PDA

View Full Version : Packers vs. Broncos Discussion Thread

Joemailman
10-17-2023, 10:17 AM
All-time series is tied 7-7-1. Packers lead 7-6-1 in regular season, 0-1 in postseason. Packers are 1-7 at Denver.

Last meeting: September 22, 2019. Packers defeated Broncos 27-16 at Lambeau. MVS caught 6 passes for 99 yards and 1 TD. Packers defense sacked Joe Flacco 6 times.

Offensively Broncos rank 17th in points scored, 21st in yards. Russell Wilson has thrown for 1305 yards, with 12 TD's and 4 INT's. Javonte Williams and Jaleel McLaughlin lead Broncos with 190 rushing yards each. Courtland Sutton is their leading receiver with 25 catches for 275 yards and 4 TD's.

Defensively, Broncos rank 32nd in both points scored and yards allowed. Opposing QB's have thrown for 1715 yards with 14 TD's and 4 INT's. Opponents have rushed for 1034 yards for a 5.6 YPC and 8 TD's. Broncos have sacked opposing QB's 14 times. Broncos did hold the Chiefs to just 19 points in their last outing. Chiefs had nearly 400 yards total offense but produced just 1 TD.

Packers are 1 point favorites.

Moneyline: Packers -120, Broncos +100

Over/under: 44.5

Fritz
10-17-2023, 11:54 AM
Not quite on topic - though dammit, if there was ever a team to settle down against, it's this one. But when I go to Packerrats, it doesn't come up in the usual form - it doesn't have the yellow background, etc. - it comes up as a list of bullet points and is tough to navigate. Anyone else having this problem? Can I do anything to make it go back to how it used to appear?

Joemailman
10-17-2023, 01:21 PM
Not quite on topic - though dammit, if there was ever a team to settle down against, it's this one. But when I go to Packerrats, it doesn't come up in the usual form - it doesn't have the yellow background, etc. - it comes up as a list of bullet points and is tough to navigate. Anyone else having this problem? Can I do anything to make it go back to how it used to appear?

I have the same problem with Chrome. I had to switch to another browser.

Joemailman
10-17-2023, 02:25 PM
Packers have signed RB James Robinson. Was outstanding for Jax in 2020, but hasn't been the same since an achilles injury in 2021.

run pMc
10-17-2023, 03:51 PM
Packers have signed RB James Robinson. Was outstanding for Jax in 2020, but hasn't been the same since an achilles injury in 2021.

PS signing. Patrick Taylor isn't coming back. Robinson looked meh in preseason. His vision is a little better than Dillon's, that's about the best I can say about him. He's depth.

Emanuel Wilson looked ok in preseason, but that was preseason.

They also signed a CB/S named Anthony Johnson. I think they're trying to corner the market on them. Kiondre Thomas released.
I doubt any of these signings will matter much. Corey Ballentine can't be called up anymore but maybe they play Stokes.

MadScientist
10-17-2023, 06:05 PM

I see the issue on Firefox when navigating back, but if I hit reload I get the proper formatting. I don't see it on Edge.

MadScientist
10-17-2023, 06:18 PM
Denver genuinely stinks. With the extra healing and prep time, the only way the Packers should lose this one is if the players are a mile higher than the stadium.

CaptainD
10-17-2023, 06:35 PM

Yes, same issue unless I use firefox or opera

Anti-Polar Bear
10-17-2023, 07:21 PM
As the newly anointed Packerrats Packer historian, it is my duty to info y’all that the Packers’ only victory against the Asses of Denver in Denver was in week 8 of the 2007 season.

Game, a Monday Night Football special, was the coming-out party of some handsome lad named Ryan Grant. Although the game was mostly a defensive battle for both teams, Grant’s emergence added favor to what was at that point in space-time a flavorless, stonewalling Packer ground game. A tons of Pack fans purchased the 25 Green and Mustard Yellow after that game.

Game went into OT at 13-13. Greg Jennings, at the coin toss, said something about wanting the ball and scoring. First play from scrimmage in OT, Bert Favor faked a hand-off to Grant and tossed a perfect bomb to Jennings, who took it to da house, as a young Butte looked on.

Bretsky
10-17-2023, 09:36 PM
Denver is terrible; we should win this game by double digits

bobblehead
10-18-2023, 10:27 AM
What a great matchup of 2 teams that "went all in" the last couple seasons. It will be ugly. No way to predict it, however if we can't beat a bad team coming off a bye week......

Then again its a road game out of conference which are always tough. I think we find a way to win. Preston Smith will give up at least one easy 20 yard gain while covering Jeudy or some other dumb shit.

run pMc
10-18-2023, 11:38 AM
Barry shouldn't call a "3 up, 3 under" cover 3 on a spread formation without having a 'can' call to audible to. You can bet other teams noticed now that it's on film, and they'll test it.

GB is the better team talent wise, but I thought that about ATL and LV too. IDK who will rush the passer for DEN now thar Randt Gregory and Frank Clark are gone. Surtain is the best player they have on D. They have some good players on O but they aren't meshing.
DEN will test GB's run defense. Russell Wilson will run all over but I'm not sure he's good anymore. I hope GB is rested and learned something in the self-scout.

RashanGary
10-18-2023, 12:36 PM
Barry shouldn't call a "3 up, 3 under" cover 3 on a spread formation without having a 'can' call to audible to. You can bet other teams noticed now that it's on film, and they'll test it.

GB is the better team talent wise, but I thought that about ATL and LV too. IDK who will rush the passer for DEN now thar Randt Gregory and Frank Clark are gone. Surtain is the best player they have on D. They have some good players on O but they aren't meshing.
DEN will test GB's run defense. Russell Wilson will run all over but I'm not sure he's good anymore. I hope GB is rested and learned something in the self-scout.

It’s horrible in the sense that Preston was handling the shallow zone, but not as bad as it seemed because Preston wasn’t covering Davante alone. There was a lot of help over him to insure it wouldn’t be a big play.

Bad alignment. Easy 7-15 yards for 17. But not as dangerous as “Davante covered by Preston” makes it seem.

Joemailman
10-18-2023, 04:53 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F8wLBvqWUAAEYtU?format=jpg&name=medium

Joemailman
10-18-2023, 06:22 PM
CBS Late - Midwest and mountain states will get Packers at Denver. Kevin Harlan and Trent Green with the call. Everybody else, including Alaska will get Chargers at Kansas City. Jim Nantz and Tony Romo with the call.

https://506sports.com/2023/07-CBS-L.png

Joemailman
10-19-2023, 05:43 PM
Once again, Campbell is the only Packer not practicing.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F81QnvvXkAA01Xd?format=png&name=900x900

Joemailman
10-20-2023, 03:32 PM
Matt Schneidman
@mattschneidman

Elgton Jenkins and Jaire Alexander were the only two DNPs at practice today. LaFleur said Jenkins’ absence was more precautionary.

mgordo
10-20-2023, 03:54 PM
Matt Schneidman
@mattschneidman

Elgton Jenkins and Jaire Alexander were the only two DNPs at practice today. LaFleur said Jenkins’ absence was more precautionary.

It's time to sell. Get a 1st round and a 2nd round pick for Jaire. Drake London made him look pedestrian. He's more talk than talent.

Joemailman
10-20-2023, 04:20 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F86ZoOMWIAADuxr?format=jpg&name=large

run pMc
10-20-2023, 04:37 PM
It's time to sell. Get a 1st round and a 2nd round pick for Jaire. Drake London made him look pedestrian. He's more talk than talent.

Yes and we should have dealt Rodgers after the MIA game some 13 years ago for a 4th round pick because he could barely complete half his throws and lose in overtime to Tony Sporano's Dolphins with Chad Henne at QB. Clearly a bust.
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201010170gnb.htm#all_player_offense

That's a pretty hot take to troll you've got there, or else just a knee jerk reaction to an injury report.
Seeing lots of funny comments out in teh interwebz about how GB comes off a bye looking even more injured.

If we're to even attempt to take the "Trade Jaire" idea seriously, you'd have to see if his contract would allow that (it won't, they'd need $19M of cap space just to trade or cut him this year), and then look at what you could get for him. If he's that pedestrian, why would anyone give up a R1 and a R2 pick for him?

Here's another thought: what if they trade Rashan instead of extending him? He's going to get money just south of TJ Watt, but he's basically a very very good designated pass rusher. He can't defend the run, so you're paying all world money for a passing down player. He's coming off an ACL and he's got about 4-5 years of prime left -- you could probably trade him to someone for an R1 and R2 (think a discount Khalil Mack trade) and start over. Use it for ammo to move up for a QB, or start over with another EDGE who is younger, cheaper and not injured. Just a thought. Not saying I totally like it or agree, but it is -- in the short term -- a more likely move than a Jaire trade.

run pMc
10-20-2023, 04:41 PM
When LaFleur was pressed on if Alexander and Jenkins were held out due to precautionary measures, he replied, “I believe so,” on Friday.
https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/2023/10/20/23925717/green-bay-packers-vs-denver-broncos-week-7-injury-report-update-jaire-alexander-aaron-jones

Teamcheez1
10-20-2023, 04:55 PM
Injuries should be at the forefront of every decision on whether to extend or keep certain players at the end of this season. We’re in rebuild mode, no sense in keeping players whose contribution has been greatly impacted by injury, thinking there is always “next year”.

bobblehead
10-20-2023, 06:23 PM
The types of injuries have to factor in. Injuries happen. Some players just don't take care of their bodies and are more prone. Its on management to understand the difference.

I have no interest in trading young up and coming stars. I want to trade aging stars. If you trade Jaire and/or Gary, you are giving away guys that are supposed to be part of the next Owl run.

texaspackerbacker
10-20-2023, 06:33 PM
We shouldn’t be trading anybody who is any good. This team still should be loaded enough with talent to cruise through the fairly easy schedule and go a long way in the playoffs.

Bretsky
10-20-2023, 10:44 PM
We shouldn’t be trading anybody who is any good. This team still should be loaded enough with talent to cruise through the fairly easy schedule and go a long way in the playoffs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7fjDS0jKiE

Vincenzo
10-20-2023, 11:18 PM
Denver won’t be there.

There’s 5 of us who recall one of us big mouths exclaiming, “Denver won’t be there” during the 2015 Playoffs with Payton Manning and Von Miller AND Demarcus Ware. Broncos were the AFC’s #1 seed going into that playoff year.
And just before the playoffs start, at that very moment one of us big mouthed prognosticator says Denver won’t be there.
Well, Denver went straight to the Super Bowl and we all laughed Denver won’t be there.

So fer sure this weekend, it’s Denver won’t be there.

bobblehead
10-21-2023, 01:15 PM
Bretsky, you did much better than me. I was so dumbfounded I was speechless. I still have nothing.

bobblehead
10-21-2023, 01:16 PM
*This is one time I would be very happy to eat crow, much like the Rashaan Gary pick. Sometimes its good to be wrong.

call_me_ishmael
10-21-2023, 09:21 PM
Why in the world would they trade Gary who is a freak athlete that clearly works extremely hard? That’s really something.

bobblehead
10-21-2023, 10:26 PM
Why in the world would they trade Gary who is a freak athlete that clearly works extremely hard? That’s really something.

I think the rumor mill is Alexander, I just said Gary as an example of who a team should never trade. Guys like Preston will age out before they can help win an Owl, but young guys going into their second contract have to be retained.

MadtownPacker
10-22-2023, 09:00 AM
Possible you accidentally selected the mobile style in that browser? If that is what it is scroll all the way down and click on where it says “Full Site” if you see it. If not try deleting your browser cache. Make sure to delete All not just recent stuff.

pittstang5
10-22-2023, 09:53 AM
Possible you accidentally selected the mobile style in that browser? If that is what it is scroll all the way down and click on where it says “Full Site” if you see it. If not try deleting your browser cache. Make sure to delete All not just recent stuff.

Same situation here using Google Chrome. I have to use Edge in order to get on this page.

Just checked what you stated above regarding mobile style and deleting cache. Just did all that stuff and still can't use Chrome for this page.

Fritz
10-22-2023, 11:54 AM

Hmmm. I tried what you said, but there is no "full site" option, so that's not going to work. I'll try to clear the history and see what happens.

In the meantime, it's clear that Denver is one of the two or three worst teams in the league. So - if you can't beat them today, then you are one of the worst two or three teams in the league...

It's troubling that this team cannot get healthy. Aaron Jones STILL has lingering hammy problems, and now Alexander's back is acting up again? Sheesh. It's not helping that the Jest are beating teams like the Iggles with a backup QB.

Also, speaking of the Jest, notice that their defense IS carrying that team? Still waiting for a Joe Barely defense to do that. Sure, they held a shitty Raiders offense to seventeen points, but when the Packers did take a lead, the defense handed it right back...

And now the ST are playing like they used to. What's going on, Matty The Flower?

texaspackerbacker
10-22-2023, 12:09 PM
Bretsky, yeah yeah yeah on that famous Mora clip. I’m the guy who always said “playoffs be damned,I prefer a great regular season record”. I see about 5 straight very winnable games followed by two toughies then probably 3 more wins to finish the season. So why all the panic and negativity at this point?