like that? Its like that guy, who's wife is getting WRECKED by the mailman whenever he goes to work, and all his neighbors are telling him, "bruh, stop, it's over, she don't want you," but he just can't let her go. Swears up and down she still loves him... This is what just happened to a couple dudes in here. and it is HILARIOUS

You are new it seems. I've been battling this guy since 1998 on JSonline forum and through all the iterations of this forum which grew from that. He loves his Packers and firmly believes whatever he wants to happen wiil happen. He hasn't changed one iota. The fellow is consistent so a pass he gets.

RashanGary
03-15-2023, 10:27 PM
How many wife’s did you plow over the years as a mailman, Joe?

MadtownPacker
03-15-2023, 11:48 PM
You are new it seems. I've been battling this guy since 1998 on JSonline forum and through all the iterations of this forum which grew from that. He loves his Packers and firmly believes whatever he wants to happen wiil happen. He hasn't changed one iota. The fellow is consistent so a pass he gets.Hows his accuracy on the vikings winning the superbowl? :lol:

Fritz
03-16-2023, 07:20 AM
As I read in ACME, Rodgers said he was 90% sure he was going to retire, until he went into/came out of his darkness retreat and heard from players around the league that the Packers had been shopping him while he was in dark storage. Thus, the classic Rodgers chip has been manufactured. That is part of what apparently propelled him to want to play for the Jets instead of retiring.

So I would argue that the Packers played this as well as they could. Given that they apparently really did want to move on from Rodgers - and something did seem to change from the end of the year (Guter saying they'd given him that big contract not just so he'd play only one year for Green Bay) to Mark Murphy's clumsy "we want to help Aaron acheive his dreams" or whatever that was. Something changed. Whatever it was, Rodgers is making it sound like, had that not happened, he probaby would've retired - and of course the Packers would've gotten no compensation. But by helping Rodgers feel once-again unappreciated and unloved, they've gotten themselves in a position to get some compensation.

Joemailman
03-16-2023, 09:08 AM
As I read in ACME, Rodgers said he was 90% sure he was going to retire, until he went into/came out of his darkness retreat and heard from players around the league that the Packers had been shopping him while he was in dark storage. Thus, the classic Rodgers chip has been manufactured. That is part of what apparently propelled him to want to play for the Jets instead of retiring.

So I would argue that the Packers played this as well as they could. Given that they apparently really did want to move on from Rodgers - and something did seem to change from the end of the year (Guter saying they'd given him that big contract not just so he'd play only one year for Green Bay) to Mark Murphy's clumsy "we want to help Aaron acheive his dreams" or whatever that was. Something changed. Whatever it was, Rodgers is making it sound like, had that not happened, he probaby would've retired - and of course the Packers would've gotten no compensation. But by helping Rodgers feel once-again unappreciated and unloved, they've gotten themselves in a position to get some compensation.

The idea that something changed during the darkness retreat is off though. Rodgers said on McAfee on Jan. 31 that he knew Packers were shopping him. This was well before the darkness retreat. Rodgers is either disremembering what the timing was, or embellishing a little. Probably won't matter. Packers won't get into a war of words over timing.

texaspackerbacker
03-16-2023, 11:14 AM
You are new it seems. I've been battling this guy since 1998 on JSonline forum and through all the iterations of this forum which grew from that. He loves his Packers and firmly believes whatever he wants to happen wiil happen. He hasn't changed one iota. The fellow is consistent so a pass he gets.

And I firmly wish you, you fucking worthless Vikings piece of shit, would die miserably and rot in hell. I really don't see why an enemy bastard like you hasn't been kicked the fuck out of here a long time ago. One thing, though, that you got right - pay attention, CMI: "He hasn't changed one iota."

MadtownPacker
03-16-2023, 11:37 AM
He hasn’t gotten kicked off here because unlike say you and justinharrell he doesn’t make shit difficult.

The next time you feel like asking why someone is allowed here just log off because if you do ask I will mirror it on you.

Fosco33
03-16-2023, 12:56 PM
He said he came out of his retreat and wanted to see the landscape. To me - that means where were QBs moving, etc.

He also said he knew from all the unstated signs that his days were over (hence why he was 90/10).

Y’all read too much into shit. AR just wanted to be fired like a proper long term partner as a law firm. And not joshed around like some intern.

It’s good for everyone is he plays for the jets /

Go Pack!

call_me_ishmael
03-16-2023, 02:07 PM
He said he came out of his retreat and wanted to see the landscape. To me - that means where were QBs moving, etc.

He also said he knew from all the unstated signs that his days were over (hence why he was 90/10).

Y’all read too much into shit. AR just wanted to be fired like a proper long term partner as a law firm. And not joshed around like some intern.

It’s good for everyone is he plays for the jets /

Go Pack!

I think yesterday was a public appeal to the Packers to stop yanking him around and just set him free, via cut or to execute the trade. That is, IMO, the minimum acceptable treatment of someone who has done terrific work for you deserves. Basic decency, if you will. The Colts did a master class of this when they moved on to Andy Luck. Why can't the Packers do the same?

SudsMcBucky
03-16-2023, 02:31 PM
I think yesterday was a public appeal to the Packers to stop yanking him around and just set him free, via cut or to execute the trade. That is, IMO, the minimum acceptable treatment of someone who has done terrific work for you deserves. Basic decency, if you will. The Colts did a master class of this when they moved on to Andy Luck. Why can't the Packers do the same?

Meh, GB has already treated with WAY more than "basic decency" in the way they've compensated him throughout his entire career.

Rastak
03-16-2023, 02:33 PM
And I firmly wish you, you fucking worthless Vikings piece of shit, would die miserably and rot in hell. I really don't see why an enemy bastard like you hasn't been kicked the fuck out of here a long time ago. One thing, though, that you got right - pay attention, CMI: "He hasn't changed one iota."

Perhaps we'll see each other there someday you moron. Have a great day!

Fritz
03-16-2023, 02:39 PM
The idea that something changed during the darkness retreat is off though. Rodgers said on McAfee on Jan. 31 that he knew Packers were shopping him. This was well before the darkness retreat. Rodgers is either disremembering what the timing was, or embellishing a little. Probably won't matter. Packers won't get into a war of words over timing.

In the end, it won't matter, but it does stick in my craw a bit that Rodgers has to make it, in his mind (and the public's), seem as if he's once again gotten jerked around by somebody in the Packer organization.

texaspackerbacker
03-16-2023, 06:18 PM
He hasn’t gotten kicked off here because unlike say you and justinharrell he doesn’t make shit difficult.

The next time you feel like asking why someone is allowed here just log off because if you do ask I will mirror it on you.

I'm certainly not complaining about suspensions or warnings or whatever. This place is a lot better in that way and every other way than any other forum around.

texaspackerbacker
03-16-2023, 06:31 PM
In the end, it won't matter, but it does stick in my craw a bit that Rodgers has to make it, in his mind (and the public's), seem as if he's once again gotten jerked around by somebody in the Packer organization.

The whole shitstorm, of course, was grossly mishandled by God damned Gutekunst who never should have been so all world STUPID as to even remotely think of shopping Rodgers around. Just the same, Rodgers shouldn't have been so sensitive about it and express a wish to leave. Hence, the Packers are screwed (assuming the trade actually happens). Hopefully both Rodgers and the Jets severely regret the whole fiasco too. As I said, I'm now rooting for injury or whatever to Rodgers resulting in a bad season - assuming the trade actually happens). Unlike some damn fools in here, I also am hoping the trade negotiations get dragged out as long as possible (ideally until the Jets lose interest, as damn Gutekunst did say several days ago if the deal falls through, he'd welcome Rodgers back. I'm not getting my hope up too much, but as they say, it ain't over 'til it's over. I don't hear any fat lady singing, just a few shitheads crowing.

Bottom line, though, is probable doom for the foreseeable future.

Spaulding
03-16-2023, 06:47 PM
So what happens if the Packers go 10 and 7 this next season under Love? Would that pacify you Tex that the divorce was actually a good thing given Rodgers in his last year with the Packers produced an 8 and 9 season?

Fosco33
03-16-2023, 08:15 PM
Did someone shit in Texan’s Cheerios?

It’s just football. Love will be ok next year and maybe even good for a few years.

I bet we draft a QB mid round and a few TEs.

Life’s a circle

George Cumby
03-16-2023, 08:30 PM

I know we're all just Lions and Christians here for Madtown's entertainment, but how comments like this don't merit a ban is beyond me.

call_me_ishmael
03-16-2023, 08:47 PM
Meh, GB has already treated with WAY more than "basic decency" in the way they've compensated him throughout his entire career.

That’s dumb. Had they not paid him market rate he would have gone elsewhere and got it. Can you imagine being kicked to the curb like this at work? That’s some succession level zaniness! I realize it’s not a normal job but I see no problem being decent and fair.

KYPack
03-16-2023, 08:51 PM

Fuck you Tex.

Ras knows his football and is a great poster.

He also has more football knowledge in his fingernail clippings than you have in your whole body.

Focus on making amends for all your bullshit posts from the last two years and apollogizing to the people you've offended over that span.

red
03-16-2023, 09:28 PM

he sure does love playing the victim card

and i'm pretty sure we've had polls before about which one would you rather keep, ras or tex

pretty sure ras has won hands down every time

ras is a great poster who someone can actually have a real conversation with

MadtownPacker
03-16-2023, 11:28 PM
I know we're all just Lions and Christians here for Madtown's entertainment, but how comments like this don't merit a ban is beyond me.What a Pendejo!! I just told your boyfriend Tex that I don’t wanna hear shit about when/why I ban anyone or he will get yanked too. Then you go and do the same fucking shit!!

Rastak can take care of himself if he wants to respond to him but likely he laughed when he read it like I did. Tex isn’t doing anything that’s against the rules by telling him that. Just expressing himself. Now he starts making derailing the thread then he gets zapped.

Now get back to talking about banning Rodgers.

MadtownPacker
03-16-2023, 11:32 PM
He is a fucking millennial what did you expect.

I still remember a decade and a half ago when everybody thought I was an asshole for calling him a fucking terrible human being. I’m thinking of throwing a party this weekend to celebrate.

The Packers reward will be just getting rid of his shitty attitude and team defeating behavior. That alone is worth more than any draft picks or money.

MadtownPacker
03-16-2023, 11:33 PM
So what happens if the Packers go 10 and 7 this next season under Love? Would that pacify you Tex that the divorce was actually a good thing given Rodgers in his last year with the Packers produced an 8 and 9 season?
Honestly I could see them going 10-7 very easily. It doesn’t even sound like an impressive record, practically losing half the games. But it gets you in the playoffs nowadays unless your name is Aaron Rodgers.

MadtownPacker
03-16-2023, 11:39 PM
Rastak is a fukin troll and that exactly what he should be. I don’t want some pussy Vikings fans who going to root for the Packers success. That shits no fun. If anything he needs to lay the smack down harder on you weak little bitches. I wish he could say something terrible so I could hate him a little but I’ll probably just like him more.:lol:

MadScientist
03-17-2023, 12:15 AM
I just hope they get this thing finalized soon, so we can get on with arguing if we got enough for Rodgers. Also, until it's done there's a possibility that everything falls apart and the Packers are stuck with Rodgers.

oldbutnotdeadyet
03-17-2023, 06:40 AM
What a Pendejo!! I just told your boyfriend Tex that I don’t wanna hear shit about when/why I ban anyone or he will get yanked too. Then you go and do the same fucking shit!!

Rastak can take care of himself if he wants to respond to him but likely he laughed when he read it like I did. Tex isn’t doing anything that’s against the rules by telling him that. Just expressing himself. Now he starts making derailing the thread then he gets zapped.

Well, then ban me too as Tex repeatedly crosses the line and you do nothing about it..there are other packers forums although I like this one the best..

Fritz
03-17-2023, 06:53 AM
I just hope they get this thing finalized soon, so we can get on with arguing if we got enough for Rodgers. Also, until it's done there's a possibility that everything falls apart and the Packers are stuck with Rodgers.

What he said.

MadtownPacker
03-17-2023, 09:54 AM
Well, then ban me too as Tex repeatedly crosses the line and you do nothing about it..there are other packers forums although I like this one the best..
Ok how is he crossing the line? Cuz he calls people idiots and wishes them dead? That’s not against the rules. Because it calls people traitors and disloyal? Also OK. The only thing Tex does is piss everyone off and go against the grain. If the problem is that he doesn’t agree with everyone well there is no problem at all.

Sadly guys this is going to become the “Tex the Living Legend” thread at this rate.

MadtownPacker
03-17-2023, 09:56 AM
In a sadistic way I almost want to see it. Mostly because the Packers would make it an open competition for the starter position. I believe Rodgers would lose that competition and it would break him

texaspackerbacker
03-17-2023, 10:32 AM
Ok how is he crossing the line? Cuz he calls people idiots and wishes them dead? That’s not against the rules. Because it calls people traitors and disloyal? Also OK. The only thing Tex does is piss everyone off and go against the grain. If the problem is that he doesn’t agree with everyone well there is no problem at all.

Sadly guys this is going to become the “Tex the Living Legend” thread at this rate.

Just to be clear, I have never said, and in fact don't wish any Packer fans dead - just the enemy from another team where maybe I got a little bit carried in expressing it so graphically. And if "everybody" (actually most everybody would be more accurate) is pissed off about what I say, 1. I don't give a shit, and 2. it's because they are WRONG in WANTING Rodgers gone and thinking anything but misery and gloom and losing football will come of it.

sharpe1027
03-17-2023, 10:51 AM
Fucking A, Tex. You must be a blast at parties. Such an unbelievable negative doom and gloom personality. You don't know anymore than the next schmuck fan when/whether the Packers can put together a winning team post Rodgers. Just like you didn't know whether Rodgers was going to be offered for a trade.

Rastak
03-17-2023, 11:51 AM
What a Pendejo!! I just told your boyfriend Tex that I don’t wanna hear shit about when/why I ban anyone or he will get yanked too. Then you go and do the same fucking shit!!

True enough El Jefe!

Freak Out
03-17-2023, 01:53 PM
LOL

Sparkey
03-17-2023, 02:21 PM
He is a fucking millennial what did you expect.

I still remember a decade and a half ago when everybody thought I was an asshole for calling him a fucking terrible human being. I’m thinking of throwing a party this weekend to celebrate.

The Packers reward will be just getting rid of his shitty attitude and team defeating behavior. That alone is worth more than any draft picks or money.

Put it off a few weeks and get one of these: LOL

https://www.pinatas.com/products/aaron-rodgers-pinata

MadScientist
03-17-2023, 04:24 PM

They're sold out. Maybe Mad went on a shopping spree, or else a lot of others feel the same way about Rodgers.

Fritz
03-17-2023, 05:08 PM
Same people that bought them, outside of Mad, will be cheering wildly when Rodgers comes to Lambeau when he’s 52 years old, holding up an aging, toothless, drunken Brett Favre as they make their way to the 50 yard line.

George Cumby
03-17-2023, 05:24 PM
Same people that bought them, outside of Mad, will be cheering wildly when Rodgers comes to Lambeau when he’s 52 years old, holding up an aging, toothless, drunken Brett Favre as they make their way to the 50 yard line.

Eeeeew.

The thought of the circle jerk spectacle makes me puke in my mouth a little.

MadtownPacker
03-17-2023, 06:55 PM

SOB they are perfect but are sold out!! Likely high demand in January every year even at $89. :lol:

Joemailman
03-17-2023, 07:39 PM
SOB they are perfect but are sold out!! Likely high demand in January every year even at $89. :lol:

Bears fans bought them twice a year.

texaspackerbacker
03-18-2023, 12:59 AM
Fucking A, Tex. You must be a blast at parties. Such an unbelievable negative doom and gloom personality. You don't know anymore than the next schmuck fan when/whether the Packers can put together a winning team post Rodgers. Just like you didn't know whether Rodgers was going to be offered for a trade.

hahahaha That's about the first time I've been accused of a "negative doom and gloom personality". Normally I get accused - justifiably - of being overly optimistic about things.

Somebody asked in a post I missed seeing until just now if I'd be satisfied with a 10-7 record. Sheeeesh, would any of ya'all? (yeah, I suppose some are pathetic enough that they would be). THAT to me is the definition of mediocrity - which as I've been saying, is what I see as the high end of what can be expected the next few years.

"didn't know Rodgers was going to be offered for a trade"? Basically yes. I found it hard to believe the Packer brass would be so all world STUPID to do that, but they were. Uh yeah, I don't know any more than "the next schmuck fan when/whether the Packers can put together a winning team post Rodgers" - nor any less. However, logic says, not Love or anybody else this side of Mahomes or Lamar Jackson is gonna come close to being as good as Aaron Rodgers was and likely still is going forward. I suppose the ya'all crowd disagrees with that, but that just makes them stupid and hateful.

It's a very thin thread of hope, of course, but the damn trade hasn't happened yet, and with extreme luck for the Packers, it might not - which would result in cancelling the prospective doom and gloom and bringing back greatness for a few more years ....... but then that probably won't happen. The haters and fools will get their wish, and Packer football will be in the toilet.

sharpe1027
03-18-2023, 02:36 AM
Tex, your opinion is not logic.

texaspackerbacker
03-18-2023, 12:16 PM
Saying that neither Love nor any other QB short of maybe Mahomes or L. Jackson, maybe throw in 1 or 2 others on the top level would come close to Aaron Rodgers going forward, THAT's not logical to you?

MadtownPacker
03-18-2023, 12:19 PM
Wait a minute Tex. You’re saying 10-7 isn’t good enough for Love next year but 8-9 was good enough for Erron this past season? 10-7 would have been playoffs.

Let’s just totally forget the last time the Packers won the Super Bowl they were 10 -6.

texaspackerbacker
03-18-2023, 12:28 PM
Love: I'm saying 10-7 is about the absolute best that we could ever expect. Rodgers: the 8-9 miserable year this past season, of course, was tainted with injuries to Rodgers and the WRs, etc. Of course that ain't good enough. It shouldn't have happened, and it almost certainly wouldn't happen next year with Rodgers. And ya'all know how much I care about Super Bowls.

MadtownPacker
03-18-2023, 12:32 PM
My point being that Rodgers most successful season came with a 10 and 6 record. Do you think he prefers the 15-1 season?

texaspackerbacker
03-18-2023, 12:46 PM
I think I prefer 15-1 or 14-3 or 13-4.

MadtownPacker
03-18-2023, 01:10 PM
I think I prefer 15-1 or 14-3 or 13-4.
Would you be a dear and look up the Packers playoff records when they had those regular season records? I would really appreciate it man.

red
03-18-2023, 02:01 PM
you don't get trophies for winning the regular season

sharpe1027
03-18-2023, 03:29 PM
Love: I'm saying 10-7 is about the absolute best that we could ever expect. Rodgers: the 8-9 miserable year this past season, of course, was tainted with injuries to Rodgers and the WRs, etc. Of course that ain't good enough. It shouldn't have happened, and it almost certainly wouldn't happen next year with Rodgers. And ya'all know how much I care about Super Bowls.

Bullshit. They can win more than 10, and it's not even that difficult to imagine it happening in the next 2-3 years. It doesn't take a hall-of-fame QB to win more than 10. Plenty of examples of average QB play getting better records.

I'll concede it might not happen, but 10 wins is far, far, far from the "absolute best" we can expect.

RashanGary
03-18-2023, 09:11 PM
Rodgers said the Packers told him “in so many words” that they were moving on. He added that they’ve been more direct with other players from what he was told.

What does “in so many words” mean? They probably told him they might not be able to out bid the competition for his guys services. That might have been enough for Rodgers to feel like he was disrespected.

The Packers are ready to move on though. They would have caved to all Rodgers demands like they did last year if they weren’t ready. Same way they stopped dealing with Favre when they didn’t need him anymore.

I haven’t seen a lot to get excited about with Love. But the Packers choosing to move on is a good sign. They must feel good about 10

RashanGary
03-18-2023, 09:14 PM
I take it back. Love has good size, a big arm and average to above average athleticism for the position. So he has the tools. There is a little to be excited about.

sharpe1027
03-18-2023, 09:20 PM
Saying that neither Love nor any other QB short of maybe Mahomes or L. Jackson, maybe throw in 1 or 2 others on the top level would come close to Aaron Rodgers going forward, THAT's not logical to you?
If that's all you said, nobody would disagree.

RashanGary
03-18-2023, 10:06 PM
If we luck into a 3rd straight 15 year HOF QB, listening the Bears fans 15 years from now (literally 45 straight years of getting their asses kicked) will be so great!

texaspackerbacker
03-18-2023, 11:38 PM
Yeah, that 3rd straight 15 year HOF QB would be great, but don't hold your breath for it.

Madtown, hell yeah, they didn't win much if at all after those great seasons. If playoff wins and trophies is what floats your boat, then I suppose 15-1 or 14-3 or 13-4, etc. with an early out in the playoffs were not successful seasons. That ain't me, though. I'll take the bunch of wins, and fuck the damn playoffs. Anyway, for the foreseeable future, we ain't gonna have the luxury of that choice, not even close. Fuck anybody that wants this stupid "move on" crap.

sharpe1027
03-19-2023, 01:24 AM
Yeah, that 3rd straight 15 year HOF QB would be great, but don't hold your breath for it.

Madtown, hell yeah, they didn't win much if at all after those great seasons. If playoff wins and trophies is what floats your boat, then I suppose 15-1 or 14-3 or 13-4, etc. with an early out in the playoffs were not successful seasons. That ain't me, though. I'll take the bunch of wins, and fuck the damn playoffs. Anyway, for the foreseeable future, we ain't gonna have the luxury of that choice, not even close. Fuck anybody that wants this stupid "move on" crap.

Fuck Rodgers then. All he ever had to do was say he's committed to the Packers this would have been over long ago. He seems to be perfectly happy moving on, so I'll not cry and bitch about it like a little girl.

He intends to play for the Jets. I am a Packer fan first.

RashanGary
03-19-2023, 07:58 AM
The Wolf tree of GMs has been pretty good at finding HOF QBs.

Wolf got Favre
Thompson got Rodgers
Schneider got Wilson
Dorsey got Mahommes

Maybe Gute got one too. Let’s hope!

George Cumby
03-19-2023, 10:31 AM
Fuck Rodgers then.

/Thread

texaspackerbacker
03-19-2023, 04:07 PM
Fuck Rodgers then. All he ever had to do was say he's committed to the Packers this would have been over long ago. He seems to be perfectly happy moving on, so I'll not cry and bitch about it like a little girl.

He intends to play for the Jets. I am a Packer fan first.

If indeed he ends up with the Jets, then hell yeah (I'm record saying I hope he breaks his knees in that case). I have seen no evidence, though, that Rodgers wasn't fully committed to the Packers his whole career including last season, right up until this post season when apparently - and inexplicably and STUPIDLY - the Packer brass decided de-commit to Rodgers. The contract - which I refer to as glorious - demonstrated IMO a commitment both from the team to Rodgers and Rodgers to the team. It's a longshot at this point, but that contract is still in effect. Furthermore, if the trade falls through, Gutekunst is on record saying he'd welcome back Rodgers as Packer QB. Therein lies the sliver of hope that all is not yet lost.

sharpe1027
03-19-2023, 04:18 PM
You seen no evidence? Tex you're one deluded bastard.

Sparkey
03-19-2023, 05:04 PM
The 150 million was a commitment from the team. Rodgers working with the young wr's during ota's would have been Rodgers commitment to the team.

One happened, the other did not.

Bretsky
03-19-2023, 07:02 PM
The 150 million was a commitment from the team. Rodgers working with the young wr's during ota's would have been Rodgers commitment to the team.

THIS is what GUTE expected IMO

Joemailman
03-19-2023, 08:55 PM
THIS is what GUTE expected IMO

I agree. Gute gave Rodgers exactly what he wanted, and Rodgers rewarded him by not showing up until he absolutely had to. Gute learned the hard way that Rodgers never forgets a perceived slight. But he probably should have known.

Anti-Polar Bear
03-19-2023, 11:28 PM
I agree. Gute gave Rodgers exactly what he wanted, and Rodgers rewarded him by not showing up until he absolutely had to. Gute learned the hard way that Rodgers never forgets a perceived slight. But he probably should have known.

To paraphrase the great Allen Iverson, OTA’s? Are you fucking kidding me, OTA’s? Not game week practice, not training camp; hell, not even mini-camp. But fucking OTA’s, where the CBA forbids contact and players jog through plays/routes slower than Tony O’Day running the 40.

The pups were rooks. Naturally, vet QBs and rook WRs have less chemistry than O’Day has with Black folks. Ain’t matter whether or not Butte’s at the meaningless OTAs. Remember when Adams was a pub rook? Butte was at the OTA’s every fucking day. Both players still lacked chemistry came the regular season that season.

Chemistry is mushed via prolonged combat in the battlefield on any given Sunday, Monday or Thursday - not the fucking OTAs.

sharpe1027
03-19-2023, 11:44 PM
To paraphrase the great Allen Iverson, OTA’s? Are you fucking kidding me, OTA’s? Not game week practice, not training camp; hell, not even mini-camp. But fucking OTA’s, where the CBA forbids contact and players jog through plays/routes slower than Tony O’Day running the 40.

The pups were rooks. Naturally, vet QBs and rook WRs have less chemistry than O’Day has with Black folks. Ain’t matter whether or not Butte’s at the meaningless OTAs. Remember when Adams was a pub rook? Butte was at the OTA’s every fucking day. Both players still lacked chemistry came the regular season that season.

Chemistry is mushed via prolonged combat in the battlefield on any given Sunday, Monday or Thursday - not the fucking OTAs.

Then why do they bother having them at all?

texaspackerbacker
03-20-2023, 12:59 AM

This is nothing more than you repeating the media SHIT that you swallow. I repeat, no evidence of that shit. What it is evidence of is media pukes stirring up trouble, and idiots in here buying the crap they spew.

About the OTAs, what APB said.

sharpe1027
03-20-2023, 01:22 AM
This is nothing more than you repeating the media SHIT that you swallow. I repeat, no evidence of that shit. What it is evidence of is media pukes stirring up trouble, and idiots in here buying the crap they spew.

About the OTAs, what APB said.

He didn't show up to OTAs. It's a fact, not media SHIT.

He didn't come out and commit to the Packers. It's a fact, not media SHIT.

He claimed the Packers told him he wasn't wanted back "in so many words," but we know the Packers were publicly saying they wanted him back.

Bottom line, if Rodgers wanted to be a Packer he could have been and he still could be. He simply doesn't want to play for the Packers. That's more of a fact than most of the conjecture you spout about what you think is going on.

Anti-Polar Bear
03-20-2023, 02:30 AM
Then why do they bother having them at all?

Conditioning and playbook installs.

Butte has made more than enough frogskins to hire his own personal trainer, and he has mastered LaFleur’s simple offensive. Playing catch with Watson and Doubs in April ain’t gonna do shit about chemistry.

sharpe1027
03-20-2023, 07:29 AM

Butte has made more than enough frogskins to hire his own personal trainer, and he has mastered LaFleur’s simple offensive. Playing catch with Watson and Doubs in April ain’t gonna do shit about chemistry.

MLF called him out in public, I'll take his word over yours. Not to say it was the end of the world, but the only reason for him not to show up seemed to be he didn't want to be bothered. Probably needed more time to plan his up coming darkness retreat.

Also, is there any evidence he actually hired a personal trainer?

Sparkey
03-20-2023, 09:54 AM

So, do the bare minimum required ? Sounds like a response you'd get from a fry cook at a burger joint.

Spaulding
03-20-2023, 10:50 AM

Far from right if you're a QB or WR or the leader of the team. Given it's all timing based on routes and QB's throwing to a position, kinda hard to get that timing down when you don't show up. At a minimum, the team captain/leaders should be at camp. Lead by example which is something Brady had down "Pat" - pun intended.

texaspackerbacker
03-20-2023, 11:32 AM
Supposedly the Jets are also working on a possible trade with the Rams for Stafford. At least one NY media puke says he and maybe the Jets would rather have Stafford. He likely would be cheaper anyway, both in the trade and in money. This pleases me. I expect that it is troubling to the haters in here hahahaha. If Gutekunst really is STUPIDLY all in on getting rid of Rodgers, which I hopefully doubt, this could cause him to settle for less in a trade. That, of course, could be the Jets goal too - putting out some fake news about Stafford in order to put pressure on Gutekunst.

I'm still thinking gloom and doom, but from my point of view, and the point of view of anyone who truly wants the Packers to be winners, every day that goes by without a trade thickens the thin thread of hope.

Fritz
03-20-2023, 12:02 PM
Supposedly the Jets are also working on a possible trade with the Rams for Stafford. At least one NY media puke says he and maybe the Jets would rather have Stafford. He likely would be cheaper anyway, both in the trade and in money. This pleases me. I expect that it is troubling to the haters in here hahahaha. If Gutekunst really is STUPIDLY all in on getting rid of Rodgers, which I hopefully doubt, this could cause him to settle for less in a trade. That, of course, could be the Jets goal too - putting out some fake news about Stafford in order to put pressure on Gutekunst.

I'm still thinking gloom and doom, but from my point of view, and the point of view of anyone who truly wants the Packers to be winners, every day that goes by without a trade thickens the thin thread of hope.

It could be there's some truth, or it could be the Jets are trying to better their trade position. If it's the latter, expect some Packer flunky to "leak" that other teams are sniffing around Rodgers again. Who, I have no idea.

But Tex, surely you don't believe the media pukes, especially one that would dare to say the Jets would rather have Stafford than Rodgers?

Joemailman
03-20-2023, 12:25 PM
According to https://overthecap.com/If the Rams were to trade Stafford prior to June 1, he would count 74 million against their cap. 54 million more than if they keep him. They currently have 8.5 million in cap space. Tex needs to stop listening to those media pukes.

call_me_ishmael
03-20-2023, 12:26 PM
Man if I'm the Jets I'm thinking long and hard about Matt Stafford.

Fritz
03-20-2023, 12:55 PM
Man if I'm the Jets I'm thinking long and hard about Matt Stafford.

If for no other reason that to drive down the price of Rodgers....Gutes better leak word that some other teams are sniffing around Rodgers, though who that would be, I don't know. Seems like everyone who's looking for a QB has signed one, except for the teams that are going to draft a rook.

Now, will the Jets purported interest in Stafford put Rodgers's nose out of joint?

Sparkey
03-20-2023, 01:27 PM
Tex, Hating the media pukes, Except when he likes what he hears, is so Tex.

https://media.tenor.com/YIWrDbpR1-AAAAAC/pot-kettle.gif

run pMc
03-20-2023, 03:19 PM
Yeah Rams aren't trading Stafford before June 1. A deal with GB for Rodgers should get done well before then.
Interesting to see Jalen Ramsey, Leonard Floyd and Bobby Wagner not on the team and costing them 46.1M in dead cap space. Yikes. That's like 20% of their cap, gone on players that won't even be in the building.
Fielding a team with 80% of the payroll they should is a disadvantage.

RashanGary
03-20-2023, 03:37 PM
According to https://overthecap.com/If the Rams were to trade Stafford prior to June 1, he would count 74 million against their cap. 54 million more than if they keep him. They currently have 8.5 million in cap space. Tex needs to stop listening to those media pukes.

:lol:

Tex, put down the mainstream media and listen to us here. The Rams can’t trade Stafford and Rodgers is going to the Jets!

Joemailman
03-20-2023, 04:47 PM

Tex, put down the mainstream media and listen to us here. The Rams can’t trade Stafford and Rodgers is going to the Jets!

Actually I now realize about 57 million of the 74 million is already reflected in the Rams salary cap numbers, so it's possible the Rams could find a way to afford it. Still, if Rams were going to trade Stafford, they would have done it earlier when they could have avoided a lot of the dead money. It just wouldn't make sense to take that kind of a cap hit now just to get a 1st round draft pick.

texaspackerbacker
03-21-2023, 01:41 AM

hahahahahahaha I didn't say I believed the media bastards. See, this just proves what I always say, the info dug up by ordinary posters in here (no offense, Joe, calling you ordinary hahahaha) is more reliable than what those agenda-driven shitheads of the media puke out.

I'll turn that hypocrisy thing around on the damned haters in here. They loved and worshipped the media and swallowed their shit like gospel when they were stirring up trouble for the Packers about Rodgers, etc. Now when the media pukes start shitting on their parade, they point out the stupidity of it.

Yes, probably the haters are gonna get what they wish for, Rodgers gone and thus, the team down the drain for the foreseeable future. It ain't over 'til it's over, though.

sharpe1027
03-21-2023, 07:02 AM
Tex, it's not hypocrisy to have a brain and decide for yourself which opinion you read makes the most sense.

Spaulding
03-21-2023, 07:26 AM
Tex, it's not hypocrisy to have a brain and decide for yourself which opinion you read makes the most sense.

You're arguing with logic, that's not going to work. Opinion is unfortunately the new reality in our electronic world.

red
03-21-2023, 07:28 AM
if gutey somehow manages to fuck this up and the trade falls through, then you just change the locks to the building and don't give keys to gutes or murphy

run pMc
03-21-2023, 08:27 AM
You're arguing with logic, that's not going to work. Opinion is unfortunately the new reality in our electronic world.

Yes, sad but true. Also helps to post links to the media spew, an unsourced "media report" is essentially a rumor. It's easy to shoot down a rumor.
Once the major sports outlets were all reporting the NYJ brass flew to California to talk to Rodgers, you knew something was happening and it was more than hearsay.

run pMc
03-21-2023, 08:29 AM
if gutey somehow manages to fuck this up and the trade falls through, then you just change the locks to the building and don't give keys to gutes or murphy

Agree, but I think it gets done.
If it doesn't, imagine the scene in Florham Park, NY.

Joemailman
03-21-2023, 08:58 AM
Agree, but I think it gets done.
If it doesn't, imagine the scene in Florham Park, NY.

That's why I'm pretty confident it will get done. Both sides are going to look really bad if this falls through.

RashanGary
03-21-2023, 12:27 PM
I appreciate Rodgers sentiment as he ages. He wants to see the team stick together and have loyalty to the old guys. He’d rather lose as a team than win as a team of mercenaries. It’s a wholesome sentiment.

But that’s not how it works. It’s America for one. Business and cutthroat is a part of our culture. And it’s the epitome of competitiveness within a competitive environment. Rodgers is getting even less support than Favre got. And to be fair, this is the guy who cut out his family, so the kumbya love message isn’t exactly resonating with very many people.

I agree with him that we should be more chill and more worried about love and loyalty than competition. But he’s not exactly the guy I believe when he trys to spread the good word.

texaspackerbacker
03-21-2023, 12:32 PM

Uh, you're saying the ya'all crowd/Rodgers haters do that? Yeah right hahahaha.

Spaulding, that's true about opinions, even more so probably with the God damned media pukes than with us posters. And those rotten bastards actually get paid. LOGIC with regard to sports says winning is better than losing. That goes right over the heads of the idiots wanting to get rid of Rodgers.

red, Gutekunst has actually been a fairly decent GM, just with the one huge glaring fuck up, getting rid of the GOAT QB who still would be good for a few more years - the main thing dumbasses in here praise him for. Hopefully he WILL fuck up the trade, or the Jets themselves will fuck it up or whatever, cuz that's about the only thing that will save us all from misery and gloom of Packers losing for the foreseeable future.

As for "how it's gonna look" if it doesn't happen, fuck the God damned New Yorkers. As for Packers fans, outside of this forum where the Rodgers haters inexplicably dominate, it's a helluva lot closer to 50/50. Logic and good sense are actually still alive with a lot of people.

Bottom line, though, even I think it's gonna happen, and we're all gonna be following a losing team for a long while. I'd be very pleased to be wrong, but just look at how bad it has been every time Rodgers was out or playing hurt. THAT's what damn fools in here are asking for.

run pMc
03-21-2023, 01:02 PM
I don't hate Rodgers. I hate his contract, and how they've cooked the cap to make it worse.
This team was 4-8 at one point, before beating CHI, LAR, MIA and a possibly concussed Tua, and an aging MIN team some called frauds. They were not good for most of the year with Rodgers. I'm not sure he'd be able to win 10 games for GB next year... is the roster better?

If you believe his performance on McAfee, he was 90% sure he was retiring... so GB would be rebuilding/retooling/whatever pretty soon either way. Coming back to GB for ONE MORE YEAR with that contract and the future cap hits would make that process much harder and take at least a year longer. That they could trade him means they can start sooner, figure out if Jordan Love is part of that process, and get some future cap space/draft picks in trade. If he was 90% sure he was done this year, what percent will he be next year?

The goal for Gute, MLF and the rest of the team is to win the Super Bowl. Love might not be able to do that, but Rodgers wasn't going to this year.

Rodgers is one of the all-time Packer greats, and he's made more than a few 'wow' throws I'll never forget. He helped GB win a SB and a lot of other games along the way, and I certainly appreciate that (and all the years of Bear domination) but it's time to turn the page.

RashanGary
03-21-2023, 02:42 PM
I agree, runPMC. Rodgers had two MVP years and was hell bent on getting a contract while the iron was hot last year.

The Packers caved, hoping plan B was that the contract is still tradable with how they structured it so the next team would pay some of the big bonuses.

Because Aaron got the contract at the perfect time for him, and the Packers really wanted him back for one more year, they caved and now the contract isn’t so desirable for trade partner.

We might have to take a 2nd for him. I’m sure they’re trying to finagle that 13th pick, but with the contract, that might be unreasonable. Both sides have leverage. It’s time to move on. Hopefully it happens soon. I’d be fine with the 43rd pick and having his bad attitude and bad contract off our books and seeing what Love can do.

RashanGary
03-21-2023, 02:43 PM
Maybe flip our 15 for their 13 and get the 43rd pick.

red
03-21-2023, 03:23 PM
Maybe flip our 15 for their 13 and get the 43rd pick.

That first round swap is about the equivalent of a 4th and 5th round pick

Blah IMO

But it do like the idea of the first round swap being in there somewhere if we aren’t gonna get the thing outright

red
03-21-2023, 03:29 PM
What if we take their first and throw Rodgers and like our third round pick at them

Then we trade back with one of those picks to get some picks back

texaspackerbacker
03-21-2023, 03:36 PM
I don't hate Rodgers. I hate his contract, and how they've cooked the cap to make it worse.
This team was 4-8 at one point, before beating CHI, LAR, MIA and a possibly concussed Tua, and an aging MIN team some called frauds. They were not good for most of the year with Rodgers. I'm not sure he'd be able to win 10 games for GB next year... is the roster better?

If you believe his performance on McAfee, he was 90% sure he was retiring... so GB would be rebuilding/retooling/whatever pretty soon either way. Coming back to GB for ONE MORE YEAR with that contract and the future cap hits would make that process much harder and take at least a year longer. That they could trade him means they can start sooner, figure out if Jordan Love is part of that process, and get some future cap space/draft picks in trade. If he was 90% sure he was done this year, what percent will he be next year?

The goal for Gute, MLF and the rest of the team is to win the Super Bowl. Love might not be able to do that, but Rodgers wasn't going to this year.

Rodgers is one of the all-time Packer greats, and he's made more than a few 'wow' throws I'll never forget. He helped GB win a SB and a lot of other games along the way, and I certainly appreciate that (and all the years of Bear domination) but it's time to turn the page.

If you believe what he said, he wanted to finish his career as a Packer - until the team made it seem like they wanted to move on from him. The contract that both he and the team signed says the same thing, which is why I call it a GLORIOUS contract. I, for one, do not believe him when he said he was 90% retiring before the darkness thing/walking away from $59 million as well as retiring on a low note in his career. Next year? How much would he be walking away from then? Anybody know?

As for how many wins next year compared to last year, I disagree with your conclusion there. Last year was badly tainted with his own injury as well as the receivers' injuries as well as the other rookie problems. I see no reason why next year wouldn't be a lot more similar to the two previous years with Rodgers. Without him? Sure, some people think Love could possibly play as good as Rodgers last year. I have said, that's probably the high end for Love, and only then if he soaked up Rodgers' attitude not to throw interceptions. Nobody in their right mind, however, seriously thinks Love could play like Rodgers did the two previous years or most of his career, not next season and almost certainly not going forward. THAT is why I'm so pessimistic about it - the result when the Packers didn't have Rodgers playing Rodgers style football - bad bad bad.

But I'm glad to see ya'all analyzing and commenting on life WITH Rodgers instead of all this crap about without him.

Upnorth
03-21-2023, 03:42 PM

I am worried we have to put up with this until post June1. We get8.5 mill cap savings by trading him then.

call_me_ishmael
03-21-2023, 04:21 PM
It's not savings, right? They just divide it over two years. Take your medicine this year!

Joemailman
03-21-2023, 04:50 PM
It's not savings, right? They just divide it over two years. Take your medicine this year!

I agree. If they bite the bullet this year, they might actually have some cap room to work with next year.

sharpe1027
03-21-2023, 05:11 PM
If Rodgers wanted to finish his career in Green bay nobody could have stopped him. He didn't and he doesn't.

red
03-21-2023, 05:29 PM
I agree. If they bite the bullet this year, they might actually have some cap room to work with next year.

That’s why kicking all this other cap money down the road kinda sucks

run pMc
03-21-2023, 05:30 PM
If you believe what he said, he wanted to finish his career as a Packer - until the team made it seem like they wanted to move on from him. The contract that both he and the team signed says the same thing, which is why I call it a GLORIOUS contract. I, for one, do not believe him when he said he was 90% retiring before the darkness thing/walking away from $59 million as well as retiring on a low note in his career. Next year? How much would he be walking away from then? Anybody know?

So you believe Rodgers when he says he wants to retire a Packer, but not when he says he was 90% leaning to retire? That's some pretty selective belief to fit what you want to believe.

if we grant that he was truthful in one place and lied in another, what proof do we have? Moreover, what proof do we have that the thumb was the cause of all of his problems? He wasn't exactly lights out before the injury.
If the thumb was broken and he couldn't throw well with it, why didn't he take a week or two off to heal? Is it possible Jordan Love looked good enough in practice, and Rodgers feared he would perform in games and have a QB controversy -- and be the proof the front office needed to see it was time?

The thumb injury doesn't account for the poor reads and progressions -- he'd been doing that for years and didn't have Adams to bail him out anymore. (One has to wonder if he should have given half his last MVP trophy to Adams.)
We can assume some of the rookies will be better, but some will struggle. They are just as likely to have a sophomore slump as a Year 2 jump. I don't see Rodgers having an MVP season with their receiving corps as it stands.

Moreover, their cap situation -- which includes money from Rodgers prior contracts that have been kicked forward into this year -- prevents them from going out for receiving help. It's going to be dumpster diving for vets and drafting rookies. The "glorious" contract he signed was good for him and his agent, but bad for the team's cap. If he plays for GB this season and then retires, his cap hit is bonkers. If he plays two more seasons for GB, it will be crippling to the point where they will be forced to cut almost every veteran player. No Preston, No Kenny, No Aaron Jones, you're probably trading Jaire for pennies on the dollar, etc. Meanwhile, Jordan Love will be long gone and they will be without any QB after that. You would literally be starting from a position worse than the Bears.

There are tons of stories about Rodgers contract and the cap out there, and why it's bad for GB. He's a 39 year old QB coming off a down year with young WRs. QBs approaching mid 30's experience a big drop off, that he's made it to 39 is incredible in itself. NYJ has a better roster than GB at this point, let him go.

sharpe1027
03-21-2023, 05:50 PM
Uh, you're saying the ya'all crowd/Rodgers haters do that? Yeah right hahahaha.

Fuck you. I don't hate Rodgers and I form my own opinions.

texaspackerbacker
03-22-2023, 12:07 AM
So you believe Rodgers when he says he wants to retire a Packer, but not when he says he was 90% leaning to retire? some pretty selective belief to fit what you want to believe.

So YOU believe Rodgers when he says he was 90% leaning to retire? But not when he says he wants to retire a Packer? THAT's some pretty selective belief to fit what you want to believe too hahahahaha. Back at you.

What he said was the 90% retirement thing was immediately before he went into the dark. That sounds pretty self-serving and designed to back up what he said later about going to the Jets.

What he said about finishing his career as a Packer was in the more distant past - before the horrendously stupid drafting of Love (my words, not his, but maybe his thinking) or at the time the Glorious Contract was signed. Is that so hard for ya'all to believe?

Some in here (not necessarily you, runpMc) talk so definite/act like you really know what was in Rodgers' heart and mind. I don't, the media shitheads don't, and the ignoramus(es) pretending they do don't.

You're dead wrong about player retention and the cap. Preston should be gone within a couple years. Kenny shouldn't and won't be. Aaron Jones is a maybe depending on how he looks in a couple years, but they certainly could keep him if he is still worth it. Ditto that with Jaire - make that a strong probably with him. I've said repeatedly, they could retain Love along with keeping Rodgers. What that would depend on is Love being willing to be a backup for several more years. I'd put that at less than 50/50, but who knows.

All that about Rodgers fading at 39 hahahaha. He was injured, and he had inexperienced receivers who also were injured. Most QBs drop off in their mid thirties? Maybe, but Brady made it to 45, and I thoroughly expect Rodgers can and will if he wants to also.

run pMc
03-22-2023, 07:51 AM
I think Rodgers did want to retire a Packer, but that's beyond his control.

If GB keeps him Rodgers cap hit in future years will prevent them from keeping other players on lucrative second or third contracts. If you cap is 230M and your QB's cap hit is 99M, that doesn't leave a lot left for the other players on the roster.

Aside from Brady, who else has been good past age 40? Rodgers plays a different style than Brady, he's been hit/sacked and injured more than Brady, and Rodgers has already showed signs of physical decline. Moreover, if he's waffled about retiring or coming back to play for GB in previous off seasons (not just this one) why would anyone think that would go away and play 6 more seasons? You say he could play for several more seasons, but there's little to indicate HE wants to. Clearly YOU want him to.

He's been a great player, and I think he could have a Scorched Earth Rodgers season if traded to NYJ but I don't think he has more than that season left in the tank mentally if not physically. He's not leading the Packers much farther than Love will this season, might as well start with new QB now without the cap hit. As for Love, he's a first round pick, the expectations are to start or compete for a starting job at a minimum. He'd request a trade. He's not going to spend whole life working on being a QB and not be able to play.

Fritz
03-22-2023, 09:41 AM
run,m I would put a qualifier in your line that "Rodgers did want to retire a Packer." My guess is that he wanted to retire a Packer, but only if Green Bay continued to defer to some of his roster preferences - Lazard, Cobb, Lewis. When the Packers let Rodgers know that they weren't interested in re-upping Cobb or Lewis, and they didn't want to pay Lazard what he could get on the open market, Rodgers interpreted that to mean the Packers were letting him know "in so many words," as he put it, that they were moving on. I don't think there's a scenario in which the Packers let Rodgers know they weren't going to re-sign "his" guys, and Rodgers said "But I still want to come back and play for Green Bay any way." I think it was kind of a package deal - you either want me and my buds, or you don't want any of us. And I think that when the Packers let it be known they weren't re-upping Cobb, Lewis, and Lazard, they knew Rodgers would want out, and at that point that was fine by them.

texaspackerbacker
03-22-2023, 10:57 AM
I think Rodgers did want to retire a Packer, but that's beyond his control.

If GB keeps him Rodgers cap hit in future years will prevent them from keeping other players on lucrative second or third contracts. If you cap is 230M and your QB's cap hit is 99M, that doesn't leave a lot left for the other players on the roster.

Aside from Brady, who else has been good past age 40? Rodgers plays a different style than Brady, he's been hit/sacked and injured more than Brady, and Rodgers has already showed signs of physical decline. Moreover, if he's waffled about retiring or coming back to play for GB in previous off seasons (not just this one) why would anyone think that would go away and play 6 more seasons? You say he could play for several more seasons, but there's little to indicate HE wants to. Clearly YOU want him to.

He's been a great player, and I think he could have a Scorched Earth Rodgers season if traded to NYJ but I don't think he has more than that season left in the tank mentally if not physically. He's not leading the Packers much farther than Love will this season, might as well start with new QB now without the cap hit. As for Love, he's a first round pick, the expectations are to start or compete for a starting job at a minimum. He'd request a trade. He's not going to spend whole life working on being a QB and not be able to play.

I see more reasonableness in your posts than most in here (the reason I don't generally lump you in with the haters, dumbasses and shitheads), but you sure seem to have a blind spot about the salary cap. No way in hell Rodgers cap hit if he continued to play for the Packers would ever hit $99 million or anything close. They could and would keep on kicking the can with restructures, dead years, whatever and the cap, of course would keep on rising all the years he would play. Then there would be dead money when he finally did retire, but that would be spread out too.

You and maybe others keep saying Brady was different. No. The only stylistic difference was Brady wasn't as athletic as Rodgers, and that wouldn't affect longevity. Arguably, Rodgers - similar to Brady, is different from all those QBs you might be thinking of who faded in their mid thirties. How? Because both Brady and Rodgers had a much higher level to decline from. Sure, both faded a little bit with age, but even with the decline, they were far above pretty much anybody else you might think of.

A couple years ago/at the time the Glorious contract was signed, nobody - well maybe I should say almost nobody - was dumb enough to be talking about what if they cut him or trade him, etc. It was just a relief that the GOAT was signed securely for at least a few more years. What has changed since then? One bad season, and even that was only bad by Rodgers' own super high standard, and that was clearly caused by injuries to him and his receivers. If the thumb and the injuries to Watson and Doubs hadn't happened, he would have likely been near MVP again, and the Packers likely would have been up in the teens of regular season wins and who knows, maybe those craving playoff wins and the Super Bowl woulda got their wish too. But it didn't go that way, so all of a sudden, a bunch of panicky fools in here, less so among Packer fans in general, I think, are all hung up on the stupidity of getting rid of Rodgers and "moving on" - which means misery and losing seasons. WHY is that idiotic mindset so prevalent in here? It is extremely likely IMO - no reason not to expect - that Rodgers will bounce back to pre-2022 levels - and HOPEFULLY although maybe not likely, it will be with the Packers.

You don't think he has whatever left in the tank mentally? Where does that come from? hahahaha. WHY would he not have just as much left in the tank mentally as Brady did at the same age and well beyond?

run pMc
03-22-2023, 11:55 AM
you can kick salary down the road by converting it to a bonus and thus prorating that amount across the remaining length of the contract, it's much harder if not impossible to do anything with a bonus (which the 59M is, thus causing his cap hit to balloon). They already technically have a couple of fake years on the end of his contract already, they might be able to do something with that but that's unclear to me. Void years hit when the contract ends and the player isn't resigned, which is how Adrian Amos will still count against this year's cap if he doesn't play for GB.

Brady and Rodgers are different. In fact, I'd go so far to say nobody is like Brady. It might be more helpful to compare Rodgers with Favre... same team, overlapping time in M3's offense, etc. Favre got hurt and washed up by 41.

I don't think he has a lot left in the tank mentally because he was on retirement watch after the 2021 season. https://www.nfl.com/news/packers-qb-aaron-rodgers-on-retiring-after-2021-season-i-wouldn-t-rule-that-out
He didn't and we ended up on retirement watch again this season, and he tells McAfee he was leaning 90% towards it. Does that sound like a guy who is committed to play for two or five more years?
He cares about his legacy and saw the Favre retirement drama, I suspect if he's talking about retirement he's pretty close to the end.

Now I could see him get traded, go bonkers and be in the running for MVP (because he's the king of petty grudges), and retire at the end of the year saying it was on a high note and his terms. Maybe a change of scenrey will energize him.
I just don't think he's got enough to want to grind for multiple seasons, and I also think the one-season-rental aspect is part of what's holding up a trade.

The old Ron Wolf saying about better to get rid of a player a year early than a year late holds true, even for Rodgers. He's a HOFer but I think it's time.

RashanGary
03-22-2023, 04:03 PM
run,m I would put a qualifier in your line that "Rodgers did want to retire a Packer." My guess is that he wanted to retire a Packer, but only if Green Bay continued to defer to some of his roster preferences - Lazard, Cobb, Lewis. When the Packers let Rodgers know that they weren't interested in re-upping Cobb or Lewis, and they didn't want to pay Lazard what he could get on the open market, Rodgers interpreted that to mean the Packers were letting him know "in so many words," as he put it, that they were moving on. I don't think there's a scenario in which the Packers let Rodgers know they weren't going to re-sign "his" guys, and Rodgers said "But I still want to come back and play for Green Bay any way." I think it was kind of a package deal - you either want me and my buds, or you don't want any of us. And I think that when the Packers let it be known they weren't re-upping Cobb, Lewis, and Lazard, they knew Rodgers would want out, and at that point that was fine by them.

This is what I think. He said “they told me in so many words they don’t want me back” and added, “I know they’ve told other guys directly” and those are paraphrases.

What does “in so many words” mean?

He’s a petty little bitch. He can’t put himself in anyone else’s shoes and try to understand what their intentions are. It’s like a 7 year old when you accidentally step on their heel and they’re so mad cuz you did it on purpose. He literally has no ability to understand someone else’s perspective.

He’s a spoiled, pampered, athlete. He worked his ass off for a lot of it, but he has no ability to empathize and relate to others, hence he has zero long term relationships.

bobblehead
03-22-2023, 04:04 PM
If Rodgers wanted to finish his career in Green bay nobody could have stopped him. He didn't and he doesn't.

I would say this an oversimplification of the scenario.

RashanGary
03-22-2023, 04:06 PM
Rodgers is way less liked than Favre was despite being better in some ways on the field. Favre was close to his family and has a wife and kids. He cheated, but whatever. Very few people like Rodgers and it’s gotten worse since he’s let the world get to know him on mccafee. The more people saw, the less they liked.

run pMc
03-22-2023, 04:44 PM
Rodgers is way less liked than Favre was despite being better in some ways on the field. Favre was close to his family and has a wife and kids. He cheated, but whatever. Very few people like Rodgers and it’s gotten worse since he’s let the world get to know him on mccafee. The more people saw, the less they liked.

Oh, I don't know. I think the whole (allegedly) stealing from the poor is worse than anything Rodgers has done. There's also the sexting and other things. If Favre was doing some of the things he did now it'd be all over social media. Rodgers is nutcase and kind of a psycho, but he's not a criminal.

Fritz, I generally agree. It's really about him wanting to be a Packer and being in control, which meant a lot of things: play calls, scheme, how routes were run, extending out to the roster and having "his guys", etc. Some of that you grant him out of respect, but there are limits and when you can't crack 300 yards or win 9 games you don't get as much leeway. Plus, no way Lazard was staying and getting 4/44M. Cobb probably gets a vet min contract with some incentives if he's lucky. Big Dog too.
Mason Crosby is still out there.

When your guys aren't getting signed 2 weeks into FA, they might not be that good anymore.

sharpe1027
03-22-2023, 04:52 PM
I would say this an oversimplification of the scenario.

Sure. It's still true.

Fritz
03-24-2023, 07:58 AM
Rashan, I think the passage of time has dulled your memory. "Brent" was pilloried here and in other forums and in the press for how he handled his so-called "retirement." And I have to say that your saying Favre's cheating on his wife is "whatever" is pretty piss-poor, especially when you try to use the fact that he's married and has kids as support for why he was better liked. Rodgers can be self-absorbed, sure, but he he's hurt fewer people, I would suggest, than Favre did. And any guy cheating on his wife over and over is pretty self-absorbed, too, by the way.

RashanGary
03-24-2023, 08:28 AM
Points taken, fritz. Favre was so loved and almost all of that is gone now.

It’s funny to see this news come out that the Packers are asking for the 13th pick, “AND MORE.” The more the drags on, the more Jets fans come unhinged on Twitter. They were saying a 3rd and now they’re cool with a second. It’s good Gute is asking for the world. In time maybe they move to the middle and we get next years first or something.

call_me_ishmael
03-24-2023, 03:28 PM
Man, I have been seeing the tweets make the rounds of Will Levis throwing the ball and looking exactly like ARod with that friggin' release. Kinda wonder if he isn't the kid they should have annointed the next one and did the draft pick-and-wait for the next two years approach this year and won a title or two with that homie wr in Cincy. We'll never know but I bet my bottom dollar Gooter wakes up in a cold sweat at least once a week thinking about what could have been.

I still think Hendon Henderson is going to be the best QB picked this year. If I get a #2 from the JETS I am pulling a Brian Brohm and drafting Hendon Henderson.

RashanGary
03-24-2023, 03:56 PM
Man, I have been seeing the tweets make the rounds of Will Levis throwing the ball and looking exactly like ARod with that friggin' release. Kinda wonder if he isn't the kid they should have annointed the next one and did the draft pick-and-wait for the next two years approach this year and won a title or two with that homie wr in Cincy. We'll never know but I bet my bottom dollar Gooter wakes up in a cold sweat at least once a week thinking about what could have been.

I still think Hendon Henderson is going to be the best QB picked this year. If I get a #2 from the JETS I am pulling a Brian Brohm and drafting Hendon Henderson.

I remember feeling good about having two swings at a QB when Brohm was drafted. Glad 12 worked out. And I agree, another swing at a QB only makes me feel better about our odds of hitting.

Fritz
03-24-2023, 04:06 PM

But isn't this Henderson guy like 32 years old already?

And no more Brian Brohms, please. That guy sucked ass. Funny that Ted could nail it with Arod and bomb it with Brian. Same position, one home run, one strikeout on three pitches.

ThunderDan
03-24-2023, 04:54 PM
I admit that ARod most likely gives us the best chance of winning the most games next season. I am looking forward to a season where we actually run MLF's offense.

I remember being excited that we were going to have an innovative head coach (the early years of MM) again when MLF was hired. The last 4 years were garbage. We ran an offense that rightfully fitted our QB which wasn't MLF's offense.

I haven't been happy with MLF's decisions on coaches to hire and fire (or not fire as the case may be). So to me, this will be the first full year with him pulling all the strings.

Fritz
03-24-2023, 04:57 PM
I admit that ARod most likely gives us the best chance of winning the most games next season. I am looking forward to a season where we actually run MLF's offense.

I remember being excited that we were going to have an innovative head coach (the early years of MM) again when MLF was hired. The last 4 years were garbage. We ran an offense that rightfully fitted our QB which wasn't MLF's offense.

I haven't been happy with MLF's decisions on coaches to hire and fire (or not fire as the case may be). So to me, this will be the first full year with him pulling all the strings.

I think this has been Bretsky's argument, too.

run pMc
03-24-2023, 06:32 PM
Hendon Hooker is his name, and he is recovering from an ACL injury. If they draft him, he'd be on IR instantly for most of the season. Not a great idea since he can't do much in camp or preseason.
There's also some who claim Tennessee didn't run an actual offense, or more charitably, they ran something like the Art Briles offense that puts up numbers in CFB but has few if any similarities to the pros.

Hooker has a fun name, and is an interesting prospect but there are a lot of flags. IMO they'd be better off picking a different QB or signing some retread for a year as a backup to JL.

Some people love Levis, I haven't really watched him much. I've heard he could be the best of the bunch or he could be Mitch Trubisky. That's a pretty big variance.

As for MLF and his offense, this is his time to show if he's a wizard or not. I'm actually very curious to see how the offense looks and for any schematic or stylistic differences. They've been running a MLF/M3 hybrid, and last year seemed (to me) to lean more RPO and M3 stuff. I don't really remember them running mesh concepts as much as in 2020 or 2021, for example. I don't think JL will win as many games next year as Rodgers would with this team, but I think the difference would be maybe 2 wins tops. I don't think either of them would win 12 games, either way.

Bretsky
03-24-2023, 09:20 PM
I think this has been Bretsky's argument, too.

YUP YUP YUP

call_me_ishmael
03-24-2023, 09:21 PM
Henderson looked hella better in college against much better teams than JLo ever did, though. I just think he has the physical gifts and comes from a good family. Daniel Jeremiah thinks he’s a round one sleeper.

Bretsky
03-24-2023, 09:24 PM
Henderson looked hella better in college against much better teams than JLo ever did, though. I just think he has the physical gifts and comes from a good family. Daniel Jeremiah thinks he’s a round one sleeper.

I am on board with the Hooker but wonder about R2.

Spaulding
03-25-2023, 09:37 AM
I'd be highly surprised if they took a QB higher than the 5th round this year. All indications are that they are vested in Love and a high QB draft pick sends the wrong message, not to mention the opportunity cost of taking a player that likely won't see the field in 2023 barring injuries. Would rather take a flier on Jaren Hall in the 3rd which would still provide some insurance without creating drama. First and second rounds need to result in landing an impact defensive player (OLB/S) and a TE.

Fritz
03-25-2023, 09:48 AM
Been thinking about whether Rodgers secretly hopes the trade doesn't go through until the draft or even after so he has an excuse to not show up for the beginning of OTA's or conditioning sessions, which I think begin April 17th.

On the other hand, Rodgers seems like the type of guy who, if the trade goes down soon, will appear on the first day of the first officially allowed Jets team activity so he can throw a little FU to the haters who say he's not committed, and make GB look petty in the bargain.

texaspackerbacker
03-25-2023, 11:06 AM
It's funny, but it seems like the media shitheads in some cases at least have moved on to stirring up trouble for the Jets. I saw a headline this morning "Are the Jets Selling Their Soul for Rodgers?".

Fritz
03-25-2023, 01:03 PM
It's funny, but it seems like the media shitheads in some cases at least have moved on to stirring up trouble for the Jets. I saw a headline this morning "Are the Jets Selling Their Soul for Rodgers?".

That must be a rhetorical question, because the obvious answer is "yes, they are."

bobblehead
03-25-2023, 05:38 PM
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/aaron-rodgers-adam-schefter-provides-worrying-update-over-latest-talks-between-jets-and-packers/ar-AA190kTh?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=10040229f2104b5fe6c1413de08e324e&ei=28

Seems tex isn't dead yet. Time for Gutes to open talks with SF as well.

bobblehead
03-25-2023, 06:16 PM
I am on board with the Hooker but wonder about R2.

You never want to overpay for a Hooker.

bobblehead
03-25-2023, 06:18 PM
Been thinking about whether Rodgers secretly hopes the trade doesn't go through until the draft or even after so he has an excuse to not show up for the beginning of OTA's or conditioning sessions, which I think begin April 17th.

On the other hand, Rodgers seems like the type of guy who, if the trade goes down soon, will appear on the first day of the first officially allowed Jets team activity so he can throw a little FU to the haters who say he's not committed, and make GB look petty in the bargain.

Does it make us look petty if he refused to participate in those things with the Packers, but then does so with his new team??

Joemailman
03-25-2023, 06:33 PM
Does it make us look petty if he refused to participate in those things with the Packers, but then does so with his new team??

I think it makes him look petty.

bobblehead
03-25-2023, 06:46 PM
I think it makes him look petty.

That was my thought.

Bretsky
03-25-2023, 09:40 PM
You never want to overpay for a Hooker.

But if you get great performance it's ok to overpay :)

Bretsky
03-25-2023, 09:43 PM
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/aaron-rodgers-adam-schefter-provides-worrying-update-over-latest-talks-between-jets-and-packers/ar-AA190kTh?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=10040229f2104b5fe6c1413de08e324e&ei=28

Seems tex isn't dead yet. Time for Gutes to open talks with SF as well.

I don't want to get fleeced on this, and I could care less if it happens after the draft. Get their 1st and 2nd next year and make this year the year of the Love Machine. Draft a WR in round 1, and TE in round 2, and TO BOOT leak it through the media GB is chatting with Odelll Beckam :)))

Eventually da Jets will start sweating heavy. And we absolutely need to get some talks going with San Fran.

Fritz
03-26-2023, 08:38 AM
This line doesn't seem right, from that article Bobblehead posted: " He may even just decide to retire, then unretire and join the Jets anway, leaving them with nothing." I thought players couldn't do that, or else they'd all retire when they wanted to go somewhere else, then just unretire. That doesn't seem right. I thought even if a player retires, he's got to be away for at least one season before he is no longer under obligation to his old team.

This would be a whole 'nother animal if another team was interested, but it appears no one is - everyone's either signed someone already or is intending to draft a QB in the top ten or so this year. So the Packers don't have much leverage. Sure, Rodgers could retire, but then the Packers get nothing, absolutely nothing, for him (for those of you who want Gutes to play hardball, consider this possibility). And sure, the Jets don't have a QB, but isn't Matt Stafford still dangling out there, and if the Rams really, really sucked it up, cap-wise, couldn't they unload him on the Jets? Then the Packers are left holding the bag. And what if Rodgers then says he still wants to play football? Then you've got that goof-ass situation where Brent Favre was threatening to show up in Green Bay's camp.

This is fugged up. As I and a couple of others said last offseason, he should've been traded back then. Then you'd have had the picks, you'd have had Love with a year under his belt as a starter, and you'd know where you stand. I get why the team did not trade Rodgers - try for that ring one more time - but they "ran it back" to about the eighteen yard line. It didn't work out.

run pMc
03-26-2023, 10:27 AM
I think the GMs and FO's are too preoccupied with pro days and draft prep at the moment. Ohio State and a few others have just had massive pro day events. I'd expect them to hammer something out by the time some of the offseason events actually start to happen... i.e., mid April.
I don't think GB will get the #13 pick, giving away that pick for a 1 year, $60M rental of a 40 year old QB in decline is kind of a lot. If they can, they should try and get the 2 R2 picks and have them throw in a conditional pick next year and call it a day.
I also don't think this deal is going to fall apart, both sides have gone too far down respective roads to back out without it being a giant mess. If GB is going with JL as their QB they aren't going to want Rodgers anywhere near the building. New York isn't going to make all kinds of moves and say they are *this* close to getting Rodgers and turn around and sign Teddy Bridgewater as their QB savior.

call_me_ishmael
03-26-2023, 09:29 PM
Outside the box idea - what if you said "Hey Jets, we'll take your 2025 and 2026 first round picks, you can keep you current picks to make a run at it with your new guy".

I think I'd do that.

The Packers aren't picking a QB in 2023 or 2024 either way. They are definitely going to give Love at least two years.

So this way you have some assets to get the next guy if he flames out, or to really make an Eagles style run at it if he's great.

run pMc
03-27-2023, 08:15 AM
Good deal for GB, bad deal for NYJ. You might be able to talk Woody Johnson into, but Joe Douglas would probably say no. From the Jets perspective, you're giving up R1 picks after Rodgers will probably be playing.
Would love it for GB though.

Maybe if conditions were tied to the picks? I'm not attached to the idea they HAVE to get R1 picks from the Jets, I'd take the rough equivalent in the form of the two R2 picks or future R2/R3 picks that could be used to move around on draft day or traded for a good player.

Fritz
03-27-2023, 08:34 AM
Good deal for GB, bad deal for NYJ. You might be able to talk Woody Johnson into, but Joe Douglas would probably say no. From the Jets perspective, you're giving up R1 picks after Rodgers will probably be playing.
Would love it for GB though.

Maybe if conditions were tied to the picks? I'm not attached to the idea they HAVE to get R1 picks from the Jets, I'd take the rough equivalent in the form of the two R2 picks or future R2/R3 picks that could be used to move around on draft day or traded for a good player.

But that would be the point. The Jets have decided to go all-in short term with Rodgers, so they want their first rounders NOW, since they need the immediate help that a first-rounder is more likely to give you than, say, a developmental second- or third-rounder. So you want those picks now - you're going all-in. Once Rodgers is done, well, let the next suckers figure out how to deal with that, since the NFL is a short-term game as most GM's and coaches don't last too long anyway. And by that time, you can pull a Rams and trade everybody after Rodgers is gone and start fresh. There is some logic in doing it that way.

texaspackerbacker
03-27-2023, 10:09 AM
CMI and runpMc, obviously I'm against trading Rodgers in general, but if it does happen, that idea of '25 and '26 first rounders is good. Is it bad for the Jets? Who knows; Who cares. I think Rodgers would still be propelling them to greatness by then if they made the trade, but a lot of people don't think so, so who knows.

ThunderDan
03-27-2023, 11:56 AM
This line doesn't seem right, from that article Bobblehead posted: " He may even just decide to retire, then unretire and join the Jets anway, leaving them with nothing." I thought players couldn't do that, or else they'd all retire when they wanted to go somewhere else, then just unretire. That doesn't seem right. I thought even if a player retires, he's got to be away for at least one season before he is no longer under obligation to his old team.

This would be a whole 'nother animal if another team was interested, but it appears no one is - everyone's either signed someone already or is intending to draft a QB in the top ten or so this year. So the Packers don't have much leverage. Sure, Rodgers could retire, but then the Packers get nothing, absolutely nothing, for him (for those of you who want Gutes to play hardball, consider this possibility). And sure, the Jets don't have a QB, but isn't Matt Stafford still dangling out there, and if the Rams really, really sucked it up, cap-wise, couldn't they unload him on the Jets? Then the Packers are left holding the bag. And what if Rodgers then says he still wants to play football? Then you've got that goof-ass situation where Brent Favre was threatening to show up in Green Bay's camp.

This is fugged up. As I and a couple of others said last offseason, he should've been traded back then. Then you'd have had the picks, you'd have had Love with a year under his belt as a starter, and you'd know where you stand. I get why the team did not trade Rodgers - try for that ring one more time - but they "ran it back" to about the eighteen yard line. It didn't work out.

The team that has your contract has your rights if you decide to come back.

What BF did, that I still find unbelievable, is he told the Jets GM and owner that he was done with football. Was not going to play another down. Asked them to rip up his contract. And then they did.

At that point BF was a free agent if he wanted back into the NFL since he had no contract.

Rastak
03-27-2023, 06:43 PM
It sure sounds like Rodgers bailed on Green Bay per Gute's quotes.

"Via Matt Schneidman of TheAthletic.com, G.M. Brian Gutekunst told reporters at the league meeting in Arizona that the team tried to contact Aaron Rodgers “many times” during the offseason to discuss how he fits in the team’s future. Rodgers, according to Gutekunst, never responded."

“Our inability to reach him or for him to respond in any way,” Gutekunst said. “I think at that point we just kind of had to — I had to do my job and reach out and understanding that a trade could be possible.”

red
03-27-2023, 07:51 PM
so rodgers has been caught in a few more lies, guy is just a flat out douchebag

heres a story about what ras is talking about

https://packerswire.usatoday.com/2023/03/27/packers-gm-brian-gutekunst-provides-new-timeline-of-aaron-rodgers-trade-request/

heres a tweet with the original video

https://twitter.com/mattschneidman/status/1640480212155772930

Joemailman
03-27-2023, 08:10 PM
I think Rodgers decided after their initial meeting that he was going to move on. His plan then was to make it look like the divorce was the Packers idea. So he didn't return their calls knowing they would have to start talking to teams. Then act shocked and hurt at the fact that they were doing that.

red
03-27-2023, 08:25 PM
I think Rodgers decided after their initial meeting that he was going to move on. His plan then was to make it look like the divorce was the Packers idea. So he didn't return their calls knowing they would have to start talking to teams. Then act shocked and hurt at the fact that they were doing that.

yup, play the victim card, like he usually does

Fritz
03-28-2023, 07:39 AM

https://packerswire.usatoday.com/2023/03/27/packers-gm-brian-gutekunst-provides-new-timeline-of-aaron-rodgers-trade-request/

I suspect that, as is most often the case, the truth is somewhere in the middle. I think Joe is mostly right - in the initial sit-down with Rodgers, Guter likely let it be known that the Packers were going to move on from some guys ("some guys" being Cobb and Lewis, and probably Lazard and Tonyan), but that if Rodgers wanted to come back, they'd like him back and would figure out what to do with Love. Rodgers probably didn't say much - often when you're negotiating and you get a proposal you don't like, you just don't say much - but was likely slightly offended. So off he went to ponder.

Being the mostly passive-aggressive guy he is, when the Packers were calling and checking in, he didn't pick up. I am sure he did not like that the new sway he'd held the year before - getting Cobb back, Lewis back - was gone.

On the other hand, I don't buy at all that when Guters said he "had to do my job" it didn't involve shopping Rodgers. Calling GM's and asking if anyone would be interested in Rodgers should he become available is doing his job but it IS also shopping Rodgers. And Guter made it sound like after trying to contact Rodgers a bunch of times, he called Rodgers's agents and they got back to him relaying the message that he wanted to play for the Jets. The Jets? Out of nowhere, Rodgers just pulled the Jets out of his ass? Not a west coast team, not Tennessee where he owns property? Not a warm-weather location? The Jets? No, it's the Jets because that's who'd expressed an interest to Guter, and Rodgers found that out.

Ultimately, I think it comes down to what Joe has more-or-less said: Rodgers did not like the idea of losing his say on certain parts of the roster, so he sulked, and when he sulked, the Packers decided okay, we're done now. I suspect that the front office were almost looking for an excuse to move on, though.

So now both sides can play the blame game. But it's probably both sides. The relationship just got old, like some do.

RashanGary
03-28-2023, 08:21 AM
I wondered about that too, Fritz…. The timeline isn’t exactly clear there. At some point Rodgers did want to play for the Jets, but that appeared to be after the Packers did their job and shopped him.

But Hackett is there. Maybe he did want to play for the Jets. Maybe Hackett had talked to him and hinted that they’d take him. It’s tampering, but not if you subtly suggest something that you can claim you never suggested when asked about it.

RashanGary
03-28-2023, 08:24 AM
It’s kind of funny to listen to comments from Jets brass lately. They don’t have Rodgers, but they keep insisting Rodgers is plan A and they’re not exploring plan B. They’ve brought in Lazard. They’re kissing his ass to high heaven even though their devotion to him in the public eye hurts their leverage.

I was always thinking it was a 2nd round pick with a conditional that could go up to a 1st in future drafts. But as the Jets say more, I’m thinking we have a shot at those two 2nds plus conditionals.

run pMc
03-28-2023, 09:33 AM
Saw Charles Robinson reporting that proposed trade comp is a 2023 R2 and a 2024 R2 that could become a R1 under certain conditions, but the NYJ want a pick back if AR only plays one year. Giving a pick back seems to be the sticking point.

Re: Rodgers and Gute: Fritz, you're probably not far off. The truth is usually in the middle of the other two stories. Both sides are going to want to control the message and I'm confident Rodgers will have a uninterrupted pulpit on McAfee to respond.
I think they were just tired of him, and felt it was time to turn the page.

Fritz
03-28-2023, 10:38 AM
I don't blame Guter for not wanting to structure a deal that includes giving a pick back if Rodgers retires after one year. Because part of the reason you're getting rid of Rodgers is to get out from under all this off-season drama of will-he-or-won't he, and if you agree that you give back a pick if Rodgers retires after a year, then you're right back on the rollercoaster. Maybe pick up more of Rodgers's contract so the Jets get relief that way and you keep that 2024 second. Or if Rodgers retires, make the second a third. But really, one round two pick for Rodgers for one year? That's super cheap.

But if it's all they really can get, well, take it and move on.

texaspackerbacker
03-28-2023, 12:42 PM
Another day of no news is good news. We need about four more months worth of that.

Fritz
03-28-2023, 04:13 PM
Tex, you are the poster child for hope.

George Cumby
03-28-2023, 04:27 PM
Fuck Kaaron Rodgers.

Bretsky
03-28-2023, 07:35 PM

What a shitbag

Bretsky
03-28-2023, 07:38 PM
It sure sounds like Rodgers bailed on Green Bay per Gute's quotes.

"Via Matt Schneidman of TheAthletic.com, G.M. Brian Gutekunst told reporters at the league meeting in Arizona that the team tried to contact Aaron Rodgers “many times” during the offseason to discuss how he fits in the team’s future. Rodgers, according to Gutekunst, never responded."

“Our inability to reach him or for him to respond in any way,” Gutekunst said. “I think at that point we just kind of had to — I had to do my job and reach out and understanding that a trade could be possible.”

And that's not even brining up how the Flower and Karen were having weekely meeting so Sharon could be more involved in the game plan.........that is..........WHEN he decided to show up.....which was sometimes from sounds of it

texaspackerbacker
03-29-2023, 03:52 AM
Tex, you are the poster child for hope.

Yeah, except my idea of HOPE is the opposite of ya'all. I'm hoping for a continuation of greatness and winning football, while ya'all are craving doom and misery of losing football.

I saw some article were some media puke tried to bait LaFleur into saying something bad about Rodgers, but LaFleur wouldn't fall for it. Even though I absolutely detest those media shitheads, I still read pretty much every article I can find about this whole mess. The difference, though, is unlike most of ya'all in here, I don't just automatically swallow their shit like its gospel.

sharpe1027
03-29-2023, 06:37 AM
Yeah, except my idea of HOPE is the opposite of ya'all. I'm hoping for a continuation of greatness and winning football, while ya'all are craving doom and misery of losing football.

I saw some article were some media puke tried to bait LaFleur into saying something bad about Rodgers, but LaFleur wouldn't fall for it. Even though I absolutely detest those media shitheads, I still read pretty much every article I can find about this whole mess. The difference, though, is unlike most of ya'all in here, I don't just automatically swallow their shit like its gospel.

Reading all the media pukes articles gives them them clicks that keep them creating more of the content you hate. You must really crave more of terrible media shitheads. You're part of the problem.

P.S., there isn't a single Packer fan here that craves losing football. You keep making misleading, opinion, over-the-top statements like that. You sound like the clickbait headlines from the media pukes. You're a lot like them, stirring the pot with statements of your personal opinion stated as fact. A real shithead.

run pMc
03-29-2023, 11:40 AM
I have no idea who the specific media pukes are, they aren't called out by name. I know there's a lot of stuff out there that isn't fact based, I'm wary of that. There's a difference between a news story and an editorial or opinion piece.
What's been reported by numerous media sources with journalist standards is that this is highly likely to happen, and soon. Really the only questions left are when it happens and for what compensation.
It must be nice to call people names and saying things are fake because you disagree. it'd be kind of cute if it wasn't dangerous. Opinions aren't fact. If they were, I'd yell at cancer and call it fake, but I digress.

Robert Saleh isn't going to talk like he did at he NFL meetings if he wasn't confident this trade wasn't going to happen. Likewise with Gute, MLF, and other insiders. This deal is going to happen before the draft, although I will admit that the longer it drags out the higher the chance (albeit miniscule) it falls apart, and that would be because of something like an Aaron bomb dropping (e.g., he falls off a cliff or otherwise injures himself in an ayahuasca trance).

Rodgers says he wants to be a Jet, it's happening.

texaspackerbacker
03-29-2023, 03:20 PM
Reading all the media pukes articles gives them them clicks that keep them creating more of the content you hate. You must really crave more of terrible media shitheads. You're part of the problem.

P.S., there isn't a single Packer fan here that craves losing football. You keep making misleading, opinion, over-the-top statements like that. You sound like the clickbait headlines from the media pukes. You're a lot like them, stirring the pot with statements of your personal opinion stated as fact. A real shithead.

hahahaha Good Point. But I don't suppose one click more or less will make much difference.

texaspackerbacker
03-29-2023, 03:34 PM
I have no idea who the specific media pukes are, they aren't called out by name. I know there's a lot of stuff out there that isn't fact based, I'm wary of that. There's a difference between a news story and an editorial or opinion piece.
What's been reported by numerous media sources with journalist standards is that this is highly likely to happen, and soon. Really the only questions left are when it happens and for what compensation.
It must be nice to call people names and saying things are fake because you disagree. it'd be kind of cute if it wasn't dangerous. Opinions aren't fact. If they were, I'd yell at cancer and call it fake, but I digress.

Robert Saleh isn't going to talk like he did at he NFL meetings if he wasn't confident this trade wasn't going to happen. Likewise with Gute, MLF, and other insiders. This deal is going to happen before the draft, although I will admit that the longer it drags out the higher the chance (albeit miniscule) it falls apart, and that would be because of something like an Aaron bomb dropping (e.g., he falls off a cliff or otherwise injures himself in an ayahuasca trance).

Rodgers says he wants to be a Jet, it's happening.

You put a lot of stock in "journalistic standards". I guess I won't comment on that in order to avoid a ban for you know what (or should).

What did Robert Saleh say? And did you actually hear it or just see it filtered by the damned media? Obviously he's elated about the idea of having Rodgers, so it's not surprising if he is talking positive about it. Hell, even I am convinced now that the trade is almost sure. Gutekunst, who knows, maybe he's dumb enough to want it to go through too, given that he supposedly is doing the dealing. LaFleur? I highly doubt he is happy about it. Rodgers? He said what he said - there's no denying that, which is why I am so sadly sure about it happening. But the actual trade isn't up to him, and I thoroughly expect that he could/would come back and play like a superstar for the Packers. The people thinking/saying he would tank it or just go through the motions are beyond stupid - IMO.

sharpe1027
03-29-2023, 03:58 PM
hahahaha Good Point. But I don't suppose one click more or less will make much difference.

No accountability.

run pMc
03-29-2023, 04:38 PM
You put a lot of stock in "journalistic standards". I guess I won't comment on that in order to avoid a ban for you know what (or should).

What did Robert Saleh say? And did you actually hear it or just see it filtered by the damned media? Obviously he's elated about the idea of having Rodgers, so it's not surprising if he is talking positive about it. Hell, even I am convinced now that the trade is almost sure. Gutekunst, who knows, maybe he's dumb enough to want it to go through too, given that he supposedly is doing the dealing. LaFleur? I highly doubt he is happy about it. Rodgers? He said what he said - there's no denying that, which is why I am so sadly sure about it happening. But the actual trade isn't up to him, and I thoroughly expect that he could/would come back and play like a superstar for the Packers. The people thinking/saying he would tank it or just go through the motions are beyond stupid - IMO.

I put stock in journalistic standards because without any standards they don't have credibility. Any quack can get on the internet and post nonsense, if you don't have press credentials you can't even get in 1265 Lambeau. If oyu report for a news outlet that doesn't give a shit about ethics or truth you'll lose credibility and a lot of readers. Say what you will about each, but there's a big difference between the NYTimes and the Weekly World News.

As for Saleh, there are video clips on the news sites and even on stupid twitter where the words are direct from the mouths of Gute, MLF, Saleh, etc. Basically saying there's no rush on the trade, things are moving along, Rodgers may not need to make offseason workouts, etc. In short, talks are leading to a trade happening and it could be soon.
MLF is playing it pretty close to the vest, I think he's not interested in burning bridges and he just wants to win. By nature of his job, Gute has to be thinking of the team with a longer-term view.

I don't believe Rodgers would come back to tank, or that GB wants to tank either. I don't want to see them tank, even last year when they were 4-8 I still wanted them to win. Rodgers is coming back because he wants to win.
I also suspect he's coming back because after last year and this trade, he's going to feel like he has something to prove. I think he'll be better than last year for that reason, but I don't think he'll be MVP again.

texaspackerbacker
03-30-2023, 10:27 AM
Actually, 70,000+ people go into 1265 Lambeau 8 or more times a season, not to mention all the non-gameday visits.

And how many of those media puke articles that ya'all swallow like gospel are based on actual interviews with Packer players or staff? Damn few I suspect. Standards? Shi-i-i-i-t. Those bastards are the lowest of the low when it comes to credibility and honesty. "Any quack can get on the internet" has as high or higher a level of credibility, competence, and trustworthiness.

You don't believe Rodgers would "come back tank"? Good, that puts you at a less disgusting level than probably half the people in here, based on posting. "GB" - whoever exactly that might refer to doesn't want them to tank either? Yeah, I'd agree with that literally, but want what clearly will result in tanking the season and at least a few seasons to come? Hell yeah. Everybody that wants to get rid of Rodgers is in that category. You're probably right that Rodgers will play like he has something to prove. That, however, will be true whether it's for the Jets or for the Packers.

I actually haven't seen what Saleh said, but it's certainly not surprising he'd sell his soul to make this trade happen and have the GOAT on his team. For Gutekunst, it's hard to believe he could be that stupid, but it's looking more all the time like he is. I'm certainly not saying there is more than a tiny percentage of hope now that the trade won't go through. LaFleur? Has he come out and said he WANTS the trade to happen? I don't think so, as it would suddenly make him a losing coach.

sharpe1027
03-30-2023, 10:41 AM
Hardly anyone swallows opinion pieces as gospel. You're such a shithead. Always treating other people like they are complete idiots and implying you're the only smart person in the world.

run pMc
03-30-2023, 02:12 PM
Actually, 70,000+ people go into 1265 Lambeau 8 or more times a season, not to mention all the non-gameday visits.

And how many of those media puke articles that ya'all swallow like gospel are based on actual interviews with Packer players or staff? Damn few I suspect. Standards? Shi-i-i-i-t. Those bastards are the lowest of the low when it comes to credibility and honesty. "Any quack can get on the internet" has as high or higher a level of credibility, competence, and trustworthiness.

You don't believe Rodgers would "come back tank"? Good, that puts you at a less disgusting level than probably half the people in here, based on posting. "GB" - whoever exactly that might refer to doesn't want them to tank either? Yeah, I'd agree with that literally, but want what clearly will result in tanking the season and at least a few seasons to come? Hell yeah. Everybody that wants to get rid of Rodgers is in that category. You're probably right that Rodgers will play like he has something to prove. That, however, will be true whether it's for the Jets or for the Packers.

I actually haven't seen what Saleh said, but it's certainly not surprising he'd sell his soul to make this trade happen and have the GOAT on his team. For Gutekunst, it's hard to believe he could be that stupid, but it's looking more all the time like he is. I'm certainly not saying there is more than a tiny percentage of hope now that the trade won't go through. LaFleur? Has he come out and said he WANTS the trade to happen? I don't think so, as it would suddenly make him a losing coach.

Those are some fairly sweeping assumptions from someone who can't be bothered to do a few minutes of research. Stereotyping is lazy.
If you hate it so much, why do you consume it? If you aren't being at least somewhat selective of your informational sources, you're going to read a lot of crap...and only give the pukes the clicks they need to continue.

Not once have you posted a link to a single story indicating it's good or bad or why. I wonder if you're basically just a troll, you only disagree with others and ignore facts.

texaspackerbacker
03-31-2023, 10:54 AM
Assumptions? What assumptions? My style is to ask rhetorical or not rhetorical questions or to say "it seems" or "I suspect" or like that.

Research? What lack of research? I read virtually every piece of crap media puke article I come across. I don't claim to be unbiased about it - I consider most of them dead on arrival, but I still read them (kinda a "know your enemies" thing) hahahaha.

I've never been able to figure out the definition of troll. I thought it meant somebody that doesn't mean what they say, which I don't know how anybody could think that about me. I may not post links (although I don't think even that is a "never"), but a lot of times, I quote or compliment other posters in here when they post something good that I agree with - I think even you occasionally, runpMc.

Fritz
04-01-2023, 08:43 AM
I wonder if Aaron Rodgers will play this year.

sharpe1027
04-01-2023, 09:00 AM
Assumptions? What assumptions? My style is to ask rhetorical or not rhetorical questions or to say "it seems" or "I suspect" or like that.

Research? What lack of research? I read virtually every piece of crap media puke article I come across. I don't claim to be unbiased about it - I consider most of them dead on arrival, but I still read them (kinda a "know your enemies" thing) hahahaha.

I've never been able to figure out the definition of troll. I thought it meant somebody that doesn't mean what they say, which I don't know how anybody could think that about me. I may not post links (although I don't think even that is a "never"), but a lot of times, I quote or compliment other posters in here when they post something good that I agree with - I think even you occasionally, runpMc.

You're not a troll, you're a shithead that hates Packer fans and assumes you're smarter than everyone else rather than concede you might not know everything.

That being said, the net result is a posting style that looks a lot like a troll.

Bretsky
04-01-2023, 09:19 AM
I wonder if Aaron Rodgers will play this year.

Now that he's a FT GD media whore spreading his false agenda's on a weekly Tuesday shitshow he's not giving that up; he's coming back

texaspackerbacker
04-01-2023, 10:01 AM
You're not a troll, you're a shithead that hates Packer fans and assumes you're smarter than everyone else rather than concede you might not know everything.

That being said, the net result is a posting style that looks a lot like a troll.

hahahahaha Hate Packer fans? Where does that come from? Oh ok, maybe some - the dumbasses among them who prefer to move on i.e. LOSE.

sharpe1027
04-01-2023, 11:59 AM
hahahahaha Hate Packer fans? Where does that come from? Oh ok, maybe some - the dumbasses among them who prefer to move on i.e. LOSE.

You've been calling anyone that is considering the possibility that Rodgers leaves as an okay outcome, shitheads and basically saying they want the Packers to lose and are stupid.

Based on my experience, that's a huge chunk of the Packer fan base.

Fritz
04-01-2023, 12:14 PM
Now that he's a FT GD media whore spreading his false agenda's on a weekly Tuesday shitshow he's not giving that up; he's coming back

I’m getting old. I read your post and thought, “What is a free throw goddamn media whore”?

What DOES FT stand for now?

RashanGary
04-01-2023, 08:06 PM
I’m getting old. I read your post and thought, “What is a free throw goddamn media whore”?

What DOES FT stand for now?

Fuck tard?

texaspackerbacker
04-01-2023, 10:31 PM
You've been calling anyone that is considering the possibility that Rodgers leaves as an okay outcome, shitheads and basically saying they want the Packers to lose and are stupid.

Based on my experience, that's a huge chunk of the Packer fan base.

In here yes. In the rest of the world, not so much.

call_me_ishmael
04-01-2023, 10:49 PM
Clearly you don't listen to local sports radio Tex. Folks are sick of Rodgers.

sharpe1027
04-01-2023, 11:07 PM

I'm not talking about this forum.

Joemailman
04-02-2023, 07:04 AM
I saw some online polls earlier that showed about 70% of Packer fans favor moving on from Rodgers. In face to face conversations with people I know, seems like everybody is in favor. Even people who have doubts about Love are in favor, either because they're tired of the drama queen act, or because of Rodgers' failures in January games.

RashanGary
04-02-2023, 08:15 AM
70% seems right. There are a few Rodgers die hards but most of the comments are people sick of him.

ThunderDan
04-02-2023, 08:24 AM

Just like your other statements.

ARod wins 13 games every year.
ARod runs for his life on every passing play for his whole career.

Bretsky
04-02-2023, 09:14 AM
70% seems right. There are a few Rodgers die hards but most of the comments are people sick of him.

YUP, I stuck with Sharon one year too late; I tried, but in the end the Karen Rodgers Media Whore pushing his agendas is just too much. And he sucks as a GM as well and is such a shitbag. Poll after poll after poll in WI show over 70 percent of Packer fans are mentally done with him, even if it means we lose more games.

I remember 20ish years ago you are I were fighting. I was pro Favre and you were pro Rodgers. Rodgers gave us some great years.

But he's changed.

texaspackerbacker
04-02-2023, 10:12 AM
Packers or Jets, one of them will be a winner with Rodgers for years to come, and one of them will play consistently losing football without him. So polls say 70% want to "move on" - to losing football? Uh yeah, I suppose that's believable, with some in here anyway.

Take you 70% figure for dumbassery as true; It seems like the level in here might be even higher than that hahahahaha. I hope ya'all enjoy watching losing football for years to come.

At least Bretsky and I can enjoy watching the Badgers win.

sharpe1027
04-02-2023, 11:45 AM
Packers or Jets, one of them will be a winner with Rodgers for years to come, and one of them will play consistently losing football without him. So polls say 70% want to "move on" - to losing football? Uh yeah, I suppose that's believable, with some in here anyway.

Take you 70% figure for dumbassery as true; It seems like the level in here might be even higher than that hahahahaha. I hope ya'all enjoy watching losing football for years to come.

At least Bretsky and I can enjoy watching the Badgers win.

A good segment (even if not 70%) of fellow Packer fans are dumbasses and the Packers are guaranteed to lose because there is no possible way to field a winning team without Rodgers.

You offer a measured and thoughtful opinion and are very respectful of other's opinions, as always.

Sparkey
04-02-2023, 12:01 PM
A good segment (even if not 70%) of fellow Packer fans are dumbasses and the Packers are guaranteed to lose because there is no possible way to field a winning team without Rodgers.

You offer a measured and thoughtful opinion and are very respectful of other's opinions, as always.

Bravo!!!!! Excellent example of sarcasm.

oldbutnotdeadyet
04-02-2023, 12:58 PM

Where does Tex fit?