PDA

View Full Version : Packers vs. Rams Discussion Thread

Joemailman
11-01-2023, 10:03 AM
Packers lead all-time series 49-47-2. 47-46-2 in regular season, 2-1 in playoffs.

Last Meeting: December 19, 2022. Packers defeated the Rams 24-12 at Lambeau. Packers defense held Baker Mayfield to 111 yards passing and sacked him 5 times. Aaron Jones rushed for 90 yards and A.J. Dillon rushed for 2 TD's.

Matt Stafford has started all 8 games for the Rams but may not play this week due to a thumb injury. He has thrown for 2070 yards with 8 TD's and 7 INT's. Kyren Williams had been their leading rusher but is now on IR. Puka Nacua is their leading receiver with 795 yards and 2 TD's. Cooper Kupp missed the start of the season but is playing now. Rams defense is respectable but is not producing many turnovers.

Packers are favored by 3
Moneyline: Packers -166, Rams +140
Over/under 39.5

Joemailman
11-01-2023, 10:10 AM
Fox Early - Most of midwest and west, including Alaska will get Packers vs. Rams. Adam Amin and Daryl Johnston with the call. Northwest Wisconsin, Minnesota, Dakotas and most of the southeast will get Vikings at Falcons. Chris Myers and Mark Schlereth with the call. Northeast will get Washington at New England. Kenny Albert and Jonathan Vilma with the call.

https://506sports.com/2023/09-FOX-E.png

red
11-01-2023, 11:19 AM
How are we favored to beat anybody at this point?

Joemailman
11-01-2023, 11:28 AM

Probably because they don't know if Stafford will play.

run pMc
11-01-2023, 03:11 PM
Haven't heard any news on Stafford; if he doesn't go it's Brett Rypien at QB. Rypien doesn't scare me, but Cooper Kupp, Puka Nacua and Kyren Williams do. If LAR get the running game going they won't need to throw.
Aaron Donald is still a problem for OL's around the league and will give Myers and the rest of the interior OL fits. Could be a low scoring game, especially at halftime.

Joemailman
11-01-2023, 03:24 PM
Haven't heard any news on Stafford; if he doesn't go it's Brett Rypien at QB. Rypien doesn't scare me, but Cooper Kupp, Puka Nacua and Kyren Williams do. If LAR get the running game going they won't need to throw.
Aaron Donald is still a problem for OL's around the league and will give Myers and the rest of the interior OL fits. Could be a low scoring game, especially at halftime.

Kyren Williams is on IR.

run pMc
11-01-2023, 04:45 PM
Kyren Williams is on IR.

Ah shoot, that's right.

Packers run D is so bad Kyren could run for 140 on them, even on IR. :rs:

Bretsky
11-01-2023, 05:50 PM
two bad teams playing each other.

Joemailman
11-01-2023, 07:52 PM
Packers with an injury report shorter than their opponent's!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F94rzeAWsAALt3N?format=jpg&name=small

Fritz
11-02-2023, 08:57 AM
two bad teams playing each other.

The TV gods must hate this matchup.

I thought, like many, the Packers would beat the shitshow that is the Denver Broncos, but no, so it’s getting hard to picture the Packers beating anyone, even at home with an opponent who will likely be starting a second-string QB.

The Packers don’t even look like a team with no talent. They look like a bunch of guys who have never stepped on a field together before and are getting instructions from the sidelines in Russian from a pee wee soccer coach.

run pMc
11-02-2023, 10:39 AM
The TV gods must hate this matchup.

I thought, like many, the Packers would beat the shitshow that is the Denver Broncos, but no, so it’s getting hard to picture the Packers beating anyone, even at home with an opponent who will likely be starting a second-string QB.

The Packers don’t even look like a team with no talent. They look like a bunch of guys who have never stepped on a field together before and are getting instructions from the sidelines in Russian from a pee wee soccer coach.

The play where it was an RPO and none of the receivers ran routes was pretty funny --and horrifying.

bobblehead
11-02-2023, 04:07 PM
How about the 2 win vikings punking the class of the NFC. Its almost as if you can't completely make 100% conclusive opinions based on 5 games huh? Who wudda guessed.

My prediction for the game. We are frustrated as hell. We bemoan the fact that we can't stop the run. We wonder just how bad it might have been if JJ had played. I bitch that Yosh is riding the pine while Love is being flushed. Skin gets drunk and makes an ass of himself while filling out an app to McDonalds so he can further the transformation to APB. Tex sees the positives in everything. Red calls for everyone to be fired including the water boy. Fritz is happy its not Detroit eating our lunch this time. Rastak stops by and offers something classy and several of us tell him to fuck off.

That about sums it up.

I copy/pasted this from last week. I don't see much changing.

Edit: except maybe I bitch that yosh finally is getting his chance and not playing with enough fire.

Joemailman
11-02-2023, 06:04 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F99tqPGXIAAc7wy?format=jpg&name=small

Bretsky
11-02-2023, 06:39 PM
How about the 2 win vikings punking the class of the NFC. Its almost as if you can't completely make 100% conclusive opinions based on 5 games huh? Who wudda guessed.

My prediction for the game. We are frustrated as hell. We bemoan the fact that we can't stop the run. We wonder just how bad it might have been if JJ had played. I bitch that Yosh is riding the pine while Love is being flushed. Skin gets drunk and makes an ass of himself while filling out an app to McDonalds so he can further the transformation to APB. Tex sees the positives in everything. Red calls for everyone to be fired including the water boy. Fritz is happy its not Detroit eating our lunch this time. Rastak stops by and offers something classy and several of us tell him to fuck off.

That about sums it up.

I copy/pasted this from last week. I don't see much changing.

Edit: except maybe I bitch that yosh finally is getting his chance and not playing with enough fire.

WILDE and TAUSCH, two of the best Homers, seems to be starting to turn.

I will say this....BOTH OF THEM.....often note, they think way more of Yosh than the Packers coaches and GM do

Joemailman
11-03-2023, 12:05 PM
Rudy Ford not practicing today. Could be down to Jonathan Owens, Dallin Leavitt, Anthony Johnson and Zayne Anderson at Safety. Anderson and Leavitt are primarily special teams players.

Fritz
11-03-2023, 01:07 PM
Rudy Ford not practicing today. Could be down to Jonathan Owens, Dallin Leavitt, Anthony Johnson and Zayne Anderson at Safety. Anderson and Leavitt are primarily special teams players.

Even a second-string QB would be licking his chops.

bobblehead
11-03-2023, 03:43 PM
WILDE and TAUSCH, two of the best Homers, seems to be starting to turn.

I will say this....BOTH OF THEM.....often note, they think way more of Yosh than the Packers coaches and GM do

As I pointed out, the play calling indicated they believed in Yosh more than Walker. The TE help disappeared when he entered the game. It really makes no sense. He is in the doghouse for some reason other than his play on the field.

Joemailman
11-03-2023, 05:25 PM
Ford has a calf. Quay Walker has a groin.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F-CWtyKXUAAkY2g?format=jpg&name=medium

Joemailman
11-03-2023, 05:34 PM
As I pointed out, the play calling indicated they believed in Yosh more than Walker. The TE help disappeared when he entered the game. It really makes no sense. He is in the doghouse for some reason other than his play on the field.

Stenavich was asked right away at his PC this week about Yosh. Started out by talking about a hands to the face penalty. Then admitted that Yosh "battled", "which was good". Based on this and what he said about Yosh this past summer, I get the idea he doesn't think much of Yosh's work habits. https://www.packers.com/video/adam-stenavich-on-contested-catches-it-all-starts-with-the-mindset

run pMc
11-03-2023, 05:39 PM
Stenavich is a good OL coach, but I suspect a bad OC. Most of the reporters have mentioned that Walker had a better training camp than Njiman did, and given he's younger and under contract I get why they had him as Bahktiari's backup. I think Walker's regressed since then and Njiman is steadier. It could be that Njiman is more of a gamer than a consistent practice guy. Either way, I think it benefits them to play Njiman at T over Walker for now.

McVay has listed Stafford as questionable and a game-time decision if he'll play. My guess is he doesn't, but if he does that changes the betting odds a bit.

GB has scored 9 points in their last 25 first half possessions. NINE. If they can start faster they might be able to play with a lead for a change and force a hurt Stafford or Brett Rypien to throw the ball up for grabs.

Fritz
11-03-2023, 09:16 PM
Stenavich is a good OL coach, but I suspect a bad OC. Most of the reporters have mentioned that Walker had a better training camp than Njiman did, and given he's younger and under contract I get why they had him as Bahktiari's backup. I think Walker's regressed since then and Njiman is steadier. It could be that Njiman is more of a gamer than a consistent practice guy. Either way, I think it benefits them to play Njiman at T over Walker for now.

McVay has listed Stafford as questionable and a game-time decision if he'll play. My guess is he doesn't, but if he does that changes the betting odds a bit.

GB has scored 9 points in their last 25 first half possessions. NINE. If they can start faster they might be able to play with a lead for a change and force a hurt Stafford or Brett Rypien to throw the ball up for grabs.

You mean “ throw the ball to wide-open receivers while the Packer safeties and corners botch coverages or just can’t cover their guys or their zones.”

It was a clusterfuck with Ford and Douglas; imagine it with their backups playing instead.

bobblehead
11-03-2023, 09:43 PM
Stenavich was asked right away at his PC this week about Yosh. Started out by talking about a hands to the face penalty. Then admitted that Yosh "battled", "which was good". Based on this and what he said about Yosh this past summer, I get the idea he doesn't think much of Yosh's work habits. https://www.packers.com/video/adam-stenavich-on-contested-catches-it-all-starts-with-the-mindset

Did he mention Walkers 2 penalties and 3 whiffs? I'm not at practice, so I can't say what goes on there, but I watch games. Yosh has been the better tackle in every single game I have ever watched either of them save perhaps the first preseason yosh arrived.

I'll say this. That answer confirms that its personal between them. If Stenavich is the OC and calling the plays he is the one who removed the TE help. I first thought it meant he knew Yosh didn't need it as much, but now I'm thinking he actually may have been trying to get him to fail. The fact that walker had at LEAST 5 bad snaps that I identified in less time than Yosh who had 2 says it all. If Stenavich chose to focus on one of those 2 instead of the really good work Yosh did in both run and pass blocking it screams bias.

Bretsky
11-03-2023, 11:48 PM
Two things game film clearly notes with our OL

Josh is better than Walker
AND
Myers absoluty sucks and was one of Gutebag's several F'ck ups

Vincenzo
11-04-2023, 12:29 AM
I still can’t figure this out and it’s Friday night now - total head shaker.

Vincenzo
11-04-2023, 12:34 AM
Maybe they think our Pack can right the Ship this week?
From what I’ve seen so far this season, I’d say there’s a slim chance

Fritz
11-04-2023, 08:30 AM
I can’t imagine you can keep trotting Walker out there with a straight face. These guys may be coaching for their jobs, so as much as you may dislike Nijman’s work habits, you seem to have a better chance of winning with Nijman than Walker. Also, is Walker learning and going to be better with this “live bullets” experience, or are they just punishing Nijman.

Would Adam Stenavich have benched Max McGee?

bobblehead
11-04-2023, 10:47 AM
Stafford is questionable and the Rams are bad. That is how we are favored.

Bretsky
11-04-2023, 01:08 PM
Stafford is questionable and the Rams are bad. That is how we are favored.

yup

With a healthy Stafford GB loses for sure. But it sounds like they are rollling out Brett Rypien. That is why GB should win.

The homers might come out hard, but beating a banged up Rams team w/o a QB is no big thing

Sparkey
11-04-2023, 04:53 PM
Nijman will be starting at LT tomorrow.

Joemailman
11-04-2023, 06:24 PM
Nijman will be starting at LT tomorrow.

Prediction or information?

RashanGary
11-04-2023, 06:56 PM
The Packers took Aaron Rodgers with their first pick in the 2005 draft. A fuming Brett Favre then lead the Packers to a 4-12 regular season record, the worst season of his career. The Packers got the 5th overall pick that year and took AJ Hawk.

If we lose a Staffordless Rams team tomorrow, that top 5 pick becomes a real possibility. A franchise LT, franchise QB, star edge, star DT or Marvin Harrison would all be a big help.

Fosco33
11-05-2023, 08:03 AM
Depends on Stafford playing or not. I won’t be surprised with a loss if he plays. Their rookie and Cooper vs our secondary…

We’ll get Aaron Jones like 8 carries again because they play from behind.

Joemailman
11-05-2023, 08:20 AM
The Packers took Aaron Rodgers with their first pick in the 2005 draft. A fuming Brett Favre then lead the Packers to a 4-12 regular season record, the worst season of his career. The Packers got the 5th overall pick that year and took AJ Hawk.

If we lose a Staffordless Rams team tomorrow, that top 5 pick becomes a real possibility. A franchise LT, franchise QB, star edge, star DT or Marvin Harrison would all be a big help.

If top 5, I think you can probably narrow it down to QB, LT or MHJ. Or a trade back.

Joemailman
11-05-2023, 08:47 AM
Brett Rypien has had three starts in his career:

10-1-2020 @ NYJ 19-31, 242, 2 TD, 3 INT

10-23-2022 vs NYJ 24-46, 225, 0TD, 1 INT

12-18-2022 vs ARI 21-26, 197, 1 TD, 1 INT

Fritz
11-05-2023, 11:20 AM
And today he’ll throw for a couple TD’s, maybe even three, and the Packers will drop a couple of possible picks.

texaspackerbacker
11-06-2023, 07:17 AM
Rypien wasn't horrible. Stafford has a serious tendency to throw it to the other team. I suspect he would have been worse than Rypien.

Bretsky
11-06-2023, 07:56 PM
Rypien wasn't horrible. Stafford has a serious tendency to throw it to the other team. I suspect he would have been worse than Rypien.

Rather than closing your eyes to the game, please explain how Rypien wasn't horrible ?

Quarterback Rating as measured by the NFL ?
Completion percentage ?
Stats....

something.......give us something on why Rypien was nothing short of garbabe

texaspackerbacker
11-06-2023, 09:18 PM
As I said, Stafford is a lot worse for throwing interceptions. Rypien's only pick was on a great/lucky (take your pick) play by Jaire and Johnson. I said the guy was mediocre. That's about what his numbers say also. The positive take is that the Packers played good D. The negative take is that Rypien and the Rams in general stunk. I prefer the positive.