PDA

View Full Version : Jordan Love Era Predictions

Vincenzo
08-25-2023, 11:23 PM
My lifelong friend from Milwaukee says, “he will shine.”

The Jordan Love era is upon us this fall, what is your prediction?

Mine is the obvious, which is he has a tough act to follow and will last another 3 years until our Packers trade him to the New York Jets for a 1st round draft pick.

Fritz
08-26-2023, 10:50 AM
I think it'll be a real up-and-down year, and next year people will still be unsure if he's the real deal or if the Packers should go after one of the top college guys by dealing away multiple picks. But the Packer brass will hang on to him, and he'll be good. Enough. Maybe even just good.

texaspackerbacker
08-26-2023, 11:24 AM
He's got everything going for him in terms of having a loaded team around him, playing in a weak division, etc. I don't see the Packers trading him unless he flops really badly, and I've come around to the point of view that I don't expect that to happen. If he is just barely decent, this should be a very good season for the Packers. If he's good, the sky's the limit. I'm not ready to predict that the Packers got lucky a third time, but I wouldn't rule it out either.

Bretsky
08-26-2023, 11:54 AM
Jason Wilde has watched this guy practice for three years now. He also saw Rodgers from the start.

In regards, to Love, there were accuracy issues, a lot of them early on that were concerning. He couldn't throw a deep ball well at all. Wilde sings praises in terms of Love now as somebody who has worked his ass off to greatly improve himself as a thrower in terms of accuracy. He's cheering for him to find greatness. He says the accuracy is way improved, and he's throwing the deep balls ok

When Rodgers came in, Wilde noted he showed great arm strengh and while he was not ready, he flashed some great plays in practices. Mark Tauscher, tells a story of how when James Campen was the OL coach, he brough all of the OL into watch film in what I think was Rodgers 2nd or 3rd year. And he basically said....look at that f'cker make those throws. That is not normal at all, and this guy, is going to be a very very special QB in the league.

Wilde and Tausch are pretty homer (not Tex like, but as much as media can be) like. They feel like Love is at the point where he is ready to start in the NFL. Great attitude, sponge in the classroom, and unlike shitbag's last year (sorry Tex but everybody but you know it's true) or two he's very very coachable. They are cheering for him; they are optimistic. But they are guarded in their praise.

BASED on what I've seen and heard, I fear the Green Bay Packers are entering NFL Purgatory. Having a good, but not great QB is a curse and that is what I think we're getting.

On a sidenote, when AROD won his first playoff game in GB, he was about the last guy off the field and TT was there, waiting for him and gave him a warm hug.

After Love's first game, guess who was in that tunnel to congratulate him with a hug. GUTEBAG is going to be Jordan's biggest fan.

smuggler
08-26-2023, 12:03 PM
I think the best case scenario is the black Philip Rivers. I'd be totally fine with that. I do not see an avenue for a HoF career for Love, but we don't realistically need that. We need consistency and high caliber play. That's on the table.

Realistically, I don't see a world where Love becomes Andy Dalton.

Joemailman
08-26-2023, 04:16 PM
I expect him to be a top ten in the NFL QB. That's pretty much what I expected from Rodgers. We'll see if he can exceed my expectations similar to the way Rodgers did.

Teamcheez1
08-26-2023, 05:14 PM
He will have more yards and TD’s than AR this year.

Fritz
08-26-2023, 10:57 PM
He will have more yards and TD’s than AR this year.

…and more interceptions.

Joemailman
08-26-2023, 11:10 PM
Jason Wilde has watched this guy practice for three years now. He also saw Rodgers from the start.

In regards, to Love, there were accuracy issues, a lot of them early on that were concerning. He couldn't throw a deep ball well at all. Wilde sings praises in terms of Love now as somebody who has worked his ass off to greatly improve himself as a thrower in terms of accuracy. He's cheering for him to find greatness. He says the accuracy is way improved, and he's throwing the deep balls ok

When Rodgers came in, Wilde noted he showed great arm strengh and while he was not ready, he flashed some great plays in practices. Mark Tauscher, tells a story of how when James Campen was the OL coach, he brough all of the OL into watch film in what I think was Rodgers 2nd or 3rd year. And he basically said....look at that f'cker make those throws. That is not normal at all, and this guy, is going to be a very very special QB in the league.

Wilde and Tausch are pretty homer (not Tex like, but as much as media can be) like. They feel like Love is at the point where he is ready to start in the NFL. Great attitude, sponge in the classroom, and unlike shitbag's last year (sorry Tex but everybody but you know it's true) or two he's very very coachable. They are cheering for him; they are optimistic. But they are guarded in their praise.

BASED on what I've seen and heard, I fear the Green Bay Packers are entering NFL Purgatory. Having a good, but not great QB is a curse and that is what I think we're getting.

On a sidenote, when AROD won his first playoff game in GB, he was about the last guy off the field and TT was there, waiting for him and gave him a warm hug.

After Love's first game, guess who was in that tunnel to congratulate him with a hug. GUTEBAG is going to be Jordan's biggest fan.

Rodgers didn't win his first playoff game in Green Bay until 2012. Was it that big of a deal by then?

call_me_ishmael
08-27-2023, 12:17 AM
Good post Bretsky. I agree with all of it. If he's Derek Carr that is the worst possible outcome and place to be. Give me the A or F.

Joemailman
08-27-2023, 12:42 AM
A lot depends on what kind of team you put around him. Eli Manning won 2 Super Bowls even though he was no Rodgers or Brady. Maybe Derek Carr isn't the reason the Raiders didn't win anything. Every team that Tom Brady won a Super Bowl with had a top 10 defense.

Anti-Polar Bear
08-27-2023, 09:03 AM
I think the best case scenario is the black Philip Rivers.

In medieval times, court jesters were permitted to poke fun of the royal family, including the head monarch.

Point being, unless you yourself are a jester like myself - in fact, I am a downtrodden jester not unlike Arthur Fleck (a village idiot, according to the Kentucky)- you ought not be race-baiting. As ole Cumby is fond of saying, whadda race gotta do with anything? Besides, Love is part white.

That being said, we need a poll.

Headline: How Will J-Love’s Career Play Out?

Categories:
A) Great Black hope (hall of famer)
B) Poor man’s Patrick Mahomes (good starter)
C) Poor man’s Dak Prescot (average starter)
D) Black man’s Steve Bono (career backup)
E) Can’t hold Butte’s jockstrap (bust)

Bretsky
08-27-2023, 09:12 AM
A lot depends on what kind of team you put around him. Eli Manning won 2 Super Bowls even though he was no Rodgers or Brady. Maybe Derek Carr isn't the reason the Raiders didn't win anything. Every team that Tom Brady won a Super Bowl with had a top 10 defense.

Would you ever trust a comob of Derek Carr and Joe Barry ? Or even Eli Manning and Joe Barry ? It's fun to give comps.

Right now Carr or Cousins (although I'm not sure he's near the accurary level of Cousins) might be the best two.

I fear he'll be "just" fine

texaspackerbacker
08-27-2023, 09:43 AM
In medieval times, court jesters were permitted to poke fun of the royal family, including the head monarch.

Point being, unless you yourself are a jester like myself - in fact, I am a downtrodden jester not unlike Arthur Fleck (a village idiot, according to the Kentucky)- you ought not be race-baiting. As ole Cumby is fond of saying, whadda race gotta do with anything? Besides, Love is part white.

That being said, we need a poll.

Headline: How Will J-Love’s Career Play Out?

Categories:
A) Great Black hope (hall of famer)
B) Poor man’s Patrick Mahomes (good starter)
C) Poor man’s Dak Prescot (average starter)
D) Black man’s Steve Bono (career backup)
E) Can’t hold Butte’s jockstrap (bust)

About 98 1/2% of the NFL QBs that ever played the game fit category E.

Fritz
08-27-2023, 10:57 AM
I don't get how APB could possibly describe Mahomes in the category of "good starter." What the hell, Tank. Did you finally just flip out instead of just flipping burgers?

run pMc
08-27-2023, 10:59 AM
Was listening to a podcast and they thought Love's best/worst case scenarios at this point were Matt Ryan (hey, he won an MVP and got to a SB) and Mitch Trubisky. That's probably not far off.
"Black Philip Rivers" wouldn't actually be awful; those Chargers teams often were very good in regular season and shat the bed because Martyball is not necessarily a winning formula against Peyton and Tom.

If Love is just mediocre - something like Andy Dalton, or possibly Derek Carr (who I think is above average on good days) - then they could have a problem where the team is a perennial wildcard round loser at best and never bad enough to have a shot to draft a better QB. The general consensus vibe I get is that he doesn't stink, but people either want him to bust terribly or succeed wildly.

run pMc
08-27-2023, 11:01 AM
I don't get how APB could possibly describe Mahomes in the category of "good starter." What the hell, Tank. Did you finally just flip out instead of just flipping burgers?

LOL yeah "poor man's Mahomes (good starter)" is a little tough to rationalize; some people talk about Mahomes like he could be the GOAT when all is said & done with his career. What does a poor man's version of that look like?

Joemailman
08-27-2023, 11:03 AM

He said Poor Man's Mahomes. That's not the same as Mahomes. They do have some similar traits. I think it's a good comparison.

Fritz
08-27-2023, 11:05 AM
Like this, I guess:

https://i.redd.it/kr6dl929qkm61.jpg

Anti-Polar Bear
08-27-2023, 01:42 PM
About 98 1/2% of the NFL QBs that ever played the game fit category E.

Ain’t gonna lie: watching Hard Knocks, I am already missing Butte. Oh well, hopefully Love’s good enough to make Sundays not so bleak.

Anti-Polar Bear
08-27-2023, 01:42 PM
He said Poor Man's Mahomes. That's not the same as Mahomes. They do have some similar traits. I think it's a good comparison.

Word.

wthigoot
08-27-2023, 02:10 PM
He's got the advantage of having had time to develop. This year will be about what you'd expect, good start against weaker teams, slump in the middle where schedule is toughest, good finish.

In college he was trying to do it all in his last year, if he starts to do that in NFL he will miss some time due to injury from taking some big hits. Little worried that there is no backup that can keep them in the race if he is injured this year.

If they have the players around him I think he will be in the playoffs most years, and has a decent chance to make a Super Bowl. His career might be shortened by injury, if so, plays until early 30s.

smuggler
08-27-2023, 02:20 PM
I suspect ARod is going to have a pretty nice year in NY. If Love outpaces him, we're sitting pretty.

King Friday
08-27-2023, 02:46 PM
He has plenty of arm talent. His accuracy is good, but not great. I’m not sure he will ever be great in that category, so I think the real question when it comes to Love is how well he can use his athleticism to make plays. As he gains comfort in the pocket, will he have that knack for taking off and picking up 8 yards, or escaping the pocket to extend a play.

The one thing that Love has going for him is a very talented, albeit young, set of receivers and TEs. If these guys all develop like they should, it will make Love’s job a hell of a lot easier. Watson has the talent to be the best WR on the team since Sharpe. Musgrave can be the impact TE that Rodgers rarely had. Reed appears to be an even more athletic Donald Driver. On top of that, you have Doubs and Kraft as well who could become solid starting caliber players. If Love can learn how to master the pocket and extend plays or pick up first downs on occasion with his legs, he has more than enough talent around him to create an elite offense.

He won’t be as good as Favre or Rodgers, but I think he could become an elite (top 8) starter for 5-7 years. For this year, 3500 yards passing and 2/1 TD to INT ratio is what I’m looking for. If he can produce that in year one, he will be a keeper to build on for the next decade.

RashanGary
08-27-2023, 05:25 PM
I’m kind of bored of football lately. But I am hoping love is the next HOFer because in 15 years, I want to talk shit to 55 year old bears fans who can’t remember a time in their entire lives where they could feel confident in beating the Packers.

smuggler
08-27-2023, 05:47 PM
Same, but for me that would be in 20 years.

RashanGary
08-27-2023, 06:20 PM
Same, but for me that would be in 20 years.

Bears fans who are 40 now were 9 in 1992 and they weren’t that good back then either. So in 15 years they’ll be 55. Regardless of your age, 15 years from now, bears fans who are 55 or younger will not remember a time the Packers weren’t big brother if love is it.

RashanGary
08-27-2023, 06:22 PM
And if that somehow happens, even if I don’t care about football at all, I’ll be even more excited about maybe landing one more and turning that 55 into 70 and hopefully they die that way too :lol:

smuggler
08-27-2023, 06:56 PM
I have been watching a lot of Justin Fields hype videos this offseason. I'm prepared for the possibility of him becoming good, but I will revel in his failure if it happens. Nothing personal, Justin. It's just, the Bears Still Suck.

Fritz
08-27-2023, 08:51 PM
I’m kind of bored of football lately. But I am hoping love is the next HOFer because in 15 years, I want to talk shit to 55 year old bears fans who can’t remember a time in their entire lives where they could feel confident in beating the Packers.

Justin! You’re back!

APB was worried about you. He . . . wait for it . . . put out an APB on you.

RashanGary
08-28-2023, 08:02 AM
Justin! You’re back!

APB was worried about you. He . . . wait for it . . . put out an APB on you.

Thanks! I just took pr off my front page of my browser and I’ve been busy as hell. So with it not being in my view, I slipped into never checking. Great to hear from you guys though! Pr is back up on the top page of my browser. I cant go through a football season with just my view unchecked. I come up with some crazy shit and need a little sensibility.

RashanGary
09-15-2023, 05:50 PM
Saw a QB power ranking. Love was 15, just ahead of Fields. Nice. But top 5 is where we feel real good about the pick and decision.

Fritz
09-15-2023, 06:24 PM
Saw a QB power ranking. Love was 15, just ahead of Fields. Nice. But top 5 is where we feel real good about the pick and decision.

First year as a starter, man. You've got to wait until, say, midway through next season to really get much as far as value from that kind of info. He's still a wet-behind-the-ears kid, though I do think the Packers being able to sit him for three years, like they did with Rodgers, is a great help to a young QB.

MadScientist
09-15-2023, 07:08 PM

He needs more tape and a bit more accuracy.

texaspackerbacker
09-16-2023, 11:15 AM
True, it's still too early to crown him the next big thing. He's off to a damn good start, though, and out of 32 teams, I very much doubt 14 of them have QBs better than Love.

RashanGary
09-16-2023, 07:39 PM
True, it's still too early to crown him the next big thing. He's off to a damn good start, though, and out of 32 teams, I very much doubt 14 of them have QBs better than Love.

You might be right on this one. I liked seeing the Twitter cut ups and commentary from the former QBs. There were several where he was looking guys off and moving the defense around with his eyes. A lot of guys struggle to do the basics, so seeing him adding in extra complexity and making it work for him…. That’s a good sign. We never questioned his physical talent. That was already upper tier. So seeing him do the mental side at a very high level….. he might be the next one. The odds of three in a row is ridiculously slim. But my hopes are up for the first time.

RashanGary
09-16-2023, 07:57 PM
As of 2010 l, since 1967, 86 quarterbacks were drafted in the first round and 6 had made the HOF. I’m sure more made it since and will still make it like Rodgers and maybe Eli and rivers and Ben. Let’s just call it 10 HOFers or 12 to be extra safe.

12/86 = 14%

I’m sure the odds are more slim after the top 20 picks. Let’s say 10% chance

10% chance of hitting 1. We did it three times in a row. That’s like 1 in a 1000 odds. And we might have done it!

RashanGary
09-16-2023, 08:06 PM
I think hitting on a quarterback between picks 20 and 32 is probably a little more likely when the team who drafts them has a 36 year old HOF qb already on the roster and aren’t having to draft a QB. And then they get to learn for 3 years behind the HOFer too.

Just like number of teams that miss when they’re desperate and have to take one are probably a lot worse.

1 in 1000 is still close to the odds of being able to hit three in a row after pick 20.

RashanGary
09-16-2023, 08:08 PM
If it somehow happens, I imagine it would be quite a long time before anyone ever repeated the feat.