PDA

View Full Version : Rogers '08 vs Love '23 eerily similar through 11 games

Patler
11-24-2023, 10:10 PM
Through their first 11 games as the Packers #1 QB:

Rodgers '08/Love '23

Passing yards: 2559/2559 (Exactly the same, weird.)
Passing TDs. : 17/19 (Love has more??!)
Running TDs : 4/2
Total TDs. : 21/21 (Again, the same)
Interceptions : 9/10
Records are identical at 5 wins, 6 losses.

Joemailman
11-24-2023, 10:38 PM
Rodgers had the advantage of a more experienced receiver group, and a slightly better running game. I think Rodgers was more consistent, but Love's highs have been higher. Rodgers had higher passer rating and QBR overall, but Love's performance vs Detroit was better than any single game by Rodgers.

Vincenzo
11-24-2023, 11:13 PM
We need a hero
We’re holding out for a hero 'til the end of the night
He's gotta be strong, and he's gotta be fast
And he's gotta be fresh from the fight
We need a hero

KYPack
11-25-2023, 08:03 AM
Great seeing you post, Mr P.

That is one king hell comparison.

Very interesting and a little creepy.

Hope you and yours had a great Thanksgiving.

For any new people, what this great poster did is called being "Patlerized".

This time he did it for the whole forum!

beveaux1
11-25-2023, 09:25 PM
That’s almost uncanny. I hope the rest of Love’s career can match Rodger’s career. No one here would be unhappy with that.

call_me_ishmael
11-25-2023, 10:28 PM
It's weird because I recall thinking dude was going to be very good by this point but I don't feel the same at all about Love (although the last two weeks have been quite encouraging).

RashanGary
11-26-2023, 06:31 AM
Love is 10th in yards and 5th in tuds. And he doesn’t have a stellar offensive unit along side him. He’s getting 4 years, 200M. Soon.

Joemailman
11-26-2023, 07:03 AM
Love is 10th in yards and 5th in tuds. And he doesn’t have a stellar offensive unit along side him. He’s getting 4 years, 200M. Soon.

Rodgers got his extension in 2008 after outplaying Peyton Manning in a Packer win. Love goes up against Mahomes next. Opportunity knocks.

Fritz
11-26-2023, 08:15 AM
It's weird because I recall thinking dude was going to be very good by this point but I don't feel the same at all about Love (although the last two weeks have been quite encouraging).

I was actually around on the old JSO discussion board in 2008, and while you may have thought that, I think in general lots of Packer fans are suffering from hindsight fog - at the time that season was playing out, there was a LOT of teeth-gnashing and worrying and questioning if this Rodgers kid. Lots of people brought up that he was a - what was that QB guru's name? - Telford QB, and that guy's QB's did not translate to the NFL, and every time Rodgers would make a crummy throw, some one would bring that up.

It's hard to remember that at that time we didn't know Rodgers any more than we know Love. Lots of that "I knew it all along" stuff is just pasting your post-2008 knowledge onto your memories of 2008. I'm not saying that about you - I didn't know you in 2008, I don't think, and if I did I don't recall your opinions. I'm just making a more general point in hopes people will not be too too harsh on Love as he tries to make his case.

texaspackerbacker
11-26-2023, 11:38 AM
Tedford, not Telford. I think if you dig deep enough, you'd find that I was in on the ground floor of praising Rodgers. I was also at Woodstock hahahaha.

call_me_ishmael
11-26-2023, 10:42 PM
I think by halfway through his first season he showed that he was gonna be a hoss though.