12 Sun 2023-11-26 3:05PM Los Angeles Rams @ Arizona Cardinals

12 Sun 2023-11-26 3:25PM Buffalo Bills @ Philadelphia Eagles

12 Sun 2023-11-26 3:25PM Kansas City Chiefs @ Las Vegas Raiders

12 Sun 2023-11-26 7:20PM Baltimore Ravens @ Los Angeles Chargers

12 Mon 2023-11-27 7:15PM Chicago Bears @ Minnesota Vikings

Joemailman
11-22-2023, 10:14 AM
NATIONAL BROADCASTS
Thanksgiving 12:30 PM ET: Green Bay @ Detroit (FOX; Kevin Burkhardt, Greg Olsen)
Thanksgiving 4:30 PM ET: Washington @ Dallas (CBS; Jim Nantz, Tony Romo)
Thanksgiving 8 PM ET: San Francisco @ Seattle (NBC; Mike Tirico, Cris Collinsworth)
Friday 3 PM ET: Miami @ NY Jets (Amazon)
Sunday Night: Baltimore @ LA Chargers (NBC; Mike Tirico, Jason Garrett)
Monday Night: Chicago @ Minnesota (ESPN/ABC)

CBS Early - Most of the country, including Alaska, will get Pittsburgh at Cincinnati. Ian Eagle and Charles Davis with the call. Much of the south will get Jacksonville at Houston. Andrew Catalon, Tiki Barber and Matt Ryan with the call.

https://506sports.com/2023/12-CBS-E.png

CBS Late - Upper midwest and east will get Buffalo at Philadelphia. Jim Nantz and Tony Romo with the call. Most of west will get Kansas City at Las Vegas. Kevin Harlan and Trent Green with the call. Most of Arizona will not have a game. Cardinals enforcing blackout.

https://506sports.com/2023/12-CBS-L.png

Fox Single - Most of eastern Wisconsin, but not Milwaukee area, Michigan and most of west including Alaska will get Cleveland at Denver (Late). Kevin Kugler and Mark Sanchez with the call. Milwaukee area, western Wisconsin and Minnesota will get New Orleans at Atlanta. Joe Davis and Daryl Johnston with the call.

https://506sports.com/2023/12-FOX.png

Teamcheez1
11-23-2023, 04:09 PM
Tony Romo announcing the Cowboys game. Quite the homer.

texaspackerbacker
11-23-2023, 08:37 PM
How 'bout those Cowboys! Probably the best team in the NFL.

A team with no GM, just the owner and his son, and they do a better job of finding players than any other team in the league.

Fritz
11-23-2023, 09:25 PM
Tony Romo announcing the Cowboys game. Quite the homer.

When Tony Romo first began color commentary, he was quite insightful and interesting, but now he spouts the obvious and superficial. Bummer.

Sparkey
11-24-2023, 09:59 AM
Del Rio is out as the Commanders DC after losing to the CowPokes.

bobblehead
11-26-2023, 12:28 PM
If anyone is watching RedZone or Steeler game, man the NFL has to decide what is a catch in the endzone and what isn't. Dionte Johnson catches the ball, turns and is stepping out the back of the endzone. 2 feet down, football move, but as he is stepping out the back the Bengal defender tackles him and rakes the ball out. If its a sideline play, its a catch all day, but in the endzone the refs rule he didn't "complete the catch".

One game this is a TD, next game it isn't. Come on NFL, clarify the fucking rule you botched about 15 years ago. They tried to clarify it once, and the result is it gets called both ways now depending on crew and mood I guess.

Joemailman
11-26-2023, 01:14 PM
That Giants/Patriots game must be something to watch. Scoreless with 2 minutes left in the half. An epic battle for the 3rd pick in the draft.

Bretsky
11-26-2023, 02:27 PM
Atlanta vs the Saints or Steelers vs the Bengals

What a terrible week to have to watch the NFL after GB has already played.

At least the late game is Buffalo vs Phily....if that's the game they let me see

RashanGary
11-26-2023, 02:30 PM
Atlanta vs the Saints or Steelers vs the Bengals

What a terrible week to have to watch the NFL after GB has already played.

At least the late game is Buffalo vs Phily....if that's the game they let me see

Joe reliably gives us the coverage maps for who gets what games every week. Yes, you get Buffalo, Philly. I don’t even know where to check what games are where. I just check packerrats.

Anti-Polar Bear
11-26-2023, 03:06 PM
4th and 6 with the game on the line, Pussies of Charlotte calls a WR screen. Tackle for no gain.

Is the NFL getting dumber or what?

Anti-Polar Bear
11-26-2023, 04:12 PM
Fucking Gee Men of New York won. Odds are good the NFL won’t flex the Packers-Gee Men game out of the Monday Night slot. Jesters and Gee Men both play at home in week 14.

My PTO request wasn’t approved for that Monday night.

Fritz
11-26-2023, 05:12 PM
That Giants/Patriots game must be something to watch. Scoreless with 2 minutes left in the half. An epic battle for the 3rd pick in the draft.

I would like to request that Bretsky stop calling Bill Belichek “Hoody Genius.” His Mensa membership was revoked after Tom Brady left.

Bretsky
11-26-2023, 05:40 PM
I would like to request that Bretsky stop calling Bill Belichek “Hoody Genius.” His Mensa membership was revoked after Tom Brady left.

He still embodies greatness. I don't care who his QB was; anybody that wins that many Super Bowls is a genius imo.

He's a terrible GM though; he's such a bad GM he stands minimal chance of success at this point

RashanGary
11-26-2023, 06:32 PM
I
Well, Bellichick has been on the cutting edge of being open minded with what is and isn’t morally acceptable. There’s no saying he’s not completely tanking right now for one of those passers.

texaspackerbacker
11-26-2023, 11:12 PM
Seems like the air got let out of his greatness when Brady left.

bobblehead
11-27-2023, 01:00 PM
4th and 6 with the game on the line, Pussies of Charlotte calls a WR screen. Tackle for no gain.

Is the NFL getting dumber or what?

That was a hot read. They brought the house and the kid had to unload. It was the right decision on his part or he was sacked. The D made a great play to not get blocked and make the tackle.

bobblehead
11-27-2023, 01:00 PM

Can we bump the threads where I said he was over rated and Parcells was the true GOAT?

Joemailman
11-27-2023, 01:08 PM
Can we bump the threads where I said he was over rated and Parcells was the true GOAT?

Parcells won no titles without Belichick as DC and Belichick won no titles without Brady at QB. Neither was the GOAT.

bobblehead
11-27-2023, 01:11 PM
Parcells won no titles without Belichick as DC and Belichick won no titles without Brady at QB. Neither was the GOAT.

Parcells took 2 franchises to the superbowl, another to a championship game and a 4th returned to the playoffs after like a decade off. If he ain't the goat who can match that success across multiple organizations?

Joemailman
11-27-2023, 01:15 PM
Parcells took 2 franchises to the superbowl, another to a championship game and a 4th returned to the playoffs after like a decade off. If he ain't the goat who can match that success across multiple organizations?

Who says you have to do it across multiple organizations? Are Lombardi and Walsh diminished because they did it with one team?

bobblehead
11-27-2023, 01:18 PM
Who says you have to do it across multiple organizations? Are Lombardi and Walsh diminished because they did it with one team?

Yes

edit: especially since they DIDN'T do it with other organizations when given the opportunity.

Joemailman
11-27-2023, 01:43 PM
Yes

edit: especially since they DIDN'T do it with other organizations when given the opportunity.

Lombardi coached Washington for 1 year before he died. It was their 1st winning season in 15 years. Walsh only coached the 49ers.

Fritz
11-27-2023, 03:53 PM
Man, I can't figure out Josh Allen. Saw him in two games this year. First game against the Jets, he singlehandedly kept the Jest in the game with interceptions and dumb throws of other kinds. Saw him last night against Philly, and up until the very end he was phenomenal. Incredible throws. And they couldn't tackle him, either.

So which guy is he?

Joemailman
11-27-2023, 06:29 PM
Everybody ready to cheer on the Bears tonight? A Bears win moves the Packers closer to the Vikings in the playoff race, and moves the Bears down in the NFL draft selection order.

MadScientist
11-27-2023, 07:16 PM
Everybody ready to cheer on the Bears tonight? A Bears win moves the Packers closer to the Vikings in the playoff race, and moves the Bears down in the NFL draft selection order.

It feels so unnatural, but we do what we must.

Joemailman
11-27-2023, 07:28 PM
It feels so unnatural, but we do what we must.

I promise I will still respect you.

MadScientist
11-27-2023, 08:15 PM
Bears have 2 picks and 3 points. Two teams without a qb.

RashanGary
11-27-2023, 08:20 PM
DJ Moore gives me Sterling Sharpe vibes

RashanGary
11-27-2023, 08:22 PM
I’ll give the Bears credit on Montez Sweat. He looks pretty good. Young Preston, maybe a little stronger, probably less effective in coverage. But he’s a Preston level starter.

Joemailman
11-27-2023, 09:00 PM
I'm becoming more convinced Bears will draft a QB.

bobblehead
11-27-2023, 09:04 PM
Lombardi coached Washington for 1 year before he died. It was their 1st winning season in 15 years. Walsh only coached the 49ers.

I should have been more clear. I meant coaches in general don't do it when given the opportunity. I also admit I though St. Vince had like 3 years with Washington, thats my bad. I put Reid, Holmgren, Parcells all ahead of Walsh for the simple fact they did it with multiple organizations. A couple more, like Shula and 1 or 2 I am not thinking of. However, most coaches (Including hoody in Cleveland) fail other than that one time when things come together. Siefert, Robinson, Cowher, I could go on all day. I'm not saying they aren't great coaches, just not the GOAT.

RashanGary
11-27-2023, 10:06 PM
I'm becoming more convinced Bears will draft a QB.

I hope they don’t. But I don’t know how they could possibly stick with the guy they have.

Joemailman
11-27-2023, 10:11 PM
I hope they don’t. But I don’t know how they could possibly stick with the guy they have.

Until tonight, I thought it could go either way. Not any more. The need to draft a QB will probably cost them Harrison.

RashanGary
11-27-2023, 10:18 PM
Until tonight, I thought it could go either way. Not any more. The need to draft a QB will probably cost them Harrison.

Fields can run. And he can spin the ball. Physically he’s everything you want. Prototype.

But the offense is so dumbed down. They’re operating with 1/3 of an NFL playbook. And when he has to drop back and execute a traditional passing game he looks so damn confused, just standing there patting the ball like he had no clue how the play would unfold. He just can’t process the game. He can’t play.

texaspackerbacker
11-27-2023, 10:21 PM
Hallelujah, the Bears knocked off the Vikings. I didn't watch the game. Did anything significant happen?

RashanGary
11-27-2023, 10:23 PM
Hallelujah, the Bears knocked off the Vikings. I didn't watch the game. Did anything significant happen?

Fields looked really confused. The Bears are probably drafting a QB with the 1st pick if they get it.

MadScientist
11-27-2023, 10:30 PM
After further review, the Bears still suck. But at least they beat the Vikings anyway.

Joemailman
11-27-2023, 10:33 PM
Justin Fields pass chart.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F__l_HhagAA8Vtv?format=png&name=900x900

texaspackerbacker
11-27-2023, 10:37 PM
As I said, I didn't bother to watch the game, but based on these stats, it doesn't seem like Fields was all that bad.. Sometimes, nobody is open deep. You do what you have to do.

Joemailman
11-27-2023, 10:44 PM
As I said, I didn't bother to watch the game, but based on these stats, it doesn't seem like Fields was all that bad.. Sometimes, nobody is open deep. You do what you have to do.

It's obvious he can't read defenses. So Bears have turned him into Captain Checkdown. There was a Stat at one point in the game where Fields had completed 8 passes on 3rd down. Only 4 resulted in 1st downs.

Anti-Polar Bear
11-28-2023, 12:13 AM
That was a hot read. They brought the house and the kid had to unload. It was the right decision on his part or he was sacked. The D made a great play to not get blocked and make the tackle.

Looks like an audible, not a hot read, to me. Hot is when you throw to the open guy after said guy’s defender has blitzed. Audible is a change in play at the LOS.

Looks like Young changed the play, which probably got Reich canned.

RashanGary
11-28-2023, 07:44 AM
It's obvious he can't read defenses. So Bears have turned him into Captain Checkdown. There was a Stat at one point in the game where Fields had completed 8 passes on 3rd down. Only 4 resulted in 1st downs.

This is exactly it. There was a point at the end of the game where they had to complete legitimate passes and he stood there patting the ball completely confused. He eventually completed one easy pass for 20 yards. I think it was the one on his passing chart that was down the field. He is just completely baffled by NFL defense.

ThunderDan
11-28-2023, 08:28 AM
Wow, last night's game was a shit show. We shouldn't have a problem beating either of those teams if they continue to play like last night.

ThunderDan
11-28-2023, 08:30 AM

Also, 15 of his 27 his completions were at or behind the line of scrimmage. Over half of his completions didn't get past his center.

Sparkey
11-28-2023, 08:55 AM
Is it that Fields is slow reading the field or that the coaches are so afraid of him making a mistake that they have turned him into a scared kid behind the line ?

To many coaches telling you to NOT MAKE A MISTAKE will kill your confidence and make you look lost. Fields threw down field a lot a OSU. Now he looks nothing like that qb. Paralysis by analysis.

bobblehead
11-28-2023, 02:44 PM
Man, I can't figure out Josh Allen. Saw him in two games this year. First game against the Jets, he singlehandedly kept the Jest in the game with interceptions and dumb throws of other kinds. Saw him last night against Philly, and up until the very end he was phenomenal. Incredible throws. And they couldn't tackle him, either.

So which guy is he?

Brett Favre's bastard son?

bobblehead
11-28-2023, 02:48 PM
Fields can run. And he can spin the ball. Physically he’s everything you want. Prototype.

But the offense is so dumbed down. They’re operating with 1/3 of an NFL playbook. And when he has to drop back and execute a traditional passing game he looks so damn confused, just standing there patting the ball like he had no clue how the play would unfold. He just can’t process the game. He can’t play.

It took Lamaar Jackson a little longer than others. He has improved a TON as a passer. Fields does look bad, and I have no idea of his work ethic or really the coaching staff in Chicago. But like you said, the physical tools are all there. Its a shame he can't put it together enough to even look semi competent.

bobblehead
11-28-2023, 02:52 PM
Is it that Fields is slow reading the field or that the coaches are so afraid of him making a mistake that they have turned him into a scared kid behind the line ?

To many coaches telling you to NOT MAKE A MISTAKE will kill your confidence and make you look lost. Fields threw down field a lot a OSU. Now he looks nothing like that qb. Paralysis by analysis.

He had elite talent around him running wide open. The game is much easier that way. One of the "plus" factors I read on Love. "His senior year WR were so bad he will be the only QB to enter the NFL throwing to WR who are more open than he had in college"

run pMc
11-28-2023, 03:40 PM
Fields is a slow processer and a big game hunter. It's why he gets sacked a lot. He had a very good OL and receivers around him at OSU, and I suspect the offense was not nearly as complicated as anything on the pro level.
I think those factors helped mask deficiencies in his game, and those will get exposed in the NFL. Disguised coverage confuses him and the pass rush makes him nervous.

To be clear, I'm not saying he's dumb, being a pro QB relies upon very fast mental processing and few can do it.

The question is whether he can be coached into reading a defense faster or not, I suspect experience will help but ultimately he probably needs a scheme that will meet him halfway... hence the short throws.
Being Checkdown Charlie can move the chains and win a few games -- until teams figure you out on film and squat on the routes.

I think Dobbs just had some bad luck with tipped balls, but he also had some poor throws and terrible decisions where he just didn't see the defender. They've done better with him that I thought they would, they're 6-6 and have a bye to figure things out and get Jefferson back.

That was a pretty terrible game though. Neither one seemed capable of winning.

Fritz
11-28-2023, 06:22 PM
It took Lamaar Jackson a little longer than others. He has improved a TON as a passer. Fields does look bad, and I have no idea of his work ethic or really the coaching staff in Chicago. But like you said, the physical tools are all there. Its a shame he can't put it together enough to even look semi competent.

It’s a shame he can’t put it together? If you’re a Packer fan, it’s G-R-R-R-E-A-T!!!

Joemailman
11-28-2023, 06:41 PM
I get the sense that Fields isn't able to read a defense and know who will be open against the defense before they're open. He needs to spot an open guy and then fire it. He has all the physical tools. So did Trubisky. He just can't break down a defense with his mind, and doesn't look like he can move a safety with his eyes.