PDA

View Full Version : More Banjo - Packers vs Chiefs

Joemailman
12-03-2023, 10:40 PM
Jordan Love - 25-36, 267, 3 TD's.

Christian Watson - 7 catches, 71 yards, 2 TD.

Romeo Doubs - 4 catches, 72 yards.

A.J. Dillon - 87 total yards.

Keisean Nixon - 1 INT and 60 KOR yards.

Freak Out
12-03-2023, 10:41 PM
#1 seed baby. lol

ThunderDan
12-03-2023, 10:44 PM
Got a lot of help from the refs and got fucked by the refs in the final drive.

Either way, all KC could have done is tie the game. They couldn’t win it.

MadtownPacker
12-03-2023, 10:44 PM
Jordan “you can now fucking show me” Love!!! Upset of the week and fuck you that wasn’t pass interference!! Defense was ultimate bend dont break.

call_me_ishmael
12-03-2023, 11:06 PM
Defense was ass but they played well enough on O to compensate. How infrequent does that happen? Love played about as good of a game as one can. Ball control with taking shots as needed to move the sticks. I can think of many of these games where playing conservative wouldn't get the job done.

Fosco33
12-03-2023, 11:17 PM
Packers need to play with this same attitude and not expect a lot of attention.

J Love gets hosed post game 2 weeks in a row… nfl missing the mark big time. Use that disrespect as energy.

texaspackerbacker
12-03-2023, 11:45 PM
Another great game. I said, I wouldn't be surprised if Love outplayed Mahomes, and even though Mahomes was damn good, Love played better - as expected IMO.

I also said, Love will be better than Barry's D is bad. I guess we can't complain too much about holding a team like K.C. to 19, but damn, it was kinda ugly. Ball control offense did more to keep K.C.'s score down than the D. But a win is a win is a win, and another nail just got pulled out of Joe Barry's coffin.

Congrats to Watson on a great game. I hope the hamstring ain't too bad. I still say he is gonna be a great one. We'll need him in the playoffs. Great job by all the receivers. I SAID we have an excellent receivergroup. Good job Dillon not only showing strength like he sometimes doesn't but making some moves like most people including me thought he wasn't capable of.

Damn good rotation of edge rushers now that VanNess is starting to contribute. The DBs weren't horrible, all things considered. The ILBs were borderline bad, but Joe Barry's scheme had something to do with that.

MadScientist
12-04-2023, 12:22 AM
Another great game. I said, I wouldn't be surprised if Love outplayed Mahomes, and even though Mahomes was damn good, Love played better - as expected IMO.

I also said, Love will be better than Barry's D is bad. I guess we can't complain too much about holding a team like K.C. to 19, but damn, it was kinda ugly. Ball control offense did more to keep K.C.'s score down than the D. But a win is a win is a win, and another nail just got pulled out of Joe Barry's coffin.

Congrats to Watson on a great game. I hope the hamstring ain't too bad. I still say he is gonna be a great one. We'll need him in the playoffs. Great job by all the receivers. I SAID we have an excellent receivergroup. Good job Dillon not only showing strength like he sometimes doesn't but making some moves like most people including me thought he wasn't capable of.

Damn good rotation of edge rushers now that VanNess is starting to contribute. The DBs weren't horrible, all things considered. The ILBs were borderline bad, but Joe Barry's scheme had something to do with that.

Got to give you credit Tex, you were consistent in predicting this one. I wasn't too hopeful because KC is a good team. As good as the Packers played against Det, they were much better today. Detroit handed the ball to the Packers 3 times and had several 4th down failures. KC had 1 key interception, but other than that, they played well. Love and the Packers just played better.

Upnorth
12-04-2023, 06:16 AM
Defense was ass but they played well enough on O to compensate. How infrequent does that happen? Love played about as good of a game as one can. Ball control with taking shots as needed to move the sticks. I can think of many of these games where playing conservative wouldn't get the job done.

Another top 10 o. This time Held to under 20 points. Not ass. Should be better, but with our injuries I'm still happy.

Our d is getting better and better.

Also dillion played very well.

Any update on watson?

MadtownPacker
12-04-2023, 07:19 AM
What a swiftie clown you are!!

Ass is the thing you never get even when you buy flowers. The Packers defense was awesome last night, which you can directly correlate with the lack of Taylor camera shots throughout the game. You probably got all pissed when Mahomie got legally lit up by Owens. :lol:

Fritz
12-04-2023, 07:48 AM
Got a lot of help from the refs and got fucked by the refs in the final drive.

Either way, all KC could have done is tie the game. They couldn’t win it.

This is a good reminder. For sure, the Chiefs got hosed by the refs when Valentine didn't get called - on that play, "DPI" would've stood for "Double Penetration Interference," as Valentine was so all over MVS. BUT had it been called, the Queefs still needed a TD and two-point conversion to get it to overtime.

Also, had they ruled correctly that MVS's forward progress was stopped and he was in-bounds, the clock would've cost the Queefs pretty much the game, so the bad reffing worked both ways. Even though the earlier hit on Mahomes WAS legal, I kinda get that the NFL felt that had to be called - gotta protect the superstars, baby, even if it means the refs have to cheat a bit.

But the announcers going on and on and on about PI NOT being called on the Hail Mary was utter bullshit. When was the last time a PI was called on a Hail Mary? Besides that, it was not in my eyes quite as egregious as the announcers seemed to think. Kelce got pushed, but everyone did, and the last play of the game on a Hail Mary is, again, NOT called the way the same play would be in the second quarter.

So fuggem.

As for the actual game, it was the best-played game the Packers have had all year. For the first half, the offensive line played really well (second half, not so much). The Flower's play calling was the kind of play calling I think we fans were hoping for when he was hired - until Rodgers got ahold of the playbook/coach and made it just another Rodgers offense.

The offense looked crisp, and in crunch time, The Flower did not completely go into a shell. He stayed aggressive but smart. The receivers hung onto the ball beautifully. I saw only one drop - Maalik Heath. But mostly their fingers were like glue. Side note - Samouri Toure is officially a JAG. A healthy scratch, he's been bypassed by all the rooks. Dillon was solid, and how fun was it to see Patrick Taylor get a couple of long gains?

Defense held up well enough, though I can't stand a three-man rush, at least not until a Hail Mary. But that three-man rush earlier in the game cost the Packers. Still, despite getting gashed, the defense got a turnover and held up at the end. Still don't like Joe Barely, but at least they didn't give the game away at the end, as we've seen before.

Carlson is clearly not trusted on long kicks - they bypassed a long FG try there at the end, and chose to punt instead. I kinda get it, but again, even though the Swede is having a pretty darn good rookie season, he doesn't have the coaches' complete trust on the long ones yet.

And dammit, it's fun to watch the Packers again. There is not this sour-puss attitude that we saw when the previous QB was here, which made watching them - even in victory - less fun. It's more about the team and their cohesiveness, and not about what The Great One did to will them to a win, or about how the team let The Great One down. This team is having fun now and seem in it together. I kept thinking last night, even toward the end when KC was driving, that no matter what happened, it was a helluva fun game to watch.

Had to laugh at Kesean Nixon's interview after the game. The number one seed? Dude was clearly keyed up. Or he really doesn't look at the standings. At all. But both he and Love were clearly very, very amped after the game. Fun.

The Flower's going to have to carry a pin around this week to pop their balloon-sized heads so they're ready to play against the Gints.

MadtownPacker
12-04-2023, 08:25 AM
That a fucking great post Frtiz! Nice to be on the other end of all this. We can enjoy walking on sunshine today.

Fosco33
12-04-2023, 08:56 AM
Last few min of the game.

False start on a kickoff (rarely called).

PF for inbounds legal hit.

Good to let the fumble play out and right call on that DQ. But that was also and inbounds play and the clock never started after the review.

Stopped clock w/ 19sec left when all the announcers said it should’ve kept running.

Then bitching about an iffy PI call when they gave the Chiefs a super ticky tack one on their prior drive.

And people bitching about a non call on Hail Mary - which is never called.

The better team of the night won. Easy

RashanGary
12-04-2023, 09:11 AM
Last few min of the game.

False start on a kickoff (rarely called).

PF for inbounds legal hit.

Good to let the fumble play out and right call on that DQ. But that was also and inbounds play and the clock never started after the review.

Stopped clock w/ 19sec left when all the announcers said it should’ve kept running.

Then bitching about an iffy PI call when they gave the Chiefs a super ticky tack one on their prior drive.

And people bitching about a non call on Hail Mary - which is never called.

The better team of the night won. Easy

Wow. I was watching, but didn’t realize there were only 19 seconds when MVS was stopped in bounds. That’s crazy. With that in mind, they can go cry about it. We’ve been shafted far worse than that.

call_me_ishmael
12-04-2023, 09:38 AM
Fosco come on that PI wasn't iffy, he clearly mugged him. But what-eva, they owed the Pack after the personal foul gaff.

call_me_ishmael
12-04-2023, 09:40 AM
What a swiftie clown you are!!

Ass is the thing you never get even when you buy flowers. The Packers defense was awesome last night, which you can directly correlate with the lack of Taylor camera shots throughout the game. You probably got all pissed when Mahomie got legally lit up by Owens. :lol:

Yeah it's kinda weird right. I can't quite tell if they were horrible or good. On one hand, the data speaks for itself, 19 points is pretty good! But I think they had, what, two stops all game? Overall a weird game 'cause it was so run game dominant from the chiefs and ball control from the Pack.

Is the defense good? Can they win in playoffs? I honestly don't know. What is with Alexander playing like half the games at best?

bobblehead
12-04-2023, 09:41 AM
That a fucking great post Frtiz! Nice to be on the other end of all this. We can enjoy walking on sunshine today.

Agreed. Usually I quit on a post that long, but I read it all. The only thing I disagree with is that I had plenty of fun watching Rodgers grab a couple MVPs before he left. He had to go...it was time. We needed him to take Lazard and Cobb with him. But it was a great run. The king is a jet. Long live the Love.

bobblehead
12-04-2023, 09:43 AM
The defense is bad. If you disagree tell me the name of the chefs punter. I have no clue because he didn't appear in the game.

Fosco33
12-04-2023, 09:49 AM
Fosco come on that PI wasn't iffy, he clearly mugged him. But what-eva, they owed the Pack after the personal foul gaff.

It was iffy if it wasn’t called - I think it was a makeup non call for the Mahomes hit and the prior DPI that was suspect.

Fosco33
12-04-2023, 09:51 AM
The defense is bad. If you disagree tell me the name of the chefs punter. I have no clue because he didn't appear in the game.

Townsend booted one 57yrs for the Chiefs early in 4th q

call_me_ishmael
12-04-2023, 09:56 AM

This is generally my take as well.

It was iffy if it wasn’t called - I think it was a makeup non call for the Mahomes hit and the prior DPI that was suspect.

Good call, I forgot about the other DPI.

Joemailman
12-04-2023, 09:58 AM

Tommy Townsend punted once. Whelan punted twice. That type of game. They still got most of their starting secondary out with injuries going against Mahomes and Kelce. What do you expect? Points given up, and an INT more important than punts.

Fosco33
12-04-2023, 10:02 AM
Nixon got one of the game balls. It was for the INT and the returns - but also because he didn’t punch back. Smart move by lafleur to acknowledge and reward that w/ a young team that’s done stupid shit in the past (ahem - quay walker)

ThunderDan
12-04-2023, 10:44 AM
Nixon got one of the game balls. It was for the INT and the returns - but also because he didn’t punch back. Smart move by lafleur to acknowledge and reward that w/ a young team that’s done stupid shit in the past (ahem - quay walker)

Quay is meditating now. He is past his issues. /sarcasm

ThunderDan
12-04-2023, 10:50 AM
The one thing I did notice that is new on D is we played a different nickle at times this game.

Normally our nickle is 2-4-5, with Gary and Smith playing as down linemen.
Last night we ran some 3-3-5 nickle. With 3 DL and Gary and Smith. With De'Vondre Campbell being taken out.

MadtownPacker
12-04-2023, 11:23 AM
He never mugged him. I really think it came down to the hand placement on that non-grab. He had his palm turned out towards the ball, reaching over MVS to make a play for the ball.

MadtownPacker
12-04-2023, 11:27 AM
Tommy Townsend punted once. Whelan punted twice. That type of game. They still got most of their starting secondary out with injuries going against Mahomes and Kelce. What do you expect? Points given up, and an INT more important than punts.
That Whitey is just mad he has to keep making threads. Truly the anti-hero.

bobblehead
12-04-2023, 12:10 PM
Townsend booted one 57yrs for the Chiefs early in 4th q

Really? I must have blocked it out. Although I am getting foggy memories of that. We actually got 2 stops. The Nixon pick and the one punt. I just recall having them 1st and 25 and telling my friend "I should feel good about this, but you know they are converting right?"

It might be a rumor, but I heard the Giants are contemplating making the punter inactive to free up a roster spot....ok, thats not funny cuz the Giants punter is their MVP this year.

run pMc
12-04-2023, 12:31 PM
Well, I wasn't expecting that.

Offense - Walker needs better fundamentals on his footwork. Plays too high sometimes. Myers and Runyan had their iffy moments, and that KC D is for real. Chris Jones' swim move gave them trouble. I think injuries impacted Spagniolo's blitzing. Either way, Love usually had time to throw or got it out quickly. Was pretty decisive with his reads and throws. He also looked more accurate with his ball placement - he was hitting guys in stride. The prayer to Doubs had a nice ending but that could've gone very wrong. Love had a really good game, and that's coming from someone who has never been on his bandwagon. AJ Dillon played really well, even if the stat line doesn't show it. Good pass pro, and he made a nice move after the catch on a dumpoff. He ran like a bulldozer into the teeth of that defense and kept the offense mostly on schedule. The receivers are getting in sync with the QB and they are going to be fun to watch going forward. Was nice to see Kraft get some throws. Henry Pearson is not it at FB, they will be looking to replace Deguara and Pearson next offseason. MLF called a good game - he run a lot of misdirection (line blocks one way, ball goes opposite) to throw off defense. Go back and watch and you'll see what I mean.

Defense - wow does Pacheco run violently. Really fun to watch him. You'd think they'd just feed him and Kelce until a defense tried to stop them. GB seemed to buckle down a bit after the 1st drive and then got a little loosey goosey in the 2nd half, but overall they played a lot of bend-don't -break which basically was fine because they forced FGs while GB got TDs. Van Ness had a good game, and Karl Brooks looks like a keeper. The KC IOL is so so good, TJ Slaton couldn't do much. Go watch Preston Smith on the failed 2pt conversion - he's been playing solid if not very good ball during this run. Mahomes looks like he's dealing with the same young receiver issues GB has this year, except he's got Kelce and MVS to lean on.

Anders Carlson didn't screw up, or was clutch -- you decide. Hitting from 48 at Lambeau in December in the 4Q is no small accomplishment. I thought it was the right call to punt and pin KC deep vs. try a 55 yarder and risk giving Mahomes a short field.

That last 1:09 was bonkers. Refs lost control of the game. Bad calls on both sides. The bad roughing call on Owens. MVS catch stopping the clock. The not-called DPI on Valentine (an egregious non-call IMO). Owens' push on Kelce wasn't worth calling on a final Hail Mary - I think Kelce was trying to sell it a little and while he did shove Kelce he was jockeying for position and I don't think you want to call DPI there. We've seen worse mugging and bad Hail Mary calls. It made for a somewhat tainted ending to a very entertaining game.

Like many, I thought this team was playing bad football after the bad losses to DEN, LV and MIN and they would be lucky to get to 7 wins, nevermind the playoffs. I am happy to be wrong and not thinking about which top 10 draft spot they'll be.

MadScientist
12-04-2023, 12:46 PM
Since trading Rasul Douglas, the Packers are 4-1 and the Bills are 1-3.

Upnorth
12-04-2023, 01:23 PM

3 stops, 1 punt, one int, one turn over on downs. All 3 when it mattered.
Early on 2 times in a row, we got td, they got fg.

Itwas a good d games. Not great, but good

Fritz
12-04-2023, 01:34 PM

Thank you for cutting through all this detailed analysis bullshit and getting right to the center of the issue.

Goddammit, if the trade deadline hadn't passed, they could trade Jaire and win the Super Bowl, baby!!

Fun aside, glad to see someone else - runpmc I think - also thinks Kelce was trying to sell that push in the back on the Hail Mary.

That's the most enjoyable Packer game I've seen in a while. I am concerned with Alexander though - he's been hurt most of the year, and I think he was last year, wasn't he? I wonder if he's going to keep getting hurt and going in and out of the lineup.

However, I did hear they have some other corner that they're bringing back, and maybe he could help.What's his name? Stopes? Smokes? I vaguely remember him, but he hasn't played since nineteen and ninety four, or so it seems. Boy, what a shame. Had a reallly solid rookie year, but since then, it's been injuries and lousy play. We'll see.

MadtownPacker
12-04-2023, 01:36 PM
Maybe all the gambling he does.

Joemailman
12-04-2023, 01:50 PM
PFF Best, Worse scores.

Top 5 offense

1. QB Jordan Love: 91.8
2. WR Christian Watson: 88.9
3. WR Dontayvion Wicks: 85.3
4. C Josh Myers: 73.7
5. RB A.J. Dillon: 73.2

Love produced four “big-time throws” and zero “turnover-worthy plays.” More on his performance later. Watson caught seven passes, scored twice and averaged almost 2.5 yards per route run while also adding 15 rushing yards. Wicks caught three of four targets and had another catch of 20+ yards on just 16 routes run. Myers allowed one quarterback hit but graded out well as both a run-blocker and pass-blocker. Dillon gained 51 yards after first contact, caught his only target for 14 yards and was excellent as a pass-blocker.

Top 5 defense

1. S Darnell Savage: 85.0
2. OLB Kingsley Enagbare: 78.5
3. CB Keisean Nixon: 76.9
4. DL Kenny Clark: 65.2
5. CB Carrington Valentine: 64.9

Savage delivered two stops and a pass breakup and allowed just one catch in coverage in his return from injured reserve. Enagbare produced a pair of pressures and was solid against the run on the edge. Nixon gave up four catches but was otherwise solid in both coverage and run support, and his interception was a huge play. Clark added six more pressures, including a sack and a hit. He has 20 pressures in the last three games.

Bottom 5 offense

1. RG Jon Runyan Jr: 54.4
2. WR Malik Heath: 55.5
3. RB Patrick Taylor: 60.9
4. WR Jayden Reed: 61.4
5. LG Elgton Jenkins: 62.5

Runyan gave up two quick pressures and was only so-so in the run game. Heath dropped a pass. Taylor had an explosive run in the first half but also gave up a pressure. Reed ran 20 routes and caught four passes but managed only 16 total yards. Jenkins gave up two pressures and was the offensive line’s lowest-graded run-blocker. The offense did not have an egregiously poor performance from an individual.

Bottom 5 defense

1. DL Karl Brooks: 35.0
2. LB De’Vondre Campbell: 49.1
3. CB Corey Ballentine: 53.6
4. OLB Lukas Van Ness: 56.2
5. OLB Preston Smith: 57.4

Brooks missed a tackle and was the defense’s lowest-graded run defender over 24 total snaps. Campbell missed a tackle, gave up four completions in coverage and was poor against the run. Ballentine was credited with allowing six catches, and he was penalized for pass interference. Van Ness had a sack and two total pressures but struggled at times against the run. Smith had a sack but it was his only pressure over 28 pass-rushing snaps.

Special teams

Isaiah McDuffie and Kristan Welch had the two special teams tackles. The Packers didn’t miss one. Henry Pearson (offside on kickoff) had the only penalty. Anders Carlson made all five kicks, including two clutch field goals, Daniel Whelan put both of his punts inside the 20-yard line and Keisean Nixon had a 35-yard kickoff return. Robert Rochell (14 snaps) had the highest special teams grade.

Quarterback

Jordan Love: 91.8

Love dazzled. He completed 20 of 23 passes from clean pockets, hit 12 of 15 passes off play-action, found four completions thrown 20 or more yards and didn’t have a turnover worthy play. He even averaged 8.1 yards while under pressure and successfully handled the Chiefs’ blitz-happy defense. He had one pass dropped and two throwaways, so his adjusted completion percentage was once again almost 80 percent. The Chiefs pressured him on 16 dropbacks but finished with just two sacks. Love’s 91.8 overall grade was a career-best.

Joemailman
12-04-2023, 03:33 PM
God-damned media shitheads!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GAeotUSXkAACdAd?format=jpg&name=small

CaptainKickass
12-04-2023, 04:09 PM
Just a couple neat additions I didn't see anyone else post:

1.) Packers finished with 129 rushing yards on 25 carries (5.2 yards per carry).

2.) Per the Elias Sports Bureau, the Packers are the first team in the Super Bowl era to have three rookie tight ends catch a TD pass in a season.

Guiness
12-04-2023, 04:38 PM
Quay is meditating now. He is past his issues. /sarcasm

/s for sure! We all saw him choke slam that dude!

Fosco33
12-04-2023, 04:55 PM
In addition to the refs not winding the clock on the non fumble - they didn’t do a 10sec runoff either on that PF/DQ.

RashanGary
12-04-2023, 05:45 PM

I always chuckle at quay Walker. Everything he does is more rude and disrespectful than it has to be. It’s heart warming, really.

MadScientist
12-04-2023, 06:04 PM
In addition to the refs not winding the clock on the non fumble - they didn’t do a 10sec runoff either on that PF/DQ.

Here's the rule:

WHEN DOES A 10-SECOND RUNOFF OCCUR?
When there is a 10-second runoff, the clock starts on the referee’s signal. A 10-second runoff occurs when a team commits any of these acts after the two-minute warning with the clock running:

An offensive foul that prevents the snap (e.g., false start)
Intentional grounding
Illegal forward pass thrown from beyond the line of scrimmage
Throwing a backward pass out of bounds
Spiking or throwing the ball in the field of play after the down ends (except after a touchdown)
Any other intentional foul that causes the clock to stop

There is a 10-second runoff if a replay review of a play after the two-minute warning results in the on-field ruling being reversed and the correct ruling would not have stopped the clock.

This runoff only applies to the offense. The defense always has the option to decline the 10-second runoff and have the yardage penalty enforced, but if the yardage penalty is declined, the 10-second runoff is also declined.

A full swing does sound like an intentional foul that causes the clock to stop, but it's possible that the guidelines are for something else. Or perhaps they thought an ejection-worthy full swing was too stupid to be an intentional foul.

Also, the original call was a TD which stopped the clock, so maybe they didn't consider the punch as the thing that stopped the clock.

Joemailman
12-04-2023, 06:49 PM
Love 5-7 on throws 20+ yards downfield. Quite a turnaround from earlier in the season.

https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/static-charts/900/pass-chart_LOV130776_2023-REG-13_1701717637694.jpeg

Joemailman
12-04-2023, 07:21 PM
The Green Bay Packers claimed 2019 third-round pick David Long off of waivers from the Carolina Panthers on Monday, per Ian Rapoport of NFL Network.

The Packers will be Long’s third team in 2023. He signed with the Las Vegas Raiders in March and was claimed off of waivers by the Panthers in November.

The Los Angeles Rams made Long the 79th overall pick in 2019. The 2018 Big Ten All-American at Michigan won a Super Bowl as a member of the Rams in 2021.

Long (5-11, 196) has appeared in 63 career regular season games and made 12 starts. He spent two seasons with current Packers defensive coordinator Joe Barry while Barry was the linebackers coach and assistant head coach in Los Angeles.

Packers had an open roster spot. He's also played a lot of special teams.

Fritz
12-04-2023, 08:37 PM

I thought for a second he’d get a flag for that, but all the while I was thrilled to see it.

Wayne Simmons is his godfather.

sharpe1027
12-04-2023, 09:35 PM
Here's the rule:

A full swing does sound like an intentional foul that causes the clock to stop, but it's possible that the guidelines are for something else. Or perhaps they thought an ejection-worthy full swing was too stupid to be an intentional foul.

Also, the original call was a TD which stopped the clock, so maybe they didn't consider the punch as the thing that stopped the clock.

I think the last point is correct. If the foul is not why the clock stopped, no run off. In a different situation a personal foul would trigger a run off.

bobblehead
12-05-2023, 12:10 AM
3 stops, 1 punt, one int, one turn over on downs. All 3 when it mattered.
Early on 2 times in a row, we got td, they got fg.

Itwas a good d games. Not great, but good

They got better as KC needed to pass more and run less. The first half they didn't break, but boy did they bend. I am barely complaining because if you limit the chiefs you did your job. Bottom line, I'm not declaring them "fixed" yet, but I will say "improved" but still suck overall. Nixon's pick was huge. The final turnover on downs happened because we gave them a long field, not a ton of time and needing 8 to tie. Again, they did what they had to, but its not like a stop in the middle of the 3rd quarter.

And yes, we are 4-1(or whatever it was) without Rasul and likely headed to the playoffs if this isn't a big tease....Be honest, would you feel better entering the playoffs with or without Rasul??

bobblehead
12-05-2023, 12:14 AM
Just a couple neat additions I didn't see anyone else post:

1.) Packers finished with 129 rushing yards on 25 carries (5.2 yards per carry).

2.) Per the Elias Sports Bureau, the Packers are the first team in the Super Bowl era to have three rookie tight ends catch a TD pass in a season.

Early in camp I said that the future of this offense was going to run through the TE room. That is a neat little stat.

run pMc
12-05-2023, 08:10 AM
Love 5-7 on throws 20+ yards downfield. Quite a turnaround from earlier in the season.
Even better: I don't recall any of those 20+ yard throws being underthrown.

FWIW, vs. DET I thought the TD throw to Reed (where Watson ran the wrong route) was his most impressive all year, but watch the 2nd TD to Watson vs. KC where he has to jump for it, and that ball is perfectly placed. That was a prime-Rodgers-level throw.
Things are clicking for Love right now.

Anti-Polar Bear
12-05-2023, 09:27 AM
Early in camp I said that the future of this offense was going to run through the TE room.

Let’s sign Zach Ertz. That all-white TE room could be even whiter.

Fritz
12-05-2023, 09:30 AM
What is your fixation with white players?

NewsBruin
12-05-2023, 09:30 AM
EDIT: Done beaten to it.

Anti-Polar Bear
12-05-2023, 09:45 AM
What is your fixation with white players?

NFL oddities are fascinating. Taylor Rapp. Presley Harvin. Youngho Koo. Christian McCaffrey. Carl Nassib, to name a few oddities.

I’ve been a die-hard Pack fan since 9-20-92, and I ain’t ever seen an all-white Packers TE corps til this year. An oddity, indeed.

Anti-Polar Bear
12-05-2023, 10:16 AM
As Mobb would say, bring Black J-Mike!

texaspackerbacker
12-05-2023, 10:59 PM
Race be damned. I'd argue that with Musgrave healthy, we have the best TE group we've had in decades.

run pMc
12-06-2023, 09:46 AM
Race be damned. I'd argue that with Musgrave healthy, we have the best TE group we've had in decades.

Agree.
Musgrave, Kraft look like keepers, and even Sims has had a few moments. They are all worth keeping and developing.
They could have used Ertz to start the year, sure, but I would've preferred Marcedes, and even then he'd be stealing developmental snaps from the younguns.

The race schtick is old and tired, you can ditch it and try something else. WE BELIEVE IN YOU ;)

Fritz
12-06-2023, 09:54 AM
Sims does look like he's catching on. Supposedly he's a good blocker, so I would think the Amish/Italian kid, Josiah Deguara, is wondering if he'll have a job next year, or maybe even next week.

Joemailman
12-06-2023, 10:41 AM
Let the record show that even the support of Time's Person Of The Year could not defeat the Packers Sunday Night. https://www.cnn.com/2023/12/06/media/taylor-swift-time-person-of-the-year/index.html

texaspackerbacker
12-06-2023, 10:50 AM
Simone Biles + Snoop Dogg > Taylor Swift.

MadtownPacker
12-06-2023, 11:01 AM
Simone Biles + Snoop Dogg > Taylor Swift.
:lol: Fucking Tex!! :lol: It was Lil Wayne. Snoop is a Steelers fan if I recall and about 1.5 ft taller.

texaspackerbacker
12-06-2023, 11:04 AM
He's Nixon's uncle, ain't he? I forgot all about Lil Wayne.

MadtownPacker
12-06-2023, 11:04 AM
Let the record show that even the support of Time's Person Of The Year could not defeat the Packers Sunday Night. https://www.cnn.com/2023/12/06/media/taylor-swift-time-person-of-the-year/index.html
Obvious that the Lambeau crew didn’t show her on the Jumbotron to avoid inspiring Kelce to victory. :lol:

Truth is that fool looked tired all game. Her crazy chick ass is wearing him out.

MadtownPacker
12-06-2023, 11:06 AM
He's Nixon's uncle, ain't he? I forgot all about Lil Wayne.
No but looks like Nixon played in Snoop’s youth league. Very cool.