PDA

View Full Version : Q&A with WR Greg Jennings.

woodbuck27
09-17-2006, 12:58 AM
Posted September 16, 2006

Q&A with Greg Jennings

By Dylan B. Tomlinson
PackersNews.com

This week's question and answer is with wide receiver Greg Jennings.

Question: You're from the same hometown as Derek Jeter and T.J. Duckett. Are you friends with either of them?

Answer: I don't know Jeter. I'm really good friends with T.J. He went to our cross-town rival. We had to go against him in just about every sport. I played football against him, I played basketball against him, and I ran track against him.

Question: Is your goal now to surpass Jeter as the most famous alumnus from Kalamazoo Central?

Answer: (Laughs) I don't think that is going to happen. Jeter is the man. He's definitely the man.

Question: Are you a fan of his?

Answer: I definitely like what he does. He makes baseball interesting.

Question: After living in Kalamazoo for your entire life, what do you miss most about home and what do you like best about Green Bay?

Answer: What I miss most about home is my family. It's pretty much just like here in Green Bay. Back there, we have the university and some smaller colleges that takes the place of a (pro) franchise. It's real similar. The size and the way everything is run is pretty much the same.

Question: What's the best advice you've gotten since you've been here?

Answer: The best advice was probably just to be patient.

Question: Did people start treating you differently since you became a starter?

Answer: Not at all. Everything is still the same. I'm still a rookie.

Question: What's your worst rookie hazing story?

Answer: They tied me up out there on the field with duct tape. I don't know what was in the Gatorade, but they dumped a cold bucket of Gatorade, two of them, and a whole bucket of ice on me.

Question: Did they do that to all the rookies?

Answer: No. They just wanted to do it to me.

Question: What was your favorite NFL team growing up?

Answer: My favorite team growing up was the Indianapolis Colts.

Question: Who was your favorite player?

Answer: That's a good question. I don't know. I always liked a variation of receivers. I also was a huge fan of Barry Sanders. As far as receivers, I was a big fan of Jerry Rice. I like guys who can make things happen after the catch like Steve Smith.

Question: Who is the best receiver in the NFL?

Answer: Me, now that I'm in it. (Laughs) No, I'm kidding. It's hard to pick one guy. There's a lot of guys who do a lot of different things really well. To become a good receiver, you take all of the things that guys do and try to put it together. If you ask any receiver around the league, that's what all of the receivers do.

Question: You still haven't answered the question.

Answer: (Laughs) OK, fine. I like what (Terrell Owens) does. He's a huge playmaker. Steve Smith is at the top of my list, as well. Marvin Harrison and Chad Johnson would have to be there, as well.

Question: What's the best movie you've seen recently?

Answer: "Madea's Family Reunion."

Question: Who is your favorite actor?

Answer: Jamie Foxx.

Question: Who is your favorite singer?

Answer: I'm a gospel guy. So, I would say Byron Cage.

Question:

Question: What's your favorite reality TV show?

Answer: "Flavor of Love." My wife has me watching that right now. It's a riot.

Question: Speaking of your wife, you met her in fifth grade. When did you know she was the one?

Answer: That's a female thing. She knew a lot earlier than I did. I knew I wanted to be with her for a long time when I was in seventh grade and eighth grade all the way through up until now.Question: Who is the best player you've played against?

Answer: I don't know if there is one specific player. It was probably when we played against Virginia Tech when I was in college.

Question: Who is your best friend on this team?

Answer: I'm friends with everybody.

PACKERS !

mmmdk
09-17-2006, 01:44 AM
I like this kid. I think he will, on a personal level, have a good game vs the Saints. 4 catches for 65 yards and a tiny TD perhaps!?