PDA

View Full Version : Embrace the Tank

Vincenzo
11-04-2023, 01:04 AM
Hang on here a Cotton Pickin’ minute lads, you fellow Rats here must admit that it’s only Bretsky who could come up with “Embrace the Tank,” at this point during the season?
Even our Burger Flipper couldn’t come up with that.

ThunderDan
11-04-2023, 07:48 AM
Management might be embracing the tank but the players aren’t.

Trust me, in the NFL if you have a bad attitude or give bad effort or you don’t spend enough time studying film or working out, you aren’t on the team next year. The players who embrace the tank and don’t give their best effort will be gone.

Vincenzo
11-04-2023, 08:11 AM

Trust me, in the NFL if you have a bad attitude or give bad effort or you don’t spend enough time studying film or working out, you aren’t on the team next year. The players who embrace the tank and don’t give their best effort will be gone.
Fair enough buddy, but as a Packer fan that still doesn’t take away from the fact that this morning the phrase, “embrace the tank” is imprinted in my mind. It’s a great therapeutic phrase!

ThunderDan
11-04-2023, 09:17 AM
Fair enough buddy, but as a Packer fan that still doesn’t take away from the fact that this morning the phrase, “embrace the tank” is imprinted in my mind. It’s a great therapeutic phrase!

Maybe reduces the angst of loss after loss.

texaspackerbacker
11-04-2023, 09:28 AM
I say again, tanking is idiotic and embracing the tank is downright stupid and pathetic. There is a pervasive tendency by many dumbasses in here to panic. Go root for the God damned Bears if you have an attitude like that.

Fritz
11-04-2023, 09:45 AM
I think Guter is the only one who could tank the season - trading productive vets, pushing to have guys put on IR - but he’d have to be confident in his job security. Or he could try to throw The Flower under the bus, if he feels heat. But coaches are usually coaching for their lives.

bobblehead
11-04-2023, 10:33 AM
Losing is a culture. I can embrace the one year reset tank, but you can't allow the players to embrace it. MiLF has to stay on them to WIN. Just like I bitched that fat mike would get a lead and make the D play on its heels and then ask them to ratch the intensity back up when it was a one score game with 2 minutes left, I'll bitch that Gutes is losing guys who know how to win. Culture matters (no, thats not an FYI statement). If you allow the players to accept that losing is OK you will have a problem.

We can embrace it. Gutes can embrace a bad season. The coaches and players can not, and Gutes should have understood that before trading Douglas.

Vincenzo
11-04-2023, 11:06 AM
I say again, tanking is idiotic and embracing the tank is downright stupid and pathetic. There is a pervasive tendency by many dumbasses in here to panic. Go root for the God damned Bears if you have an attitude like that.
Haha, good one.
Have you been watching the games this season? The way we’ve been looking we’ll be lucky to win another game.
If you don’t want to embrace the tank then don’t embrace the tank. However for the sake of my eye twitching this weekend this Packer fan is embracing the tank, regardless of what you say.

Vincenzo
11-04-2023, 11:08 AM
Losing is a culture. I can embrace the one year reset tank, but you can't allow the players to embrace it. MiLF has to stay on them to WIN. Just like I bitched that fat mike would get a lead and make the D play on its heels and then ask them to ratch the intensity back up when it was a one score game with 2 minutes left, I'll bitch that Gutes is losing guys who know how to win. Culture matters (no, thats not an FYI statement). If you allow the players to accept that losing is OK you will have a problem.

We can embrace it. Gutes can embrace a bad season. The coaches and players can not, and Gutes should have understood that before trading Douglas.
Good to see you’re kinda embracing it. Can’t argue with a single point you’ve made..

Vincenzo
11-04-2023, 11:13 AM
I think Guter is the only one who could tank the season - trading productive vets, pushing to have guys put on IR - but he’d have to be confident in his job security. Or he could try to throw The Flower under the bus, if he feels heat. But coaches are usually coaching for their lives.
GM’s embrace the tank, Fritz. Coaches can’t but GM’s often have the bigger picture in mind…they commit to giving rookies reps on the field for experience and they drool for a top 5 draft pick. Gute’s gotta top 5 pick locked up this season.

Bretsky
11-04-2023, 12:51 PM

Trust me, in the NFL if you have a bad attitude or give bad effort or you don’t spend enough time studying film or working out, you aren’t on the team next year. .

I would agree with all of this.

I think Gutebag expected GB to be bad this year; maybe not as bad as they are but there were reason't he didn't sign a reliable vet WR, or bring in a TE who could actually block.

I also think some vets would have more inssues with the performance than the 1st/2nd year guys. Part of that is even more troubling that we just dumped one of them for not enough when we really didn't have any step in younger backups ready

And Gutebag's presser was complete Shit.

If you listen to Flower, and Barry, those two are coaching their asses off and were not happy with the Rasul Sale

Bretsky
11-04-2023, 12:53 PM

I actually first started it a few weeks ago because of my Manlove for Marvelous Marvin Harrison JR, the best player in college football.

I want him in Green Bay; then again if we don't have an accurate QB the WR talent isn't as important

Bretsky
11-04-2023, 12:54 PM
Maybe reduces the angst of loss after loss.

My expectations are so low at this point I feel no pain :)

Bretsky
11-04-2023, 01:02 PM

IT's very prevalent in Basketball Tex; how many teams do you think wish they might have tanked right now to better their chances of getting Lebron James "

Our roster has holes EVERYWHERE; we need some stud's

Bretsky
11-04-2023, 01:04 PM

My coin phrase was ther for the purpose of geting a top QB or Marvin Marvelous Harrison JR. Perhaps, I should rename it. Embrace the Tank 2024 :)

CaptainKickass
11-04-2023, 02:06 PM
My expectations are so low at this point I feel no pain :)

This is absolutely THE key to enjoying the season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3flv5nWZgII

ThunderDan
11-04-2023, 02:18 PM
I would agree with all of this.

I think Gutebag expected GB to be bad this year; maybe not as bad as they are but there were reason't he didn't sign a reliable vet WR, or bring in a TE who could actually block.

I also think some vets would have more inssues with the performance than the 1st/2nd year guys. Part of that is even more troubling that we just dumped one of them for not enough when we really didn't have any step in younger backups ready

And Gutebag's presser was complete Shit.

If you listen to Flower, and Barry, those two are coaching their asses off and were not happy with the Rasul Sale

Maybe it does all make sense.

Packers are in cap hell this year and cap not great next year. But they can back in good position in 2025.

You take 2023 to see if Love is the next QB, if he isn’t you had a bad year and should be drafting high.

I, as a fan, want us to win every game.

Bretsky
11-04-2023, 02:35 PM
Maybe it does all make sense.

Packers are in cap hell this year and cap not great next year. But they can back in good position in 2025.

You take 2023 to see if Love is the next QB, if he isn’t you had a bad year and should be drafting high.

I, as a fan, want us to win every game.

Just board the Tank Bus with me TD :)

I am not at all convinced Jordan Love is the guy. If he's not there are QB coming out next year.

And I'm happy to be wrong. If he is the guy, maybe we get the top OT in the draft, or my wishes, the best WR and top player in the draft.

We're accumulating draft picks; when we decide to win down the road we absolutely need a few Vet Leaders though.

Going to be an interesting ride.

WHAT BITES....my 2nd favorite team is the dam RAMS, and they suck too.f

It sux to have no quality team to cheer for...lol

texaspackerbacker
11-04-2023, 05:50 PM
IT's very prevalent in Basketball Tex; how many teams do you think wish they might have tanked right now to better their chances of getting Lebron James "

Our roster has holes EVERYWHERE; we need some stud's

It's the kind of stupid thing that the perpetual losers do - in any sport.

Joemailman
11-04-2023, 06:29 PM
Tanking has less chance of working in the football though because of the number of players involved. Basketball obviously has the highest chance.

RashanGary
11-04-2023, 06:48 PM
Tanking has less chance of working in the football though because of the number of players involved. Basketball obviously has the highest chance.

Top 5 picks bust in football every single year.

Anti-Polar Bear
11-05-2023, 04:00 AM
Yes, embrace me, the Tank.

Cos, I don't believe in Love. I never have and I never will. Love’s never worth the pain that you feel.

MadScientist
11-05-2023, 06:54 PM
Who in their right mind would embrace the Tank? Even hookers charge double to do so.

Joemailman
11-05-2023, 07:37 PM
Packers win.

https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/13618569/giphy.0.gif

Bretsky
11-05-2023, 08:15 PM

HOWEVER......how many of the top QB's in the NFL were picked in the top 10 selections in round one ???

Joemailman
11-05-2023, 08:52 PM
HOWEVER......how many of the top QB's in the NFL were picked in the top 10 selections in round one ???

Using a list of the best QB's in 2023 compiled by SI, it's a mixed bag:

1. Pat Mahomes (10)
2. Joe Burrow (1)
3. Josh Allen (7)
4. Jalen Hurts (53)
5. Justin Herbert (6)
6. Trevor Lawrence (1)
7. Lamar Jackson (32)
8. Aaron Rodgers (24)
9. Matt Stafford (1)
10. Dak Prescott (135)

Joemailman
11-05-2023, 09:30 PM
Draft position of last 10 QB's to win Super Bowl:

Pat Mahomes (10)
Matt Stafford (1)
Tom Brady (199)
Pat Mahomes (10)
Tom Brady (199)
Nick Foles (88)
Tom Brady (199)
Peyton Manning (1)
Tom Brady (199)
Russell Wilson (75)

Joemailman
11-05-2023, 09:48 PM
From 2012-2021, 21 QB's have been drafted in the top 10. Only Pat Mahomes has been the starting QB for a Super Bowl winner.

QB's taken in top 10 from 2012-2021:

Andrew Luck
Robert Griffin
Ryan Tannehill
Blake Bortles
Jameis Winston
Marcus Mariota
Jared Goff
Carson Wentz
Mitchell Trubisky
Pat Mahomes
Baker Mayfield
Sam Darnold
Josh Allen
Kyler Murray
Daniel Jones
Joe Burrow
Tua Tagovailoa
Trevor Lawrence
Zach Wilson
Trey Lance
Justin Herbert

RashanGary
11-05-2023, 10:00 PM
The gap between Jordan Love and Joe Burrow is bigger than the gap between Brett Rypien and Jordan Love.

Embrace the tank.

call_me_ishmael
11-05-2023, 11:44 PM
From 2012-2021, 21 QB's have been drafted in the top 10. Only Pat Mahomes has been the starting QB for a Super Bowl winner.

Andrew Luck
Robert Griffin
Ryan Tannehill
Blake Bortles
Jameis Winston
Marcus Mariota
Jared Goff
Carson Wentz
Mitchell Trubisky
Pat Mahomes
Baker Mayfield
Sam Darnold
Josh Allen
Kyler Murray
Daniel Jones
Joe Burrow
Tua Tagovailoa
Trevor Lawrence
Zach Wilson
Trey Lance
Justin Herbert

It is a fun exercise to go through these guys and the org, swap the QB in question with Brady, and ask if they would have won anything. I think Tua has a chance despite the assness that is the Dolphins org. They have a great coach presently.

My other take away is don't draft guys from small schools. Who in their right mind didn't think/know Blake Bortles was gonna be a bust? It was so obvious.

MadtownPacker
11-06-2023, 01:02 AM
Who in their right mind would embrace the Tank? Even hookers charge double to do so.
You and KY are just killing it today with the APB takedowns. :lol:

texaspackerbacker
11-06-2023, 07:12 AM
Packers win.

https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/13618569/giphy.0.gif

Oh Hell Yeah, THAT is what you to with the STUPID idea of the "tank".

texaspackerbacker
11-06-2023, 07:15 AM
The gap between Jordan Love and Joe Burrow is bigger than the gap between Brett Rypien and Jordan Love.

Embrace the tank.

Seriously? This post was AFTER the game? How in the hell can people still rag on Jordan Love? Sheeeesh.

Joemailman
11-06-2023, 09:24 AM
I think there's a chance the tank is buried next week. Steelers are 5-3, but their offense is woeful, #30 overall. In 8 games they have 7 TD passes and 6 INT's. Their ground game is averaging 3.7 YPC. Should be a low scoring game the Packers have a good chance of winning if they protect the football.

bobblehead
11-06-2023, 10:07 AM

Andrew Luck
Robert Griffin
Ryan Tannehill
Blake Bortles
Jameis Winston
Marcus Mariota
Jared Goff
Carson Wentz
Mitchell Trubisky
Pat Mahomes
Baker Mayfield
Sam Darnold
Josh Allen
Kyler Murray
Daniel Jones
Joe Burrow
Tua Tagovailoa
Trevor Lawrence
Zach Wilson
Trey Lance
Justin Herbert

2 points to make. Goff and Burrow were both IN the Owl so thats something. Also since only ONE team wins an Owl annually this list is bound to skew a certain way. However even those 2 points don't change the fact that this list is at least half epic BUST.

bobblehead
11-06-2023, 10:09 AM
It is a fun exercise to go through these guys and the org, swap the QB in question with Brady, and ask if they would have won anything. I think Tua has a chance despite the assness that is the Dolphins org. They have a great coach presently.

My other take away is don't draft guys from small schools. Who in their right mind didn't think/know Blake Bortles was gonna be a bust? It was so obvious.

I have never considered Bortles a bust.....not compared to a lot of the names on that list. Bortles played in an AFCC game and should have won it if not for the officials deciding that Brady deserves every clutch penalty. To be honest if you called the Bortles bust ahead of time you are in the 1% since he was a consensus top 3 pick. I don't quite get why this guy wasn't given more shots ala Carr, Jimmy G and that ilk. He was every bit as good as they were.

SkinBasket
11-06-2023, 04:50 PM

Who in their right mind doesn’t know your testicles don’t explode if you don’t jerk off? Some things never change.

run pMc
11-06-2023, 04:56 PM
Bortles was... not good. Big guy, strong arm, lots of scouts and coaches liked him. The Jags gave him a 3 year extension after their AFCCC run, but cut him one into it. He was a backup/bounced around a bit after that and retired.
Not great for the 3rd overall pick. Khalil Mack was picked 5th that year.

Bretsky
11-06-2023, 07:42 PM
Using a list of the best QB's in 2023 compiled by SI, it's a mixed bag:

1. Pat Mahomes (10)
2. Joe Burrow (1)
3. Josh Allen (7)
4. Jalen Hurts (53)
5. Justin Herbert (6)
6. Trevor Lawrence (1)
7. Lamar Jackson (32)
8. Aaron Rodgers (24)
9. Matt Stafford (1)
10. Dak Prescott (135)

So SIX out of TEN were top 10

Bretsky
11-06-2023, 07:43 PM
Oh Hell Yeah, THAT is what you to with the STUPID idea of the "tank".

That Tank represents my hopo of GB getting Marvelous Marvin

Bretsky
11-06-2023, 07:45 PM
Seriously? This post was AFTER the game? How in the hell can people still rag on Jordan Love? Sheeeesh.

Says the one that says the Packers would be complete shit if Rodgers left and JL too over :)

Love was good last game. But the Rams......horrible team with one of the worst QB's playing made us look way better

Bretsky
11-06-2023, 07:48 PM
I think there's a chance the tank is buried next week. Steelers are 5-3, but their offense is woeful, #30 overall. In 8 games they have 7 TD passes and 6 INT's. Their ground game is averaging 3.7 YPC. Should be a low scoring game the Packers have a good chance of winning if they protect the football.

SIDENOTE

Playing these HORRIBLE offenses with crap QB's will end us saving JoeB's job again

call_me_ishmael
11-07-2023, 09:15 AM
Nothing excites me about Drake. Why would I want a small school homeboy? When has there been a good QB in the past from NC? It just seems sus to me.

bobblehead
11-07-2023, 12:19 PM
Who in their right mind doesn’t know your testicles don’t explode if you don’t jerk off? Some things never change.

I wouldn't know that because I never tested the theory.....

bobblehead
11-07-2023, 12:21 PM
SIDENOTE

Playing these HORRIBLE offenses with crap QB's will end us saving JoeB's job again

It better not. If it does it might cost MiLF his.

bobblehead
11-07-2023, 12:22 PM
Nothing excites me about Drake. Why would I want a small school homeboy? When has there been a good QB in the past from NC? It just seems sus to me.

I have a friend who is a bills fan. He said the same thing after they drafted Josh Allen over Josh Rosen.

call_me_ishmael
11-07-2023, 10:34 PM
I have a friend who is a bills fan. He said the same thing after they drafted Josh Allen over Josh Rosen.

The exception not the rule IMO. I'd personally rather suck for a couple years and see what Arch Manning looks like.

texaspackerbacker
11-08-2023, 01:05 AM
That's just pathetic and idiotic.

Bretsky
11-08-2023, 01:32 PM
That's just pathetic and idiotic.

Come on Tex; ETT. Don't you want an elite QB ? Cause last yr you documented your thoughts and losing AROD and playing the Love Machine pretty well :)

Vincenzo
11-08-2023, 02:06 PM
Come on Tex; ETT. Don't you want an elite QB ? Cause last yr you documented your thoughts and losing AROD and playing the Love Machine pretty well :)

That’s called Eggo Waffling it, bretsky.
Tex has made his embracing the tank views pretty clear (whoooo cares), but give it a few more weeks and he’ll be right on board.

texaspackerbacker
11-08-2023, 11:55 PM
I say again, tanking is what pathetic loser teams do, and it's stupid to even think about embracing that.

Bretsky, regarding that elite QB you crave (and think we don't already have), what do you think the chances are of whoever we might draft after a tank job being that?

I obviously was wrong in my prediction of wins for this season. I still say, though, The Packers will finish the season with a respectable record way better than what many panicky fools in here expect.

run pMc
11-09-2023, 01:07 PM
I think 6 is the magic number for MLF to keep his job. He may have to sacrifice a coach or two, maybe Barry, Butkus or Vrabel. I do not want Barry back as DC.

NFL teams actively, obviously tanking might get reprimanded from Goodell, plus it would be a coach killer and you'd lose your locker room. There are too many coaches and players with pride and paychecks on the line.
A G can trade away good players and play young/bad players instead as a form of tanking, but the deadline has passed and this team is in an evaluation year to figure out who is good. Sure, it would be nice to have a high draft pick, but it's more important to draft a great player.

Don't want to tank. They are likely to lose the next 4 against PIT, SD, KC, DET and then they have some winnable ones vs. CAR, MIN and CHI. I think they are unlikely to be drafting inside the top 5. I could see them somewhere around 7-11.

I'm going to keep expectations low this year, but at least hope to see some development from the players. Right now, the OL has disappointed and the receivers are doing atrocious things (drops, wrong routes, etc) that I am starting to think is a serious coaching issue.

sharpe1027
11-09-2023, 08:56 PM
It's a major coaching issue when a Barry defense is playing better than the offense.

Bretsky
11-11-2023, 12:37 AM
I say again, tanking is what pathetic loser teams do, and it's stupid to even think about embracing that.

Bretsky, regarding that elite QB you crave (and think we don't already have), what do you think the chances are of whoever we might draft after a tank job being that?

I obviously was wrong in my prediction of wins for this season. I still say, though, The Packers will finish the season with a respectable record way better than what many panicky fools in here expect.

Tex, is Jordan Love our next franchise QB ? What does he do great ? I just don't see the upside of him ever becoming elite.

SO while 1st rounders bust, I'll willing to roll the dice.

As as a FYI, I have no issues dumping Gutebag before we try to locate our next QB; I don't have faith in his ability to find a franchise QB.

Vincenzo
11-11-2023, 01:40 AM
Tex, is Jordan Love our next franchise QB ? What does he do great ? I just don't see the upside of him ever becoming elite.

SO while 1st rounders bust, I'll willing to roll the dice.

As as a FYI, I have no issues dumping Gutebag before we try to locate our next QB; I don't have faith in his ability to find a franchise QB.
C’mon bresky, why are you trying to convince Tex? Why bother?
I just sent this to him:

“Also Tex, have you tried Yoga? What you actually do is spread your legs wide open and try your hardest to chill.
There are lots of techniques to relax, apparently most community colleges have courses about the subject.

ThunderDan
11-11-2023, 08:23 AM

Yes and so does any pick every year.

I would guess historically Top 5 picks have a lower bust out rate than any other group of picks.

texaspackerbacker
11-11-2023, 08:42 AM
Some shitheads in here are just too pathetic to call themselves Packer fans. I say again, tanking is what loser teams do, and wanting it says you're lower than snake shit.

Bretsky
11-11-2023, 12:21 PM
Some shitheads in here are just too pathetic to call themselves Packer fans. I say again, tanking is what loser teams do, and wanting it says you're lower than snake shit.

Even a stubborn dude like you should be able to be open minded about the greater good Tex :)

If you think the Lovometer indicated he's our next franchise QB then you would never ever E.T.T.

But if you don't think he's good enough to resign and extend at QB pay, it's worth considering.

bobblehead
11-11-2023, 12:46 PM
It's a major coaching issue when a Barry defense is playing better than the offense.

Is it though? I mean all the 1st rounders and most of the payroll is on D right now, so is it a coaching thing?

sharpe1027
11-11-2023, 07:36 PM
Is it though? I mean all the 1st rounders and most of the payroll is on D right now, so is it a coaching thing?

I mean, he's had that imbalance before without results.

run pMc
11-12-2023, 04:00 PM
It's possible some of those R1's on defense are busts.
That said, it's been an issue going back to Pettine that the defense as a whole is less than the sum of its parts. As for Barry, I think he's a guy who knows the Fangio defense, but doesn't understand it, if that makes sense. He doesn't adjust enough to situations, sometimes he just runs stuff as if he's blind or going off a script.

"3rd down? Let's go nickel!"
Nevermind it's 3rd and goal at the one yard line and David Montgomery is going to run through a gaping hole into the end zone.

Tanking is a fun idea if you can get an All Pro franchise player, but if you think they are going to be picking in the Top 3 this year you are either delusional or incredibly down on this team. There are worse teams in the league, and they will finish with worse records than GB. I think GB ends up picking around #7 and that's not getting you one of the top 2 QBs. It probably gets you a top tier LT like Joe Alt, which isn't bad, but they have CHI (via CAR), NYG, ARI, NE, and probably CHI ahead of them for picks at least.

In real life, NFL teams don't tank. The coaches don't survive a tank, the GM might not, and you absolutely lose the locker room. The GM could trade/waive players that would make it harder to win, but that time has passed for GB, and everything says they are playing to win. If you embrace tanking, you send a very bad message to the rookies and young players you're trying to develop as well.

Bretsky
11-12-2023, 06:56 PM
It looks like Green Bay plays the 3 worst teams in football still. Giants and Panthers and Bears. And we should beat the Buccaneers at home. We'll get to 7 wins, but honestly beating the Patti Cakes of the NFL to get to 7 wins and ropping your draft spot 6-8 spots by doing that doesn't make me feel much better. I assume 7 wins gets you to around the 12 pick ? That's probably good enough to not get an elite OT...Marvelous Marvin long long gone.

MadtownPacker
11-12-2023, 07:01 PM
Fucking awesome Tex!!! Hahaha! The snake shit part proves you are still at the top of your game. :lol:

Fuck the Tank!

texaspackerbacker
11-13-2023, 11:02 AM
And after the latest loss, I'll still double down on what I said.

Vincenzo
11-13-2023, 01:03 PM
It’s good to know your opinion even though I don’t believe I’ve read more than a small handful of sentences of yours after 9 years here.

The vast majority come on Packer boards to either gather information or to get a good dose of humour. One such form of humour is called:
“Tongue-in-cheek which is an idiom that describes a humorous or sarcastic statement expressed in a serious manner.”
But I guess some of us missed that.
So ya, in the end this Packer fan will just F-the Tank too.

run pMc
11-13-2023, 01:08 PM
I'm not surprised they lost to PIT. Tough place to play, they haven't won there in ages, and their defense and run game looked to be challenging for a young GB team still finding its way.

They aren't tanking.
I'll also say they aren't getting a Top 5 pick. Too many garbage teams ahead of them in draft order.

Fritz
11-13-2023, 05:25 PM
We should be thrilled if they end up picking in the #7 - 10 range.

I'm usually not in favor of trading up, but I assume the first two picks will be those two QB's, so what if GB watched those two go, and could trade up to get MHJ? Intriguing. They have lots of needs, yes, but one of them is a legit #1 stud receiver. Christian Watson is NOT that.

call_me_ishmael
11-17-2023, 02:00 PM
If Joe Burrow is out for the year and they have good pieces around him, I wonder if the Bengals would be willing to trade for Love for the rest of the year and then flip him again if he shows well with their talent. I would take an R1 from them. Feels like win-win. We need to tank properly since I don't personally think Love Shack is the guy, and they need somebody that can spin it better than a crappy backup to fulfill their playoff aspirations. Altohugh maybe they will tank it from here on out too.

Anti-Polar Bear
11-18-2023, 05:35 AM
If Joe Burrow is out for the year and they have good pieces around him, I wonder if the Bengals would be willing to trade for Love for the rest of the year and then flip him again if he shows well with their talent. I would take an R1 from them. Feels like win-win. We need to tank properly since I don't personally think Love Shack is the guy, and they need somebody that can spin it better than a crappy backup to fulfill their playoff aspirations. Altohugh maybe they will tank it from here on out too.

Facts, bro, facts.

1. JoeQB is out for the season. He now has more time to fight poverty, something he promised he would do during his Heisman acceptance speech.

2. Love ain’t worth a 1st rounder. Nobody’s gonna trade a 1 for an inaccurate, inconsistent, Bert-Favor-dumb QB with average athletic kung fu.

3. The trade deadline has passed, like, 4 scores and 7 touchdowns ago. If multiple trade deadlines are what you seek, go root for the NBA.

4. Yes, embrace me, The Tank. Stink for Shedeur, a poor man’s Butte. Wait, Sanders’ a trust fund kid. Make it Black man’s Butte.

oldbutnotdeadyet
11-18-2023, 01:23 PM
I don't think anybody has to hope for a tank, it will just happen naturally..

Joemailman
11-19-2023, 06:38 PM
Packers now with #9 pick.

Bretsky
11-19-2023, 07:11 PM
Packers now with #9 pick.

We still play the Giants, Bears, and Carolina. Our draft position is at about the 26 second mark

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSnMjKRaoxM

run pMc
11-19-2023, 07:25 PM
Word is Shedeur is staying in school. His dad is the coach and likely has some influence there. Also, word is the 2025 QB draft does not look good, so Shedeur could be QB1 taken then. Big difference in contract money between going top 10 and in the 20's.

Bretsky
11-19-2023, 07:41 PM
This year Shedeur is the 3rd QB at "best". Most feel he could go top 10ish. The more QB's that are drafted ahead of us the better I guess.

texaspackerbacker
11-19-2023, 07:50 PM
We don't need no stinking QB. Are any of the whiners and panicky negativists still spewing shit about Love after today?

Bretsky
11-19-2023, 08:27 PM
We don't need no stinking QB. Are any of the whiners and panicky negativists still spewing shit about Love after today?

He had a good game today; but nobody (but maybe you) is sold on him as our next Hall of Fame QB yet

MadtownPacker
11-19-2023, 08:56 PM
I’m starting to sip some of the Texas koolaid. Our homeboy was slinging with authority today. It’s as if he got sick of reading this forum and was going to serve some fresh shit for us to eat.

texaspackerbacker
11-19-2023, 09:06 PM
H of F no - I wouldn't even give Mahomes that until he does it a few more years. I'll say again, though, Love is well up into the upper half of QBs in the league. He outplayed one of the best today.

Bretsky
11-19-2023, 10:47 PM
H of F no - I wouldn't even give Mahomes that until he does it a few more years. I'll say again, though, Love is well up into the upper half of QBs in the league. He outplayed one of the best today.

OK, so a guy who we traded our 4th and 1st for will be top 16. Let me take this a step further then

Are you happy to pay him 40 Million or more a year ? He looked very good today. But there is a lot of games I wanna see before I ordain the guy you cursed less then a year ago when we had Erin.

oldbutnotdeadyet
11-20-2023, 08:12 AM

'Upper half'? That is sorta hilarious after one good game..

texaspackerbacker
11-20-2023, 10:21 AM
OK, so a guy who we traded our 4th and 1st for will be top 16. Let me take this a step further then

Are you happy to pay him 40 Million or more a year ? He looked very good today. But there is a lot of games I wanna see before I ordain the guy you cursed less then a year ago when we had Erin.

It's hilariously STUPID to think/say he's not in the upper half/top 16 or so. I'd say the guy we traded our 4th and 1st for is at least top 10. I won't say top 5 - yet.

As for that $40 million a year, when does the extension need to be made? If it's a year or more from now, either he will be worth it or it will be clear he is not. I lean toward the worth it side. It might be a good idea to extend him BEFORE it becomes obvious and maybe get him for a few million a year less.

When did I ever "curse" Love? I did say, of course that I wanted to keep Rodgers and that I thought he had 3-5 or more good years left. I also recall saying it would be a shame to lose Love, and I wish we could keep him as a backup for a reasonable amount - to wait that 3-5 years, but obviously that was very unlikely.

run pMc
11-21-2023, 08:13 AM
I think you could argue that Love has played like a top 16 QB over the last 3 games, but across the entire season he's been ranked at about 30. Mostly because of things like Completion %, interceptions, etc. His accuracy issues hurt his productivity and efficiency -- even on passes he completes they are slightly off target and the receiver has to adjust -- if they are more accurate the receiver would catch them in stride and gain YAC.

I don't think he's trash, but he's not top 10 or top 5. He might get top 10 at some point in his career but he has a lot to improve on to get there. I think with a good supporting cast he can win/compete in most games.

Bretsky
11-21-2023, 08:29 AM
I'll say he's greatly improved and this was pleasant to see. But logic would say he's not a top 15 QB yet. And you have to take into account that the Chargers have the worst passing defense in the NFL.

But he appears to be improving; the next two games will be interesting. Then I think we play more powderpuffs. Would be great to see him play really well against the good defenses as well.

It's great to see nearly all our WR's making strides as well as Musgrave. We'll go heavy at OL in the draft. Going to be an interesting ride

Joemailman
11-21-2023, 08:37 AM
Statistically he's been top 10 the last 3 weeks. And he's done it without much help from a running game, and his best receivers are rookies. This season is all about making progress, and the last 2 weeks he's played his best games. That's more important than what his overall stats for the season are.

RashanGary
11-21-2023, 09:22 AM
There are factors like injury and strength of schedule and windy games and things like that. So you can make cases for why regression may happen even at the end of the season.

But all things being within normal ranges, if you had a scatter plot, you’d like to see some upward correlation. That’s what I’m hoping for anyway.

Upnorth
11-21-2023, 10:36 AM
I think we need to extend him on a long contract with no void years but lots (and I mean lots) of incentives.
I think he Is turning the corner, but was still off target on a couple important throws. Most teams pick the last td I think.

Still I think he has a longish cousins style career ahead of him.

bobblehead
11-21-2023, 11:22 AM
I think you could argue that Love has played like a top 16 QB over the last 3 games, but across the entire season he's been ranked at about 30. Mostly because of things like Completion %, interceptions, etc. His accuracy issues hurt his productivity and efficiency -- even on passes he completes they are slightly off target and the receiver has to adjust -- if they are more accurate the receiver would catch them in stride and gain YAC.

I don't think he's trash, but he's not top 10 or top 5. He might get top 10 at some point in his career but he has a lot to improve on to get there. I think with a good supporting cast he can win/compete in most games.

According to ESPNs total QBR he is currently 22nd. That feels about right after some of the stinkers he put up. It wouldn't shock me if he finishes the season inside the top 15. There are only 10 really good QBs in the league.

texaspackerbacker
11-21-2023, 11:25 AM
I'd argue that Love right now is better than Cousins ever was.

bobblehead
11-21-2023, 11:29 AM

You argue a lot of things that are wrong, so this is just #208 on the list.

run pMc
11-21-2023, 11:44 AM

That's some quality homerism there.

Kirk Cousins was playing at a very high level before his injury (dark horse MVP candidate level). He's put up pretty good numbers his entire time at MIN.
He's had a 67.9% completion rate with 1.8% Int rate for MIN. Love can barely do that in most games this year, I have doubts he can average it over 6 years.

Now I'm not saying Cousins is an elite QB, but he's the best QB in the NFCN and one of the better ones in the NFC. I think he's fair to argue he's top 10 but certainly not top 5.

Maybe Love gets there eventually, but he's not there now and has a long way to go before he's there. Like RG, I'm hoping to see improvement over the season and at end of year you see where you are. If he's meh you see if you can improve at QB, you don't Daniel Jones him. If he's top 10 potential you try to extend him with incentives. I think he's already earned 1.5M of a possible 10M in incentives?

Bretsky
11-21-2023, 01:19 PM

Good luck validating that argument

Fosco33
11-21-2023, 01:37 PM
4 of pack’s six losses have come by a combined 11 points. If we can start winning those close ones…

I’d never opening suggest tanking - but the playoff chances are mostly on these next 2 hard games. Could lose and still finish 9-8 and likely miss. Last 5 games all are winnable.

But lose these next 2 and any one of the last 5 games and I don’t think you should trot out injured starters and win at all costs for the final semi meaningless games.

Win one of these 2 vs Lions or Chiefs and it changes it completely w/ playoff mentality.

Bretsky
11-21-2023, 04:06 PM
I would like to add this; in regards to E.T.T. a.ka. EMBRACE THE TANK

I remain in the middle on Jordan Love. When the E.T.T. was pimped by me earlier this year, it has THREE MAIN THINGS in mind

1. Marvelous Marvin Harrison....the best player in college football --- I want to watch his Hall of Fame Ride in Green Bay. Yes of course I want a stud QB; but I was M Squared in GB more
2. Super Bowl or Bust. I want Championships! We're not getting one this year. We have many needs to fill in the draft.........And we are NOT getting one with the THIRD THEME
3. BarryBall. Joe Barry needs to go yesterday and IMO that is tied to giving us a shot for a Super Bowl in our near future. Last week was our perfect shot, if that WR could catch a pass, to take a major stop towards the Barry Ball. He needs to be gone yesterday. Flower is covering his ass with everything he's got. E.T.T...for the greater good. And for those who condemn and give E.T.T. no merit at all..............don't go calling for Joe Barry to be removed. The Flower has his back :)

texaspackerbacker
11-22-2023, 02:41 PM
I say again, I don't think the younger bigger version of Marvin Harrison is gonna be all that super - good probably, but not Randy Moss good for example of a bigger faster WR.

I also say again, the hell with "Super Bowl or Bust". I'll be very pleased with a nice string of 13-4 or 14-3 seasons.

I agree with you about Barry needing to go and a good rest of the season making that less likely. That's absolutely NOT a reason to E T T, though.

I seriously doubt LaFleur is just keeping Barry around to enable losing/tanking. Far more likely is he really does have some misguided respect for Barry and his scheme.

texaspackerbacker
11-22-2023, 02:45 PM
[QUOTE=texaspackerbacker;1144725]I say again, I don't think the younger bigger version of Marvin Harrison is gonna be all that super - good probably, but not Randy Moss good for example of a bigger faster WR.

I also say again, the hell with "Super Bowl or Bust". I'll be very pleased with a nice string of 13-4 or 14-3 seasons.

I agree with you about Barry needing to go and a good rest of the season making that less likely. That's absolutely NOT a reason to E T T, though.

I seriously doubt LaFleur is just keeping Barry around to enable losing/tanking. Far more likely is he really does have some misguided respect for Barry and his scheme.

Bretsky
11-22-2023, 08:57 PM
I say again, I don't think the younger bigger version of Marvin Harrison is gonna be all that super - good probably, but not Randy Moss good for example of a bigger faster WR.

WE
First off Tex, I enjoy debating/arguing with you, even though you are pretty much wrong in nearly all of our debates. Ok, now back to your notes

1. You are wrong. MMH squared in the best player in college football. Barring injury, he's going to be a Hall of Famer. Who is our last Hall of Fame WR ? James Lofton from the 80's ? Not that I'd ever bait, you, but I'd welcome one of your bold predictions that any current Packer WR will have a better career than MARVELOUS Marvin Harrison Squared

2. I remember Championships. I'm so jealous of the run Hoody Genius, Hoody Genius Jr, and TB had. Being good to decent...anybody can be that. CHAMPIONSHIPS !!:pc:

3. Embrace the Tank believes in Championships and the Greater Good. It's obvious Flower boy is going to do everything he can to keep his friend/buddy on the staff. E.T.T. is the ANTI BARRYBALL. The concept believes GB never wins a champtionship with BarryBall.

I don't fault you Tex; by settling for decency, you become content, and in a sense, embrace BarryBall :))

King Friday
11-23-2023, 10:29 AM

The only way we get rid of Barry is for this team to continue to lose. Lafleur has made it abundantly clear that he will defend and stick up for Barry whenever possible. It will take a horrific collapse for him to be jettisoned.

sharpe1027
11-23-2023, 11:34 AM
The only way we get rid of Barry is for this team to continue to lose. Lafleur has made it abundantly clear that he will defend and stick up for Barry whenever possible. It will take a horrific collapse for him to be jettisoned.

Gute (or the next Gute) might force the issue.

King Friday
11-23-2023, 01:04 PM
Gute ain’t going anywhere yet. Love will need to fall apart for Gute to feel the heat, and that hasn’t happened yet.

sharpe1027
11-23-2023, 01:54 PM
Gute ain’t going anywhere yet. Love will need to fall apart for Gute to feel the heat, and that hasn’t happened yet.

Murphy replacement is the wildcard though

Bretsky
11-23-2023, 03:06 PM
Barryball is here to stay unless it comes from above

bobblehead
11-23-2023, 07:15 PM
Barryball is here to stay unless it comes from above

If his D plays like it did today then I welcome it....but its one game. I'm not excited for his new contract yet.

When we played prevent today it was giving up 5 yards underneath and make the tackle. In the past prevent meant 20 yards, 47 seconds to score.

King Friday
11-23-2023, 07:58 PM
Murphy replacement is the wildcard though

The Murphy position is far more about running the business side of the Packers. That person isn’t going to rock the boat on the football side of the business unless something gets sideways. Nothing is even remotely close to sideways at this point.

texaspackerbacker
11-23-2023, 09:02 PM
Have the idiots pushing this tank shit given it up yet? No? Well, fuck 'em.

I tend to agree about Murphy, but that being the case, why hire a former player? There probably just as qualified or more people from other backgrounds.

Bretsky
11-23-2023, 09:57 PM
Have the idiots pushing this tank shit given it up yet? No? Well, fuck 'em.

I tend to agree about Murphy, but that being the case, why hire a former player? There probably just as qualified or more people from other backgrounds.

This bus is still running strong; when you win a Super Bowl you can blow it up

bobblehead
11-24-2023, 11:10 AM
The problem with "tanking" is that it would have required Love and all the 1/2 year skill position guys to NOT improve. We clearly didn't want that to happen. However I am still very much of the opinion this team isn't making it deep in the playoffs, so better draft capital is a plus. But then again, if they play like they did yesterday who am I to say. Maybe we punk the chefs this week!! Ok, now I'm just being greedy.

texaspackerbacker
11-24-2023, 08:06 PM
"punk the Chiefs" huh? like we lost by 17 to the Lions hahahahaha.

I wouldn't be surprised if we win the Chiefs game too. They're better than the Lions, but it's a home game, so who knows.

After the Chiefs, the Packers could/should win all five other games.

RashanGary
11-25-2023, 07:25 PM
If we beat the Chiefs it’s going to go from, “maybe we make the playoffs” straight to expecting to make the playoffs.

Joemailman
11-25-2023, 08:18 PM
If we beat the Chiefs it’s going to go from, “maybe we make the playoffs” straight to expecting to make the playoffs.

ESPN analytics currently has Packers with 43% of making playoffs. Would go over 50% with win over Chiefs.

RashanGary
11-26-2023, 06:32 AM
ESPN analytics currently has Packers with 43% of making playoffs. Would go over 50% with win over Chiefs.

If we beat the chiefs, I think that 50% is a gross underestimation.

Bretsky
11-26-2023, 07:56 AM
HERE IT GOES

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DC_AWB4AJ0U

Bretsky
11-26-2023, 07:56 AM
EMBRACE THE TANK....E.T.T...................

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFeC2yeOibg

run pMc
11-26-2023, 10:21 AM
They have NYG, CAR and CHI on the schedule still, 3 winnable games. If they win those and one more that puts them at 9-8 and very much in the hunt for a #7 seed in the NFC. SF, PHI, DAL and DET are the likely locks, and someone has to win the NFCS, so it really comes down to the 6 and 7 seeds.
Part of me doesn't want to watch them win the 7 seed and get dismantled on WC weekend, but it might be good for their overall development.

Right now this feels like a team that could lose to almost any team and beat almost any team... so, maybe not enough data points to feel confident? I guess I'm not sure if this is an upward improvement trend or just a temporary hot streak.

Tanking was never a realistic option, with 5 wins it's definitely not happening now. Personally I'd rather see the team grow/improve than tank. Tanking means they have even more rebuilding and their window for success is much farther into the future.

texaspackerbacker
11-26-2023, 12:16 PM
I'd certainly put the Vikings game on that winnable list too, and I'd change the name of the list from winnable to should win. Winnable is every time they set foot on the field - like against K.C. for example.

I think we go into the playoffs 11-6 as the "team nobody wants to play against".

RashanGary
11-26-2023, 12:17 PM
When I was doubting Love, I was all about the tank. With Love looking like the guy, I don’t really care if we get a top 7 pick. I’d so much rather have a probowl QB and win than get a stud LT and lose.

RashanGary
11-26-2023, 12:19 PM
I'd certainly put the Vikings game on that winnable list too, and I'd change the name of the list from winnable to should win. Winnable is every time they set foot on the field - like against K.C. for example.

I think we go into the playoffs 11-6 as the "team nobody wants to play against".

I’m not as convinced as you after two good games. But I’m sure not all out either. Let’s see what happens against KC. They look like they’re real next week and I’m all in.

texaspackerbacker
11-26-2023, 12:24 PM
As I said, I think they beat the Chiefs, but I could also see them playing good and losing close, K.C. being damn good, and then we see that whiny piss ants in here revert to the tank crap hahahaha.

RashanGary
11-26-2023, 12:27 PM
As I said, I think they beat the Chiefs, but I could also see them playing good and losing close, K.C. being damn good, and then we see that whiny piss ants in here revert to the tank crap hahahaha.

I’m usually not in your piss ant list, but this time I am :lol:

I always doubt a QB will be great until they prove they’re great in the NFL. So I wanted a chance at a new one. But Love was playing with a lot of inexperience and the pass pro was crap for a bit. So I misjudged the early struggles I think and he is very likely to be the guy. I was on the tank train, but I’m off now.

bobblehead
11-26-2023, 12:29 PM
"punk the Chiefs" huh? like we lost by 17 to the Lions hahahahaha.

I wouldn't be surprised if we win the Chiefs game too. They're better than the Lions, but it's a home game, so who knows.

After the Chiefs, the Packers could/should win all five other games.

Tex, your position every game is the pack wins by 20 and every player is great. You don't actually have a take on anything other than all is good, packers are infallible.

bobblehead
11-26-2023, 12:32 PM
I’m usually not in your piss ant list, but this time I am :lol:

I always doubt a QB will be great until they prove they’re great in the NFL. So I wanted a chance at a new one. But Love was playing with a lot of inexperience and the pass pro was crap for a bit. So I misjudged the early struggles I think and he is very likely to be the guy. I was on the tank train, but I’m off now.

Or, everything is clicking now and he looks like the guy, but he is still just an early Carson Wentz in a different shade of green. I have moved around on him a bit, but every since the second half of that KC game in his very first start I said he wouldn't be an outright flop. My worst projection was always a guy like Mayfield or Carr who are good enough, but not really "the man". My best projection was always long term starter you can win an Owl with. And I would never say "hall of famer" until its definitively proven on the field, because thats just silly talk made by people who are prone to silly talk.

texaspackerbacker
11-26-2023, 12:35 PM
hahahahaha That worked about 13 or 14 times out of 17 a lot of years, and I'm expecting to see a lot of that going forward. It must really suck to have the mindset many in here have.

bobblehead
11-26-2023, 12:41 PM
hahahahaha That worked about 13 or 14 times out of 17 a lot of years, and I'm expecting to see a lot of that going forward. It must really suck to have the mindset many in here have.

I agree. Its probably more fun to live in a fantasy world than the real world, but it allows me to objectively make better decisions, so I live in the real one.

And incidentally, it only worked one time in the playoffs.

texaspackerbacker
11-26-2023, 01:12 PM
Fuck the playoffs. I'll take the REALITY of a huge win differential in the regular season anytime.

Bretsky
11-26-2023, 02:29 PM
Fuck the playoffs. I'll take the REALITY of a huge win differential in the regular season anytime.

CHAMPIONSHIPS

Fritz
11-26-2023, 05:20 PM
Bretsky, if you can only take pleasure in winning championships, your life will not be rewarding. You gotta take your pleasures where you can get them. Are you going to turn your back in disgust because two hot lesbians who are French kissing naked are not scissoring??

RashanGary
11-26-2023, 05:23 PM
Bretsky, if you can only take pleasure in winning championships, your life will not be rewarding. You gotta take your pleasures where you can get them. Are you going to turn your back in disgust because two hot lesbians who are French kissing naked are not scissoring??

Wow, this is deep. Balls deep.

TravisWilliams23
11-26-2023, 05:26 PM
CHAMPIONSHIPS

Somewhere Vince is smiling at you Bretsky!

Bretsky
11-26-2023, 05:35 PM

Frtiz Fritz Fritz

When you are watching two hot lesbians being naughty that is a championship !! :)))

run pMc
11-26-2023, 08:02 PM
The CHI game and this latest DET game were the only wins that seemed convincing to me. NO was a fluky miss on a makeable FG, LAR had Brett Rypien at QB, and LAC beat themselves with drops and fumbles. This team is trending in the right direction, but 11-6 is a wildly optimistic expectation, given they are 5-6 and playing a much better KC team than LAC, DEN, or LV. KC's defense is underrated, and even though the receivers have let Mahomes down that offense is doing well by passing efficiency metrics, and they still have Mahomes.

It comes down to who on the OL will block Chris Jones, and whether you'd rather bet on Mahomes or a Joe Barry defense.

I called the NYG, CAR, CHI games winnable because they are. They could easily lose them if JLove goes on a interception bender or Justin Fields plays out of his mind (for example).
The other games are coin flips at best, although the Bucs game will be at Lambeau and that looks promising. GB has a bad track record in MIN at US Bank, and Josh Dobbs has kept the Vikes afloat better than most expected. I do not think GB beats KC, but I very much hope they are competitive in that and all their remaining games. This season was about seeing growth in the youngsters, I want that to continue into next season and beyond.

If they go 4-2 in their remaining games (lose to KC, beat NYG, TAM, CAR, lose to MIN, beat CHI) that puts them 9-8 and squarely in the hunt for a 7 seed in the playoffs. Might result in a 37-10 drubbing against SF in mid-January, but you never know.
This team went 8-9 last year and looked disinterested. I'd take 9-8, growing together and looking like a tough out with all that upside.

sharpe1027
11-26-2023, 08:31 PM
My opinion is that having a team that is consistently good gives you a better chance of winning it all than taking a shot in one or two years and blowing it all up to retool.

texaspackerbacker
11-26-2023, 11:56 PM
The Chiefs haven't looked all that inspired in some of their games this season - just good enough to win. I wouldn't bet on Joe Barry's D over Mahomes, but I'd consider betting on Love over the K.C. D. It will take a good almost inspired effort at home, but I certainly wouldn't bet against that.

Hopefully the Packers don't give these "tank" imbeciles any satisfaction.

Sparkey
11-27-2023, 11:58 AM

When you say HOT lesbians, are you referring to "eye candy hot" or "menopause hot flashes" ?

bobblehead
11-27-2023, 12:45 PM
The Chiefs haven't looked all that inspired in some of their games this season - just good enough to win. I wouldn't bet on Joe Barry's D over Mahomes, but I'd consider betting on Love over the K.C. D. It will take a good almost inspired effort at home, but I certainly wouldn't bet against that.

Hopefully the Packers don't give these "tank" imbeciles any satisfaction.

Losing to the defending Owl champions wouldn't be a tank you sufferless old fool.

run pMc
11-27-2023, 02:17 PM
Losing to the defending Owl champions wouldn't be a tank you sufferless old fool.

LOL this is true.

Also, tank talk is just water cooler nonsense at this point. ARI, NE, CHI (via CAR) are in a much better position even if GB somehow was tanking. They're the 8 seed in the NFC; everyone knows they aren't tanking.

Fritz
11-27-2023, 03:49 PM
When you say HOT lesbians, are you referring to "eye candy hot" or "menopause hot flashes" ?

Yes.

As for the remaining games, I still see this team going around 8 - 9. i don't think they can beat KC or Minny on the road, and I think someone else - TB? Chicago? Will upset them at home.

But if the offense continues to show growth, and if Devonte Wyatt particularly shows growth on defense (I'm waiting, Devonte), then it would be a satisfying season. Like seeing two hot lesbians french kissing.

texaspackerbacker
11-27-2023, 10:32 PM
As shameful and disgraceful as these "tank" shitheads are, it makes you wonder what the fans are like for traditionally good teams doing far worse than the Packers (Patriots, etc.) as well as the fans of the chronic losers (too numerous to list).

Beating K.C. will be a monumental task, but I wouldn't rule it out. Beating the damn Vikings anyplace absolutely should happen - they couldn't even beat the Bears on what apparently was a bad night for Fields. The Packers should run the table after the Chiefs game. It sure would be nice to win that one too.

RashanGary
11-27-2023, 10:37 PM
As shameful and disgraceful as these "tank" shitheads are, it makes you wonder what the fans are like for traditionally good teams doing far worse than the Packers (Patriots, etc.) as well as the fans of the chronic losers (too numerous to list).

Beating K.C. will be a monumental task, but I wouldn't rule it out. Beating the damn Vikings anyplace absolutely should happen - they couldn't even beat the Bears on what apparently was a bad night for Fields. The Packers should run the table after the Chiefs game. It sure would be nice to win that one too.

Tex, I thought the season was doomed so I moved on to wanting a higher draft pick. Now that the young offense is clicking i want to win. In a lost season, it’s not that idiotic to start thinking ahead to better future players.

I definitely jumped the gun. There was always hope that young guys would figure it out, but some guys never do. Turns out we have some good ones. I’m glad it turned around. Having a legit team is always better than tanking, it just didn’t feel like we had the guns a few weeks ago. Didn’t feel like love was it either.

texaspackerbacker
11-27-2023, 10:42 PM
Good for you. You're on a roll tonight.

bobblehead
11-28-2023, 02:57 PM
Tex, I thought the season was doomed so I moved on to wanting a higher draft pick. Now that the young offense is clicking i want to win. In a lost season, it’s not that idiotic to start thinking ahead to better future players.

I definitely jumped the gun. There was always hope that young guys would figure it out, but some guys never do. Turns out we have some good ones. I’m glad it turned around. Having a legit team is always better than tanking, it just didn’t feel like we had the guns a few weeks ago. Didn’t feel like love was it either.

It was always my issue with tanking. The only way it happens is if guys keep playing for shit. I didn't "want" that, but I wasn't positive they would improve enough to beat a Detroit at home on thanksgiving. Now that its clear they CAN win on any given sunday, we should want the playoffs. Because the other option is that Love doesn't continue to impress and other things go wrong. Discussing what to do if the team doesn't improve isn't, as tex puts it, gaddamn foolish stupid talk. Its just the natural order of us sucking so bad for a 5 game stretch.

RashanGary
11-28-2023, 04:40 PM
Agree for sure, bobble. Love has opened the door to possibly beating the odds and being better than most of us thought. Anyone hoping for a draft pick over him showing he’s a stud is an imbecile as Tex puts it. A few weeks ago I was giving up, but I was way wrong on that. Everyone who could get better did and there’s a lot of times guys never get better. We just lucked into back to back good drafts.

Bretsky
12-11-2023, 10:37 PM
I'd like to thank Bobble for single handedly f'cking up my idea of a high draft pick by runnning several wins led by his Game Day Threads :)

Joemailman
12-12-2023, 12:28 PM
I'd like to thank Bobble for single handedly f'cking up my idea of a high draft pick by runnning several wins led by his Game Day Threads :)

You giving up? Packers are only 1 game from a top 5 pick. https://www.tankathon.com/nfl

Bretsky
12-12-2023, 10:33 PM
You giving up? Packers are only 1 game from a top 5 pick. https://www.tankathon.com/nfl

I already waved the flag and surrendered my bus as my Embrace the Tank/getting Marelous Marvin and sending JOE BARRYBALL packing spirts have been crushed . I'm blaming Bobble for the thread streak :)

call_me_ishmael
12-13-2023, 09:22 AM
Wow, Joe, that is crazy how much parity of mediocrity there is this year.

Fritz
12-13-2023, 09:35 AM
Wow, Joe, that is crazy how much parity of mediocrity there is this year.

It's the wet dream of the NFL - eveybody's j-u-s-t within reach of a playoff spot, so all the games seem "important." Now we have fourteen out of thirty-two teams getting into the playoffs, which means if you're just slightly slightly above average (if you assume an average team is like a median team - sixteenth of thirty-two), you're in. I'm guessing the next step will be to make the argument they've created with this system that, since some "deserving" teams just barely missed out, they'll have to expand to sixteen playoff teams. You wait and see.

Bretsky
12-17-2023, 02:48 PM
WE
First off Tex, I enjoy debating/arguing with you, even though you are pretty much wrong in nearly all of our debates. Ok, now back to your notes

1. You are wrong. MMH squared in the best player in college football. Barring injury, he's going to be a Hall of Famer. Who is our last Hall of Fame WR ? James Lofton from the 80's ? Not that I'd ever bait, you, but I'd welcome one of your bold predictions that any current Packer WR will have a better career than MARVELOUS Marvin Harrison Squared

2. I remember Championships. I'm so jealous of the run Hoody Genius, Hoody Genius Jr, and TB had. Being good to decent...anybody can be that. CHAMPIONSHIPS !!:pc:

3. Embrace the Tank believes in Championships and the Greater Good. It's obvious Flower boy is going to do everything he can to keep his friend/buddy on the staff. E.T.T. is the ANTI BARRYBALL. The concept believes GB never wins a champtionship with BarryBall.

I don't fault you Tex; by settling for decency, you become content, and in a sense, embrace BarryBall :))

TIME FOR A BUMPEROOSKI

THE GREATER GOOD

Joemailman
12-17-2023, 03:01 PM
Packers with the 11th pick!

RashanGary
12-17-2023, 06:04 PM
Packers with the 11th pick!

In close proximity of picks 5-9

I think Gute could hit on a trench player if he was that high.

RashanGary
12-17-2023, 06:11 PM
If you have to have a tank year

Having your qb pan out
Having 5 or 6 skill guys pan out
Looking solid on OL, DL, EDGE, CB

Having your DC, safeties and ILB be the biggest problems along with uncertainty at RB…. Those are the who’s who of easiest positions to fill later in the draft or cheaper in FA

And there aren’t many good TEs in the league. We might have two.

There are some ideal aspects to this tank job.

Bretsky
12-18-2023, 06:10 PM
If Green Bay’s
Defense looks bad against Carolina and the bears and they lose at least 2 of the last theee it might be near impossible for the flower to bring his rose bud back to direct the defense next year. I just lack faith in the flower. Embrace the greater good ! Embrace the Tank !

run pMc
12-18-2023, 06:49 PM
Maybe Joe Barry thought they were supposed to be tanking? That would explain the last two games.

Go Pack Go
Let Joe Go

Fritz
12-19-2023, 07:36 AM
Here's a good conspiracy theory: the Packers' brass - this goes all the way to the top - has secretly done a deal with Joe Barely to deliberately put the defense in position to suck, so that Joe can take the fall after the season, and walk out with a check for, say, twenty million dollars - obviously under the table. MLF suspects but does not know this for sure - he's not in on the cabal - so he's struggling visibly with what to do. He's gotten strange, mysterious messages telling him to hang on to Joe Barry, but he doesn't know who's sending them.

Packers get a higher draft pick, Bears don't get the #1 pick. Setting up for a brighter future. Hell, the team already secretly has contracted with Al Harris/Jim Leonhard/Your Favorite Pick for D-Coordinator, also obviously violating NFL rules and international law.

RashanGary
12-19-2023, 08:39 AM
Here's a good conspiracy theory: the Packers' brass - this goes all the way to the top - has secretly done a deal with Joe Barely to deliberately put the defense in position to suck, so that Joe can take the fall after the season, and walk out with a check for, say, twenty million dollars - obviously under the table. MLF suspects but does not know this for sure - he's not in on the cabal - so he's struggling visibly with what to do. He's gotten strange, mysterious messages telling him to hang on to Joe Barry, but he doesn't know who's sending them.

Packers get a higher draft pick, Bears don't get the #1 pick. Setting up for a brighter future. Hell, the team already secretly has contracted with Al Harris/Jim Leonhard/Your Favorite Pick for D-Coordinator, also obviously violating NFL rules and international law.

You’re not a conspiracy theorist, you’re a conspiracy realist. All the puzzle pieces finally fit.

Fosco33
12-19-2023, 09:54 AM
Makes as much sense to me as anything, Fritz. Lol

Fosco33
12-19-2023, 09:59 AM
Like - how can you tank and appear that you’re not trying too.

It’s like - hey, Jordan - we’re gonna sign you to 40m year and we know you can make all the throws.

But for today - I want you to zip it over peoples heads on 3rd down and have a blank look on your face on the sidelines.

Or - carlson - can you barely make some kicks so when some of them miss it appears like you were trying the whole time?

It’d be easy.

bobblehead
12-20-2023, 01:18 PM
So I can also assume Bak will be 100% next year, Jaire will play every game, and Jones will take another pay cut but get 15 touches a game also?

Joemailman
12-21-2023, 03:13 PM
Blow up the tank. Win out and make the playoffs. Have the defense dominate the Bears to the point where the Bears hire Barry as DC after the Packers fire him. Then after Bears fire Eberflus, hire Eberflus as DC. Done.

Bretsky
12-21-2023, 04:51 PM
So I can also assume Bak will be 100% next year, Jaire will play every game, and Jones will take another pay cut but get 15 touches a game also?

we all know Bach is as good as gone

Clearly the Flower, and GB are not happy with Jaire and I don't know where that goes but nothing would surprise me

I do think Jones offers to take another paycut, and then he gets about 6 touches per game...lol

Bretsky
12-21-2023, 04:53 PM
Blow up the tank. Win out and make the playoffs. Have the defense dominate the Bears to the point where the Bears hire Barry as DC after the Packers fire him. Then after Bears fire Eberflus, hire Eberflus as DC. Done.

The Bears are not stupid enough (I know , I've never said that before) to hire Joe Barry,

EMBRACE the TANK

JOE BARRY............BYE BYE...........the greater good !!

Bring Saleh, Bowles, Wink, or Jimmy Jimmy Jimmy Jimmy

Top 7-10 pick

Super Bowl, in 2 years !!!

run pMc
12-22-2023, 07:30 PM
Clearly the Flower, and GB are not happy with Jaire and I don't know where that goes but nothing would surprise me

Jaire seen in the locker room wearing a shoulder harness. It's still a problem and likely will be until next season. Maybe it heals enough where he can make it back vs. MIN or CHI, but I doubt it. It's one thing to run around in practice where there's no tackling, it's another to have to take on a block and make a tackle on a bum shoulder in a real game. I don't think Jaire is faking, I think he's hurt and everyone is frustrated by it. He's doing the opposite of Devondre - he's not putting himself on the field injured to where his performance is affected.

I think they just miss out on the playoffs, not unlike last year, and end up with a pick in the 12-16 range. There are a lot of teams with 5-7 wins currently and that will probably get sorted out by the final week.

Barry needs to go. I think Saleh sticks with NYJ because the Rodgers injury messed everything up. Their D - which is Saleh's thing - is good enough, question has always been about the offense.
Bowles is sticking too, I'd think. He's got TB in 1st place in the division with 3 games to go.
Wink is a maybe, but I don't know that he's MLF's cup of tea.
Jimmy? hmmm
I think it's too early to call, but gun to my head right now I'd guess either Evero or somebody from the college ranks like Aranda. College FB is a mess.

In two years the offense (assuming continued development of the youngsters) should be good enough to make them a contender, it's on the defense to meet them halfway.

Bretsky
01-07-2024, 09:49 PM
Perhaps this thread should get credit (THE REVERSE WHAMMY EFFECT) for the Packers Playoff Run

Anyways, looks like we'll be drafting either at #19 or #20

red
01-07-2024, 09:49 PM
FUCK OFF TRAITOR!!!!!!

MadtownPacker
01-07-2024, 09:54 PM
I knew this prick would try to take credit with his double whammy bullshit!

B, you need to double punch yourself in the nuts man. :lol:

Bretsky
01-07-2024, 10:40 PM
I knew this prick would try to take credit with his double whammy bullshit!

B, you need to double punch yourself in the nuts man. :lol:

;))))

WHEN did Devante Adams Career take off ? After I labled him the Fresno Fraud......HAHHA

RashanGary
01-07-2024, 11:12 PM
Me and Bretsky not looking too good with our embrace the tank right about now, smh.

Bretsky
01-07-2024, 11:43 PM
Me and Bretsky not looking too good with our embrace the tank right about now, smh.

our venture was a good try; so we lost about 10 draft spots, in every round, by sliding into the playoffs at a barely over .500 record to go O.A.D. in the playoffs.

We know what we have and it's really exciting for the next few years at least. Are we really any better off if we get bounced by Dallas ?

And the Barrinator, that's another story. He mde a late year run last year too. Here comes another one. He might be there longer.

call_me_ishmael
01-07-2024, 11:44 PM
Meh, I think they grew like crazy the past 6-7 weeks. That is way more exciting than a pick a few slots higher.

SudsMcBucky
01-08-2024, 02:34 PM
our venture was a good try; so we lost about 10 draft spots, in every round, by sliding into the playoffs at a barely over .500 record to go O.A.D. in the playoffs.

We know what we have and it's really exciting for the next few years at least. Are we really any better off if we get bounced by Dallas ?

And the Barrinator, that's another story. He mde a late year run last year too. Here comes another one. He might be there longer.

Obviously I'd love to beat the dogshit outta Dallas, but just making the playoffs this year warms my heart. Any NFL playoff weekend with the Packers playing is a great weekend.

bobblehead
01-08-2024, 02:39 PM

As I pointed out somewhere in some thread....to tank means they played for shit. We are much better off than if they had played like shit.