PDA

View Full Version : Official NFC Playoff Standings Thread - Week 3

Joemailman
09-26-2023, 11:56 AM
Division Winners

1. San Francisco 49ers 3-0 Better strength of victory than Philadelphia
2. Philadelphia Eagles 3-0
3. Atlanta Falcons 2-1 Better conference winning pct. than New Orleans/Better division
winning pct. than Tampa Bay
4. Green Bay Packers 1-1 Better division winning pct. than Detroit
__________________________________________________ _________________________

Wild Cards

5. Seattle Seahawks 2-1 Better strength of victory than Tampa Bay/Better conference
winning pct. than Detroit, Dallas, New Orleans and Washington
6. Detroit Lions 2-1 Better strength of victory than Dallas and New Orleans
7. Dallas Cowboys 2-1 Better division winning pct. than Washington/Better strength of
victory than New Orleans
__________________________________________________ __________________________

Outside Looking In

8. New Orleans Saints 2-1 Better division winning pct. than Tampa Bay
9. Washington Comm. 2-1 Better conference winning pct. than Tampa Bay
10.Tampa Bay Bucs 2-1
11. Los Angeles Rams 1-2 Better conference winning pct. than New York and Arizona
12. New York Giants 1-2 Head to head tie-breaker over Arizona
13. Arizona Cardinals 1-2
14. Minnesota Vikings 0-3 Better point differential ranking than Carolina and Chicago
15. Carolina Panthers 0-3 Better point differential ranking than Chicago
16. Chicago Bears 0-3
__________________________________________________ __________________________

Key Week 4 Games

Detroit at Green Bay
Atlanta at Jacksonville
Los Angeles Rams at Indianapolis
Tampa Bay at New Orleans
Washington at Philadelphia
New England at Dallas
Arizona at San Francisco
Seattle at New York Giants

Fritz
09-26-2023, 02:56 PM
It seems way too early for a thread like this. I don't even pay attention until about week twelve, and that's in the years the Packers were supposed to be contenders.

But some people do like it from the get-go, so go you.

Joemailman
09-26-2023, 03:09 PM
It seems way too early for a thread like this. I don't even pay attention until about week twelve, and that's in the years the Packers were supposed to be contenders.

But some people do like it from the get-go, so go you.

It's just fun putting the Bears at 16 every week.

MadtownPacker
09-26-2023, 05:40 PM
It just fun pointing out you failed to get the W-L correct.

MadScientist
09-26-2023, 07:04 PM
You should have the Bears-Broncos in the key games list. It might be the most important game of the year for determining the first overall pick in the draft.

Joemailman
09-26-2023, 07:25 PM
You should have the Bears-Broncos in the key games list. It might be the most important game of the year for determining the first overall pick in the draft.

There's 2 games this week between 0-3 teams. I figure next week we'll start a draft thread.

NewsBruin
09-26-2023, 11:51 PM
The Bears have two shots at getting 2024's #1 pick with this weekend's games.

Fritz
09-27-2023, 07:44 AM
Could they actually fuck up the first overall pick when there are TWO supposed top-notch QB’s in the draft?

Oh, the drama!

NewsBruin
09-27-2023, 09:22 AM
Could they actually fuck up the first overall pick when there are TWO supposed top-notch QB’s in the draft?

Oh, the drama!

¿Por que no Las dos?

RashanGary
09-27-2023, 03:54 PM
The Bears have two shots at getting 2024's #1 pick with this weekend's games.

If they got the 1 and 2 somehow, maybe they should just take both so they have a better chance. If both are good, trade one some day. As horrible as they are, it might actually be their best option.

smuggler
09-27-2023, 04:56 PM
In a vacuum, that might be the right option. In reality, that would be a circus and a PR nightmare, so you can't. If the second of the two ends up being considered a generational prospect, too, you just trade the pick to the highest bidder.

MadScientist
09-27-2023, 07:14 PM
I don't like the idea that the Bears could get the top two picks. I'm somewhat heartened that it's the Bears, and they will find a way to screw it up, or at least screw up any QB they pick.

RashanGary
09-27-2023, 09:33 PM
I don't like the idea that the Bears could get the top two picks. I'm somewhat heartened that it's the Bears, and they will find a way to screw it up, or at least screw up any QB they pick.

It’s gonna be real funny if they get the 3rd pick and the top two are generational prospects :lol:

Bears Twitter is down hard. But theyve been belligerent pricks the last few years. It’s gonna be real fun if they miss out on something great.

texaspackerbacker
09-28-2023, 12:38 AM
Anybody old enough to remember the last time the Bears had the first two picks? Ol' George Halas pulled off something, and they ended up with Gayle Sayers and Dick Butkis.

Joemailman
09-28-2023, 07:59 AM
Anybody old enough to remember the last time the Bears had the first two picks? Ol' George Halas pulled off something, and they ended up with Gayle Sayers and Dick Butkis.

Actually they had the 3rd and 4th picks in 1965.

smuggler
09-28-2023, 10:10 AM
It still amazes me that the Bears never won a championship with Gale Sayers and Dick Butkis.

Joemailman
09-28-2023, 10:47 AM
It still amazes me that the Bears never won a championship with Gale Sayers and Dick Butkis.

Rudy Bukich and Jack Concannon at QB. And it was a pretty short window with Sayers. They were actually pretty good in 1965, but downhill after that.