PDA

View Full Version : Packers vs. Chargers Discussion Thread

Joemailman
11-15-2023, 10:07 AM
Packers lead all-time series 10-2.

Last meeting: November 3, 2019. Chargers defeated the Packers 26-11 in Carson CA. Packers had just 184 yards total offense.

Offensively, Chargers rank 7th in points scored, 11th in total yards. Justin Herbert has thrown for 2349 yards, with 17 TD's and 5 INT's. Austin Ekeler missed 3 games earlier but is back as starter now. He has 332 yards rushing with just 3.6 YPC and 4 TD's. He also has 247 receiving yards. Joshua Kelly has 339 rushing yards, averaging 4.3 YPC. WR Keenan Allen is having a great year with 895 receiving yards and 6 TD's.

Defensively, Chargers rank 24th in points allowed, and 31st in yards allowed. In 9 games opposing QB's have thrown for 2621 yards with 14 TD and 6 INT's. Opponents have run for 918 yards, averaging 4.1 YPC. Chargers have sacked opposing QB's 31 times, led by Khalil Mack with 9.0 and Joey Bosa with 6.5.

Chargers favored by 3.
Moneyline: Packers +144, Chargers -172
Over/under: 43.5

Joemailman
11-15-2023, 10:15 AM
Fox Single - All of Wisconsin, Minnesota, UP of Michigan and Alaska will get Chargers at Packers. Kevin Kugler and Mark Sanchez with the call. LP of Michigan and Illinois will get Chicago at Detroit. Adam Amin and Mark Schlereth with the call. Most of the south will get Dallas at Carolina. Kevin Burkhardt and Greg Olsen with the call.

https://506sports.com/2023/11-FOX.png

run pMc
11-15-2023, 05:19 PM
The Barry defense struggles to stop Keenan Allen and Austin Ekeler from combining for 23 catches and 280 yards, much to our frustration.

GB is obviously the underdog in this game, but I suppose they could surprise. Not counting on it. I think GB's offense will struggle to keep pace with LAC's, and that will be the difference.
Hoping we continue to see development from the young players though.

Joemailman
11-15-2023, 06:43 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F_AmuLFW4AANxiX?format=jpg&name=large

ThunderDan
11-15-2023, 09:40 PM
Can’t wait to be at the game. First time to see the Chargers at Lambeau. Can’t be worse than the Det game.

MadScientist
11-16-2023, 12:18 PM
Can’t wait to be at the game. First time to see the Chargers at Lambeau. Can’t be worse than the Det game.

It shouldn't be worse than the Detroit game, but saying it can't is just tempting fate this season.

bobblehead
11-16-2023, 02:17 PM
If you play fantasy you will see a trend. Every RB and secondary RB has season/career days against GB. So basically Josh Kelley, who is getting very limited time since Eck returned, probably will get 20 touches because you can't hand Eck the rock 45 times.

Joemailman
11-16-2023, 06:15 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F_Fy_ZmXAAArTqc?format=jpg&name=medium

Joemailman
11-17-2023, 12:43 PM
Bill Huber
@BillHuberNFL

Jaire Alexander is practicing again. Rudy Ford is not.

Fritz
11-17-2023, 01:58 PM
Bill Huber
@BillHuberNFL

Jaire Alexander is practicing again. Rudy Ford is not.

I am looking for improvement from the youngsters, and expecting the San Diego offense to have a career day against Joe's Barely Defense. I'll go out on a limb and predict, in fact, that the Packers at some point take a lead, only to have the Chargers storm back down the field and score a quick TD to put an end to any of that nonsense about a possible upset.

But if the offensive line shows some steadiness and Love continues to build on the last two weeks, then you'd have to say it's a decent day.

Joemailman
11-17-2023, 03:19 PM
Matt Schneidman
@mattschneidman

Matt LaFleur on Rashan Gary, who is being added to the injury report with a shoulder injury:

“Unfortunately there was a little mishap at practice and we’ll see where we’re at Sunday.”

Not anything long term, LaFleur says.

Anti-Polar Bear
11-17-2023, 06:11 PM
Matt Schneidman
@mattschneidman

Matt LaFleur on Rashan Gary, who is being added to the injury report with a shoulder injury:

“Unfortunately there was a little mishap at practice and we’ll see where we’re at Sunday.”

Not anything long term, LaFleur says.

The Packers are so soft, they get injured in practice. Practice! Not a game. Practice! And the CBA forbids live tackling in practice this late in the season!

The Packers are exactly what we thought they were: a dumb and soft team.

Bretsky
11-18-2023, 11:59 PM
Last week in many many key situations it appeared GB went into the Nickel defense. Jason Wilde asked Flower body about it and Flower boy was clearly irritated and noted to Wilde that was "NOT" a nickel; they were lining up their LB's wide on the line.

Regardless, they got dashed many times when Barry Ball implemented this. Wildo noted that and instead of Flower Boy addressing the quetions, he dodged them again and went on about it not being a nickel.

CLEARLY...........in Wilde's and everybody's view, FLOWER is defending his buddy and BARRYBALL

MAN I would have thought GB would sell out to stop the run and see if the Pickett can win a game. But we appeared to often do the opposite.

I wonder what the game plan is this week.

With all that being said, this seems like a game we could win. One of the worst coached in the NFL is in San Diego. They always seem to underperform in compared to their talent.

King Friday
11-19-2023, 09:24 AM
I don’t think this game will be all that close. I expect the Packers to continue to struggle on offense, while the Chargers will not.

texaspackerbacker
11-19-2023, 10:42 AM
I'm not gonna make a score prediction, but I expect the Packers to win and Love to have a good enough game to overcome the negative of Joe Barry's D scheme.

Bretsky
11-19-2023, 10:58 AM
I'm not gonna make a score prediction, but I expect the Packers to win and Love to have a good enough game to overcome the negative of Joe Barry's D scheme.

Jordan Love…trying to show he can be a top 10 qb AND overcome the complete incompetence of Joe Barryball. It doesn’t seem fair