PDA

View Full Version : Packers vs. Raiders Discussion Thread

Joemailman
10-02-2023, 11:02 AM
Packers lead all-time series 9-5. 1-0 in Super Bowl, 8-5 overall. Packers have won last 8 meetings.

Last meeting: October 20, 2019. Packers defeated the Oakland Raiders 42-24. Aaron Rodgers threw for 429 yards, passing for 5 TD's and running for 1. MVS caught 2 passes for 133 yards and 1 TD.

Raiders come into the game 1-3, their lone win week 1 vs Broncos. Jimmy Garoppolo in 3 games has thrown for 709 yards with 5 TD's and 6 INT's. He missed week 4 with a concussion. Rookie Aiden O'Connell started the last game, throwing for 238 yards. Josh Jacobs leads the Raiders with just 166 yards rushing, and just 2.7 YPC. Davante Adams leads the Raiders with 397 yards receiving and 3 TD's.

Offensively, Raiders rank 25th in points scored, 26th in yards gained. They rank 16th in passing yards and 32nd in rushing yards.

Defensively, Raiders rank 23rd in points allowed and 18th in yards allowed. Raiders have sacked opposing QB's 7 times, 4 by Maxx Crosby.

Most early lines have Packers favored by 2.

Moneyline: Packers -130, Raiders +110

Over/under: 44

Freak Out
10-02-2023, 02:27 PM
Packers should roll...almost a home game with all the packer fans likely to show up.

bobblehead
10-02-2023, 02:30 PM
I am still a maybe on being there. I'll be the one wearing green and gold if you see me on TV.

Joemailman
10-02-2023, 02:47 PM
I am still a maybe on being there. I'll be the one wearing green and gold if you see me on TV.

Cheesehead?

Anti-Polar Bear
10-02-2023, 04:01 PM
Cheesehead?

Look for the balding but muscular middle age white guy in a Zach Tom jersey next to an Asian chick, and you’ll find Bobble. :)

call_me_ishmael
10-02-2023, 04:37 PM
Are peeps going?

King Friday
10-02-2023, 06:41 PM
The entire key to this game is blocking Crosby. We do that, we win.

MadScientist
10-02-2023, 06:55 PM
The Raiders don't have a running game, and 40% of the passing game is Adams. Double him and shut their offense down. This needs to be a clear win for the Packers. There's no reason a team that isn't terrible should lose to this Raiders team. Secondary needs to be ball-hawking because the Raiders QB's will throw picks.

run pMc
10-03-2023, 07:38 AM
Packers are the better team, and they should be rested.

Raiders cut Chandler Jones but Maxx Crosby is dangerous. Trevor Moehrig and Marcus Peters are good. Don't recall seeing Tyree Wilson.
Their OL isn't that great from what I've seen either. Jimmy G will probably be the QB coming back from a concussion. Davante has a shoulder but he'll be highly motivated to play and play well. Jaire will be needed to play this game, and should make for an entertaining matchup.
I think MLF is a better head coach than McDaniels.

Battle in the trenches, and whether a team uses quick passing game. If LV does, Rashan Gary won't get a sniff of Jimmy G and LV could give Barry's D problems. There are paths where LV could win, I am skeptical they will.

Don't turn the ball over, control the LOS, and cloud coverage on Adams. Should be a W for GB heading into the bye.

Fritz
10-03-2023, 09:13 AM
The entire key to this game is blocking Crosby. We do that, we win.

I don't think he kicks for the Raiders.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eG4WUjQ4O8

BWAHAHAHAHA!

bobblehead
10-03-2023, 12:03 PM
Look for the balding but muscular middle age white guy in a Zach Tom jersey next to an Asian chick, and you’ll find Bobble. :)

More accurate than I care to admit. Muscular, but still carrying an extra 20 pounds sadly.

jklowan
10-03-2023, 12:22 PM
Cornerback Eric Stokes is back on the practice field for the Packers.
Stokes opened the season on the physically unable to perform list, so he was not eligible to get back on the field until this week. Reporters at Packers practice Tuesday noted that Stokes was on the field as the team began preparing for next Monday's game against the Raiders.
Stokes last played in a game in November 2022 and will have three weeks to practice with the team before they must activate him or shut him down for the year. He can be activated at any point in that window.
The Packers also got left guard Elgton Jenkins back on the field. Jenkins missed the last two games with a knee injury.
Cornerback Jaire Alexander returned to practice last week, but was inactive last Thursday with a back injury. He also practiced on Tuesday, but the participation levels of all the Packers won't be known until the first injury report of the week comes out on Thursday.

Fritz
10-03-2023, 12:53 PM
Cornerback Eric Stokes is back on the practice field for the Packers.
Stokes opened the season on the physically unable to perform list, so he was not eligible to get back on the field until this week. Reporters at Packers practice Tuesday noted that Stokes was on the field as the team began preparing for next Monday's game against the Raiders.
Stokes last played in a game in November 2022 and will have three weeks to practice with the team before they must activate him or shut him down for the year. He can be activated at any point in that window.
The Packers also got left guard Elgton Jenkins back on the field. Jenkins missed the last two games with a knee injury.
Cornerback Jaire Alexander returned to practice last week, but was inactive last Thursday with a back injury. He also practiced on Tuesday, but the participation levels of all the Packers won't be known until the first injury report of the week comes out on Thursday.

Well, if they can get through this game and eek out a win, then get Jenkins and Stokes and Alexander back, with Watson and Jones at full strength, we can get a better idea of how good this team could be next year.

run pMc
10-03-2023, 02:05 PM
Good news on the injury front. I think Stokes comes back for the Denver game after the bye. No point rushing him back and forcing a roster decision, plus Jaire is back.
Jenkins, AJones, and Watson are also good news. If Jenkins and Tom can go that will help the OL. Now if Runyan can get healthy they'll have something workable. The OL they've trotted out lately isn't getting it done in run blocking and occasionally pass blocking.

Joemailman
10-03-2023, 09:48 PM
Hard to nickel and dime teams to death. Need more big plays.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F7g_QmPWMAAe8V_?format=png&name=medium

sharpe1027
10-04-2023, 03:00 AM
Missing Watson and Jones is going to hurt your big plays. I am curious, does that graph come in a version that shows big plays as a percentage of all offensive plays?

Fritz
10-04-2023, 08:01 AM
Good news on the injury front. I think Stokes comes back for the Denver game after the bye. No point rushing him back and forcing a roster decision, plus Jaire is back.
Jenkins, AJones, and Watson are also good news. If Jenkins and Tom can go that will help the OL. Now if Runyan can get healthy they'll have something workable. The OL they've trotted out lately isn't getting it done in run blocking and occasionally pass blocking.

I saw an article linked from Acme Packing Company suggesting the Raiders' anemic rushing attack might be just what the doctor ordered for the Packers' run defense.

I'll bet there's an article somewhere out in the desert suggesting the Packers' soft run defense might be just what the doctor ordered for the Raiders' anemic rushing attack...

I am hoping Alexander is back and feeling close to full strength, for the obvious reason that he's so damn good, but also because it'd be fun to see him matched up on Davante Adams.

MadtownPacker
10-04-2023, 11:27 AM
Are peeps going?
Get the fuck out of here with that lame bullshit!!! You talked all that shit all summer and then wimped out hard so why bother asking.

smuggler
10-04-2023, 11:53 AM
Are peeps going?

There's an entire thread dedicated to this topic, but to save you the trouble the answer is no.

bobblehead
10-04-2023, 01:14 PM

Well, you actually need a nickel or a dime. If you end up with pennies, then yes, the strategy fails.

Anti-Polar Bear
10-04-2023, 02:05 PM
More accurate than I care to admit. Muscular, but still carrying an extra 20 pounds sadly.

Bobble, I ain’t get why you’re a “maybe” about attending this game. You realize that the Packers only visit Vegas once every 8 years, right? Ticket price should be chump change for a dude who makes high six figures.

I bet you’re so cheap, you don’t even own a Zack
Tom replica. I am guessing you duct taped “Tom” onto the old Hawk Reebok jersey you purchased in ‘06.

Upnorth
10-04-2023, 02:54 PM

This kinda tells the offensive issues story for the year. Love pushes the ball down field more than most with a league leading depth of target, but also one of the lowest completion %. We try to create big plays in hte passing game, but dont connect often enough. This allows the opposing d to risk more to stop the run, which has been an effective strategy against us.

On the bright side we look better than the raiders here....

bobblehead
10-04-2023, 05:11 PM
Bobble, I ain’t get why you’re a “maybe” about attending this game. You realize that the Packers only visit Vegas once every 8 years, right? Ticket price should be chump change for a dude who makes high six figures.

I bet you’re so cheap, you don’t even own a Zack
Tom replica. I am guessing you duct taped “Tom” onto the old Hawk Reebok jersey you purchased in ‘06.

I don't own any jerseys to be honest. I don't like supporting the NFLs overpriced product. If a jersey was $25 I'd own a couple. $100 for a shirt...you're right, I'm cheap.

As for attending, I really prefer a party at the house to live games.

Anti-Polar Bear
10-05-2023, 12:24 AM
I don't own any jerseys to be honest. I don't like supporting the NFLs overpriced product. If a jersey was $25 I'd own a couple. $100 for a shirt...you're right, I'm cheap.

As for attending, I really prefer a party at the house to live games.

C’mon, Bobble. We know, you dig that shit that the Fast and the Furious folks dig, that same shit that I ain’t got: family. But hombre, the Packers won’t be back in Vegas for another 8 years (preseason games don’t count). You can party with your family any time.

Take out your sumptuous wallet and get my ticket, airfare and hotel room at the Mirage ready. I’ll pay you back IF I crush 1-3.

Joemailman
10-05-2023, 04:27 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F7tH0FlWAAERGyd?format=jpg&name=medium

Fritz
10-05-2023, 07:03 PM
Now Rudy Ford, too? Sheesh.

RashanGary
10-05-2023, 10:34 PM
Packers gotta be the least cautious team in the league on concussion protocol :lol:

Everyone else has guys sitting a game no matter what. Our guys are practicing the next day :lol:

texaspackerbacker
10-05-2023, 10:40 PM
It seems more like they are among the most hyper-cautious about bringing players back for all causes.

Fritz
10-06-2023, 08:03 AM
It seems more like they are among the most hyper-cautious about bringing players back for all causes.

One day we’re going to scan the injury report and see a Packer listed as “did not practice” due to hemmhoroids.

run pMc
10-06-2023, 11:27 AM
I hope all three of Runyan, Jenkins and Tom can go. Keeping Newman on the bench will be important.
Rudy Ford is a little better than Owens.

I guess this is good timing for them to have a bye after LV

Fritz
10-06-2023, 12:44 PM
I hope all three of Runyan, Jenkins and Tom can go. Keeping Newman on the bench will be important.

Yes, usually I don't the earlier byes, but in this case it might be good for a young team to catch its collective breath and be able to heal.

Like many of us, I will be interested to see what combination of guys trots out to the offensive line positions. Lots of possibilities there.

Jonathan Owens already has, I think, at least two special teams penalties this season. It'll be interesting to see how much drop-off there will be from Rudy.

And boy, hasn't Jones's hamstring just lingered and lingered, for a guy who said he barely tweaked it? I'd sure like to see MLF get Jones involved early and often.

Sparkey
10-06-2023, 01:12 PM

Owens would be better in run support.

Joemailman
10-06-2023, 01:58 PM
Tom Silverstein
@TomSilverstein

#Packers G Jon Runyan and S Rudy Ford return to practice. Only two who are out are ILB De’Vondre Campbell (ankle) and S Zayne Anderson (hamstring).

texaspackerbacker
10-06-2023, 04:17 PM
I think a key is returning Douglas to the status of #2 Corner - where he has shined. For some reason, last week and I think other times that the had to be top dog, he struggled. I want to see more of Valentine too.

Good if Ford can play. he was hustling all over the field. If he can't, though, I'm not sure Owens is the answer. In addition to the penalties, he seemed kinda stiff and maybe slow. I'd rather they get a little bit creative in passing situations and use one of the plethora of good Corners in deep coverage. With our D coaches, though, I doubt that happens.

I read an article that the Packers would maybe be open to trading A.J. Dillon. Good, although I doubt something like that happens during the season. I'd like to see more of an RB rotation with Dillon the 4th option after Jones, Wilson, and Taylor.

It's hard to figure how the Packers made it through a season with Newman starting and won a lot of games. I don't think he got damaged by injury, but for whatever reason, he has degenerated to playing like crap. Why? If they didn't think he could snap out of it, they probably would have cut him.

It seems like McDuffie has played good - at least as good as Campbell when he was in there. But who is the next man up if McDuffie or Quay gets hurt (or heaven forbid, kicked out hahaha)?

This is a game the Packers should win and really need to win if the season is gonna be close to as good as I think and hope. We've got a string of winnable games coming up and a strangely easy schedule in general. Let's not let any more of the games we should win get away.

Joemailman
10-06-2023, 04:57 PM
Getting better.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F7yXUznXkAAHRY9?format=jpg&name=large

Fritz
10-06-2023, 05:03 PM
I think a key is returning Douglas to the status of #2 Corner - where he has shined. For some reason, last week and I think other times that the had to be top dog, he struggled. I want to see more of Valentine too.

Good if Ford can play. he was hustling all over the field. If he can't, though, I'm not sure Owens is the answer. In addition to the penalties, he seemed kinda stiff and maybe slow. I'd rather they get a little bit creative in passing situations and use one of the plethora of good Corners in deep coverage. With our D coaches, though, I doubt that happens.

I read an article that the Packers would maybe be open to trading A.J. Dillon. Good, although I doubt something like that happens during the season. I'd like to see more of an RB rotation with Dillon the 4th option after Jones, Wilson, and Taylor.

It's hard to figure how the Packers made it through a season with Newman starting and won a lot of games. I don't think he got damaged by injury, but for whatever reason, he has degenerated to playing like crap. Why? If they didn't think he could snap out of it, they probably would have cut him.

It seems like McDuffie has played good - at least as good as Campbell when he was in there. But who is the next man up if McDuffie or Quay gets hurt (or heaven forbid, kicked out hahaha)?

This is a game the Packers should win and really need to win if the season is gonna be close to as good as I think and hope. We've got a string of winnable games coming up and a strangely easy schedule in general. Let's not let any more of the games we should win get away.

Weirdly good post, Tex. Thoughtful. I'd agree with your comments on Douglas, and on Owens as well. And I don't know what's up with Campbell - he was so good that first season, and last season he was battling injury, but he still seems to my untrained eye to have been only a guy so far this year. The fact that Rolled Royce is still on the roster and even starting suggests we will be drafting more than one interior lineman next offseason. I could see two or three linemen, a couple of safeties, a couple of running backs.

And I'd agree too that this is one the Packers ought to win if the season is going to be even average.

Tex, when you're not calling people lily-livered assholes, or whatever it is you call them, you can actually be pretty sharp. Okay, outside of your manlove for Myers.

texaspackerbacker
10-06-2023, 06:30 PM
Have I called you anything like that? I don't think so. I'm a counter puncher, and rest assured, anybody I've labeled that way showed massive symptoms of the dumbassery I've labeled them as.

Where you and I seem to disagree is you're talking about the season being "even average". I still see this team as loaded with talent, especially with Love playing so well. Take away Joe Barry's ineptitude, and there's no reason the team shouldn't be as good as just about anybody. Even with Barry, we've won a LOT of games, though, and I thoroughly expect that again. The whole league seems a little bit down this year, and the Packers schedule in particular seems conducive to having a damn good record. Losing to a team like the Raiders, though, would be a very bad sign. I don't think that's gonna happen.

sharpe1027
10-06-2023, 09:42 PM
Tex, you throw out shit at people in a way that many people think your talking about them. When called out you often chickenshit out and claim you're talking about someone else without naming anyone. Man up and rely to specific posts in the future rather than ambiguous statements like "sacred cow worshipers."

texaspackerbacker
10-07-2023, 12:23 AM
hahahahahahahahaha Is that what you think? That I might be talking about you? Well guess what ........ You're pretty high on the list. Is that specific enough for ya?

RashanGary
10-07-2023, 06:28 AM
hahahahahahahahaha Is that what you think? That I might be talking about you? Well guess what ........ You're pretty high on the list. Is that specific enough for ya?

How in the fuck do you pick sharpe out as being on the list of dumb asses? I can’t think of one time where it’s crossed my mind that he’s an idiot. Maybe he’s talking shit to you though. I generally chuckle at the shit talk and it’s not something I really note in my mind because I shrug it off as humor. That’s got to be it.

Fritz
10-07-2023, 07:20 AM
Have I called you anything like that? I don't think so. I'm a counter puncher, and rest assured, anybody I've labeled that way showed massive symptoms of the dumbassery I've labeled them as.

Where you and I seem to disagree is you're talking about the season being "even average". I still see this team as loaded with talent, especially with Love playing so well. Take away Joe Barry's ineptitude, and there's no reason the team shouldn't be as good as just about anybody. Even with Barry, we've won a LOT of games, though, and I thoroughly expect that again. The whole league seems a little bit down this year, and the Packers schedule in particular seems conducive to having a damn good record. Losing to a team like the Raiders, though, would be a very bad sign. I don't think that's gonna happen.

MLF seems to think you can "take away Joe Barry's ineptitude," but I don't think that's going to happen. And you're not going to have this young offense able to cover for that, or help that defense much at all. And you saw what that looked like last year. Average. Last year's offense was old and slow, mostly, but to the same effect.

texaspackerbacker
10-07-2023, 09:48 AM
I don't think so either, but we did win 13 or 14 games a couple of years with Barry's D, bad as it was even then. We have probably better D personnel now than then, and I would argue pretty damn good on offense too, especially with Love seemingly panning out really good. With an easier schedule and maybe the whole league down a little bit, I don't see why we can't win almost that many again.

Joemailman
10-07-2023, 04:55 PM
About as good as we could have hoped for.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F73XdPpXAAAS_Xl?format=jpg&name=medium

RashanGary
10-07-2023, 07:46 PM
Oh hot damn, Eric stokes questionable…. I thought the gonorrhea rotted his foot off.

RashanGary
10-07-2023, 07:49 PM
Remember when women used to post here and the woman claimed that a packers cornerback (house maybe) raped her and I read the details and was like, I don’t know, this lady seems like a savvy vet. I don’t know if I’m buying this rape story. And then she was found to be a prostitute and it was a lie. The women were having conniption fits that I didn’t believe the rape story :lol: :lol:

Rastak
10-07-2023, 08:40 PM
WTF does that have to do with the game coming up which is the point of the thread? Rough night?

Joemailman
10-07-2023, 08:54 PM
WTF does that have to do with the game coming up which is the point of the thread? Rough night?

RG so excited about the game he forgot to take his meds.

Anti-Polar Bear
10-08-2023, 12:08 AM
Remember when women used to post here and the woman claimed that a packers cornerback (house maybe) raped her and I read the details and was like, I don’t know, this lady seems like a savvy vet. I don’t know if I’m buying this rape story. And then she was found to be a prostitute and it was a lie. The women were having conniption fits that I didn’t believe the rape story :lol: :lol:

House was by all accounts a good, normal player. If he was single and chicks were throwing themselves at him, who’s to blame him for taking advantage?

I wish chick would throw themselves at me. Alas, as a burger flipper making $15/hr, I could work out 4 times a week and look like a young Brad Pitt and chicks would still avoid me like the fucking plague.

The player in question is actually Brandon Underwood. Underwood, a married man, solicited a couple of working women into his room at a Claymaker golf event. Underwood kicked them out after they tried to rob him. They then called the Five-0’s, accusing Underwood of sexual abuse. For whatever reason, the DA did not charge Underwood with sexual assault. Got hit with solicitation, though.

RashanGary
10-08-2023, 06:05 AM
House was by all accounts a good, normal player. If he was single and chicks were throwing themselves at him, who’s to blame him for taking advantage?

I wish chick would throw themselves at me. Alas, as a burger flipper making $15/hr, I could work out 4 times a week and look like a young Brad Pitt and chicks would still avoid me like the fucking plague.

The player in question is actually Brandon Underwood. Underwood, a married man, solicited a couple of working women into his room at a Claymaker golf event. Underwood kicked them out after they tried to rob him. They then called the Five-0’s, accusing Underwood of sexual abuse. For whatever reason, the DA did not charge Underwood with sexual assault. Got hit with solicitation, though.

You should be the Packers gossip historian. The older you get, the more of a treasure you become for Packers nation.

Fritz
10-08-2023, 06:21 AM

I think it was a different - hey, there’s a squirrel!

bobblehead
10-08-2023, 02:07 PM
Trevor Bauer called....he wants in on this discussion.

Anti-Polar Bear
10-08-2023, 02:11 PM
You should be the Packers gossip historian. The older you get, the more of a treasure you become for Packers nation.

I am, in fact, the self-anointed Packerrats Packers historian. I’ll be happy to yield anything prehistoric about the Packers to Patler, but anything historical after 9-20-92, I am an expert.

RashanGary
10-08-2023, 03:02 PM
I am, in fact, the self-anointed Packerrats Packers historian. I’ll be happy to yield anything prehistoric about the Packers to Patler, but anything historical after 9-20-92, I am an expert.

It might be the internet helping you out, but I appreciate you bringing up all sorts of fun facts that I forget to think about. You do it enough for me to see you as a historian. And it’s usually stuff that I can’t find humor in so it’s even better. Like, talking about stats and what not is alright, but the gossip column from the last 30 years is hilarious and much more fun.

SkinBasket
10-08-2023, 06:21 PM
Thought I’d just stop in and see what pre-excuses y’all were making for Love this week.

RashanGary
10-08-2023, 07:15 PM
Thought I’d just stop in and see what pre-excuses y’all were making for Love this week.

Seeing you bring back your passion will make love stinking worth it.

MadtownPacker
10-08-2023, 09:22 PM
I would suggest ALL of you are careful with why you say if it is potentially slanderous. I have been contacted before regarding something posted requesting it’s removal or action.

So don’t be that guy. RG you best take your meds or take a break because you have been pushing your luck lately.

MadtownPacker
10-08-2023, 09:23 PM
Well it’s gonna be obvious on this one dumbass. We’re gonna cry that Davante Adams isn’t on the Packers. :lol:

KYPack
10-08-2023, 11:18 PM
Well it’s gonna be obvious on this one dumbass. We’re gonna cry that Davante Adams isn’t on the Packers. :lol:

You goin to the ball game, Dawg?

Fritz
10-09-2023, 12:06 PM
Who knows how this game is going to go. Now that Jenkins and Runyan and Tom seem to be cleared, I'm less curious as to what version of the offensive line The Flower trots out there - it would appear Jenkins will play, so it'll probably be Walker-Jenkins-Myer-Runyan-Tom. Hope they stay healthy and play better. I'm aggravated at Jones's hammy - it would seem that thing is really just lingering, and I'm guessing he'll be lightly used again. But at least this time, MiLF, use Jones early on, for god's sake.

Defensively, it's the usual questions: can the defense stop the run? Can Slaton hold the middle? Will Rashan Gary crash inside over and over again and let Jacobs get outside? How many missed tackles will there be?

Davante is going to get his, I'd guess. He's just a pleasure to watch. Even if he's not in the Green and Gold. It would be fun if Alexander got locked up on him through the game, but apparently Joe Barely doesn't really work that way. I noted Jaire went out of his way to say he hopes he's assigned to shadow Adams, but he also supports and believes in the defensive game plan, whatever it is. Hmmm. I wonder if MLF has had a talk with certain guys and asked them to be publicly supportive. Maybe, in exchange, he'll fire Joe Barely after the season.

And can they please just plaster Jeanine Garrapolo tonight?

Joemailman
10-09-2023, 01:13 PM
Tom Pelissero
@TomPelissero

Mentioned on #NFLPlus: #Packers RB Aaron Jones’ status for tonight remains up in the air, and at this point, it sounds unlikely he’ll go. He returned last week after missing two games and made the trip to Vegas. But he was limited in practice all week and isn’t 100%.

Joemailman
10-09-2023, 01:44 PM
Betting line has moved from originally Packers by 2 to Raiders by 2.

RashanGary
10-09-2023, 02:04 PM
Tom Pelissero
@TomPelissero

Mentioned on #NFLPlus: #Packers RB Aaron Jones’ status for tonight remains up in the air, and at this point, it sounds unlikely he’ll go. He returned last week after missing two games and made the trip to Vegas. But he was limited in practice all week and isn’t 100%.

Good thing I didn’t cast that over 49.5 rushing yards bet.

Teamcheez1
10-09-2023, 06:42 PM
Love Jones when he plays, but I’m becoming less inclined to bring him back next year.