10-29-2023, 03:19 PM
Love - 24-41, 229 yardspassing,1 TD, 1 INT, 72.1 passer rating

Reed - 4 catches, 83 yards.

Packers with 11 penalties for 99 yards.

Discuss. If you want to.

https://eegraphics.com/roadside/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/ragbrai1.jpg

Guiness
10-29-2023, 03:28 PM
There was a lot of yelling at the TV going on over here. Mostly on Viking's 3rd and 8.

bobblehead
10-29-2023, 03:30 PM
A verifiable shit show. I had to leave right after Nijman came into the game because my wife's car broke down. Sounds like I was the lucky one.

There are so many duds. Jones dropped a pass and fumbled. Musgrave dropped a pass. I watched Myers whiff on a DT that was lined up LITERALLY in his face. Walker whiffed 2x after getting a TE chip to slow a guy down. Defense bent and bent and bent and then broke. I would say it wasn't their fault as we went 3 and out like first 5 possessions, but when you bleed them right into FG range its your fault. Love looked shell shocked. MiLF must have no confidence in him because series after series I see shotgun draw, 2 yards to Musgrave, send 3 out in routes and still have Love under pressure.

Its actually so bad I can't put my finger on anything. OL ineptness, WR with no separation, penalties, and zone coverages that leave chunks of green that I could chip into from 100 yards and only risk hitting a WR. This weeks thread will be duds and bigger duds. Coaching, players, player aquisition? None of it looks adequate at this point. Oh well, I knew it would be a rough year, but I was hoping to have some things to feel positive about.

MadtownPacker
10-29-2023, 03:31 PM
Is the defense actually good? Not losing by 40 has to say something when the O can’t even get the chains to jingle a little.

Joemailman
10-29-2023, 03:34 PM
Before today I thought the Packers looked like a young team losing close games. Today they just looked like a bad team.

Anti-Polar Bear
10-29-2023, 03:42 PM
If Love had accuracy and football IQ of Tua or Purdy, he’d be all-pro.

beveaux1
10-29-2023, 03:44 PM
Is the defense actually good? Not losing by 40 has to say something when the O can’t even get the chains to jingle a little.

Absolutely not. Every drive by the opposing team is 10 plays or longer. The opposing team NEVER punts. We consider it great defense if we hold them to a FG.
It's bottom 10 defense with young talent that isn't progressing... except Gary. Look at Alexander and Clark. Are they better than they were a year ago?
7 games in, and I think the coaching is bad on both sides of the ball.

What team are we undeniably better than? I haven't seen Carolina play, but we'll have a chance to see in a few weeks. We truly have a chance to get the 1st or 2nd pick in the draft.

The only thing I'd bet on right now is that our first round pick won't progress.

Rastak
10-29-2023, 03:44 PM
If my uncle had titties he'd be my aunt.

bobblehead
10-29-2023, 03:45 PM

Take it to FYI!!!!

Fosco33
10-29-2023, 03:52 PM
Sounds like cousins tore his Achilles.

Rastak
10-29-2023, 03:57 PM
Yea he's done.

red
10-29-2023, 04:07 PM
there needs to be serious questions about the coaching staff

we have a head coach who was brought in to be a yes man to the vet QB who in turn, ran his own offense

he has shown no ability to prepare this team, coach this team, or make enough adjustments on the fly

same stupid mistakes over and over again, same stupid uninspired play calls over and over again. no players getting better

i just don't think he's the guy for a young team. he sure as hell isn't the offensive guru people were claiming he was with a HOF QB

red
10-29-2023, 04:09 PM
Yea he's done.

so much for the whole "artificial grass is the devil" that we heard after rodgers injury

lambeau is about as good as you can get with natural grass (even though it has a weave)

King Friday
10-29-2023, 04:12 PM
The only good thing about this is that there will be no hiding behind some late season rebound for the coaching staff. This thing is going to completely implode as the players lose all faith in the coaches. How many times are the players going to trot onto the field to run stupid plays and schemes before they start openly criticizing the logic of it?

ThunderDan
10-29-2023, 04:35 PM
I think we, as an organization, need to look at Murphy and what he has done creating silos. It doesn’t work as well in my opinion. Be a man and pick your GM and let him run the show. I think MM was afraid of losing Ball and didn’t think Gute was ready to run the whole show, so he created the 3 headed monster we have now.

Gute needs to take a deep look at the coaching staff. The Packers really haven’t developed a lot of talent. We haven’t improved the whole year. We haven’t had a game other than verses Chi where we have come out with any intensity. That lies on MiLF. I am no not sure he is the solution for what we need going forward.

beveaux1
10-29-2023, 05:03 PM
I think we, as an organization, need to look at Murphy and what he has done creating silos. It doesn’t work as well in my opinion. Be a man and pick your GM and let him run the show. I think MM was afraid of losing Ball and didn’t think Gute was ready to run the whole show, so he created the 3 headed monster we have now.

Gute needs to take a deep look at the coaching staff. The Packers really haven’t developed a lot of talent. We haven’t improved the whole year. We haven’t had a game other than verses Chi where we have come out with any intensity. That lies on MiLF. I am no not sure he is the solution for what we need going forward.

I started thinking about this after the Vegas game and wondered what changes we would make. As it turns out, the answer was no changes. The OL looks the same from left to right even though people who study the film say that it's been a tire fire with only Tom and Jenkins playing at an average NFL level.
No one has been held accountable.

We knew the WRs and TEs would have growing pains and they definitely have with bad routes, wrong routes, and dropped passes. Seven games in, the same mistakes are being made. Who's coaching these guys? Our QB, though far from perfect, can't even be fairly evaluated because film study from quite a few experts show receivers widening routes, quitting on routes, and taking the wrong route. They do this game after game. What looks to the fan watching the game as an underthrow or overthrow or errant throw might be a receiver running to the wrong place on the field.

Probably the best way to check the accuracy of the QB is when he's running for his life because the OL can't block and he has to make a running throw to receiver that changed his route to help him. Strangely, those have been the best plays this team has made and seem to only happen in the 2nd half after MLF takes the leash off Love.

We can't win with this defense playing bend but don't break. With them not playing aggressively, keeping everything in front of them, and taking no chances. This young offense needs turnovers and field position. They need to get on the field so they can build up a rhythm. They can't sit on the bench for 7, 8, or 9 minutes without seeing the ball.
That's a coaching philosophy that should have already changed, but never seems to change.

Why has Sean Rhyan not replaced Runyan? Why is Nijman being kept out of games? Would our offense look worse with those changes? I can't believe that it would.

When will the defense change its philosophy and play aggressively. Will we lose more than we have been losing? Is this staff a staff that can help to improve a young team?

I'm fearing the answer is no.

MadtownPacker
10-29-2023, 05:34 PM
Absolutely not. Every drive by the opposing team is 10 plays or longer. The opposing team NEVER punts. We consider it great defense if we hold them to a FG.
It's bottom 10 defense with young talent that isn't progressing... except Gary. Look at Alexander and Clark. Are they better than they were a year ago?
7 games in, and I think the coaching is bad on both sides of the ball.

What team are we undeniably better than? I haven't seen Carolina play, but we'll have a chance to see in a few weeks. We truly have a chance to get the 1st or 2nd pick in the draft.

The only thing I'd bet on right now is that our first round pick won't progress.
I’m just trying to find some light. Offense is dry, Matt Lafleur is more like Pepe LaPew. Thought M3 had came back skinny after having his stomach stapled. The way LaPew was staring into his playbook like it was a unknown menu seemed lost. Thought it would break out into a Snickers Want to Get Away commercial. The whole team is in disarray.

Fritz
10-29-2023, 05:51 PM

Not so. Many, many old fat drunk uncles have titties. But unlike MLF, they don’t have vaginas. So your uncle is still your uncle. But MLF might just have a puddy. His play calling is horrible.

call_me_ishmael
10-29-2023, 10:28 PM
Sounds like cousins tore his Achilles.

That really sucks for him and the Vikes. Never want to see that. He seems like a good dude.

MadScientist
10-29-2023, 11:51 PM
so much for the whole "artificial grass is the devil" that we heard after rodgers injury

Lambeau is about as good as you can get with natural grass (even though it has a weave)

Different situation. Rodgers got his foot caught under him when he was squished. Cousins just had his snap without being hit. No field could prevent that. Just bad luck for the Vikings and Cousins. At least it wasn't nearly as bad as the last time a Viking QB was injured on a non-contact play. Doubly bad for Minn because they have already won too many games to get a top pick, plus they are likely to get another win the next time they play the Packers.

call_me_ishmael
10-30-2023, 12:03 AM
Dante Culpepper?

MadScientist
10-30-2023, 12:03 AM

Fire Murphy, then fire Gute, and then let whoever the next guy is figure out what needs to be done with the coaching staff.

MadScientist
10-30-2023, 12:06 AM
Dante Culpepper?

Was thinking of Teddy Bridgewater, but couldn't remember his name when I was writing the previous post.

Anti-Polar Bear
10-30-2023, 01:08 AM
Yea he's done.

Sorry, Ras, the Queens are dead; fuck the Queens!

And Imma channel my inner Tex here. Remember the Barr monstrous hit that broke Butte’s shoulder? The Queens celebrated afterwards as if they had just won the goddamn Super Bowl, and Queens fan jacked off to the the highlight of the hit nonstop while listening to “Purple Rain.”

Fuck the Queens. May they rot in hell. As soon as I finish flipping burgers, Imma turn on the YouTube app on the cheap Walmart “smart” TV, watch the clip of Cletidius’ knockout punch of Cousins and jackoff to it while playing “Yellow” in the background.

oldbutnotdeadyet
10-30-2023, 06:31 AM
Hard game to watch, but we all knew/felt this year was coming.

https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl-winners-and-losers-jordan-love-draft-pick-was-a-fiasco-for-the-packers-202427062.html

bobblehead
10-30-2023, 12:29 PM

And Imma channel my inner Tex here. Remember the Barr monstrous hit that broke Butte’s shoulder? The Queens celebrated afterwards as if they had just won the goddamn Super Bowl, and Queens fan jacked off to the the highlight of the hit nonstop while listening to “Purple Rain.”

Fuck the Queens. May they rot in hell. As soon as I finish flipping burgers, Imma turn on the YouTube app on the cheap Walmart “smart” TV, watch the clip of Cletidius’ knockout punch of Cousins and jackoff to it while playing “Yellow” in the background.

And posts like this are the reason I don't mind your obstinance on the salary cap.

Fritz
10-30-2023, 12:38 PM
I started thinking about this after the Vegas game and wondered what changes we would make. As it turns out, the answer was no changes. The OL looks the same from left to right even though people who study the film say that it's been a tire fire with only Tom and Jenkins playing at an average NFL level.
No one has been held accountable.

We knew the WRs and TEs would have growing pains and they definitely have with bad routes, wrong routes, and dropped passes. Seven games in, the same mistakes are being made. Who's coaching these guys? Our QB, though far from perfect, can't even be fairly evaluated because film study from quite a few experts show receivers widening routes, quitting on routes, and taking the wrong route. They do this game after game. What looks to the fan watching the game as an underthrow or overthrow or errant throw might be a receiver running to the wrong place on the field.

Probably the best way to check the accuracy of the QB is when he's running for his life because the OL can't block and he has to make a running throw to receiver that changed his route to help him. Strangely, those have been the best plays this team has made and seem to only happen in the 2nd half after MLF takes the leash off Love.

We can't win with this defense playing bend but don't break. With them not playing aggressively, keeping everything in front of them, and taking no chances. This young offense needs turnovers and field position. They need to get on the field so they can build up a rhythm. They can't sit on the bench for 7, 8, or 9 minutes without seeing the ball.
That's a coaching philosophy that should have already changed, but never seems to change.

Why has Sean Rhyan not replaced Runyan? Why is Nijman being kept out of games? Would our offense look worse with those changes? I can't believe that it would.

When will the defense change its philosophy and play aggressively. Will we lose more than we have been losing? Is this staff a staff that can help to improve a young team?

I'm fearing the answer is no.

I think this is a very good and thoughtful post. The young receivers and tight ends are experiencing growing pains, as we expected. But they don't seem to be getting much better, seven games in. Maybe we're impatient, though the mistakes and drops from the second-year guys are a bit unnerving. Doubs and Watson. And Toure, who's JAG, I see now.

But can the line play much worse with Ryan and Nijman in at right guard and left tackle? Why not try something?

And yes, we're asking the defense to do a lot, and yes, the offense does them no favors with all the three-and-outs it's having. Yet there are seven first-round picks on that D, and they really are not imposing at all.

Can MLF help this team get better? Can he right the ship? I guess we'll see, but he seems pretty rattled right now himself.

Joemailman
10-30-2023, 12:41 PM
Andy Herman
@AndyHermanNFL

This offense is a clown car wrapped in a train wreck with trash fire sprinkles on top.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1718999107379868133

run pMc
10-30-2023, 12:50 PM
I don't cheer for the Vikings, and I certainly won't cheer for a player getting hurt.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvMwECIOXYs

Especially tough for a 35 y/o QB, considering it's an Achilles. Oh, and it's the last year of his contract, and he was actually playing pretty good this year.

That aside, this GB team is not a good one. The defense was meh - I think Jaire is really bothered by his back. While I love the Simone Biles angle, Johnathan Owens makes Savage look like an All-Pro.
The offense continues to be a bigger problem though. Cousins was on his way to 150 yards passing before GB can even get a first down. IIRC they didn't have a first down until the final drive of the half. Rasheed Walker was a turnstile, Myers had some bad snaps, the OL continues to look subpar. The receivers dropped a lot of passes. Reed got the ball ripped out of his hands. Watson has elite physical traits but is bad in contested catch scenarios and cannot run a full route tree properly. Doubs looks like a WR3, and Watson a WR2 at best. (Maybe Wicks ends up the WR1, stranger things have happened.)

Shanahan offenses run a lot more 12 personnel and have YAC guys. GB is trying to do it out of 11 personnel which is not going to work, especially if Deguara or Musgrave are supposed to block and you don't have any players who can get YAC on a 3 yard out. Neither team ran the ball well, but when Jordan Love is you r leading rusher with 34 yards, that doesn't scream competent Shanahan-style offense to me.

You can blame MLF, and there were calls I didn't like, but most of this is on the execution by the players IMO.

Oh, and penalties. Yikes.

Anti-Polar Bear
10-30-2023, 01:08 PM
I don't cheer for the Vikings, and I certainly won't cheer for a player getting hurt.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvMwECIOXYs

Especially tough for a 35 y/o QB, considering it's an Achilles. Oh, and it's the last year of his contract, and he was actually playing pretty good this year.

That aside, this GB team is not a good one. The defense was meh - I think Jaire is really bothered by his back. While I love the Simone Biles angle, Johnathan Owens makes Savage look like an All-Pro.
The offense continues to be a bigger problem though. Cousins was on his way to 150 yards passing before GB can even get a first down. IIRC they didn't have a first down until the final drive of the half. Rasheed Walker was a turnstile, Myers had some bad snaps, the OL continues to look subpar. The receivers dropped a lot of passes. Reed got the ball ripped out of his hands. Watson has elite physical traits but is bad in contested catch scenarios and cannot run a full route tree properly. Doubs looks like a WR3, and Watson a WR2 at best. (Maybe Wicks ends up the WR1, stranger things have happened.)

Shanahan offenses run a lot more 12 personnel and have YAC guys. GB is trying to do it out of 11 personnel which is not going to work, especially if Deguara or Musgrave are supposed to block and you don't have any players who can get YAC on a 3 yard out. Neither team ran the ball well, but when Jordan Love is you r leading rusher with 34 yards, that doesn't scream competent Shanahan-style offense to me.

You can blame MLF, and there were calls I didn't like, but most of this is on the execution by the players IMO.

Oh, and penalties. Yikes.

Am I the only who thinks Doubs has gotten better? He’s making tough catches, not dropping easy rocks and getting open. Problem is, the new QB1’s accuracy makes Tim Tebow look like Troy Aikman.

2nd year Doubs would be a Pro Bowler with Butte at QB.

bobblehead
10-30-2023, 02:22 PM
I just watched the 2nd half since I had to leave midgame yesterday. The entire coaching staff should be fired for forcing Walker into the lineup ahead of Yosh. Its that stark. Walker got destroyed while getting TE help the entire time, Yosh had 2 bad snaps. The run blocking was so remarkably different I can't even find the adjectives. They put Walker back in on the final drive after Yosh had the one bad snap (got the facemask penalty and gave up the pressure) and Walker got called for a false start on like his 5th snap. If Walker is starting next week I'll begin to get on the fire them all bandwagon.

Other things I noticed. Watson gets mugged a lot with no flags. Tom definitely should be a guard (or center?), as I said from the start. He just isn't large/long enough to be a great tackle. They do Myers no favors by being in shotgun every fucking snap. He can't get the leverage to run block when long snapping. We had 1st and goal from the one after the PI in the endzone call and we went shotgun all 4 snaps. Finally getting the TD on 4th.

texaspackerbacker
10-30-2023, 04:00 PM

You sorta lost me there. I like your style hahahaha, and terrible person that I am, I can't say I'm not happy to see Cousins out for the season. Your line about "Cletidus", though - your nickname for Kenny Clark, are you saying (or is it the prevailing belief now) that Kenny caused Cousins' injury? I thought it was just a non-contact thing.

texaspackerbacker
10-30-2023, 04:05 PM
Am I the only who thinks Doubs has gotten better? He’s making tough catches, not dropping easy rocks and getting open. Problem is, the new QB1’s accuracy makes Tim Tebow look like Troy Aikman.

2nd year Doubs would be a Pro Bowler with Butte at QB.

You're on a roll today. I pretty much agree with you here too in your first two sentences. Regarding Love, though, IMO his inaccuracy is greatly overrated. Drops by just about everybody other than Doubs as well as those shitty no-calls by the refs on clear pass interference several times were a lot more egregious than anything about Love.

Guiness
10-30-2023, 09:03 PM

Now see, that's funny. I say the a slightly different version of the same saying -

'If my aunt had a dick she'd be my uncle'