View Full Version : Packers ticket prices plummet

woodbuck27
09-17-2006, 01:43 AM
Posted September 15, 2006

Packers ticket prices plummet

Loss to Bears slows demand

By Paul Srubas
psrubas@greenbaypressgazette.com

Sunday's Packers-Saints matchup is only the second game of the season, so it's too early to say interest in the team is dying, said Frank Hickey of Fox River Tickets in De Pere.

But "there are a lot of sellers," he said. "The market is weak. There are more sellers than buyers."

As the Green Bay faithful brace for what has the look of a long and humbling campaign, Packers tickets aren't as prized, or as hard to find, as they were when the team had the look of a contender.

Tickets to Sunday's game were selling for as little as $89 apiece Thursday at Ticket King, a brokerage a block from Lambeau Field. The price dropped $20 since the season opener, manager Josh Anderson said. "There's no question that prices have come down," Anderson said. "Last week, before we played the Bears, I think we were at $109 for our cheapest tickets to the Saints. Now, we're at $89."

Hickey has plenty of tickets available, and if you had a pair of end-zone seats you wanted to sell, you'd have a tough time piquing his interest.

"For face value? That's a fair offer," he said. "I could probably sell them for $75 or $80 if I could find the right buyer."

On the other hand, if you had anything between the 20-yard lines and between rows 17 and 25, he'd probably take them off your hands for $110.

"And I'd sell them at $130, maybe $135," he said."

Sales have been good for the game, he said. It's just that tickets aren't commanding the high prices that they did a few years ago.

— Ed Lowe/The Post-Crescent of Appleton contributed to this report.

mmmdk
09-17-2006, 01:46 AM
Some people only sing when they're winning. Bandwagon brats.

PaCkFan_n_MD
09-17-2006, 08:08 AM
I thought this was never a problem with green bay. A big reason why I love this team is because the fans always cheer (rooting for a VICTORY) even when were losing. This is very disappointing news. I guess I shouldn't be surprised though, as there’s many people on this forum who want to see the packers lose this year just to get a high draft pick. :crazy:

Scott Campbell
09-17-2006, 08:21 AM
I thought this was never a problem with green bay. A big reason why I love this team is because the fans always cheer (rooting for a VICTORY) even when were losing. This is very disappointing news. I guess I shouldn't be surprised though, as there’s many people on this forum who want to see the packers lose this year just to get a high draft pick. :crazy:

I'm not sure how much of a problem it is for the Packers. This is hurting the scalpers more than the team. Every game is still sold out, and probably will be forever.

Rastak
09-17-2006, 08:45 AM

I'm not sure how much of a problem it is for the Packers. This is hurting the scalpers more than the team. Every game is still sold out, and probably will be forever.

I'll be watching the prices for the Vikes-Pack.....might be a good year to finally see Lambeau and the town of Green Bay.

Scott Campbell
09-17-2006, 08:54 AM
I'll be watching the prices for the Vikes-Pack.....might be a good year to finally see Lambeau and the town of Green Bay.

Nothing but happy news for Rastak today. Steve Smith isn't playing.