PDA

View Full Version : Packers vs Vikings Discussion Thread

Joemailman
10-25-2023, 09:47 AM
Packers lead all-time series 65-57-3. 64-56-3 in regular season, 1-1 in playoffs.

Last meeting: January 1, 2023. Packers defeated the Vikings 4-17 at Lambeau. Aaron Jones rushed for 111 yards. Keisean Nixon had a 105 yard kickoff return for a TD. Darnell Savage had a 75 yards INT return for a TD. Justin Jefferson was held to 1 catch for 15 yards. Kirk Cousins was intercepted 3 times.

This year Kirk Cousins has thrown for 2057 yards with 16 TD's and 5 INT's. Justin Jefferson, who is out with an injury, leads the Vikings with 571 receiving yards. Jordan Addison has 400 receiving yards and 6 TD's. Alexander Mattison leads the Vikings with 359 rushing yards. The Vikings have 0 rushing touchdowns.

Defensively, the Vikings rank #15 overall. Opposing QB's have thrown for 1573 yards, with 10 TD's and 5 INT's. Opponents have rushed for 739 yards for just a 3.6 YPC and 6 TD's. Vikings defense has 19 sacks.

Vikings are favored by 1.5.

Over/under 42.5.

Moneyline: Vikings -110, Packers +100

Joemailman
10-25-2023, 09:55 AM
Fox Single - Upper midwest and plains states will get Vikings at Packers. Kenny Albert and Jonathan Vilma with the call. Much of south and west will get Rams at Dallas. Kevin Burkhardt and Greg Olsen with the call. Northwest, including Alaska, will get Cleveland at Seattle (Late). Adam Amin and Daryl Johnston with the call.

https://506sports.com/2023/08-FOX-V2.png

bobblehead
10-25-2023, 02:48 PM
How about the 2 win vikings punking the class of the NFC. Its almost as if you can't completely make 100% conclusive opinions based on 5 games huh? Who wudda guessed.

My prediction for the game. We are frustrated as hell. We bemoan the fact that we can't stop the run. We wonder just how bad it might have been if JJ had played. I bitch that Yosh is riding the pine while Love is being flushed. Skin gets drunk and makes an ass of himself while filling out an app to McDonalds so he can further the transformation to APB. Tex sees the positives in everything. Red calls for everyone to be fired including the water boy. Fritz is happy its not Detroit eating our lunch this time. Rastak stops by and offers something classy and several of us tell him to fuck off.

That about sums it up.

Joemailman
10-25-2023, 03:48 PM
Matt Schneidman
@mattschneidman

Jordan Love on facing a Vikings defense that has blitzed 50 more times than any other team in the NFL:

“I haven’t really faced a defense like Minnesota, the way they run it … it’s about getting the ball to our playmakers and letting them make plays, make people miss.”

This could be fun...or really ugly.

Fritz
10-25-2023, 04:10 PM
This could be fun...or really ugly.

“I haven’t really faced a defense like Minnesota, the way they run it … it’s about getting the ball to our playmakers and letting them make plays, make people miss.”

Let me translate that Jordan Love quote: "I sure hope my boys can do something with the ball after my five-yard completions cuz I know I sure as shit can't get anything done."

I don't see how Green Bay can win this, based just on them having Kirk Cousins, who is way, way better than Jordan Love is at this stage of his career.

You never know. That's why they play. It could be a surprise for all of us, the Packers finally winning one in some ugly fashion, showing us spurts of promise (that should be a euphemism for jizz; I just thought of that).

But more likely the Vikings are going to trudge through another ugly Packer game and come out on top. Probably by more than 1.5 points. Probably more than three points. Probably more than seven points. Probably more than ten points.

Joemailman
10-25-2023, 06:44 PM
Oh look. Packers injury report more than twice as long as their opponent's.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F9UNYzyWEAAD6bU?format=png&name=900x900

MadScientist
10-25-2023, 07:15 PM
At least Watson and Anderson (who?) are listed as full participants.

Bretsky
10-25-2023, 07:49 PM
I predict a GB Packer win; I'm standing by my 7-10 prediction though :)

Teamcheez1
10-26-2023, 04:57 AM
Nothing tells me the team can win this game.
Kirk Cousins will light up our secondary.
Our rudderless offense will struggle all game.
A good afternoon to get some yard work done.

Joemailman
10-26-2023, 09:45 AM

Ya never know. Last year Packers were 3-6 coming off 4 straight losses when they beat the 6-2 Cowboys.

Fosco33
10-26-2023, 10:12 AM
We’ve been in many games in the 4th q and while frustrating to watch - it’s somewhat better that raking leaves or cleaning gutters.

If the Packers can somehow not start slower than my current 40 time and keep players on the field - we can certainly beat this team.

I’d take the over and coin flip on the victor.

run pMc
10-26-2023, 11:41 AM
A week ago I would have thought GB had a good shot in this game. After the MIN win vs. the 49ers and GB's loss to DEN, I have serious doubts.
Flores likes to blitz like crazy and play Cover-0, so if ever there was a game to get Christian Watson, Reed, Wicks, and maybe even Luke Musgrave going this is it.

Even without Justin Jefferson, I don't think GB's O can keep pace with them, and I don't think the D can stop MIN's O enough.

I think this is the time of year when teams are either fading or figuring it out. Seems like the Vikes might have started to figure some things out, but I doubt they are a playoff-worthy team.

You never know, maybe GB pulls off an upset.

sharpe1027
10-26-2023, 11:55 AM
There is one thing that gives me hope, more plays for Jones.

Joemailman
10-26-2023, 12:29 PM
Rob Demovsky
@RobDemovsky

Aaron Jones (hamstring) returned to practice after missing yesterday. Same for Josh Myers (ankle).

One new DNP: Preston Smith (illness) to go along with Jaire Alexander (back) and Luke Musgrave (ankle).

MadScientist
10-26-2023, 01:00 PM
Knowing the Packers luck, whatever P has will spread and half of the team will be sick come Sunday.

Joemailman
10-26-2023, 03:46 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F9ZFlN-WAAAJei-?format=jpg&name=medium

Freak Out
10-26-2023, 08:49 PM
So is Stokes actually going to play this week?

Joemailman
10-26-2023, 08:50 PM
So is Stokes actually going to play this week?

Stokes in on IR.

Teamcheez1
10-27-2023, 06:30 AM
It looks like the secondary will be down Stokes, Savage, and now Alexander.

I don’t see us slowing down Cousins even with Jefferson out.

texaspackerbacker
10-27-2023, 10:55 AM
I HATE the Vikings more than any other team, even the Bears. I also have a low opinion of Cousins. Just the same, this Packer team has been underperforming badly and with Barry still around, they probably will again. The Vikings rose up and played good last week. I doubt they do it again. I’ll give a shaky prediction of a Packer win- Love having a good game.

Freak Out
10-27-2023, 12:22 PM
Stokes in on IR.

So he was off but now hurt his hammy? Lord....what a bust.

Joemailman
10-27-2023, 01:17 PM
Maybe some good news on the injury front.

Rob Demovsky
@RobDemovsky

Jaire Alexander (back), Luke Musgrave (ankle) and Preston Smith (illness) were all back today after missing yesterday.

All 53 on the active roster appeared to be participating in some capacity two days before the Vikings game.

Joemailman
10-27-2023, 01:20 PM
So he was off but now hurt his hammy? Lord....what a bust.

I think the Packers need to take a serious look at how they're dealing with injuries, especially hamstrings. Aaron Jones, Christian Watson and Stokes all seem to be having season-long hamstring issues.

Joemailman
10-27-2023, 03:56 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F9eMZoAX0AAoV_U?format=jpg&name=medium

Guiness
10-27-2023, 07:53 PM
LB De’Vondre Campbell (ankle), TE Luke Musgrave (ankle), and C Josh Myers (ankle)

Is ankle the new hamstring?

Fritz
10-28-2023, 09:56 AM
I HATE the Vikings more than any other team, even the Bears. I also have a low opinion of Cousins. Just the same, this Packer team has been underperforming badly and with Barry still around, they probably will again. The Vikings rose up and played good last week. I doubt they do it again. I’ll give a shaky prediction of a Packer win- Love having a good game.

I too despise the Vikes. Probably the scars of my youth - watching Bud Grant's teams just beat the hell out of the Packers in the seventies.

With so many Packer defenders looking like they'll be out, and with Minny's defense blitzing all the time against an inexperienced GB QB, I just don't see how the Packers win this one. OR even come close, frankly.

But you never know, so I'll watch, at least some, I think.

run pMc
10-28-2023, 10:45 AM
The shorthand for many when picking the game is asking who has the better QB?
Right now, it's Cousins.

RashanGary
10-28-2023, 02:48 PM
The shorthand for many when picking the game is asking who has the better QB?
Right now, it's Cousins.

Cousins is a really good QB. The hate he gets is ridiculous.

Rastak
10-28-2023, 05:15 PM
Cousins ain't top 5 but he's a very solid starting QB, better than most.

King Friday
10-29-2023, 10:47 AM
Cousins gets hate because he eats up huge amounts of cap space and never wins you anything. I think most would admit he’s solidly in the second tier of starting QBs. He’s just never going to get to the first tier.

MadtownPacker
10-29-2023, 10:51 AM
King we need you to start the game day thread man!

Teamcheez1
10-29-2023, 12:54 PM

You guys should have listened to me.

Rastak
10-29-2023, 01:18 PM
The thread migrated?

King Friday
10-29-2023, 01:19 PM
The game day thread is going backwards like the Packers.

Rastak
10-29-2023, 01:20 PM
Backfire challenge. Do they get charged with a timeout? I can't see that they would.

red
10-29-2023, 01:20 PM
where am i?

how is that one also reviewable?

King Friday
10-29-2023, 01:21 PM
Mad enjoys talking to himself.

red
10-29-2023, 01:22 PM
i know smokey is sexy as hell, but did that get the thread closed?

King Friday
10-29-2023, 01:22 PM
Love has no accuracy. Absolutely none. I could make better throws.

ThunderDan
10-29-2023, 01:23 PM

He is totally rattled. He had time to set and throw. He just threw.

pittstang5
10-29-2023, 01:24 PM

Truth

MadtownPacker
10-29-2023, 01:25 PM
Mad enjoys talking to himself.
Clicked some shit it’s open now.

red
10-29-2023, 01:25 PM
He is totally rattled. He had time to set and throw. He just threw.

then he's been rattled all season

texaspackerbacker
10-30-2023, 11:21 AM
It’s stupid to knock Love’s accuracy too much.Yeah he is no Aaron Rodgers, but few are. Love played generally damn good yesterday IMO. He was just plagued by drops and interference not called. Some complain about low completion percentage.I see that as mostly care in avoiding interceptions. I want to see more of that, not that.

call_me_ishmael
10-30-2023, 11:28 PM
That sumbitch might be crazy and a primedonna but man he is talented. We took that sumbitch for granted.

RashanGary
10-31-2023, 10:27 AM
That sumbitch might be crazy and a primedonna but man he is talented. We took that sumbitch for granted.

We had our little guy at physical therapy yesterday. He toe walks and we’re getting his strength and flexibility up in his calfs. Anyway, since it’s Achilles he was bringing up Cousins injury and then the therapist talked about Cousins and Rodgers injuries. She said confidently that Rodgers will not play this year.

I saw some clips of Rodgers throwing the ball yesterday. He looked better than a couple weeks ago. I’m definitely rooting for him to defy science here. Would make his rebel conspiracy cred go through the roof.

run pMc
10-31-2023, 03:51 PM
Doubs/Watson: 17 targets, SEVEN catches, 51 yards.

51 yards on 17 attempts, yikes. They might as well just hand off to Dillon for that production.

Bretsky
10-31-2023, 07:33 PM
Doubs/Watson: 17 targets, SEVEN catches, 51 yards.

51 yards on 17 attempts, yikes. They might as well just hand off to Dillon for that production.

Chrissy has been nothing short of a failure so far

And keep in mind we have up TWO second round draft picks to get him

RashanGary
10-31-2023, 07:38 PM
Chrissy has been nothing short of a failure so far

And keep in mind we have up TWO second round draft picks to get him

I was a big doubter on day one. He did have a few bright spots last year. But he’s so damn inconsistent and always injured.

Bretsky
10-31-2023, 07:43 PM
I was a big doubter on day one. He did have a few bright spots last year. But he’s so damn inconsistent and always injured.

He's incredibly fast

But he's a shitty route runner and iMO he is not strong when fighting for the jump ball.

Rodgers made him look very good in small samples

RashanGary
10-31-2023, 07:52 PM
He's incredibly fast

But he's a shitty route runner and iMO he is not strong when fighting for the jump ball.

Yep!!! Horrible route runner. Same as MVS that way. And any contested ball, he just shrinks into the smallest guy on the field and gives up. And even when it’s not contested, he drops half of them.

He has some major, major issues and one glaring strength that can almost never be used because he has to catch it first.

Joemailman
10-31-2023, 08:31 PM
I do remember people giving up on Davante Adams in his 2nd year. Both Adams and Watson had promising rookie years and struggled through injury plagued 2nd years. Everybody needs to take a deep breath on Christian Warson.

call_me_ishmael
10-31-2023, 09:56 PM
Adams was injured his second year though. Watson is just afraid of contact and isn’t physical enough. In short he’s a bitch boy.

Joemailman
10-31-2023, 10:29 PM
Adams was injured his second year though. Watson is just afraid of contact and isn’t physical enough. In short he’s a bitch boy.

You're acknowledging that injuries affected Adams' season without acknowledging that the same could be true of Watson. How can you know how Watson is feeling physically?

bobblehead
10-31-2023, 11:27 PM
He's incredibly fast

Like when he took that crosser to the house against the eagles by outrunning 3 guys who had the angle on him? Rodgers made him look good on that play? Rodgers did that from the sideline?

RashanGary
10-31-2023, 11:33 PM
I do remember people giving up on Davante Adams in his 2nd year. Both Adams and Watson had promising rookie years and struggled through injury plagued 2nd years. Everybody needs to take a deep breath on Christian Warson.

I cant be confident that he’s a bust. But it’s not looking good for him.

run pMc
11-01-2023, 03:03 PM
I don't think Watson is a bust. I don't think they've been using him correctly, and Love has been underthrowing him as well.
Have him run slants, crossers, and go routes. Don't make him run a full, refined route tree. He's not there yet. Give him an end around to scare the defense and give them something to think about. I don't see a lot of creativity since early in the season.

Yeah these young guys need to grow up/develop fast and it's not a linear process. I get that. I just think MLF needs to meet them partway and stop forcing them to do things they aren't good at and then throw his hands up in frustration on the sideline. Coaches should put players in positions to succeed, but also give the opportunity to grow/be challenged. Same as how you'd manage people who work for you.

RashanGary
11-01-2023, 05:09 PM
I don't think Watson is a bust. I don't think they've been using him correctly, and Love has been underthrowing him as well.
Have him run slants, crossers, and go routes. Don't make him run a full, refined route tree. He's not there yet. Give him an end around to scare the defense and give them something to think about. I don't see a lot of creativity since early in the season.

Yeah these young guys need to grow up/develop fast and it's not a linear process. I get that. I just think MLF needs to meet them partway and stop forcing them to do things they aren't good at and then throw his hands up in frustration on the sideline. Coaches should put players in positions to succeed, but also give the opportunity to grow/be challenged. Same as how you'd manage people who work for you.

Pretty much, yeah. Just have him do what he should theoretically be good at. Only problem is, he also has to catch the ball. And not be injured. So it’s not all on the coaches.

Bretsky
11-02-2023, 07:06 PM
Like when he took that crosser to the house against the eagles by outrunning 3 guys who had the angle on him? Rodgers made him look good on that play? Rodgers did that from the sideline?

I agree with you.

That was one great play

bobblehead
11-03-2023, 03:48 PM
I agree with you.

That was one great play

It shows what he is capable of. Now will he translate it into consistency? I hope so. I'd like to see them hit him on that route a few times this year. Anything basically where he can catch the ball on the move in space.