PDA

View Full Version : Poll: What level of starter is Jordan Love?

RashanGary
11-26-2023, 03:06 PM
Since we already know he’s going to be a top 20 or better quarterback, just how high does he rise? He has some accuracy issues that may have been exaggerated by young guys running unreliable or completely wrong routes. So it’s hard to say that is even a full on weak spot.

He hasn’t been reliable completing deep balls, but the reality is that nobody is consistent 50+ yards down the field so it’s hard to say it’s definitely a weak spot or something he can’t improve.

All that said, he’s in the ballpark of idea size. He’s in the ballpark of solid mobility. He’s in the ball park of upper level arm talent. He’s well above average throwing with unusual arm angles and throwing on the move. He’s steady, under control, competitive, mentally tough. He’s well liked and a solid person.

So how good is he??

RashanGary
11-26-2023, 03:09 PM
I’m riding the wave. I’m calling him a top 3 guy. Hes it. He’s him.

ThunderDan
11-26-2023, 03:33 PM
At least APB gave us 5 choices in his poll about Love.

RashanGary
11-26-2023, 03:47 PM
At least APB gave us 5 choices in his poll about Love.

Yeah, I purposely left out an anything other than decent because he’s not anything less than that and no one can have that opinion.

Bretsky
11-26-2023, 04:58 PM
So he's had 2-3 good games in a row and now we're smoking the weed roses :) ? Carson Wentz ?

I'm not saying he'll be a bust but marginal starter might still be an option.

Bretsky
11-26-2023, 04:59 PM
Yeah, I purposely left out an anything other than decent because he’s not anything less than that and no one can have that opinion.

Is top 10 defined as being an "ALL PRO" several times, or just Pro Bowl's ? None of the top QB's ever want to go to these anymore. He could go to a few of these w/o being top 10 in the NFL

RashanGary
11-26-2023, 05:20 PM
Is top 10 defined as being an "ALL PRO" several times, or just Pro Bowl's ? None of the top QB's ever want to go to these anymore. He could go to a few of these w/o being top 10 in the NFL

All pro at qb is usually mvp. If he gets several of those, he’s HOF.

Joemailman
11-26-2023, 05:25 PM
For now I said Top 10. If he becomes more consistent with his mechanics, he could become elite. because he has the arm talent for that. But you can't be top 3 when you're bottom 5 in completion percentage. He still has some work to do.

Bretsky
11-26-2023, 05:36 PM
For now I said Top 10. If he becomes more consistent with his mechanics, he could become elite. because he has the arm talent for that. But you can't be top 3 when you're bottom 5 in completion percentage. He still has some work to do.

Not that I'm completely on the LOVETRAIN yet, but in the past three games his completion percentage is just over 65 Percent

King Friday
11-26-2023, 06:10 PM
He’s not a HOF caliber guy to me. He has some issues with mechanics that need to be addressed. His pocket awareness also is mediocre, but there is hope that will improve over time.

For someone with limited experience, he does fairly well reading defenses. He’s already bordering on being in the top half of the QBs in the league, and with health and continued growth should easily be a second tier QB that gets to a Pro Bowl on occasion.

texaspackerbacker
11-26-2023, 11:05 PM
You sure turned it around, RG - from Love hater to Love lover.

I wish you had worded it "will be", as I'm also thinking now there's a good chance he rises to that level. But "is", even I can't quite justify saying top 3 in the league - maybe after we beat K.C. and he shows up Mahomes hahahaha.

SkinBasket
11-27-2023, 09:42 PM
Visiting fans of other teams love threads like this.

bobblehead
11-28-2023, 03:00 PM
Well, over the last 4 games he has been top 8 in every category that some author at lombardiave.com could think of. That probably means he has been top 5 overall last 4 games. He also played some epically soft defenses. My verdict is that by end of the year he will be middle of the pack. 15ish. You can win with that. If he ends up even better all the more fun for us. If he ends up worse, than we still have to be asking if he is the future.

RashanGary
11-28-2023, 04:42 PM
Well, over the last 4 games he has been top 8 in every category that some author at lombardiave.com could think of. That probably means he has been top 5 overall last 4 games. He also played some epically soft defenses. My verdict is that by end of the year he will be middle of the pack. 15ish. You can win with that. If he ends up even better all the more fun for us. If he ends up worse, than we still have to be asking if he is the future.

If he finishes top 15 with the poor play of the young team around him for half the season, you’d be crazy to not expect him to be better next year with a much more polished surrounding cast, more experience himself, and yet another important offseason to hone his fundamentals.

Fritz
11-28-2023, 05:16 PM
Visiting fans of other teams love threads like this.

Not Bears fans. . . .

MadtownPacker
11-29-2023, 09:15 AM
You sure turned it around, RG - from Love hater to Love lover.

I wish you had worded it "will be", as I'm also thinking now there's a good chance he rises to that level. But "is", even I can't quite justify saying top 3 in the league - maybe after we beat K.C. and he shows up Mahomes hahahaha.
Yeah that mofo finally took his meds. Just suffered a little mania is all. :lol:

bobblehead
11-29-2023, 10:34 AM
If he finishes top 15 with the poor play of the young team around him for half the season, you’d be crazy to not expect him to be better next year with a much more polished surrounding cast, more experience himself, and yet another important offseason to hone his fundamentals.

I would expect him to be better next year. Was only talking the near future, since its the only thing I can reliably guess at.

RashanGary
11-29-2023, 11:12 AM
Yeah that mofo finally took his meds. Just suffered a little mania is all. :lol:

:grin:

RashanGary
11-29-2023, 11:15 AM
I expect love to finish with 4,300 and 33 tuds. That’s a good first year.

Sparkey
11-29-2023, 04:19 PM
At this moment in time, he is playing like an average starter. The upside is there and we are seeing it more and more.

What will he be in 5 years ? No one really knows yet.

Upnorth
11-30-2023, 08:31 AM
I'm confident he is at least a perennial replacement probowl and will get at least 1 actual probowl

RashanGary
11-30-2023, 09:05 AM
I'm confident he is at least a perennial replacement probowl and will get at least 1 actual probowl

Realistic. I’m kinda riding the roller coaster of getting my hopes up for more.

sharpe1027
11-30-2023, 03:16 PM
On the whole of the year, there are easily 10 QBs with better stats. If the question is potential, the answer is obviously different.

MadtownPacker
12-03-2023, 10:57 AM
Have to say watching Love has been entertaining. Homeboy has a rocket arm so when he pulls off the ridiculous throws it looks easy. All the comparisons from 2008 are lame because it’s the opposite. New QB surrounded by all new guys. Not new QB surrounded by NFCC squad. Something has clicked for him like he got a good talking to about taking the reins.

MadtownPacker
12-03-2023, 11:15 AM
If you haven’t read about Love’s history, this touches on something very personal, his father. I can see how this would power him forward. Very sad and maybe it explains why he doesn’t appear to get emotional during games.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/jordan-love-dad-orbin-mom-anna-mother-father/7004270cfeb4064c1f38e1fb

bobblehead
12-03-2023, 12:43 PM
If you haven’t read about Love’s history, this touches on something very personal, his father. I can see how this would power him forward. Very sad and maybe it explains why he doesn’t appear to get emotional during games.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/jordan-love-dad-orbin-mom-anna-mother-father/7004270cfeb4064c1f38e1fb

Way to make me tear up on gameday Mad...what next, you got some lemon juice to poor in a papercut?

Seriously though, thats a shit hand to be dealt. Glad the mom didn't go into a shell, but stepped up and kept parenting by the sounds of it. For my money I have been Jordan Love's moms biggest fan all along. She looks like a middle aged wisconsin woman. (Ok, I'll be honest. I said she looks like wisconsin white trash). She simply looks like a Packer fan, and thats good enough for me. Damn you for humanizing people I never met!