PDA

View Full Version : What do the Packers get for Aaron Rodgers?

Pages : 1 [2]

Joemailman
04-06-2023, 02:21 PM
Mike Garafolo
@MikeGarafolo

The #Jets are signing veteran QB Tim Boyle to a one-year deal, source says. He reunites with offensive coordinator Nathaniel Hackett, who was his OC with the #Packers.

And that means someday between now and the end of time, he’ll reunite with this guy, too…

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FtC6ak8WIAEMHTF?format=jpg&name=small

Fritz
04-07-2023, 08:05 AM
All the Jets have to do now is sign Lewis and Cobb, and Rodgers has most of his gang back together.

Bretsky
04-07-2023, 08:19 AM
Jake kumerow aka whitewater Jesus would be a huge get as well :). Karen sucks as a gm. Looks like gb has fired him from that position and he’s wormed his way into the jets gm position

texaspackerbacker
04-07-2023, 10:25 AM
It sure would be funny if the Jets did all this, and then the damn trade fell apart. Even funnier would be if Rodgers then came back to the Packers and had a great season - after all the damned haters got exposed for their despicable selves. That's still highly unlikely, although every day that goes by with no trade happening maybe increases the chances just slightly. But no, doom and gloom is on the way this coming season and beyond.

At least Bretsky and I have Badger football to hope for, not to mention the Bucks and maybe even decency from the Brewers.

Fritz
04-07-2023, 10:52 AM
It sure would be funny if the Jets did all this, and then the damn trade fell apart. Even funnier would be if Rodgers then came back to the Packers and had a great season - after all the damned haters got exposed for their despicable selves. That's still highly unlikely, although every day that goes by with no trade happening maybe increases the chances just slightly. But no, doom and gloom is on the way this coming season and beyond.

At least Bretsky and I have Badger football to hope for, not to mention the Bucks and maybe even decency from the Brewers.

https://lumiere-a.akamaihd.net/v1/images/open-uri20150422-20810-11ej849_779819a7.jpeg?region=0%2C0%2C600%2C600

Joemailman
04-12-2023, 06:09 PM
Jets Wall Of Honor

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ftiq5kQWwAEQoBs?format=jpg&name=900x900

Joemailman
04-12-2023, 06:19 PM
Wendell Ferreira
@wendellfp

And this is kind of shocking: Robinson reports the parties had the parameters of a deal in place. But after Rodgers said the "90% retired" thing, Woody Johnson got scared to spend high draft capital on him. That would explain why the #Packers don't want to take less.

The fallout would be epic if the Jets not only did not get Rodgers, but if the Patriots, who have tormented them for 20 years, did.

texaspackerbacker
04-13-2023, 01:02 AM
We can only hope hahahahaha. Each day without a trade, the slim glimmer of hope gets slightly brighter, but odds are still huge that Rodgers will be gone and with him all hope for winning seasons anytime soon.

Fritz
04-13-2023, 01:07 PM
I don't think the Packers should make the Jets' problem next offseason (will he come back and play? Geez, we can't plan anything until we know) their problem next offseason with any give-back picks.

red
04-14-2023, 07:16 AM
The fallout would be epic if the Jets not only did not get Rodgers, but if the Patriots, who have tormented them for 20 years, did.

yup, fuck the jets then and fuck rodgers for saying that

if we aren't getting a first this year for him, i say just pay him and tell him to stay home while collecting his paycheck

screw him and the jets

sharpe1027
04-14-2023, 07:33 AM
yup, fuck the jets then and fuck rodgers for saying that

if we aren't getting a first this year for him, i say just pay him and tell him to stay home while collecting his paycheck

screw him and the jets

If they wanted to stick it to him, they'd force him to show up every day for conditioning work.

Fritz
04-14-2023, 08:01 AM
If they wanted to stick it to him, they'd force him to show up every day for conditioning work.

Works both ways, though. What if he comes in, and he looks fabulous? What if he says he wants to come into camp and compete for a job?

Even if you tell him to stay home (can you do that?), how would that look the minute Love throws his first dumb interception?

Both sides need to get this done. Either before the draft of before camp.

sharpe1027
04-14-2023, 08:20 AM
Works both ways, though. What if he comes in, and he looks fabulous? What if he says he wants to come into camp and compete for a job?

Even if you tell him to stay home (can you do that?), how would that look the minute Love throws his first dumb interception?

Both sides need to get this done. Either before the draft of before camp.
It's an incredibly stupid idea. I was just doing a thought exercise. Rodgers would probably prefer to stay home attending darkness retreats over having to report for conditioning every day without any chance of playing.

texaspackerbacker
04-14-2023, 11:15 AM
A tiny tiny bit of good sense seems to be oozing back to ya'all hahahaha - what if ..... What if the deal falls through?

The vile east coast (?) media bastards seem to be getting a little more desperate by the day, trying to do their part to make this shit happen and happen in the Jets favor. It seems like the Packers might at least be holding out for a decent haul.

Does anybody seriously think that Rodgers couldn't or wouldn't easily be convinced to come back and play for the Packers? Does anybody seriously think LaFleur and Gutekunst wouldn't be damn glad to do that convincing if the dust settles and the trade falls through? Maybe they're just going through the motions - does that occur to anybody? Maybe Rodgers was just fucking with the God damned media, even the Packer brass when he said what he said.

Naw, at this point, even I don't believe there's any significant hope for my last two sentences. But don't rule it out, though. Like one of ya'all said a couple days ago, maybe this all ends with Love going to the Jets for a second rounder instead of Rodgers. That sounds great, but I'm not holding my breath hahahaha.

red
04-14-2023, 01:22 PM
A tiny tiny bit of good sense seems to be oozing back to ya'all hahahaha - what if ..... What if the deal falls through?

The vile east coast (?) media bastards seem to be getting a little more desperate by the day, trying to do their part to make this shit happen and happen in the Jets favor. It seems like the Packers might at least be holding out for a decent haul.

Does anybody seriously think that Rodgers couldn't or wouldn't easily be convinced to come back and play for the Packers? Does anybody seriously think LaFleur and Gutekunst wouldn't be damn glad to do that convincing if the dust settles and the trade falls through? Maybe they're just going through the motions - does that occur to anybody? Maybe Rodgers was just fucking with the God damned media, even the Packer brass when he said what he said.

Naw, at this point, even I don't believe there's any significant hope for my last two sentences. But don't rule it out, though. Like one of ya'all said a couple days ago, maybe this all ends with Love going to the Jets for a second rounder instead of Rodgers. That sounds great, but I'm not holding my breath hahahaha.

fuck off and die already

Anti-Polar Bear
04-14-2023, 01:38 PM
fuck off and die already

Now, Tex has been guilty of telling other posters to “eat shit and die,” but your constant complaining makes you sound a lot like a “Karen.”

The Karen-proof proof phrase is: “Suck a dildo and go fuck yourself (as in, go masturbate).”

texaspackerbacker
04-14-2023, 03:34 PM
I expect to outlive all of these anti-Packer imbeciles who actually WANT to see Rodgers gone with the certainty of long term losing football that brings.

sharpe1027
04-14-2023, 06:18 PM
I expect to outlive all of these anti-Packer imbeciles who actually WANT to see Rodgers gone with the certainty of long term losing football that brings.
We all survived the certainty that neither Rodgers nor the Packers would seriously consider a trade. We can survive this certainty too.

Fosco33
04-14-2023, 06:18 PM
He’d retire before coming back, Tex.

I hope it’s on draft night or after June 1st.

Bretsky
04-14-2023, 06:30 PM
He’d retire before coming back, Tex.

I hope it’s on draft night or after June 1st.

I don't buy into the views that he'd ever leave the money behind

texaspackerbacker
04-15-2023, 12:04 AM
I guess we'll find out eventually hahahaha. Sadly, I put it at 70/30 still that Rodgers goes to the Jets or some other trade. On the 30 he doesn't, I'd say about 95% that he stays a Packer and 5% that he retires. Bad as that is, it's better than it seemed a few days ago.

Fosco33
04-15-2023, 07:25 AM

He’s a principled guy. I really don’t see him back as a packer except a one day contract to retire as one in a couple years. He’ll be a Jet.

sharpe1027
04-15-2023, 07:44 AM

He did say he was 90% ready to retire.

Bretsky
04-15-2023, 08:14 AM
He did say he was 90% ready to retire.

maybe he's dam smart and said it to sabatabge with GB would get for him ? hmmmmm

sharpe1027
04-15-2023, 08:28 AM
maybe he's dam smart and said it to sabatabge with GB would get for him ? hmmmmm

Maybe. All he had to do was tell the Jets he wanted them to push for less or he wasn't going there.

I suspect he just said it without realizing the consequences.

Fritz
04-15-2023, 10:01 AM
I don't think so, Sharpe. Rodgers understands that every single thing he says is going to be parsed, and he's not a dumb guy. I think Bretsky's right here. It does help Rodgers if the Jets can keep all their picks in this upcoming draft.

texaspackerbacker
04-15-2023, 02:07 PM
yeah, and the one after that and the one after that, etc. etc. etc. - meaning no trade hahahaha.

sharpe1027
04-15-2023, 04:46 PM
I don't think so, Sharpe. Rodgers understands that every single thing he says is going to be parsed, and he's not a dumb guy. I think Bretsky's right here. It does help Rodgers if the Jets can keep all their picks in this upcoming draft.

I doubt it. Nobody thought twice about his statement in terms of what the Jets might do in negotiations until much later. Is it possible? Sure. Unlikely? Yes.

Bretsky
04-15-2023, 04:50 PM

OK I'm GOING TO SAY IT.

Rodgers is absolutely trying to Sabotage what Green Bay gets for him. He detests Gutebag and will take any steps he can to screw Gutebag and help the Jets.

Bretsky
04-15-2023, 04:52 PM
I've been asked multiple times in RL why Rodgers doesn't just come out and say he wants to play for the Jets and play 2 more years or more. I believe he does.

But he's not ever going to say that publicly, whether it's true or not. Rodgers wants to stick it to us

sharpe1027
04-15-2023, 05:57 PM
OK I'm GOING TO SAY IT.

Rodgers is absolutely trying to Sabotage what Green Bay gets for him. He detests Gutebag and will take any steps he can to screw Gutebag and help the Jets.

Thing is, it only makes sense if Rodgers plans to retire next year. If he plays two years, then the conditional part is irrelevant.

red
04-15-2023, 07:42 PM
OK I'm GOING TO SAY IT.

Oh absolutely, what else do you expect from a guy who I believe actively tried to sabotage our season last year. Did just enough to not get benched, then when all we had to do to make the playoffs is beat a shitty Detroit team, he decides not to show up on the field.

He said he was done with Green Bay last year, we forced him to stay, he screwed us

Joemailman
04-16-2023, 08:51 AM
I'm not gonna worry about it too much. Packers only got a 3rd for Favre, but won the Super Bowl 3 years later. And that even though Favre was coming off a better year than Rodgers is. 3 years from now what we'll care about is whether the Packers made the right decision in going with Love. Not how much the Packers got in compensation.

Bretsky
04-16-2023, 09:10 AM
I'm not gonna worry about it too much. Packers only got a 3rd for Favre, but won the Super Bowl 3 years later. And that even though Favre was coming off a better year than Rodgers is. 3 years from now what we'll care about is whether the Packers made the right decision in going with Love. Not how much the Packers got in compensation.

fwiw it would have been a 2nd had he not been injured. But times have changed and now clubs value the QB position way way more so the value on an elite QB is higher

red
04-16-2023, 09:24 AM
fwiw it would have been a 2nd had he not been injured. But times have changed and now clubs value the QB position way way more so the value on an elite QB is higher

heres what i found on some weird ass site

Green Bay sends the future Hall of Famer to the Jets for a conditional fourth-round pick, choosing New York's offer over one from the Buccaneers.

The pick turns into a third-rounder if Favre plays 50 percent of snaps, a second-rounder if he plays 70 percent of snaps and a first-rounder if he plays 80 percent of snaps and the Jets make the Super Bowl.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/brett-favre-trade-packers-jets-timeline/ryc9cmgaxsl3fam08itxuu1f

i thought it was just a 4th rounder

Fritz
04-16-2023, 09:34 AM
The there's the obvous-but-still-worth-saying that the value of the picks depends on how good those picks are. Which I suppose is why we all want Guter to not get a third round pick.

So when TT traded back to get an extra fourth rounder in order to drop down, pass on TJ Watt, and take Kevin Schwing instead, he chose Vince Biegel with that fourth rounder.

Pukey trade all around.

But when TT traded down to get an extra fourth rounder in 2008, that guy he picked when he dropped down was Jordy Nelson. The extra fourth rounder was some crummy DE (Jeremy Thompson? Something like that). The extra pick was a bust, but Nelson of course was not.

So we will all moan when the Packers "only" get two fourths and a third next year or something, but it depends on what Guter does with them. Sure, a first gives you a better chance at a big hit, but it's not a guarantee. See Sherrod, Derrick, and Harrell, Justin. Amongst many others.

sharpe1027
04-16-2023, 04:46 PM
The there's the obvous-but-still-worth-saying that the value of the picks depends on how good those picks are. Which I suppose is why we all want Guter to not get a third round pick.

So when TT traded back to get an extra fourth rounder in order to drop down, pass on TJ Watt, and take Kevin Schwing instead, he chose Vince Biegel with that fourth rounder.

Pukey trade all around.

But when TT traded down to get an extra fourth rounder in 2008, that guy he picked when he dropped down was Jordy Nelson. The extra fourth rounder was some crummy DE (Jeremy Thompson? Something like that). The extra pick was a bust, but Nelson of course was not.

So we will all moan when the Packers "only" get two fourths and a third next year or something, but it depends on what Guter does with them. Sure, a first gives you a better chance at a big hit, but it's not a guarantee. See Sherrod, Derrick, and Harrell, Justin. Amongst many others.

I don't think that's the right way to look at it. If you trade a first rounder for a second rounder straight up, it's a bad trade. I don't care whether the team picking in thr second round gets lucky and thev end up with the better player. It's a bad trade.

Fritz
04-17-2023, 08:07 AM
I suppose that's true. In terms of your odds of hitting on a really good player, better to be picking higher - the whole idea of the thing. But, again, just looking at the big picture, depends on what you do with it.

I think the NFL is a money-making machine, and the people who run that thing are master marketers, along with all the media outlets that make so much money covering them. In order to keep our eyeballs glued to screens, they've had to figure out how to turn the dull, boring offseason thing into a tension-laden contest in which some teams are winners and some are losers and the debate - since there is no official score - is endless. So we end up endlessly discussing who "won" a trade before we ever really know the results of the trade - who picked whom, and how they turned out. I was looking at an article that came out just after the 2008 draft (such is my life these days), and the "expert" graded the draft, like they do - again, declaring winners and losers to feed the machine. He gave the Jordy Nelson pick a C-.

So I get what you're saying, and you are right. It's just that there's not that much to be gained by "winning" a trade unless you take what you've "won" and turn it into really good players.

sharpe1027
04-17-2023, 09:50 AM
One way of looking at it is that the value of a trade is independent of the execution of realizing the value. If you sell your car for double the market value, you don't say you got a bad deal because you spent the money poorly.

Fritz
04-18-2023, 08:57 AM
True, but what I'm saying here is that we put too much emphasis on the "value" of a trade, which is the result of our needing to show "winners" and "losers" in every transaction, because that's how the NFL keeps us sucked in.

sharpe1027
04-18-2023, 12:12 PM
True, but what I'm saying here is that we put too much emphasis on the "value" of a trade, which is the result of our needing to show "winners" and "losers" in every transaction, because that's how the NFL keeps us sucked in.

Right. Plenty of situations where the trade is a net positive for both teams. I don't think you should be comparing the two teams to see who "won". The idea important question is whether the trade improved the team at all. Was it a net positive?

Fritz
04-19-2023, 12:06 PM
Right. Plenty of situations where the trade is a net positive for both teams. I don't think you should be comparing the two teams to see who "won". The idea important question is whether the trade improved the team at all. Was it a net positive?

Agreed. And in the case of the Packers trading Rodgers, is part of the "net positive" not having the drama of Aaron Rodgers any more? Nobody in that building is likely to admit it, but I do wonder if The Flower is excited to actually mold a QB a little and have him run MLF's own offense. And I wonder if some of the receivers are a little more relaxed now? Or if anyone there is just kinda going to be relieved that the Rodgers drama - whether generated by him or by the media - is finally going to be gone?

If there is any truth to that - and I don't know if there is; it's just something I've wondered about - then you can look at a trade that even generates, say, this year's second from the Jets and some conditional second rounder next year as a net positive.

oldbutnotdeadyet
04-19-2023, 12:10 PM
Agreed. And in the case of the Packers trading Rodgers, is part of the "net positive" not having the drama of Aaron Rodgers any more? Nobody in that building is likely to admit it, but I do wonder if The Flower is excited to actually mold a QB a little and have him run MLF's own offense. And I wonder if some of the receivers are a little more relaxed now? Or if anyone there is just kinda going to be relieved that the Rodgers drama - whether generated by him or by the media - is finally going to be gone?

If there is any truth to that - and I don't know if there is; it's just something I've wondered about - then you can look at a trade that even generates, say, this year's second from the Jets and some conditional second rounder next year as a net positive.

At this point, I don't care anymore what we get, just announce a trade is done. Way past time to move on..

Joemailman
04-19-2023, 01:35 PM
At this point, I don't care anymore what we get, just announce a trade is done. Way past time to move on..

Exactly what the Jets are hoping the Packers will be thinking. When it happens doesn't seem to me to be that important.

Fritz
04-19-2023, 03:49 PM
I think OBNDY is worried that if it doesn't happen soon, he won't be around to see it happen at all.

run pMc
04-19-2023, 04:20 PM

What do the Packers lose by trading Rodgers? Probably 2-3 more games. Lower odds as of preseason to make the playoffs.
What do they gain? Cap space and draft pick(s). Possibly their next franchise QB.

I think, in addition to the value of a trade, precedence, process and outcome have to be considered.

Precedence often by way of things like a draft pick trade chart or previous trades that are similar. In Rodgers case there aren't many (if any) because age and contract impact what he can get in trade.
Process, as in, was it good process? Was it really good process to trade two R2 picks to move up a few spots for Christian Watson? I'm not sure, but that takes us to...
Outcome, i.e., the results of the trade. Continuing with the Watson example, that trade of draft picks would look bad if he's constantly injured and can't produce. In Rodgers case, it will be a very bad outcome for GB if he is the SB MVP and Love goes 3-14.

sharpe1027
04-19-2023, 08:29 PM
I don't think you can just look at how well Rodgers does with the Jets to evaluate the trade for the Packers.

The risk of keeping Rodgers is that he gets hurt again and that he is pissed by the situation so shows up for a paycheck but doesn't really want to be there. He might play better for the Jets than he would have for the Packers.

The risk of trading Rodgers is that he would have otherwise committed to the Packers and been much better than Love.

How many draft picks from the Jets make the comparative risks weigh in favor of a trade.l?

RashanGary
04-19-2023, 09:29 PM
A 2nd this year and a 2nd next year makes sense. Give back a 3rd if he retires after this year.

Bretsky
04-19-2023, 09:36 PM
A 2nd this year and a 2nd next year makes sense. Give back a 3rd if he retires after this year.

That means you are taking a 2nd and a 3rd for him (next year's 2nd equates to a current 2).

Not sure how much I like that.

Sounds like we were getting this years 1st and a 3rd before the Jets owner welched out of the deal

red
04-19-2023, 10:30 PM
if the titans of someone else offers that deal (2-2nds) take it

but fuck the jets

and that might bring made teams to the table knowing a first this year is not on the table

or just wait till after the draft. teams seem to overvalue picks before the draft, then just throw them away the rest of the year for crap players

Fritz
04-20-2023, 09:55 AM
if the titans of someone else offers that deal (2-2nds) take it

butt fuck the jets

and that might bring made teams to the table knowing a first this year is not on the table

or just wait till after the draft. teams seem to overvalue picks before the draft, then just throw them away the rest of the year for crap players

Had to fix that for you, Red.

HarveyWallbangers
04-21-2023, 02:31 AM
Interesting stat that I noticed tonight. The Jets have never won more than 11 games in a season. They haven't won their division since 2002. They've only won their division 4 times in franchise history (63 years). They've been around since 1960--the year before the Vikings started.

The Packers have won more than 11 games 12 times since 1960. They have won their division 23 times.

ThunderDan
04-21-2023, 08:12 AM
Not sure where to put this:
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/look-aaron-rodgers-texted-star-nfl-free-agent-to-recruit-him-to-jets/ar-AA1a6Ssi?ocid=entnewsntp&cvid=2e21b46d8f694555b5ba9782f9ad3ef6&ei=43

More proof that ARod is a complete dick.

#Falcons DL Calais Campbell told
@JosinaAnderson
that Aaron Rodgers texted him during FA to join the #Jets so they can win a Super Bowl together.

"It was appealing to have him text you, but I kept getting a feeling that Atlanta was a special place ... It was a tough decision."

He hasn't ever been traded but texting other players to join the Jets.

Fritz
04-21-2023, 12:52 PM
I don't know if that is such a dickish thing to do as it sounds like the Jets are absolutely committed to getting Rodgers, but it does show, once again, that Rodgers is not that great of a recruiter. Hope he never decides to become a college football coach.

But it would be funny if somehow the Jets dicked themselves out of it all and the Packers traded Rodgers to SF instead, for a better package. That would make this story even funnier.

sharpe1027
04-21-2023, 08:05 PM
I don't know if that is such a dickish thing to do as it sounds like the Jets are absolutely committed to getting Rodgers, but it does show, once again, that Rodgers is not that great of a recruiter. Hope he never decides to become a college football coach.

But it would be funny if somehow the Jets dicked themselves out of it all and the Packers traded Rodgers to SF instead, for a better package. That would make this story even funnier.

But they have Hackett and Lazard, so all would not be lost.

Joemailman
04-21-2023, 10:16 PM
But they have Hackett and Lazard, so all would not be lost.

Hey, how about a little respect for Tim Boyle and Malik Taylor!

Bretsky
04-23-2023, 09:58 AM
A few recent reports of the Jets BOTTOMFEEDING and trying to set the parameters of the trade around the following

They are keeping this years 1st
They do not want to give up a 2nd this year
No 1st next year
And they want protection if KAREN only plays one year

If that is remotely true, after they welched out of an agreed on deal, FUCK them and trade him elsewhere.

WANT TO ASK AGAIN

If they trade Karen to somebody, he threatens to retire, and he does. Wouldn't the trade then be void and we just give the picks back ?

Salary cap wise, him just choosing to go away would be best I think

Fritz
04-23-2023, 10:31 AM
A few recent reports of the Jets BOTTOMFEEDING and trying to set the parameters of the trade around the following

No 1st next year

If that is remotely true, after they welched out of an agreed on deal, FUCK them and trade him elsewhere.

WANT TO ASK AGAIN

If they trade Karen to somebody, he threatens to retire, and he does. Wouldn't the trade then be void and we just give the picks back ?

Given those parameters, it sounds like one of those old seventies commercials - “Hey, kids, if you act now, it’s free - yeah,free!”

Anti-Polar Bear
04-23-2023, 12:43 PM

No 1st next year

WANT TO ASK AGAIN

There’s nothing wrong with bringing back Butte and inserting him as QB1 of our beloved Packers. Love ain’t going anywhere.

Will and Jada Pinkett Smith were once separated. Yet, love continues to keep their marriage intact. Just cos Butte is separated from the Packers ain’t mean reconciliation ain’t possible.

oldbutnotdeadyet
04-23-2023, 03:36 PM
There’s nothing wrong with bringing back Butte and inserting him as QB1 of our beloved Packers. Love ain’t going anywhere.

Will and Jada Pinkett Smith were once separated. Yet, love continues to keep their marriage intact. Just cos Butte is separated from the Packers ain’t mean reconciliation ain’t possible.

I believe we are well past that..

Joemailman
04-23-2023, 03:56 PM
Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet

After a dormant couple weeks, the #Jets and #Packers recently re-engaged on trade talks surrounding star QB Aaron Rodgers, sources say. A deal is not imminent, but the two sides are at least talking — with hopes a deal can (finally) be done this week.

Anti-Polar Bear
04-23-2023, 10:38 PM
I believe we are well past that..

Sure, the Rubicon has been crossed and the bridge has been burnt, but no one has killed the albatross, as it continues to, to borrow the Mailman’s favorite redcoat, “hang motionless upon the air.”

Bring back Butte, cook the cap, go all in and win another fucking Super Bowl. Love can wait.

texaspackerbacker
04-23-2023, 11:23 PM

Amazing how much good sense you have over in this part of the forum - as opposed to that unmentionable area hahahahaha. Both of your posts above.

bobblehead
04-24-2023, 01:16 PM

Glad you're not the GM. If the Jets don't want to give fair value you hold tight. You find other teams to talk to after the draft. We are rebuilding so imo a 1st next year has plenty of value.

bobblehead
04-24-2023, 01:24 PM
Not sure where to put this:
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/look-aaron-rodgers-texted-star-nfl-free-agent-to-recruit-him-to-jets/ar-AA1a6Ssi?ocid=entnewsntp&cvid=2e21b46d8f694555b5ba9782f9ad3ef6&ei=43

More proof that ARod is a complete dick.

#Falcons DL Calais Campbell told
@JosinaAnderson
that Aaron Rodgers texted him during FA to join the #Jets so they can win a Super Bowl together.

"It was appealing to have him text you, but I kept getting a feeling that Atlanta was a special place ... It was a tough decision."

He hasn't ever been traded but texting other players to join the Jets.

How come I feel like if this was a player you liked you wouldn't have a problem with it. Both the Packers and Jets basically told him they would make it happen. Campbell is a 15 year guy who isn't more than good anymore. Who cares if Rodgers is trying to make the Jets even MORE committed to pulling the trigger at any cost.

bobblehead
04-24-2023, 01:26 PM

No 1st next year

WANT TO ASK AGAIN

No team is going to trade for Rodgers unless they chat with him to make sure he is on board. The risk of him playing and half assing it is too great.

ThunderDan
04-24-2023, 01:28 PM
How come I feel like this was a player you liked you wouldn't have a problem with it. Both the Packers and Jets basically told him they would make it happen. Campbell is a 15 year guy who isn't more than good anymore. Who cares if Rodgers is trying to make the Jets even MORE committed to pulling the trigger at any cost.

I care because Arod is under contract with the Packers. I would have been mad at Devante last year if he started texting players that he wanted them to join the Raiders before he was traded.

run pMc
04-24-2023, 02:37 PM
Glad you're not the GM. If the Jets don't want to give fair value you hold tight. You find other teams to talk to after the draft. We are rebuilding so imo a 1st next year has plenty of value.

I think you keep talking with the Jets, but open conversations with SF or other teams.
I think Rodgers would play for SF, pretty sure it's the team he grew up cheering for. If they are willing to offer all of their 3 R3 picks AND next year's R1 with no conditions that's...not bad. Those R3 picks are all end of R3, which stinks but based on most draft charts they add up short of the Jets R2 pick. If the Jets aren't offering a
R1 next year either then the SF R1 pick would make up the difference and then some, even though it would probably be a late R1.

The catch is it's an NFC opponent but I think GB is resetting for a 2025-26 window opening up. The next two years are about evaluating the roster and fixing their cap. For this year they won't fix all their issues in the draft and they have no cap space to sign free agents other than vet minimum players.

jklowan
04-24-2023, 03:23 PM
Trade is Done we get the 13th this year a 2nd and a 6th, 2nd next year with it moving up to a 2st if Karen play 65% of the snaps we give back a 5th next year and our 15th theis year, not bad

Fosco33
04-24-2023, 03:28 PM
Goofs deal

call_me_ishmael
04-24-2023, 03:33 PM
Good deal. Wow, hard to believe it's done. Gooter didn't want to face the press again without the deal :)

call_me_ishmael
04-24-2023, 03:45 PM
Dang, end of the era. It's hitting me hard. I feel old to have seen this shiz happen twice.

Rastak
04-24-2023, 03:48 PM
So a two spot move up, a pair of two and some later round picks change hands. Seems like a decent deal.

Could net a 1 next year, I wonder what the conditions are?

Sparkey
04-24-2023, 03:55 PM
The Packers have traded quarterback Aaron Rodgers, the No. 15 pick in this year’s draft and a 2023 fifth-round pick to the Jets, league and team sources confirmed to The Athletic on Monday. Here’s what you need to know:

The Packers are getting the No. 13 pick in this year’s draft, a second-round pick, a sixth-round pick and a conditional 2024 second-round pick that can become a first-round pick, the sources said.
The blockbuster trade ends Rodgers’ 18-year run in Green Bay that included a Super Bowl title and four NFL MVP awards.
The move injects life into a Jets franchise starving for relevancy at quarterback and turns the page for a Packers franchise handing the keys to 24-year-old Jordan Love.

King Friday
04-24-2023, 03:55 PM
Good deal. The Love era now begins. Let’s make it 3 straight HOF starting QBs.

red
04-24-2023, 03:59 PM
So a two spot move up, a pair of two and some later round picks change hands. Seems like a decent deal.

Could net a 1 next year, I wonder what the conditions are?

only has to play 65% of the snaps

sounds like a good deal

Spaulding
04-24-2023, 04:00 PM
Hopefully this means they have a chance at Skoronski or Johnson to help the line and replace Bak next year.

red
04-24-2023, 04:01 PM
not too excited about the swap, but whatever

FYI, that swap from 15 to 13 is worth about a high 4th round pick

texaspackerbacker
04-24-2023, 04:12 PM
I must be a really horrible person like some tend to say hahahahahaha. The long-expected disaster finally happened on my birthday of all times.

Oh well, it does seem like Gutekunst held out and got a fairly decent haul - the slight trade-up plus a second this year and at least a second, probably a first next year. As bad as this is IMO in general, it could have been worse in terms of return in the trade.

I guess all that remains for me is to do my best to get psyched up for next season and hope for the best. Love shouldn't be horrible, although I highly doubt he does near as good as Rodgers will for the Jets. The Packers do have a heluuva lot around him - just a year ago, it was generally expected that the Packers were the best team in the NFL or damn close to it. Other than Love instead of Rodgers, they still are that (other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how did you like the play?)

I told my grandson to include me in on splitting the Sunday Ticket cost anyway. We'll see what happens.

George Cumby
04-24-2023, 04:13 PM
Sweet.

So nice to be done with that drama queen BS.

Let's see if Gooter can do anything with those picks.

hoosier
04-24-2023, 04:16 PM
Sweet.

So nice to be done with that drama queen BS.

Let's see if Gooter can do anything with those picks.

Agreed, though the last sentence in your post kinda brings me back to earth on this trade.

Teamcheez1
04-24-2023, 04:16 PM
Long live the king, the king is dead.

George Cumby
04-24-2023, 04:20 PM
Agreed, though the last sentence in your post kinda brings me back to earth on this trade.

Yeah. I'm not sold on his talent evaluation yet.

hoosier
04-24-2023, 04:26 PM
Not sure if it's talent eval or player development but something is definitely off.

MadScientist
04-24-2023, 04:33 PM
I must be a really horrible person like some tend to say hahahahahaha. The long-expected disaster finally happened on my birthday of all times.

Oh well, it does seem like Gutekunst held out and got a fairly decent haul - the slight trade-up plus a second this year and at least a second, probably a first next year. As bad as this is IMO in general, it could have been worse in terms of return in the trade.

I guess all that remains for me is to do my best to get psyched up for next season and hope for the best. Love shouldn't be horrible, although I highly doubt he does near as good as Rodgers will for the Jets. The Packers do have a heluuva lot around him - just a year ago, it was generally expected that the Packers were the best team in the NFL or damn close to it. Other than Love instead of Rodgers, they still are that (other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how did you like the play?)

I told my grandson to include me in on splitting the Sunday Ticket cost anyway. We'll see what happens.

Happy Birthday Tex :satan:

One thing this does change, is that you can't wish terrible things on Rodgers, as we really want him to meet the 65% criteria. (Roughly 11 games + any playoffs).

Fosco33
04-24-2023, 04:37 PM
Once this is official - who gets the one thread to rule them all for all things ARod. Is MOBB still alive??

run pMc
04-24-2023, 04:42 PM
Love shouldn't be horrible, although I highly doubt he does near as good as Rodgers will for the Jets.

IMO there is about a 5% chance Love is better than Rodgers this year, but I'd give him a 50/50 chance at being about 85% as good, at about 10% of the price.
They should be competitive, but I think (as with Rodgers' first year) they fall short often and go something like 7-10. If JLove shows positive growth over the season that will be important.
I'd guess 3 wins will separate the top from the bottom in the NFCN.

This is mostly a year of evaluating the roster, upgrading talent at neglected spots (e.g., TE) and fixing the salary cap.

Rodgers was an incredible QB for GB and gave some great NFL moments. Thanks AR and good luck.

RashanGary
04-24-2023, 04:54 PM
Better than I hoped. I was thinking a second and a possible first next year if he did something great. We got the pick swap extra over what I was hoping and he only needs 65% playing time for it to be a first next year. Great deal, Gute!!

Deputy Nutz
04-24-2023, 05:00 PM
Well besides the flipping of first round picks, its pretty much the deal I had in my head. I figured next year there would be some sort of escalator of some sort based on Rodgers and or team production, the 65% of all snaps is actually pretty favorable to the Packers. I don't really trust Gute drafting abilities so I would hope they use the 13th pick to lure some team that want Levis or another QB that dropped to move back in the draft and acquire more picks.

Fritz
04-24-2023, 05:02 PM
only has to play 65% of the snaps

sounds like a good deal

Now I am rooting mightily for the Jets' offensive line to offer superb pass protection, and I am praying that Rodgers plays terribly. Nothing against him, but I'd like that second next year to become a first, and the higher the better.

Nothing against Rodgers. But I AM a Packer fan, not an Aaron Rodgers fan.

QBME
04-24-2023, 05:04 PM

Happy Birthday Tex!!
You shovel out, and take a whole lotta hooey here but good to have you around.

Joemailman
04-24-2023, 05:30 PM
Now I am rooting mightily for the Jets' offensive line to offer superb pass protection, and I am praying that Rodgers plays terribly. Nothing against him, but I'd like that second next year to become a first, and the higher the better.

Rodgers would likely have to miss at least 5 games to not get 65% of the snaps. As long as he doesn't break another collarbone, I think we're in good shape.

run pMc
04-24-2023, 05:31 PM
Well besides the flipping of first round picks, its pretty much the deal I had in my head. I figured next year there would be some sort of escalator of some sort based on Rodgers and or team production, the 65% of all snaps is actually pretty favorable to the Packers. I don't really trust Gute drafting abilities so I would hope they use the 13th pick to lure some team that want Levis or another QB that dropped to move back in the draft and acquire more picks.

Agree. I think Gute stays put until he sees who falls out of the top 10 or when the runs at certain positions begin, and either picks an OT or deals down. 13 feels like a better spot than 15 to have for trades. Getting the R2 pick is nice also -- so they have 42 and 45. I wonder if they keep both or use them to trade up like last year (kinda hope they keep them).

MadScientist
04-24-2023, 05:37 PM
Glad the saga is finally over. The return looks decent, especially considering the Packers aren't picking up any of the $60M.

Here's a thought, the Packers could take WR Jaxon Smith-Njigba at 13, and trade both seconds to get back into the first to take TE Michael Mayer. Love would then have two first round pass catchers, when Rodgers had none drafted by the Packers.

Now we will all see what the MLF system is like and how well the coaching staff can teach it.

Joemailman
04-24-2023, 06:10 PM
Andrew Brandt
@AndrewBrandt

So let me get this straight: the Packers get
A first-round pick swap in 2023
A high second-round pick in 2023
A likely first-round pick in 2024 (at worst a second)
A $60 million financial obligation taken off their hands
For
A player that was never going to play for them again.

George Cumby
04-24-2023, 06:27 PM
^ And there was much rejoicing.

MadtownPacker
04-24-2023, 06:45 PM
Needless to say I am smiling ear to ear. I dont give a fuck what they got but Gute actually did very well. He not only cut out the team bacteria but has it set up so My Man Love to get some nice toys. I hope he drafts a 1st rd WR just to shit on erron one last time.

MadtownPacker
04-24-2023, 06:45 PM
Rodgers would likely have to miss at least 5 games to not get 65% of the snaps. As long as he doesn't break another collarbone, I think we're in good shape.
STFU!!! Jinxing pendejo!!

MadtownPacker
04-24-2023, 06:52 PM

Sounds like a gift you didnt want but will end up LOVING!!! Happy birthday man!!

Im thinking about getting Sunday Ticket now also! Been about a decade without.

Bretsky
04-24-2023, 07:24 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhliohdZVb0

MadtownPacker
04-24-2023, 07:30 PM
Glad the saga is finally over. The return looks decent, especially considering the Packers aren't picking up any of the $60M.

Here's a thought, the Packers could take WR Jaxon Smith-Njigba at 13, and trade both seconds to get back into the first to take TE Michael Mayer. Love would then have two first round pass catchers, when Rodgers had none drafted by the Packers.

Now we will all see what the MLF system is like and how well the coaching staff can teach it.Agree. I am very excited for this season. Feeling like Packers are going to surprise.

Fritz
04-24-2023, 07:47 PM
Great post up there, Bretsky. I laughed out loud, for real. Mad’s posts good too - I laughed when he said the Packers should draft a wide receiver at #13 just to get one last shot in on erron.

But in answer to the thread title question, at least the answer didn’t turn out to be “jobbed.”

bobblehead
04-24-2023, 07:50 PM
not too excited about the swap, but whatever

FYI, that swap from 15 to 13 is worth about a high 4th round pick

I think the value depends on if a QB slips to 13. But bottom line, if a team is coveting a guy, more likely he slips to 13 than 15 which makes a trade down more likely. Also will cost less to move to 11 if someone we covet slips. So depending, 13 could be same value as 15, or much more.

bobblehead
04-24-2023, 07:54 PM

But not bad enough to tempt them to bench him by week 9!!

bobblehead
04-24-2023, 07:55 PM
Agree. I think Gute stays put until he sees who falls out of the top 10 or when the runs at certain positions begin, and either picks an OT or deals down. 13 feels like a better spot than 15 to have for trades. Getting the R2 pick is nice also -- so they have 42 and 45. I wonder if they keep both or use them to trade up like last year (kinda hope they keep them).

Keep them and take the 2 best TE available.

Joemailman
04-24-2023, 08:02 PM
People can say what they want, but Rodgers enabled the Packers to move on from Brett Favre without missing a beat. A very tough feat. And I suspect his post-Packers career will have a better legacy than his predecessor's.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FuhJBILX0AAys3h?format=jpg&name=small

Harlan Huckleby
04-24-2023, 08:50 PM
He not only cut out the team bacteria but has it set up so My Man Love to get some nice toys.

I thought you were saying they dumped bakhtiari (https://heavy.com/sports/green-bay-packers/david-bakhtiari-rumors-future-aaron-rodgers/)

Fosco33
04-24-2023, 08:51 PM
I hope they do

Harlan Huckleby
04-24-2023, 08:57 PM
I am gobsmacked that packers got so much in the deal.

I'm quite cool with a house landing on the wicked witch, but then again I'll be following the Jets and won't mind if he has a great season becuz I identify with old ppl given up for dead.

MadScientist
04-24-2023, 11:58 PM
But not bad enough to tempt them to bench him by week 9!!

Ideal situation is that the Jets get to 7-7 to stay in playoff contention with Rodgers playing all the games. Then they lose out to finish 7-10, but get the lucky draw for a top 10 draft pick.

texaspackerbacker
04-25-2023, 01:01 AM
Sounds like a gift you didnt want but will end up LOVING!!! Happy birthday man!!

Im thinking about getting Sunday Ticket now also! Been about a decade without.

It's $100 cheaper if you get it now instead of later.

I greatly doubt I will end up "Loving" this "gift", but who knows. I will at least be rooting for the guy, as well as rooting for Rodgers to flounder any more than just playing that 65%. I just don't think that's how it will play out, though.

My only disagreement with that Brandt quote above is that he wouldn't have ever played for the Packers again. As APB said so eloquently in one of these threads. it wouldn't have been out of the question at all for them to bury the hatchet - if indeed there even was a hatchet to bury just because the God damned media claimed it.

Oh well, time to move on, I guess.

red
04-25-2023, 06:55 AM
Ideal situation is that the Jets get to 7-7 to stay in playoff contention with Rodgers playing all the games. Then they lose out to finish 7-10, but get the lucky draw for a top 10 draft pick.

i like the scenario i heard on the radio yesterday where he plays well, but gets hurt late in the season causing the jets to miss the playoffs

after playing the 65% of snaps of course

RashanGary
04-25-2023, 07:58 AM
Our ideal scenario is Love looking like a stud regardless of the Jets outcome.

The next ideal scenario is for the Jets to fall the way you guys listed above and we get the 12th pick from them. We stink with Love and get the 7th pick. Then we use the 7th and 12th picks along with our second to move up and take a HOF QB.

oldbutnotdeadyet
04-25-2023, 11:47 AM
i like the scenario i heard on the radio yesterday where he plays well, but gets hurt late in the season causing the jets to miss the playoffs

after playing the 65% of snaps of course

65.5% to be safe..

Joemailman
04-25-2023, 12:42 PM
https://babylonbee.com/news/aaron-rodgers-retires-from-professional-football-to-play-with-the-jets

NEW YORK, NY — Legendary Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers has officially signed with the New York Jets, confirming his retirement from professional football.

"You have to know when to walk away," said Rodgers. "I'm excited to put on a New York Jets jersey, and leave pro football in the rearview mirror."

Sources inside the Jets organization were reportedly shocked to receive the word from Rodgers. "How much peyote is he smoking??" asked General Manager Joe Douglas. "Eh, who cares. Even if he's high, just to have a legend like Rodgers on the field with us amateurs - it's going to be amazing. I know the NFL will be sad to lose him, but their loss is our gain."

Rodgers took months to make a final decision, laboring over whether it was time to hang up his cleats. "Professional football is an incredible grind," said Rodgers. "I've enjoyed my career tremendously, but in the end, I realized I was done with all the film watching, the practicing - that endless pursuit of perfection. Thankfully, I don't have to worry about any of that with the Jets. It's going to be an amazing change of pace."

At publishing time, Aaron Rodgers had asked if anyone had some psychedelics because he just sobered up enough to realize he had actually signed with the New York Jets.

oldbutnotdeadyet
04-25-2023, 01:47 PM
Probably already discussed but it looks like trade is not final until Packers rewrite Arods contract to make it more cap friendly and then turn in signed contract to NFL.

QBME
04-25-2023, 03:24 PM
Sign spotted in Waukesha - “Aaron Rodgers retires from football to play for the New York Jets”

Joemailman
04-25-2023, 03:38 PM
Sign spotted in Waukesha - “Aaron Rodgers retires from football to play for the New York Jets”

Look up a few posts. :razz:

ThunderDan
04-25-2023, 04:18 PM
Probably already discussed but it looks like trade is not final until Packers rewrite Arods contract to make it more cap friendly and then turn in signed contract to NFL.

I think it is done. I read somewhere else that the Jets just turned the contract into a signing bonus to push like $25,000,000 to next year. The Jets already kicking the can down the road on a player who hasn't played a down for the team.

ThunderDan
04-25-2023, 04:21 PM
Here is the article that I read.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/jets-make-major-move-after-aaron-rodgers-trade/ar-AA1ak0Ri?ocid=entnewsntp&cvid=e624061b783c4c4ba91b2ae4e0cb5b39&ei=32

It sounds like more than $40,000,000 kicked down the road.

sharpe1027
04-25-2023, 05:52 PM
Do punts and field goal attempts count against his snap count percentage?

Joemailman
04-25-2023, 06:24 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FumHxRBWIAE3SbA?format=jpg&name=large

Rastak
04-25-2023, 07:42 PM
Do punts and field goal attempts count against his snap count percentage?

If he's on the field :-D

Rastak
04-25-2023, 07:43 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FumHxRBWIAE3SbA?format=jpg&name=large

Trying to not burn any bridges.

sharpe1027
04-25-2023, 08:51 PM
If he's on the field :-D

What I mean is if he plays 90 snaps for an entire game, but there are 10 other plays for punts and field goal attempts, does that mean he played 90% or 100%?

red
04-25-2023, 09:01 PM
What I mean is if he plays 90 snaps for an entire game, but there are 10 other plays for punts and field goal attempts, does that mean he played 90% or 100%?

there would also be about 90 snaps for the other team you know. its not just offense and special teams

i would think its 65% of offensive snaps

defense and special teams won't count (unless gutey is a complete idiot and somehow let that slide in there)

sharpe1027
04-25-2023, 09:04 PM
i would think its 65% of offensive snaps

defense and special teams won't count (unless gutey is a complete idiot and somehow let that slide in there)

I suppose they have good attorneys covering all that shit.

run pMc
04-25-2023, 09:51 PM
Trying to not burn any bridges.

Everything he does is calculated. All the same, I'm a little surprised he mentioned Gutekunst.
Rodgers was an incredible QB for GB and I wish him well. It's best for the team long-term and might even revitalize him. I think he has a little bit left in the tank, but it was time for him to leave.
That awful contract and the drama often swirling around him was distracting.

Barring injury he will play 65% of the offensive snaps and GB will get a R1 next year. If the Jets get full-spite Aaron they could make some noise. He's going to miss GB's OL though.

As for the picks, I'm a little surprised Gute got what he did. The key will be to actually get some good players from those picks. If he ends up with Datone Jones and Jerel Worthy types then you've squandered a big chance to improve the roster.

... and Brandt is mostly right -- Rodgers was a $60M financial obligation they didn't want. I don't think he was coming back, the rubicon was crossed when he went on McAfee and said he wanted to be a Jet (if not before that).
There will be a behind the scenes story of everything eventually, whether it's next month or a few years down the road remains to be seen.

This trade could've gotten very, very ugly before going down. Glad it didn't; makes the odds of a Rodgers ring of honor night at Lambeau happening sooner more likely.

Bretsky
04-25-2023, 11:20 PM
DID YOU KNOW..........REAL INFO

Once upon a time the Atlanta Falcons traded a Gunslinger to the Green Bay Packers for a 1st round draft pick. Brett Favre gave us memories and is considered one of the best

DID YOU KNOW

When Brett Favre came to GB he "failed" his physical. Ron Wolf marched into the trainer and told him to pass him on the F'kin Physical.

And then he fave us many fun years

ThunderDan
04-26-2023, 09:43 AM
I think it is done. I read somewhere else that the Jets just turned the contract into a signing bonus to push like $25,000,000 to next year. The Jets already kicking the can down the road on a player who hasn't played a down for the team.

Actually. I believe it was the Packers who reworked the contract first. The trade is supposed to go through after 4pm today. Then the Jets will rework the contract again.

call_me_ishmael
04-26-2023, 10:53 PM
Pissed off Aaron Rodgers is going to go ape shit on the league before he lays an egg in AFCC to Mahomes. Book it. 5x MVP tho.

Homie cleaned up well for his press tour today. Ditched the weird hobo thing to be all business.

Packers gonna pick a receiver just to piss him off too.

We should be kinda mad he wouldn't spend any time in off-season here but he's there for the whole of it. Kinda jacked ngl. But yeah, he is pissed and gonna have an unbelievable season. Remember, he's single now, doesn't have that hot little pop tart around to keep him busy so he's all in I'm sure.

RashanGary
04-27-2023, 08:15 AM
Pissed off Aaron Rodgers is going to go ape shit on the league before he lays an egg in AFCC to Mahomes. Book it. 5x MVP tho.

Homie cleaned up well for his press tour today. Ditched the weird hobo thing to be all business.

Packers gonna pick a receiver just to piss him off too.

We should be kinda mad he wouldn't spend any time in off-season here but he's there for the whole of it. Kinda jacked ngl. But yeah, he is pissed and gonna have an unbelievable season. Remember, he's single now, doesn't have that hot little pop tart around to keep him busy so he's all in I'm sure.

Him looking so presentable, wearing Jets gear, having no weirdness vibes shows he’s not in his comfort zone. He’s trying not to make enemies in New York on day 1. But yeah, he’s pissed. He’s got some new grudge ammo to fuel him. I agree that he’s gonna be in such good shape that he’ll go back in time a year or two, and going back in time a year or two for Rodgers is MVP level play. Hackett is the OC on a team with a defensive coach, so those two (Rodgers and Hackett) have been down this road together before and should be able to make it work quickly.

I don’t know about another MVP. Too many other guys could have monster years to make that likely. But MVP level is certainly attainable. If he’s healthy all year, we’re looking at the 26th pick next year. If he’s hurt a bunch, we’re looking at the 50th pick next year.

RashanGary
04-27-2023, 08:16 AM
Favre went 8-3 with the Jets before he got injured. Even Favre had success out there. I expect 8 to look pretty good.

Fritz
04-27-2023, 09:41 AM
I noticed Rodgers was respectful of the Packers - no shots at them, unless you count his "there are no records of the Packers trying to FaceTime me" thing. Still a little bit of a pissing match there. All I can say about that is that what I've learned over the years - I am a slow learner - is that you should pay attention to actions more than words. IF the Packers had wanted Rodgers back, and IF he had wanted to be back with them, well, he would be. But he ain't. I'm guessing - and it's a guess - that Rodgers did not like Guter's decision to not consult Rodgers about re-signing Lewis, Cobb, et al. I'm guessing Guter made it clear, one way or another, that the team was moving on, and Guter was trying to talk to Rodgers to see if he'd come back given those parameters. Probably knowing Rodgers wouldn't like that loss of control. So a little passive-aggressive there. Then Rodgers, the master of passive-aggressive, made it clear via the media that he'd been blindsided by the Packers and gee, he was all ready to commit to playing after he came out of the darkness!

As always, enough blame for everyone.

run pMc
04-27-2023, 12:08 PM
"there are no records of the Packers trying to FaceTime me"

meaning they probably tried a regular phone call and he ghosted them. AR is a language lawyer on par with a snotty 15 year old.

I can see them trying to call him from Mark Murphy's office and AR12 is like "not a FaceTime call? nice try, lose my number". Murphy looks like he can barely tie his shoes much less use technology.

bobblehead
04-27-2023, 12:18 PM
I noticed Rodgers was respectful of the Packers - no shots at them, unless you count his "there are no records of the Packers trying to FaceTime me" thing. Still a little bit of a pissing match there. All I can say about that is that what I've learned over the years - I am a slow learner - is that you should pay attention to actions more than words. IF the Packers had wanted Rodgers back, and IF he had wanted to be back with them, well, he would be. But he ain't. I'm guessing - and it's a guess - that Rodgers did not like Guter's decision to not consult Rodgers about re-signing Lewis, Cobb, et al. I'm guessing Guter made it clear, one way or another, that the team was moving on, and Guter was trying to talk to Rodgers to see if he'd come back given those parameters. Probably knowing Rodgers wouldn't like that loss of control. So a little passive-aggressive there. Then Rodgers, the master of passive-aggressive, made it clear via the media that he'd been blindsided by the Packers and gee, he was all ready to commit to playing after he came out of the darkness!

As always, enough blame for everyone.

He wrote a nice farewell if you look for it online. No hard feelings for me. He is a packer legend. He will always be a packer. It was just time for a change.

Fritz
04-27-2023, 01:03 PM
I think it was time for a change - but instead of both sides just admitting that, they have to try to angle the "blame" to the other side without looking whiny, which of course never really works out too well.

But that was a classy bit Rodgers wrote online, so all will be well when Rodgers comes back to Lambeau, whether for a game or to be honored.