PDA

View Full Version : What we don't know - behind the scenes

Patler
09-17-2006, 07:31 AM
Some on here have implied that TT is some how oblivious to the locker room impact players he signs might have, poiinting to his signing of Koren Robinson. I have never felt that way because, after all, TT played in the NFL for 10 years and knows what team chemistry is all about. I found the following in a JSO article:

"Before Robinson was signed, general manager Ted Thompson consulted with a number of veterans on the team, including Driver and quarterback Brett Favre, to see if they were open to the idea of having him on the team. None objected, and the word was spread that it was important to be conscious of Robinson's problem so that he wasn't put in a compromising situation."

He didn't go out and blindly sign a potential problem. He obviously gave it careful consideration before deciding to do it.

Rastak
09-17-2006, 07:35 AM
Some on here have implied that TT is some how oblivious to the locker room impact players he signs might have, poiinting to his signing of Koren Robinson. I have never felt that way because, after all, TT played in the NFL for 10 years and knows what team chemistry is all about. I found the following in a JSO article:

"Before Robinson was signed, general manager Ted Thompson consulted with a number of veterans on the team, including Driver and quarterback Brett Favre, to see if they were open to the idea of having him on the team. None objected, and the word was spread that it was important to be conscious of Robinson's problem so that he wasn't put in a compromising situation."

He didn't go out and blindly sign a potential problem. He obviously gave it careful consideration before deciding to do it.

So the inmates are running the assylum is what you are saying? He takes a poll before signing guys and this is a good thing?

Patler
09-17-2006, 07:42 AM
So the inmates are running the assylum is what you are saying? He takes a poll before signing guys and this is a good thing?

No, not at all. He consulted the leadership of the team to get a sense for their feelings before completing a controversial move. He considered the attitude of the team not by guess and conjecture, but by discussion with several veterans. I believe he made the ultimate decisision based on facts and information.

Rastak
09-17-2006, 07:49 AM

No, not at all. He consulted the leadership of the team to get a sense for their feelings before completing a controversial move. He considered the attitude of the team not by guess and conjecture, but by discussion with several veterans. I believe he made the ultimate decisision based on facts and information.

I was sort of kidding....I would guess this is a special case and that's why he consulted with some team members. If he did it every time that would be more than a bit odd.

Patler
09-17-2006, 07:52 AM

I was sort of kidding....I would guess this is a special case and that's why he consulted with some team members. If he did it every time that would be more than a bit odd.

I agree completely.