View Full Version : More Banjo - Packers vs Saints

Joemailman
09-24-2023, 03:20 PM
What did we just see?

Jordan Love - 259 yards passing 1 TD 39 yards rushing 1 TD

Doubs 5-73, 1 TD

Reed 3-63

Packers 11 penalties, 90 yards

Give it up to the defense. Gave up 10 points.

jklowan
09-24-2023, 03:21 PM
Gary with 3 sacks

King Friday
09-24-2023, 03:21 PM
What did we just see?

The opposite of last week.

jklowan
09-24-2023, 03:22 PM
game ball to the Saints kicker

MadtownPacker
09-24-2023, 03:23 PM
game ball to the Saints kicker
Pussy talk. I honestly believe Love drives down the field for the game-winning field goal regardless. Plenty of time left.

jklowan
09-24-2023, 03:25 PM
toosie pop talk

Bretsky
09-24-2023, 03:29 PM
Rashan MVP of the game for injuring their starting QB so their offense dies and we win :)

MadtownPacker
09-24-2023, 03:30 PM
But how many bites does it take to get to the center?

Joemailman
09-24-2023, 03:30 PM
Love still doesn't have a successful 2 minute drill for a win.

King Friday
09-24-2023, 03:36 PM
This game is all about Love. MLF completely abandoned the run in the 4Q and put the game in Love’s hands. It was the correct decision. Love did not get flustered by a few drops or miscues. He kept going, LEADING. He showed confidence. He showed swagger. He gets an instant classic in his Lambeau debut.

We are only three games in, but it continues to look more and more like Love will become a top tier QB in this league.

Sparkey
09-24-2023, 03:36 PM
What did we just see?

Jordan Love - 259 yards passing 1 TD 39 yards rushing 1 TD

Doubs 5-73, 1 TD

Reed 3-63

Packers 11 penalties, 90 yards

Give it up to the defense. Gave up 10 points.

3 points. ST gave up the punt return. Lol can't count, it was 10.

texaspackerbacker
09-24-2023, 03:38 PM
The last game I went to in person was that day Rodgers came back from the injury and they did the same as today, 17 down in the 4th and they came back to win it.

There are times when the other team seems better (that day anyway) - last week for example. Then there are days when you just know, the Packers are better and just need to avoid the shit. That was my feeling today even in the depths of despair down 17-0.

Never was that song more true - ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE. I'll get around to praising the rest of the team after I have a snack and calm down.

Teamcheez1
09-24-2023, 03:39 PM
We seemed to have even more injuries today.

Any updates?

King Friday
09-24-2023, 03:40 PM
Never was that song more true - ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE. I'll get around to praising the rest of the team after I have a snack and calm down.

You wanted Rodgers. No singing for you.

pittstang5
09-24-2023, 03:41 PM
This game is all about Love. MLF completely abandoned the run in the 4Q and put the game in Love’s hands. It was the correct decision. Love did not get flustered by a few drops or miscues. He kept going, LEADING. He showed confidence. He showed swagger. He gets an instant classic in his Lambeau debut.

We are only three games in, but it continues to look more and more like Love will become a top tier QB in this league.

THIS! YES!

Joemailman
09-24-2023, 04:19 PM
We seemed to have even more injuries today.

Any updates?

MLF didn't say anything about the injuries in his PC. All the questions, understandably, were about what happened in the 4th quarter.

MadtownPacker
09-24-2023, 04:24 PM
Despite several WRs trying their best at times Love completed 0 eyerolls all game.

RashanGary
09-24-2023, 04:46 PM
Despite several WRs trying their best at times Love completed 0 eyerolls all game.

I saw an eye roll when reed dropped the short out pass near the end zone.

ThunderDan
09-24-2023, 04:49 PM
I didn’t post in the game day thread. I was keeping defensive alignment snaps in the first half and quit at halftime.

If my numbers are right, we had 31 plays in defense not counting punts and FG tries.

We ran our base D, 3-4 with 3 big fatties, on 9 plays or around 30% of the time. I think this is more than usual. The Saints only had two big runs in the first half. Both were against our base D. Both plays the OLB crashed down and the Saints were able to get the edge.

It was hard to tell nickel from dime because the camera is on the line at the snap. I had 12 plays at least in nickel and the other 10 I wasn’t sure if dime or nickel.

ThunderDan
09-24-2023, 04:54 PM
I am shocked that the Saints went so pass heavy in the 2nd half. Even running ineffectively burns clock.

texaspackerbacker
09-24-2023, 05:01 PM
hahahahaha not eyerolls, but he did give them a "look" several times - well deserved look.

Don't we have "studs and duds" threads anymore?

Before I get into the plethora of studs and maybe a few part time duds for the team, I'll nominate some media bastard idiot I read who suggested the Packers should trade for some veteran WR hahahaha. Those shit-eating fools/shit-spewing fools don't know the Packers a tenth as well as just about everybody in here.

Fulltime Studs: Love (obviously) damn near all of the time. Rashan Gary playing like a superstar.

Most of the time Studs: Doubs, Musgrave, Douglas, Nixon, Rudy Ford, Savage, Wicks

Studs about half the time: Reed, Clark, the right side of the O Line, LaFleur's playcalling

More Dud than Stud but not enough to lose the game: Whelan, the left side of the O Line, Barry's D (better than it usually is, though), Vilma commentating

Lesser Lights who showed up when needed today, most of the time anyway: Valentine and Ballentine, McDuffie, Toure, the back up RBs

QBME
09-24-2023, 05:02 PM
Wait, wait…
I’m just a semi lurker but it seems to me the posts are all so true without bullshit
I could be wrong..

red
09-24-2023, 05:21 PM

how many drops were there? was anyone counting?

it seemed like at least 10 times our guys hand their hands on the ball and didn't come down with it

i'm sure "official stats", will say some bullshit like 2. but it was a lot today

RashanGary
09-24-2023, 06:05 PM
Love was annoyed after the interception. Reed ran the wrong route, I’m fairly certain. He lead the safety right to Doubs. By the time the ball got there, Reed was 5 yards away from Doubs. Of course Love was surprised the damn safety made it over there. I’m sure the play design wasn’t to run two guys to the same spot. If reed ran the correct route, I’m sure Love knew the safety had a much different responsibility and wouldn’t have been able to drift so quickly and confidently to the spot.

bobblehead
09-24-2023, 06:05 PM
I can't wait for studs/duds.

Stud: Gutes and MiLF. We had the ENTIRE OFFENSE on rookie contracts today and Watson out as well. Still put 18 on a very stingy D. I can't stress enough how that just never happens.

RashanGary
09-24-2023, 06:32 PM
I don’t know what the defense was on that pick or exactly what Love saw, but I’m guessing Love peaked his read and knew they had to be in a certain defense. Once he knew what defense they were in, if Reed ran the right route I’m assuming he knew the safety couldn’t make it over there. I don’t know the exact process, but I know two receivers over there was not in the plan.

I’m sure Love can peak the safety next time instead of assuming his guy is going to run the right route.

That interception is partly on Love, but I don’t think it’s as bad as it looked. He looked in command and under control the entire game. That was not a mitchel turdbiscuit type confusion play.

QBME
09-24-2023, 06:53 PM
Rashan MVP of the game for injuring their starting QB so their offense dies and we win :)
Seriously?
What a lame ass of an excuse

RashanGary
09-24-2023, 06:56 PM
I’m becoming a big fan of Musgrave. There was a crosser or some sort of out route he caught where he was just gliding to the sideline. Love threw it behind 88, but the catch was still made. It’s really hard for defenders to make plays on the ball when the guy their chasing is that damn fast. They’re in that mode where they’re just running as fast as they possibly can and can’t get to looking for the ball. And he seems to have really really really reliable hands. He might stumble a little because he’s so damn tall and lanky, so he’s not perfect. But he does a couple of things (run extremely fast and catch the damn ball) that are going to be very effective.

RashanGary
09-24-2023, 06:58 PM
Watson and Musgrave are such a sick pair of speed demons. Love looks so in command of the game. It’s going to be real interesting to see what happens when he gets his crew back.

I saw one pass pro from Musgrave that was just perfect. I really can’t believe how quickly this kid is catching on. He might be really special.

sharpe1027
09-24-2023, 07:10 PM
Love is (somewhat surprisingly) making good reads and decisions. He's got a strong arm. If there's a criticism, he's not been super accurate.

MadScientist
09-24-2023, 07:16 PM
Love is (somewhat surprisingly) making good reads and decisions. He's got a strong arm. If there's a criticism, he's not been super accurate.

Watching Kurt Warner's breakdowns, Love was consistently making good reads and decisions, so it isn't too much of a surprise. The accuracy needs work, but when the offense was 'play fast and chuck it', he stepped up and made a lot of plays downfield. Hopefully things will keep improving and he will get his weapons back. A 50% completion rate won't cut it very often.

sharpe1027
09-24-2023, 07:20 PM
Watching Kurt Warner's breakdowns, Love was consistently making good reads and decisions, so it isn't too much of a surprise. The accuracy needs work, but when the offense was 'play fast and chuck it', he stepped up and made a lot of plays downfield. Hopefully things will keep improving and he will get his weapons back. A 50% completion rate won't cut it very often.

Preseason isn't a great indicator though.

MadtownPacker
09-24-2023, 07:21 PM
RG- Musgrave is the Dirty White boy TE you have been yearning for since you fell in love with Kittle. He needs to get some red zone shots.

red
09-24-2023, 07:54 PM
I’m becoming a big fan of Musgrave. There was a crosser or some sort of out route he caught where he was just gliding to the sideline. Love threw it behind 88, but the catch was still made. It’s really hard for defenders to make plays on the ball when the guy their chasing is that damn fast. They’re in that mode where they’re just running as fast as they possibly can and can’t get to looking for the ball. And he seems to have really really really reliable hands. He might stumble a little because he’s so damn tall and lanky, so he’s not perfect. But he does a couple of things (run extremely fast and catch the damn ball) that are going to be very effective.

he still can't stay on his feet after making a catch, but the guy really seems able to get open at will

could end up being a really good pick

SkinBasket
09-24-2023, 08:05 PM
I know all you LGBTQIA’s love Love, but he has no presence, no command, no balls. I’m still waiting for him to strain his sphincter so the Clifford era can officially begin. You all can complain about drops, but chocolate starfish still can’t hit a fucking wide open target downfield when it counts. If he could, we wouldn’t have been put in the downward dog position from the get go. He’s had years to not look like a 1st or 2nd year fuckup, but that’s what we got right now.

QBME
09-24-2023, 08:16 PM
RG- Musgrave is the Dirty White boy TE you have been yearning for since you fell in love with Kittle. He needs to get some red zone shots.

I would bring up Mark Chumura who definitely was attacked to the red zone shots

Joemailman
09-24-2023, 08:18 PM
Ken Ingalls - Packers Cap
@KenIngalls

The 2023 Salary Cap is $224.8M.

Today the Green Bay Packers played & won a football game with $118.5M (53%) of cap space unavailable on the field.

Dead: $59.34M
PUP: $3.25M
IR: $1.03M
Bakh: $21.34M
Jaire: $10.76M
Jones: $8.20M
Jenkins: $6.97M
Campbell: $5.53M
Watson: $2.10M

RashanGary
09-24-2023, 09:15 PM
I know all you LGBTQIA’s love Love, but he has no presence, no command, no balls. I’m still waiting for him to strain his sphincter so the Clifford era can officially begin. You all can complain about drops, but chocolate starfish still can’t hit a fucking wide open target downfield when it counts. If he could, we wouldn’t have been put in the downward dog position from the get go. He’s had years to not look like a 1st or 2nd year fuckup, but that’s what we got right now.

This ain't it. Sacks are worse than incimpletions. He doesn't take sacks. Interceptions are worse than incimpletions. He doesn't throw picks. His accuracy is a little off, but he does a lot of things well.

RashanGary
09-24-2023, 09:16 PM
And he's playing with AJ slug Dillon at running back and a whole crew of rookies. Relax.

call_me_ishmael
09-24-2023, 10:50 PM
Reed seems like he is going to be a really good player. JLove continues to show up and play solid. What a come back today, my goodness!

Freak Out
09-25-2023, 12:34 AM
Love still doesn't have a successful 2 minute drill for a win.

LOL

Freak Out
09-25-2023, 12:42 AM
Basket back in for the full troll.

call_me_ishmael
09-25-2023, 01:18 AM
There really might be something to the let-the-kid-sit-for-3-years-behind-a-stud-to-learn thing. Maybe that just is _the_ system henceforth.

SkinBasket
09-25-2023, 04:34 AM
Basket back in for the full troll.

Hey now, if someone don’t drink the blended kookaid, it’s trolling? I get Love does some things well, but he also sucks at a few things he shouldn’t given his situation. Command of the game, decisiveness, and throwing footballs to open receivers (which is quite literally his job), being some of those things. If they were in grade school, Love would be the trans art kid wearing fuzzy turtlenecks sipping apple juice out of a squeeze box all day while Clifford would be the playground bully with his balls hanging out his shorts groping girls even though he’s too young to get a boner just because he knows that’s what he was born to do. I’d take the later to lead my football team.

RashanGary
09-25-2023, 08:03 AM
Reed seems like he is going to be a really good player. JLove continues to show up and play solid. What a come back today, my goodness!

Agree on Reed. Hard to say how good he could be, but some real good signs. Good signs from Doubs and Musgrave too. The only running back that seems worth a lick is Jones.

I like Love getting the ball out, looking composed, not taking sacks, not throwing picks and making some big throws.

There’s a lot to feel good about. Some worries too. No knowing how it’s gonna play, but definitley interesting to see it unfold.

call_me_ishmael
09-25-2023, 09:24 AM
It does kinda make you wonder. Last year Rodgers often seemed like no one was open. Love seems to have no problem just slinging it in there and seeing what happens. Granted I've only watched the highlights so who knows, but is the talent that's playing really that different at WR this year vs last? Maybe they're being schemed open better?

MadScientist
09-25-2023, 10:03 AM
It does kinda make you wonder. Last year Rodgers often seemed like no one was open. Love seems to have no problem just slinging it in there and seeing what happens. Granted I've only watched the highlights so who knows, but is the talent that's playing really that different at WR this year vs last? Maybe they're being schemed open better?

The young talent is better than the old, slow guys that Rodgers trusted, but the system is the big thing. Love is reading the keys and throwing to the guy who should be open based on the keys. Rodgers would look at the defense presnap, make a call to get what he thought would be the perfect routes for what he saw, then wait for a guy to be open for the big play. And when that wasn't there, he'd hold the ball waiting for someone to be open. Without Adams, it wasn't working. Also, this year the receivers don't have a lot of arcane signals to know and adjust their routes. They mostly run the routes they are supposed to, with the normal adjustments based on leverage, and get to where they are supposed to be. Easier to coach and learn, so the receivers can just play fast.

Joemailman
09-25-2023, 10:16 AM
Love is 3rd in the NFL in TD passes, 17th in passing yards and 33rd in completion percentage. Eventually those rankings will come closer together. If the completion percentage doesn't come up, the others will go down. Of course, getting his best RB, best WR, and 2 best OL back would probably help.

Tony Oday
09-25-2023, 10:37 AM

Agreed 100% I don't know if he is missing throws, reads or his WRs are missing them but he seems to at least making the correct reads.

bobblehead
09-25-2023, 10:50 AM
There really might be something to the let-the-kid-sit-for-3-years-behind-a-stud-to-learn thing. Maybe that just is _the_ system henceforth.

The axiom in the NFL for 40 years was to let a guy sit 2 years. In the FA era GMs weren't given that much time to build a winner so they started forcing these young guys into the mix immediately. The packers with their unique set up can still pull it off (although the drama from the guy currently holding the job is now a thing).

Sometimes the answer is simple and people over think it. Come to think of it, most of the time the answer is simple.

bobblehead
09-25-2023, 10:55 AM

Our guys aren't exactly running free this year. The main difference is that Love is throwing to the guys in iso and allowing them to make the play. Rodgers was only partly to blame last year due to injuries and such, but early on Love is facing the same issues. I would say pre broken thumb, Rodgers was looking about like Love is looking so far.

sharpe1027
09-25-2023, 11:51 AM
Hey now, if someone don’t drink the blended kookaid, it’s trolling?
Certainly not. Your over-the-top, intentionally controversial and/or offensive post most definitely is trolling, however. Each to his own.

smuggler
09-25-2023, 12:20 PM
Did a little digging and the endzone pass to Jayden Reed that was knocked loose by the Saints player's knee while he was on his back was indeed a touchdown. Stupid zebras.

Fosco33
09-25-2023, 12:25 PM
I rewatched the 4th q.

That holding call that took back a big gain from Hill that led to a punt was huge. And we got 67yrds in penalties on a drive that obv helped too.

Even in the kicker makes it - the team was so fired up I bet Carlson would’ve hit one from 57 for a winner.

Joemailman
09-25-2023, 12:37 PM
I'm not sure Love was at fault on the deep miss to Musgrave. At the time Love releases the ball, Musgrave is near the left hash mark. But Musgrave drifts to his right and then has to try to adjust at the last second. I think Love put it exactly where he wanted to. https://twitter.com/i/status/1706339943084130637

Fritz
09-25-2023, 01:22 PM
I'm not sure Love was at fault on the deep miss to Musgrave. At the time Love releases the ball, Musgrave is near the left hash mark. But Musgrave drifts to his right and then has to try to adjust at the last second. I think Love put it exactly where he wanted to. https://twitter.com/i/status/1706339943084130637

While I don't agree with all of Skin's assessment of the quarterbacking situation (for example, even grade school boys get boners - I know I sure as hell did), I am concerned with Love's lack of accuracy, especially on the deep ball. Your point here is well taken, insofar as the drift from left hash to the middle by Musgrave. But the ball was still overthrown by a couple yards, maybe more. This was a situation where a little more loft would've helped, or if he'd thrown it shorter - even if Musgrave has to slow up a half-beat, he still makes the catch. I've also seen Love throw it behind guys on crossers.

Can he really improve his accuracy, having been in the league for three years?

I also wonder if his crazy free-form throwing is causing accuracy issues. He throws off a weird, weird platform a lot of the time. A lot of the time. Or so it seems to me.

sharpe1027
09-25-2023, 01:34 PM
He's missed some big plays that would have not only racked up lots of yards for his stat line, they might have made big swings in the games.

The sample size is still small. He might never be great at it, but I gotta believe he can make a higher percentage of the long throws going forward.

Upnorth
09-25-2023, 01:41 PM
Down 4 offensive starts, 1 d starter. 2 of those 5 players when healthy are top 5 in league. 2 more are top 10.

If they were playing g I'm disappointed In this win, but they weren't.

I think im happy, all said.

I want to see what the eagles would do to us.

On a tangent , special teams coverage again?

NewsBruin
09-25-2023, 01:50 PM
The axiom in the NFL for 40 years was to let a guy sit 2 years. In the FA era GMs weren't given that much time to build a winner so they started forcing these young guys into the mix immediately. The packers with their unique set up can still pull it off (although the drama from the guy currently holding the job is now a thing).

Sometimes the answer is simple and people over think it. Come to think of it, most of the time the answer is simple.

I remember during the early McCarthy era, Young Understudy Rodgers was tasked with giving the CB report to the QB room and live-charting what he would have done on every one of Brett's snaps.

I never thought about the backup having more responsibilities than getting donuts and giving nods when the coaches say, "Did you catch that?" But giving the young guy some responsibilities (at a level that he can handle) and making him face the entire team is good prep that this isn't just about getting a game check and asking the coach when he can come in.

Joemailman
09-25-2023, 03:19 PM
While I don't agree with all of Skin's assessment of the quarterbacking situation (for example, even grade school boys get boners - I know I sure as hell did), I am concerned with Love's lack of accuracy, especially on the deep ball. Your point here is well taken, insofar as the drift from left hash to the middle by Musgrave. But the ball was still overthrown by a couple yards, maybe more. This was a situation where a little more loft would've helped, or if he'd thrown it shorter - even if Musgrave has to slow up a half-beat, he still makes the catch. I've also seen Love throw it behind guys on crossers.

Can he really improve his accuracy, having been in the league for three years?

I also wonder if his crazy free-form throwing is causing accuracy issues. He throws off a weird, weird platform a lot of the time. A lot of the time. Or so it seems to me.

I don't know what you mean by a weird platform. I'd be laid up for a week if I tried that.

https://packerswire.usatoday.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/57/2023/09/USATSI_21495298.jpg?resize=1024,718

run pMc
09-25-2023, 04:43 PM

Yeah I think not having an owner works in the team's favor. You don't have some impulsive schmuck like Irsay pushing the FO and coaching staff to play a guy before he's ready. These top 10 drafted QBs are all talented, given enough time I suspect more would pan out.

run pMc
09-25-2023, 05:06 PM
Buy/Sell/Hold

Run offense: Sell. The OL isn't blocking it up well, but they were basically playing backups at 3 spots by the end of the game. Dillon is a power back who runs with not enough power, and he's being forced to run outside too much. The entire process is a mess.
Pass offense: Buy. Jordan Love is good. The vast majority of the time he makes the right read, shows great poise, and obviously has command of the offense. The OL pass pro has been decent, but that's more their forte vs. run blocking. The backups have acquitted themselves well enough so far, but they face a stiff test with DET. The receivers have been a mixed bag - about what you'd expect from rookies. Drops, missed adjustments on routes, and rookie mistakes are there... but so are the pure athletic feats and splash moments you'd rarely get from a Lazard or aging Cobb. I think this team could struggle mightily in the short term but could really be very good when/if they get healthy and the rookies get some seasoning.

Run defense: Hold. I think they were embarrassed after last week and played better. They weren't challenged like last week either, plus NO was down to playing depth/PS guys and Taysom Hill.
Pass defense: Buy. Rashan Gary was a game wrecker, and Carr's injury helped kick the door wide open to a comeback. On rewatch, the coverage was decent, even from Ballantine most of the time when matched up against a much better player in Olave. Safeties did about what we expected, but didn't lose the game.

Special teams: Hold. The Shaheed PR TD was Darren Rizzi's middle finger to Mark Murphy. It was also the result of bad lane discipline (C'MON Bisaccia) and a punt by Whelan that was both a little too short in distance and hang time. Anders Carlson has played well so far (knock on wood). Amari isn't on the team.

Lots of stupid penalties hurt the offense in the first half and constantly put them behind the sticks. They also hurt the special teams. The team played extremely sloppy in the first half and tightened up enough to make a game of it while NO crapped the bed with a backup QB and a fluky FG miss at the end.
This is basically a makeup for the ATL loss, but I'm on the fence as to whether this was a case of GB winning the game or NO losing it.

NO hadn't exactly beaten a murderer's row to get to 2-0 coming into the game, and their offense is not great without Kamara. I'm not sure what this says about GB, other than they played sloppy but stuck together and found a way to win. That's not nothing. It really was a mixed bag of a game and I think I'm still processing it.

run pMc
09-25-2023, 05:10 PM
Ken Ingalls - Packers Cap ������
@KenIngalls

The 2023 Salary Cap is $224.8M.

Today the Green Bay Packers played & won a football game with $118.5M (53%) of cap space unavailable on the field.

Dead: $59.34M
PUP: $3.25M
IR: $1.03M
Bakh: $21.34M
Jaire: $10.76M
Jones: $8.20M
Jenkins: $6.97M
Campbell: $5.53M
Watson: $2.10M

LOL Yikes. Yeah, I've seen some tweets to this effect re: GB and their cap spending vs. player availability. Only having 47% of your cap spending playing on a Sunday is not good, and certainly not sustainable for winning games.

SkinBasket
09-25-2023, 05:29 PM
Certainly not. Your over-the-top, intentionally controversial and/or offensive post most definitely is trolling, however. Each to his own.

Yeesh! Are you this boring in real life?

My points against Mr. Love still stand. I think you’re confusing “trolling” with not being a lackluster cuck, for what it’s worth. But as you say, to each their own.

KYPack
09-25-2023, 05:48 PM

Hey, this is a teaching moment around the old PR campfire.

That post was an example of Skin's schtick.

Freak Out
09-25-2023, 06:00 PM
Regardless its nice he's visiting from his old Kentucky home.

SkinBasket
09-25-2023, 06:20 PM

Schtick? Schtick!?

Why I neva!

MadtownPacker
09-25-2023, 07:45 PM
Regardless its nice he's visiting from his old Kentucky home.
Old is the keyword. He is kinda like Howard Stern. No longer edgy or cool because his routine was never updated. At least his better half, Nutz matured into a Al Bundy type of persona. He shows up and blesses us with his draft knowledge and gives fatherly advice on a Reese Bobby level. I had always hoped Skin would turn into a modern day Manson but he never met his potential. It’s still nice when he leaves the survival bunker to connect to the Internet.

texaspackerbacker
09-25-2023, 08:16 PM
Buy/Sell/Hold

Run offense: Sell. The OL isn't blocking it up well, but they were basically playing backups at 3 spots by the end of the game. Dillon is a power back who runs with not enough power, and he's being forced to run outside too much. The entire process is a mess.
Pass offense: Buy. Jordan Love is good. The vast majority of the time he makes the right read, shows great poise, and obviously has command of the offense. The OL pass pro has been decent, but that's more their forte vs. run blocking. The backups have acquitted themselves well enough so far, but they face a stiff test with DET. The receivers have been a mixed bag - about what you'd expect from rookies. Drops, missed adjustments on routes, and rookie mistakes are there... but so are the pure athletic feats and splash moments you'd rarely get from a Lazard or aging Cobb. I think this team could struggle mightily in the short term but could really be very good when/if they get healthy and the rookies get some seasoning.

Run defense: Hold. I think they were embarrassed after last week and played better. They weren't challenged like last week either, plus NO was down to playing depth/PS guys and Taysom Hill.
Pass defense: Buy. Rashan Gary was a game wrecker, and Carr's injury helped kick the door wide open to a comeback. On rewatch, the coverage was decent, even from Ballantine most of the time when matched up against a much better player in Olave. Safeties did about what we expected, but didn't lose the game.

Special teams: Hold. The Shaheed PR TD was Darren Rizzi's middle finger to Mark Murphy. It was also the result of bad lane discipline (C'MON Bisaccia) and a punt by Whelan that was both a little too short in distance and hang time. Anders Carlson has played well so far (knock on wood). Amari isn't on the team.

Lots of stupid penalties hurt the offense in the first half and constantly put them behind the sticks. They also hurt the special teams. The team played extremely sloppy in the first half and tightened up enough to make a game of it while NO crapped the bed with a backup QB and a fluky FG miss at the end.
This is basically a makeup for the ATL loss, but I'm on the fence as to whether this was a case of GB winning the game or NO losing it.

NO hadn't exactly beaten a murderer's row to get to 2-0 coming into the game, and their offense is not great without Kamara. I'm not sure what this says about GB, other than they played sloppy but stuck together and found a way to win. That's not nothing. It really was a mixed bag of a game and I think I'm still processing it.

More to agree with than disagree here.

The run blocking will probably look a lot better with Aaron Jones running. As it was, they were decent if the expectation isn't too high. Dillon looked good early in the game - faster than previously and stronger too. As the game went along, though, he backslid some. I really hope they bring both Wilson and Taylor up to the 53 even when Jones is back. First of all, a rotation is a really good idea - keeping Jones healthy, etc., and secondly, I'd rather see either of them running than Dillon most of the time. So I'd Hold rather than Sell on the run game.

The passing game is a strong Buy. Love, as good as he is, is only gonna get better. I saw him interviewed, and he nailed it, saying his accuracy needs to improve. Knowing that is definitely a giant step toward doing it. His stats, good as they were, would have been even better if he had gotten statistical credit for the pass interference penalties - which the Saints basically had to do to prevent long gains. And of course, he apparently wasn't to blame for the one and only pick in 3 games. And that's not even mentioning the plethora of dropped passes. And he scrambled and ran way more than decently - damn near Fields or Mahomes level. Reed actually had a bad game and he still was a hero. Wicks is gonna be way more than just decent. Heath didn't look good at all, but he really stood out in the preseason, and I think will in real games too. He and Toure are not bad for being the bottom of the group. Doubs, the sky's the limit for him, and I for one still have superstar hopes for Watson. And Musgrave, he's gonna maybe be the best TE the Packers have ever had.

Run D: I think I would still Sell. I've noticed a trend about Barry: many times his D is decent early in the game. Then the other team adjusts, and poor ol' Joe just can't counter-adjust. Did it get worse when Campbell went out? The results seemed to say that, but I hardly saw Campbell make a tackle, but McDuffie was all over the field, sadly often 5-10 yards down field. It made me mad at the time that when Kenny Clark got too fired up and slammed the RB, damn Barry took him out for way too long. I was beginning to wonder if he got kicked out and the commentators didn't notice.

Pass D: Buy. Gary seems to be back healthy, and he was a real force. Preston was a non-factor, Engabare needs to look for like he did in preseason, and I think Van Ness didn't even play - I didn't see him. All of them should step up too if teams concentrate more on Gary. And the DBs. Rudy Ford and Savage were all over the field, again often too far downfield on run plays, but decent playing like Safeties in pass D. I think Carrington Valentine shut down Thomas until he got hurt - playing a lot like Jaire. And as you said, Ballentine was decent too when he came in. Douglas needs to stay as an outside Corner. He's damn good there. Considering no Jaire, they were more than decent against a team with a couple of star quality WRs.

Special Teams: Yeah, I'd say Hold too. A little too much holding hahahaha sometimes. That long punt return it seemed to me was on the punter - a low line drive kick right to the guy for a running start. Otherwise, the Teams pretty much held their own.

A 46 yard miss isn't exactly fluky. And I'm fairly confident that with 1:02 and a timeout left, Love woulda got us close enough for our rookie kicker to win the game.

SkinBasket
09-25-2023, 09:05 PM
Old is the keyword. He is kinda like Howard Stern. No longer edgy or cool because his routine was never updated. At least his better half, Nutz matured into a Al Bundy type of persona. He shows up and blesses us with his draft knowledge and gives fatherly advice on a Reese Bobby level. I had always hoped Skin would turn into a modern day Manson but he never met his potential. It’s still nice when he leaves the survival bunker to connect to the Internet.

Hey pot! I mean that in the kettle way. Nutz hasn’t evolved, he’s devolved into a suburban socialite. You could just say you missed me and skip all the drama, because on my many year journey away from here, I’ve learned a lot, and all that lot has only reinforced that the Skinbasket was right all along. I’m like that crazy bitch from the lord of the rings who doesn’t want the ring but then does and goes all bonkers and glows and turns it down but still has all the knowledge gleaned from wanting it. It’s complicated. You wouldn’t understand.

KYPack
09-25-2023, 09:39 PM
That's a big ..."Look who is fucking talking"!!!
To both of you.

You guys post more.

We're sick of making fun of Tex.

sharpe1027
09-25-2023, 10:05 PM
Yeesh! Are you this boring in real life?

My points against Mr. Love still stand. I think you’re confusing “trolling” with not being a lackluster cuck, for what it’s worth. But as you say, to each their own.

Wait, this isn't real life? I need some time to think about what this means.

MadtownPacker
09-25-2023, 11:41 PM
Hey pot! I mean that in the kettle way. Nutz hasn’t evolved, he’s devolved into a suburban socialite. You could just say you missed me and skip all the drama, because on my many year journey away from here, I’ve learned a lot, and all that lot has only reinforced that the Skinbasket was right all along. I’m like that crazy bitch from the lord of the rings who doesn’t want the ring but then does and goes all bonkers and glows and turns it down but still has all the knowledge gleaned from wanting it. It’s complicated. You wouldn’t understand.
Pardon me for saying you could have been Manson. Obviously you would have been more Jim Jones with all your koolaid drinking talk. :lol:

bobblehead
09-26-2023, 10:30 AM
Did a little digging and the endzone pass to Jayden Reed that was knocked loose by the Saints player's knee while he was on his back was indeed a touchdown. Stupid zebras.

The NFL has only botched that call like 800 times since flip flopping the rule.

bobblehead
09-26-2023, 10:38 AM

Skin and APB are pretty similar. It just depends on which schtick bothers you. I happen to be entertained by both so....

bobblehead
09-26-2023, 10:41 AM
Buy/Sell/Hold

Good breakdown Run. I read it all even though I usually glaze my eyes after a paragraph from most posters (myself included).

I feal Ds will adjust to Love, but the lack of a healthy OL is hurting the entire offense. The team has a lot of room for improvement.

Fritz
09-26-2023, 02:58 PM
And that's what we all will need to remember, at least about the offense. They're very young, and with the offensive line hurting, we need to be patient. They're going to screw up because they're so wet behind the ears and the O-line is getting hit with the I-Bug.

But the defense....that I have less patience for.

sharpe1027
09-27-2023, 07:05 AM

I know. I've been around long enough to know this. It's just not anywhere near as funny or clever as he thinks.

Fritz
09-27-2023, 07:42 AM
Weird, our preferences. Skin’s I’m fine with, but APB’s, not so much.

sharpe1027
09-28-2023, 07:41 AM
Weird, our preferences. Skin’s I’m fine with, but APB’s, not so much.

I'm okay with it, but that's different than enjoying it.

For clarity, I was annoyed with the attempt to deflect by characterizing his original post as just not drinking the blended Kookaide.

That paints everyone else as a crazy extremist and him as just having a run of the mill normal position and post. In reality, he was intentionally over the top in his counter position. Yes, it's is style. I can still point out the hypocrisy.

call_me_ishmael
09-29-2023, 08:49 AM
Bak placed on injured reserve. Darn, he has been dealt a bad hand injury wise.