PDA

View Full Version : More Banjo - Packers vs.Rams

Joemailman
11-05-2023, 03:24 PM
Love - 20-26, 228 1 TD 115.5 passer rating

Packers with 38 rushes for 184 yards.

Defense held Rams to 187 yards total offense.

Packers had ball for 35 minutes.

Big plays for rookies on offense and defense.

RashanGary
11-05-2023, 03:26 PM
It was nice to see Brooks, Enagbare, Van Ness, Valentine, Musgrave, Reed…. All making a few plays. Salary cap is cleansed. We have some promising young talent. Love still has a chance.

pittstang5
11-05-2023, 03:27 PM
Duds
- Refs - That was some piss poor officiating.
- O-line - Bad plays outnumbered the good plays IMO.

Studs
- I'll just give it to the entire defense. Rookies stepped up big time.

beveaux1
11-05-2023, 03:31 PM
We wanted to see a little progress. The Rams without Stafford are a bottom 4 team, but so are we and it looked like we saw some progress.

Teamcheez1
11-05-2023, 03:31 PM
Two bad teams, somebody had to win.

Anti-Polar Bear
11-05-2023, 03:32 PM
lol @ uncool Pack fans worrying when Cletidus went down. Unlike Cletiidus, the no name Yokozunas (94 and 96) made plays.

Cletidus can join Kirk Cousins on the IR for all I care.

Anti-Polar Bear
11-05-2023, 04:21 PM
For you Clark lovers making excuses for Clark, like, he gets double teamed all the fucking time, go review 94 or 96’s 4th down chop. Dude was double teamed like Dennis Rodman in “Double Team” and still able to shed the blocks to chop down the tailback or halfback for a loss.

Cletidus woulda allowed the ball carrier to dash by freely or committed a holding penalty. Overpaid and overrated.

bobblehead
11-05-2023, 06:29 PM
For you Clark lovers making excuses for Clark, like, he gets double teamed all the fucking time, go review 94 or 96’s 4th down chop. Dude was double teamed like Dennis Rodman in “Double Team” and still able to shed the blocks to chop down the tailback or halfback for a loss.

Cletidus woulda allowed the ball carrier to dash by freely or committed a holding penalty. Overpaid and overrated.

You have been on this bandwagon for years, and I haven't taken it too seriously. I'm coming around. Clark is not disruptive. He should be modestly paid and part of a rotation.

texaspackerbacker
11-06-2023, 07:52 AM
The burning question that has to be asked is were the Packers good or were the Rams just that bad? I'll go with the former or at least solid reason to hope that.

I've hated on Joe Barry as much as anybody, but he showed that he at least knows how to defense a Sean McVay team. For whatever reason, the Packers D was first rate today. As was said, there was a plethora of young players who really stepped up as well as ol' Jaire in the second half and to some extent Campbell.

The offense still needs to get more consistent, but the talent at WR and TE and RB is there as well as OF COURSE Love. The O Line was hot and cold in the game, good pass pro and opening some holes sometimes anyway. Was that flukish or bad defense? They did have Aaron Donald and a few other pieces against them. We'll see what they do against supposedly better teams.

One thing that stood out to me from the beginning of the game was the crowd - the enthusiasm and positivity, in stark contrast to the idiotic panic and negativity so often seen in this forum. There's the real normal sane rest of the world out there, people. I've been saying all along, and I continue to say, IT'S STUPID TO PANIC AND TALK ABOUT TANKING THE SEASON, and the damned dumbasses in here pushing that crap are NOT characteristic of the real Packer fan base.

run pMc
11-06-2023, 09:47 AM
Seems like they simplified some of the run blocking and was 'good enough' against an mediocre defense.
Turnovers and penalties killed drives.

Love was ok - he still underthrows or is off target more than I'd like. He didn't hurt the team today and IMO was a slight net positive. A heavy dose of Aaron Jones was part of the plan and it mostly worked. I'm starting to wonder if the problem on the OL is more Runyan than Myers. (Myers was a mixed bag.) Njiman is clearly better than Walker at this point, but maybe that changes with time and coaching. Jenkins is rounding back into form from the MCL, I think he rushed back and was ineffective until last week. I wonder if Runyan is still dealing with the ankle or if he's regressed that much. I don't think he's back next year. Sean Rhyan played a few snaps and looked passable as a run blocker, not sure about the pass blocking yet. It was encouraging at least to see him on the field. The TEs aren't great blockers, whoo.

The defense made some stands and held up ok against a bad offense. They played inconsistent run defense, but well enough to get LAR into 3rd and long and then get off the field more than vs. MIN. Not surprised, Kirk Cousins is way, way better than Brett Rypien. If Stafford plays this is probably a loss.
Some of the youngsters played well - McDuffie, Valentine, Brooks, Slaton. The backup safeties didn't get exposed. Some think Clark is overrated, and that's their opinion. He's a bit pricey and has a lot of wear on the tires but he's still a good player. The young guys stepped up when he went out but I hope he's back soon, you know PIT will test that DL.

The rain was a struggle for both teams at times. Weather will only get worse.

bobblehead
11-06-2023, 09:57 AM
I love the optimism Tex, but the Rams are bad and they had a practice squad running back and backup QB starting. We won a game vs. a bad team. Its better than losing. This team won 8 games with a HoF QB last year and probably will win around 6 this year, just like Rodgers first year starting. We saw some positives. Still need an infusion of talent on the OL. Still need a lot of organic growth from the pass catching group as a whole.

Joemailman
11-06-2023, 11:48 AM
Not sure if Runyan is in neutral zone, but that's too close. Angle of the photo isn't ideal, but he should be lined up more like Jankins is.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F-RBX3XWYAAGlW5?format=png&name=900x900

Joemailman
11-06-2023, 12:33 PM
PFF Best/Worst Packers

Top 5 offense

1. QB Jordan Love: 83.2
2. LT Rasheed Walker: 76.9
3. WR Dontayvion Wicks: 74.9
4. LT Yosh Nijman: 74.5
5. RB A.J. Dillon: 71.5

Love was excellent from clean pockets, created two big plays against pressure, didn’t have a turnover-worthy play and finished with an adjusted (for drops, throwaways) completed percentage of 87.5, a season-high. Walker gave up just one pressure and earned his highest run-blocking grade of the season over 37 snaps after Nijman left with an injury. Wicks had the fumble but also caught all four of his targets, created three first downs and averaged a team-high 3.27 yards per route run. Nijman didn’t give up a pressure and was strong in the run game over 35 snaps before injury. Dillon created 30 of his 40 rushing yards after first contact and was excellent again as a pass-blocker.

Top 5 defense

1. CB Carrington Valentine: 84.9
2. DL Colby Wooden: 82.2
3. LB Isaiah McDuffie: 77.8
4. LB De’Vondre Campbell: 76.1
5. CB Jaire Alexander: 75.2

Valentine gave up just one catch on eight targets into his coverage, broke up two passes, nearly intercepted a pass and had a stop against the run. Wooden produced one quarterback hurry and had a fourth-down run stop. McDuffie finished with a team-high four defensive stops, made seven total tackles without a miss and wasn’t targeted in the passing game. Campbell made two stops against the run and gave up just one catch in coverage. Alexander allowed six catches but also defensed three passes, including one resulting in Anthony Johnson Jr.’s interception, and finished with three stops.

Bottom 5 offense

1. WR Malik Heath: 32.0
2. RG Jon Runyan Jr.: 42.3
3. RB Aaron Jones: 55.2
4. WR Jayden Reed: 59.7
5. WR Christian Watson: 62.7

Heath dropped a pass on his only route run and was otherwise on the field for seven run-blocking snaps. Runyan was penalized twice, gave up two pressures (including a sack) and earned below average run-blocking grades. Jones averaged under 4.0 yards per run and had the lost fumble. Reed got dinged for a crucial false start penalty. Watson made a contested catch for 37 yards and was open deep in the first half but finished with just one catch on 25 routes run.

Bottom 5 defense

1. DL Devonte Wyatt: 40.9
2. OLB Kingsley Enagbare: 49.7
3. DL Karl Brooks: 55.3
4. DL TJ Slaton : 56.3
5. DL Kenny Clark: 60.2

Wyatt finished with only one pressure over 23 pass-rushing snaps and one total tackle over 34 total snaps. He was the team’s lowest-graded pass-rusher. Enagbare had a run stop but also missed a tackle and gave up a 15-yard completion into his coverage. Brooks batted down two passes and had two hurries but got dinged for a low run-defense grade. Slaton held up fine against the run but didn’t have a pressure over 18 pass-rushing snaps. Clark had just one tackle and zero pressures over 15 snaps before exiting with an injury.

Joemailman
11-06-2023, 04:42 PM
Tom Silverstein
@TomSilverstein
The #Packers signed RB Ellis Merriweather to the practice squad and released RB James Robinson from the practice squad. Merriweather was signed by the #Saints as a UDFA in May and was released on Aug. 31.

Ellis Merriweather, RB
Strengths: Nice-sized ball carrier who was moderately productive in college. Patiently waits for blocks to develop and keeps his feet moving. Strong and picks up yardage off initial contact. Runs hard on the inside and falls forward when tackled. Displays blocking vision and stays with assignments. Sells ball fakes.

Weaknesses: Possesses a minimal burst and limited quickness. Takes his eyes off the ball as a pass catcher, which leads to drops.

Overall: Merriweather comes with solid size as well as speed and offers possibilities as a short-yardage ball carrier. However, he is a bit one-dimensional.

run pMc
11-06-2023, 05:58 PM
Weird that Dillon is ranked that much higher than Jones, but the fumble probably hurt. PFF grades are nice reference points but don't always match the eyes.

As for the PS RB signing, he's big, but that's really about it. Not surprised James Robinson was cut, that Achilles injury ruined his career. Gute will keep churning around for a RB.

Sparkey
11-06-2023, 06:30 PM
Wish Tyler Goodson was still on the Packer PS.

Upnorth
11-07-2023, 10:39 AM
Just saw a reel of Sean rhyans 7 snap. Looks solid. 2x 1 on 1 vs Donald. Held his own, probably got away with a hold, still looks like potential

Joemailman
11-07-2023, 10:49 AM
Weird that Dillon is ranked that much higher than Jones, but the fumble probably hurt. PFF grades are nice reference points but don't always match the eyes.

As for the PS RB signing, he's big, but that's really about it. Not surprised James Robinson was cut, that Achilles injury ruined his career. Gute will keep churning around for a RB.

Jones also had a run he cut to the inside when it appeared OL had created a big opening to the outside.

bobblehead
11-07-2023, 12:16 PM
I was really pleased to see BOTH LT in the top 5. Turns out competition makes guys put max effort forth. Who knew.

Now we need to start them both and put Tom at C. But our brilliant former OL coach thinks Myers is playing top notch so....

Sparkey
11-07-2023, 04:53 PM
Just saw a reel of Sean rhyans 7 snap. Looks solid. 2x 1 on 1 vs Donald. Held his own, probably got away with a hold, still looks like potential

I would expect Rhyan's snap counts to increase as I find it unlikely that JRJ is back next year.

Joemailman
11-07-2023, 06:53 PM
Luke Musgrave needs 115 receiving yards to set the record for a Packers rookie TE. https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/most-receiving-yards-tight-end-green-bay-packers-in-a-rookie-season

Bretsky
11-07-2023, 07:24 PM
I really like Musgrave, Wicks, and Reed as long term options.

Doubbs seems ok but the upside seems limited

Of course they'd all benefit from a more accurate passer....aka....E.T.T.

Joemailman
11-07-2023, 08:24 PM
I really like Musgrave, Wicks, and Reed as long term options.

Doubbs seems ok but the upside seems limited

Of course they'd all benefit from a more accurate passer....aka....E.T.T.

What's E.T.T.?

Bretsky
11-07-2023, 09:16 PM
What's E.T.T.?

Have you not been paying attention ?

Embrace
The
Tank:flag:

texaspackerbacker
11-08-2023, 01:13 AM
I hope the ETT fools Love-haters in here realize that ya'all are absolutely NOT characteristic of Packer fans in general. I've actually posted invitations on Facebook and a couple other sites for people to come to Packerrats and post their sensible views to counter the panicky negativist crap of so many in here. I also mentioned the unmentionable category of topics on the unmentionable portion of the forum hahahaha.

bobblehead
11-08-2023, 01:09 PM
Luke Musgrave needs 115 receiving yards to set the record for a Packers rookie TE. https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/most-receiving-yards-tight-end-green-bay-packers-in-a-rookie-season

Damn....thats only like 18 quick outs that MiLF likes to call so often.

Bretsky
11-08-2023, 01:37 PM
I hope the ETT fools Love-haters in here realize that ya'all are absolutely NOT characteristic of Packer fans in general. I've actually posted invitations on Facebook and a couple other sites for people to come to Packerrats and post their sensible views to counter the panicky negativist crap of so many in here. I also mentioned the unmentionable category of topics on the unmentionable portion of the forum hahahaha.

I'm glad you are recruiting !!! PLUS if they are Badger fans with more inside information

Bretsky
11-08-2023, 01:38 PM

Wait, where do you stand ?

One year ago you were in the No Way we want Love

Have you flipped to All you need is Love now ?

texaspackerbacker
11-09-2023, 12:02 AM
Yeah, that's about right. I clearly would rather have had a healthy Rodgers for 3 or 5 or more years, but that didn't happen. I don't think I ever said, though, that I wanted to get rid of Love. If I did, likely the whiny piss ant "fact checkers" in here will dig it up hahahaha.

Definitely, I'm all in for him now based on the quality of play I've seen from him. It's weird how some others see that differently in here. Elsewhere, not many do.

You're the only one in here (that I know of) that is in FB and probably those same Packer fan groups with me, so I assume you know what I say is true.

run pMc
11-09-2023, 01:10 PM
The Jets would like one year of healthy Rodgers.