PDA

View Full Version : Packers fan mail

woodbuck27
09-17-2006, 01:37 AM
Posted September 16, 2006

Packers fan mail

Management is ruining the Packers' reputation

LITTLE FALLS, Minn. — I want to express simple disgust in how the organization of the Green Bay Packers has fallen. I'm not saying I am looking for a Super Bowl win every year, but I blame management for putting an uncompetitive team on the field. Where is our pride and our intelligence in running this organization? It is hard seeing management running an organization into the ground over the past few years.

I have been a Packers fan for all 37 years of my life and never have I seen less heart in a team and coaching staff than this year. Poor choices from management to coaching have left us looking at another four-win year, or worse.

I have been in upper management for many years and would not have a job if I were to run a company like the management of the Packers is running the organization.

Mike Zawatzke

Brett Favre: Michelangelo with a set of crayons

HOWARD — When you respect someone's talents, you want them to have the tools they need to use them. Can you imagine giving Michelangelo a butter knife to sculpt, and crayons to create his art?

Can you imagine giving Shakespeare chalk to write his plays and sonnets?

Can you imagine the frustration Brett Favre must feel?

Don Behrendt

Football shouldn't be Robinson's top priority

GREEN BAY — Koren Robinson is a good guy. He says so. Thompson says so. Everybody says so. So? What's the problem?

Does he keep risking arrest because he's too stupid to subtract $545,000 a year (Packers) from $4.2 million a year (Vikings) for a net loss of $3.6 million annually? Is he too stupid to know that, by breaking parole, he may end up living in a small place with a roommate and a bad view, making maybe 25 cents an hour?

I'll give Robinson the benefit of the doubt. He's not stupid. He knows.

I'd say he just can't help it because he has alcoholism, a disease for which there's no cure; one can only control it day by day.

He doesn't stand alone. Free Alcoholics Anonymous meetings are held in every city, every day at any hour. Robinson doesn't need an expensive substance-abuse program. He'd only need to accept who and what he is, while attending meetings, exchanging hope and support with others like him.

Ted "This is a Good Kid" Thompson hired Robinson because he can carry a ball far and fast without being knocked down. I think Robinson has bigger fish to fry.

Mark Weiss

Robinson's signing defies what Packers stand for

GRAND FORKS, N.D. — I was born in Green Bay. I've been a Packers fan all my life, and still am. I'm old enough to remember being proud of the Pack sending Mossy Cade, James Lofton and Mark Chmura packing after their transgressions. The Pack has always "done the right thing," not accepting less-than-solid citizens in their moves.

The signing of Koren Robinson goes against everything the Pack has stood for in its storied history (at least what I remember of the last 40-plus years).

How naïve am I? I thought the week couldn't get any worse (Packers-wise) after the total debacle of the Bears game, and now this. Yes, Koren deserves chances — just not in Green Bay.

Color me not impressed. The Packers Nation will survive days and seasons like this, but that doesn't make it acceptable.

Don Barcome Jr.

Robinson's signing is a humiliating decision

HOPKINS, Minn. — We are Packers fans trapped in Minnesota. We live with the slams when management lets players slip away to the Vikings. But no matter what, we could always hold up the character of the team as being above reproach. But now ... Koren Robinson? What a humiliating move. We have signed a player from the morally bankrupt Vikings! BOOOO!

Sue McCarville

Hold Harlan accountable for collapse of Packers

OSHKOSH — The person who should be held accountable for the collapse of the Packers is Bob Harlan. If he wasn't so concerned about his legacy (buildings, statues, luxury boxes, etc.) instead of the team, we would not have this atrocity.

Reloading a team rather than rebuilding should have been apparent to the head of the Packers. Instead, being cheap, they got rid of Darren Sharper, Ryan Longwell and Mike Wahle. There goes the chemistry of the offense, defense and special teams. You can't blame the coach for this debacle. It's the man at the top and he has allowed this to happen.

Fritz Krueger

Packnut
09-17-2006, 11:05 AM
I agree with Fritz. Harlan made Sherman the GM and now with us being the laughingstock of the league along with the raiders, it won't get any better for quite a while. Harlan no longer gets a free pass due to the Wolf hiring.

Tarlam!
09-17-2006, 11:22 AM
Sod The Non-Believers, TT

I want to say, I do not agree with letting Samkon go. That's for sentimental reasons, though, TT. The man certainly has not lived upto expectations.

That's why I am delighted that you are in charge of the team and not me and certainly not most on my forum.

I bet you must cringe every time a fan spits in your face, TT. I know how devastating it must be, knowing the likes of football-God Cliff Hanger Christl fully disapprove of your doings. Still you perservere and I, for one, and thankful that you were employed.

You purged the roster of expensive soon-to-be-has-beens, current malcontents and maybe-never-will-be's.

Yes, you blew a wad of doe on Woodson and Marquand still disappoints. They may yet come around.

I am glad you honoured DD and Kampy with serious contracts. I am glad you told Al' Harris to play football.

I am for the life of me trying to figure out whose guards we could have signed to avoid starting three rookies in two weeks, but hell, I have no idea either.

As for your drafts, well, time will tell.

I hope people will give you the time to implement your plan. They may not understand it, neither do I. The main thing is, you and your staff get it.

Signed, The Sports Idiot

Packnut
09-17-2006, 11:37 AM

I want to say, I do not agree with letting Samkon go. That's for sentimental reasons, though, TT. The man certainly has not lived upto expectations.

That's why I am delighted that you are in charge of the team and not me and certainly not most on my forum.

I bet you must cringe every time a fan spits in your face, TT. I know how devastating it must be, knowing the likes of football-God Cliff Hanger Christl fully disapprove of your doings. Still you perservere and I, for one, and thankful that you were employed.

You purged the roster of expensive soon-to-be-has-beens, current malcontents and maybe-never-will-be's.

Yes, you blew a wad of doe on Woodson and Marquand still disappoints. They may yet come around.

I am glad you honoured DD and Kampy with serious contracts. I am glad you told Al' Harris to play football.

I am for the life of me trying to figure out whose guards we could have signed to avoid starting three rookies in two weeks, but hell, I have no idea either.

I hope people will give you the time to implement your plan. They may not understand it, neither do I. The main thing is, you and your staff get it.

Signed, The Sports Idiot

Hey don't forget to add all the NICE things being said about us today on tv as well. Gotta thank him for that!

falco
09-17-2006, 11:40 AM

Signed, The Sports Idiot

Tarlam, I wonder if you would say Mike Sherman should have been afforded the same benefit of the doubt. :shock:

Tarlam!
09-17-2006, 12:00 PM
Falco, Sherman made the mess TT is trying to clean up. But, I was loyal to him when he was here.

woodbuck27
09-17-2006, 12:32 PM
I agree with Fritz. Harlan made Sherman the GM and now with us being the laughingstock of the league along with the raiders, it won't get any better for quite a while. Harlan no longer gets a free pass due to the Wolf hiring.

Bob Harlan is the Ultimate choice for any failure that we see and endure in Ted Thompson's inadequate decision making overall as OUR GM to date..

Isn't it nice for Bob Harlan. He will soon be able to leave the -ve and /or + legacy of TT as OUR GM behind; another will have to decide based on results, if future employment of Ted Thompson GREEN BAY PACKER GM is warranted.

Ted Thompson has a ton of catching up to do,based on his tenure as OUR GM to date, he's not doing well.

Ted Thompson's latest moves, regarding acquisition's of WR/KR Koren Robinson (a clear error) and RB Vernand Morency (not a prudent trade - based on his method of carelessness) are on the books.

It's clear to me, that Ted Thompson is failing as OUR GM, in regards to the overall responsibility and function of his needs for "the Green Bay Packers".

Ted Thompson is making a mockery of the Green Bay Packer Organization's long reputation, of rightfully deserved PRIDE. In it's excellent status recognition in the NFL amongst other long established organizations.

Ted Thompson is revealing himself as not the long term solution we need as OUR GM.

It's way over the TOP in OUR faces now. His incompetence is beginning to show.

Ted Thompson has to clean up his act soon.

retailguy
09-17-2006, 02:25 PM
Falco, Sherman made the mess TT is trying to clean up. But, I was loyal to him when he was here.

not true tarlam!. TT is reponsible for the mess on the line. Sherman was responsible for having little depth, but he's had two seasons to find talent, and still hasn't fielded a good line. That's on Thompson.

Let it go. The Sherman era is OVER.