PDA

View Full Version : WEEK ONE----DO WE WIN OR LOSE ??

Bretsky
09-03-2023, 11:57 AM
What say you rats.

Time to put up, or shut up.

How confident are you that the Packers win in week one ??

texaspackerbacker
09-03-2023, 12:13 PM
Bottom line: the Bears still suck.

The poll maybe shoulda asked, will the Packers and Love look great and fire everybody up for a great season? Or will struggle to an ugly win? That would be closer to a coin flip, but optimist that I am, I'd still go with the positive.

bobblehead
09-03-2023, 01:51 PM
Love vs. Fields for the future of the division. In the greatest rivalry in sports. What a game.

Fritz
09-03-2023, 01:53 PM
What say you rats.

Time to put up, or shut up.

How confident are you that the Packers win in week one ??

Joe Barry’s run defense is a sieve. Jordan Love shows flashes but has a rocky day. Same with young receivers. Packers lose, fans panic immediately.

Anti-Polar Bear
09-03-2023, 02:24 PM
Love vs. Fields for the future of the division. In the greatest rivalry in sports. What a game.

lol

At this time next year, Shedeur Sanders and Caleb Williams could be starting for the Packers and Bears, respectively.

Fuck tanking for Archibald Manning. Tank for Shedeur Sanders!

MadScientist
09-03-2023, 03:15 PM
Bears were the worst team in the league last year. They haven't suddenly become good. The Packers have improved at most position groups and Love should be able to match what Rodgers did last year, if not exceed it. Plus the Packers actually played their starters in preseason, so they won't look like shit in the first game. Packers win 27-10 and the wailing from the Bears fans will be sweet to hear.

Joemailman
09-03-2023, 03:26 PM
Packers defensive front is better then the Bears offensive line. And the Packers offensive line is darned good. I think the Packers win this one in the trenches. As long as Packers don't let Fields run wild, they have most of the advantages.

Oscar
09-03-2023, 04:21 PM
I'm figuring the Packers win by 16. The kid misses his first extra point attempt. Defense all the way.

RashanGary
09-03-2023, 04:48 PM
Gotta love packer fans confidence! We’ve had 30 years of HOF qb play. We always expect to win.

Bretsky
09-03-2023, 05:59 PM
Joe Barry’s run defense is a sieve. Jordan Love shows flashes but has a rocky day. Same with young receivers. Packers lose, fans panic immediately.

This could really happen. I have not decided who I think is going to win. I predicted 7-10. There are going to be a lot of up and downs this season.

We have an unproven QB, we're the youngest team in the NFL, we don't know how well Rashan Gary is, our #2 CB is injured, and our safeties are not really that good. All of our WR's and TE's are very young. There are going to be a lot of growing pains IMO

Bretsky
09-03-2023, 06:00 PM
The Bears OL is still pretty bad; we do have a big advantage there.

smuggler
09-03-2023, 08:18 PM
Bears were the worst team in the league last year. They haven't suddenly become good. The Packers have improved at most position groups and Love should be able to match what Rodgers did last year, if not exceed it. Plus the Packers actually played their starters in preseason, so they won't look like shit in the first game. Packers win 27-10 and the wailing from the Bears fans will be sweet to hear.

The Bears D is actually worse this year. Fields is going to suffer this year, which kinda makes me feel bad for him...

MadtownPacker
09-04-2023, 12:49 PM
New guy sets the tone for the future of the rivalry.

Fritz
09-04-2023, 05:14 PM
The Bears OL is still pretty bad; we do have a big advantage there.

Come on people, how many Packer games have we watched over the years where we said this EXACT thing, only to watch some no-name running back rush for well over one hundred yards?

Last year this time I was high on the Packer defense. And they dropped a bunch of turds most of the season.

Bretsky
09-04-2023, 07:49 PM
And how have we been the last couple years in our season opener ?

And who is da Bears OC right now.......prolly a guy we should've kept there

Joemailman
09-04-2023, 08:38 PM
And how have we been the last couple years in our season opener ?

And who is da Bears OC right now.......prolly a guy we should've kept there

Why do you say we should have kept him? What was so great about the Bears offense last year? Bears had by far the worst passing offense in the NFL last year.

RashanGary
09-04-2023, 09:41 PM
Packers defensive front is better then the Bears offensive line. And the Packers offensive line is darned good. I think the Packers win this one in the trenches. As long as Packers don't let Fields run wild, they have most of the advantages.

Pretty much sums it up. Unless fields transforms into a great player and love flops, we should win.

texaspackerbacker
09-04-2023, 09:57 PM
Fields reminds me of the first few seasons of the Vikings - they had Tarkenton and virtually nothing else. It still was frustrating at times, though, to see the guy run all over hell and occasionally pull a TD pass out of his ass.

RashanGary
09-04-2023, 10:38 PM
Fields reminds me of the first few seasons of the Vikings - they had Tarkenton and virtually nothing else. It still was frustrating at times, though, to see the guy run all over hell and occasionally pull a TD pass out of his ass.

That’s not the comp I was hoping to hear.

texaspackerbacker
09-04-2023, 11:52 PM
Back in the day, we beat Tarkenton the great majority of the time - because like the Bears now, the rest of his team was so bad, not to mention, Lombardi's Packers were so good, kinda like today's Packers too.

Fritz
09-05-2023, 09:18 AM
Back in the day, we beat Tarkenton the great majority of the time - because like the Bears now, the rest of his team was so bad, not to mention, Lombardi's Packers were so good, kinda like today's Packers too.

I looked it up. Green Bay was 14 - 13 - 1 against Tarkenton-led teams. That's not what I'd call "the great majority of the time." But it was better than what I thought.

texaspackerbacker
09-05-2023, 10:16 AM
A lot of that was after the Lombardi era - when it was a great majority of the time.

Fritz
09-05-2023, 10:32 AM
A lot of that was after the Lombardi era - when it was a great majority of the time.

The classic Tex move when Patlerized: "Well, I didn't mean it like that. I meant it like this, so I was still right."

Say what you mean the first time, Tex.

ThunderDan
09-05-2023, 11:00 AM
Also, during the Lombardi era, the Vikings were just added to the NFL and had been formed in 1959. We should be kicking the Tampa Bay equivalent from the 1970s ass.

texaspackerbacker
09-05-2023, 12:15 PM
I suppose I should have specified it to begin with hahahaha - so nice to have a God damned truth squad.

I remember the very first Packer/Vikings game, also Tarkenton's first game vs he Packers because it was my Confirmation Day - I had a bad look on all the pictures because I was getting called away from watchng the game (a 37-13 win as I recall - I suppose somebody will look that one up too hahahaha). In those days and for the rest of the Lombardi era, he did that scrambling thing a lot like Fields now. It was frustrating to watch, but since ya'all like to look things up, maybe check how many times we beat him in those early years. Sure, Tarkenton overlapped into the Bengtson years and maybe beyond, and he probably was still around when the damned Vikings got to and blew the Super Bowl (you can check that one too hahahaha).

The point being, when I said "back in the day" (if I said that), I meant when Tarkenton was at the stage of his career that Fields is now.

King Friday
09-05-2023, 06:10 PM
Jordan Love is about to take his first step into ownership…of the Chicago Bears. Because that is what a GB QB does.

Rutnstrut
09-05-2023, 10:25 PM
IF they lose. I think it will be close, and the new kicker is what will cost them.

Fritz
09-06-2023, 06:43 AM
I suppose I should have specified it to begin with hahahaha - so nice to have a God damned truth squad.

I remember the very first Packer/Vikings game, also Tarkenton's first game vs he Packers because it was my Confirmation Day - I had a bad look on all the pictures because I was getting called away from watchng the game (a 37-13 win as I recall - I suppose somebody will look that one up too hahahaha). In those days and for the rest of the Lombardi era, he did that scrambling thing a lot like Fields now. It was frustrating to watch, but since ya'all like to look things up, maybe check how many times we beat him in those early years. Sure, Tarkenton overlapped into the Bengtson years and maybe beyond, and he probably was still around when the damned Vikings got to and blew the Super Bowl (you can check that one too hahahaha).

The point being, when I said "back in the day" (if I said that), I meant when Tarkenton was at the stage of his career that Fields is now.

People who hold you just a l-e-e-e-t-l-e bit accountable for the crap you throw around sometimes?

You might not like it, but it matters.

bobblehead
09-08-2023, 12:08 PM
IF they lose. I think it will be close, and the new kicker is what will cost them.

I said they were a 9-8 team that would be fine finishing 5-12 with a top 8 pick due to rookie K/P. Then they can decide if the potential is playing out or they can move on after this young roster has a year under its belt. We aren't winning an Owl, might as well get a top pick and hope one of the 2 work out.

Vincenzo
09-09-2023, 12:30 AM

No shit man.
I bet we take this game.

Upnorth
09-10-2023, 09:31 AM
Very excited to see the start of love Era. I am worried about our slow starts but the bears are a bad team.
Man I hope I feel this good or better tonight.

GPG!

smuggler
09-11-2023, 11:51 AM
The classic Tex move when Patlerized: "Well, I didn't mean it like that. I meant it like this, so I was still right."

Say what you mean the first time, Tex.

Tarkenton was 2-10 as a starter against the Packers from his rookie year in 1961 to Lombardi's last season as Packers coach in 1967.

After further review, tex was right. Fritz is charged with a timeout and has one challenge remaining.

Tarkenton ran for only one rushing TD in that time, his rookie season. He threw 12 TD passes and 21 INTs in that span.

Fritz
09-11-2023, 01:05 PM
Tarkenton was 2-10 as a starter against the Packers from his rookie year in 1961 to Lombardi's last season as Packers coach in 1967.

After further review, tex was right. Fritz is charged with a timeout and has one challenge remaining.

Tarkenton ran for only one rushing TD in that time, his rookie season. He threw 12 TD passes and 21 INTs in that span.

AND I was wrong in my prediction for the game.

Fuck.

Apologies to you, Tex.

smuggler
09-11-2023, 01:42 PM
I know at the time it probably felt good that those Vikings teams collapsed in the big game, but I do feel bad for those old-timers who never got to achieve the pinnacle of greatness. Kinda like Ahman Green on those tweener Packers teams. Not quite.

Especially since a lot of the old-timers are fading away now.

MadtownPacker
09-11-2023, 01:59 PM
I'm figuring the Packers win by 16. The kid misses his first extra point attempt. Defense all the way.
What the …. Damn, had you in the list of potentially deceased accounts. :lol:

MadtownPacker
09-11-2023, 02:01 PM
New guy sets the tone for the future of the rivalry.
See that Tex, I was riding with you the whole way unlike that Fritz trying to wash your balls now after you straightened the stupid out of him.

bobblehead
09-11-2023, 04:13 PM

Fuck.

Apologies to you, Tex.

Never apologize to Tex. Its like feeding a stray.

smuggler
09-11-2023, 04:58 PM
Bretsky, CaptainD, Fosco33, Vincenzo, Fritz, Tony Oday

This group owes the Packer faithful a little penance. I think at least in Tony Oday's case it's some sort of weird reverse-jinx gris-gris shit, but it does not matter. Each of you pony up, go out on your front porch, spank yourself, and say thirteen Hail Marys to St. Vincent.

sharpe1027
09-11-2023, 07:23 PM
In other news, the Bears still suck.

texaspackerbacker
09-11-2023, 07:37 PM

Fuck.

Apologies to you, Tex.

Thanks Fritz. Good job with your additional research about Tarkenton.

As for the Bears game, predictions are predictions. Some work, some don't.

I am completely confident in saying AGAIN though, this Packers team is loaded even if Love is just mediocre. And it's beginning to look like Love is pretty far above that level.

MadScientist
09-11-2023, 11:21 PM

I am completely confident in saying AGAIN though, this Packers team is loaded even if Love is just mediocre. And it's beginning to look like Love is pretty far above that level.

Mediocre might be a bit of a stretch. This team isn't the 2000 Ravens that won with Dilfert. But if Love is good (and indications are that he is), the Packers will be very good. There's enough talent that he doesn't need to be peak Rodgers or Favre.

RashanGary
09-13-2023, 04:19 PM

The OL has been awful for 15 years and now with the same guys is great.

The rest of the team was ok for 15 years and Rodgers carried them and now they’re loaded even though it’s mostly the same guys playing.

You really are the most stubborn ass in the whole world, Tex :lol:

Fritz
09-13-2023, 05:13 PM
See that Tex, I was riding with you the whole way unlike that Fritz trying to wash your balls now after you straightened the stupid out of him.

Holy shit. I didn’t know standing up and admitting you’re wrong was ball washing. I thought that’s what a real man does. But maybe it’s different in Mexico. Or maybe it’s different with the young punk generation.

texaspackerbacker
09-13-2023, 06:39 PM
Not awful then, RG, just overrated. Not great now, just one damn good game against a possibly pathetic team.

They improved their run game, at least inside running last year. Hopefully, they will continue to look good this season both run and pass blocking - we'll see.

One thing I've observed over time, playing together with not much turnover tends to make O Lines better. We pretty much have that going for us.

sharpe1027
09-13-2023, 08:15 PM
The OL has been awful for 15 years and now with the same guys is great.

The rest of the team was ok for 15 years and Rodgers carried them and now they’re loaded even though it’s mostly the same guys playing.

You really are the most stubborn ass in the whole world, Tex :lol:

Mic drop.

texaspackerbacker
09-13-2023, 11:00 PM
There's a clique of dumbshits in here who seem to think just because they get pats on the back and agreement within their group, they are somehow right or agreed with outside of their clique in here.

Good sense and observability says they're wrong.

sharpe1027
09-14-2023, 01:11 AM
There's a clique of dumbshits in here who seem to think just because they get pats on the back and agreement within their group, they are somehow right or agreed with outside of their clique in here.

There's no conspiracy or clique. You're just wrong and can't admit it.

texaspackerbacker
09-14-2023, 04:46 PM
The test will be when Bakhtiari is not around - sooner or later. Will the Packers O Line drop off a lot or stay the same or better? Arguably, in the past without him there was no drop off - or are ya'all sacred cow worshipers in denial about that too?

sharpe1027
09-14-2023, 07:06 PM
The test will be when Bakhtiari is not around - sooner or later. Will the Packers O Line drop off a lot or stay the same or better? Arguably, in the past without him there was no drop off - or are ya'all sacred cow worshipers in denial about that too?

Fuck you, Tex. A few people think Bahk is not as bad as you think and you create a derogatory label "sacred cow worshipers" to make it sound like they've got some extreme view.

At least you're consistent.

bobblehead
09-14-2023, 08:24 PM

As someone who is probably Yosh's biggest fan, I will say you are high if you think there was no drop off. We continually had TEs and RBs chip to help on the blindside whenever Bak has missed time. I understand you are a VERY casual fan and don't notice things like that, but you have been here for over a decade while we discuss such things. I would think at least a little bit of knowledge would rub off.

texaspackerbacker
09-15-2023, 05:44 AM
How many games was Bakhtiari out when they went 14-3? How did they do when he was back playing last season?

Rub off? Sheeeesh. Dumbasses parroting media and things like PFF doesn't trump what can be easily observed in my book.

As I said in an earlier post, sooner or later, ya'all will be without your sacred cow, and the test of it all will be how the team does without him - in general and running outside left in particular ..... but I bet the worshipers will still be in denial even when the team does as good or better without him.

sharpe1027
09-15-2023, 07:09 AM
How many games was Bakhtiari out when they went 14-3? How did they do when he was back playing last season?

Rub off? Sheeeesh. Dumbasses parroting media and things like PFF doesn't trump what can be easily observed in my book.

As I said in an earlier post, sooner or later, ya'all will be without your sacred cow, and the test of it all will be how the team does without him - in general and running outside left in particular ..... but I bet the worshipers will still be in denial even when the team does as good or better without him.

Let's apply this logic to Rodgers's last year vs Love this year. If the have a better record this year, can we call you a sacred cow worshiper for Rodgers?

SudsMcBucky
09-15-2023, 08:27 AM

The thing Bakh does excellent is NOT run block to the left. It's protecting the blind side in pass pro.

bobblehead
09-15-2023, 01:07 PM

Cliques would be 2 or more groups of at least somewhat sizeable amounts. This is Tex thinks one thing and LITERALLY EVERYONE ELSE DISAGREES!!!

bobblehead
09-15-2023, 01:10 PM
The thing Bakh does excellent is NOT run block to the left. It's protecting the blind side in pass pro.

But he is actually much better than he gets credit for. People always want to think of a superior run block as road grading someone. Simply sealing off a lane works just fine.

Joemailman
09-15-2023, 01:45 PM
But he is actually much better than he gets credit for. People always want to think of a superior run block as road grading someone. Simply sealing off a lane works just fine.

I guess I've always been okay with Bakhtiari's run blocking because he brings much more to the table than Chad Clifton. Clifton was a true dancing bear and was a better pure pass blocker than Bakhtiari. But Bakhtiari is the better overall player. Bakhtiari and Jenkins playing side by side are quite good.

MadtownPacker
09-15-2023, 02:16 PM
Holy shit. I didn’t know standing up and admitting you’re wrong was ball washing. I thought that’s what a real man does. But maybe it’s different in Mexico. Or maybe it’s different with the young punk generation.
I was trying to give Tex his moment. It usually only happens once a season but way early this year that a poster will tell him he is right.
I can’t tell you about Mexico haven’t visited in 30 years. Where my father was from is way too crazy to visit for over a decade. Sadly no one on here including APB/Tank is young enough to be from the “young punk” generation.

texaspackerbacker
09-15-2023, 05:01 PM
Because so many of them are too damn dumb to go with what is easily observable. Honestly, I don't give a shit what that clique of wrongheaded posters spew out.

You've been away from Mexico that long? I've been there less time ago than that, the border area anyway. It doesn't seem all that bad on the surface - less slum-like than 40 or so years ago, although I suppose there's a LOT of bad shit going on that isn't immediately visible.

About Bakhtiari as a run blocker, the question the worshipers don't/can't answer is why is there so little success running outside on his side of the field compared to the highly successful inside zone stuff? And pass blocking? I never said he was bad, just kinda overrated, There's every bit as much pressure if not more coming from his area that the middle or right side. He ain't Marshall House, but he ain't a complete wall over there either.

ThunderDan
09-15-2023, 05:10 PM
I see now. If you run inside effectively only the C and 2 Gs did anything.

RashanGary
09-15-2023, 05:55 PM
I see now. If you run inside effectively only the C and 2 Gs did anything.

Says nothing of your running back being particularly good at making linebackers miss in tight quarters either.

texaspackerbacker
09-16-2023, 11:19 AM
Let's apply this logic to Rodgers's last year vs Love this year. If the have a better record this year, can we call you a sacred cow worshiper for Rodgers?

what????

sharpe1027
09-16-2023, 12:00 PM
what????

I'll take that as a yes.

Fritz
09-16-2023, 05:23 PM
I'll take that as a yes.

Only when Rodgers wore the green and gold. Gotta give Tex some credit there. He doesn’t give a flying fuck about Rodgers any more, as best as I can tell.