PDA

View Full Version : TEX; au contraire

Sparkey
03-15-2023, 02:47 PM
----
Obviously he plays for the Packers. Obviously he plays a helluva lot better than last season. Laying an egg in the playoffs or going all the way is not very relevant to me until the week of the games, but I'd say as always, it could happen even with little or no change to staff and personnel, just with a little bit of luck on the injury front, etc.

----
If LaFleur or Gutekunst or Murphy - anybody with inside knowledge on the Packers ever read the crap in this forum, they'd be laughing their asses off.

----
Nice poetry, but a bogus narrative, at least your conclusion is bogus. The GOAT ain't going anywhere.

----
Bobblehead, I'm completely confident that I'm aligned with the thinking of the Packer brass on this topic - unlike the various haters and dumbasses. They are the ones who did that glorious Rodgers contract - which many in here stupidly hate, and IMO, they did it with eyes wide open and are still glad they did - as am I, (OBVIOUSLY).

----
I'm fairly sure Rodgers knows he's staying and the Packer brass know he is staying. Rodgers is just stringing along the media shitheads and anybody dumb enough to swallow the media shit.

----
I'm not sure if McAfee qualifies as "sports media". Regardless, though, it's not what comes from his mouth, it's what Rodgers himself says on the show that counts.

----
I say again, Rodgers isn't gonna be traded, and he isn't gonna retire. If they did want to trade him - which they obviously don't, he wouldn't have much say about where he would go, except maybe to threaten retirement - which clearly would be throwing away so much money that it would be significant even to somebody as rich as he is. All of this trade talk is just ludicrous.

----
..... Bobblehead, I was reading your post above where you said I was "all over the map". Where does that come from? I've been totally consistent, I think, all along saying Rodgers shouldn't be/won't be traded.

----
As somebody said, he didn't say what the title implies - I think the term for that is click bait. I expect Lazard to be in Green Bay next year and maybe beyond with a respectable but not overly high salary.

Shame on me for even starting this thread. Never kick a man when he is down, but then again Tex has been "screamin from the rafters" that we are all idiots sooooo.

RashanGary
03-15-2023, 02:51 PM
Tex, you’re a good guy, even the way you insult doesn’t come off as being overly rude. It’s just you being you. But this is funny!!!!!

run pMc
03-15-2023, 03:43 PM
----

As somebody said, he didn't say what the title implies - I think the term for that is click bait. I expect Lazard to be in Green Bay next year and maybe beyond with a respectable but not overly high salary.

Shame on me for even starting this thread. Never kick a man when he is down, but then again Tex has been "screamin from the rafters" that we are all idiots sooooo.

You forgot this gem (emphasis mine):

I told my oldest grandson when he was 12, about 15 years ago now, always say "it seems" or "probably" or "IMO" because if you say something like you know for sure and you're wrong, you're basically lying.

Roasting aside, you can't help respect his conviction and enthusiasm, however misguided or misinformed.

Jereamiah
03-15-2023, 06:23 PM
I mean, but really? Is it really official yet? Tex still has a chance to be right. Maybe I've missed out on the latest news. Sounds to me like GB and the Jets are wafflin over compensation. Might alllll still fall through, proving Tex right. How Crazy would that be? Like Tina Turner welcoming back IKE or that chic from La Bamba forgiving Bob...

Joemailman
03-15-2023, 06:39 PM
I mean, but really? Is it really official yet? Tex still has a chance to be right. Maybe I've missed out on the latest news. Sounds to me like GB and the Jets are wafflin over compensation. Might alllll still fall through, proving Tex right. How Crazy would that be? Like Tina Turner welcoming back IKE or that chic from La Bamba forgiving Bob...

This has gone too far for the trade not to happen. It would be a PR disaster for the Jets if they don't get Rodgers. And a real problem for the Packers too with what they do with Love if it doesn't happen.

Jereamiah
03-15-2023, 06:50 PM
This has gone too far for the trade not to happen. It would be a PR disaster for the Jets if they don't get Rodgers. And a real problem for the Packers too with what they do with Love if it doesn't happen.

I'm just being a smartass...

bobblehead
03-15-2023, 06:59 PM
I'm just being a smartass...

And many of us around here appreciate a little smart assery once in awhile....and the occasional tina/ike reference.

texaspackerbacker
03-15-2023, 07:39 PM
Whatever. I got it wrong, and now we all suffer, even the shitheads and haters who were actually dumb enough to WANT this. How bad and how all out stupid this is by Gutekunst, etc. depends on what they get in trade. We survived several years that LaFleur didn't blow things up with his ego, but ultimately, Gutekunst's damn ego - idiotically wanting to throw it all away and see what happens with his own guy. Fuck him for that and all the dumbasses who craved the losing that's gonna come.

I'll survive. Badger football should be damn good this year. The Cowboys, my second favorite team, may be good enough to overcome McCarthy's coaching and win big too.

bobblehead
03-15-2023, 08:07 PM
Tex, teams do win without Aaron Rodgers. Hell teams without rodgers won every owl but 1 since he's been around.

Give Love a chance. He might surprise you.

Bretsky
03-15-2023, 08:17 PM
G DAM media f'cking whore Karen Rodgers was at it again announcing he wants to play for th J.E.T.S JETS JETS JETS

But I don't believe the GD media whore promoting his agenda. I'm not convinced the JETS want that d'bag

Harlan Huckleby
03-15-2023, 09:51 PM
I think the Jets have forgotten about the dick pics by now and are ready for a new adventure in packer prima donnas.

RashanGary
03-15-2023, 10:23 PM
I think the Jets have forgotten about the dick pics by now and are ready for a new adventure in packer prima donnas.

Haha!

RashanGary
03-15-2023, 10:26 PM
In fairness to the Jets, they’re a pretty good team and they’re a QB away. If Rodgers has a chip on his shoulder and gets one more big year, they’ve got a shot.

* Removed to erase stupidly - admin

MadtownPacker
03-15-2023, 11:49 PM
You had to make me do it huh sorryass? Now look at the fun you will miss.

Fritz
03-16-2023, 07:13 AM
Whatever. I got it wrong, and now we all suffer, even the shitheads and haters who were actually dumb enough to WANT this. How bad and how all out stupid this is by Gutekunst, etc. depends on what they get in trade. We survived several years that LaFleur didn't blow things up with his ego, but ultimately, Gutekunst's damn ego - idiotically wanting to throw it all away and see what happens with his own guy. Fuck him for that and all the dumbasses who craved the losing that's gonna come.

I'll survive. Badger football should be damn good this year. The Cowboys, my second favorite team, may be good enough to overcome McCarthy's coaching and win big too.

Thanks, Tex!

You manned up. Sort of.

Sparkey
03-16-2023, 08:31 AM
Thanks, Tex!

You manned up. Sort of.

Whatever is the polite way to tell someone F U ! Must be that Texas politeness.

Just giving you shit Tex! haha

SudsMcBucky
03-16-2023, 09:44 AM
In fairness to the Jets, they’re a pretty good team and they’re a QB away. If Rodgers has a chip on his shoulder and gets one more big year, they’ve got a shot.

* Removed to erase stupidly - admin

And this is PRECISELY why the Jets will make sure they get this deal done. Their only possible option if they don't do the AR trade is to try and go after Lamar Jackson. GB kinda has them by the balls, at least moreso than the other way around.

texaspackerbacker
03-16-2023, 10:33 AM
I'm wondering what RG said that was so bad.

Actually, I'd say the Jets ARE pretty bad. Just the same, if Rodgers plays up to his norm, they could win big/go all the way. Just about any team with Rodgers at QB could if things fall right. Regardless, assuming this deal goes through and he actually is gone, to the Jets or otherwise, then fuck him and the Jets too. I'm rooting for Rodgers to break his knee and the Jets to rue the day they ever made the deal.

As for the Packers winning without Rodgers, dream on. I'm normally the biggest optimist in here, and I don't see anything ahead except mediocrity. Look at the three seasons in recent history that Rodgers was either out injured for a lot of it or else played with an injury. That's what I see for the foreseeable future. Don't get me wrong, I'd be pleased to be wrong about the mediocre future, and Rodgers himself did say Love looked damn good. But unless he reaches Rodgers level of greatness and can carry the team, which I really doubt, then that mediocrity is looming.

And as I said, I got nothing against those who merely got it right when I got it wrong - that Gutekunst et al really would be stupid enough to do this. What I really see as the lowest of the low, the rottenest of the rotten, the stupidest of the stupid are the shitheads who actually WANTED the Packers to throw it all away like they apparently are doing. That's just inexcusable.

call_me_ishmael
03-16-2023, 10:42 AM
You are a terrible person Tex. You blow with the wind. You gotta find some grounding principles brother.

texaspackerbacker
03-16-2023, 11:03 AM
Terrible person, yeah, I've been told that hahahaha, but "blow with the wind"? what's that all about? I'm as stubborn and consistent as anybody could be - about this and everything else. The most fundamental "principle" for sports fans should be homerism, but that takes balls, something which some in here don't seem to have. Better stay away from that mirror, CMI.

Harlan Huckleby
03-16-2023, 11:24 AM
There's a decent chance that Rodgers will have a good season and Tex will be back in the perch.

The Packers have been on a collision course with AR ever since they dared to draft another QB without his permission.
It was bound to end in tears. He did have some terrific games after the epic hissy fit.

MadtownPacker
03-16-2023, 11:34 AM
I'm wondering what RG said that was so bad. Its not your business to wonder about and the next time anyone is questioning/wondering why someone was banned will get them double the person they asked about. Im sick of having to babysit stupid assholes who know better. Also any mention of FYI or meet me in FYI will also get you put down.

Deputy Nutz
03-16-2023, 01:29 PM
Its not your business to wonder about and the next time anyone is questioning/wondering why someone was banned will get them double the person they asked about. Im sick of having to babysit stupid assholes who know better. Also any mention of FYI or meet me in FYI will also get you put down.

Still stealing people's freedom I see.

Any Whoo, Packers would have been much better off with Rodgers in 2023 but all good things come to an end. The Packers and I would say Rodgers put themselves in this position. Rodgers thinks a red carpet should be rolled out for elderly players that have nothing left to give, and so he demanded to have his last year of his contract ripped up and then demand a 3 year 150 million dollar deal to keep playing, the Packers foolishly gave him the money. They drafted Jordan Love with the expectation that Rodgers was going to retire by now? Then why in the fucking world would you pay Rodgers in the first place after ripping up his contract?

Really Mark Murphy has been a bag of shit since he has gotten to Green Bay and he should fuck right the fuck off. Gute seems to have a very limited ability to run this organization. LaFluer has the stones to be a head coach, but the triumphant should be disbanded and a real GM and President need to be brought in to clean up this disaster created because of an aging veteran QB that they can't get any value for on the trade market because he makes too much fucking money on top of the money that Packers have to pay off on their salary cap. What a cluster fuck and for it to repeat itself in almost the same exact way 15 years later is the biggest fucking joke on this franchise. You would have thought if any front office would know how to handle this, it would have been the Packers. Good luck cheering for this team, because I am not quite sure how close they are going to be to success in the next 3 or 4 years. Jordan Love is no Rodgers or Favre. The odds are incredibly preposterous for the Packers to his on 3 in a row. Not like it matters, it will only net 1 super bowl if Love does hit.

Fritz
03-16-2023, 03:06 PM
Rodgers is not easy, at all. But Nutzy has a point - if anyone should've known how to handle this, it should've been Murphy and Guter. But they botched it - again. Well, "again" for Murphy.

Harlan Huckleby
03-16-2023, 03:51 PM
I don't think management botched Favre's meltdown. They accommodated the great one through his mood swings, then made a commitment to a new direction when it seemed like Favre offered a hard goodbye.

The decision to offer Rodgers a 3-year golden parachute was questionable and risky. It might have worked out OK if the team around him was as strong as expected. But shit happened.

Fritz
03-16-2023, 04:16 PM
I don't think management botched Favre's meltdown. They accommodated the great one through his mood swings, then made a commitment to a new direction when it seemed like Favre offered a hard goodbye.

The decision to offer Rodgers a 3-year golden parachute was questionable and risky. It might have worked out OK if the team around him was as strong as expected. But shit happened.

Good point. Favre made that difficult. But I would say that Murphy and Guter, in Rodgers's case, had about as much finesse as Ray Nitschke.

Deputy Nutz
03-17-2023, 07:53 AM
Not to rehash the Favre thing, but its been pretty apparent that Thompson and McCarthy were just fine moving on from Favre. Of course the fan base was not ok with moving on from Favre so Thompson and McCarthy flew down to Mississippi and wanted a decision about his future. He said if they had to have an answer then he would retire because he wasn't ready to approach another season at the time. Obviously Favre and Rodgers are going through the same thing at the end of their careers and not knowing how much longer they want to play, not sure how you can't see the comparisons. The only difference is Favre never held the franchise hostage with a ridiculous contract. He did force their hand by coming to Green Bay forcing the Packers to either suit him up, trade him, or cut him.

Fosco33
03-17-2023, 08:32 AM
Sorry, Nutz but this is different.

ARod didn’t retire before the draft and unretire after the draft. Then force the team to trade him.
And the brass signed the fricken contract knowing they have an ego qb over 40. How’s that on ARod?

Deputy Nutz
03-17-2023, 09:00 AM
How in the world did you get that I was blaming Rodgers in all of this? He got the Packers to bend the knee and he took full advantage of it, good for him! I mean he got them to tear up his final year on his contract and then add 3 years for 150 million to it. Absolutely good on him. When he talk about retirement he said he was going to make a timely decision, and he didn't. He said it himself he was 90% retired before his retreat. Favre, Brady, and Rodgers all use retirement as some sort of leverage because they were able to play well into their late 30s and 40s. Favre, Brady, and Rodgers have all made a lot of money in the twilight of their career, using very similar tactics to move on from their OG team. Now they all have egos, and Rodgers might be the biggest. I don't like him, never have. The thing about Rodgers is that he did manipulate the Packers 2 seasons ago before the draft, he continues to manipulate the Packers and now the Jets with his appearance on MacAfee Show. He has figured the game out.

I also explained the Favre situation to the best of my knowledge. If the Packers had went to Rodgers in February and demanded an answer he would have retired, then I guarantee he would have unretired in the Summer. Hey the Packers got a 2nd round pick for Favre, it could have been a first if the Jets would have made the playoffs. I don't think it worked out to bad for the Packers. They used that 2nd round pick in the draft to move up and draft Clay Matthews, who in my opinion was terribly overrated but still was a key contributor to Packers 4th Super Bowl.

sharpe1027
03-17-2023, 09:11 AM
If the Packers had went to Rodgers in February and demanded an answer he would have retired, then I guarantee he would have unretired in the Summer.

Exactly how do they "demand" he does anything of the sort? I'm pretty sure they asked.

MadtownPacker
03-17-2023, 10:02 AM
Even though he is possibly a worst person than Rodgers, Sir Nutz he is a football expert. His version fits with timelines and entitled millennial behavior that 12 has always shown.

texaspackerbacker
03-17-2023, 10:19 AM
Nutz's post(s) come closer to correct than the others here.

Signing Rodgers to that contract was not a "golden parachute" type thing. It was smart - designed to keep the GOAT QB a Packer for several additional years at least. However, where Gutekunst and Murphy blundered severely was in blinking after one bad (primarily due to injury) season and fucking up the whole situation. Assuming the trade does actually happen, Rodgers, disgustingly from my point of view, is probably gonna go to the Jets and play like the GOAT for several more years at least - similar to the Brady situation.

And believe me, I will be reminding the shitheads in here who actually WANTED him gone with the inevitability of bad times in Green Bay and good times in New York just how all world STUPID they were for craving that to happen.

And Harlan, about your post above, yeah, in the very unlikely scenario that the Packers do still play winning football like the Rodgers years, I'll damn well be cheering for it - just not expecting it.

sharpe1027
03-17-2023, 10:29 AM
If Rodgers had said he was committed to the Packers at any point, he'd be back. It's as simple as that.

texaspackerbacker
03-17-2023, 10:40 AM
That would indeed be logical, but it doesn't seem to be true, based on the likelihood now that he will be gone.

Deputy Nutz
03-17-2023, 01:48 PM
Exactly how do they "demand" he does anything of the sort? I'm pretty sure they asked.

Simple, if the Packers would have put Rodgers on a timeline similar to the way Thompson and McCarthy put Favre on a timeline. I think Favre was relatively loyal to the Franchise, I don't think he saw himself playing for anyone else until he realized he was ready to play ball and that the Packers had moved on, then he wanted a clean release from the Packers so he could play for the team of his choosing, which is ridiculous, especially since he wanted to go play for the Vikings.

I think Rodgers wants out of Green Bay, I think the Packers brass now wants him out of Green Bay because they some how just now realized they have a QB on a rookie deal that is about to expire and they need to know if he can actually play, and they some how in a drunken stupor extended Rodgers to a whopping 100 million of Guaranteed Money. I still don't understand why you do both. You either let Rodger walk after 2022 and not extend him and go with Love for 2023, or you extend Rodger and put Love up for trade. It's is actually that damn simple and the Packers messed it up.

sharpe1027
03-17-2023, 02:42 PM
They didn't have the same options with Rodgers's contract as they did with Favre though.

call_me_ishmael
03-17-2023, 02:42 PM
If Rodgers had said he was committed to the Packers at any point, he'd be back. It's as simple as that.

We'll never know for sure, but I would be really surprised if he didn't say I'm ready to play for the Packers in 2023 and they said no thanks, we're going with Jordan, we're going to move you.

sharpe1027
03-17-2023, 03:01 PM
We'll never know for sure, but I would be really surprised if he didn't say I'm ready to play for the Packers in 2023 and they said no thanks, we're going with Jordan, we're going to move you.
I guess we won't know for certain, but I believe Rodgers. Rodgers would be lying about what happened in his latest interview. He basically said he found out the Packers didn't want him after his darkness retreat.

Packers are super conservative about their image so I highly, highly doubt they did that in the first place.

red
03-17-2023, 08:31 PM
I guess we won't know for certain, but I believe Rodgers. Rodgers would be lying about what happened in his latest interview. He basically said he found out the Packers didn't want him after his darkness retreat.

Packers are super conservative about their image so I highly, highly doubt they did that in the first place.

they had a meeting (i think) right after the season ended and the team told them what they expected. then rodgers has no contact outside of a couple simple texts

over half of packer nation knew it was coming. the talk at the combine was about teams asking about him

maybe he had his head so far in the clouds and thinking his shit doesn't stink to think it wouldn't really happen, but a good chunck of the football world knew it was coming

so just another bullshit statement from him, just like how he didn't give the jets a list of demands, he just told them a list of players he would like to have when they all met. he didn't demand anything, it was just a strong suggestion

for as smart as he thinks he is, he should have known as soon as he signed the contract last year that it was just a 1 or 2 year deal

Deputy Nutz
03-21-2023, 07:49 AM
They didn't have the same options with Rodgers's contract as they did with Favre though.

What the fuck are you talking about?

sharpe1027
03-21-2023, 05:10 PM
What the fuck are you talking about?

The structure is different. They couldn't cut Rodgers without taking something like $100M in cap hit, so there's no way they could demand Rodgers make a decision.

Deputy Nutz
03-22-2023, 08:08 AM
The structure is different. They couldn't cut Rodgers without taking something like $100M in cap hit, so there's no way they could demand Rodgers make a decision.

Going up in the 80's when someone stated the obvious we would yell at them, "NO DUHH!!!"

The Packers fucked themselves by signing him to the ridiculous contract. Favre was already paid out the majority of his signing bonuses and guarantees with the Packers. The Packers could cut Rodgers but they have to take like a 60 million cap hit in 2023

Anti-Polar Bear
03-22-2023, 08:55 AM
Yo, Nutz, you play poker, specifically, no limit Texas Hold’em?

Deputy Nutz
03-22-2023, 09:13 AM
Yes, No Limit Tournaments. Poker is losing its popularity in regional casinos though.

Anti-Polar Bear
03-22-2023, 11:54 AM
Yes, No Limit Tournaments. Poker is losing its popularity in regional casinos though.

Yeah, Oneida in Green Bay currently appears to be the only casino in Wisconsin that has an open poker room.

I suck at the game, but I have $2000 left in my bankroll. Gonna take a nap and then put it all on the line at 2-5. I will retire from poker if I bust.

sharpe1027
03-22-2023, 09:31 PM
Going up in the 80's when someone stated the obvious we would yell at them, "NO DUHH!!!"

The Packers fucked themselves by signing him to the ridiculous contract. Favre was already paid out the majority of his signing bonuses and guarantees with the Packers. The Packers could cut Rodgers but they have to take like a 60 million cap hit in 2023

Yeah. It's obvious. That's why I was saying they weren't in a position to demand Rodgers make a decision like you suggested.

MadtownPacker
03-22-2023, 10:44 PM
Yeah, Oneida in Green Bay currently appears to be the only casino in Wisconsin that has an open poker room.

I suck at the game, but I have $2000 left in my bankroll. Gonna take a nap and then put it all on the line at 2-5. I will retire from poker if I bust.Silly rabbit, find a way to setup online table for some of us and we can…. well we can talk details in the GC.