PDA

View Full Version : Official 2023 Fuckdoggle Award

Joemailman
11-28-2023, 08:23 PM
SudsMcBucky noted lack of Fuckdoggle discussion. Perhaps I'll do a poll after the season. In the meantime use this thread to discuss either weekly or season Fuckdoggles.

For the season, Rasheed Walker, Carrington Valentine and Anthony Johnson Jr. are all 7th round picks who have made big contributions. Karl Brooks is a 6th round pick who has played well.

For last week, I'll go with Malik Heath, who only had 11 offensive snaps, ran just 5 routes, but caught 4 passes.

sharpe1027
11-28-2023, 10:01 PM
Jonathon Owens?

RashanGary
11-28-2023, 10:11 PM
Valentine is the seasons fuckdoggle so far. But there are various from each game. Valentine has been a consistent starting level corner every time he’s played. He is the first 7th round steal we’ve had in a really long time…. Who’s the last one, Scott Wells?

RashanGary
11-28-2023, 10:21 PM
2004 Scott Wells
2008 Flynn
2009 Brad Jones
2010 CJ Wilson
2011 Lawrence Guy

RashanGary
11-28-2023, 10:23 PM
Rasheed Walker and Carrington Valentine look like they might be the best two 7th round picks we’ve had since 2004.

The last two drafts may have landed us 10 starter level players. That’s insane. It could be as many as 13 or 14 if were really lucky.

If Love is a star, holy shit, these two drafts of cheap starters and all the money we’re about to have. Seriously, that’s the recipe for a championship on the horizon.

SkinBasket
11-28-2023, 10:40 PM
Jonathon Owens?

For what? Having a loser quitter wife?

Valentine is the obvious choice.

texaspackerbacker
11-28-2023, 11:28 PM
A lot of good choices. I'm not so sure Walker is very high up on the list. Valentine is doing damn good. Dontavian Wicks should be on the list too, maybe the top offensive choice. Karl Brooks would seem to be the best of all, but as a 4th round pick, does he qualify hahahaha? Owens is doing damn good for his UDFA status too, and his "loser quitter wife"? I'll take her over Taylor Swift as our "team celebrity" any day.

Fritz
11-29-2023, 08:07 AM
Owens for the Detroit game, cuz the guy's a career marginal player who had a helluva game and helped the Pack - for once - be the more physical team.

That's worthy of a fuckdoggle.

bobblehead
11-29-2023, 10:37 AM
For what? Having a loser quitter wife?

Valentine is the obvious choice.

Skin, you have to get with the narrative. We were supposed to CELEBRATE her for quitting. It was noble....er somesuchshit.

Anyway, I agree. Valentine is the seasons fuckdoggle, but I still like Ford just because he has toiled around a bit before fuckdoggling out.

SudsMcBucky
11-29-2023, 01:20 PM
I'm going to go with those picking Valentine, especially since he's the guy I said after the draft he was the steal of the draft for us.

RashanGary
11-29-2023, 02:13 PM
I'm going to go with those picking Valentine, especially since he's the guy I said after the draft he was the steal of the draft for us.

Nice call. We’ve had two decades of crappy 7th round picks so I gave up hope.

bobblehead
12-01-2023, 12:11 AM

You deserve props for that one. The last 7th I liked coming out was Brad Jones iirc. He had a moment of success. Valentine looks like the real deal right now though, no doubt.

ThunderDan
12-01-2023, 07:15 AM
You deserve props for that one. The last 7th I liked coming out was Brad Jones iirc. He had a moment of success. Valentine looks like the real deal right now though, no doubt.

The next Sam Shields perhaps.

Sparkey
12-01-2023, 08:39 AM

Sans the concussions, I hope.

bobblehead
12-01-2023, 12:31 PM

Wasn't a an UDFA?? I thought he went undrafted, but either way...even better value than a 7th if he was.

ThunderDan
12-01-2023, 12:44 PM
Wasn't a an UDFA?? I thought he went undrafted, but either way...even better value than a 7th if he was.

Good memory, I just looked it up and he was a UDFA.

ThunderDan
12-01-2023, 02:39 PM
2004 Scott Wells
2008 Flynn
2009 Brad Jones
2010 CJ Wilson
2011 Lawrence Guy

Sorry but none of those guys count. The Fuckdoggle article wasn't written until 2015 supposedly.

CaptainKickass
12-01-2023, 04:01 PM
I don't think anyone has really come out of nowhere seemingly unknown to impact a game or whatever the spirit is for the Barney Fuckdoggle award.

The closest man to that description for me is: Robert Rochelle

Anti-Polar Bear
12-01-2023, 04:14 PM
I don't think anyone has really come out of nowhere seemingly unknown to impact a game or whatever the spirit is for the Barney Fuckdoggle award.

The closest man to that description for me is: Robert Rochelle

Disagreed. The Ugly Irish, Dan Whelan, fits the mold of the underdog dog fucker. Cut by the Sinners. Played in the XFL. Beat out a handsome Irish. Whelan could be the best punter to don the Green and Mustard Yellow since Jon Ryan.

Fritz
12-01-2023, 04:52 PM
Disagreed. The Ugly Irish, Dan Whelan, fits the mold of the underdog dog fucker. Cut by the Sinners. Played in the XFL. Beat out a handsome Irish. Whelan could be the best punter to don the Green and Mustard Yellow since Jon Ryan.

As I recall the origin of the term, the Packers had just lost a game they ought to have won because some nobody from the other team - a guy just signed off the streets where he’d been a car salesman or something - had a couple of big plays that destroyed the favored Packers’ hopes. So one of our mighty Packerrats wrote something along the lines that only the Packers could let themselves be beaten by some Barney Fuckdoggle nobody’d ever even heard of, who came out of nowhere.

So Whelan doesn’t quite fit there, though I do have hope they’ve finally found their punter. Curious to see how he does in the cold.

Joemailman
12-01-2023, 06:31 PM
Going with Patrick Taylor this week. He was unemployed 2 weeks ago. Teams have been able to run the ball a bit on the Chiefs, and Aaron Jones is out again.

Fritz
12-02-2023, 12:10 PM
That'd be a nice story.

Anti-Polar Bear
12-02-2023, 12:17 PM
Going with Patrick Taylor this week. He was unemployed 2 weeks ago. Teams have been able to run the ball a bit on the Chiefs, and Aaron Jones is out again.

Not to be a smart ass or anything, but making $10-12K a week on a NFL practice squad ain’t unemployment. Two weeks ago, Taylor was on the PS of the New England Traitors.

bobblehead
12-03-2023, 06:53 PM
Not to be a smart ass or anything, but making $10-12K a week on a NFL practice squad ain’t unemployment. Two weeks ago, Taylor was on the PS of the New England Traitors.

Left handed reliever. Long snapper. 10 year practice squad guy. All good careers if you can land them.

Fritz
12-04-2023, 07:55 AM
Well, Taylor did break off two nice runs in the game. Don't know he was the Fuckdoggle. Don't know if anyone was.

Kesean Nixon was supposed to be a "well he's the best we got" default slot corner, but the dude made a huge, huge interception. Not sure if his pedigree is lowly enough for him to qualify for the Fuckdoggle, though.

Joemailman
12-04-2023, 08:02 AM
I'm going with Ben Sims. Came into the game with 2 career receptions and scored the opening touchdown in a huge game. Former UDFA Packers stole from the Vikings.

Sparkey
12-04-2023, 08:19 AM
I'm going with Ben Sims. Came into the game with 2 career receptions and scored the opening touchdown in a huge game. Former UDFA Packers stole from the Vikings.

^ THIS ^

MadtownPacker
12-04-2023, 08:28 AM
I'm going with Ben Sims. Came into the game with 2 career receptions and scored the opening touchdown in a huge game. Former UDFA Packers stole from the Vikings.The record for overall receptions by rookies in a season has to be close. So many different mofos catching passes I can’t keep up.

Joemailman
12-04-2023, 09:14 AM
The record for overall receptions by rookies in a season has to be close. So many different mofos catching passes I can’t keep up.

Rookie WR's and TE's: 115 receptions, 1404 yards, 9 TD's.

On pace for: 162, 1989, 13

RashanGary
12-04-2023, 09:16 AM
If Jaires shoulder isn’t destroyed and he comes back and plays to his usual level of play, him and Valentine are lock down guys. Valentine has some Tramon Williams vibes.

MadtownPacker
12-04-2023, 09:50 AM
Rookie WR's and TE's: 115 receptions, 1404 yards, 9 TD's.

On pace for: 162, 1989, 131989??! OMG that’s a Taytay’s birthday 12/13/1989 (my kid is a fan so I know too much)!! It’s all making sense now. :lol:

I had a feeling it was off the charts. Even the announcers can barely keep up.

CaptainKickass
01-01-2024, 12:43 AM
Bo Melton?

Melton has been a practice squad elevation in each of the last three games and has seemingly come out of nowhere offensively.

Just as everyone predicted during training camp, Bo Melton became the Green Bay Packers’ first receiver to eclipse the 100-receiving mark in a game this season.

In a 33-10 win over the Minnesota Vikings on Sunday night, Melton led the team with nine targets and finished with six receptions – tied for the team lead – totaling 105 yards and a touchdown.

Melton surpassed 100 yards on Green Bay’s final possession. With 1:48 left on the clock and the Packers facing a 3rd-and-8, Sean Clifford connected with a wide-open Melton for 37 yards.

He also caught his first touchdown pass — a 9-yard score in the second half that put the Packers up 30-3.

Fritz
01-01-2024, 07:23 AM
Bo Melton?

Agreed. He really fuckdoggled the Vikes last night.

Ballantine did a nice job too, for a guy who has been cut more than a piece of paper held by a five-year-old-boy with his first pair of scissors.

sharpe1027
01-01-2024, 11:19 AM
Overhead from Melton in pregame: explain this fuckdoggle award....hold my beer