PDA

View Full Version : Studs and Duds

KYPack
09-24-2023, 09:22 PM
STUDS

Jordan Love 22 of 44 with one TD rushing and 1 TD pass. Establishing his style of leadership. Showed poise and confidence in the clutch. A tremendous step forward for a good young player

R Gary. What pitch count? 3 sacks at key times. We need his heat Thursday to take Goff out of his game. Gary can do just that

Musgrave 6 catches, but again development. Luke is showing what he can do and can add a ton to the team. Love needs to hook up with him on flys and seam routes. A great young player

DUDs

The injury bug. We given enough. Our inactive list gave heart failure. We get some of those guys back, but sustained some losses in this game. Campbell left with an ankle and Zach Tom with a knee late. Also some of our back-up DBacks went down while I was still trying to figure out who they were. BUG leave us alone

ST Our D only gave up 10 points. But the punt kick team gave up six. Our snapper badly missed his tackle and functioned as a blocker for the Saints hampering some of our cover guys. Get em together coach B.

Joemailman
09-24-2023, 09:47 PM
Stud - Romeo Doubs with 5 catches for 73 yards and a touchdown. He might never be a true #1. But he's tough and has a rapport with Love. Watson returning should help him.

Dud - Blitz pickups. Too many defenders coming in unblocked. Not sure if problem is recognition by backs, or if Love needs to adjust protection call at the line.

bobblehead
09-24-2023, 10:06 PM
Ok, I'll repost it here:

Stud: Gutes and MiLF. We had the ENTIRE OFFENSE on rookie contracts today and Watson out as well. Still put 18 on a very stingy D. I can't stress enough how that just never happens.

Teamcheez1
09-25-2023, 09:01 AM
This is more of a trending dud.

Our defense didn’t force any turnovers this week, and had only 1 last week.

Fritz
09-25-2023, 01:26 PM
I have been impressed with Whelan, the punter, so far, but that one he hit that was returned for the TD was a dud of a punt.

I was also surprised at how many N.O. blitzers came in unscathed.

And AJ Dillon - what can we say? Great guy, pretty good catching the ball, okay blocker, JAG runner. Not what you want when you spend a second-rounder on a running back. Emmanuel Wilson (is that his name?) didn't look much better, except on one run in which he broke a tackle. It's shaping up like safety and running back and offensive line will be priorities next draft.

RashanGary
09-25-2023, 03:17 PM
Andy Herman gave Rasheed Walker one of the highest grades on offense. We might be ok at tackle when Bakh inevitably leaves. Tom and Walker. Let’s go.

Joemailman
09-25-2023, 03:22 PM
Andy Herman gave Rasheed Walker one of the highest grades on offense. We might be ok at tackle when Bakh inevitably leaves. Tom and Walker. Let’s go.

I agree, although they might eventually switch positions.

RashanGary
09-25-2023, 03:25 PM
I agree, although they might eventually switch positions.

I thought about that too. Whoever is better at pass pro on the left should play on the left side. Rasheed moves awfully well for a big guy. He’s impressed me. I wouldn’t be shocked if he’s better than Tom.

Joemailman
09-25-2023, 03:35 PM
I have been impressed with Whelan, the punter, so far, but that one he hit that was returned for the TD was a dud of a punt.

I was also surprised at how many N.O. blitzers came in unscathed.

And AJ Dillon - what can we say? Great guy, pretty good catching the ball, okay blocker, JAG runner. Not what you want when you spend a second-rounder on a running back. Emmanuel Wilson (is that his name?) didn't look much better, except on one run in which he broke a tackle. It's shaping up like safety and running back and offensive line will be priorities next draft.

The blitzers coming in unblocked is an issue. It's probably contributing to some of Love's misses. I'm not sure if that is backs not recognizing a blitz is coming, or if Love is not yet able to change protection calls at the line as Rodgers did.

Guiness
09-25-2023, 04:24 PM
The blitzers coming in unblocked is an issue. It's probably contributing to some of Love's misses. I'm not sure if that is backs not recognizing a blitz is coming, or if Love is not yet able to change protection calls at the line as Rodgers did.

There were a few of these. One is too many and likely as not to get your QB knocked out of the game.

I don't know who is at fault - if Love isn't calling out the protections, would it be Myers?

RashanGary
09-25-2023, 04:56 PM
Rasheed Walker got a top grade from Andy Herman and PFF has him as a solid starter. And he probably isn’t even playing his best ball. He might be him. The one.

Joemailman
09-25-2023, 05:01 PM
There were a few of these. One is too many and likely as not to get your QB knocked out of the game.

I don't know who is at fault - if Love isn't calling out the protections, would it be Myers?

If it's a change at the last second, imagine it has to be Love. Hard for Myers to see once he's down in his stance.

texaspackerbacker
09-25-2023, 07:08 PM
Good we have a Studs and Duds thread now. I already put mine in the banjo thread, but I'll copy and paste it here.

Fulltime Studs: Love (obviously) damn near all of the time. Rashan Gary playing like a superstar.

Most of the time Studs: Doubs, Musgrave, Douglas, Nixon, Rudy Ford, Savage, Wicks

Studs about half the time: Reed, Clark, the right side of the O Line, LaFleur's playcalling

More Dud than Stud but not enough to lose the game: Whelan, the left side of the O Line, Barry's D (better than it usually is, though), Vilma commentating

Lesser Lights who showed up when needed today, most of the time anyway: Valentine and Ballentine, McDuffie, Toure, the back up RBs

MadtownPacker
09-25-2023, 08:43 PM
Duds - The fans that act like they aren’t thrilled to be 2-1 with a young foundation in place. I bet many of these same critics dissed Brady when he would win ugly. How did that work out for him? Shit… Packers are playing for the division lead in week 4 so it’s all good in the hood!

You feces breathed goombas come off thinking Love is supposed to just go out there and connect passes like he’s 2015 Rodgers. You are tripping, please give me some of that shit too must be potent. If he just hits one of those a game it’s a big difference. And that will happen eventually. Looking like a baby animal (not lion or bear) that will become a powerful beast with time.

Joemailman
09-25-2023, 08:56 PM
Duds - The fans that act like they aren’t thrilled to be 2-1 with a young foundation in place. I bet many of these same critics dissed Brady when he would win ugly. How did that work out for him? Shit… Packers are playing for the division lead in week 4 so it’s all good in the hood!

You feces breathed goombas come off thinking Love is supposed to just go out there and connect passes like he’s 2015 Rodgers. You are tripping, please give me some of that shit too must be potent. If he just hits one of those a game it’s a big difference. And that will happen eventually. Looking like a baby animal (not lion or bear) that will become a powerful beast with time.

Who said they aren't happy?

MadtownPacker
09-25-2023, 10:10 PM
Who said they aren't happy?
Those hoes would cry about being taxed on the powerball billion.

RashanGary
09-25-2023, 10:24 PM
Those hoes would cry about being taxed on the powerball billion.

Rodgers had very, very few die hard fans. Favre fans weren’t happy with Rodgers. Weren’t happy with the 2010 SB. But everyone is happy for Love.

MadtownPacker
09-25-2023, 11:31 PM
Rodgers had very, very few die hard fans. Favre fans weren’t happy with Rodgers. Weren’t happy with the 2010 SB. But everyone is happy for Love.

https://youtu.be/x8Af6cvWiQM?si=PMCX6iElaMOXElYR

texaspackerbacker
09-25-2023, 11:40 PM
The only lack of happiness I heard was losing to damn Atlanta, and that certainly wasn't on Love. Joe Barry is the one getting all the shit, and that's well deserved IMO.

bobblehead
09-26-2023, 10:47 AM
I thought about that too. Whoever is better at pass pro on the left should play on the left side. Rasheed moves awfully well for a big guy. He’s impressed me. I wouldn’t be shocked if he’s better than Tom.

Tom will be a better run blocker, but Walker probably is more natural for the left side. He is big and pretty fluid. He has had a few stink plays, but overall he is coming around. Last year I was giddy with our late draft. Tom, Enagbare and Walker. You have pimped walker for awhile. Sadly, if Jenkins can't stay on the field and Myers doesn't turn it up, our superior tackles won't be enough.

bobblehead
09-26-2023, 10:48 AM

Add in Wagner blows and Walker is inexperienced and then say all of the above.

Joemailman
09-26-2023, 10:55 AM
Add in Wagner blows and Walker is inexperienced and then say all of the above.

Wagner?:confused:

RashanGary
09-26-2023, 01:05 PM

I cant even think of his name…. Tony Moll maybe. No, it’s Newman. Pretty sure he meant Newman.

Fritz
09-26-2023, 02:52 PM

Now starting at left guard . . .

Richard Richard Richard
WagnerWagner Wagner

https://www.album-online.com/photos/prev/OTVlMzk2MA/album_alb1768620.webp

bobblehead
09-27-2023, 12:43 PM

yea, I still get Wagner mixed up with Newman for some reason I can't explain. Getting old I guess.