PDA

View Full Version : Packers Hire Greg Williams As CB Coach

Joemailman
02-08-2023, 12:05 PM
No, not THAT Greg Williams.

The Green Bay Packers appear to have found a replacement for assistant coach Jerry Gray. According to Aaron Wilson, the Packers will hire Arizona Cardinals cornerbacks coach Greg Williams to Matt LaFleur’s staff.

Williams, 46, spent the last four seasons as the Cardinals cornerbacks coach under defensive coordinator Vance Joseph. The two arrived in Arizona together after Williams spent the 2018 season as Joseph’s defensive backs coach in Denver.

Williams was also the Chargers assistant secondary coach from 2013 to 2015 and the secondary coach of the Indianapolis Colts under Chuck Pagano from 2016 to 2017.

texaspackerbacker
02-08-2023, 01:28 PM
When I first read that, I was kinda hoping it was "THAT" Greg Williams - who I recall having a high opinion of as a DC - maybe taking the Packers Corner job as a stepping stone to replacing Barry. Oh well.

BTW, wasn't he the main one behind that bounty thing?

Hopefully the actual new guy will be a step up from Gray, as the Packers failed to make very good use of the high level of Corner talent they have. Whether that was Gray's fault or Barry's I'm not sure.

red
02-09-2023, 08:19 AM
so basically not a guy that was hired because of his talent, but just another guy coach once worked with

Joemailman
02-09-2023, 09:00 AM
so basically not a guy that was hired because of his talent, but just another guy coach once worked with

When did Williams work with MLF? And if he did, why does that make him untalented?

red
02-09-2023, 12:00 PM
When did Williams work with MLF? And if he did, why does that make him untalented?

my bad, i got the shitty LA teams mixed up

the dates are wrong anyways

Bretsky
02-09-2023, 07:03 PM

WELL, there's this guy named JOE BARRY

bobblehead
02-10-2023, 10:43 AM

I know you already said "oops" on this one but I have to ask. If you were about to hire someone for a job, and you had previously worked with about 100 people who have worked in similar positions, would you hire one of them (if you thought they would be a good fit) or would you go with a stranger you had never seen before?