PDA

View Full Version : Jeremy Green Chat

motife
04-17-2006, 05:31 PM
Davis (Paradise, CA): Jeremy, What are the chances that the 49ers Trade out of the #6 pick to get more draft picks? and who do you think they may draft in the second round?

Jeremy Green: Hey Davis. I think the 49ers will stay i ntheir spot. Their are really about 8 blue chip players in this draft, so I do not see them moving down. I think they will take Vernon Davis @ #6 and then look WR in round 2 with the potential to take Stovall or Avant.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bobby (Irvine, CA): Two questions: First is Ty law going to Seattle? And second, why wouldnâ??t Arizona try to pick up Joey Harrington?

Jeremy Green: Yes, I believe Law will end up in Seattle. He is looking for a situation where he can compete for a ring and a team that really needs his services - Seattle fits that bill. As for Arizona and Harrington. I know they have some interest, but they also do not want to committ to a Qb prior to the draft, because they would take Young if he fell and they also are enamored with Cutler.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Celo, San Francisco: Why are the Chargers looking to trade Donnie Edwards? He's a solid player and a leader.

Jeremy Green: Celo, I have no idea what the Cahrges are doing. This has been a miserbale off-season, the coach and GM can't stand each other, they let a franchise QB go. Now they trade a solid #2/#3 DC in Davis for a WR that has 0 NFL receptions. Now they might move Edwards, who is still playing at a high level. If I didn't know any better it would apper AJ Smith is setting up Marty to fail.

Steve (Dallas): Jeremy, isn't the NFL Draft next weekend?

Jeremy Green: I wish.

Domes (Pittsburgh): Is Lendale White going to fall out of the first round?

Jeremy Green: Hey Domes. A lot of people think he will, I am not one of them. I think he has now fallen again from the low 20's to the bottom of the round. I think Pitttsburgh would jump on him at 32. I know they don't like character guys, but White does not have as much character issues as he needs some guidance. Cowher, that veteran laden team and a great ownership are just the right mix to put him back on track.

Sean (Charlottesville VA): Who is the best college QB, turned "athlete" from this draft?

Jeremy Green: Michael Robinson.

allen (Dayton (OH)): how good are the patriots.Also who do u think they will pick in the draft lindel white maybe?

Jeremy Green: I am not really fired up about the Pats off-season and have said a few times I think they are now the 2nd best team in the AFC East. I don't like White at their spot, but I think they will jump on DeAngelo Williams.

Dewey (SF): But White has a TORN hammy? That's gotta drop him to mid 2, right? Also, what QBs will still be around in the fourth round?

Jeremy Green: In Pittsburgh's case I don't think so. They have ample RB's to carry the load until he is ready. Pittsburgh is alwasy willing to look at "Value" when making a pick, and he is a guy that could have been a top 10 pick.As for 4th round QB's you are looking at Gradowski, Olson, maybe Clemens from Oregon, but I think he has 3rd round value.

Nick (Dover, Pa): Is there anyone else who can man the Eagles Sam LB other than Dancing Dhani?

Jeremy Green: The Eagles wil lokk to take a LB in the first two rounds. There has been some talk of Sims, but I think he will be gone. They have issues at the position in large part because I don't believe they think the McCoy kid they drafted last season can move int othe starting lineup.

Ron (Cali): Where do you think D.J. Shockley from UGA will end up this year?

Jeremy Green: Atlanta in the 4th round. They have been all over this kid.

Martin Oswald (Rockford (IL)): Do you think the Bears are gonna take Lenoard Pope or Marcedes Lewis in the Draft?

Jeremy Green: Hey Martin. I like Lewis in this spot. Some people have Pope moving ahead of him, but I think Lewis is the better player. He didn't run well at his pro timing day (4.84), but he plays faster. Workouts aside, you put the tape on and Lewis is the better pure football player.

joe, nyc: hey JG..hope you have a nice holiday weekend...if you draft any of the 3 qb's in the draft...do you play them right away or do the ride the bench for a year?

Jeremy Green: You too Joe. No, I am a believer in letting rookie QB's sit for one season. I think they pick up so much more after watching. I thinkthere are situations where you can et guys some time like Cleveland did with Frye last season. I don't beleive in just handing a young QB the regins though.

Collin (Indy): Who do you see the Colt's taking at pick 30? Do they go with a running back? I've seen Rhodes for the last few years. All he's good for is a fumble when you least need it.

Jeremy Green: Hey Collin. I have been getting a little beat up for saying this but I really like Addai here. Of all the backs, I think he is the best fit for THEIR offesne. With White falling he is possible here too. But when you talk about run skills, blocking and catching the ball out o the backfield, I truly believe of all the backs, Addai is the best fit for Indy's offense.

Sean (Charlottesville VA): How does the supplemental draft work? Someone is going to get a, a hell of a steal, with Ahmad Brooks.

Jeremy Green: Hey Sean I am going to answer your other question here too. The Supp. Draft will be in June. THe order for slecting is the sam as the NFL draft. You go round by round until someone takes him. When he is taken, that team loses the pick of the round they slected him in the follwoing year. Some teams if they have no interest in any player, will phone in that AM and tell the league they will not be parttaking. That will not happen in Brooks case though. As for AZ, perfect fit for Pendergasts offense. Conservative organization though and I don't thin kthey would jump in until about round 3. Brooks should be taken with someones pick in the 2nd round of the Supp. draft.

Andy (Portland, OR): What are the chances of the Broncos getting Chad Jackson and DeAngelo Williams at 15 and 22? If Cutler falls do they snag him at 15?

Jeremy Green: Better chance on Jackson than Williams. White screwing this off-seaon up only enhances Williams chances to move up the board. As for Cutler, they would take him. Plummer is 31, and had his best season last year - that was still not good enough to get them to the big game. Van Pelt is not the future - this team needs to start grooming someone.

Tony (Chicago): Will Nelsom from Ucon be in the NFL or the Supplamental draft due to his late notice?

Jeremy Green: It's Ed Nelson and I think he is a Senior so he can be in the NFl draft ala Antonio Gates. He is an atheltic kid with soft hands. I could see someone taking a shot in the 7th round. A bunch of teams are expoected to work him out on April 21.

Dan (Eastlake, OH): which one of the Florida State guys makes the most sense for the Browns at 12?

Jeremy Green: Bunkely makes the most sense. I love Sims, but he is more of a WLB than 3-4 ILB. I do think Bunkley may be gone though and I think Ngata is the guy that falls to the Browns.

Nick (Dover, Pa): Back to the Supp. draft... do you use THIS year's NFL draft pick and take the guy, or does it have to wait to the supp draft? Thanks for clarification.

Jeremy Green: just to clarify. The supp. draft is in June, after the NFL draft.... yo uare giving up a pick in next seasons draft.

Tom (Wisonsin): Jeremy shed a lil light on my Packers situation... Favre, stayin/tradin/retiring?

Jeremy Green: My best guess is that he returns, at least that is what people in their front office have told me. Why he would, I have no idea. Green Bay might currently have on of the worst interior offensive line groups in the NFL.

Sean (Charlottesville VA): What if no one makes a pick in the first round of the draft, how do you get to the second round?

Jeremy Green: It just starts over again at the top of the next round. If nobody takes him in 2 it moves to 3 - it is 7 rounds just like the draft... but a little faster of course.

Brad (NM): Jeremy ..who in H E double hockey sticks is Craig Nall?

Jeremy Green: A lot of experts think he is going to be like Hasselabck. That guy that never got his chance in Green Bay. The one difference is that mentally he knows the ins and outs of the West Coast offense (like Hassleback did)... he is not playing in that offense with the Bills. I like his phyiscal tools., the on question I have is how is he going to perform if he knows he has to be the guy.

melvin (braintree, ma): Jeremy, Hello. I enjoy the passion you show for your work. Question: what's the knock on Stovall (Kiper has him going 3rd round)? Too slow at 4.58? Only 1 yr. big production? Is he not a worker? How do you think he'll pan out?

Jeremy Green: You hit a lot of it. One year of real production, nad there are concerns about his work ethic. He has excellent size., but he does not play big. I think he was disinterested early in his career with the system. Look, they bring in Weiss who is a real offensive coach that can thrown the ball around and he has a big season. I think he has tremendous upside and is a 2nd round pick.

Mark (Chicago): Jeremy, who do you think will be the first WR flagged for "over-celebrating"??

Jeremy Green: Chad Johnson - no doubt.

joe, nyc: i think your dad would be crazy to take cutler..he has jp losman written all over him...winston justice is his pick! tell me i'm wrong!

Jeremy Green: I actually think they should go defesne with Ernie Sims. They have a ton of offensive fire power right now. They would be scary defensively with the way Pendergast likes to blitz with Dansby and Sims running all over the field.

josh (tamaqua, PA): hey jeremy if denver does go wideout with number 15 and they had the choice of holmes or jackson...who would you pick if you were their GM......Thanks!

Jeremy Green: I would take Holmes. West coast system means you have to be able to run after the catch. Rod Smith was one of the best in the NFL at doing that in his prime. I think Holmes fits better, where I see Jackson more in the mold of Lelie. Notice I said in the mold of before you guys kill me - Jackson will be a better player than Lelie.

melvin (braintree, ma): Is Cromartie going to turn out to be the best CB in this draft?

Jeremy Green: It al depends on one thing... can he stay healthy? If he can , my answer is yes, because in terms of pure corner skills, he is the best in this draft.

RK (motown): many people including me is projected the lions to draft Michael Huff. What position do you see him playing if the lions draft him? Free Safety or Cornerback?

Jeremy Green: Hey RK. I think he has to play Safety. I talked to a few DB coaches that were at his workout and they told me he did npot pedal or flip his hips like a top DC. He is a guy that could play in the slot though vs. multiple receiver sets. Most importnatly if they take him is to put him at one spot and keep him there. Nothing screws up a young player more than moving him all over the place - its hard enough to get a rookie to learn one posiiton.

JJC (DC): Brandon Guillery? Ever heard of him? A mock draft I saw had him as the Giants #25 pick.

Jeremy Green: What???? He is a small school DE/OLB from LA. Monroe. He is best suited in a 3-4 scheme. He had a very good Pro Day, which might have moved him in to the later rounds, but Ithink that was a "spoof" mock.

sheldon (Harrisburg,Pa): Help me understand why the 49er's would draft Veron Davis when they already have Eric Johnson?

Jeremy Green: There has been no TE that has been injured the past two seasons as much as Eric Johnson. I don't think anyone including their organization feels he can stay healthy.

Mat (Scottsdale, AZ): Jeremy, is Denver's 15th and 22nd picks and an additional 2nd or 3rd rounder equal enough value for Houston to trade down? Isn't there a trade calculator to figure this out that teams use?

Jeremy Green: Hey Mat. There is a trade system that teams use, and I have created my own too. I am hoping we will put it up on .Com and give the fans a chance to see what it takes to move around from spot to spot in the draft. What do you guys think? Good or bad idea to put it online? To answer your question - 15, 22, and their #2 could get them to the #2 overall pick, so it is close enough for Houston to do the deal if they wanted to.

Greg (Los Angeles): What is your take on the Woods Davis trade? Who got the better of the deal?

Jeremy Green: San Francisco - Woods is a bust.

Jeff (OHIO): Hey....Kellen Winslow has been injured more than Eric Johnson...how could you miss that?!?!?!?!

Jeremy Green: Good point as always Jeff... my sarcasm got the best of me on that one.

Danny (Philly): Jeremy please answer my question!!! There was a lot of talk about Robert Gallery when he came into the draft. Why dont we hear about him any more? Is it because hes a lineman or hes not as good as we thought?

Jeremy Green: Kind of like waht I was saying to RK with Huff. First off, I think they moved him around too much early in his career. He also needs to get a lot stronger.

Jake (Columbia,MD): What's up JG...Ravens Question....Does Ozzie trade up for Vince Young if he makes it to Oakland at 7? and what would it take to get there?

Jeremy Green: No, the Ravens need a veteran not a rookie and to do that deal it would cost them a 3rd on the trade chart. They have too many holes to fill and should be looking at moving down instead of up.

Jason (San Diego, CA): Sammy Davis is terrible. He was no better than the 4th best CB on the chargers last year, and if you hadn't noticed the chargers aren't known for their CBs. It was a Trash for Trash trade, do those really have a winner?

Jeremy Green: Thanks Jason.... Woods has exactly 7 NFL receptions. Davis was a starter two seasons ago.

Steve (Boston): Who do you see the Chargers drafting in the first round?

Jeremy Green: I think they will go with a corner. I like Cromartie here but the injuries don't make him as safe a pick as say Joseph from Sout Carolina. I personnaly would roll the dice with Cromartie though.

Angelo (NY, NY): Maybe I missed this from earlier, but who do you see the Jets going after at No. 4? Do you see them trying to trade up to No. 2 to get Leinart? What about at No. 29?

Jeremy Green: I think they should move down, but in all reality I think they are going to stay where they are and take Ferguson. White now becomes a strong possibiliuty for the Jets at the bottom of the round. With Martin coming back, they will not need to really count on the RB they take early in the season.

Jeremy Green: I think they should move down, but in all reality I think they are going to stay where they are and take Ferguson. White now becomes a strong possibiliuty for the Jets at the bottom of the round. With Martin coming back, they will not need to really count on the RB they take early in the season.

David (Arizona): How good do you see Rivers being this season? Will he be good enough to save Marty Ball's job?

Jeremy Green: I think he is going to struggle. He played pretty poorly in that season finale vs. Denver when they had their starting defense on the sidelines for the majority of the 2nd half. I think the Chargers made a huge mistake letting Brees go, now Edwards. This team is now the 3rd best team in the AFC West.

Jake (Columbia,MD): JG, since they need a Vet (The Ravens), is it most likely going to be McNair? And though i agree they need a vet, don't you thik they need a rookie to develop b/c Boller might indeed prove to be a bust?

Jeremy Green: I agree Jake... just don't need to take him in the first round.

Jason (Pittsburgh): Is Sinorice Moss good enough to step up and eventually be a #1 reciever or the best of the #2's? A lot of people have him projected to the Steelers, but I dont think he is going to be much better than Cedric Wilson, who they have now.

Jeremy Green: No, I dod not think he will ever be a #1. I think he will eventually be a #2, after spending a few seasons as a #3. I think he is better than Cedrick Wilson because he is much better with the ball in his hands. He would be a nice fit as the Pittsbugh's #3.

scott (baton rouge, la): jeremy do you agree that for all its worth, drew brees contract is nothng more than a one year deal? considering the terrbile devestation to new orleans, the saints needed some form of pr to get the fans back, and drew brees is that pr. i think the saints have to take a qb at number 2 what is your thinking on this matter.....thanks

Jeremy Green: Hey Scott. I am on the same page with you. I think they should go QB and go with Leinart. Brees' deal could easily be a i-year deal. Even if Brooks were still a Saint and they took a QB, that QB would sit for season. Why change the logic? We also don't know how Brees' arm will react after the shoulder surgery - he never had a cannon anyways. QB should be the pick, but it looks like they have other ideas.

Angelo (NY, NY): ESPN Rumors is reporting that the Chargers are shopping Donnie Edwards for a first day draft pick. Do you think the Giants, in need of LB help, should be picking up the phone?

Jeremy Green: I think both the Giants and the Vikings should be picking up the phone.

Ram (NJ): Which QBs do you think will make a successful transition from QB to perhaps WR?

Jeremy Green: I think the tow guys with the best chance will be Michael Robinson and Brad Smith. Two others that could are McNeal and Shockley but I think they have a chance to develop and play QB in the NFL.

jon (winchester, va): Who do you think the packers will take at no. 5?

Jeremy Green: Unfourtunately I think the will take Mario Williams who is very over-hyped in a marginal DE draft at the top. I think Hawk will be the better player.

Todd (Syracuse, NY): with all the needs of Houston, GB, etc., why dont teams have a more realistic approach to the draft an get out of the top ten and stock pile picks?

Jeremy Green: Teams would like to do that., but its not always easy to find trade partners. a lot of Owners don't want to trade into the top 5 because of the huge SB money. Coaches don't like to trade into the top 5 because it costs a lot in terms of draft pick compensation.

Ahmed (Seattle): I keep hearing about Ty Law any chance the Seahawks go after a younger Charles Woodson instead?

Jeremy Green: Even though Woodson is younger, I think teams are a little scared off by his off-the-field issues.

Derek - Lincoln: Who do you see Oakland taking at #7? Any chance Hawk is still there?

Jeremy Green: I think there is a very good chance if Green Bay takes Williams at #5. San Francisco needs some LB help at #6, but playing Hawk in a 3-4 is like trying to put a square peg in a round hole - it just doesn't fit. He is a gret player, but he really needs to be a WLB in a 4-3 scheme.

Kim (San Diego): Aren't you a little contradictory when you say the Chargers should have kept Brees and then turn around and say the Saints may draft a QB because they don't know how his shoulder will hold up?!?

Jeremy Green: Not really, because they know him and they had him. The Saints is a total fifferent scenario with a new staff, a new system. Even if Brees shoulder wasn't 100% right now, the Chargers know what they have with him once he gets back to 100%. If Brees is slow to heal in NEw Orleans, it becomes a bad situation where the fans and organization are frustrated with him.

raza (MD): who do u see redskins drafting in the 2 round?

Jeremy Green: Hey Razza, have not talked much about the Skins since they don't have a first round pick. I think they will go LB - two I like that should be on the baord are McIntosh from Miami and Hodge from Iowa.

Jordan (San Jose): Once again, you suck at typing.

Jeremy Green: Once again thanks. See, here I am staying 30 minutes after my chat ended and ther has to be a wise guy in the group.

Mike (Pasco, WA): Why isn't anyone talking about Jerome Harrison of Washington State? The guy was on an awful team and still got 1900 yards on the ground? Doesn't production count for anything in the draft? And he's about the same size as Bush...

Jeremy Green: Hey Mike. Harrison is rising roight now. Scouts thought he would run in that mid 4.5 range and then he ran in the mid 4'4.s. I think he is a lot like when the Cards took Arrington - he is rising and I think he will now go in the middle to late 2nd round.

Majeed: JG, Will you try to break your chat record of 2 hours & 5 minutes? Come you can do it man!

Jeremy Green: They told me some guy beat my 2 hours and 5 minutes and dropped 2 1/2 hours. I'm out at 6:00 tonight - sorry guys.

Jack (Tuscaloosa, AL): Dont listen to him Jeremy, thanks for the extra time. Even though you didnt answer my question about whether the Steelers would end up with the steal of the draft (Lendale White) again because of an injury.

Jeremy Green: I think I hit it earlier from someone else. Pittsburgh would be al l over White. With Parker, they would not need to count on him from day 1. He is a perfect fit - tough coach, veteran team. I think he needs to be in a place like Pittsburgh to get his act back on track.

Mat (Scottsdale, AZ): Can you elaborate on your Mario Williams comment about him being overrated? Were does he rank on your draft board?

Jeremy Green: I would not take him inside the top 10. Experts comparing him to Peppers? Not even close. Peppers played the run much better coming out.

joe, nyc: ok JG if you answer this question you will be kings of the chats of espn...as a former front office personal guy...did u ever listen to what espn had as far as who was dropping or the mock drafts or even listen to someone like mel kiper talk about the draft

Jeremy Green: We never took their advice, but sure we listened because a lot of the stuff we talk about we here directly from NFL teams. A lot of the stuff we put on the site, are from sources within the league. It's an information busineess, so you might as well gather all the data you can.

Zach (Des Moines): I saw on SportsCenter that some guy out of Northwestern St. could be a sleeper...who is he and where do you see him?

Jeremy Green: Hey Zach. I would say your are talking about corner David Pittman. He's a player that is a shade under 6000, has long rms and ran well at this pro timing day. He is a guy with solid cover skills, but is a little "raw" due to the level of comp. He is a guy that has moved into that 5th round range though.

Mike (Tampa, FL): Hey Jeremy- Thanks for the time. Do you think Greenway is the pick for the Vikes if they sit tight at 17? Or do they make a move for a QB?

Jeremy Green: Greenway is moving back up and would be a solid fit in their defense. A big part of the Vikes 1st round will depend on how far Cutler falls. If he gets to 10, I think the Vikes pick up the phone and start tryting to move up.

JJC (DC): What's up with Lavar?

Jeremy Green: Still mulling it over. The guy is trying to break the bank, when he should take a 1-year deal and get back to the table next season. Miami is where he should be. He was with their LB coach George Edwards in Washington and in Saban's scheme where he will move all over the place he will put up monster numbers and get that mondter contract in '07.

Greg (Boston, Massachusetts): Hey JG. Any idea where the Denver Broncos will go with their 15, and 22nd picks? Any possibility of a trade into the top ten?

Jeremy Green: Hey Greg. The only player I could see them going to get is Davis. I have talked with people in their front office and I get the impression form them that they are going to stand pat and take two players with the picks. Shanahan knows they were close last season and they think he feels that two immediate impact players would put them over the top.

joe, nyc: who has had the worse offseason so far??

Jeremy Green: Indy - "You cannot replace an Edggerin James." Losing Thornton and Triplett didn't help either.

Andy (Akron, OH): Hey Jeremy, thanks for taking the questions. Any chance the Browns take Ernie Sims?

Jeremy Green: If both Bunkley and Ngata were gone they would consider the pick. Like I said about Hawk earlier thogh, Sims is really a 4-3 WLB. He is not best suited to play ILB in a 3-4 because it doesn't give him the freedom to run and chase with his excellent speed and AA.

joe, nyc: who had the best offseason then??

Jeremy Green: Cleveland. They added quality young players and a nice mix of vets. As soon as Frye gets a year under his belt, I think they can start thinking about the playoffs in 2007.

Albert (Chicago): Hey JG. Shouldn't the dolphins get a WR in the first round (maybe holmes or jackson) to help out culpepper? If not, what position do you seethem taking?

Jeremy Green: Yes, I agree. Right now I ahve them taking Chad Jackson. Some expert have them taking a DC or DS, but I really think they should go Offense. Saban is so good on the defensive side of the ball that I think they can cover up some of their defficiencies - you can't say the same thing about their offense.

Jeremy Green: I want to wish everyone a Happy Easter. Have a happy and safe Holiday. Catch you next Friday here on the show where we will hit it for another 2-hours.

Bretsky
04-17-2006, 06:26 PM
""jon (winchester, va): Who do you think the packers will take at no. 5?

Jeremy Green: Unfourtunately I think the will take Mario Williams who is very over-hyped in a marginal DE draft at the top. I think Hawk will be the better player. ""

I AGREE

motife
04-17-2006, 07:45 PM

Jeremy Green: Unfourtunately I think the will take Mario Williams who is very over-hyped in a marginal DE draft at the top. I think Hawk will be the better player. ""

I AGREE

The little I saw of Mario actually playing he never did anything. His college stats are not that good either. He got a bunch of sacks in 2 or 3 games and none the rest of the season.

He's all "measureables". If you went based on college performance alone, he's not a top 5 pick.

CyclonePackFan
04-17-2006, 08:09 PM

I AGREE

The little I saw of Mario actually playing he never did anything. His college stats are not that good either. He got a bunch of sacks in 2 or 3 games and none the rest of the season.

He's all "measureables". If you went based on college performance alone, he's not a top 5 pick.

Word. I'll make it 4/4 who don't like Mario

b bulldog
04-17-2006, 08:43 PM
wELL i LOVE mARIO AND WILL SAY AGAIN THAT hAWK ISN'T WORTHY OF BEING PICKED IN THE TOP 5. Many think Mario is the second best player in this draft. We can all agree to disagree though and that is what makes the draft so good.

MJZiggy
04-17-2006, 09:00 PM
We'll all know this time next year and I'm sure we'll even occasionally speak of it...

ND72
04-17-2006, 09:16 PM
I think Mario is the 4th best Defensive player in the draft, but that's me...

Bretsky
04-17-2006, 09:32 PM
I think Mario is the 4th best Defensive player in the draft, but that's me...

4th ?

1. Hawk
2. Huff

3 ?

4. M Williams

Who is #3 than ? One of my hopes going into draft day is No to Ngata. I was wondering if you have him as #3.

CyclonePackFan
04-17-2006, 09:42 PM
wELL i LOVE mARIO AND WILL SAY AGAIN THAT hAWK ISN'T WORTHY OF BEING PICKED IN THE TOP 5. Many think Mario is the second best player in this draft. We can all agree to disagree though and that is what makes the draft so good.

I missed the end part of the last sentence of your quote at first and was just thinking "but that's what makes the draft so much damn fun!" NOBODY knows how these guys are gonna turn out. Some no name in the 7th round could be the next household name, and that hyped 1st rounder could blow out his knee and never step on the field again.

Personally, if I was going on pure athletic ability, I'd have Williams in the top 3 along with Vernon Davis and Vince Young. I think what draws so many people to Hawk is that he's a safe, consistent player who has experience in big-time situations. You don't get closer than the NFL than playing big-time teams like Texas, Penn State, Michigan, Wisconsin, and Notre Dame. I don't think Mario made first-team all-ACC, and I personally hate the ACC. You've got three powerhouses in FSU, Miami, and VT, and then a bunch of creampuffs, where Mario racked up his stats.

Is it Draft Day yet?

b bulldog
04-17-2006, 10:02 PM
1 Mario
2 Hawk,Huff
4. a HEALTHY CrOMARTIE

Bretsky
04-17-2006, 10:05 PM
1 Mario
2 Hawk,Huff
4. a HEALTHY CrOMARTIE

Cromartie is anther boom or bust ; you tend to like those :wink:

b bulldog
04-17-2006, 10:07 PM
I think if and if is a very big if but if he is healthy, he will be a superstar. No such thing as a sure thing in the draft.

ND72
04-17-2006, 10:09 PM
1. AJ Hawk
2. Michael Huff
3. Jimmy williams
4. Mario Williams

b bulldog
04-17-2006, 10:14 PM
What a ....... J Williams could be a second rounder. he thinks he is better than he really is. You just lost all credibility.

ND72
04-17-2006, 10:15 PM
Jimmy will be the better Williams. Mario will be "Super Bust".

MJZiggy
04-17-2006, 10:17 PM
Didn't Jimmy have some off-field and attitude issues?

ND72
04-17-2006, 10:19 PM
he has an attitude problem, but so does mario, hence why he was benched for a game last season for "not listening to coaches" and "actions detrimental to the team". (nfl.com draft bio).

b bulldog
04-17-2006, 10:19 PM
Just a few. His interviews were awful and he is full of himself. Won't be drafted before the 20's roll around and could be picked in round two.

ND72
04-17-2006, 10:20 PM
Jimmy Williams will be drafted before #20.

MJZiggy
04-17-2006, 10:26 PM
I sense a wager coming.

b bulldog
04-17-2006, 10:34 PM
We will see

b bulldog
04-17-2006, 10:34 PM
I've seen his going from 11 all the way to 28.

Bretsky
04-17-2006, 10:38 PM
I've seen his going from 11 all the way to 28.

IMO if Williams had a good attitude he'd be going in the 8-10 range I think he'll end up in the 12-18 range probably closer to 18.

b bulldog
04-17-2006, 10:42 PM
The Bengals would be my pick