PDA

View Full Version : OFFICIAL AARON RODGERS THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

Pages : [1] 2

MadScientist
05-07-2023, 08:35 PM
Since every thread is devolving into talk about Rodgers, it's time we have this thread to collect all the crap commentary about the most recent ex-Packer MVP, HOF bound QB.

Joemailman
05-07-2023, 10:19 PM
Just hanging out with a few friends at the Kentucky Derby.

https://www.gannett-cdn.com/presto/2023/05/06/PLOU/479ddce2-ab04-4e2e-9e4e-0616386f024f-BarnstableMH71.jpg?width=1320&height=884&fit=crop&format=pjpg&auto=webp

call_me_ishmael
05-07-2023, 11:43 PM
I recognize a lot of those dudes but not all.

Who's the tall guy next to Rodgers? Who are the two dudes next to tall guy? Is Bak's brother in front of Rodgers?

Lotta Packers.

Joemailman
05-08-2023, 07:24 AM

Who's the tall guy next to Rodgers? Who are the two dudes next to tall guy? Is Bak's brother in front of Rodgers?

Lotta Packers.

I think the tall guy is Jimmy Graham. Don't know who the other 2 guys are.

Fritz
05-08-2023, 07:47 AM

Lotta Packers.

It's NoHo Hank!

https://media.vanityfair.com/photos/6287b4250545d9cf4733702d/16:9/w_1920,h_1080,c_limit/Anthony-Carrigan-noho-hank.jpg

RashanGary
05-08-2023, 07:56 AM
The skinny one is Matt Shneidman

call_me_ishmael
05-08-2023, 09:24 AM
The skinny one is Matt Shneidman

I don't think so, he was in GB for mini camp not at the derby.

run pMc
05-08-2023, 01:34 PM
Hawk, Cobb, Rodges, Graham, Eric Bahktiari(?), ?, Davante, Lazard, Flynn, Bulaga
? and David Bahktiari squatting

(I could be wrong)

It's offseason, slow news cycle

Fritz
05-09-2023, 07:45 AM
On another note, I read somewhere - I don't even remember where - that Rodgers is going to skip whatever the next team activities are. So those who were somehow ticked off or concerned that Rodgers was now suddenly all-in, well, maybe he's not. Or maybe what he thinks he needs to do to be ready for the season, to be "all in," is different than showing up for every team thing.

A different offseason program than, say, Patrick Mahomes, who apparently shows up for everything, even the janitors' training sessions.

Anti-Polar Bear
05-09-2023, 09:19 AM
On another note, I read somewhere - I don't even remember where - that Rodgers is going to skip whatever the next team activities are. So those who were somehow ticked off or concerned that Rodgers was now suddenly all-in, well, maybe he's not. Or maybe what he thinks he needs to do to be ready for the season, to be "all in," is different than showing up for every team thing.

A different offseason program then, say, Patrick Mahomes, who apparently shows up for everything, even the janitors' training sessions.

Mahomes is only 27 and already married...with children. Ain’t like he aspires to travel round the world, a-banging all “types” of women.

When Butte was 27, the bachelor in him coulda skipped the meaningless OTAs and traveled ‘round the world, a-banging the many types of women biology has evolved. Yet, there he was, shoveling snow in the middle of May in cold, dark and dull Wisconsin.

Fucking point is, Butte never once skipped the meaningless OTAs in his prime years. As for Butte skipping the meaningless OTAs as a greybeard, ask yourself this: is it cool for a 40 year old burger flipper with 10+ years of slavery, err, experience flipping burgers to be bonding with a bunch of young pups at the burger joint that enslaves, err, employs said hapless 40 year old burger flipper?

sharpe1027
05-09-2023, 05:38 PM
There's a reason why you don't find people saying burger flipping is a team sport.

It's not all about Aaron.

Anti-Polar Bear
05-11-2023, 12:30 AM
There's a reason why you don't find people saying burger flipping is a team sport.

It's not all about Aaron.

Burger flipping still takes a tons of good teamwork to prepare orders efficiently. Otherwise, the Karen’s are gonna cry.

sharpe1027
05-11-2023, 06:53 AM
Burger flipping still takes a tons of good teamwork to prepare orders efficiently. Otherwise, the Karen’s are gonna cry.

It isn't just about you either.

texaspackerbacker
05-11-2023, 10:04 AM

hahahaha Careful. With talk like that, they might make you a manager, and then you'd have to stop whining about minimum wage.

Anti-Polar Bear
05-11-2023, 10:48 AM
hahahaha Careful. With talk like that, they might make you a manager, and then you'd have to stop whining about minimum wage.

They still refuse to promote me. At this point in space-time, I am just looking for an inspiration to quit while trying not to burn down the bridge. I mean, there’s a burger joint in every town. Much as I loath burger flipping, it’s better to keep the bridge intact in case one has to crawl back to the burger joint out of desperation.

I thought Butte’s departure would inspire me to quit. Alas, I remain timid and indecisive.

run pMc
05-11-2023, 12:04 PM
All I'll say is Rodges was one of the all-time greats for GB.
Owned the Bears, which was especially great.

He'll be in the ring as a PHOF and in Canton, first-ballot.

Beyond that, don't care as long as he's not a criminal.

Vincenzo
05-11-2023, 01:20 PM
So we are guaranteed a 1st rounder if AR does his 65% snaps with Jets.
What if he’s hurt week one at Jets vs Buffalo and is done for the season, what happens to our “guaranteed 1st rounder,” then????

SudsMcBucky
05-11-2023, 01:55 PM
So we are guaranteed a 1st rounder if AR does his 65% snaps with Jets.
What if he’s hurt week one at Jets vs Buffalo and is done for the season, what happens to our “guaranteed 1st rounder,” then????

Then it's a 2nd rounder.

run pMc
05-11-2023, 03:31 PM
Then it's a 2nd rounder.

Yep, and the argument about if we were better in 2023 with Rodgers vs. Love becomes pretty evident. You'd be starting Love with more draft capital and cap space.
I think it's highly likely Rodgers hits the 65% mark, but I also think he's likely to get there pretty banged up. I'd take GB's OL over NYJ's any day.
Aging players don't get more injury resistant, especially as they approach 40.

Sparkey
05-11-2023, 03:42 PM
Yep, and the argument about if we were better in 2023 with Rodgers vs. Love becomes pretty evident. You'd be starting Love with more draft capital and cap space.
I think it's highly likely Rodgers hits the 65% mark, but I also think he's likely to get there pretty banged up. I'd take GB's OL over NYJ's any day.

Not to mention all the games that will be played on turf. Only Miami has a grass field within their division.

Jets - 13 of 17 games on fake turf
Packers - 4 of 17 games on fake turf

MadScientist
05-11-2023, 05:18 PM
Jets start off with a national game. If Rodgers plays as bad in game 1 as he has the last two years, things might turn ugly in the big apple.

texaspackerbacker
05-11-2023, 06:36 PM

I think it's a strong bet he gets the 65% too. It would be funny if he missed a game or two and was close at the end of the season, and the Jets were out of the race, if they sat him to keep him under 65%. A second rounder is a fairly decent consolation anyway.

I think Rodgers has an excellent year for the Jets, same as he woulda had for the Packers. I don't think he gets pressure by the pass rush more than he did/woulda for the Packers - as I always said and people, of course, disagreed with, the Packer O Line is overrated BECAUSE of Rodgers. I also don't think the turf thing will do him much harm - QBs don't take off and run that much in most cases. They will have a decent record but not make it to the Super Bowl.

I expect Rodgers to finish his career with the Jets in maybe 3-5 years and go into the HOF as a Packer. just as Favre did.

Fritz
05-13-2023, 08:57 AM

The Packers should trade Bakhtiari to the Jest for next year's second, and as a condition of that trade, automatically bump up the Roders pick to a first rounder with no strings attached.

Then you'd have the Jest first- and second-rounders next year. Cool!

Or, to protect the pick for Rodgers as a likely first-rounder, you could also trade Bakh to the Jets for their 2025 second rounder.

run pMc
05-13-2023, 01:21 PM
Depending on the season, Bakhtiari's health and the depth behind him I could see a trade at the deadline somewhere. They've kicked so much of his contract down the road that a team that takes him would be on the hook for something like 2 years/ 22M. That's a steal if you are getting even 85% of pre-injury Bakhtiari. Quality LT's are expensive. I don't think Gute will actively shop him unless ol' Dave continues to go on shows like Bussin with the Boys and give interviews like that. With Njiman on a one year deal I don't think they'd give Bakh away, and they want to have a solid OL in JLove's first year starting.

Fritz
05-14-2023, 07:53 AM
Which means also they'll be looking to see how Rasheed Wallace is developing. If they think he's the answer at LT, they could wait to closer to the trade deadline, hope Bakh stays heatlhy, then ship him somewhere for a relatively high draft pick - could they get a third?

RashanGary
05-14-2023, 08:13 AM
Which means also they'll be looking to see how Rasheed Wallace is developing. If they think he's the answer at LT, they could wait to closer to the trade deadline, hope Bakh stays heatlhy, then ship him somewhere for a relatively high draft pick - could they get a third?

I thought Rasheed Wallace moved really well for a big, long guy. He has a shot. We haven’t had a 7th round steal in a long time. Don’t remember the last one.

Fritz
05-14-2023, 08:22 AM
Mark Tauscher?

RashanGary
05-14-2023, 03:01 PM
Mark Tauscher?

Tausch and driver

RashanGary
05-14-2023, 03:09 PM
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/gnb/draft.htm

Effective 7th round picks

First one goes back to 2011
Lawrence Guy 2011
CJ Wilson 2010
Brad Jones 2009
Matt Flynn 2008
Will Whittaker 2005
Scott Wells 2004
Mark Tauscher 2000
Donald Driver 1999

We haven’t had a good one in over 10 years.

RashanGary
05-14-2023, 03:58 PM
Almost 20 years since we’ve had a really good player from the 7th round.

Joemailman
05-14-2023, 05:38 PM
Almost 20 years since we’ve had a really good player from the 7th round.

Have some hope for Toure and Rasheed Walker, but the odds are against it.

smuggler
05-14-2023, 09:46 PM
Lawrence Guy definitely would've counted, but he did his best work with other teams.

Fritz
05-15-2023, 08:38 AM
I'm a Toure fan, so I'm rooting for him. And Walker looks like he's got the tools, so it's a matter of what's upstairs.

run pMc
05-15-2023, 12:07 PM
I don't think he gets pressure by the pass rush more than he did/woulda for the Packers - as I always said and people, of course, disagreed with, the Packer O Line is overrated BECAUSE of Rodgers.

The Jets tackles are Mekhi Becton, Duane Brown and Billy Turner.
Becton's 5th year option was declined and Saleh just told him if he wants to be a LT he has to earn it; not a ringing endorsement. He's been hurt a lot also.
Brown is 38, that's basically a corpse in NFL years
Turner is 31, better at RT, and coming off injury.

Their G's are ok (Tomlinson, and Vera-Tucker), their C is Connor McGovern, who is middle of the road. Rodgers used to be good against the blitz and pressure but in the last few years he's actually gotten bad at it. His mobility outside the pocket is nowhere was it used to be. Father Time winning and all that. The Jets gave up 10 more sacks than GB, it's hard to tell on some of that because they've had trash at QB. Yes, before you blame the OL, consider the current belief is that sacks are generally the QB's fault.

Go back and watch the beating Mike White took against Buffalo. Rodgers is very tough but a 40 year old body won't bounce back from that like White tried to.

texaspackerbacker
05-15-2023, 04:01 PM
"the current belief is that sacks are generally the QB's fault" - so all those years when Rodgers escaped from the pass rush and did so mostly without throwing picks, that was because of "the great Packer O Line", but the larger number of sacks and picks in the past injury-riddled season, that was on the QB, Rodgers? Uh. a big yeah right to that hahahahaha.

I'm expecting Rodgers to thrive (assuming good health) even at age 40, even with the supposedly mediocre Jets O Line. I expect him to carry the Jets to a lot better season than they've had in recent years, make that recent decades, but I don't expect them to win it all, probably not even their own division. Why? Because similar to the Bears, most of the rest of the team will still suck. I'll say maybe 11 or 12 regular season wins.

If Rodgers (assuming good health) was still the Packer QB, 13 or 14 wins would be the logical expectation because the team other than QB and DC is pretty much loaded. With Love, who knows? I could see anything from 5 or 6 wins to that same 13 or 14 depending on how he plays, My best guess at this point is he doesn't totally suck but he is basically mediocre, and the team wins 8 or 9 games. I reserve the right to change that prediction up or down, though, depending on how Love looks in the preseason.

run pMc
05-15-2023, 04:27 PM
I don't think you need to improve your grasp on QB play.

Rodgers was sacked 32 times last year. Guess how many times he was sacked in 2010? 31. How about 2021, his most recent MVP season? 30.
But go on and think he had a larger number of sacks last year.

As for injury-riddled season, what do you expect out of a soon to be 40 year old QB? The thing about football is the more you play the more likely you are to get injured, and the older you get the longer it takes to recover. So a hit Rodgers used to be slow to get up from will now take him out for the game.

Any sack that a QB takes after 2.5 seconds is his fault. That is actually a pretty widely accepted number.

Does anyone think the Jets have a better OL than Green Bay? I don't.
I doubt they would have signed Billy Turner if they liked the tackles they have.

texaspackerbacker
05-15-2023, 09:39 PM
Well, I'm not the one whining and blaming Rodgers for the bad season last year. I guess I'm guilty of not looking up the stats - just going by all the anti-Rodgers negativity I read in here. One would think he was absolutely horrible based on that.

I suppose Rodgers' poor old aged thumb just gave out due to age, and the same thing couldn't have happened to somebody 5 or 10 or 15 years younger. I don't recall exactly how the thumb got hurt, do you? And all the injuries to the receivers, that of course would never have happened with a younger QB hahahahaha. That old bogey, bad luck, bit Rodgers and the Packers in the ass last year big time.

I don't think the Jets have a better O Line. I also don't think they have a worse O Line. I also don't think it will make enough difference to get Rodgers injured or prevent him from having a good season.

sharpe1027
05-15-2023, 09:45 PM
Tex, those are some Texas sized strawman arguments. Nobody claimed younger QBs can't ever get injured. I don't recall anyone saying he was absolutely horrible, and if it happened, it was clearly the exception to the prevailing opinions here.

texaspackerbacker
05-16-2023, 06:06 AM
Claiming older QBs get injured more, that's not the same as claiming younger QBs get injured less? Maybe you should go back and check the gross negativity about Rodgers in general and last season in particular by so many in here.

sharpe1027
05-16-2023, 07:04 AM
You said "that of course would never happen with a younger QB," when the point being made was that older QBs tend to get hurt more often. Nobody said younger QBs would never get hurt.

You said people would think people would think Rodgers was horrible, when the most common position is Rodgers simply didn't play to the level of his contract.

Do you even read what you write?

SudsMcBucky
05-16-2023, 09:18 AM
Well, I'm not the one whining and blaming Rodgers for the bad season last year. I guess I'm guilty of not looking up the stats - just going by all the anti-Rodgers negativity I read in here. One would think he was absolutely horrible based on that.

I suppose Rodgers' poor old aged thumb just gave out due to age, and the same thing couldn't have happened to somebody 5 or 10 or 15 years younger. I don't recall exactly how the thumb got hurt, do you? And all the injuries to the receivers, that of course would never have happened with a younger QB hahahahaha. That old bogey, bad luck, bit Rodgers and the Packers in the ass last year big time.

I don't think the Jets have a better O Line. I also don't think they have a worse O Line. I also don't think it will make enough difference to get Rodgers injured or prevent him from having a good season.

He hit it on a defenders helmet when heaving a Hail Mary against the Gints.

jklowan
05-16-2023, 07:39 PM
Adams maybe not the biggest ARod fan

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/05/16/davante-adams-last-year-proved-i-dont-need-aaron-rodgers/

Joemailman
05-16-2023, 09:14 PM
Seems Rodgers missed Davante more than Davante missed Rodgers.

MadScientist
05-16-2023, 11:02 PM

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/05/16/davante-adams-last-year-proved-i-dont-need-aaron-rodgers/

He didn't really attack Rodgers, just those saying he was great because of Rodgers. Really we saw proof of that when Rodgers went down in 2017, and Adams was the only one putting up any kind of numbers with Hundley at QB.

run pMc
05-17-2023, 09:36 AM
I think you need to improve your grasp on QB play.
dang typo. fixed.

run pMc
05-17-2023, 09:38 AM
As for Davante, he did pretty good last year with the QBs and team they had. I'm not convinced McDaniels is a good HC. He's a good OC though.

I'm not surprised PFT took an Adams quote and spun it to get more clicks. What he's saying isn't wrong - he had a good year statistically, got voted Pro Bowl etc., and did it without Rodgers.
Not a shot at AR at all IMO, just pointing out that he's good on his own, not because of having a HOF QB.

MadtownPacker
05-17-2023, 07:51 PM
Dont worry about what Adams said. Love will prove it was rodgers holding the team back.

MadScientist
05-23-2023, 04:21 PM
Rodgers has found a way to skip the Jets OTA's without looking like he is skipping.
https://pro32.ap.org/post-gazette/article/aaron-rodgers-strains-calf-during-warmups-sits-out-first-jets-practice-open-media

Joemailman
05-23-2023, 09:01 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fw2bzqFakAAOdWc?format=jpg&name=medium

Bretsky
05-23-2023, 11:35 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fw2bzqFakAAOdWc?format=jpg&name=medium

HILARIOUS

The ONLY THING better than the entertainment of the Classic ONION is the work of the best reporter in the history of sports...aka....the LEGENDARY DOBBER...a,k.a.

BOB MCGINN

who by the way, is owed a MEA CULPA by several in here at the Rat Hourse

Fritz
05-24-2023, 08:09 AM
Rodgers has found a way to skip the Jets OTA's without looking like he is skipping.
https://pro32.ap.org/post-gazette/article/aaron-rodgers-strains-calf-during-warmups-sits-out-first-jets-practice-open-media

There is a quote from Rodgers in the article that suggests the injury is bullshit. Someone asked him how he strained his calf, which thus did not allow him to participate, and he said something like "I dunno. Running, I guess," with the classic Rodgers smirk.

Still trying to manipulate people's perceptions. "Yeah, I'm all in . . . but gee, I strained my calf and cannot actually participate!"

Though who knows why he wouldn't want to - it's not like they're having intense practices. Just slinging the ball around. So who knows.

Joemailman
05-24-2023, 06:22 PM
Miss the drama yet?

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/Ipy3rl6KvRA/maxresdefault.jpg

sharpe1027
05-24-2023, 10:59 PM
I hope the calf heals for 65% of game day snaps.

bobblehead
05-25-2023, 11:53 AM

Is that why he was publicly tweeting and begging him to come to the Raiders??

Fritz
05-31-2023, 08:37 AM
Is that why he was publicly tweeting and begging him to come to the Raiders??

Now it turns out that Rodgers really, really did want to pull the GM strings - article in "The Athletic" says Rodgers wanted Guter fired in 2021 - either fire Guter or trade Rodgers, is what the article says Rodgers wanted.

run pMc
05-31-2023, 10:38 AM
Would be very curious to hear GB's side. I'm sure the truth lies in the middle somewhere, but right now I don't miss the drama.

Joemailman
05-31-2023, 10:54 AM
Would be very curious to hear GB's side. I'm sure the truth lies in the middle somewhere, but right now I don't miss the drama.

I think both sides wanted out. but wanted to make it look like it was the other side's idea. I'm just glad it's over and we can move on.

texaspackerbacker
05-31-2023, 03:20 PM
Moving on = losing.

run pMc
05-31-2023, 04:44 PM
Read somewhere that Rodgers is the oldest player in the league.

Joemailman
05-31-2023, 05:48 PM
Moving on = losing.

Timid little shit.

red
05-31-2023, 09:17 PM
Moving on = losing.

2022 packers record (with rodgers) 8-9 = losing

Bretsky
05-31-2023, 09:29 PM
Moving on = losing.

FRIENDLY REMINDER

That Snarky Little Shitbag Prick was below .500 last year so we already had a losing record.

AND one might argue if he was more of a team player he'd have taken a couple weeks off instead of playing like shit, and come back full strength and we might have went on a playoff run.

But Karen will be Karen.

texaspackerbacker
05-31-2023, 11:53 PM
8-9 is about the high water mark, the best there is much chance of happening next year and beyond. For those that want to whine about 8-9 and blame Rodgers, I say take the average of the past three years as a more valid standard - 35 and 16 by my count, which averages to about 12-5. We'll be damn lucky if we see that kind of record in the next decade or more.

It's shamefully stupid the whining like ingrates about the GOAT player who gave us such a great run for so long. I, for one, am damn thankful.

Joemailman
06-01-2023, 10:54 AM
It's possible to appreciate what Rodgers did for the organization and still feel it was time to move on.

bobblehead
06-01-2023, 11:22 AM
It's possible to appreciate what Rodgers did for the organization and still feel it was time to move on.

This is where I sit. But humans are generally absolutists. He is either a pig fucking Karen, or god himself donning green and gold. There can be no in between.

texaspackerbacker
06-01-2023, 11:48 AM

I'd be all for that except for two things: 1. It's highly probable that "moving on" is gonna result in a lot of years that are significantly worse than the Rodgers years. And 2. Many (most?) of those who want to move on were irrationally against Rodgers well before the actual trade that moved him on.

The GOAT coach said, "Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing". Say what you want about the syntax or whatever of that, but it's all about prioritizing winning over silly shit, which so many of these whiny "move on" types can't seem to do.

What's possible is to at the same time, wish hard (not that wishing is gonna make it happen) for the Packers to win with Love, and also to think it was thoroughly STUPID and SHAMEFUL to have wanted Rodgers (and winning) gone.

MadScientist
06-01-2023, 12:41 PM
If you, rightly, consider winning the only thing, then all decisions have to be made with the Superbowl in mind. How likely are the Packers, with this roster, likely to win it all. If you are honest, it's not at all likely this year. The receivers are too green. Plus the massive contract they gave Rodgers would limit who they could keep. Meaning they would not win it all next year or the years after that. Moving on from Rodgers likely means fewer wins this year, but a better chance of going all the way by 2025. That is the calculus, based on 'winning is the only thing' that said it was time to move on.

smuggler
06-01-2023, 05:48 PM
Rodgers wanted to move on more than we did. It takes two to tango, and the dance was over.

sharpe1027
06-01-2023, 06:23 PM
I'd be all for that except for two things: 1. It's highly probable that "moving on" is gonna result in a lot of years that are significantly worse than the Rodgers years. And 2. Many (most?) of those who want to move on were irrationally against Rodgers well before the actual trade that moved him on.

The GOAT coach said, "Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing". Say what you want about the syntax or whatever of that, but it's all about prioritizing winning over silly shit, which so many of these whiny "move on" types can't seem to do.

What's possible is to at the same time, wish hard (not that wishing is gonna make it happen) for the Packers to win with Love, and also to think it was thoroughly STUPID and SHAMEFUL to have wanted Rodgers (and winning) gone.

Tex, you whine more than anyone. You whine about people that doesn't agree with you and more generally about Rodgers leaving. Rodgers is a Jet. Stop whining about him.

Joemailman
06-01-2023, 06:25 PM
Rodgers wanted to move on more than we did. It takes two to tango, and the dance was over.

I think he would have stayed as long as he had some control over who else stayed. I think he came to realize he wasn't going to have that control.

sharpe1027
06-01-2023, 06:30 PM
I think he would have stayed as long as he had some control over who else stayed. I think he came to realize he wasn't going to have that control.

Possible. Hard to be sure. He sure wanted certain people back, but would that have been enough?

texaspackerbacker
06-02-2023, 01:27 AM
If you, rightly, consider winning the only thing, then all decisions have to be made with the Superbowl in mind. How likely are the Packers, with this roster, likely to win it all. If you are honest, it's not at all likely this year. The receivers are too green. Plus the massive contract they gave Rodgers would limit who they could keep. Meaning they would not win it all next year or the years after that. Moving on from Rodgers likely means fewer wins this year, but a better chance of going all the way by 2025. That is the calculus, based on 'winning is the only thing' that said it was time to move on.

All depends on your point. I've been happier than probably anybody in here with the huge winning regular season records. Ol' Vince didn't exactly specify winning what hahahaha.

The piss ants in here (sharpe, that means you) whining and posting stupidity, doing their damnedest to get rid of Rodgers often are the same fools posting that anything short of a Super Bowl is shit. Good Luck with that. Maybe we might have a sniff of a Super Bowl in a decade or two. Don't get me wrong, we actually do have a fairly respectable - make that excellent - overall roster. That plus Rodgers woulda put the Packers on a very short list of Super Bowl contenders, But no more. The shitheads got their wish, and now we all pay the price for the foreseeable future.

sharpe1027
06-02-2023, 06:50 AM
All depends on your point. I've been happier than probably anybody in here with the huge winning regular season records. Ol' Vince didn't exactly specify winning what hahahaha.

The piss ants in here (sharpe, that means you) whining and posting stupidity, doing their damnedest to get rid of Rodgers often are the same fools posting that anything short of a Super Bowl is shit. Good Luck with that. Maybe we might have a sniff of a Super Bowl in a decade or two. Don't get me wrong, we actually do have a fairly respectable - make that excellent - overall roster. That plus Rodgers woulda put the Packers on a very short list of Super Bowl contenders, But no more. The shitheads got their wish, and now we all pay the price for the foreseeable future.

I didn't whine and lobby that they should get rid of Rodgers. Just because I challenge your extreme positions and call you out for calling anyone that disagrees with you petty names, doesn't mean you get to make shit up.

run pMc
06-02-2023, 07:44 AM
Rodgers is gone, and the Packers are doomed. Got it.

Rodgers is a HOFer and one of the greatest to play for Green Bay, and he gave us a lot of great memories.
It was time to move on. There was too much drama and animosity between him and the front office, and his weird rants and off the field stuff wore thin for a lot of people. (Also, that contract.) It can be both things.

texaspackerbacker
06-02-2023, 02:56 PM
Mostly right, run pMc. It's a "probably" at this point, but probably we in fact are doomed to much worse seasons. And yes, there's no choice now but to move on and hope for the best. The shitheads I have a problem with, though, are the ones who were calling for that "moving on" before the trade actually happened. And all that negative shit you ascribe to Rodgers was for the most part conjured up or at least blown all out of proportion by media pukes and dutifully swallowed by some dumbasses in here.

And I say again, the contract was good, make that glorious, as it woulda/shoulda kept Rodgers in Green Bay for several or more additional years that would have almost certainly been much better than what we are doomed to now.

Bretsky
06-02-2023, 06:41 PM
Rodgers no longer bought in. He wanted Gutebag fired two years ago and GB made the mistake of allowing Rodgers to bend them over in the contract instead of just trading him then.

I appreciated what Rodgers did for GB.

But he turned Karen and it was time to let Karen move on

MadScientist
06-03-2023, 03:05 AM

Well, I have fonder memories of a 10-6 season that ended in a Superbowl victory than the 15-1 season that followed, with the quick exit in the playoffs.

There's talent on this roster, but some critical weaknesses. Three receivers were rookies last year and the others rookies this year. The only two TE's with any talent are rookies. In another year or so this could be a very good group, but right now they iwll likely be inconsistent. Offensive line play wasn't that great last year, with the right side being a particular concern. And of course can this DC take all these first round picks for the defense and produce a decent result? Regardless of who is the QB, this roster is a year or two away.

Fritz
06-03-2023, 09:14 AM

I agree with this, Joe. I do think Guter caved to Rodgers last year, maybe to keep his job, given that it seems Rodgers or Rodgers's rep called Mark Murphy to let him know Rodgers wanted Guter fired in 2021. But then last season happened, and Guter saw that the team's "run it back" hadn't gone very far, so he wrested control back from Rodgers, or was going to, and when he tried to reach out to Rodgers to let him know, well, Guter had to know that would not go over well. Thus the subsequent the split and the he-said-she-said stuff.

But I disagree with you in your comments about "moving on." Moving on? This whole thread is dedicated to not moving on! We need to speculate all next season about whether Rodgers is really making the Jets better, and if he would've rebounded had he stayed, and who is current girlfriend is, and how many eye-rolls he pulls in a given game, then we'll have to compare that to the average number of eye-rolls in Rodgers's last season in Green Bay. So much not-moving-on to do!

texaspackerbacker
06-03-2023, 12:37 PM
Well, I have fonder memories of a 10-6 season that ended in a Superbowl victory than the 15-1 season that followed, with the quick exit in the playoffs.

There's talent on this roster, but some critical weaknesses. Three receivers were rookies last year and the others rookies this year. The only two TE's with any talent are rookies. In another year or so this could be a very good group, but right now they iwll likely be inconsistent. Offensive line play wasn't that great last year, with the right side being a particular concern. And of course can this DC take all these first round picks for the defense and produce a decent result? Regardless of who is the QB, this roster is a year or two away.

I disagree with most of that. IMO, other than QB, this roster is loaded up with more talent than pretty much anytime in the past several decades - and obviously those have been pretty good decades. Yeah, our receivers are young, but that position is not one where years of experience makes that much difference. RB we're excellent. The whole D, as Fritz said, is saturated with first rounders (the only D negative ain't part of the roster - Barry). What else? the O Line? I'm on record saying that O Line doesn't make much difference anyway hahahaha. Regardless, though, even the O Line seems to be fairly decent nowadays too. I don't see any real weakness except QB - unless lightning strikes a third time, and Love is super. If Rodgers was still the Packers QB, I (and probably most Packer fans outside of a few loons in this forum) would be extremely confident of a super season.

And as for the 10-6 Super Bowl year versus 15-1 and not, I'm about 50/50 on that. What comes to mind was the depressing series of games before the great run all the way to the SB - a lot of bad feeling, 6 to be exact, versus just two bad feeling days in the 15-1 season. All this "move on" talk in here ...... I'd argue that only having to move on 2 times in a season is better than needing to move on 6 times.

sharpe1027
06-03-2023, 02:09 PM
IMO, a team that loaded doesn't miss the playoffs with a HOF, GOAT candidate, QB, injured thumb or not. Far worse QBs made the playoffs.

run pMc
06-03-2023, 07:18 PM
I agree with this, Joe. I do think Guter caved to Rodgers last year, maybe to keep his job, given that it seems Rodgers or Rodgers's rep called Mark Murphy to let him know Rodgers wanted Guter fired in 2021. But then last season happened, and Guter saw that the team's "run it back" hadn't gone very far, so he wrested control back from Rodgers, or was going to, and when he tried to reach out to Rodgers to let him know, well, Guter had to know that would not go over well. Thus the subsequent the split and the he-said-she-said stuff.

But I disagree with you in your comments about "moving on." Moving on? This whole thread is dedicated to not moving on! We need to speculate all next season about whether Rodgers is really making the Jets better, and if he would've rebounded had he stayed, and who is current girlfriend is, and how many eye-rolls he pulls in a given game, then we'll have to compare that to the average number of eye-rolls in Rodgers's last season in Green Bay. So much not-moving-on to do!

Even if Love doesn't pan out, the widely held belief is that the pick goaded Rodgers into playing better and winning two MVPs. That in itself makes it a good draft pick.
It would have been unprecedented to trade a back to back MVP, so I understand why they tried to run it back one more year. I also don't blame Rodgers or Dunn (his agent) for trying to get as much money as possible. The team was dumb to give it to him, at least in the way they did with a 59.3M payout that would have crippled their already stretched cap. When Rodgers flopped this past year, he lost his leverage. Despite what they said publicly, you could tell there was at least something going on, and the animosity is real. It's Gute's job to decide who to draft or sign; Rodgers shouldn't be doing that. There's all the weird airing of laundry on McAfee, telling his (often untruthful) side of a story, the ayahuasca, the COVID immunizied stuff, the retirement talk, all the other stuff just added up. Eventually a straw breaking the camel's back etc.

Rodgers will make the Jets a better team, simply by him swapping in and Zach Wilson riding the pine. I question whether they are better than MIA or BUF, however, and they have a tough road in the AFC in general. Nobody is going to sleep on them this year with Rodgers at QB. One other thing: Rodgers is not the QB he was 3 years ago, he's in physical decline and unless he fixes some bad habits that reappeared last year he's going to be seen on camera close-ups rolling his eyes and swearing to himself. At this point I'd take Josh Allen over Rodgers, but Rodgers over Tua or Mac Jones in the AFCE. Remember: Rodgers has now flopped against TB in the NFCCG (3 4Q possessions, 3 pts), the SF playoff game the next year(ignoring everyone except Adams), and when it mattered against DET in the final week last season. His best games are well behind him, and Ron Wolf would tell you that's a sign to move on.

As mentioned before, he's done some great things and I have some very happy memories (owning the Bears for example) but it was definitely time to move on.

texaspackerbacker
06-03-2023, 07:22 PM
That just illustrates the importance of a healthy Rodgers at QB. (this was response to sharpe's above.)

texaspackerbacker
06-03-2023, 07:33 PM
Even if Love doesn't pan out, the widely held belief is that the pick goaded Rodgers into playing better and winning two MVPs. That in itself makes it a good draft pick.
It would have been unprecedented to trade a back to back MVP, so I understand why they tried to run it back one more year. I also don't blame Rodgers or Dunn (his agent) for trying to get as much money as possible. The team was dumb to give it to him, at least in the way they did with a 59.3M payout that would have crippled their already stretched cap. When Rodgers flopped this past year, he lost his leverage. Despite what they said publicly, you could tell there was at least something going on, and the animosity is real. It's Gute's job to decide who to draft or sign; Rodgers shouldn't be doing that. There's all the weird airing of laundry on McAfee, telling his (often untruthful) side of a story, the ayahuasca, the COVID immunizied stuff, the retirement talk, all the other stuff just added up. Eventually a straw breaking the camel's back etc.

Rodgers will make the Jets a better team, simply by him swapping in and Zach Wilson riding the pine. I question whether they are better than MIA or BUF, however, and they have a tough road in the AFC in general. Nobody is going to sleep on them this year with Rodgers at QB. One other thing: Rodgers is not the QB he was 3 years ago, he's in physical decline and unless he fixes some bad habits that reappeared last year he's going to be seen on camera close-ups rolling his eyes and swearing to himself. At this point I'd take Josh Allen over Rodgers, but Rodgers over Tua or Mac Jones in the AFCE. Remember: Rodgers has now flopped against TB in the NFCCG (3 4Q possessions, 3 pts), the SF playoff game the next year(ignoring everyone except Adams), and when it mattered against DET in the final week last season. His best games are well behind him, and Ron Wolf would tell you that's a sign to move on.

As mentioned before, he's done some great things and I have some very happy memories (owning the Bears for example) but it was definitely time to move on.

Mostly, yes. As I've said many many times, if Rodgers had continued on the same track, another MVP season or close to it last year, which he very very likely would have without the injury, then that contract - that I call a glorious contract - would have been acknowledged by everybody (well, maybe not a few dumbasses in here hahahaha) - as a stroke of genius and wonderfulness for keeping Rodgers in Green Bay for at least several more seasons that almost certainly would have been excellent, unless he got injured again. But no, last season turned to shit, and the idiots and imbeciles wanting Rodgers gone for their own stupid reasons got their way. And now, we all will suffer for who knows how long - probably. I say probably, because there is actually a slim slim thread of hope that Love is gonna be the "third coming", and everything will be all right. Generally, nobody is a bigger optimist in here than me, but I just can't get too optimistic in this case - hopeful, yes, but optimistic, no.

sharpe1027
06-04-2023, 05:07 AM
That just illustrates the importance of a healthy Rodgers at QB. (this was response to sharpe's above.)

So it was Rodgers' fault we didn't make the playoffs? Bullshit. What a shithead.

SudsMcBucky
06-05-2023, 09:49 AM
And as for the 10-6 Super Bowl year versus 15-1 and not, I'm about 50/50 on that. What comes to mind was the depressing series of games before the great run all the way to the SB - a lot of bad feeling, 6 to be exact, versus just two bad feeling days in the 15-1 season. All this "move on" talk in here ...... I'd argue that only having to move on 2 times in a season is better than needing to move on 6 times.

Oh, Tex. I mean I like most of your posting, but c'mon. You're really going to tell me your 50/50 on which season you'd prefer? That 1 loss in the 15 win season was WAY more painful than the 6 losses during the SB season. AND, the NFC title win and SB win were WAY more enjoyable than ANY of those cumulative 15 wins.

run pMc
06-05-2023, 11:06 AM
That 2010 team was stealthy good too - they lost two back to back OT games (WAS and MIA) and graded out elite on more advanced metrics. Injuries and some bad luck derailed them mid-season, but then there was something of a regression (to where they should have been) or uptick in their fortunes. I doubt any NYG fan cares they were a WC team when they went 9-7 in 2011, what they remember is they beat up the 15-1 packers and went on to beat NE in the Super Bowl.

The Super Bowl is the goal for every team, winning regular season games is nice and is the path to the playoffs. I'd take 10-6 and a ring over 15-1 and an ugly 37-20 playoff loss to a 6 seed any year.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2xUEy-vXtU

Fritz
06-08-2023, 06:59 AM
There is already a story out there about how Rodgers is interrupting coaches at meetings, quizzing players on the field, and all that. The article both suggested that it could be really annoying - rude, actually, with the interrupting - and that it could be seen as how damn invested in the team he really is.

Fun! Shit-stirring!

Anti-Polar Bear
06-08-2023, 09:59 AM
There is already a story out there about how Rodgers is interrupting coaches at meetings, quizzing players on the field, and all that. The article both suggested that it could be really annoying - rude, actually, with the interrupting - and that it could be seen as how damn invested in the team he really is.

Fun! Shit-stirring!

Success tends to drown people in self-entitlement. And self-entitlement, in turn, makes people cocky/arrogant. Butte ain’t an exception.

Ask Tony ODay what he does for a living and how much he makes annually…(See Musings of a Polar Bear thread in FYI for more.)

run pMc
06-08-2023, 12:23 PM

Fun! Shit-stirring!

You mean this article?
https://www.espn.com/blog/new-york-jets/post/_/id/92029/aaron-rodgers-takes-control-of-jets-offense-which-means-pop-quizzes

Some interesting comments and a few little digs in there from Rodgers. What I'm most curious about is why Rodgers thinks motion would make it harder to read a defense?
There must be a reason I'm forgetting, because I'd think motion would help reveal the coverage and help the offense dictate to the defense.

MadScientist
06-08-2023, 11:50 PM
You mean this article?
https://www.espn.com/blog/new-york-jets/post/_/id/92029/aaron-rodgers-takes-control-of-jets-offense-which-means-pop-quizzes

Some interesting comments and a few little digs in there from Rodgers. What I'm most curious about is why Rodgers thinks motion would make it harder to read a defense?
There must be a reason I'm forgetting, because I'd think motion would help reveal the coverage and help the offense dictate to the defense.

So the guy who added audibles and 5287 Hans signals to MLF's offense complained that the offense needed to be simplified? :crazy:

NewsBruin
06-09-2023, 12:02 AM
I read the "Fairweather Fluff" ESPN bog article above, and it didn't say that motion made it easier for Rodgers to read the defense; it just said that it's easier for him to run plays before the defense gets set or freeze them until the last second on the play clock.

If LaFleur's offense has motion from one side of the QB to the other, especially for sweeps or sweep play action, then you only have a certain window when you can snap the ball -- and really a small window for the QB to read the defensive key. If it's the motion that I'm used to from the 90s and 2000s, where a big receiver or back just kinda plods around from the O-line to the far hashmark and re-sets somewhere to move a safety, then that doesn't demand the same kind of precision timing that modern offense does.

" It needs to be a free-flowing conversation between the coaches and the players." - I'm sure that's exactly how Aaron will feel when Zonovan Knight interrupts him to ask why he can't get better touch on block-and-release screen passes when there's a red dog blitz.

Separately, how often did Aaron's cadences actually draw players offside? I know the announcers made a big deal of him and Brett's snap counts, but I don't remember as many free plays or new first downs as they talked it up. It seems like the fear of an offside penalty makes defense less likely to time the snap and more likely to react, which isn't a bad thing either..

sharpe1027
06-09-2023, 12:55 AM
If your decisions on offensive strategy are premised on how many more times you can draw the other team offsides, you're focusing on the wrong thing.

MadScientist
06-09-2023, 03:07 AM
Separately, how often did Aaron's cadences actually draw players offside? I know the announcers made a big deal of him and Brett's snap counts, but I don't remember as many free plays or new first downs as they talked it up. It seems like the fear of an offside penalty makes defense less likely to time the snap and more likely to react, which isn't a bad thing either..

In 2014 he was getting one a game with the hard count. Defenses prepare better for him now and it only works once or twice a season.

run pMc
06-09-2023, 11:28 AM
In 2014 he was getting one a game with the hard count. Defenses prepare better for him now and it only works once or twice a season.

Yeah I think teams were better prepared for his hard count.
Thing was, he ran the clock down to 0 all the time - GB had one of the slowest-paced offenses in the league - so I'm not sure it really would have worked all that well anymore anyway. If you're just lining up with 10 on the clock and getting everyone set, calling protections, etc., you're probably not snapping the ball THAT early. I'm actually surprised DL don't take off when the clock turns 0, whether the ball was snapped or not - it should be a delay penalty.

sharpe1027
06-09-2023, 02:04 PM
Yeah I think teams were better prepared for his hard count.
Thing was, he ran the clock down to 0 all the time - GB had one of the slowest-paced offenses in the league - so I'm not sure it really would have worked all that well anymore anyway. If you're just lining up with 10 on the clock and getting everyone set, calling protections, etc., you're probably not snapping the ball THAT early. I'm actually surprised DL don't take off when the clock turns 0, whether the ball was snapped or not - it should be a delay penalty.

Pretty sure the DL was aware when the clock got near zero.

Fritz
06-14-2023, 08:46 AM
I would agree that for a while, Rodgers seemed to get lots of offsides calls - he'd get about one a game, and take a shot. But the last year or three, it didn't seem to work so well.

He also seemed to use the same trick - the same rhythm, or lack there of - every time. I was always surprised he didn't switch it up.

texaspackerbacker
06-14-2023, 11:20 AM
There's been a couple of rule changes, as I recall, too: blowing the whistle quicker on offsides and alowing the D to make changes if the offense substitutes as well as giving that offical in the O backfield time to get out of the way.

Joemailman
06-16-2023, 08:49 AM
Craig Carton of FS1, who previously reported that the Green Bay Packers had conversations with the San Francisco 49ers about quarterback Aaron Rodgers, stated Thursday on The Carton Show that the New England Patriots also made a trade offer for the former Packers quarterback.

The New England Patriots made an offer to the Green Bay Packers to get Aaron Rodgers. When Aaron Rodgers heard it, his agent said, “No. We ain’t playing for New England. We want to be a Jet.”

If true, Rodgers may have figured Patriots weren't going to let Rodgers call personnel shots like the Jets were. However, if word had gotten out that the Packers were negotiating with the Patriots, it may have given the Packers some leverage with their talks with the Jets.

Sparkey
06-16-2023, 02:13 PM
If true, Rodgers may have figured Patriots weren't going to let Rodgers call personnel shots like the Jets were. However, if word had gotten out that the Packers were negotiating with the Patriots, it may have given the Packers some leverage with their talks with the Jets.

It wouldn't surprise if we were to hear that the Pats leaked the whole "Rodgers interest" just to get the Jets to cough up more draft picks.

run pMc
06-16-2023, 04:05 PM
According to Carton, all this happened before Bill O’Brien, the former head coach of the Houston Texans and most recently the offensive coordinator of the Alabama Crimson Tide, was named the Patriots’ new offensive coordinator. Carton also claims that Rodgers’ camp stated that the quarterback would retire if he were traded to the Patriots.

Bill O'Brien was hired in late January, by the way.
I'm sure the NY media will pick up on this and get Rodgers' take on it all, complete with revisionist comments.

As for BO'B, I'd probably rather play for Saleh and Hackett too. LOL
The inevitable comparisons to Brady likely made it a non-starter for AR (even if Brady's NE teams were largely better).

Personally, I don't make a lot out of it, aside from the reported timing of the trade inquiry. SF inquired about Rodgers too, as I'm sure many teams did, however casually. Anytime a marquee level QB is likely to be traded a team would be negligent to at least determine the asking price.

Bretsky
06-16-2023, 04:59 PM
Rodger also trolling GB a get via I think media sending a msg to our rookie QB asking him how he likes AROD's old locker. And all thise stuff about how this is the most fun playing football he's had in a long long time; what a shitbag.

On the other hand the Flower in drill work last week in a QB/WR Drill say the WR's running the wrong route and came running out yelling at the WR coaches telling them they have to be better. The media dropped their jaws. With Karen gone does the Flower take leadership of his team ?

run pMc
06-17-2023, 11:13 AM
Also thought it was funny how MLF said the team was in better shape conditioning wise this year, wonder if that was a shot at some ex-players who were not taking off season seriously last year.

bobblehead
06-17-2023, 02:12 PM
It wouldn't surprise if we were to hear that the Pats leaked the whole "Rodgers interest" just to get the Jets to cough up more draft picks.

Doubtful. These teams all have "spies" in other teams infrastructure so they have an idea whats going on. Thats why I scoff at theories like "the packers wasted the trade up cuz Van Ness would have been there at 14". Bellicheck wanted Van Ness and Gutes knew it. We, as fans, have a lot of theories that simply are grounded in our own fantasy of what we would be doing in their positions.

bobblehead
06-17-2023, 02:16 PM
Also thought it was funny how MLF said the team was in better shape conditioning wise this year, wonder if that was a shot at some ex-players who were not taking off season seriously last year.

A shot. A message to future players and young guys about what he expects going forward. Which is more likely. I think LaFleur is human, so I don't discount a shot, but I also think he is a professional and isn't living in the past worrying about trolling Rodgers or past players. Guys who are worrying more about proving they were right in the past usually fail the future. I hope thats not what LaFleur is doing.

red
06-17-2023, 08:50 PM
think the fella that doesn't think he needs offseason work had anything to do with the jets cancelling mandatory minicamp?

if they held the camp and he didn't show because "he didn't need it", it would have been a media shitstorm in new york

bobblehead
06-18-2023, 01:20 PM
think the fella that doesn't think he needs offseason work had anything to do with the jets cancelling mandatory minicamp?

if they held the camp and he didn't show because "he didn't need it", it would have been a media shitstorm in new york

Possibly. What was the "official" reason? I would think the smoke rolling in from the north would make for a reasonable excuse.

MadScientist
06-18-2023, 03:10 PM
Possibly. What was the "official" reason? I would think the smoke rolling in from the north would make for a reasonable excuse.

The official reason is that since the Jets have the HOF game, they start camp a week earlier, so the minicamp was not needed.

run pMc
06-19-2023, 08:19 AM
The HOF game serves as a good enough reason.

Besides, when you can't be bothered to show up for mandatory minicamp, the "I'm All-In" stuff and 'leadership' can get questioned by others on the team, especially those who are fighting to make the squad.
Can't have the NY Post posting stories quoting anonymous sources about such things.

NewsBruin
06-22-2023, 03:32 PM
“You know, words are so interesting,” Rodgers said according to Pro Football Talk (https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/06/21/aaron-rodgers-advocates-for-legalization-of-psychedelics/). “They have such power in their spells. There’s a reason it’s called ‘spelling,’ because the way that the letters are put together have such power.”

Bretsky
06-22-2023, 07:24 PM
“You know, words are so interesting,” Rodgers said according to Pro Football Talk (https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/06/21/aaron-rodgers-advocates-for-legalization-of-psychedelics/). “They have such power in their spells. There’s a reason it’s called ‘spelling,’ because the way that the letters are put together have such power.”

such a shitbag

run pMc
06-23-2023, 08:09 AM
https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/culture-features/aaron-rodgers-anti-vax-psychedelics-conference-1234776207/

call_me_ishmael
06-27-2023, 01:58 PM
I don't think he does a good job of articulating the benefits but there is a lot of recent studies and data and that that suggests he's right about the benefits of psychedellics in therapeutic ways.

Harlan Huckleby
06-29-2023, 10:46 AM
Rodger also trolling GB a get via I think media sending a msg to our rookie QB asking him how he likes AROD's old locker.

I didn't hear this but honestly it sound like the AROD I used to like.

Fritz
06-30-2023, 01:35 PM

Doesn't sound like he was trying to be a douche; sounds like he wanted everyone to know he's the cool guy who can still connect with other, younger players.

The truth is or seems to be that Arod needs to feel pissed off, that ol' chip-on-the-shoulder, that "the world disrespects me" feeling in order to perform at his best. And he didn't have that in Green Bay any more. He'd signed a new contract, became assistant GM.

Now, if the Packers had hired some crackerjack PR firm to conjure up some outside entity that they could convince Rodgers disrepsected and hated and underestimated him, he might still be a Packer and playing at a high level. Maybe. But instead they decided the assistant GM role wasn't working out, so they took that away. Once they did that, all Rodgers had to do was decide that meant they were no longer respecting him and probably didn't want him any more, and ta-da! Chip on his shoulder, though it could only really work if he was traded to another team, if only to confirm his suspicions that he was no longer respected and wanted by Guter and the top brass.

And by the way, they were right, the team: that assistant GM role did not work out. They tried it, tried Rodgers's "run it back" approach with all the vets he wanted, but then there was no chip for Rodgers to use for motivation, and, well, we know how the season turned out. Even before he broke his thumb, if you were watching that team you knew they were a pretty shaky bunch.

Harlan Huckleby
06-30-2023, 02:57 PM
became assistant GM

A future HOFer shouldn't be anybody's assistant. There's the problem.

I thought Rodger's wisecrack was funny. But he became a pain in the ass the last 3 years, I see very few ppl unhappy about his exit.

MadtownPacker
07-04-2023, 07:56 PM

Damn a few weeks break and the worst of the worst returns!

Bretsky
07-04-2023, 11:03 PM
Damn a few weeks break and the worst of the worst returns!

YO

HAPPY 4th !!!!

Bretsky
07-04-2023, 11:09 PM
[QUOTE=Bretsky;1136606]YO

How do we start recruiting hot chicks ? Do we need to find some gals on onlyfans ? lol Is Mazzin still around ? Favrechild was feisty. Guessing she was hot

MadtownPacker
07-05-2023, 12:56 AM
[QUOTE=Bretsky;1136606]YO

How do we start recruiting hot chicks ? Do we need to find some gals on onlyfans ? lol Is Mazzin still around ? Favrechild was feisty. Guessing she was hot Man you are so wasted you think it’s 20 years ago! :lol: Probably not even because it’s Fourth of July just another Wisconsin Tuesday night.

Fritz
07-05-2023, 12:02 PM
[QUOTE=Bretsky;1136608] Man you are so wasted you think it’s 20 years ago! :lol: Probably not even because it’s Fourth of July just another Wisconsin Tuesday night.

Given what seems the average age at Packerrats, this is probably the best we can hope for, as far as women joining Packerrats:

NSF link https://img.huffingtonpost.com/asset/576832642200002d00f81f4b.jpeg?ops=scalefit_960_nou pscale&format=webp

SudsMcBucky
07-05-2023, 12:48 PM
:whaa::whaa:

Harlan Huckleby
07-08-2023, 07:08 PM
[QUOTE=MadtownPacker;1136610]

Given what seems the average age at Packerrats, this is probably the best we can hope for, as far as women joining Packerrats:

NSF link https://img.huffingtonpost.com/asset/576832642200002d00f81f4b.jpeg?ops=scalefit_960_nou pscale&format=webp

I'm not crazy about the dick but otherwise doable

Fritz
07-28-2023, 02:40 PM

So Rodgers takes a pretty big pay cut, after milking the Packers for all he could. That's a passive-aggressive middle finger if ever there was one.

Here's an analogy, and if you are female or gay or bisexual or anything else, please know there are equivalents, of course:

You have had this girlfriend for a long time. Hottest chick around, bar none or maybe only one. But as time goes on, she becomes more and more high maintenance, and you realize one day that she hasn't given you head in a long, long time. And she's telling you who your friends should be. You go along with that for a couple years, though you're flirting with a younger woman - not sure if she's even as close to as good in bed as your girl, but again, your girl is becoming more and more reluctant to do all the dirty things she used to do.

Finally, you tell her she's not going to determine who your friends are any more, and so you break up. Although she seemed at times like she wasn't really into you any more, she's hurt and disappointed but in her passive aggressiveness, she starts spreading word on the street that it was you who was really at fault. Soon enough, she's dating a guy across town, and you're dating the girl with whom you've been flirting. But then your now-ex-girlfriend's new guy is letting the world know that she's fucking like a dirty girl and she can't get his dick in her mouth fast enough or often enough. Hell, she's even swallowing. She's also working out again and looks like she's in damn good shape. You're not sure how your new girl is going to work out, but you also know your ex is doing all that just to get back at you, because she felt slighted.

You can either get all hung up on the controlling old girlfriend, or you can teach your new girl how to swallow and hope she's got some natural talent to go along with it.

texaspackerbacker
07-28-2023, 02:53 PM
Excellent Football 101 lecture explained in human terms hahahahaha.

Bretsky
07-29-2023, 08:57 AM
NFL EXEC DISCUSSES SHITBAG

“I like that Aaron (Rodgers) is helping out the Jets, but let’s not forget about this guy. He’s the same guy who held Green Bay hostage for years and then complained openly like a child about not having enough help. He’s also the guy who played more like a backup quarterback in big playoff moments. If I’m the Packers, this is even more proof that trading Rodgers is a good riddance.”

Aaron Rodgers could have done something similar with the Packers so that they could reload and put a more competitive roster around him. Instead, he held out for every last penny and it ended up costing the team dearly. Adams was traded to the Las Vegas Raiders during the 2022 offseason in large part because the team couldn’t afford him.

The divorce between the Packers and Aaron Rodgers coming when it did was probably best for both sides. As the old saying goes, all good things must come to an end eventually. He is very happy to be with the Jets and the Packers are excited about beginning the Jordan Love era in Green Bay.

Fritz
07-29-2023, 10:46 AM
Excellent Football 101 lecture explained in human terms hahahahaha.

You know you can always count on me for incisive, insightful, thoughtful football analysis.

bobblehead
07-29-2023, 12:38 PM
I mean, isn't this just the human way? Fritz put it in terms many of us can relate to, but the story can be adjusted to damn near anything.

I had this employee as a personal assistant. He took out the trash, did the yardwork, housework and managed my schedule. Over the course of 5 years he asked for and received several pay raises. I gave him a lot of freedom making hours and leaving town when he wanted to. Slowly he did less, and did it less impressively. I tried to course correct, but always excuses. Eventually I fired him and hired the hot young girl who was awesome...for about 5 years. When he left he went to work as the "gopher" for a real estate firm. He was the model employee and they couldn't believe I fired him.....for about 5 years.

I could tell this story about the man who cooked and cleaned in the beginning then got fat and lazy. The football player that shunned all off season work after years of being super team oriented (2x so far we can tell that story). I could tell that story about the politician who placed integrity above all....for about 5 years. I could tell that story about most people in most walks of life and its largely the same.

Rodgers is human. This is hardly news to me.

Fritz
07-30-2023, 11:10 AM
But it's a lot more fun to read about it when it's a porn story.

run pMc
07-31-2023, 07:46 AM
Is it possible that a rework was inevitable, and part of the trade discussions?

Rodgers has made comments about how much fun he's having, blah blah blah, but that's the honeymoon phase (and also likely his subtle dig at GB's FO).
Either way, it's more proof that it was time for both sides to move on.

bobblehead
07-31-2023, 11:16 AM
But it's a lot more fun to read about it when it's a porn story.

Thats fair, but your penthouse forum skills are lacking....well, in this format at least.

Fritz
08-09-2023, 09:06 AM
It looks like Rodgers is saying and doing all the right things, and the Jets are cooperating by bringing in the guys he likes, and keeping more vets over rooks (I think they cut a young ILB and signed a vet for that spot).

Upnorth
08-09-2023, 11:07 AM
It looks like Rodgers is saying and doing all the right things, and the Jets are cooperating by bringing in the guys he likes, and keeping more vets over rooks (I think they cut a young ILB and signed a vet for that spot).

I love how he is improving our draft pick slot. Every move GM Rodgers makes is one step closer to getting the #1 pick. Hope he keeps up the bad work!

NewsBruin
08-09-2023, 11:16 AM
But Aaron also needs to take time out for himself to remain healthy and available. It's a long season, and the only way to know for sure that you did the right thing with no regrets is to play every snap possible.

MadtownPacker
08-09-2023, 09:05 PM
But it's a lot more fun to read about it when it's a porn story.It was truly a best of times then worst of times kinda post. Even though the standard is low it’s one of your best!

MadtownPacker
08-09-2023, 09:09 PM
10 minutes into the Hard Knocks episode and the rodgers glorification is already way strong in the jets. I have never watched any season so maybe it’s normal.

How will the season finale go? Erron calling out the GM?

Anti-Polar Bear
08-10-2023, 04:43 AM
10 minutes into the Hard Knocks episode and the rodgers glorification is already way strong in the jets. I have never watched any season so maybe it’s normal.

How will the season finale go? Erron calling out the GM?

Episode 1 depicts Butte as being hip with the young uns of the Jesters, especially with Gardener, Black Wilson and Mormon Wilson. Remember, on the day Butte was traded, everyone and their baby’s mama were barking about Butte being too old and uncool for the new generation of Packers, especially with Doubs and Watson. Butte is still cool.

ThunderDan
08-10-2023, 08:25 AM
Episode 1 depicts Butte as being hip with the young uns of the Jesters, especially with Gardener, Black Wilson and Mormon Wilson. Remember, on the day Butte was traded, everyone and their baby’s mama were barking about Butte being too old and uncool for the new generation of Packers, especially with Doubs and Watson. Butte is still cool.

It wasn't a matter of if Arod could relate to the younger players. It was a matter of if he was going to try. It sure seemed like Arod said, "fuck it" in Green Bay.

I will give Arod this, he is extremely smart and knows how to manipulate people. He will do whatever is in his best interest.

Fritz
08-10-2023, 09:54 AM
It wasn't a matter of if Arod could relate to the younger players. It was a matter of if he was going to try. It sure seemed like Arod said, "fuck it" in Green Bay.

I will give Arod this, he is extremely smart and knows how to manipulate people. He will do whatever is in his best interest.

Same with the contract. He felt "disrespected" so he had to make the most money possible. He didn't offer a restructure before last season, when as assistant GM he brought in "his" guys. But he knows he wants to send the Packers another FU, and he knows he wants to get in good with the Jest, so he does a big restructure.

He is extremely smart, but like many people who think they're the smartest person in the room, he doesn't see that people can see through him.

run pMc
08-10-2023, 12:05 PM

This is absolutely true about him, as well as thinking he's the smartest guy in the room.

I think he was fairly checked out last year, whether he would admit it or not. He needed a change of scenery to reinvigorate him, the Packers needed to stop giving him so much control over personnel and scheme.
The trade was good for him, and if he's doing "Rodgers things" in NY it sure makes football interesting. I suspect he's enjoying it and not just acting for the camera (although I'm confident he's playing it up to annoy his critics).

It's interesting that Rodgers hates things that are often good for offenses like pre-snap motion, post-snap RPO reads, and MOF throws. Those are a lot of the things Shanahan/McVay use. He likes his McCarthy plays, and I'm sure Hackett will oblige him.

texaspackerbacker
08-10-2023, 04:21 PM
Again with the weird speculation about what's in Rodgers' head. He's gone now as far as the Packers are concerned, and I like many don't give a damn about him other than the 65% of course. But this is stupid - this idea that any of us or the God damned media shitheads for that matter - have any clue about his thinking. As for what is or isn't good for offenses, it's laughable that any of us - or the God damned media shitheads - have a clue about that either. The McCarthy/Hackett style that Rodgers allegedly prefers brought the Packers huge success for a long long time. The Shanahan/McVay and presumably LaFleur style is another way of doing things that has had some success - I'd argue no more than McCarthy's. Rodgers allegedly bucked the system and continued McCarthyism (no politics intended hahahaha) under LaFleur. Until last year, when injuries thoroughly fucked things up, that melding worked pretty damn great.

Somewhere in the mix of success or not success Joe Barry's defense too.

I don't pretend to know more about offense (or defense) than the rest of ya'all. My two points, however, are: the professionals of the coaching staff as well as Rodgers himself certainly do, AND the record over the years is what it is.

I say all this in the context that I thoroughly expect the Packers to have a lot better year the Jets. However, I do NOT expect that to result from any mental or physical failings of Rodgers, just because the Packers have a lot better team overall than the Jets. Love bombing out could change that, but I increasingly don't expect him to bomb out.

call_me_ishmael
08-10-2023, 04:23 PM
I thought this was an interesting perspective.

https://twitter.com/mikemcg0/status/1689260205807181824

Fritz
08-10-2023, 07:17 PM
This is absolutely true about him, as well as thinking he's the smartest guy in the room.

I think he was fairly checked out last year, whether he would admit it or not. He needed a change of scenery to reinvigorate him, the Packers needed to stop giving him so much control over personnel and scheme.
The trade was good for him, and if he's doing "Rodgers things" in NY it sure makes football interesting. I suspect he's enjoying it and not just acting for the camera (although I'm confident he's playing it up to annoy his critics).

It's interesting that Rodgers hates things that are often good for offenses like pre-snap motion, post-snap RPO reads, and MOF throws. Those are a lot of the things Shanahan/McVay use. He likes his McCarthy plays, and I'm sure Hackett will oblige him.

Rodgers never fully embraced the LeFleur version of the Shanny-I-might-be-a-tranny-misdirection/motion offense, and so I think with Hackett running what is now an ancient offense, other teams will figure out how to defend against an aging Rodgers better and better.

Joemailman
08-10-2023, 07:45 PM
I thought this was an interesting perspective.

https://twitter.com/mikemcg0/status/1689260205807181824

'It is interesting. I wonder though if it's possible for a diva, out of resentment toward a person or group of people, to turn into a knave.

sharpe1027
08-10-2023, 09:57 PM
'It is interesting. I wonder though if it's possible for a diva, out of resentment toward a person or group of people, to turn into a knave.

Maybe, but I am not sure there's much difference between Divas and knaves. Sure Divas can contribute, but no need to glorify them. There are nice people just as smart and competent as the divas.

Fritz
08-11-2023, 10:04 AM

Get thee back, ye knave!

Who comes up with this terminology?crazy.

run pMc
08-11-2023, 11:49 AM
As long as people can figure out any way to work with the divas, and the divas’ achievements outweigh the collateral damage caused by their diva ways, you should fight for them.

IOW, Rodgers' achievements were diminishing to where they did not outweigh the collateral damage, so a trade was done.

I think both sides will benefit.

I also think the Jets will have a better year than GB, although not by much. AFC is tough - lot of good teams (and QBs) in that conference.

And yes, the terminology is often silly.

Joemailman
08-18-2023, 02:50 PM
Thinking of getting a new jersey.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/pw/AIL4fc-qp4HU5xLh-KstEmA1SK-Bd15zeXsSOU_3Rc5P4Gqb4Ihu9OTdZpPl473KNCAHw2vdW8E0m i6rmk9gRFhPzwJvYf9t74sHzHyM0nUpHKHB1nlghbvmDL5ixLg uUtNqSRxr-u1MgxfCL0rRi_XeP9jQeWkXR0Rh_cyNALx2ZNIpm8xWxM6W0y9 2L7py9oKHHdnG1j819K7utApMfYXY8lZnWaien5aj8oR6Sif6y AENcbzCzhlh6_3rK6cauCdCVJe0k04uoDjiagBpni7CERjplnt m2mCXRansSiieG1drToTOlYj6aYGXLwGbgab_2Ma2pTpHsCpev kDjh0dI6Ik0AipRuTto1MpORLgyVALsmayEyg0M7JZIvTOsuu0 UF1XRTd8LaJw6085oM2elQ78uhayWRGEYljTZPZ9hoMNvM0gGx yqXT2E8pHJdaSWTwaaGUNQzaCReYTjnKTAmLaHWMc0CdPKHczp T_1haST5qSFx40DLyn_eVvMxK7UsFTEH4XJHg7oyCHbYvl7XHc PWeKA-mVXBJr8_6Fw6JFtGHCxi6o9o7MhpSZJL4STyBBtxQXVoeS3KmA bUodlKUrQT8xXVwtw7x5LU1iha0ogM5DIk1sLSH2XwU6kz5QDz 4dDsSKmgfeeovMogdTpFluq4J4r7rWw0FxhJRzSIcb1cd-MecYtwl8M0MqqPHCMvl6bFoHU_jevv_QelUWrGUNdf1ifsTiXo VCDbLl4soLnlpsXrZlX0ig-PBbEjj2k7Zb-h-YOScM8nkgcOA7RmT3qPZ408dniFy2tjUFF8U-rBeWe6dnQFiwzuy2GXHYC26PK7s6vJAX6nY2s4dlu7JT6vWLJS _QZuR3gp73KCWBOCtOU3paYMnZRjo7SK3gS_NtIc6R9JYk1tSS _X-6djoNg4A6Q=w900-h900-s-no?authuser=0

Fritz
08-18-2023, 03:15 PM
A Jets jersey? What jersey are you thinking of getting?

Joemailman
08-18-2023, 03:41 PM
A Jets jersey? What jersey are you thinking of getting?

Did you not look at it closely, or is it not showing up correctly?

MadScientist
08-19-2023, 12:59 AM
Did you not look at it closely, or is it not showing up correctly?

Not seeing anything. There is a link when I look at the source, but it is not showing up in the page. It's an unusual looking link, so it may be filtered out for security reasons.

Joemailman
08-19-2023, 09:44 AM
Not seeing anything. There is a link when I look at the source, but it is not showing up in the page. It's an unusual looking link, so it may be filtered out for security reasons.

Yeah, it's not showing upon my page now either. Anyway, I had heard there was someone at Packers practice wearing a Jets jersey with the #65 with the nameplate of PERCENT on it.

QBME
08-19-2023, 07:43 PM
Yeah, it's not showing upon my page now either. Anyway, I had heard there was someone at Packers practice wearing a Jets jersey with the #65 with the nameplate of PERCENT on it.

Now that’s funny

run pMc
08-20-2023, 02:02 PM
Ben Brust, former Badger player and now radio or podcast host or something. Reeked of publicity stunt IMO.
I guess MLF saw him in the stands and was not amused. I also heard someone had a packers jersey with the number 65 and the name 'Percent' on the back... so there's plenty of jersey trolling happening. Meh, it happens.

Fritz
08-20-2023, 09:31 PM
Ben Brust, former Badger player and now radio or podcast host or something. Reeked of publicity stunt IMO.
I guess MLF saw him in the stands and was not amused. I also heard someone had a packers jersey with the number 65 and the name 'Percent' on the back... so there's plenty of jersey trolling happening. Meh, it happens.

Not the first time fans have trolled via jersey. Don’t forget this classis:

https://onmilwaukee.com/articles/deannafavrethanksted#omclbx-img-deannafavrethanksted

Fritz
08-20-2023, 09:32 PM
https://onmilwaukee.com/articles/deannafavrethanksted#omclbx-img-deannafavrethanksted

Okay , so my “thansted” Vikes jersey picture with Deanna does not appear to be showing up.

bobblehead
08-21-2023, 10:48 AM
Yea. Deanna was willing to have a cheating whoring drug addled husband who was past his prime. And she thought she was being clever because while the team moved on she did not. Pretty sure Ted got the best of that one.

Sparkey
08-21-2023, 11:36 AM
https://onmilwaukee.com/images/articles/de/deannafavrethanksted/deannafavrethanksted_fullsize_story1.jpg

Fritz
08-23-2023, 12:13 PM
THANKSSPARK

RashanGary
08-27-2023, 06:25 PM
Yea. Deanna was willing to have a cheating whoring drug addled husband who was past his prime. And she thought she was being clever because while the team moved on she did not. Pretty sure Ted got the best of that one.

Damn bro, that got dark :lol:

smuggler
08-27-2023, 06:54 PM
There's another universe where Favre wins in 2009 and Rodgers wins in 2010, 2011, 2014, and 2020.

It was very close to a mutually beneficial split. Hoping for something similar with the Rodgers situation.

Fritz
08-27-2023, 08:52 PM
Then there’s this universe.

Shit.

call_me_ishmael
09-11-2023, 11:09 PM
Man, what a sad way to go out. Is this a career ender for one of the all-time greats? You hate to see it. Just a fluke thing too. I feel horrible for him, he seemed like he was reinvigorated with a fresh start like Peyton was and Brady was.

texaspackerbacker
09-11-2023, 11:17 PM
hahahahaha you would.

NewsBruin
09-11-2023, 11:53 PM
I wanted to see what 8 was gonna do this season because it wasn't going to affect us unless they beat out 15 other teams (and I wanted to see when the rah-rah magic wheels fell off Arod's bus...er...Jet).

I think he could rehab and come back to a veteran "Well enough" level next season, but the left foot is his plant, and I don't know if he'd freak out every time he pushes off.

NewsBruin
09-11-2023, 11:56 PM
Ye cats. If he's done, that's a $74M dead cap (https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-york-jets/aaron-rodgers-3745/) hit.

smuggler
09-12-2023, 12:33 AM
I think he could rehab and come back to a veteran "Well enough" level next season, but the left foot is his plant, and I don't know if he'd freak out every time he pushes off.

He's a right handed passer, so his right foot is his plant foot.

If he were a kicker, his left foot would indeed be the plant foot. :-D

MadScientist
09-12-2023, 12:50 AM
Ye cats. If he's done, that's a $74M dead cap (https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-york-jets/aaron-rodgers-3745/) hit.

They'll do it post June 1st so it will be split over two season. Still, barring a comeback, the Jets will have paid Rodgers almost $24M per snap.

NewsBruin
09-12-2023, 01:00 AM
He's a right handed passer, so his right foot is his plant foot.

If he were a kicker, his left foot would indeed be the plant foot. :-D

Possibly one of the many reasons I suck at football.

smuggler
09-12-2023, 06:23 AM
At least you knew it was the left leg. I couldn't even remember that much when I responded to you last night.

Fosco33
09-12-2023, 06:51 AM
Anyone happy for the injury or ‘hating’ Rodgers is small minded. He is good for the NFL and its entertainment value. If he’s done for the year, I can’t see how he’s not done for the career. So many lower leg injuries, 40+, etc.

Maybe he’ll use the chance to view the game from the sideline with a new perspective. Maybe he’d be a damn good coach - QB, specialist, quality control, OC or even HC.

It sucks for him, sucks for the Jets and sucks for us (1st vs 2nd round pick). Fuck the fake fields - maybe this is the nail in that coffin too.

red
09-12-2023, 07:42 AM
I’ll take the 2 second round picks we got for a guy that played 3 snaps and learn to be happy

And fuck the nfl and their “value”, unless you’re a team owner (a real owner) or a media talking head, this shouldn’t matter one bit

Upnorth
09-12-2023, 07:51 AM
The Jets oline is bad and would have been holding that team back, however this was an unfortunate freak jnjury. Wonder if he plays next season.

Fritz
09-12-2023, 08:09 AM
The Jets oline is bad and would have been holding that team back, however this was an unfortunate freak jnjury. Wonder if he plays next season.

I think he will play. He’s too proud and too egotistical to want to be the guys the Jets gave up two second-rounders for, only to go out after four plays in game one. No, he’ll work his ass off and use the idea that he’s being scorned as his motivation. Probably have a really good year, too.

From a Packer perspective, as a fan, this was the second-worst thing that could’ve happened: he’s out after four plays and out for the year, AND the Jets won anyway.

Harlan Huckleby
09-12-2023, 08:45 AM
https://twitter.com/laz_versalles/status/1701393047148482853?t=062cmKwWz9X3aYSh3VNtWA&s=19

RashanGary
09-12-2023, 11:00 AM
https://twitter.com/laz_versalles/status/1701393047148482853?t=062cmKwWz9X3aYSh3VNtWA&s=19

:lol:

run pMc
09-12-2023, 11:30 AM
The injury is not good if you're a football fan. Also, cheering when someone gets hurt is pretty meanspirited and small.
The news cycle will spin over to his recovery (and if he wants to come back, his rehab) and NY media will eat that up.

The Jets had a lot of prime time games on the schedule IIRC, wonder how the league and media channels feel about that now that people will be watching Zach Wilson trot out there.

Harlan Huckleby
09-12-2023, 12:01 PM
:lol:

BTW, I really am not a COMPLETE asshole, I feel bad that Rodgers went down. but i did LOL at that too soon joke.

texaspackerbacker
09-12-2023, 12:14 PM
I’ll take the 2 second round picks we got for a guy that played 3 snaps and learn to be happy

And fuck the nfl and their “value”, unless you’re a team owner (a real owner) or a media talking head, this shouldn’t matter one bit

+1

I guess you're almost as evil and small-minded as me hahahahaha

Fosco33
09-12-2023, 12:44 PM
Sports karma is a real thing imo. And karma in general. ARod didn’t do anything to the packers that they didn’t accept and we, as fans, owe each other nothing (and vice versa).

So cheer for injuries - it’s certainly your right. As it is to say that mentality is small minded.

And the entertainment value - it’s watching the best product on the field. ARod on the jets is more entertaining than not.

RashanGary
09-12-2023, 12:59 PM
BTW, I really am not a COMPLETE asshole, I feel bad that Rodgers went down. but i did LOL at that too soon joke.

I know, 99% of hilarious but cruel jokes aren’t hilarious because the cruelty is funny, they’re hilarious because someone saying it when they shouldn’t is funny.

RashanGary
09-12-2023, 01:01 PM
But I have zero empathy for fans talking shit and then someone rubs it in their face when they’re wrong. To me, everyone should be capable of taking flack when they talk shit or they shouldn’t be talking shit. I laugh guilt free when these people are butt hurt. I laugh at their pain and feel good about it.

RashanGary
09-12-2023, 01:06 PM
And guys pushing jaire or smacking him…. I never feel angry about that. Dude is a great player and he’s hilarious at trolling. He has it coming. He knows he’s gonna get smacked. That’s part of the fun. He’s still in their head and messes up their focus. He’s winning even when he gets punched.

Freak Out
09-12-2023, 02:28 PM

Ron Wolf would have protected him.

King Friday
09-12-2023, 02:44 PM
I never cheered for Rodgers to get hurt, but I also will feel no sympathy for the guy. It was his decision to not move into retirement when he was seriously considering it. It was his decision to move on to a team with one of the worst OLs in the NFL. It was his decision to not learn to throw the ball more quickly as he aged like Tom Brady did. The bright lights of NYC were a siren call that he could not resist, and his boat crashed against the rocks. Much worse happens to people every day who don’t have the financial security of Aaron Rodgers. I’ll feel sympathy for them instead.

NewsBruin
09-12-2023, 03:24 PM
From Milwaukee channel 56, Jack's American Bar successful/failed experiment of covering everyone's tab when Rodgers starts and loses.

https://twitter.com/davehill77/status/1701610014631452775?t=RsYJtiLgCYM3qLIbfHS07A&s=19

sharpe1027
09-12-2023, 03:57 PM
I wanted to see how he did this year, but the timing of this injury is too crazy for me not to crack a smile.

Take the 2nd round pick and never look back.

Harlan Huckleby
09-12-2023, 04:28 PM
I wanted to see how he did this year, but the timing of this injury is too crazy for me not to crack a smile.

Going into my senior year of high school I trained my ass off, I looked like Tarzan. I was gonna be a real football player. In the first 10 seconds of the first practice I blew my knee out running thru those rope drills. THe assistant coach who drove me to the hospital looked at me like I was a shame to Manhood everywhere as I cried in the car. He didn't realize I was crying about the crushing disappointment of losing my Rocky dream. 8 months of grueling work in the toilet. It's OK for a real man to cry when his dog dies or his horse dies or he loses his chance of manly glory.

AROD seemed to take his disaster better.

red
09-12-2023, 05:31 PM
hope it was all worth it for him, the way he left and burned his bridges on his way out, then pissing on those ashes, and then shitting on those pissy ashes by being mr. teammate, and playing in the preseason and saying how he needs to simplify things for his recievers.

alienating all those fans, for 3 fucking plays

are the jets fans going to still treat him like he walks on water after giving them just 3 plays? nope

a rods ego is going to take the biggest hit, losing 2 fan bases like he did

MadtownPacker
09-12-2023, 08:08 PM
Thats a good point red.

He got off easy, has an excuse and the money. Would have preferred to see the mfer abused for a few games and some new choke job stories that didnt include the Packers.

call_me_ishmael
09-13-2023, 12:54 AM
I once again repeat some real sick fucks in and karma is very real. Who would wish an injury on anyone? What kind of parents did y'all have? Jesus H.

run pMc
09-13-2023, 08:23 AM
Wishing an injury on a player is... yeah, I'll just say it's not ok.

bobblehead
09-13-2023, 09:05 AM
I once again repeat some real sick fucks in and karma is very real. Who would wish an injury on anyone? What kind of parents did y'all have? Jesus H.

Karma is not real. Its something we tell each other to try and make us all behave. I don't feel sorry for a man who lived the dream and now has a couple hundred million banked. I'm not happy either. I wanted a 1st round pick.

I was ready to trade him when he didn't try and run the ball into the endzone against Tampa Bay. I felt he had largely checked out from football then already. He's human. I'm sure everyone here (especially me) is noble in all things and never selfish or petty. Not glad he is hurt. Not sad he is gone. Wish he had made it 65% of the plays.

Anti-Polar Bear
09-13-2023, 10:01 AM
Karma is not real. Its something we tell each other to try and make us all behave.

Agreed with you regarding karma.

A few months ago, a dealer mishandled the house’s chips at the table where I was grinding at 1-3 and was short $20 upon a dealer switch. I was in a $600 hole for that session but still threw 4 $5 chips towards the new dealer to reconcile the shortage. If karma was real, I would never be in the 5k downswing I currently am on at this moment.

Fritz
09-13-2023, 10:58 AM
Thats a good point red.

He got off easy, has an excuse and the money. Would have preferred to see the mfer abused for a few games and some new choke job stories that didnt include the Packers.

This, and what Bobble wrote, is where I'm at with it all. I wanted Rodgers to play at least 65% of the snaps, but play like his play has been trending - hanging on to the ball, pumping, waiting, never throwing over the middle, then launching a hopeless long shot down the sidelines, or throwing it away, and finally abusing his receivers afterward when it doesn't work out. Then have the Jest finish with a shitty record so the Packers could have a good, high #1 draft pick - because I am a Packers' fan.

That's what I wanted. But what we got was the harsh reality of a 39 year old quarterback + weak offensive line (though to be fair the play seems to have been called as a short, quick throw, so the tackle's cut block is understandable) + artificial turf = bad news bears.

What surprised me most about my reaction is the disappointment. I think I was looking forward to watching the season-long Aaron Rodgers drama unfold in NY - like Mad said, the cleverly shifting blame, the sporadic great throws sandwiched between throwing the ball away and heaving hopeless sidline bombs, the restlessness of Jets' fans as the drama unfolds and they realize he's not quite what they thought, especially with that weak offensive line. I didn't realize I was looking forward to watching all that from afar, and also hoping it'd result in a high #1 draft pick.

But it was not to be. I don't think anyone guessed it would end so soon.

I do think the guy's going to bust his ass to come back some time next season. He loves those chips on his shoulders, and now he's really, really got something to prove.

texaspackerbacker
09-13-2023, 12:02 PM
I was expecting Rodgers to have an excellent season personally but the Jets floundering anyway. Oh well. It doesn't bother me in the least that it turned out this way - except for the 65% thing, of course. I also was really thinking Rodgers would play at least 3-5 more excellent years, to at least the age Brady did. That still could happen, but it's not very unlikely, many saying he won't come back at all. I'm fine with that too.

Childish or whatever it might be hahahahaha, but my outlook is, if we can't have him, then hopefully nobody can.

Harlan Huckleby
09-13-2023, 03:51 PM
I also was really thinking Rodgers would play at least 3-5 more excellent years

I was surprised to read that AR is the oldest active player in the NFL. His retirement next year was entirely possible even without the injury. We saw the last two seasons that Rodgers has lost his legs, even if his deep-ball arm is still among the best. Brady was a freak.

MadScientist
09-13-2023, 04:01 PM
What really surprised me was how out of sync Rodgers and the Jets Oline were. The tackles were doing cut blocks expecting that it would be a quick pads, and Rodgers was searching for just the right pass. Rodgers was hit on all three drop backs. Even if his foot hadn't stuck in the turf, he would have been lucky to last 65% of the snaps in that game.

While many are reading Rodgers last rites on his career, he really needs a priest to teach him the rhythm method.

Fritz
09-13-2023, 05:16 PM
What really surprised me was how out of sync Rodgers and the Jets Oline were. The tackles were doing cut blocks expecting that it would be a quick pads, and Rodgers was searching for just the right pass. Rodgers was hit on all three drop backs. Even if his foot hadn't stuck in the turf, he would have been lucky to last 65% of the snaps in that game.

While many are reading Rodgers last rites on his career, he really needs a priest to teach him the rhythm method.

Good one there, Mad, I must confess.

Joemailman
09-13-2023, 05:57 PM
I was expecting Rodgers to have an excellent season personally but the Jets floundering anyway. Oh well. It doesn't bother me in the least that it turned out this way - except for the 65% thing, of course. I also was really thinking Rodgers would play at least 3-5 more excellent years, to at least the age Brady did. That still could happen, but it's not very unlikely, many saying he won't come back at all. I'm fine with that too.

Childish or whatever it might be hahahahaha, but my outlook is, if we can't have him, then hopefully nobody can.

It won't happen because unlike Brady Rodgers wasn't smart enough to understand that as you get older you need to avoid hits by getting rid of the ball on time. All of Rodgers' serious injuries, the 2 collarbones and this were from hits on off-schedule plays.

texaspackerbacker
09-13-2023, 06:45 PM
As I recall, Brady had one or more injuries more serious than anything Rodgers had. And regardless of that the sacred cow worshipers think, Brady always had better pass blocking than Rodgers.

I agree, it likely won't happen now (even that I wouldn't rule out just yet), but before this Achilles injury, I stand by the idea that Rodgers could have and maybe would have played to the same age as Brady did - give or take a year or so.

red
09-13-2023, 06:49 PM

Yeah, I read something that said the LT did exactly what he was suppose to do on the injury play. He was upper to cut block the guy, and it was suppose to be a quick dump off. But Arron went off script without telling anyone else

Same type of crap he’s been pulling for years

I’m supposed he wasn’t yelling at the LT for not knowing what he was going to do

sharpe1027
09-13-2023, 08:05 PM
In 2019, Tampa gave up 47 sacks.
In 2020 they gave up 21.
In 2007 the Patriots gave up 21 sacks.
In 2008 the Patriots gave up 48 sacks.
In 2009 the Patriots gave up 18 sacks.

Guess which years Brady wasn't playing.

RashanGary
09-13-2023, 09:29 PM
In 2019, Tampa gave up 47 sacks.
In 2020 they gave up 21.
In 2007 the Patriots gave up 21 sacks.
In 2008 the Patriots gave up 48 sacks.
In 2009 the Patriots gave up 18 sacks.

Guess which years Brady wasn't playing.

Right, and Brady threw very few picks after the first 6 or 7 years of his endless career.

RashanGary
09-13-2023, 09:32 PM
Rodgers averaged about 7 per year after his first couple stinkers and Brady averaged about 9 or 10.

The difference in sacks doesn’t make up for the couple picks. Brady was better.

sharpe1027
09-13-2023, 09:50 PM
I'm not going to argue about whether Brady is better, because it's way more complicated and open to interpretation of what you mean by "better."

Brady was better at getting the ball out quickly and had less sacks because of it, despite being pretty immobile.

Fritz
09-14-2023, 08:52 AM
I'm not going to argue about whether Brady is better, because it's way more complicated and open to interpretation of what you mean by "better."

Brady was better at getting the ball out quickly and had less sacks because of it, despite being pretty immobile.

"The night is darkest before the dawn," Rodgers, 39, wrote on his Instagram account Wednesday afternoon, his first comments since the injury. "And I shall rise yet again."

Is he channeling his inner Winston Churchill or something? WTF was that?

Joemailman
09-14-2023, 09:42 AM
"The night is darkest before the dawn," Rodgers, 39, wrote on his Instagram account Wednesday afternoon, his first comments since the injury. "And I shall rise yet again."

Is he channeling his inner Winston Churchill or something? WTF was that?

The phrase "the night is the darkest before dawn" was first written by an English theologian. Rodgers may have a bit of a Jesus complex going on here.

Sparkey
09-14-2023, 10:07 AM
The phrase "the night is the darkest before dawn" was first written by an English theologian. Rodgers may have a bit of a Jesus complex going on here.

Maybe more a Vincent Van Gogh fan:

Love many things, for therein lies the true strength, and whosoever loves much performs much, and can accomplish much, and what is done in love is done well.
— Vincent Van Gogh

In spite of everything I shall rise again: I will take up my pencil, which I have forsaken in my great discouragement, and I will go on with my drawing.
— Vincent Van Gogh

He is a QB artist, afterall and much like Van Gogh, completely full of himself.

sharpe1027
09-14-2023, 11:46 AM

What he says is no longer my concern. I'm good with that.

run pMc
09-14-2023, 11:54 AM
Brady had an ACL injury. Rodgers had one of those before he turned pro. Rodgers has had a couple of collarbone injuries which could be problematic if they are your throwing side. He had that one year where it was probably a broken leg or something with his knee. Anyway, an Achilles injury is more severe than an ACL in this day and age for NFL pros.
Another thing to consider: by nature of Rodgers' play style, he has taken way more sacks and hits than Brady did. That counts for something. As players age they get hurt more easily and enjoy those hits less and less.

Finally, Brady's career is an absolute unicorn unless you can prove otherwise. He's so far out there as an outlier, using him as a measuring stick for any QB older than 35 is going to have tons of caveats. You're better off looking at other QBs who have had good enough careers to be starting past age 35. That list is growing because of the passing game rules, but there is a steep decline in performance and equally steep increase in injuries around that age.

SudsMcBucky
09-14-2023, 11:58 AM
Maybe more a Vincent Van Gogh fan:

Love many things, for therein lies the true strength, and whosoever loves much performs much, and can accomplish much, and what is done in love is done well.
— Vincent Van Gogh

In spite of everything I shall rise again: I will take up my pencil, which I have forsaken in my great discouragement, and I will go on with my drawing.
— Vincent Van Gogh

He is a QB artist, afterall and much like Van Gogh, completely full of himself.

Or maybe a fan of the Dark Knight?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPfDL1OoV3k

run pMc
09-14-2023, 12:05 PM

15 years of people telling you how great you are will do that to a complicated fella.
I think Rodgers will use everything he can as a chip on his shoulder to rehab his way back. Whether his body can agree with his mind on the rehab is another story.

I'm sure the Jets will do what they can to help, although I wouldn't let his conspiracy kook pals on the medical team. If Rodgers retires the Jets have a cap mess on their hands.

Even if he makes it back I'm not sure what that injury will do to his ability in the pocket or accuracy - the legs are a pretty important part that. I guess we'll find out.
He'll inject himself into the limelight via McAfee and social media (and maybe try to land a gig as a color guy while rehabbing, you never know); he's got an ego and has easy access to the NYC media market.

His injury is bad for the jets and the NFL in general (and the Packer's losing out on a R1 pick) but I'm sure he'll still get exposure, whether it's thru his rehab or some other nonsense.
I've moved on because he's not on the Packers.

Fritz
09-14-2023, 12:19 PM

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E0o-PgDXIAEU_DG.jpg:large

run pMc
09-14-2023, 12:36 PM
LMAO

Joemailman
09-14-2023, 12:50 PM

Told ya so.

RashanGary
09-14-2023, 01:43 PM
Haha, seeing his cocky smug grill on Jesus is too much :lol:

TravisWilliams23
09-14-2023, 07:18 PM

Physician, heal thyself!

bobblehead
09-14-2023, 08:21 PM
I'm kind of confused by all the Rodgers hate. When Favre left he was an all time selfish asshole and people on this site were worshipping him. Rodgers wasn't even in the ballpark of prickness and everyone hates on him. People never cease to baffle me.

Fosco33
09-14-2023, 08:57 PM
I'm kind of confused by all the Rodgers hate. When Favre left he was an all time selfish asshole and people on this site were worshipping him. Rodgers wasn't even in the ballpark of prickness and everyone hates on him. People never cease to baffle me.

This. 100%

sharpe1027
09-14-2023, 09:04 PM
Hate is a strong word. Not worshiping him as a person and fine that he left, sure.

MadtownPacker
09-14-2023, 09:12 PM
Maybe cuz Brett left after 13-3 and had a great season excluding the last game?

What makes you the expert on if Rodgers is a jerk? I got to see it first hand the year he took over, 2008. He will always be a champion and former Packers QB. No one is wishing away the good times and you aren’t baffled you just want to be prickish. Like what I did there. :-D

call_me_ishmael
09-14-2023, 10:00 PM
Brett Favre was a lot more likeable and the every man. Rodgers comes off as a weird dude to the every man. I still like both.

texaspackerbacker
09-15-2023, 05:36 AM
Maybe that's why they wait 5 years to put somebody in the Hall of Fame - to let the silly shit wear off that a lot of detractors like to bring up.

I don't give a shit about "likeable" or not or "weird dude" or not. What counts is that We the Packer Fans were blessed to have two of the three greatest QBs in NFL history on Our team.

Harlan Huckleby
09-15-2023, 09:32 AM

There is nothing confusing or baffling about the widespread dislike of Rodgers the past 3 years. Plenty of people remain admirers, but you've read the criticisms a thousand times.

If there is any mystery it is why it took so long for Arod's full assholery to emerge. Guess he was a late bloomer.
Maybe when he kicked his great buddy Jason wilde to the curb that was an early warning. That and the baby seal clubbing.

Fritz
09-15-2023, 09:51 AM

Hate? I just posted a picture of him looking like Jesus!

NewsBruin
09-15-2023, 09:57 AM
I think there was a lot more mixed reactions to both QBs than each of us wants to claim. Sports cable/radio depends on loudmouths (who may or may not currently be newsbreaking journalists) who choose a viewpoint (sincerely or not) and then get their army of listeners to chime in "Yeah, that's what I think!"

Sometimes, they just take some generic idea and then stick whatever current event is going on onto its pointy end.

The difference with Brett is how thirsty he was to be everyone's friend or Valentine. Aaron comes off as expecting everyone to turn on, doubt, or want something from him, so he'll blow up all his relationships in a matter of months or a few years. I was looking forward to his time in Jersey to see when the honeymoon was going to wear off.

Very little of it had anything to do with how they approached being a quarterback. The biggest thing they had in common was aging past having many friends on the roster.

MadtownPacker
09-15-2023, 12:52 PM
That’s a very balanced take on it NewBru. Thank you for not being all emotional like Harlan and bobble. They both must’ve got their . at the same time.

bobblehead
09-15-2023, 12:57 PM
Maybe cuz Brett left after 13-3 and had a great season excluding the last game?

What makes you the expert on if Rodgers is a jerk? I got to see it first hand the year he took over, 2008. He will always be a champion and former Packers QB. No one is wishing away the good times and you aren’t baffled you just want to be prickish. Like what I did there. :-D

Didn't you kind of answer your own question there??

bobblehead
09-15-2023, 12:58 PM
Brett Favre was a lot more likeable and the every man. Rodgers comes off as a weird dude to the every man. I still like both.

I don't know. The stories about how he treated staff at the local cafe after a night of drinking were legendary in Green Bay.

Fosco33
09-15-2023, 02:20 PM
Both had huge success and huge ego.

I liked Favre and as a 12yr old incorrectly idolized him. He was a throwback warrior. But he was also a frequent cheater on his wife, kicked an addiction before the NFL would’ve suspended him in future years, the dickpic, the welfare scandal, etc. He actually retired, and cried, multiple times. And after the drafts…Then forced his way back to the team - which had to shop him off - to one year later - playing for the Vikings…

I’m not even sure how that’s remotely closed to Aaron. You can be mad about his level of expectation and make fun of him for things that many people agree with (balance, mental health, alternative medicine) and others that are controversial (but was he wrong to not take an experimental drug that now appears to be completely useless). And sure - he left his family - but we don’t know why. Yes / he was rightly pissed about the front office drafting his replacement without a common courtesy. And yes - he wanted to help drive personnel and play selections. Most of the latter he seemed to be right about based on back-back MVPs. He took ~2mo to make the last decision (before the draft) and mutually parted ways.

I’m not idolizing athletes anymore and as an NFL fan - was disappointed with his injury. I’ll never understand the opinions of others. I quite like and agree with most things that ARod says and does.

texaspackerbacker
09-15-2023, 05:12 PM
Uh, having a huge ego pretty much goes with being a huge success. There's a helluva lot more humble losers than there are humble successes, even percentage-wise hahahaha.

As for idolizing Favre (and Rodgers too), you and others damn well should. All that shit you mentioned is 1. totally irrelevant and unimportant compared to the greatness on the field and 2. amplified if not outright made up by the God damned shitheads of the media who live to dig up crap like that and fling it around - against everybody, but mostly against the most successful.

And maybe idolizing is the wrong word. Acknowledging and respecting the results on the field and mostly ignoring the irrelevant shit, that's what ought to be fans' outlook on the whole situation.

Fosco33
09-15-2023, 05:42 PM
I’d say that’s where I’ve been since Favre, Tex.

RashanGary
09-15-2023, 06:03 PM
There are a lot of things i admire and respect more than being good at football.

I still do appreciate what they’re able to do, just not gonna fawn over them being great guys.

Fritz
09-15-2023, 06:34 PM
I was curious, like NewsBruin, about how long until the sheen wore off in NY. But as I've said, I'm confident this is exactly the kind of motivation Rodgers thrives on - he'll build it up so everyone's counting him out and done, and he'll rehab his ass off to come back next season, maybe midway through, and try to lead them to the playoffs and a title. Heck, he might've bought Saleh another season, if the Jets do reasonably well this year.

I can see Rodgers's mind going to that narrative and busting his ass to make that happen.

If he does come back, say mid-season next year, that means he's only got eight or so games to rub everyone the wrong way and start rolling his eyes at his receivers and all that. He might be able to contain himself for eight games.

But I have a feeling by then I won't really care so much any more. The Packers get a second rounder, and that's a bummer.

I don't think Rodgers is a great person - seems arrogant and judgemental - but he's not a mother raper or a father raper or a child raper, so he's a better person than a few NFLers who've passed through the league over the course of history.

And really, truth be told, if a player is a great player, everyone will forgive whatever kind of human being he is, as long as he's good. Heck, I still think Ahman Green was one of the best running backs I've ever seen - love the guy - but he beat on his wife and was apparently therefore not a super stellar dude. So why do I like him more than Rodgers?

Because I'm a flawed human being. A little fucked up.

sharpe1027
09-15-2023, 08:59 PM
Fritz, I get that logic. My take? Rodgers is done. Even if he comes back, he hasn't show commitment to working hard for several years. It's not likely to flip a switch that easily for an extended period of time. Possible? Yeah. Likely? I don't think so.

MadScientist
09-15-2023, 11:43 PM
Fritz, I get that logic. My take? Rodgers is done. Even if he comes back, he hasn't show commitment to working hard for several years. It's not likely to flip a switch that easily for an extended period of time. Possible? Yeah. Likely? I don't think so.

I don't think the work will be the limiting factor. He will come back, unless there is some problem with his recovery. However, unless the Jets somehow put together a dominating Oline, Rodgers tendency to hold the ball for the perfect play will get him battered, bruised and broken. He will last more than 4 plays, but how much more is hard to guess.

ThunderDan
09-16-2023, 06:40 AM

ARod said the doubters and all the “happy” people about his injury were just what he needs to push through and come back on the McAfee show yesterday.

sharpe1027
09-16-2023, 07:01 AM
ARod said the doubters and all the “happy” people about his injury were just what he needs to push through and come back on the McAfee show yesterday.

We'll see. I think he might come back but be a shadow of his former self. I don't want that, but I have my doubts he'll become a workout warrior and come back better than ever.

Fritz
09-16-2023, 07:13 AM
We'll see. I think he might come back but be a shadow of his former self. I don't want that, but I have my doubts he'll become a workout warrior and come back better than ever.

Rodgers always seemed to need a chip on his shoulder for the motivation to bust his balls. And he’s got that now. I feel confident he’s going to work like Rashan Gary did. I don’t agree that he won’t have the mentality to do that.

I also expect you’ll see the Jest investing heavily in the offensive line next offseason, both in terms of drafting and signing free agents.

NewsBruin
09-16-2023, 08:19 AM
As for idolizing Favre (and Rodgers too), you and others damn well should. All that shit you mentioned is 1. totally irrelevant and unimportant compared to the greatness on the field and 2. amplified if not outright made up by the God damned shitheads of the media who live to dig up crap like that and fling it around - against everybody, but mostly against the most successful.

Tex, are you the guy who yells 'Freebird!" at every concert?

Brett (and Bus Cook) had plenty of backchannels and reporters on speed dial during his playing days. There was never a production meeting or a night-before reporters' dinner that didn't have a place setting for him. I only spent one summer full-length in Wisconsin, but I kept up online, and the stories were "Brett loves deer hunting on his off-day! Brett's back and healthier than ever! Brett's lightened his hair with lemon juice because his daughter asked! Brett's married his longtime girlfriend! Brett's become a better person after rehab! All the lockerroom loves Brett's down-to-earth nature and farting mastery!"

The guy more or less couch-surfed in Peter King's rec room during his quasi-retirements. The sports media practically had a candlelight vigil when Irv died.

Did you ever get a small-town paper try an exposé on Brett's nightlife? Did you hear anything other than maybe-genuine/maybe-coaxed comments from teammates about how much of a dude he was?

I get that to be a "source guy' reporter, you have to have sharp elbows, you have to sacrifice the best years of your life to always chase reactions, you have to seed GMs and agents with speculation and ideas, and you have to carry a whole lot of water from those agents to promote their clients' interests (maybe you're floating some negative gossip to kneecap their clients' competition). Access is the currency of the kingdom, and everyone in every compartment of the sports-industrial complex knows you're clawing and stepping over everyone else to extend what time you have in the spotlight.

But maybe, maybe, can you make an exception that Brett sought out the spotlight, that Brett (and Bus) used the media when it suited him, that his indiscretions were squashed as irrelevant gossip, that there was precious little fabricated or slanted, or even negative news about him until someone didn't like getting a promo pic of Little Brett and the Crocs?

Harlan Huckleby
09-16-2023, 10:59 AM
I also expect you’ll see the Jest investing heavily in the offensive line next offseason, both in terms of drafting and signing free agents.

I expect the Jets are in full damage control mode and aren't counting on Rodgers to be a good player next season. Not sure what their difficult options are, but rolling the dice on a win-now year with Rodgers sounds like a bad commitment.

texaspackerbacker
09-16-2023, 11:09 AM
I don't go to concerts, Newsbruin, (except some country music decades ago). I don't even know what "freebird" is all about (or care).

Most of the crap you're talking about is totally irrelevant (or should be) to football fans. I assume Favre and Rodgers and most other overpaid athletes hire publicists to put out good shit about him for the people who actually care about that silly shit, and also to counter the media assholes doing their damnedest to dig up bad shit about them.

The ONLY thing that is (or should be) important to Packer fans is what they do in football. And in that area, Rodgers and Favre are probably #1 and #3 best QB all time. Any of the rest of that shit, I don't give a damn.

All of that is in the past, though. Rodgers' future performance if any? Frankly, I don't give a damn, He is no longer a Packer, so the hell with him, same as the hell with anybody else from other teams.

Fritz
09-16-2023, 05:27 PM
Bruin, you are w-a-a-a-y too nuanced and thoughtful for Tex. Gotta paint with a wide brush for the Texan.

RashanGary
09-16-2023, 07:32 PM
Rodgers saying he’s gonna prove everyone wrong about the timeline. Oof. I know the medical field is trash, but injury timelines don’t seem like an area even they can mess up too badly.

Something tells me he’s gonna be reinjured very quickly on this one.

Freak Out
09-19-2023, 01:52 PM
The medical field is trash? Dare I go down this rabbit hole? lol

run pMc
09-19-2023, 02:30 PM
The medical field is trash? Dare I go down this rabbit hole? lol

LOL yeah, I'm not touching that one, other than it's a ridiculously bad take. You could convince me if you were talking about medical billing practices though.

bobblehead
09-20-2023, 10:51 AM
The medical field is like all fields. We have some very brilliant people and some dolts. Like too much of life the dolts end up as bureaucrats and making most of the broad policy.

Fritz
09-20-2023, 05:27 PM
The talking heads at ESPN were debating whether the Jest should try to find another QB. Zach Wilson is clearly way, way over his head.

But who the hell is out there that would be worth pursuing?

I wonder if Rodgers is secretly smirking that the Jest are lost without him, or if he's thinking "Geez, my puppet Hackett might be fired, so I hope they win a few games." Or both.

RashanGary
09-20-2023, 05:47 PM
Would you rather have a 40 year old Rodgers with a torn Achilles or Love and two seconds?

Freak Out
09-20-2023, 08:23 PM
Love for sure.