PDA

View Full Version : bye,bye Heisman

b bulldog
09-16-2006, 09:02 PM
Quinn looked awful as Notre Dame fell to UM. The WR with the weird name also looked strictly like a possession WR and not worthy of a first round grade. Good to finally see UM beat someone decent on the road. They look to be the second best team in the big 10! UW looked pretty bad also but maybe they are having a difficult time getting up for these patsies.

Bretsky
09-16-2006, 09:04 PM
Michigan is going to whack UW pretty hard next week. I think UW will go 4-4 in the Big Ten with a 4-0 cupcake record against the non conference teams

b bulldog
09-16-2006, 09:07 PM
With Carr at the helm, he will go very conservative and squeak out a victory. A letdown could definitely be in the cards but UW really needs to play much better if they would hope to defeat UM, even if they are looking past them.

Partial
09-16-2006, 09:08 PM
Michigan is going to whack UW pretty hard next week. I think UW will go 4-4 in the Big Ten with a 4-0 cupcake record against the non conference teams

You're smoking the crack. I predict 9-2. They have a powder puff schedule!! Today's game was ugly, but not all was bad. I wrote an assessment in the game thread in Badger forum.

b bulldog
09-16-2006, 09:10 PM
Who do you think that they will lose to?

b bulldog
09-16-2006, 09:11 PM
Hopefully Mario Manningham will be OK for next week

Partial
09-16-2006, 09:11 PM
Who do you think that they will lose to?

Michigan, Iowa.

Penn state looks mediocre and its at home. They won't drop a home game.

Harlan Huckleby
09-16-2006, 09:15 PM
Well Stocco had a terrible day. Ya, Badgers are in the middle of the Big Ten. And Bretsky is right, Michigan could beat them 42-10.

Bretsky
09-16-2006, 09:19 PM

You're smoking the crack. I predict 9-2. They have a powder puff schedule!! Today's game was ugly, but not all was bad. I wrote an assessment in the game thread in Badger forum.

Partial,

Your assessment assumes the Badgers are a very good team and will not have letdowns. They will lose to a team they should certainly beat; maybe two. They'll lose at least three games. Don't they plan 12, or am I incorrect ?

B

b bulldog
09-16-2006, 09:24 PM
One good game doesn't mean much unless it is followed by another and Carr is UM's coach. It would be stupid to think UM will roll UW just because I could see Carr runnin g 90% of the time and onlyu throwing on third and long. No confidence in the coach :crazy:

Harlan Huckleby
09-16-2006, 09:24 PM
There's a lot to like about the Badgers. I think the linebackers, as a group, are the best I can remember. Exellent secondary, except Langford(?) is just OK. Great defensive ends, once they get healthy. Good kicking game and returners.
I really like watching this team. The offensive line was run blocking better today than in the first two games. They are just weak at receiver, that's the big hole.

Partial
09-16-2006, 09:25 PM
Well Stocco had a terrible day. Ya, Badgers are in the middle of the Big Ten. And Bretsky is right, Michigan could beat them 42-10.

Who are they going to lose to? I don't think they'll lose to Indiana even if Indy. Purdue is going to be a tough game. That said, they can take their split belly offensive and fuck themselves. The badgers will win that.

They won't drop a home game.

b bulldog
09-16-2006, 09:26 PM
I think they will, they could have today

Partial
09-16-2006, 09:27 PM

Partial,

Your assessment assumes the Badgers are a very good team and will not have letdowns. They will lose to a team they should certainly beat; maybe two. They'll lose at least three games. Don't they plan 12, or am I incorrect ?

B

they may, in which case they will be 10-2. I think they're an OK team. Around top 25. They have a very easy schedule though. They will obviously lose to Iowa and Michigan in my opinion. Indiana is a tough road game, but I think they'll pull it off. The only other loseable game is to Purdue, and I think they'll beat them as well. They aren't gonna lose at Camp Randall.

b bulldog
09-16-2006, 09:28 PM
They lose at the Camp quite a bit, come conference play.

Partial
09-16-2006, 09:28 PM
There's a lot to like about the Badgers. I think the linebackers, as a group, are the best I can remember. Exellent secondary, except Langford(?) is just OK. Great defensive ends, once they get healthy. Good kicking game and returners.
I really like watching this team. The offensive line was run blocking better today than in the first two games. They are just weak at receiver, that's the big hole.

Run blocking was good. Joe Thomas did not look like a dominant player, though. That concerns me. Receivers cannot ever get open. It is 100% unacceptable to only win by 14 points against a team like this in my opinion.

Partial
09-16-2006, 09:30 PM

I still maintain they will go undefeated at home this year. You guys can hold that to me. On a side note, did they show the guy running across the field get destroyed by the cop? That cop could start for our defense. What a menacing tackle!

b bulldog
09-16-2006, 09:30 PM
Thomas won't be 100% until draft day

HarveyWallbangers
09-16-2006, 09:31 PM
The Badgers are pretty ordinary this year, but what an easy schedule. That has to rank amongst the easiest ever for a Big Ten team. They play four cupcakes outside of the conference in Bowling Green, Western Illinois, San Diego State, and Buffalo. In the conference, they avoid Ohio State and Michigan State.

at Bowling Green
Western Illinois
San Diego State
Michigan
at Indiana
Northwestern
Minnesota
at Purdue
Illinois
Penn State
at Iowa
Buffalo

justanotherpackfan
09-16-2006, 09:33 PM

I still maintain they will go undefeated at home this year. You guys can hold that to me. On a side note, did they show the guy running across the field get destroyed by the cop? That cop could start for our defense. What a menacing tackle!
Really??

Florida really needs to pick it up.

Partial
09-16-2006, 09:35 PM
The Badgers are pretty ordinary this year, but what an easy schedule. That has to rank amongst the easiest ever for a Big Ten team. They play four cupcakes outside of the conference in Bowling Green, Western Illinois, San Diego State, and Buffalo. In the conference, they avoid Ohio State and Michigan State.

at Bowling Green
Western Illinois
San Diego State
Michigan
at Indiana
Northwestern
Minnesota
at Purdue
Illinois
Penn State
at Iowa
Buffalo

Amen. 2 truly tough road games, one that is going to be pretty tough, and another that is very winable. I predict two losses to Iowa and Michigan.

justanotherpackfan
09-16-2006, 09:35 PM
I predict the Badgers will beat Michigan with their great running attack.

b bulldog
09-16-2006, 09:36 PM
The Bills will give them a game in their final game. :D

Bretsky
09-16-2006, 09:37 PM
at Bowling Green
Western Illinois
San Diego State
Michigan
at Indiana
Northwestern
Minnesota
at Purdue
Illinois
Penn State
at Iowa
Buffalo[/quote]

It wouldn't surprise me if the Badgers lost 4 of the bolded games. I see them losing at Iowa and Michigan. The others are possibilities. Heck, every game is possible....

Partial
09-16-2006, 09:37 PM

They haven't faced a good defense yet. I am not sold on it by any means. On the topic of the running game, I heard a rumor that John Clay verablly commit to UW. That would be fantastic. Any truth to this rumor? Heard it several times today at the game.

b bulldog
09-16-2006, 09:38 PM
Great running attack??Didn't they only score 14 today? I think it will be close, UM by 4.

Harlan Huckleby
09-16-2006, 09:39 PM

wow! well, we'll see if PJ Hill can run over defenders in the Big Ten. Maybe.

Speaking of running attack, the Michigan tailback, Hart, looks awesome. HE is gonna be a great pro, I would LOVE to see the Packers draft him. They clearly need a franchise RB.

b bulldog
09-16-2006, 09:39 PM
I heard Iowa was on the top of his list. The Ogelsby commitment was a big one imo.

justanotherpackfan
09-16-2006, 09:40 PM

They haven't faced a good defense yet. I am not sold on it by any means. On the topic of the running game, I heard a rumor that John Clay verablly commit to UW. That would be fantastic. Any truth to this rumor? Heard it several times today at the game.
They should redshirt him for his freshman season seeing as how we have Hill.

b bulldog
09-16-2006, 09:40 PM
He is pretty good but I would love to see Grady play more than what he does. He's around 230 and runs a 4.4.

Bretsky
09-16-2006, 09:41 PM

I TOO am looking for confirmation. That would be GREAT NEWS if true.
At the end of the game on TV the recruits who have verbally committed to UW were posted on TV. I was shocked to see the man, John Clay.

If true, the Badgers would have landed the top 2 players in the state and those two are ranked quite well nationally. We need to rebuild the wall around the state and add some players from out of state to take care of the skill positions.

B

justanotherpackfan
09-16-2006, 09:42 PM
Well as you can see I'm obviously a Wisconsin homer but I think as long as Stocco plays better we have a great shot at winning next week's game.

b bulldog
09-16-2006, 09:42 PM
What do you Badger fans feel about Bechkams? progress?

b bulldog
09-16-2006, 09:43 PM
It's OK to be a homer, that is why they play the game.

Partial
09-16-2006, 09:43 PM

At the end of the game on TV the recruits who have verbally committed to UW were posted on TV. I was shocked to see the man, John Clay.

If true, the Badgers would have landed the top 2 players in the state and those two are ranked quite well nationally. We need to rebuild the wall around the state and add some players from out of state to take care of the skill positions.

B

If true, that is a great start to the Bilema era in terms of recruiting.

justanotherpackfan
09-16-2006, 09:47 PM
I'm assuming Evridge is going to start at qb next season?

Does anybody have a list of the players/seniors that will be lost after this year.

Bretsky
09-16-2006, 09:47 PM

B

MY GUT tells me they made a mistake; when Clay announces it will be HUGE news in WI. That would not have went under the radar. I went over to JS and they have a solid Badger board and nothing on it as well except wondering if it was true.

Hey, the UW Basketball team recieved another committment and seems to have a very very good recruting class coming in.

B

Bretsky
09-16-2006, 09:49 PM
I'm assuming Evridge is going to start at qb next season?

Does anybody have a list of the players/seniors that will be lost after this year.

That's a fair assumption and one we'll all be hoping for because no backup QB has stepped up well enough to be dependable as of yet. Hopefully the newbie is the guy.

Partial
09-16-2006, 09:57 PM

B

MY GUT tells me they made a mistake; when Clay announces it will be HUGE news in WI. That would not have went under the radar. I went over to JS and they have a solid Badger board and nothing on it as well except wondering if it was true.

Hey, the UW Basketball team recieved another committment and seems to have a very very good recruting class coming in.

B

I heard it while tailgating before the game was on TV, though. That leads me to believe its possibly credible.

Brando19
09-16-2006, 09:58 PM
I believe my hometown hero, running back Slaton of WV Mountaineers has a chance at the Heisman. He leads the nation in rushing right now.

Partial
09-16-2006, 10:02 PM
I believe my hometown hero, running back Slaton of WV Mountaineers has a chance at the Heisman. He leads the nation in rushing right now.

Unless they're competing for the national championship, I don't see him getting it. I bet Troy Smith wins it if OSU beats Michigan.