PDA

View Full Version : Whis Draft Class of GB Packers WR's do you have the most long term faith in ?

Bretsky
11-19-2023, 01:24 AM
Thoughts ?

Anti-Polar Bear
11-19-2023, 04:56 AM
2nd year Doubs would be putting up pretty numbers with Butte throwing him the rock. Watch the all-22’s. Doubs knows how to get open. He’s catching every fucking thing that hits him.

Watson needs to lose the vag and grow a pair.

Lots of hard ons for Reeds and Wicks, so it’s easy to forget that they’re being covered by 3rd/4th corners. One guy is a slot machine and the other’s a sloth.

King Friday
11-19-2023, 09:12 AM
Reed to me has the highest ceiling of all of them right now. Wicks and Doubs are roughly equal. Watson has all the talent in the world, but doesn’t have the drive or the guts to maximize it.

Bretsky
11-19-2023, 09:46 AM
Reed to me has the highest ceiling of all of them right now. Wicks and Doubs are roughly equal. Watson has all the talent in the world, but doesn’t have the drive or the guts to maximize it.

This is where I'm at too.

RIght now I expect Reed to be the best

And I think Wicks shows more explosive abilities over Doubbs. I know I'm in the minority in PR there.

I have a terrible time finding a comp for Doubbs outside of a Ruvell Martin with more talent

texaspackerbacker
11-19-2023, 10:59 AM
How about all of the above?

Watson was drafted to be a superstar. He hasn't been that so far, but the potential is there. Doubs, Reed, and Wicks along with Toure were basically afterthoughts - supporting players who in 3 of the 4 cases have turned out pretty well.

If the Packers had played defense to the level they should based on where the personnel was drafted, then the progress of the offense and in particular the passing game would be plenty good enough to win a lot of games. In other words, the blame virtually ALL falls on damn Joe Barry.

Anti-Polar Bear
11-19-2023, 11:07 AM

Watson was drafted to be a superstar. He hasn't been that so far, but the potential is there. Doubs, Reed, and Wicks along with Toure were basically afterthoughts - supporting players who in 3 of the 4 cases have turned out pretty well.

If the Packers had played defense to the level they should based on where the personnel was drafted, then the progress of the offense and in particular the passing game would be plenty good enough to win a lot of games. In other words, the blame virtually ALL falls on damn Joe Barry.

Last time the Love-led offense scored 21 points in a game, I was shutting down Darren Charles. Barry-led defense, meanwhile, has been allowing a mean of 20 ppg.

I am all for getting rid of Barry and his vanilla D, but the O has costed Pack 3-4 games thus far.

bobblehead
11-19-2023, 11:54 AM
This is where I'm at too.

RIght now I expect Reed to be the best

And I think Wicks shows more explosive abilities over Doubbs. I know I'm in the minority in PR there.

I have a terrible time finding a comp for Doubbs outside of a Ruvell Martin with more talent

Its not uncommon for a good slot to show more early. I don't think Reed is the best of the bunch, in fact I think in 10 years he may end up the worst. I still have high hopes for Watson and Wicks. Doubs will be a poor mans Michael Thomas. Think Donald Driver type career. Although driver excelled way into his 30s

Bretsky
11-19-2023, 12:18 PM

All of the above is for P'ssies Tex :)

My polls are mean to stir shit up and debate and disagree.

But reality is, all 4 will not be extended to long terms deals.

So part of the exercise, is to see where everybody is at on the packages :)

MadtownPacker
11-19-2023, 03:20 PM
After today the choice was more difficult but going with the new guys. Wicks run beastly like no one is stopping him.

bobblehead
11-19-2023, 03:45 PM
We have 4 legit WR on the roster. Probably 2 #2s and 2 #3s at this point. Or is it 4 #2.5s? We don't have a true alpha, but man I like the way wicks and Reed play. Watson and Doubs should be ahead of them, but all 4 seem similar. Maybe I'm wrong and Reed will become the class of the group. But if the OL can hold up and the running game can give advantageous situations we have enough talent at the pass catching positions to win a lot of games.

Fritz
11-19-2023, 06:09 PM
This year's class looks better.

Bretsky
11-19-2023, 06:36 PM
After today the choice was more difficult but going with the new guys. Wicks run beastly like no one is stopping him.

Does Wicks kinda look like Javon Walker out there ?

Fritz
11-19-2023, 07:04 PM
He does have that "man among boys" look to his game.

Bretsky
11-19-2023, 07:16 PM
He does have that "man among boys" look to his game.

He really is a beast out there. But Bobble is right; we might have 4 2.5's right know.

Add a #1 and we are set !

texaspackerbacker
11-19-2023, 08:23 PM
Last time the Love-led offense scored 21 points in a game, I was shutting down Darren Charles. Barry-led defense, meanwhile, has been allowing a mean of 20 ppg.

I am all for getting rid of Barry and his vanilla D, but the O has costed Pack 3-4 games thus far.

When you shut down Darren Charles, Love was probably still in diapers hahahaha.

It really looked like they might blow the lead - the third lead of the game - even today. The field itself and maybe sun in the eyes did more for the D than Barry's scheme.

Bretsky, I'll double down on that "all of the above" after day. And supposedly Dubose is pretty good if he gets healthy too. WR is another position we don't need to draft.

Bretsky
11-19-2023, 08:26 PM
When you shut down Darren Charles, Love was probably still in diapers hahahaha.

It really looked like they might blow the lead - the third lead of the game - even today. The field itself and maybe sun in the eyes did more for the D than Barry's scheme.

Bretsky, I'll double down on that "all of the above" after day. And supposedly Dubose is pretty good if he gets healthy too. WR is another position we don't need to draft.

Stop being a SALLY and Make a decision :)

MadtownPacker
11-19-2023, 08:52 PM
I was leaning towards JJ with the toughness but I could see the Javon comparison from when he is moving with the ball. He just might be great enough to hold out for a contract someday. :lol:

texaspackerbacker
11-19-2023, 09:16 PM
I STILL say all of them are gonna be solid excellent players, but if you're gonna pin me down, I'll go with the highest ceiling - Christian Watson or if you're looking for the pair, him and Doubs.

RashanGary
11-21-2023, 06:54 AM
I was leaning towards JJ with the toughness but I could see the Javon comparison from when he is moving with the ball. He just might be great enough to hold out for a contract someday. :lol:

Yeah. I see James Jones too.

Doubs is like Lazard in that he doesn’t threaten with speed at all, but Jordy in that he hauls in contested catches.

bobblehead
11-21-2023, 11:39 AM

I don't have a Wicks comp yet. Need some more time. I'm not leaning towards walker just yet though.

Bretsky
11-21-2023, 04:11 PM
I don't have a Wicks comp yet. Need some more time. I'm not leaning towards walker just yet though.

WICKS....I am not sure who either; but rewatch the game. He's often, getting open by a lot.

REED.....I don't like the Cobb comp; I think he's much better than Cobb. Don't know who a good comparison is though

DOUBBS...I might give him James Jones. Not exposive, and ok route runner...probably going to have a good NFL career as the decent guy

WATSON......I have no idea yet

Bretsky
11-21-2023, 04:13 PM
Yeah. I see James Jones too.

Doubs is like Lazard in that he doesn’t threaten with speed at all, but Jordy in that he hauls in contested catches.

The Lazard comp is not nice; he's terrible for the Jets. It looks like AARON might have made him way better than he is. Maybe a combo of Jones and Lazard ?

texaspackerbacker
11-22-2023, 02:13 PM
Reed reminds me a little of C.D. Lamb.

RashanGary
11-25-2023, 07:19 PM
I agree on Reed, Bretsky, I think he’s better than Cobb. He can be a make shift running back like Cobb. He’s smart like Cobb. He’s similar size to Cobb.

But he’s better down the field than Cobb. Maybe a cross between Cobb and Jennings.

call_me_ishmael
11-25-2023, 10:34 PM
REED.....I don't like the Cobb comp; I think he's much better than Cobb. Don't know who a good comparison is though

Kind of reminds me of Stefan Diggs with how smooth he is. Greg Jennings is the lazy Packer comparison. Antonio Brown without the crazy maybe? IDK, it's hard to think of short ass receivers that play bigger than their size.

RashanGary
11-26-2023, 06:33 AM
Kind of reminds me of Stefan Diggs with how smooth he is. Greg Jennings is the lazy Packer comparison. Antonio Brown without the crazy maybe? IDK, it's hard to think of short ass receivers that play bigger than their size.

Antonio Brown and Steve Smith JR are good comps.