PDA

View Full Version : Official Fire Adam Stenavich Thread

Joemailman
10-22-2023, 07:34 PM
Everybody wants to fire Joe Barry, but the Packers have lost 3 games in which the Packers defense allowed less than 20 points.

The total dysfunction of the offense in the first half of games suggests a lack of developing a game plan that can be successful against the opposing defense. Since Stenavich was promoted to OC, the defense has regressed across the board.

KYPack
10-22-2023, 07:48 PM
My neighbor (from Appleton) agrees with you 100%. The Pack always seems to have this "rotate the coach" mentality. It looks like this rotation didn't work worth shit.

Travisb72
10-22-2023, 07:49 PM
Everybody wants to fire Joe Barry, but the Packers have lost 3 games in which the Packers defense allowed less than 20 points.

The total dysfunction of the offense in the first half of games suggests a lack of developing a game plan that can be successful against the opposing defense. Since Stenavich was promoted to OC, the defense has regressed across the board.

I wouldn’t fire him. But I’d demote him back to OLine coach. Our oline has really regressed since they promoted him.

beveaux1
10-22-2023, 08:06 PM
I wouldn’t fire him. But I’d demote him back to OLine coach. Our oline has really regressed since they promoted him.

Call him and pay him as the offensive coordinator. Let the passing game coordinator and MLF handle the game planning.

pittstang5
10-22-2023, 08:08 PM
Fire 'em all!!! Barry, Stenavich, MLF - throw in the Training Staff too. Blow it up and rebuild.

MadtownPacker
10-22-2023, 09:31 PM
We are beyond that Pitt. It’s time to visit Rodgers with hats in hand to ask him if he will officially take the GM job.

call_me_ishmael
10-22-2023, 11:00 PM
Anybody think Milf will bring in his bro?

Upnorth
10-23-2023, 07:59 AM
Perhaps ts stenevich, but I think Lafleur is asking our oline to do the impossible.
I heard whale and another former pack oline god both say on podcasts that they are asking them to do too much and they can't. Like it's basically physically impossible. While said Sherman tried the same thing but the oline said we can't and he listened to them.
He recognized the same problem now. I will definitely listen to what he says. Plus that makes for a solution

run pMc
10-23-2023, 08:10 AM

Agree. The OL was better when he was the coach. Problem is, he'd get work elsewhere before taking a demotion. I'd spin it by adding some OL title to his name and put him back in the OL room. MLF calls the plays anyway.

run pMc
10-23-2023, 08:18 AM
Perhaps ts stenevich, but I think Lafleur is asking our oline to do the impossible.
I heard whale and another former pack oline god both say on podcasts that they are asking them to do too much and they can't. Like it's basically physically impossible. While said Sherman tried the same thing but the oline said we can't and he listened to them.
He recognized the same problem now. I will definitely listen to what he says. Plus that makes for a solution

Yeah they draw stuff up that probably looks great on a greaseboard and maybe works once or twice against Johnathon Ford or some PS schlep in practice, but when they try it against Maxx Crosby he blows it up in the backfield.
Lots of young guys on that OL, probably just say "yes sir" to keep their jobs.
The OL isn't getting enough push and resetting the LOS like they used to. They also have changed to less inside zone (which they got good at) and are doing a lot of pulling and reach blocks, which are very hard to do consistently.

AJ Dillon is a nice guy and I'm rooting for him but he doesn't have great vision or lateral agility and runs too upright. I'm down on big backs in this offense. More Jones, less Dillon.
Runyan and Myers were never great run blockers, and that's continued this year, and Rasheed Walker is not a good run blocker either. When 60% has trouble with run blocking, you're going to have issues to fix. Sad thing is they've had 2 games this month and didn't appear to use that time to either get healthy or fix things.

Fosco33
10-23-2023, 09:19 AM
The obv difference between O and D…

The offense is super young and the few probowl vets have been injured more than they’ve been on the field. It’s too early to throw the baby out w/ the bath water. They do need to figure out how to start faster and not have to take so many 4th down risks.

The defense continues to be loaded w/ talent and make average teams look pretty good. I wouldn’t call keeping someone under 20 a success when 2 of those were bad offenses.

Joemailman
10-23-2023, 10:19 AM

Wouldn't you think that a former OL coach who is now OC probably has a lot of influence over what the OL is being asked to do?

run pMc
10-23-2023, 11:24 AM
Wouldn't you think that a former OL coach who is now OC probably has a lot of influence over what the OL is being asked to do?

I suspect he's having that dictated by MLF and the scheme he wants to run. MLF calls the plays. Where Steno was really good was in teaching/developing the young players into starters or quality depth. I don't think Luke Butkus is awful, but I don't think he's nearly as good at it as Steno.
My feeling is that Steno is caught in between MLF and Butkus, and might be a bit over his head as an OC.

MLF's presser after the game was pretty depressing... a lot of "have to look at the tape", non-answers, or answers that showed he really didn't have any solutions. I'm sure some of this is players not executing -- you could see receivers in the wrong places -- and injuries are impacting them as well but you'd hope there would be accountability with the players.

Also, seems like now that Rodgers is gone the camera shifts to MLF being mad. Instead of eyerolls and lip-reading swears, we get MLF tearing his eyebrows out on the sideline.

I can live with the defense holding teams to under 20. The offense is truly frustrating though -- seems like it's a different player screwing up on each play, compounded by some baffling play calls. 5 yard throws when it's 3rd and 9 is a Kirk Cousins-esque level of incompetence.

Does it seem to anyone like this team is playing scared on offense? they should be trying to get a first down on every play, not just 3rd or 4th down. Too many 3 yard throws and 2 yard runs into the back of an OL.

sharpe1027
10-23-2023, 11:54 AM
I suspect that a lot of shorter throws are a direct result of

1) no confidence in the O-line to block for any length of time; and
2) no confidence that Love is accurate enough to complete a good percentage of those throws.

If the second point is at all true, alarm bells should be going off for Love's viability as a starting QB.

bobblehead
10-23-2023, 01:00 PM
I suspect that a lot of shorter throws are a direct result of

1) no confidence in the O-line to block for any length of time; and
2) no confidence that Love is accurate enough to complete a good percentage of those throws.

If the second point is at all true, alarm bells should be going off for Love's viability as a starting QB.

Both points have merit, but the OL being so bad this early is affecting Love. On the rare occasion he does have time, he tries to finesse it in there. He needs to play with confidence and let 'er rip. There is still hope for him, but the lofting balls and coming up short has to stop.

sharpe1027
10-23-2023, 07:55 PM
He wasn't this terrible for his accuracy the first few games when he wasn't pressured constantly, but he was still bad.

I'm willing to give him more time. It's not like we have a good alternative option anyway.

Sparkey
10-23-2023, 09:55 PM
They need to make these changes:
Nijman to LT
Jenkins LG
Tom to C
Myers to RG
Runyan to RT

Rasheed Walker is a decent pass blocker but his run blocking is atrocious. As long as Walker is starting, the offense will be offensive. There was a reason he was a 7th rd pick.

bobblehead
10-24-2023, 11:15 AM
Nijman to LT
Jenkins LG
Tom to C
Myers to RG
Runyan to RT

Rasheed Walker is a decent pass blocker but his run blocking is atrocious. As long as Walker is starting, the offense will be offensive. There was a reason he was a 7th rd pick.

I'd probably move Walker to RT and leave Runyan in. Myers just plays with no strength.

Edit: Walker was a 7th because he got hurt. He should have been a late 2nd, early 3rd with a successful senior year. I loved the pick at the time, but correct....he can't run block his grandma.

Travisb72
10-24-2023, 11:17 AM
Nijman to LT
Jenkins LG
Tom to C
Myers to RG
Runyan to RT

So you want to move JRJ, who has sucked complete ass, to RT and move
Myers, who has sucked complete ass, to RG and expect the right side won’t completely suck ass?

Sparkey
10-25-2023, 01:34 PM
Myers can't handle the reach blocks required at Center. However, he should be fine at Right Guard. Runyan should be adequate at RT.

Fritz
10-25-2023, 04:20 PM
I think inserting Nijman and moving Tom to center would be a start.